Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-01-2006, 11:41 AM   #31
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
1. I call out Team USA for their obvious lack in fundamental team defense. I realize how this will come back to bite us in the ass during the elimination game. I get called a hater by some goon who looked at the box scores of the exhibition games. Result: Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

2. I call out MANY Team USA players (particularly Wade and Paul) for their obvious offensive struggles in FIBA competition. This clearly stems from their lack of fundamentals, shooting, ability to make SMART basketball decisions. I get called a hater by some goon who looks at Wade's PPG and Paul's AST/TO ratio. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

3. I call out Team USA for lousy offense, mainly stemming from the fact that their is almost zero ball movement and still heavily reliant on isolation plays. I get called a hater by some goon who looks at our TeamPPG and says we are doing great. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

4. I call out Team USA for their serious inexperience in international competition. I realize that our lead point guard is a damn rookie and we literally had no international veterans outside of Elton Brand. I get called a hater by some good who says "doesn't matter, most of the games have at least played in one international tourny before." I get called a hater by some goon who looks at our roster and thinks its deep and stacked. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

5. I realized the fact that David Stern has created a league of all style, no substance four years ago. Players lack not only talent, but fundamental basketball skills that should have been developed as a kid and constantly reinforced through high school, college, AND the NBA. Instead, we have a new crop of "stars" today who should be damn college players actually learning the game instead of blowing by on athletic ability.

6. I realized the fact even BEFORE the exhibition series that our preparation for these World games is BARELY better than the preparation for the 2004 Olympic Qualifiers. We played against absolute trash such as China and Korea, which completely wasted our time and instilled a false sense of confidence(particularly with regards to defense).

you nailed it. replace Wade with Redd. NOW. the team also needs a guy like Rip Hamilton that moves without the ball.

the worst thing was all game the ESPN announcers were shocked that it seemed the US had done no scouting. They kept fouling that one dude that had been shooting like 25% from the field but 90% from the line. why? doesnt somebody on the US sideline have a clipboard of stats like that so they can tell the players DONT TOUCH THAT GUY.

Last edited by kentatm : 09-01-2006 at 11:43 AM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:46 AM   #32
defmut
I hit open layups

defmut has an OK reputation so far

I hope that Greece goes ahead and wins the tourney since they are the only team to beat USA. I kind of relieved that Argentia lost. USA vs. Argentia should be a good game also.

The world is a whole lot better than what I previously thought.
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:46 AM   #33
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I like how Nader uses "we" when referring to wins but "Team USA" when referring to losses.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #34
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
1. I call out Team USA for their obvious lack in fundamental team defense. I realize how this will come back to bite us in the ass during the elimination game. I get called a hater by some goon who looked at the box scores of the exhibition games. Result: Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

2. I call out MANY Team USA players (particularly Wade and Paul) for their obvious offensive struggles in FIBA competition. This clearly stems from their lack of fundamentals, shooting, ability to make SMART basketball decisions. I get called a hater by some goon who looks at Wade's PPG and Paul's AST/TO ratio. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

3. I call out Team USA for lousy offense, mainly stemming from the fact that their is almost zero ball movement and still heavily reliant on isolation plays. I get called a hater by some goon who looks at our TeamPPG and says we are doing great. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

4. I call out Team USA for their serious inexperience in international competition. I realize that our lead point guard is a damn rookie and we literally had no international veterans outside of Elton Brand. I get called a hater by some good who says "doesn't matter, most of the games have at least played in one international tourny before." I get called a hater by some goon who looks at our roster and thinks its deep and stacked. Result:Greece beats us in the semi-finals and goes on to play for the gold medal.

5. I realized the fact that David Stern has created a league of all style, no substance four years ago. Players lack not only talent, but fundamental basketball skills that should have been developed as a kid and constantly reinforced through high school, college, AND the NBA. Instead, we have a new crop of "stars" today who should be damn college players actually learning the game instead of blowing by on athletic ability.

6. I realized the fact even BEFORE the exhibition series that our preparation for these World games is BARELY better than the preparation for the 2004 Olympic Qualifiers. We played against absolute trash such as China and Korea, which completely wasted our time and instilled a false sense of confidence(particularly with regards to defense).

**I will continue to add more as the day progresses. I'm f&cking pissed right now, not only because team USA lost, but because so many basketball retards on ISH labeled me a hater and a pessimist when I stated the OBVIOUS weaknesses of this team.

have a good day. Congrats on 4th place.

Good post, Apple. This sums up everything wrong with US basketball and the false superiority complex still instilled in 90% of this board. I hope this is a wakeup call to everyone. You dont get knocked down in three straight international tournaments when you are the supposed "BEST" in the world.

Basketball is no longer our sport. I'm happy that the US finally lost against the first quality team they played. All this blind fanaticism was making me nauseous .
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #35
trenttucker
Can barely lace up my sneakers

trenttucker has an OK reputation so far
Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Coach K getting war veterans to instill a sense of pride in the players? All for nothing.

All this hype about a new national team program? All for nothing.

All the hype about surrounding stars with role players? All for nothing.

All the hype about getting coachs like D'Antoni into the program? All for nothing.

This is a national embarrassment. Placing 4th in the World Championships when we seemingly did almost everything necessary to ensure we would win gold. Terrible. Not even on the medal podium.

I will not be surprised if most of the original 24 members decide to remove themselves from the roster simply because they are sick of this bullsh&t.

Pretty wrong on all counts... this team was constructed in the manner it was because the goal is to win in 2008! Try again...
trenttucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #36
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttucker
Pretty wrong on all counts... this team was constructed in the manner it was because the goal is to win in 2008! Try again...

Stop talking out of your ass. I recall everyone here saying Team USA would blow out everyone in the tournament. What was it? A 10 point win prediction against Greece? Ya'll expected to win NOW, but now you realize it isnt going to be that easy.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #37
trenttucker
Can barely lace up my sneakers

trenttucker has an OK reputation so far
Default Actually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Stop talking out of your ass. I recall everyone here saying Team USA would blow out everyone in the tournament. What was it? A 10 point win prediction against Greece? Ya'll expected to win NOW, but now you realize it isnt going to be that easy.

i don't talk out of my A$$ but obviously you do...

I have not commented on this topic at all and have thought since 2004 that those guys took a bad rap because as this result proves that we simply don't have enough time to prepare to beat the elite teams even with our superior talent, the lack of prep is most evident on team D. Remember, Greece avg'd 80 ppg and dropped 105 on us so when the so-called experts want to cry about shooting (yeah our FT's sucked today), fundamentals, and teamwork we lost because we couldn't get stops. And it had nothing to do with effort or desire. Did you even watch the game?
trenttucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #38
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

All the credit when you're right, but disappear when you're wrong.
Jst like a groupie would do.
You would have seemed even more intellegent if you would have said Greece had a chance to be in the finals.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #39
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Spain's in the final? EXCELLENT.

Go Spain!!!

I'm extremely glad the US lost. Another tournament of the US kicking the crap out of almost everyone on the way to a predictable gold would have pissed me off.

Let's hear it for parity!!!
That my boy. I told everyone Spain has a really good chance to win the worlds. Now they have the chance to prove that. It's going to be a great final baby.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:43 PM   #40
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Having Spain in the World cup definately makes up for being robbed in the soccer world cup
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #41
kurtinaitis
I airball my layups

kurtinaitis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
No, teams that have had more time to gel together win. Especially when it's a win-or-go-home situation that always favors the underdog. What this loss proved AGAIN is that one month simply isn't enough time to form a team. Team USA AGAIN showed little to no offensive cohesion and nonexistant communication on D tonight while guarding the pick n roll. BUT I hope they keep the team together for the Olympics aside from some minor tweaks(Redd/Kobe for Miller/Jamison and better big men) and try NOT to prepare for the Olympics a couple of weeks prior to the games start.

BTW, does anyone think Greece would win one more game if they were playing a 7 game series against the current US team? I'd say we would just make the necessary adjustments(pick n roll D!!!) and roll over to a 4-1 series win. Heck, had we just made our FTs at a decent clip we WIN! As much as the international teams have improved, US is still significantly superior skills and athleticism wise compared to the rest of the world's best. Even when they play as well as Greece did today(63% FG) they barely win.

There are no 7 game series and never will be in worlds championships. USA knew the rules, so if you come to play be ready for it and please, no excuses it is boring.
kurtinaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:18 PM   #42
kurtinaitis
I airball my layups

kurtinaitis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by defmut
I hope that Greece goes ahead and wins the tourney since they are the only team to beat USA. I kind of relieved that Argentia lost. USA vs. Argentia should be a good game also.

The world is a whole lot better than what I previously thought.

For nice Us fans like you:

This is not the end of the world.
You are a basketball powerhouse, probably number one. But it is difficult to win the worlds cham. even being the number 1
Please, look around outside the USA for great things people do abroad, including great bball (we are looking at you everyday).
kurtinaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #43
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
yes. game set match, Nader > Team USA.

you know what team USA could have used? me. as a 13th man. I wouldn't even play. but during timeouts I could have been like "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING YOU RETARD, PUT MILLER, DWIGHT, BATTIER AND HINRICH IN THE ****ING GAME" to the coach. and he would have been all "holy crap, he's right." and we would have won.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #44
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Oh and by the way, here's a message to GoBB:

After these past few weeks, I'm beginning to wonder if you even come here to talk about basketball or just to argue with people? I've followed every damn tiny news flash about USA Basketball for the past 6 years. Not only that, I watch plenty of international ball, as well as plenty of World Championships material. This is something you clearly didn't do.

I've explained again and again how our offensive and defensive weaknesses were going to be exposed despite all the media's reports of "good news" or results of exhibition games. I've repeatedly explained precisely how team skill is superior to individual talent. I've also repeatedly explained how the serious lack of fundamentals, execution, and preparation time was going to cause us to lose in the elimination round....

So my question is, what the hell were you thinking? Everytime you tried to argue with me, you took stats and results at 100% face value without bothering to dig deeper. After I complained about our execution during the USA-Germany game, all I got out of you was "WE WON BY 20! WE'RE FINE!" Also, you've constantly bragged about how this US Team was going to dominate and I would get exposed...in fact, I'm not surprised if you even copied and saved my old posts just to try to prove me wrong.

You've constantly labeled me as a hater and unrealistic pessimist, but in actually my points were intended to show what was honestly wrong with our play. Anybody who even knows basic basketball can see what we needed to improve. I'm sorry you couldn't do that Gobb.

Typical
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #45
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
No, teams that have had more time to gel together win. Especially when it's a win-or-go-home situation that always favors the underdog. What this loss proved AGAIN is that one month simply isn't enough time to form a team. Team USA AGAIN showed little to no offensive cohesion and nonexistant communication on D tonight while guarding the pick n roll. BUT I hope they keep the team together for the Olympics aside from some minor tweaks(Redd/Kobe for Miller/Jamison and better big men) and try NOT to prepare for the Olympics a couple of weeks prior to the games start.

Correct. I started realizing that there would be a problem when the entire national team hadn't been announced until June. And to top it off, we barely got more preparation time than the 04 squad, despite what the media and NBA talking heads would've liked you to believe. Pointless exhibition matches against Korea and China?! WTF are people thinking.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: