Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-06-2008, 11:45 PM   #1
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Noah?????

i dont like him. i never did. not while he was in Florida. Hated when we drafted him. And hate that he's still on the team. the only thing he brings to the table is hussle and heart. and dont get me wrong those are great and very important attributes but not sufficient to be a starting center in this league. especially not for my bulls. he would be a good back up but thats all ill give him. if he is our starting center we are in trouble. he provides no offense. horrible shot. complete liability on the offensive side of the ball. and on the defensive side i think he gets too much credit. he's too weak to contain the majority of the bigs in the nba. idk if im being too harsh but i just think in order for this team to be successful we need a significant upgrade with the center position. especially if he continues to give us problems off the court. get rid of him.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Noah?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
i dont like him. i never did. not while he was in Florida. Hated when we drafted him. And hate that he's still on the team. the only thing he brings to the table is hussle and heart. and dont get me wrong those are great and very important attributes but not sufficient to be a starting center in this league. especially not for my bulls. he would be a good back up but thats all ill give him. if he is our starting center we are in trouble. he provides no offense. horrible shot. complete liability on the offensive side of the ball. and on the defensive side i think he gets too much credit. he's too weak to contain the majority of the bigs in the nba. idk if im being too harsh but i just think in order for this team to be successful we need a significant upgrade with the center position. especially if he continues to give us problems off the court. get rid of him.

Sometimes it is difficult to be honest about a certain player without sounding rather harsh. However, I happen to agree with the majority of your opinion on Noah.

I really do appreciate his hustle and heart on the court. A player that actually tries to do the less glamerous part of the game like defense and rebounding is somewhat rare, and we shouldn't take that for granted.

My biggest problem with Noah is that I think his ceiling is low in terms of potential. His shot is horrific and I don't know if the offensive side of the game will ever be his strength.

Most Bulls fans keep putting so much faith in both Thomas and Noah developing into some two-headed monster in the paint, but I just find that so difficult to believe. Both guys are projects for sure, but what are the odds that they both become great?

Noah doesn't seem to be large or strong enough to a defensive nightmare for other teams so...what we see is what we get most likely. I don't think Noah is the caliber of center that starts on a team chasing a championship. I like Noah much more as a dude coming off the bench to give the main guy a breather.

For the record, I like Aaron Gray. Yup, I said it. I don't care how slow he is, I still think he can give the Bulls more than Noah. I could be wrong but I think Gray needs to split the minutes with Noah and let the results show who should start, and (only) if necessary decide which guy needs to be traded in the future.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:46 AM   #3
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hustle and heart.. maybe I'm the minority, but I'll take it.

I would rather develop Noah at this point and time. People make it seem like if we add a top 10 center to our roster, we are going to win a title.
If he has something to prove, we're going to see it. And it seems like Noah has more to prove than anyone on this team. This season, I am more than willing to give him that chance.

Noah lacks muscle and consistency. His shot I can care less about, you gotta remember, not many teams have young 7 footers that shoot the ball well and play defense. At least he has shown that he can take his scrawny-college build, and still box out some of the stronger centers from time to time. As he gets older, and bulks up, he will change your minds.
I like Aaron Grey too, but he has a long ways to go before he can give you 35mpg. Noah, while rough around the edges, can give you more effective minutes a game, even if he isn't a scorer.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #4
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

first of all noah won't bulk up, he doesn't have the genes to do it but he can get stronger........ maybe a tad bit bigger. noah IMO was the player who wanted to win the most last year, his hustle and heart is great and thats a plus to a team that can loose focus. was he worth a top 10 pick? no but he had won back to back NCAA titles and that is why paxson drafted him. best case for noah is he will turn into a good defensive player, don't think he will be our starter tho. regardless I say keep him around, teams need those blue collar workers who don't mind doing the dirty work.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Noah?????

Quote:

I was also not a Joakim fan when he was in college or when we drafted him, but once he started playing I starting coming around. His passion is really contagious, and we need an outspoken player on the team, whether it's a rookie or a veteran. He isn't afraid to speak his mind, and most of the time it works out for the better.

I wouldn't say he is a complete liability on the offensive side of the ball. He is a great offensive rebounder, and he has soft touch when he is close to the basket. He will never develop a sky hook or a turn-around that will put fear in the hearts of opponents, but he is very quick and agile for a 7-footer, and if he gets the ball inside, he can make a quick move to get past the defender. If all he gets are dunks and putbacks, that still gives us about 10 points/game, which is all I am expecting from him anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
Noah doesn't seem to be large or strong enough to a defensive nightmare for other teams so...what we see is what we get most likely. I don't think Noah is the caliber of center that starts on a team chasing a championship. I like Noah much more as a dude coming off the bench to give the main guy a breather.

For the record, I like Aaron Gray. Yup, I said it. I don't care how slow he is, I still think he can give the Bulls more than Noah. I could be wrong but I think Gray needs to split the minutes with Noah and let the results show who should start, and (only) if necessary decide which guy needs to be traded in the future.

Being 7' tall, he will always be large enough to defend any big man in the league, and I think he could develop into a Rodman-esque player. Not nearly as good, but he is pesky and can get under the skin of the opposing player, and he goes balls out all the time. I think as long as he is surrounded with guys that can score and a PG that can run the show, he will be fine starting.

I also like Aaron Gray. He's got some good post moves, and is another big body to clog up the paint on defense. Like you said, he's not all that athletic, but the final game last season alone would have been enough to keep him around for a while. Don't forget, he and Noah were both rookies last season, and once they gel with the other players on the team, they will be able to improve even more.

Last edited by Bulls_Fan20 : 08-22-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #6
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I was also not a Joakim fan when he was in college or when we drafted him, but once he started playing I starting coming around. His passion is really contagious, and we need an outspoken player on the team, whether it's a rookie or a veteran. He isn't afraid to speak his mind, and most of the time it works out for the better.

I wouldn't say he is a complete liability on the offensive side of the ball. He is a great offensive rebounder, and he has soft touch when he is close to the basket. He will never develop a sky hook or a turn-around that will put fear in the hearts of opponents, but he is very quick and agile for a 7-footer, and if he gets the ball inside, he can make a quick move to get past the defender. If all he gets are dunks and putbacks, that still gives us about 10 points/game, which is all I am expecting from him anyway.

Being 7' tall, he will always be large enough to defender any big man in the league, and I think he could develop into a Rodman-esque player. Not nearly as good, but he is pesky and can get under the skin of the opposing player, and he goes balls out all the time. I think as long as he is surrounded with guys that can score and a PG that can run the show, he will be fine starting.

I also like Aaron Gray. He's got some good post moves, and is another big body to clog up the paint on defense. Like you said, he's not all that athletic, but the final game last season alone would have been enough to keep him around for a while. Don't forget, he and Noah were both rookies last season, and once they gel with the other players on the team, they will be able to improve even more.

Good points. I think you give this board quality posts again and again.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #7
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

there was a really good article during which the bulls were in summer league and whoever wrote it made a good point, it was about coming up with certain statistical category called assisted turnover, or defensive touches... i forgot the exact terminology but it was something along those lines, anyways he was watching the bulls game where noah had like 6 pts, 7 reb, and a block, not teriffic #'s especially for a starting center playing in the summer league, but then he stated how much noah affected the game in other ways, he was shocked at how many times noah got his hand on the ball which bounced to a teammate/went out of bounds on the opposing player which prevented a fast break or how many times his man had too box him out that resulted into a rebound for someone else on the bulls, he just does so many of the little things that don't get accounted for
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:51 PM   #8
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

i like noah if someone teaches him how to defend. his rotations suck he is so nervous and star struck on the court that he is our weakest defensive link. Yeah sure he rebounds but he also alows alot of easy shots for other teams. I KNOW KEVIN GARNETTE wouldnt do that. that is what beating the east is going to take. A person who can do the simple things like close the lanes realy good without that we will not compete even with 5 star rose if that happens. lol be like garnette illegal screens BABY!
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:55 AM   #9
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Chicago was looking for a big man. Big man that were drafted after him were Hawes and Sean Williams. I'm not a big fan of Hawes and although I'm a fan of sean williams, drafting him at #9 is too high considering the red flags surrounding him.

I was hoping chicago would draft Al thornton after Brandan was drafted by charlotte, but I know he plays the same position as Deng and Noce.

Noah is a very good complementary player. When surrounded by guys with high IQ, he will look good. He knows where to position himself, pretty good passer for a big guy and has good hands.

Regarding his shot, it sure looks ugly but the results are not that bad. he shot 70% FT% in his rookie year and if he works on it, can reach around 75%. Guys like boozer, who has a decent midrange shot, is a 73% ft shooter. J oneal has 70% FT also
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:55 AM   #10
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like Noah.

He has good size. Good athletism, good length. Incredible fire in his game. Of course, once again, everyone will write the rookie off for mistakes. When he polishes his game up and hits the gym, we have a quality player on our hands. Not sure what he'll turn out to be, but I'm sure he'll become a serious threat on both ends of the court. He has a passion that's rare in todays game of money tyrants. I'll put my faith in passion.

Give him a little time, he'll be productive.

If the Bulls were to trade him, I wouldn't be hurt though.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:01 AM   #11
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
Most Bulls fans keep putting so much faith in both Thomas and Noah developing into some two-headed monster in the paint, but I just find that so difficult to believe. Both guys are projects for sure, but what are the odds that they both become great?

Not most Bulls fans, I'd like to say a little less than half. Most Bulls fans are always expecting things not to turn out, like you.

The chances for Noah and Thomas becoming a "two-headed monster" in the paint? 50%

A chance they don't? 50%

Pick your side. We'll never truly know until these guys have played more than 6+ years in the NBA. Judging them by rookie performances is not fair.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #12
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Noah?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Not most Bulls fans, I'd like to say a little less than half. Most Bulls fans are always expecting things not to turn out, like you.

The chances for Noah and Thomas becoming a "two-headed monster" in the paint? 50%

A chance they don't? 50%

Pick your side. We'll never truly know until these guys have played more than 6+ years in the NBA. Judging them by rookie performances is not fair.

I think the general consensus among Bulls fans is that Tyrus has a chance to become a great player, but it will take a lot of time and work, longer than some fans are willing to wait. Noah, on the other hand, will never be better than a role player, but a very valuable one if he improves what he is already good at and keeps his passion for the game. It's not often you find 7-footers with his athletic ability.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:05 AM   #13
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I think the general consensus among Bulls fans is that Tyrus has a chance to become a great player, but it will take a lot of time and work, longer than some fans are willing to wait. Noah, on the other hand, will never be better than a role player, but a very valuable one if he improves what he is already good at and keeps his passion for the game. It's not often you find 7-footers with his athletic ability.

We're on the same exact page on this one, BF20...this is a team of the future, and I also can understand the impatience of fans. I also believe the Bulls and it's players are getting too harsh of feedback from the fans after last season. I wonder if they remember how tumultuous last season was, no wonder they fell apart.

We're loaded with a lot of potential, and the wait will be well worth it. This team will grow together, and add a go-to guy within the next two seasons.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #14
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

I like Noah with his passion and energy on the court....off the court is where I have a problem with him....he just needs to mature and keep his head on straight.....or else he might not be in a Bulls uniform very long.....I mean you saw what happened to the Artest..Eddie Curry's and Jamal Crawfords of the world....the Bulls have always had a zero tolerence with knuckle heads...unless your Dennis Rodman....
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #15
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

We all know that he is what he is... potential 14/10 guy who doesn't have many skills... he was the 9th pick... there really wasn't much else they could have done there... Spencer Hawes? please... that guy sucks...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: