Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 08-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far
Default Keep an Eye on Patrick O'Bryant

His time in California was wasted. He spent the majority of it in the DLeague and in the end, 7 footers like O"Bryant are still a rare commodity. Someone with his size, length, mobility and athleticism aren't commonly seen throughout the league. He's working out with Clifford Ray now and I think the Warriors will regret not utilizing him more efficiently to correctly determine his potential. He's still only 22 years old. O'Bryant will be a Bynum type player and maybe a top 5-10 center in the league.

Last edited by BBallGuru08 : 08-12-2008 at 12:09 PM.
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
eprizzle14
Kids at the park dunk on me

eprizzle14 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Keep an Eye on Patrick O'Bryant

Most Def Patty is not Bynum mostly because Bynum has tenacity something that Patrick aint got. Patrick is a finnesse big man with a decent midrange jumper who lacks balance and isnt much of a banger. Do you remember when Andrew got into it with Shaq that one game. Dude is legit
eprizzle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Re: Keep an Eye on Patrick O'Bryant

His D-League numbers are impressive, but the statistics he's put up in the NBA to date have been somewhat disappointing (however, he wasn't expected to be an NBA-ready player that would be able to contribute right off the bat, so this had to be what Golden State expected from him, if not a little less than they had hoped for). He's got a fresh start with the Boston Celtics, and with the loss of veteran P.J. Brown, he could see some playing time next year as the team's 4th or 5th big man, possibly even primary backup center (assuming Big Baby or Leon Powe don't take his spot; I'd assume not -- they both seem to be more power forwards than centers to me), and he's in the perfect situation to set his career on track. If he's not able to make some noise in the next two-three years, however, he's going to be headed along the bust path. The time is coming for O'Bryant, he's going to have to show that he can compete at the NBA level soon.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: