Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-15-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default What do you expect from Luol Deng?

Since he got the deal of an all-star player are you expecting him to put up all-star numbers?

I'd really like to see him bounce back from last season and start playing like he did at the end of the 2006/2007 season. I think anything less than 25-30/7 would be a disappointment.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Undisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What do you expect from Luol Deng?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Since he got the deal of an all-star player are you expecting him to put up all-star numbers?

I'd really like to see him bounce back from last season and start playing like he did at the end of the 2006/2007 season. I think anything less than 25-30/7 would be a disappointment.

Realistically, I expect Deng to pull in around 20ppg this season. It's no question that he was overpaid on his contract, unless he absolutely blows up this coming season.

Be expecting a disappointment, I highly doubt he'll average 25-30 a game this coming season.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I'd really want him to average 25-30 but I'd be okay with 20-25. Either way I want him to really take over and become the leader of the team now. I want hm to at least be the Bulls most consistent leading scorer.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:24 PM   #4
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

25-30 points per?? come on... those are rediculous expectations... he is gonna go 18-20 PPG and 7 boards... that is great for the $ they gave him...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:26 PM   #5
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Undisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'd really want him to average 25-30 but I'd be okay with 20-25. Either way I want him to really take over and become the leader of the team now. I want hm to at least be the Bulls most consistent leading scorer.

When I look at Deng, I exclude last season out of the books. Injuries, lack of focus, and coaching changes are not the best condition for a blossoming young player.

I'm sure he can become the guy you'd like him to be. He has the potential to be a 25-30 ppg guy, and with Derrick Rose as a teammate, his chances are definitely increased for that. If the amazing happens, and Deng can carry this team with big numbers, we have a legit shot for an upset in the first round of the playoffs, but because of youth, the team won't make it any further than that at their absolute best.

Unfortunately, chances are against us, but you never know what's possible with a line-up with so much potential.

Last edited by Undisputed : 09-07-2008 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:44 AM   #6
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

20-24 ppg would be fine.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:08 AM   #7
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

23/7 is a bit more realistic IMO

Last edited by mjbulls23 : 08-16-2008 at 10:10 AM.
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #8
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I expect Deng to first lead this team back to the playoffs, I think a season of 24ppg 7rpg 5 apg on at least 46% fg is what his target should be. I also want him to improve on his defence. other then that just continue to be himself, he's a good person who is a good face for the franchise.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #9
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrBOf...eature=related

The dunk at 1:59 into it is sick.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #10
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
I expect Deng to first lead this team back to the playoffs, I think a season of 24ppg 7rpg 5 apg on at least 46% fg is what his target should be. I also want him to improve on his defence. other then that just continue to be himself, he's a good person who is a good face for the franchise.

you guys realize that only 5 players averaged 24+ points last year? I think 18 is way more realistic... he is more of a Lamar Odom type player... 25 PPG is way too high...
Old 08-16-2008, 10:17 PM   #11
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
you guys realize that only 5 players averaged 24+ points last year? I think 18 is way more realistic... he is more of a Lamar Odom type player... 25 PPG is way too high...

IMO, he still has the potential to be better than Lamar Odom. I think he can be a much better scorer.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:23 PM   #12
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

IS WHAT HIS TARGET SHOULD BE re-read my post
Old 08-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #13
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
IS WHAT HIS TARGET SHOULD BE re-read my post

Yeah... and that target is not realistic... 18-20 PPG... that's what he will give us...
Old 08-18-2008, 08:48 AM   #14
step_back
College superstar

Quote:
Yeah... and that target is not realistic... 18-20 PPG... that's what he will give us...

Target is something he should be striving for, It's a goal that you set yourself and work to try and achieve it. We all know Deng is capable of putting up 18-20, he put up 17ppg last season with an injury.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #15
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: What do you expect from Luol Deng?

Considering we are only paying him $8 million this season, I think he will outperform that. I am expecting 20 points and 8 rebounds per game. I don't think he will get 5 assists/game, but 2 or 3 would be just fine. We have plenty of guards that will be dishing the ball out, so he doesn't need to be a facilitator. The only thing I hope he develops is a consistent 3-point shot. He doesn't need to make 100 3-pointers each year, but I would like that threat to be there so the defender has something else to think about.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: