Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 08-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

Default Sixers starting lineup for upcoming season

Starters
C Sammy
PF Brand
SF Young
SG Iguodala
PG Miller

Backups
C ?
PF ?
SF Rush
SG Green
PG Williams

It's kind of hard for me to figure in the 2nd string pf position and C position since we have so much depth at the position. Also we don't have a legit sf to back up young so I thought Rush was the best possible fit. C is a bit puzzling becase imo Smith can do a decent job but is Smith what Mo wants to back up Sam since he isn't your traditional C. I have a feeling we may pick up a veteran C to back up Sam. We have to maybe move a pf and imo Evans would have to be the one since we drafted Speights and Evans is extremely poor offensively. Overall I think it's a little difficult when you get to the center and power forward position to figure out the reserves and the 2nd string.

Last edited by 76ers4life : 08-07-2008 at 02:41 PM.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Default Re: Sixers starting lineup for upcoming season

Evans is backup PF and Smith is backup C right now, with Speights the 3rd man to fill either spot. We are going to get another big, but as i posted in the other thread there is no1 to choose from really. We aren't going to deal Evans or Smith, not needed. And Rush would be our backup 3 technically, but it's more like Iggy is our backup 3. We have 2 sg and 2 sf, it just happens that both SF will start together
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
Evans is backup PF and Smith is backup C right now, with Speights the 3rd man to fill either spot. We are going to get another big, but as i posted in the other thread there is no1 to choose from really. We aren't going to deal Evans or Smith, not needed. And Rush would be our backup 3 technically, but it's more like Iggy is our backup 3. We have 2 sg and 2 sf, it just happens that both SF will start together
I was thinking moving Evans to get rid of the logjam at pf also to free up more minutes for Smith and Speights since both are the future of this team. On the flipside I really like Evans as a rebounder hustler and emotional leader off the bench. So your probably right no need to move Evans also I really like this team and every player on this team now that I think about it I wouldn't move anybody on this team. Certainly not Smith that is definently out the question you would have to offer a solid deal for me to give him up and even then I still wouldn't deal him. I never thought of Iguodala as a sf because he is extremely undersized at that position and teams now are starting to roll out with 6-9 and 6-10 sf's. I think he has to make his living as a 2 because he is clearly overmatched at the 3. With that he has to improve his jump shot which he has and will continue to get better. I do understand what your saying about we are actually starting 2 sf's. I really just think that was an experiment that was only used for this past season since we had no clear cut sf. Iggy simply cannot play the sf position and i'm glad the experiment will be over this year with Young moving into his natural position.

Last edited by 76ers4life : 08-07-2008 at 05:09 PM.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
artificial
:-P

Nah, seeing Iggy play I think he is a good swingman that lacks an outside shot and rebounds pretty well, which translates to SF. Don't really think he is undersized at that position, as I can't think of many SF's that he would be mismatched against. So yes, I agree in that Sixers have 2 starting calibre SF's and two SG's better suited to come off the bench.

I might be the only one here that isn't really high on Smith. I mean, he could develop into a decent player, but I'd definitely move him before Evans, and that's considering the logjam at PF.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:28 AM   #5
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

I like Smith a lot, he's athletic and he has a good feel for the game. I also like Reggie, with him being back where he should be as a backup PF, he will be even more effective. He does things that don't show up in the box with hustle plays, taking charges and flopping...haha. But we need his toughness, cuz without it we are pretty soft up front other than Brand.

As for Iggy, he isn't over matched by anyone at the 3, but size wise he is better at the 2.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: