Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 09-06-2006, 03:10 PM   #16
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i'm not gonna argue about who's the better player stat wise, but i will say that big al is the better player in a different way. i was blown away back when ron-ron was saying he needed to take a couple days off from b-ball to work on his album. what a joke. he would have been permanently benched if i were the coach. he's making millions of dollars playing a game while there are thousands that would die for a chance to be where he is today.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #17
Trade
Great young streetballer

Trade has an OK reputation so far

Artest is on a totally diffrent level
But i rather have AL cause hes not a lazy piece of **** and crazy like Artest.
AL is a well rounded player and you can rely on him to play unlike Artest
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:23 AM   #18
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

oh god...LOL @ this thread. no comparing ron ron to al harrington. al's got skillz, but c'mon now, obviously pacer fans are still trying to get over losing artest. and whoever calls artest lazy needs to recognize, watch him play and see what he does on the court, then call him lazy.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:43 AM   #19
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

This is simple, Ron is the better individual player, Al is the guy you would rather have on your team.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:14 PM   #20
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet
This is simple, Ron is the better individual player, Al is the guy you would rather have on your team.

yes, that's what i was wanting to say.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:02 PM   #21
Targus™
Good college starter

wtf? the guy you'd rather have on your team? explain, please.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #22
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A big fish in a small pond, Harrington excelled in Atlanta. Yes, he is a good player and will help the Pacers... but please dont compare him to Artest. Artest is likely one of the top 10 players in the NBA. Harrington is not in his league... at least not yet.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:35 AM   #23
Targus™
Good college starter

exactly ^, and comparing al's 05-06' stats to ron artest's is just ridiculous. In case you forgot, Artest didn't play for half the season, he came back out of shape, rusty, and with a whole new team. put al in that position his stats would be way lower than Ron's.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:13 AM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet

you act like he is a ball hog or something.

I dont see how al is better than ron.

ron carried your team until JO came back from injury.

I think you guys were 4-1 until the brawl happened with artest as a leader and JO injured.

Harrington can't do that. And look at the job ron has done in sacramento...he made them a not mediocre team. they are above .500

but with all the players the pacers have i think pacers will do good.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:11 AM   #25
jbot
Future D1 Dad

i don't care how good of a player he is, artest is a jerk and i'm glad he's gone. so far, he hasn't pulled any of his stupid stunts in sac, so maybe he'll grow up and play some ball.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:50 PM   #26
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

This is a tough thread for me. I personally love Ronnie Artest and Al Harrington. It really killed me to see the fight in Detroit, and Ronnie get suspended for about 900000000000 damn games. Ronnie is a good guy, just something snapped their in Detroit and with the trade request. Ronnie and Al are both great players, with similar styles of play. I can't pick between the two.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:18 PM   #27
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

theres a difference between being a good player on the court and being a good teammate off the court. Artest was known to start Drama in the locker rooms with other teammates which just causes more problems within the team, thats is by far the WORST thing that a player could do with a team. That is why teams would have Harrington over Artest...
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:08 PM   #28
Trade
Great young streetballer

Trade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
theres a difference between being a good player on the court and being a good teammate off the court. Artest was known to start Drama in the locker rooms with other teammates which just causes more problems within the team, thats is by far the WORST thing that a player could do with a team. That is why teams would have Harrington over Artest...
I agree
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:56 PM   #29
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i'm not gonna argue about who's the better player stat wise, but i will say that big al is the better player in a different way. i was blown away back when ron-ron was saying he needed to take a couple days off from b-ball to work on his album. what a joke. he would have been permanently benched if i were the coach. he's making millions of dollars playing a game while there are thousands that would die for a chance to be where he is today.

ummm no buddy......try MILLIONS.....but... baby Al is nice......but Ron Artest is......Rambo.....Ron Artest is a Straight STUDD!!!!....Period....Ron is EAsy top 10 and what he does for a team is something that a stat sheet just cannot show....He might have problems off of the court.....but. on the court....YOUR BOY IS nice!!!!!one word for Ron.......STUDD
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #30
MattHardy
I Hit Open Layups

MattHardy has an OK reputation so far

I know

**** Basketball fans, **** basketball players, **** basketball teams, **** the adminastrators, and i'd like to give 2 very very special **** offs... to 1, Kobe Bryant, and 2, Micheal Jordan.

That is all *****es.

Oh yeah and i'm bout to strike this ***** up in here.....**** YALL,**** YALL MAMAS, **** YALL DADDYS, **** YALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS, **** YALL AUNTIES, **** YALL UNCLES, **** YALL WHOLE LIFE *****.

THAT is all.
MattHardy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: