Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #16
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWALI
why would sending guys who are that young work now?

Because most are among the top NBA players in the game. Bron arguably the best if not a top 3 player. Wade coming off a finals mvp performance. Carmelo who has taken Syracuse to the natl title game along with improving Denver. Dwight Howard avg a double double against the games best bigs.

Why wouldnt it work? The "young" excuse if bogus because you send older players and then what? You're giving me another weak excuse? I believe so.

Quote:
but the world hasn't moved signifigantly forward since 1996..

Individual talent or collectively (teams)?

I would like to see these international teams play under NBA rules. Interested in that outcome.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #17
Shogon
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 325
Shogon has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Because most are among the top NBA players in the game. Bron arguably the best if not a top 3 player. Wade coming off a finals mvp performance. Carmelo who has taken Syracuse to the natl title game along with improving Denver. Dwight Howard avg a double double against the games best bigs.

Why wouldnt it work? The "young" excuse if bogus because you send older players and then what? You're giving me another weak excuse? I believe so.



Individual talent or collectively (teams)?

I would like to see these international teams play under NBA rules. Interested in that outcome.

Bron is a first tier player. Score one for your argument.
Wade is a fake. This kid is not even top 10 in the league.
Anthony is somewhere in the 15-20+ range.
Dwight Howard isn't a first tier big. He might barely be top 25 in the NBA if that.

You lose.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:47 AM   #18
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
No, but he's the best American PG, idiot.

You said 5 best players. That implies the 5 best players regardless of POSITION. Not the best player at each position which is not the same.

Quote:
Do I really have to type "best player at each position in the USA" for you to figure it out? Get ****ed.

Yes you do because what you said didnt imply what you meant. Fact not fiction.

KG > Tmac. So proceed to tell me your meaning again. I'm all ears.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:49 AM   #19
Shogon
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 325
Shogon has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
You said 5 best players. That implies the 5 best players regardless of POSITION. Not the best player at each position which is not the same.



Yes you do because what you said didnt imply what you meant. Fact not fiction.

KG > Tmac. So proceed to tell me your meaning again. I'm all ears.


It's ****ing implied *******. Why else would I pick the number 5? Because, and here's a basketball lesson for you, 5 members from each team get to start a game! Woah! And out of those 5 players, they each play different positions! Those positions are point guard, shooting guard, small forward, power forward & center!
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:51 AM   #20
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
Bron is a first tier player. Score one for your argument.
Wade is a fake. This kid is not even top 10 in the league.
Anthony is somewhere in the 15-20+ range.
Dwight Howard isn't a first tier big. He might barely be top 25 in the NBA if that.

You lose.

Name 20 players better than Dwight Howard. I wanna see how he is barely top 25.

Wade is fake? What does that mean? Please talk basketball not chat room slang.

Wade is not top 10? Yes because of your ridiculous infatuation with Shaq.

Your argument is weaker than Team USA defense today.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:52 AM   #21
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
It's ****ing implied *******. Why else would I pick the number 5? Because, and here's a basketball lesson for you, 5 members from each team get to start a game! Woah! And out of those 5 players, they each play different positions! Those positions are point guard, shooting guard, small forward, power forward & center!

And Tmac is NOT the best SF in the game.

*continues to wait for this argument*
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:52 AM   #22
TheHonestTruth
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 907
TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
People need to stop acting like USA basketball has fallen off the map. It's just that we send 2nd tier players who haven't played together that long. What do you think happened in 1988?

In order to overcome the lack of playing together, we MUST send our very best, otherwise we won't win gold.

So it's either... wait a long time for 2nd tier guys to develop together, or play the very best & win every game. Otherwise... no wins!

Tmac + Kobe + Duncan + Kidd + O Neal doesn't guarantee gold. There is no pure shooter in that group. Plus 3 of them will be old by 2008 and there's no telling if Tmac is going to pull a Grant Hill next year or Kobe rapin another girl.

No matter how much you argue "if we send our best we will win gold", well, try that, and prove it. Before it's proven on the court, it's all just talk and Greece basketball > Usa Basketball.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #23
tlang1982
I airball my layups
 
tlang1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 44
tlang1982 has an OK reputation so far
Default

NO on here is getting the point. International play is all about playing defense and running an offense w/ a lot of ball movement, penetration and good shooters.

SHAQ= in his prime would work, but today's version is just too slow and would get even more offensive calls against him then in the nba.

Duncan= This is one of the few players I thought would translate to a great international player but all the games I've seen of him from last go around he looked out of place and does not do well in these star ensembles. He needs role players around him.

Kidd= Not a good enough defender. Only plus is that he could find the open guy in the zones thrown at him.

TMac= If healthy would be great, but the truth of the matter is he still launches too many shots, but when he's at his best he can nail the jumper from anywhere and break any one down w/ his dribble. But all of this doesn't matter because he's not healthy, wasn't healthy last year and was so-so the year before

Kobe= Only one listed that makes sense. He does 3 things we need out of all of our players.

1) He plays defense, he plays very good defense.
2) He can drive on any one, period. He would have broken the zones Greece was throwing at team usa
3) He can hit ANY shot whether it's clutch or the open 3

Only negative is the amount of shots, BUT look at what he did w/ Lakers in playoffs. He can play team ball.
tlang1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:56 AM   #24
Shogon
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 325
Shogon has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Name 20 players better than Dwight Howard. I wanna see how he is barely top 25.

Wade is fake? What does that mean? Please talk basketball not chat room slang.

Wade is not top 10? Yes because of your ridiculous infatuation with Shaq.

Your argument is weaker than Team USA defense today.

20 players better than Dwight Howard? Easy.

LeBron James
Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Vince Carter
Allen Iverson
Paul Pierce
Carmelo Anthony
Tracy McGrady
Shaquille O'Neal
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
Dirk Nowitzki
Chris Bosh (don't go nuts Raptors fans cause it won't be that way for long)
Elton Brand
Pau Gasol
Yao Ming
Ben Wallace
Jason Kidd
Shawn Marion
Amare Stoudemire
Ray Allen
Gilbert Arenas
Jermaine O'Neal
Ron Artest

Everyone on that list was better than Dwight Howard last year without question. Now, that's going to change pretty damn quickly. Just saying.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:58 AM   #25
Shogon
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 325
Shogon has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
And Tmac is NOT the best SF in the game.

*continues to wait for this argument*

Yes, he is. He's got more pure basketball talent than LeBron does. LeBron is just a phsyical beast.

Skinny LeBron < Skinny McGrady

Who would I take on the Magic right now? LeBron. But a healthy McGrady > LeBron, book that ****.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #26
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
Yes, he is. He's got more pure basketball talent than LeBron does. LeBron is just a phsyical beast.

Skinny LeBron < Skinny McGrady

Who would I take on the Magic right now? LeBron. But a healthy McGrady > LeBron, book that ****.

Aint no one taking Tmac over Bron but you. Just stop it.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #27
tlang1982
I airball my layups
 
tlang1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 44
tlang1982 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
Yes, he is. He's got more pure basketball talent than LeBron does. LeBron is just a phsyical beast.

Skinny LeBron < Skinny McGrady

Who would I take on the Magic right now? LeBron. But a healthy McGrady > LeBron, book that ****.

You are a moron. Skinny LeBron (Junior YR HS) < Skinny McGrady (first 3 years in NBA) No **** I'd take McGrady, but your comparrison is stupid.

Besides, you are wanting a healthy McGrady. He was far from healthy last year and even the year before. The fact is at this time LeBron is better than McGrady. And by the looks of the Olympics, maybe we should be talking about Carmelo. He's the only one that's showed fire and been dependable.
tlang1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:03 PM   #28
Shogon
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 325
Shogon has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Aint no one taking Tmac over Bron but you. Just stop it.

Versus Joe Schome, you're right. I'd take LeBron.

But when the spotlight is on or the games mean something, McGrady comes with his best. And his best is better than Bron's best.

That's obviously a fault of McGrady's. But that doesn't change the fact that McGrady is a bigger talent. During the playoffs(don't go there with the McGrady hasn't been out of the first round crap), international competition, All-Star games, & high profile matchups, I'd take McGrady 10 times out of 10.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #29
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
Versus Joe Schome, you're right. I'd take LeBron.

But when the spotlight is on or the games mean something, McGrady comes with his best. And his best is better than Bron's best.

That's obviously a fault of McGrady's. But that doesn't change the fact that McGrady is a bigger talent. During the playoffs(don't go there with the McGrady hasn't been out of the first round crap), international competition, All-Star games, & high profile matchups, I'd take McGrady 10 times out of 10.

Your delusional. And to be a prick I'm gonna say this about Tmac. "If healthy" is the same thing as Grant Hill being labeled as "If healthy". The odds arent in your favor for that to happen thus more reason why Bron is better and would be the better choice at SF. Didnt wanna go there because i feel even if healthy Bron is better. (Not by a large margin either). But just sayin.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #30
Shogon
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 325
Shogon has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Your delusional. And to be a prick I'm gonna say this about Tmac. "If healthy" is the same thing as Grant Hill being labeled as "If healthy". The odds arent in your favor for that to happen thus more reason why Bron is better and would be the better choice at SF. Didnt wanna go there because i feel even if healthy Bron is better. (Not by a large margin either). But just sayin.

So you're putting him in the same realm as Grant Hill then basically, eh? LOL.

Last year he didn't play much.

Prior to that he played 78 regular season games out of 82. Prior to that it was 67 but that's because he *****ed up at the end. He could have played more. Before that was... 75, 76, 77, 79...

So missing 5-6 games a year on average for most seasons is considered not healthy?
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy