Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 12-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
kurupt
I hit open layups

kurupt has no real reputation yet.
Default trade with toronto

would you guys trade al horford and josh smith for chris bosh and moon or whoever else you want other than calderon, im just wondering what his value is , if not smith than horford and williams
kurupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #2
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!

Raps4Life has decent reputation
Default Re: trade with toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurupt
would you guys trade al horford and josh smith for chris bosh and moon or whoever else you want other than calderon, im just wondering what his value is , if not smith than horford and williams

We would never do that...NEVER!
Raps4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Yeah dude, it'd probably have to be Josh Smith and Al Horford for Bosh and Calderon.

And even then I don't think Atlanta would do it because they wouldn't trade a big for a small.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
kurupt
I hit open layups

so you guys wouldnt do a trade for bosh for horford, williams (obviously fillers involved)

with jj, bosh, and smith and bibby that s a conteding team
Old 12-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #5
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
Yeah dude, it'd probably have to be Josh Smith and Al Horford for Bosh and Calderon.

And even then I don't think Atlanta would do it because they wouldn't trade a big for a small.

Toronto wouldn't do that. I don't think the talent matches up. Bosh is a legit MVP candidate. Calderon is an upcoming allstar PG. We would be getting fleeced.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #6
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

bosh is NOT tradablle for us
so dont even include him in anything
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps4Life
Toronto wouldn't do that. I don't think the talent matches up. Bosh is a legit MVP candidate. Calderon is an upcoming allstar PG. We would be getting fleeced.
Way to read the last part of my post.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #8
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:

That's pretty decent, assuming Bosh was ever someday actually available for some reason. Like, if the Raptors thought they were really going to lose him
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #9
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
Way to read the last part of my post.

Way to read my post at all. It's not about whether Atlanta would do it or not. The Raptors won't do it. I don't think there is any package of players from Atlanta that we would trade Chris Bosh for.

I gotta give props for Atlanta collectively, however the talent drop off from Chris Bosh to pretty much everyone on that team is significant. Joe Johnson is about the only player that a deal could be worked out for.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #10
kurupt
I hit open layups

well im a hardcore toronto fan, and we messed up our chances to build a legit championship team (not drafting iggy, chris paul when there was a offer on the table, or rudy gay/or broy)

the only young players we have worth anything is bargnani (not worth much), calderon (horrible defensively have quite old relatively speaking) and bosh (great player)

There is no way a thop shelf free agent is signing with us in the summer of 10. The only thing left to do is rebuild. So my idea is to trade bosh for horford and smith (if smith is too much for them to give us then williams), trade calderon for to portland for webster or rudy (preferably rudy) and bayless, trade jo and the vet for whatever young players or picks we can, this way we d have a young core of

horford
bargnani
smith or williams
rudy or webster
bayless

then build through the draft this year and next and sign some nice young players in 10 or 11,

which is why i was wondering if atl would do the trade i was proposing, now i will post on the prtland board to see how they feel about calderon
Old 12-17-2008, 11:06 AM   #11
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!

Quote:
well im a hardcore toronto fan, and we messed up our chances to build a legit championship team (not drafting iggy, chris paul when there was a offer on the table, or rudy gay/or broy)

the only young players we have worth anything is bargnani (not worth much), calderon (horrible defensively have quite old relatively speaking) and bosh (great player)

There is no way a thop shelf free agent is signing with us in the summer of 10. The only thing left to do is rebuild. So my idea is to trade bosh for horford and smith (if smith is too much for them to give us then williams), trade calderon for to portland for webster or rudy (preferably rudy) and bayless, trade jo and the vet for whatever young players or picks we can, this way we d have a young core of

horford
bargnani
smith or williams
rudy or webster
bayless

then build through the draft this year and next and sign some nice young players in 10 or 11,

which is why i was wondering if atl would do the trade i was proposing, now i will post on the prtland board to see how they feel about calderon

That doesn't sound hardcore, that sounds like a bandwagon jumper. It's the quarter mark of the season. BC has something in store. There's ALOT of season left.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #12
kurupt
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps4Life
That doesn't sound hardcore, that sounds like a bandwagon jumper. It's the quarter mark of the season. BC has something in store. There's ALOT of season left.

thats because i dont care about going to the playoffs or even winning in the playoffs, the goal is to win a ring, this core is not winning a championship ever, no way , just cuz youre a moron dont call me a bandwagon jumper, i watched this team from day one, and was a basketball fan when you were in your dads nu t sac k
Old 12-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #13
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!

Quote:
thats because i dont care about going to the playoffs or even winning in the playoffs, the goal is to win a ring, this core is not winning a championship ever, no way , just cuz youre a moron dont call me a bandwagon jumper, i watched this team from day one, and was a basketball fan when you were in your dads nu t sac k

Are you kidding me? How do you know me? You think I haven't been here since day one? You think I haven't been here since before there was a Raptors team and watched the Bulls play the Kings at Skydome?

What was the first game you watched? Kid.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:44 PM   #14
kurupt
I hit open layups

raptors vs the thunder is the first one i will be watching in its full entirety
Old 12-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #15
Raps4Life
Let's Go Raptors!