Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 AM   #16
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation
Default Re: Trade Iverson Trade Kenyon

denver nuggets couldnt achieve 50 wins from since 1988..
they only did it with iverson in the team(number one scorer/assister/stealer in the team last year)..
I never understand the hatred against AI..and its quite annoying.

The problem is, any team AI plays for.. the expectation is always high.
No player ever can deliver nba championship with crap players around.
martin,nene have offered nthg to this team..under then being injured and constantly taking wages for nthg.
Anthony carter isnt starter for any team in the NBA.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:39 AM   #17
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinas23
how about trading iverson to ny for nate robinson, david lee and zach. Nuggets will get some talent and low-post scoring option. Plus jr smith will have more scoring options when iverson is gone.

i would personally not take robinson in that deal, even though he would likely be cut

i do like dlee alot as a fit for the nugs, but to take randolph & his salary i would think that kmart would have to be included- too much money to tie into 2 pf's

my ideal knicks trade- iverson for dlee, j jeffries, & curry- if you had to include randolph- iverson & kmart- only other knick i would want is crawford
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #18
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
they only did it with iverson in the team(number one scorer/assister/stealer in the team last year)..

martin,nene have offered nthg to this team..under then being injured and constantly taking wages for nthg.

AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:06 PM   #19
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3

exactly see my posts on the first page...
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:22 AM   #20
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
i would personally not take robinson in that deal, even though he would likely be cut

i do like dlee alot as a fit for the nugs, but to take randolph & his salary i would think that kmart would have to be included- too much money to tie into 2 pf's

my ideal knicks trade- iverson for dlee, j jeffries, & curry- if you had to include randolph- iverson & kmart- only other knick i would want is crawford

Would the Nuggets really go for a trade like that? I realize that they need to trade Iverson instead of letting him get away for nothing, but A.I.'s got one year left on his deal; he should be a hot commodity. Trading him for a starting center in Curry, a backup power forward in David Lee, and an end-of-the-bench forward in Jared Jeffries (who has 3 years left on his deal, and he's set to make a little over $6 million this upcoming season) doesn't make any sense to me. I think they could get more value for Iverson. I don't have anyone that I think would be too interested; maybe Dallas, I thought about Cleveland but he and Williams wouldn't mesh well in the backcourt (Cleveland wouldn't have much to offer in return anyway). But I think they can get more in return than an average-above average starter at center when healthy, a backup power forward, and an overpaid, overlengthened Jared Jeffries.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:33 AM   #21
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti

but with the talent they had they should of won like 55 games or more
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #22
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

AItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation hereAItheAnswer3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoyut
but with the talent they had they should of won like 55 games or more

They would've won 55 games last seaon but they lost to teams like Seattle, Sac etc
Old 08-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #23
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Would the Nuggets really go for a trade like that? I realize that they need to trade Iverson instead of letting him get away for nothing, but A.I.'s got one year left on his deal; he should be a hot commodity. Trading him for a starting center in Curry, a backup power forward in David Lee, and an end-of-the-bench forward in Jared Jeffries (who has 3 years left on his deal, and he's set to make a little over $6 million this upcoming season) doesn't make any sense to me. I think they could get more value for Iverson. I don't have anyone that I think would be too interested; maybe Dallas, I thought about Cleveland but he and Williams wouldn't mesh well in the backcourt (Cleveland wouldn't have much to offer in return anyway). But I think they can get more in return than an average-above average starter at center when healthy, a backup power forward, and an overpaid, overlengthened Jared Jeffries.

wow- i thought a knicks fan would laugh at iverson for lee, curry, & jeffries from ny's side- i really think that deal would be such a great trade from the nuggets side that nugs would have to add picks, another player, or do the randolph/kmart swap (or preferably a randolph/steven hunter & atkins)- i would NOT like swapping kmart for randolph, but imo ny should want a kmart to play that amare middle runner role in d'antoni's offense

curry & nene would imo be GREAT for each other- a little competion in the nba? lee could pick up the slack in rebounding from camby's loss, and i personaly believe j jeffries career could be revived in the right situation & someone like him who can defend the 2 through 4 would help

nene/curry
kmart/dlee/j jeffries
carmelo/balkman
JR/kleiza
???????

nugs would still have a hole at pg, but the balance up front would be great- i would love to always see atleast three at a time of melo, kleiza, jr, kmart, dlee, w balkman & jeffries- nobody could cover that type of size & athletisism- & i would think nugs could be very tough defensively- sign livingston and pray he is healthy enough to take over from ac at pg and that team is special
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #24
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
They would've won 55 games last seaon but they lost to teams like Seattle, Sac etc
Bingo, they play to their level of competition. Unlike a team like the celtics who dominated everyone they played, whether it was the spurs or the heat.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:31 PM   #25
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
Bingo, they play to their level of competition. Unlike a team like the celtics who dominated everyone they played, whether it was the spurs or the heat.

In fact..this team was capable of winning 60 games..they underestimated a lotta teams thus resulting in bad losses..One thing i noticed..We always lost to the lakers
I went crazy after they lost to Seattle in Double OT
Would've faced NOH and who knows what would've happened

Last edited by AItheAnswer3 : 08-16-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:21 PM   #26
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

Yeah that sonics game was nuts. It was so saddening as a nuggets fan, but to see kevin durant sink those two long threes in the 4th and OT was so sick.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #27
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Yeah that sonics game was nuts. It was so saddening as a nuggets fan, but to see kevin durant sink those two long threes in the 4th and OT was so sick.

My thoughts exactly
Old 08-17-2008, 12:11 PM   #28
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

Seattle and denver had some great games with a lot of intensity. OKC just won't have the same feel to it...

But I will never forget this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BYtZ4XkMns
Old 08-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #29
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Seattle and denver had some great games with a lot of intensity. OKC just won't have the same feel to it...

But I will never forget this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BYtZ4XkMns

that dunk was amazing & the same can be said about the score

Check this one out against New Orleans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mIms...eature=related

& the 360 alley oop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh5ilUPLMco
Old 08-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #30
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

God I love JR

I'm so excited to see our bench play, it'll be the best it's been in a while.

Hopefully something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YyLI10NvRI

Last edited by OneMoreSucka : 08-17-2008 at 05:09 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: