Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-02-2006, 12:32 AM   #1
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

LALakerFan4Life has an OK reputation so far
Default DJ Shadow Aligns With The Bay Area

The career of DJ Shadow has taken an unexpected turn with the release of his new album and his alignment with the Bay Area hyphy sound.

DJ Shadow is a revered producer who is credited with releasing the first ever CD comprised solely of samples. His albums Entroducing, Pre-emptive Strike and The Private Press have long been considered benchmarks of turntablism, instrumentalism and creative sampling with the roots of the sound, the process and his career clearly embedded in hip-hop.

His latest album, The Outsider, has caused a huge split in his fanbase – the division between ‘artist progression’ and ‘artist mistake’ are fiery and fierce. The sound of the new album is principally electronic and is dominated by guest appearances which include David Banner, Keak Da Sneak, E-40, Q-Tip and Lateef The Truth Speaker.

“I care what people think [about my music], but at the same time I can’t let it dictate the type of record that I make,” he said. “I decided to make an album that really reflected who I am now, as opposed to adding to some sort of longer legacy.”

The opening track is called ‘This Time (I’m Gonna Try It My Way)’. One of the closing tracks, ‘What Have I Done’ has left some wondering the same thing.

The Outsider is released September 18th.

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article167962.html
LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: