Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #1
clipps
Good college starter

Default Guitar Hero talk

Pretty much, how good are you, which is your favorite GH game, what are your favorite songs, what songs do you hate, brag about achievements and just talk randomly about Guitar Hero. There is hardly any GH threads so I thought I'd start one.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:23 AM   #2
biisak
Yeah, Im from Sweden

Default Re: Guitar Hero talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Pretty much, how good are you, which is your favorite GH game, what are your favorite songs, what songs do you hate, brag about achievements and just talk randomly about Guitar Hero. There is hardly any GH threads so I thought I'd start one.

Im frikkin great. Ive got two songs left on expert on GH3 but have beaten GH2 on expert.

Love the games, mainly because they are fun like no other game before them. Ive played videogames for 20 years but rarely have a game been so much pure fun as Guitar Hero.

I think the song selection for the 2nd game is superior but like that the 3rd game is a little more forgiving.

A game that every console-owner with any sort of musical interest should own.
biisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:35 AM   #3
clipps
Good college starter

Yea... I love the game too. I guess I admit that I play the game too much. I have 5 starred every song on expert in GH3, including the bonus songs(yes... including Through the Fire and flames... my high score is 617K with 92% notes hit). I have all of the DLC songs 5 starred except for Devil Went Down to Georgia... Too crazy. I also have almost 40 gold stars(100% notes hit). 20 of them are on the Career setlist, 8 of them are on the bonus setlist, and I have a handful of Goldstars on the DLC setlist. So I'm pretty decent at this game.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

I don't understand what's so fun about this game. A string of notes come down and you have to hit them in sequence as it goes faster and faster, or other variations. I mean it's probably the simplest game to program in the last 10 years, with the exception of the music and graphics which is all peripheral.

I mean in a way it's like an advance version of Simon.

Why is this more fun than picking up an actual guitar and learning?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
clipps
Good college starter

You will probably never figure that out. Maybe people should put Call of Duty 4 down and join the Marines and fight in a real world... Stop playing NBA Live/2k8 and go play some real basketball. Quit playing Madden and play real football. Guitar Hero's no different. It's a video game. I have a lot of fun with it, and I know it's not a real guitar... I strum a little bit on a real guitar at times. I'm not phenominal, but I'm not a guitar player. I'm more of a piano guy.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

I love this game. I have only been playing for a few months now, and I am at the point where I can beat about half of the songs on Hard. I still cant beat anything in the 7th or 8th tier on hard yet, but I have almost finished Knights of Cydonia a few times.

Galloping triplets... I can usually choke my way through those, but I have so little juice left after that, I cant hold together for the last few minutes of the song.

Pay no mind to Mathius, hes just like that.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #7
sixerfan82
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I don't understand what's so fun about this game. A string of notes come down and you have to hit them in sequence as it goes faster and faster, or other variations. I mean it's probably the simplest game to program in the last 10 years, with the exception of the music and graphics which is all peripheral.

I mean in a way it's like an advance version of Simon.

Why is this more fun than picking up an actual guitar and learning?

Mathius

because you can play your favorite songs with minimal effort
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #8
clipps
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
I love this game. I have only been playing for a few months now, and I am at the point where I can beat about half of the songs on Hard. I still cant beat anything in the 7th or 8th tier on hard yet, but I have almost finished Knights of Cydonia a few times.

Galloping triplets... I can usually choke my way through those, but I have so little juice left after that, I cant hold together for the last few minutes of the song.

Pay no mind to Mathius, hes just like that.

You are going to hate Raining Blood... It was definitely one of my brick walls. Here's a list of my brick walls.

-Before I Forget - Hard
-3's and 7's - hard
-One - Hard
-Raining Blood - Hard
-5 starring Raining Blood - Hard
-Welcome to the Jungle - Expert
-Before I Forget - Expert(5 starring wasn't so hard once I figured out how to beat it)
-3's and 7's - Expert(5 starring wasn't that hard either)
-Cult of Personality- Expert
-Raining Blood- Expert(5 starring this one was a b*tch)
-One- Expert
-Numbers of the Beast - Expert

-Through the Fire and Flames on expert both passing and 5 starring... And right now, I'm in the middle of trying to get another achievement with the use of this song... It requires me to score atleast 750K on Through the Fire and Flames. There are 2 other songs you can use to get 750K but Through the Fire and Flames is the EASIEST song to get the achievement with... Getting the 567K required to qualify for a 5 star was difficult enough.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: