Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #16
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Grizzled Mayo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Marc Gasol:Olympics

Hahaha holy crap usa beat down spain. That was a mugging out there.
Grizzled Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #17
Jonelo
I brick open layups

Jonelo has decent reputation

Marc is injured and played part of the game against USA with the injury, with a clamping in the meniscus, after trying to block a slam dunk of Kobe, falling badly on his knee. Maybe this is the reason to appeared soft in a few moments of the game. He has not played against Angola and it is doubtful in the Croatia-Spain

http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20080818...a/139153.shtml
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #18
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo
Marc is injured and played part of the game against USA with the injury, with a clamping in the meniscus, after trying to block a slam dunk of Kobe, falling badly on his knee. Maybe this is the reason to appeared soft in a few moments of the game. He has not played against Angola and it is doubtful in the Croatia-Spain

http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20080818...a/139153.shtml

Wow that is bad news for spain.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #19
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hopefully this isn't long term and he heals well before the season.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #20
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
How is today a true test? So him going up against the best nba players is a fair test? So if he cant score versus the best players in the world then that makes him a bad player. Thats not very fair considering there are alot of soso players in the nba playing the center spot.

Ofcourse even if he does play good. That is still not saying much. We will have to wait and see his final numbers compared to other big men in the olympics.

i will not judge him because he played poor/played good . i was just eager to see how will he fair up with NBA talent...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:04 PM   #21
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
i will not judge him because he played poor/played good . i was just eager to see how will he fair up with NBA talent...

Yeah I agree with that. To bad he got hurt in the game.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:50 AM   #22
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, Marc is playing in the Croatia vs Spain game and he looks OK. He's doing a solid job on the boards.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #23
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Yup, he was moving pretty well, there was even a play when he got the rebound and ran the floor to get a foul on his layup.

My only concern is that Pau >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marc in the olympics. Which kinda scares me on how much Marc will fare against NBA talent.

I'm not staying up that late on a workday again....
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #24
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
Yup, he was moving pretty well, there was even a play when he got the rebound and ran the floor to get a foul on his layup.

My only concern is that Pau >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marc in the olympics. Which kinda scares me on how much Marc will fare against NBA talent.

I'm not staying up that late on a workday again....

Yeah but we all know that pau is incredible when it comes to fiba rules. His game translates so much better when he plays internatonal ball as opposed to nba ball. Plus nobody actually thought that marc was better then pau did they? I expected marc to be an ok player that could provide solid minutes at the center spot.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #25
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

That man hasnt played great. But he hasnt played bad either. Marc wil be just soso in the nba.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #26
jailer
MillionDollarException

Alright well this is it. Spain will get a second chance at team u.s.a. Any predictions people on the final sore?

Im guessing u.s.a. 89 and spain will have 75.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #27
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Alright well this is it. Spain will get a second chance at team u.s.a. Any predictions people on the final sore?

Im guessing u.s.a. 89 and spain will have 75.

Um yeah im gonna go ahead and say that u.s.a. will win by like 25. Final score 94 to 69.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:03 AM   #28
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Well there's over 7 mins to go and the score is 96 - 89 in favour of the US.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #29
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Marc Gasol is siikk...
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #30
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Marc Gasol is siikk...

come this guy will get in foul trouble every game he can do all that dirty tactics in the internaitonal game but when it comes down to NBA the ref will blow his whistle so many times
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: