Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-27-2008, 10:53 PM   #706
Sicknote
National High School Star

Sicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Anyone buying Madden 09 2nite?

Stat cracks me and recovers the fumble and runs it back and then I run back the ensuing kickoff.
Sicknote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:59 PM   #707
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
picked up the game 4 or 5 days ago, and I haven't been able to do ANYTHING. Maybe it has something to do with stepping away from Madden since the 2005 release. Back then, you could get by with Dime Flats for just about every defensive situation. Now? I get frustrated, line-up in the backfield without touching anyone, and knock the holy hell out of the QB when the ball is hiked. An injury to a starting QB is worth 5 yd penalty for me.

Lofa Tatupu is a ninja on that game. Any passes over the middle without the correct amount of "touch" and he's gonna grab an int. Haven't had much time to spend with the game so maybe ill spend the weekend working on some of that training.

The CPU QB has a bit of a Robotic-ness to it.. people have theorized that:

a) if you bring blitz, the CPU makes one of those like Peyton Manning reads and immediately checks down / throws it to a HB.
b) if you DON'T control your DLine at the snap, you do get more time to make adjustments.

However, if you just call pass defenses most of the time, the QB doesn't seem so robotic. If you don't pressure the QB, he looks human, , but when you do.. he turns into Tom Brady. Also, it does help to switch up your defenses constantly, so don't stay in 4-3 all game. If it's an obvious passing down, switch to Dime.

BTW, I personally didn't think Skywalker was a cheeser. But maybe that's just me.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:08 PM   #708
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Stick wanna play
mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:14 PM   #709
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsupra
Stick wanna play
i'll play you, getting on now
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:30 PM   #710
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBalla55
The CPU QB has a bit of a Robotic-ness to it.. people have theorized that:

a) if you bring blitz, the CPU makes one of those like Peyton Manning reads and immediately checks down / throws it to a HB.
b) if you DON'T control your DLine at the snap, you do get more time to make adjustments.

However, if you just call pass defenses most of the time, the QB doesn't seem so robotic. If you don't pressure the QB, he looks human, , but when you do.. he turns into Tom Brady. Also, it does help to switch up your defenses constantly, so don't stay in 4-3 all game. If it's an obvious passing down, switch to Dime.

BTW, I personally didn't think Skywalker was a cheeser. But maybe that's just me.

It depends which team I use, but most often I play defense from a base nickel coverage. That's prolly bad. I need to familiarize myself with the playbook again, so it gives me an idea of what plays to expect from what formations and things of that nature. I like the nickel coverage bc I'm usually controlling where the OLB would be or a Safety. It is much much easier for me to control the DB than the LB. I don't know why. Obviously I'm not subbing out T Suggs or someone like that btw. I'd actually like to learn a lot more about how you play defense in the game bc i could sure use some help.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:37 PM   #711
Sicknote
National High School Star

Sicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation here

Stat destroyed me. When I get home and can play on my TV we're having a rematch dude. Good gaaame. Thought it was gonna be interesting but I got blown out. Damn ISH chatroom interupting my thoughts.
Sicknote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:45 PM   #712
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicknote
Stat destroyed me. When I get home and can play on my TV we're having a rematch dude. Good gaaame. Thought it was gonna be interesting but I got blown out. Damn ISH chatroom interupting my thoughts.

Good game man. Crazy start to it with me returning a fumble for a touchdown and you returning the next kickoff for a touchdown. Then it went downhill. Think it ended up 40-7. Thats one of the first games I passed most of the time.

BTW for some reason its not showing up that I played you. Hopefully it shows up soon.

You probably should have started off with someone easier. For 3 quarters of teh game you had negative yardage.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:07 AM   #713
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

good game bigkings..21-7 supra
Old 08-28-2008, 12:08 AM   #714
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The eagles passing game blows, I'm used to playing with Cowboys offline.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:10 AM   #715
mmsupra
MDOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
The eagles passing game blows, I'm used to playing with Cowboys offline.

lmao..me too, and Addai is the biggest POS
Old 08-28-2008, 12:28 AM   #716
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
good game bigkings..21-7 supra
i havent played you yet, you wanna go leag game later?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:39 AM   #717
mmsupra
MDOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
i havent played you yet, you wanna go leag game later?
im gonna play Stat then go to bed gotta get up early tomm
Old 08-28-2008, 12:43 AM   #718
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
im gonna play Stat then go to bed gotta get up early tomm
k sounds good maybe we'll play tomorrow
Old 08-28-2008, 12:52 AM   #719
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

anyone down for a game?
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:53 AM   #720
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
anyone down for a game?
yeah just don't disconnect this time lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: