Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-12-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool
Default Bionic Commando Rearmed (XBLA / PSN / PC)

Quote:
Classic side-scrolling gameplay is reporting back for duty with Bionic Commando Rearmed, a remake of the classic NES game, coming to Xbox LIVE« Arcade, PlayStation« Network and PC in 2008.

20 years after the 8-bit classic was released, Bionic Commando Rearmed recreates the world of the original with a complete "2.5D" visual revamp. Bionic Commando Rearmed preserves the original's mix of swinging and shooting in an intense 2D side-scroller, all to the tune of a brand-new soundtrack based on the classic 8-bit music from the NES masterpiece,

But Rearmed is far more than just a remake - it features all-new modes such as the 2-player co-op play, smarter enemy AI, new bionic arm abilities, new weapons, bigger bosses and online rankings. Faithfully sticking to the story of the NES game, Bionic Commando Rearmed tells the story of Nathan "R.A.D." Spencer's first mission, sent in to retrieve captured agent Super Joe from the hands of the Imperials. Fans of the original story can expect to see all the characters from the NES version, as well as the memorable moments that made the title so popular with fans. Rearmed will also link-up to its 3D "big brother" coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, with unlockable content, in-game hints and a story that spans both games.

Game Features:

Classic Bionic Commando side-scrolling gameplay, updated with new abilities, weapons and bosses
2-player co-op mode
Total modern visual and audio revamp
Cross-game interoperability – complete specific parts of Bionic Commando Rearmed to unlock new content and hints for the Bionic Commando sequel
Challenge Rooms – obstacles courses and swing puzzles that test your skills, with your best times ranked against other users in online leaderboards
Top-Down Stages – the return of the top-down scrolling gameplay of the original’s “Enemy Encounter” stages, with remixed music from the classic Commando!
Multiplayer – up to 4 players can face off in a frantic melee of shooting and swinging!
In-game art designed by Shinkiro, one of Capcom’s most talented artists
http://www.bioniccommando.com/en/pag...Game_Overview#

Screenshot:

Anyone else as excited about this being released tomorrow as me?! 2 player coop ftw!! anyone know if xbla games get released at midnight or just sometime tomorrow..?
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Bionic Commando Rearmed (XBLA / PSN / PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
Anyone else as excited about this being released tomorrow as me?!

HELL YEAH! I'm excitedů

I've held off playing th NES game because this was on the horizon. I probably won't dl it until the weekend though when I have more time to dedicate to it. I wonder how challanging this remake will be. I am a pro at the NES version
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

i think they've made it a little easier. i read something about having more health and i think you have unlimited continues now instead of having to track down continues from within the game.

also i think they've redone the last level, or possibly added a new one, not that i ever got that far... game was so challenging!

the one complaint i read was that the xbox360's d-pad shows its true colors. makes it hard to select which level you want to move to and you can inadvertantly select a top-down battle level instead of one of the regular ones. it can also mess with which direction you shoot your bionic arm...
Old 08-12-2008, 12:24 PM   #4
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

easier!?!?!

Oh well will still be fun to play for achievments and its a fun game overall!

In the original, you could always go over to the overhead levels and rack up continues if running low.

I might try to play this with the arcade sticků 360 d-pad is like the worst everů F it. I played Symphony of the Night with it fair enough. If the challange was lowered the janky dpad will bring it right up

I can't wait to play!

Also check out Capcom's other revised classic: 1942: Joint Strike (available now on XBLA :) )
Old 08-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #5
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Also check out Capcom's other revised classic: 1942: Joint Strike (available now on XBLA :) )

that's all ive been playing lately on 360 :)

1942 and bionic commando remakes are 2 of my most sought after releases for this summer. guess ninja gaiden 2 could be in there, but these capcom classics are just too good!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:17 PM   #6
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

I finally downloaded this game…

Its alot like the original with the lay out but they put in boss battles now instead of just destroying the reactors… thats where the challenge lies.

Also they got these mini games which are quite fun… this is where I am spending most my time right now trying to 5 star them. That is VERY challenging! and FUN too

I got it on the 360 and I kind of wish I had got it on the PS3 as this game shows just how horrible the dpad is on the 360 controller… I might dl it off of PSN still. Also I think I am going to order the Hori 360 controller as I had heard it offers a better dpad (i just hate that its wired )

Old 08-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #7
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

2 player coop can be pretty chaotic. Especially when one takes off a wrong swing and has to restart at the bottom.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #8
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

They're actually making a 3D style Bionic Commando game as well. I saw screen shots in GameInformer.

The graphics look killer, but that's almost to be expected in any new game that has any kind of budget at all.

I'm just wondering if it's actually going to be a fun game, or if its just going to cash in on the nostalgia.

I remember when they made those 3D Castlevania's for the Nintendo 64, and I bought the first one without playing it, and it turned out to be awful. Talk about not living up to the hype.

The PSX side scrolling Castlevania was kick-ass. Great soundtrack, cool RPG-like gear system. Lots of hidden stuff.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: