Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 06:44 PM   #16
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter
 
LakersDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,114
LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation
Default

Whether you are right or wrong doesn't matter. This kind of thread doesn't belong in the Heat forum, this is exactly why people hate us. Bfresh acknowledges that Kobe is the better player right now but is there really a need for this thread?
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #17
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers
 
BullsBigMan29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 273
BullsBigMan29 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
im a laker fan here. but there is no such thing as the next MJ. kobe won 3 rings with shaq, impressive but any elite SG could have paired with the best center of the last 2 decades to win a chip.

and kobe bryant never won MVP like wade did, and dont say its because he played with shaq because wade played with shaq too.

and you can say all you want about meaningless regular season acomplishments (62 in 3, 81 points) but wade won a ring and finals MVP and kobe bryant lead our franchise to blow a 3-1 lead, so why they hell are you praising the guy ?? he quit on us on game 7.

iverson could and would have won a bunch of rings playing with shaq, same for drexler, reggie miller, wilkins and lots of other.

how can you say that wade is hyped because of shaq ?? you already forgot that kobe always got a lot of hype because of playing with shaq ?

I think D-Wade could have won a ring with Zo starting at Center.

Michael never had the best center in the world playing with him (nothing against Robert Parish), but if you look at the centers that MJ has won with, they really were no big names (Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley, Will Perdue, Stacy King, et al) you had two centers passed their prime, and some who were defensive forces in college.

Honestly, you still need some defensive force in the middle not necessarily a Shaq or David Robinson or Ben Wallace. If you can have someone who can just protect the paint and your team everything can fall in line, look at the Detroit Pistons, no big stars and they did it with defence and team work and players who stepped up.
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:04 PM   #18
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman
 
mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,656
mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far
Default

Yer right, Wade deserves to be mentioned with guys that have actually won a Finals MVP.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:52 AM   #19
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter
 
LakersDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,114
LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Yer right, Wade deserves to be mentioned with guys that have actually won a Finals MVP.
Chauncey Billups?
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:54 PM   #20
rzp
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,177
rzp has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
Chauncey Billups?

SHAQ was the real 04mvp(ur last MONSTER PERFORMANCE) ...he was a monster agaisnt those b*tches(by far the best stats of all players in that game)...isnt his fal if KB CHOKED...Billups won "by default"
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:11 AM   #21
Jace_the_Ace
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3
Jace_the_Ace has an OK reputation so far
Default no one man can win games...

kobe is a talent, that's for sure, but he's didn't win the playoffs did he? wade did, and so did shaq, Jwil, walker and a bunch of ppl behind their backs...

some do well in some games, others aren't in the zone. that's just the way it is...

heat is the better team, and wade showed his leader quality at the finals... so the champ title is theirs!

maybe kobe can come back next year with some team work..
Jace_the_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:35 AM   #22
sic
Decent playground baller
 
sic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 331
sic has an OK reputation so far
Default

sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:56 AM   #23
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong
 
Human Error's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,323
Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default

Wade is better than Kobe and it's not even debatable anymore. I bet there's no coach in the NBA who would want Kobe over Wade on his team, and you deserve a smack in the mouth if you don't agree with me. Wade makes everyone around him look better while Kobe makes everyone around him just stand around.

LeBron, Wade >>> Kobe. Face it Kobe fanatics. LeBron was already better than prime Kobe coming into the league and he has made huge improvement for the last 3 years. And Wade won something that Kobe never has won, the Finals MVP award.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #24
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong
 
Human Error's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,323
Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeemk3
but Kobe is way better than Wade and everyone knows that there is some stuff Kobe can do that Wade cant...like win by himself...cause if it wasnt for Kobe shaq would of never won 3 rings....
Stop being an idiot. Kobe led his team to a 34-48 record in his 1st season without Shaq and with Odom and Butler. Rookie Wade helped Odom and Butler and Co to close out the season with a 22-5 surge(they were 5-1 against West as well) and advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Wade even hit a corner 3 pointer that eventually became a go-ahead basket for the series against the Hornets.

Kobe still hasn't proved that he can win by himself, because he still hasn't won a single playoff series without Shaq. And everyone knows that Shaq would've won multiple titles with or without Kobe because he was just so dominant from '99-'04.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:49 PM   #25
Mr.cLuTcH
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Mr.cLuTcH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2
Mr.cLuTcH has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
Stop being an idiot. Kobe led his team to a 34-48 record in his 1st season without Shaq and with Odom and Butler. Rookie Wade helped Odom and Butler and Co to close out the season with a 22-5 surge(they were 5-1 against West as well) and advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Wade even hit a corner 3 pointer that eventually became a go-ahead basket for the series against the Hornets.

Kobe still hasn't proved that he can win by himself, because he still hasn't won a single playoff series without Shaq. And everyone knows that Shaq would've won multiple titles with or without Kobe because he was just so dominant from '99-'04.

Are you fuking kidding?! Wow. "By himself". He can score alll the points for his own team you idiot (81). Hes helping his teammates build there confidence and become better so he wouldnt have too take on the load in the playoffs like he did in the PHX series. Even by himself in the PHX series he led them too a 3-1 record and made the best highlights of the intire playoffs just in the first round. This year Kobe is leading his team to 25 13 WITHOUT shaq. D-Wade doesnt have his shaq with him right now and is leading his team to a 17 - 20 record. Even with Lamar out, and Kwame Kobe is doing it without Shaq while D-Wade has his team, just not shaq and is losing.
Mr.cLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:39 PM   #26
miamiman
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 30
miamiman has an OK reputation so far
Default

Sorry but without shaq wade has still been averaging 30 points a game and he still drives the lane just as many times as he did with shaq..
miamiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:35 AM   #27
sgvxsc3
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 42
sgvxsc3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How can you still compare wade to KB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
Stop being an idiot. Kobe led his team to a 34-48 record in his 1st season without Shaq and with Odom and Butler. Rookie Wade helped Odom and Butler and Co to close out the season with a 22-5 surge(they were 5-1 against West as well) and advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Wade even hit a corner 3 pointer that eventually became a go-ahead basket for the series against the Hornets.

Kobe still hasn't proved that he can win by himself, because he still hasn't won a single playoff series without Shaq. And everyone knows that Shaq would've won multiple titles with or without Kobe because he was just so dominant from '99-'04.

you need to get slapped wade is comparable to kobe but kobe is still better.
wade was the 3rd leading scorer to that 03-04 heats team. lead by EDDIE JONES AND LAMAR ODOM sure wade HELPED.if you put melo or lebron in you could say they woulda done the same for the those 03-04 heats.
sgvxsc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:54 AM   #28
j Fresh
Local High School Star
 
j Fresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the Knickerbockers' hood ..
Posts: 1,069
j Fresh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How can you still compare wade to KB?

Charles Barkley: I'm not adding you to my top five.

Dwyane Wade: Why not? I'm Dwyane Wade! My fire is hot!

Charles Barkley: You hot right now, but I'm an Icon. I'm a legend, everybody knows me!

Slutty White Girl: Oh my gosh! Dwayne Wade!

Dwyane Wade: Hey!

Slutty White Girl: You're such a great player! And your so amazing! Oh i'm sorry......... is this your dad??

QUESTION: Would Kobe be able to pull this commercial off knowing there'd be a slutty white girl? CASE CLOSED!
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #29
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star
 
hwliuLAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,516
hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: How can you still compare wade to KB?

I feel bad for the Heats fan
having retarded Lakers fan to come in and post these threads
I only came to check on the status of Haslem

When Kobe won the rings with shaq, he wasn't the best player in the league
Shaq was, but I don't think they could have won a ring without each other

Kobe can win a game by himself, just like Wade can give the Heat a game in the playoff
but either way, that's not enough
Kobe won the blazers game in the OT by himself simply because Shaq fouled out
so you can't argue with that.
As for Wade, he brought the Heat back in the Dallas series, he was just fun to watch.

But the bottom line is, I do believe Kobe is a more complete player than Wade
as of right now, and simply because Wade does not have to be a complete player at the moment, not saying he can't.
Both of them can change the game when it is at the line.
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 05:06 PM   #30
yall's G8r bait
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
yall's G8r bait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37
yall's G8r bait has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How can you still compare wade to KB?

if u reall think that wade cant do anything without shaq then u r mentally challenged...look at all the time that shaq spent on the bench and we are still around 500...i want u to tell me what more has kobe done without shaq than wade has done?
yall's G8r bait is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy