Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 08-12-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Default Favorite Pacers' Trade

My favorite trade came on February 19th , 2002, when we sent Jalen Rose, Travis Best, Norman Richardson, and a second round pick for Ron Artest, Brad Miller, Ron Mercer, and Kevin Ollie.

All of the players we got in return played solid for us, even Kevin Ollie. Ron Mercer came back from his injury and played quite weel as a reserve, and we all know how great Ron Artest was. I wish we would have been able to keep Brad Miller, but whatever.

Great trade for us.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:59 PM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Default Re: Favorite Pacers' Trade

i agree, that was my favorite trade also. I also liked the Dale Davis for JO trade. We'll wait and see how Ford, Hibbert and Rasho for JO works out.
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:39 AM   #3
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
i agree, that was my favorite trade also. I also liked the Dale Davis for JO trade. We'll wait and see how Ford, Hibbert and Rasho for JO works out.
Yeah, it was a close one for me, I almost picked the DD for JO deal, but we didn't even get to the Finals with that deal, so f*ck it.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:56 AM   #4
TBurge
Bynum vs. Oden

Dale Davis for Jermaine O'Neal was by FAR my favorite trade in the Walsh era. I know Jermaine never lived up to everyone's expectations; but he was a dominant defensive force for 3-4 years.
TBurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:43 AM   #5
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Both JO deals. Though I loved Dale Davis, getting a #1 option on both ends for a defensive role player was obviously great. Plus we got DD back, too bad it was only for 25 games or so. I really, really like the JO to Toronto deal. We're in such a better position in basically all aspects than we were before, I'm genuinely amazed we got such a great offer.

Trading Peja, who we couldn't afford to keep, for what amounted to a massive trade exception was great. Bringing Harrington back with it wasn't the best, but the original motive was.

Gotta say, even though I never saw any of these players play, the best may be Jimmy Dawson, Ron Kozlicki, and cash for Mel Daniels.

Though once Tinsley's unloaded that may be the greatest. I really think people are going to be surprised by what we get back.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:08 AM   #6
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Both JO deals. Though I loved Dale Davis, getting a #1 option on both ends for a defensive role player was obviously great. Plus we got DD back, too bad it was only for 25 games or so. I really, really like the JO to Toronto deal. We're in such a better position in basically all aspects than we were before, I'm genuinely amazed we got such a great offer.

Trading Peja, who we couldn't afford to keep, for what amounted to a massive trade exception was great. Bringing Harrington back with it wasn't the best, but the original motive was.

Gotta say, even though I never saw any of these players play, the best may be Jimmy Dawson, Ron Kozlicki, and cash for Mel Daniels.

Though once Tinsley's unloaded that may be the greatest. I really think people are going to be surprised by what we get back.
i think we're going to get **** for him....unless you have insider info which you would like to share with us
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
i think we're going to get **** for him....unless you have insider info which you would like to share with us

That's why I think people'll be surprised by what we get for him. Most people think we'll get an end of the bench scrub, but I think we'll get someone who'd be capable of contributing in an 8th man type role. It just sucks teams are filling their PG needs now like NY and Cleveland. I can see why Walsh wouldn't want Tinsley, but he's the one who kept his ass around so long in the first place, Malik Rose or Jerome James woulda been fine with me. Same with Eric Snow in Cleveland. Larry's been talking to teams and he hasn't pulled the trigger yet, gotta assume there's been offers of some scrubs, so he's got to have a reason to believe he can get someone who could at least contribute. Apparently Miami considered giving us Haslem for him but eventually turned it down. Tinsley + Murphy for Atkins, Hunter and their massive trade exception from the Camby deal'd be nice. Who cares about having no 4 on the roster, think of the cap space!

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 08-15-2008 at 10:54 AM.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
b4ball
Local High School Star

The best trade the Pacers made was taking TJ Ford off our hands. The Starbury want to be, AKA, the infectious desease, will fit in well with a team that is used to dealing with egocentric knuckleheads.

How do you think TJ feels about being told he'll have to earn the starting point guard position? Yes, he will come out strong, but when he goes one on five again and again (cause nobody is good enough to play with him) and get's demoted, as he did in Toronto, just how happy is he going to be?

The Pacers just seem to trade for knuckleheads. Those of you who like the JO, TJ trade will have second thoughts long before you reach the mid point of the season.

Good luck, but best of all thank you.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #9
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
The best trade the Pacers made was taking TJ Ford off our hands. The Starbury want to be, AKA, the infectious desease, will fit in well with a team that is used to dealing with egocentric knuckleheads.

How do you think TJ feels about being told he'll have to earn the starting point guard position? Yes, he will come out strong, but when he goes one on five again and again (cause nobody is good enough to play with him) and get's demoted, as he did in Toronto, just how happy is he going to be?

The Pacers just seem to trade for knuckleheads. Those of you who like the JO, TJ trade will have second thoughts long before you reach the mid point of the season.

Good luck, but best of all thank you.
BAN
Old 09-24-2008, 10:33 PM   #10
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
BAN

i'll 2nd that. get that crap outta here.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:05 PM   #11
yourhero
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
My favorite trade came on February 19th , 2002, when we sent Jalen Rose, Travis Best, Norman Richardson, and a second round pick for Ron Artest, Brad Miller, Ron Mercer, and Kevin Ollie.
You said it.. Jalen and Travis were both past their prime while Ron and Brad were about to be in theirs.
yourhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:46 PM   #12
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhero
You said it.. Jalen and Travis were both past their prime while Ron and Brad were about to be in theirs.
I still remember that day.

Man, 6 and a half years goes too fast, but in some aspects seems like forever ago.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:45 PM   #13
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBurge
Dale Davis for Jermaine O'Neal was by FAR my favorite trade in the Walsh era. I know Jermaine never lived up to everyone's expectations; but he was a dominant defensive force for 3-4 years.

Jermaine lived up and surpassed any and all expectations that were bestowed upon his arrival to Indy. He was riding the bench in Portland and honestly his expectations were not that high when he came to town. Then he became an excellent post player, a top 3 MVP candidate for about 3 years, and made multiple all-star appearances. He lived up to expectaions in my book
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:55 PM   #14
yourhero
I brick open layups

I hear ya, I was in 7th grade and had just started getting into basketball.. I remember what class I was in and everything, reading the newspaper...At first I was a little curious about it because i knew Jalen and Travis were 2 of our better players, but over the next few years I found out why we made the trade.
yourhero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: