Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-27-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
Niquesports
Good college starter

Default IF Lebron leaves the Cavs should Ferry be fired

Just a question has Ferry done enough to surround Lebron with talent. OR if lebron leaves is he not taking the blame for his lack of success. In todays NBA LBj could play in North Dakota and get the same amount of pub so he doesnt need to go to NY to be the man . He needs to win a championship to be the Man but I just dont see that in him. IF he is thinking about going to the Knicks maybe he should call Ewing first
Niquesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:04 AM   #2
All Net

Default Re: IF Lebron leaves the Cavs should Ferry be fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niquesports
Just a question has Ferry done enough to surround Lebron with talent. OR if lebron leaves is he not taking the blame for his lack of success. In todays NBA LBj could play in North Dakota and get the same amount of pub so he doesnt need to go to NY to be the man . He needs to win a championship to be the Man but I just dont see that in him. IF he is thinking about going to the Knicks maybe he should call Ewing first

Ferry has made a good number of trades to improve the Cavs over the past few years. Lebron has gotten a far betterr supporting cast than he has ever had.

Ferry has basically aqquired Shaq and Jamison for nothing. Ferry got Mo Williams for Joe freaking Smith. Got West for nothing.

Ferry has done a great job since that 07 roster that Lebron had around him.

If Cavs fail to win it all this year you can't blame Ferry. Will just mean they got beat by a better team. This is the first year where the Cavs have a very high chance to win it all.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Ferry has made a good number of trades to improve the Cavs over the past few years. Lebron has gotten a far betterr supporting cast than he has ever had.

Ferry has basically aqquired Shaq and Jamison for nothing. Ferry got Mo Williams for Joe freaking Smith. Got West for nothing.

Ferry has done a great job since that 07 roster that Lebron had around him.

If Cavs fail to win it all this year you can't blame Ferry. Will just mean they got beat by a better team. This is the first year where the Cavs have a very high chance to win it all.

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
JordanL

Why would they fire Ferry? The guy has done INCREDIBLE with what he started with around Lebron. Look at who he has now?

Ferry has done a great job surrounding Lebron with talented guys. If LBJ bolts you CAN'T blame Ferry... blame Lebron or Nike or someone, but not Ferry.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
ZeN
Stormblessed

He has done everything in his power to put LeBron in a good situation. It would be unfair to fire ferry, but they may do so anyway, because they may need a scapegoat.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #6
Heretik32
Myrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niquesports
Just a question has Ferry done enough to surround Lebron with talent.

What more could he have done? He's gone out of the window in order to provide Lebron with sidekicks, heck, he even sold the team's future. If Lebron leaves, the Cavs are done for. Ferry handed Lebron the keys to the kingdom, now it's up to Lebron to man up.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #7
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

He's made mistakes (like signing Hughes) but he's built a decent team around Lebron.
I think he should have signed a new coach though.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:48 AM   #8
rizzy
Banned

Give it up to this man.

He got Antawn Jamison for free

Leon Powe for free

Anthony Parker for free

Jamario Moon for free

Shaq for Ben Wallace

Mo Williams for Damon Jones

Delonte West for Larry Hughes

Ben Wallace for Donyell Marshal

Drafted JJ Hickson with the 17th pick

Resigned great role players in Varajao, West and Gibson

all in two years

sheesh

Last edited by rizzy : 02-27-2010 at 08:52 AM.
rizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #9
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Danny Ferry = 2010 NBA Executive of the Year.

LeBron would re-sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 02-27-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #10
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

I don't think he should be fired at all, but if Bron does leave it's really grim for the Cavs. He might get fired later on, but it's not like he is going to get fired the day LeBron leaves...

If Bron leaves, Shaq will leave (not that it makes a huge difference), Z is going to retire... I'm not really sure about the contracts of their role players and I don't really want to look it up, but they are gonna be stuck with Jamison until he's 36... all of those haters who are talking about how they got Jamison for free... they did, but they are going to pay dearly over time.

Anyway, the way I see it is I would be very disappointed if LeBron left cleveland. Even though I have no real stock in the issue, it's kind of like when the Sonics moved. I just don't think it would be the right thing.

I can understand that Cleveland is a crappy city (at least that's what I hear), and NY is a huge market, but the amount of money and hype he'd get is really trivial in the grander scheme. If he makes like 10% more, sure that's a lot of money but it takes a special kind of douche to shaft fans that supported him his whole basketball life. All of those people with witness shirts... LeBron made one of the most horrible basketball franchises (Cleveland) into a cool team to cheer for. They gave him everything he could have wanted and NOBODY is going to pay him more than they are. If he leaves now ( and I have a feeling he will) it really makes me lose respect for him. All respect. Sure, he's a great bball player, but if he walks out on Cleveland, he will always be a ***** to me.

Ferry, despite being an annoyance in his playing days (to me, at least) has proved to be a really smart GM, a generally good guy, and someone who basically said, "I'll do whatever it takes to keep you here." Sure, it was the obvious move, and someone else would have done it if not him... but he was the one that actually did it.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:15 AM   #11
PleezeBelieve
Thunder it DOWN, Dion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
I don't think he should be fired at all, but if Bron does leave it's really grim for the Cavs. He might get fired later on, but it's not like he is going to get fired the day LeBron leaves...

If Bron leaves, Shaq will leave (not that it makes a huge difference), Z is going to retire... I'm not really sure about the contracts of their role players and I don't really want to look it up, but they are gonna be stuck with Jamison until he's 36... all of those haters who are talking about how they got Jamison for free... they did, but they are going to pay dearly over time.

Anyway, the way I see it is I would be very disappointed if LeBron left cleveland. Even though I have no real stock in the issue, it's kind of like when the Sonics moved. I just don't think it would be the right thing.

I can understand that Cleveland is a crappy city (at least that's what I hear), and NY is a huge market, but the amount of money and hype he'd get is really trivial in the grander scheme. If he makes like 10% more, sure that's a lot of money but it takes a special kind of douche to shaft fans that supported him his whole basketball life. All of those people with witness shirts... LeBron made one of the most horrible basketball franchises (Cleveland) into a cool team to cheer for. They gave him everything he could have wanted and NOBODY is going to pay him more than they are. If he leaves now ( and I have a feeling he will) it really makes me lose respect for him. All respect. Sure, he's a great bball player, but if he walks out on Cleveland, he will always be a ***** to me.

Ferry, despite being an annoyance in his playing days (to me, at least) has proved to be a really smart GM, a generally good guy, and someone who basically said, "I'll do whatever it takes to keep you here." Sure, it was the obvious move, and someone else would have done it if not him... but he was the one that actually did it.

-Smak
You have no idea what you're talking about. You 'LeBron' fans kill me.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

Lebron should leave if he wants to. He's a young man who lived his whole life in Akron Ohio. If he wants to move to somewhere else (doesn't have to be NY), i can understand people being dissapointed, but anyone who says he shouldn't leave, is not being loyal, etc. needs to take a chill pill because there is not one person on this board who would appreciate themselves being treated in that way.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #13
Heretik32
Myrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Lebron should leave if he wants to. He's a young man who lived his whole life in Akron Ohio. If he wants to move to somewhere else (doesn't have to be NY), i can understand people being dissapointed, but anyone who says he shouldn't leave, is not being loyal, etc. needs to take a chill pill because there is not one person on this board who would appreciate themselves being treated in that way.

Well, he could at least tell Cavs management if he plans to leave, not leave behind a ruin made of roleplayers and secondary options by just bailing.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #14
bagelred
Stare

Listen, when Lebron comes to the Knicks, Cavs and Knicks will do a Sign and Trade and we'll send them Eddy Curry back. So Cavs get some talent.....

You're Welcome
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #15
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Listen, when Lebron comes to the Knicks, Cavs and Knicks will do a Sign and Trade and we'll send them Eddy Curry back. So Cavs get some talent.....

You're Welcome

I like it because we get rid of Jared Jeffries?
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: