Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-08-2008, 11:09 AM   #31
DinoRadja40
Favre's Last Stand

DinoRadja40 is considered somewhat coolDinoRadja40 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Grizzlies sign Josh Smith to 5yr/$58M offer sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
absolutely. why not make it 5 years 60-65 mill if they REALLY wanted him?

but then again, if atlanta somehow DOESN'T match, then it looks like a very solid signing for memphis... gay, smith, mayo and conley is a fantastic young core to build around.

dont forgot Gasol/darko
DinoRadja40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #32
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put Back Dunk
The article itself however makes it seem like Memphis has only sent him the offer and he hasn't signed it yet.
Yeah why would Smith sign for $11 Million Per Year.

If he goes out next season and puts up big numbers it would force Atlanta to pay more and another team could step in and make an offer,like OKC.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #33
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Yeah why would Smith sign for $11 Million Per Year.

If he goes out next season and puts up big numbers it would force Atlanta to pay more and another team could step in and make an offer,like OKC.

Yeah, plus this sentence...

Quote:
Atlanta has seven days to match, per league rules, once Smith receives the offer sheet

...doesn't make sense. Atlanta would have 7 days to match once he actually signs. This guy doesn't have his sh!t straight.

I'd change the thread title to "makes offer" or something if I could, but I don't think I can.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #34
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
absolutely. why not make it 5 years 60-65 mill if they REALLY wanted him?

why? because he's not worth that. conley/mayo/gay/smith is really not that impressive of a lineup. they'd be a poorer version of golden state at its peak, but not even that good because baron/monta is a better duo than any 2 player the grizz could combine.

people need to stop thinking a collection of 'names' and talents just makes you suddenly a great team. they have to be complimentary players and guys know who how to execute the game of basketball as a team better than squad's like the lakers, spurs, celtics, pistons, etc.

do you see that kind of x and o understanding, mental dedication, intuitiveness coming from mayo/gay/smith? mayo and smith have been known as headaches and gay is already establishing himself as a relentless chucker.

lol marc gasol would probably want off that team within a year and it would be pau all over again. that team is skinny as hell and truthfully would probably be WORSE at defense than those golden state teams.

i'm surprised the grizz made that offer. chris wallace is definitely the anti-gm

Last edited by starface : 08-08-2008 at 11:25 AM.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #35
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoRadja40
dont forgot Gasol/darko

duh, lol.

Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz : 08-08-2008 at 12:13 PM.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #36
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Marc Gasol my friend.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #37
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
doubt memphis will be reaquiring gasol my friend.

you're smart
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #38
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
doubt memphis will be reaquiring gasol my friend.
They did.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #39
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

I've asked Jeff to change the title of the thread now that the guy who wrote the article changed his title to 'makes offer.' If any other mods are able to change the thread title feel free.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #40
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put Back Dunk
I've asked Jeff to change the title of the thread now that the guy who wrote the article changed his title to 'makes offer.' If any other mods are able to change the thread title feel free.
Mods don't exist in the NBA Forum.

I'd be a mod of this forum but I've been banned so many times it wouldn't make sense.

I think Posterize should be the NBA Forum mod imo.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #41
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

why would smith agree to this offer when he knows the hawks will match and its not too far off of what they have offered already as I recall? dude should sign the one year qualifier and wait till next year. have fun playing for mike woodson again.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #42
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Mods don't exist in the NBA Forum.

I'd be a mod of this forum but I've been banned so many times it wouldn't make sense.

I think Posterize should be the NBA Forum mod imo.
yes they do. RMWG and some others are mods in the main forum
Old 08-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #43
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hawks only offered him 9/yr if I recall and this is 11.6.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #44
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUBaller11
Does anyone know if Josh Smith actually signed the offer sheet?

All it says is he was sent an offer sheet.
I would assume that they have some sort of handshake deal in place if they are bothering to work up and send a contract along.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:50 AM   #45
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

If Conley turns into the point guard Memphis think he can be, this team is going to be dominant in the future. With a player like Mayo, I think the Grizz will be better than the blazers.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: