Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 08-10-2008, 02:38 AM   #1
hawks150
I brick open layups

Default Trade Iverson Trade Kenyon

Build Around Melo And Jr
hawks150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:30 AM   #2
Geandily
Local High School Star

Default Re: Trade Iverson Trade Kenyon

60% of Denver says the same thing about trading Iverson, Kenyon however is impossible to trade because of our depth at the big positions and also because of his enormous contract.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #3
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

They wont trade Kenyon..Iverson..maybe
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Can someone explain to me why you guys want iverson gone ? ? ?
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #5
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

Neither will happen.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:38 AM   #6
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks150
Build Around Melo And Jr

sounds logical and easy right? problem is that iverson is most likely untradable- i cant figure that there could be many teams that could take on his contract or would be willing to add him to their roster

i am however convinced that trading iverson is the only answer to fix this roster- he must be traded for a point gaurd and a big or 2 bigs or... - most importantly imo his contract must be broken up into 2 or 3 peices before it expires

this isnt because iverson is a bad guy or isnt a great player, the fact is the nugs are 3 or 4 peices short still and a gunner who doesnt play team ball or defend is the last thing the nugs need taking up a 1/4 of the cap- his game and carmelos game also just do not mix- they like each other but their games just dont-

but build around melo & jr? wow i would love that- i believe they win championships w the right help- (takes a healthy nene, a point gaurd & a pf 3 point shooter (bargnani))
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:29 PM   #7
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Can someone explain to me why you guys want iverson gone ? ? ?

He's very expensive, causes loads of mismatches at the 2 spot because of his size - both offensively and defensively, he's pretty much already proven he can't play on a team where he's not the only star, and he's just not at the same caliber as he was in 2001 when he won mvp and took the sixers to the finals.

If we could, I would fully support trading him to pick up a solid, pure point guard and starting JR at the 2.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #8
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
He's very expensive, causes loads of mismatches at the 2 spot because of his size - both offensively and defensively, he's pretty much already proven he can't play on a team where he's not the only star, and he's just not at the same caliber as he was in 2001 when he won mvp and took the sixers to the finals.

If we could, I would fully support trading him to pick up a solid, pure point guard and starting JR at the 2.

So.... the way it looks as of now.

C Nene
Pf Kmart
Sf Melo
Sg Iverson
pg

This is what I would love to see.(I used to be a huge AI fan)
What I think needs to happen is the nuggets need to bring in a true 1 who can play D and has great size. They do have that trade exception so these are deal I like

1. Trade for Chauncy Billups
2. Trade for Jason kidd.
3. Trade for Andre Miller
4. Sign Livingston
5. Sign delonte west

The nuggets need to bring in a good pg who on offense can run at the 1, and on defense guard the 2. They way they did it in 2001 with Iverson and the sixers.(The best way to use AI)

You see on offense AI and melo become scoring weapons while the pg waits at the top of the key and runs the offense.IT WOULD HELP THE HALF COURT offense which is what Denver lacks.. A guy like Billups or Delonte would be a nice fit because they can shoot the ball at the top of the key which would be a shot he would be getting a LOT. Give AI and melo iso's and just have one of these guys at the top pf the key waiting for that open shot.

On defense, JKidd and Andre miller make a lot of sense. They both play great D, are vets and can run. This way they guard the 2, because they have the size while AI guards the 1. This enables them for an even better fast break they get on the fast break and you have AI and melo running the wings with KMART trailing, with Jkidd or Miller running the play.

JKIDD brings the BEST out of KMART.

Most important this team just needs a pg who can come in and play great D at the 2 spot and run the offense and MAKE PEOPLE BETTER. Calm things down when its a half court set, instead of just seeing EVERYBODY go 1 on 1.

Thoughts? ?
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #9
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

I don't think signing Delonte West is going to do anything for us. Not the type of PG who takes us to the next level, or plays much defense.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:15 PM   #10
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks150
Build Around Melo And Jr
Wow, what an insightful post. Your message was not only loud and clear, but it also made some great points too. After reading the title and your wonderful explanation, which consisted of only 5 words, I'm all for trading Iverson and Kenyon now!. Anymore brilliant idea's you got that you feel like sharing to the rest of the world? go ahead, do share, but please don't make it too long of a read next time because I don't think my brain can take it anymore.

Oh and it's common sense by now that trading these 2 players is unlikely, especially in K-Mart's case. So, we can have all the discussions we wan't about who we can get in return for the two and how we can build around Melo and J.R. for the future, but the reality is, these two aren't going anywhere, for now. Hell, how're you going to build around J.R. when he is still a restricted free agent at the moment and could possibly bolt to another team any day now?.

Last edited by KRAYZIE : 08-12-2008 at 09:08 PM.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #11
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

If we could get anyone, I would want billups, but of course we passed up the chance when we had it.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #12
CAAIDN
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
he's pretty much already proven he can't play on a team where he's not the only star.If we could, I would fully support trading him to pick up a solid, pure point guard and starting JR at the 2.

+1

The experiment with AI and Melo isn't working.Melo is the player to build around and JR already proved he can bring energy and the very needed spark to this team.Denver should really just focus on resigning JR.

Last edited by CAAIDN : 08-13-2008 at 01:46 PM.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #13
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
So.... the way it looks as of now.

C Nene
Pf Kmart
Sf Melo
Sg Iverson
pg

This is what I would love to see.(I used to be a huge AI fan)
What I think needs to happen is the nuggets need to bring in a true 1 who can play D and has great size. They do have that trade exception so these are deal I like

1. Trade for Chauncy Billups
2. Trade for Jason kidd.
3. Trade for Andre Miller
4. Sign Livingston
5. Sign delonte west

The nuggets need to bring in a good pg who on offense can run at the 1, and on defense guard the 2. They way they did it in 2001 with Iverson and the sixers.(The best way to use AI)

You see on offense AI and melo become scoring weapons while the pg waits at the top of the key and runs the offense.IT WOULD HELP THE HALF COURT offense which is what Denver lacks.. A guy like Billups or Delonte would be a nice fit because they can shoot the ball at the top of the key which would be a shot he would be getting a LOT. Give AI and melo iso's and just have one of these guys at the top pf the key waiting for that open shot.

On defense, JKidd and Andre miller make a lot of sense. They both play great D, are vets and can run. This way they guard the 2, because they have the size while AI guards the 1. This enables them for an even better fast break they get on the fast break and you have AI and melo running the wings with KMART trailing, with Jkidd or Miller running the play.

JKIDD brings the BEST out of KMART.

Most important this team just needs a pg who can come in and play great D at the 2 spot and run the offense and MAKE PEOPLE BETTER. Calm things down when its a half court set, instead of just seeing EVERYBODY go 1 on 1.

Thoughts? ?

haha now denver wants andre miller.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #14
martinas23
Serious playground baller

how about trading iverson to ny for nate robinson, david lee and zach. Nuggets will get some talent and low-post scoring option. Plus jr smith will have more scoring options when iverson is gone.
martinas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:13 PM   #15
marny_navis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub

sounds logical and easy right? problem is that iverson is most likely untradable- i cant figure that there could be many teams that could take on his contract or would be willing to add him to their roster

i am however convinced that trading iverson is the only answer to fix this roster- he must be traded for a point gaurd and a big or 2 bigs or... - most importantly imo his contract must be broken up into 2 or 3 peices before it expires

this isnt because iverson is a bad guy or isnt a great player, the fact is the nugs are 3 or 4 peices short still and a gunner who doesnt play team ball or defend is the last thing the nugs need taking up a 1/4 of the cap- his game and carmelos game also just do not mix- they like each other but their games just dont-

but build around melo & jr? wow i would love that- i believe they win championships w the right help- (takes a healthy nene, a point gaurd & a pf 3 point shooter (bargnani))

Iverson's expiring, wouldn't he be very attractive to most teams? Or does he just have an option?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: