Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-01-2006, 10:11 AM   #16
TheHonestTruth
Banned

TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.

US should start giving citizenships to these foreign players!
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:12 AM   #17
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
No way! Gasol HAS to play in the championship game!!! The beard will propel Espana to victory!
HUZZAH!!

kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #18
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Coach K getting war veterans to instill a sense of pride in the players? All for nothing.

All this hype about a new national team program? All for nothing.

All the hype about surrounding stars with role players? All for nothing.

All the hype about getting coachs like D'Antoni into the program? All for nothing.

This is a national embarrassment. Placing 4th in the World Championships when we seemingly did almost everything necessary to ensure we would win gold. Terrible. Not even on the medal podium.

I will not be surprised if most of the original 24 members decide to remove themselves from the roster simply because they are sick of this bullsh&t.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:28 AM   #19
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
HUZZAH!!

He's back! That's a lot of flapjacks.

I'll have to seriously consider buying a Gasol Spain jersey with birthday money that may come my way.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:31 AM   #20
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

I hope Spain wins it all, but with Paul injured...

BTW: Jerry West is now probably like
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #21
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty
I hope Spain wins it all, but with Paul injured...

BTW: Jerry West is now probably like

If they just play sergio more they would win by 50. That dude is my new fav player
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #22
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

yeah we'll have to wait and get an injury report on Pau before we predict the final outcome.

and I hear ya sakf, I want one of those jerseys too, just make sure you get a Pau Gasol one, not a Marc Gasol one
Old 09-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #23
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Not that having a Marc Gasol one would be a BAD thing...
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:55 AM   #24
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

true, they do look pretty cool:

http://www.photo.fiba.com/G_Storia_F..._g asol_m.jpg
Old 09-01-2006, 10:57 AM   #25
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

People deserve credit for being right.

Nice job Nader.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #26
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

1. I call out Team USA for their obvious lack in fundamental team defense. I realize how this will come back to bite us in the ass during the elimination game. I get called a hater by some goon who looked at the box scores of the exhibition games. Result: Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

2. I call out MANY Team USA players (particularly Wade and Paul) for their obvious offensive struggles in FIBA competition. This clearly stems from their lack of fundamentals, shooting, ability to make SMART basketball decisions. I get called a hater by some goon who looks at Wade's PPG and Paul's AST/TO ratio. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

3. I call out Team USA for lousy offense, mainly stemming from the fact that their is almost zero ball movement and still heavily reliant on isolation plays. I get called a hater by some goon who looks at our TeamPPG and says we are doing great. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

4. I call out Team USA for their serious inexperience in international competition. I realize that our lead point guard is a damn rookie and we literally had no international veterans outside of Elton Brand. I get called a hater by some good who says "doesn't matter, most of the games have at least played in one international tourny before." I get called a hater by some goon who looks at our roster and thinks its deep and stacked. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

5. I realized the fact that David Stern has created a league of all style, no substance four years ago. Players lack not only talent, but fundamental basketball skills that should have been developed as a kid and constantly reinforced through high school, college, AND the NBA. Instead, we have a new crop of "stars" today who should be damn college players actually learning the game instead of blowing by on athletic ability.

6. I realized the fact even BEFORE the exhibition series that our preparation for these World games is BARELY better than the preparation for the 2004 Olympic Qualifiers. We played against absolute trash such as China and Korea, which completely wasted our time and instilled a false sense of confidence(particularly with regards to defense).

**I will continue to add more as the day progresses. I'm f&cking pissed right now, not only because team USA lost, but because so many basketball retards on ISH labeled me a hater and a pessimist when I stated the OBVIOUS weaknesses of this team.

have a good day. Congrats on 4th place.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:03 AM   #27
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Coach K getting war veterans to instill a sense of pride in the players? All for nothing.

All this hype about a new national team program? All for nothing.

All the hype about surrounding stars with role players? All for nothing.

All the hype about getting coachs like D'Antoni into the program? All for nothing.

This is a national embarrassment. Placing 4th in the World Championships when we seemingly did almost everything necessary to ensure we would win gold. Terrible. Not even on the medal podium.

I will not be surprised if most of the original 24 members decide to remove themselves from the roster simply because they are sick of this bullsh&t.

i'm not sure that's true. the team made a 3 year commitment to win the gold in the 2008 olympics. they'll play together again next year (hopefully for more than a month) and then again in '08. it's not a matter of players' talents or skillsets. it's a matter of cohesiveness and team play. maybe another summer will be long enough for them to get it together, and maybe they're doomed. i'm personally very disappointed by the way they lost, but i wouldn't say the new system in a failure just this tournament, which is a spectacular failure.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:03 AM   #28
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
6. I realized the fact even BEFORE the exhibition series that our preparation for these World games is BARELY better than the preparation for the 2004 Olympic Qualifiers. We played against absolute trash such as China and Korea, which completely wasted our time and instilled a false sense of confidence(particularly with regards to defense).

Agreed. WTF was the US doing playing against these garbage squads like South Korea, you can't get better unless you play against real competition. Also those games should've been a warning, we didn't dominate as much as we should have considering how bad those teams were.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:06 AM   #29
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
Agreed. WTF was the US doing playing against these garbage squads like South Korea, you can't get better unless you play against real competition. Also those games should've been a warning, we didn't dominate as much as we should have considering how bad those teams were.
and why did they use any nba refs? they should have had all fiba officials all the time to get used to how the game is called and wipe those looks of shock off their faces.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:06 AM   #30
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
1. I call out Team USA for their obvious lack in fundamental team defense. I realize how this will come back to bite us in the ass during the elimination game. I get called a hater by some goon who looked at the box scores of the exhibition games. Result: Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

2. I call out MANY Team USA players (particularly Wade and Paul) for their obvious offensive struggles in FIBA competition. This clearly stems from their lack of fundamentals, shooting, ability to make SMART basketball decisions. I get called a hater by some goon who looks at Wade's PPG and Paul's AST/TO ratio. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

3. I call out Team USA for lousy offense, mainly stemming from the fact that their is almost zero ball movement and still heavily reliant on isolation plays. I get called a hater by some goon who looks at our TeamPPG and says we are doing great. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

4. I call out Team USA for their serious inexperience in international competition. I realize that our lead point guard is a damn rookie and we literally had no international veterans outside of Elton Brand. I get called a hater by some good who says "doesn't matter, most of the games have at least played in one international tourny before." I get called a hater by some goon who looks at our roster and thinks its deep and stacked. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

5. I realized the fact that David Stern has created a league of all style, no substance four years ago. Players lack not only talent, but fundamental basketball skills that should have been developed as a kid and constantly reinforced through high school, college, AND the NBA. Instead, we have a new crop of "stars" today who should be damn college players actually learning the game instead of blowing by on athletic ability.

**I will continue to add more as the day progresses. I'm f&cking pissed right now, not only because team USA lost, but because so many basketball retards on ISH labeled me a hater and a pessimist when I stated the OBVIOUS weaknesses of this team.

have a good day. Congrats on 4th place.

I was with you the whole way. Except im not sad im happy. I put money on spain with 7 to 1 odds.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: