Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 08-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation
Default Rank these lineups

For a current league (not necessarily next season, just over the summer, based on how good these players normally play), is team A, team B, or team C better (in what order)?

Team A
C - Mehmet Okur / Stromile Swift
PF - Rasheed Wallace / Antoine Walker
SF - LeBron James / Al Thornton
SG - Leandro Barbosa / Cuttino Mobley
PG - Baron Davis / Brevin Knight

Team B
PF - Drew Gooden / Antoine Walker
SG - Kevin Martin / Cuttino Mobley

Team C
PF - Kenyon Martin / Antoine Walker
SG - Kevin Martin / Leandro Barbosa

So put them in order from best to least please. Do you think if I had team A that I should start Mobley and bring Barbosa off the bench? But mainly I want to knowthe order more than anything else. Thanks guys.

Last edited by ForceOfNature : 08-15-2008 at 06:07 PM.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board
Default Re: Rank these lineups

A. C. B.

I'm a big fan of Rasheed though. I think Team B is definitely the worst though since IMHO, Kenyon Martin > Drew Gooden and having Barbosa on team C as opposed to Cuttino Mobley clinches it
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like c>b>a because Kevin Martin can offset Lebron's ft woes, he was also 21st avg player last year, and now without Artest he will be much better. Sheed is a great roto player, but he's frustrating to own in H2H.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #4
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

A C B
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:23 AM   #5
Da Ballahollic
Lookout 4 Boom Herron

Da Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation here

Team C is the best..
Da Ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:27 AM   #6
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Call a CAB
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

acb
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #8
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

C > A, B.

C because KevMart and Barbosa are your two best SGs, and because KenMart will deliver as many or more consistent pts/boards as Gooden with better defensive stats in stls and blks, and KenMart becomes much more interesting in those two cats with Camby gone.

A and B are toss ups IMO, but I'd take the upgrade from Gooden to Sheed before the upgrade from Barbosa to KevMart. Kingsfan makes a good point with the LeBron/KevMart ft% help as well. A and B are very close to call, I see C as the distinct leader IMO.

Just throwing this out there - I'll be interested to see if Mobley becomes fantasy relevant again after the departure of Maggette and the arrival of Baron, while Barbosa will remain the same when it comes to his stats, so I wonder how much of a disparity there is between Barbosa and Mobley.

Last edited by benJAMin : 08-17-2008 at 12:14 AM.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:35 AM   #9
D.Z.W.
Great young streetballer

D.Z.W. has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
C > A, B.

C because KevMart and Barbosa are your two best SGs, and because KenMart will deliver as many or more consistent pts/boards as Gooden with better defensive stats in stls and blks, and KenMart becomes much more interesting in those two cats with Camby gone.

A and B are toss ups IMO, but I'd take the upgrade from Gooden to Sheed before the upgrade from Barbosa to KevMart. Kingsfan makes a good point with the LeBron/KevMart ft% help as well. A and B are very close to call, I see C as the distinct leader IMO.

Just throwing this out there - I'll be interested to see if Mobley becomes fantasy relevant again after the departure of Maggette and the arrival of Baron, while Barbosa will remain the same when it comes to his stats, so I wonder how much of a disparity there is between Barbosa and Mobley.

I doubt Mobley would make much of a fantasy impact despite the departure of Maggette, I expect Kaman/Thorton/Ricky/Baron to pretty much take all the shots.
D.Z.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: