Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #16
drwax26
High School Starter

Default Re: What do you expect from Luol Deng?

With his contract he should put up 20 points ppg/7ppg and needs to be a leader and a go to guy in the 4th quarter. As far as field goal percentage I think 48% or higher is not too much to ask since he really doesnt shoot 3 pointers all too often.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #17
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
With his contract he should put up 20 points ppg/7ppg and needs to be a leader and a go to guy in the 4th quarter. As far as field goal percentage I think 48% or higher is not too much to ask since he really doesnt shoot 3 pointers all too often.

20 and 7 should be a gimme. 22ppg+ is more like it though, for what he's getting paid! I don't know if he can be a go to guy in the 4th but it would help. After his wrist injury, I remember Deng saying in an interview he would hit the weights the following summer. He wanted to be sure it healed fully. He continued he would work on his dribbling and post up game and lastly mentioned his 3 point shot. If he adds that as a legitimate threat to his game, that would be huge for him! Go Bulls!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:44 PM   #18
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
20 and 7 should be a gimme. 22ppg+ is more like it though, for what he's getting paid! I don't know if he can be a go to guy in the 4th but it would help. After his wrist injury, I remember Deng saying in an interview he would hit the weights the following summer. He wanted to be sure it healed fully. He continued he would work on his dribbling and post up game and lastly mentioned his 3 point shot. If he adds that as a legitimate threat to his game, that would be huge for him! Go Bulls!

I was saying at least 20 and 7. You dont pay a guy that much money if you arent going to rely on him at the most critical juncture of the game especially since BG is not coming back. Deng needs to step up to the plate and get his mind right. Him and derrick rose are now the face of the bulls franchise. If he works on those other things he will be a more complete player but I def want him to be the guy that can get the team a basket when they need it.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:40 AM   #19
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

i think anything under 20 is a unacceptable.

22ppg 8rbds 4asst 49%fg 78%ft if he hits that then we have our second fiddle.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:16 AM   #20
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: What do you expect from Luol Deng?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
i think anything under 20 is a unacceptable.

22ppg 8rbds 4asst 49%fg 78%ft if he hits that then we have our second fiddle.

Who is the first fiddle in this scenario? With numbers like that, he had better be the #1 option.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:09 PM   #21
Go Getter
Wild 100's

21 PPG, 9 RPG, 4 AST.

I expect him to improve his footwork and conditioning also. Maybe add 3-5lbs of muscle, and of course an increase in b-ball IQ.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:44 AM   #22
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised to see Deng's scoring numbers go down this year. Without Gordon to spread the floor and be the #1 option, teams will be focusing on shutting Deng down. I can see him putting up great numbers if he takes a step forward, but I can also see him getting stifled and only averaging around 15-17 points/game. Just a thought.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:20 AM   #23
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Who is the first fiddle in this scenario? With numbers like that, he had better be the #1 option.
i dont see deng as a number 1 option. if hes our number 1 guy for the next 6 seasons, were in trouble. i am hoping for championships. therefore i compare every bulls team to the 90s bulls (in particular 97). and i dont even see deng being better than toni kukoc. who was the third option. not to mention as far as talent, he would be behind jordan, pip, kukoc, and rodman. id put him right with brian williams.

and to me, deng and hopefully rose is the start to another dynasty.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #24
step_back
College superstar

Quote:
i dont see deng as a number 1 option. if hes our number 1 guy for the next 6 seasons, were in trouble. i am hoping for championships. therefore i compare every bulls team to the 90s bulls (in particular 97). and i dont even see deng being better than toni kukoc. who was the third option. not to mention as far as talent, he would be behind jordan, pip, kukoc, and rodman. id put him right with brian williams.

Deng deserves more credit then that, He is determined to be an all star player and although he might not be super athletic hard work and attention to fundamentals will get him to the next level. he's only 23 he still has plenty of time to develop.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #25
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:

Okay, if you don't see Deng being better than Kukoc, I question if you even watch games.

Deng will not be our first option for six years unless it's shown that he can do so. He is a quality young player who has a lot of room to grow. I see him better suited as our second option.

Also, nice mention on Brian Williams. He's forgotten by most these days, but was a good baller. It's a shame what happend to him and his wife on that boat. Would've liked to see him play with the Bulls longer, back in the day.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #26
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

without ben gordon and with a nice new long contract he knows bulls is his career team now. he knows he will retire a bull so he is going to take it that he is going to be built around and he will feel more comfortable getting more shots in place of the gordon deal. He will also suck =)
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:54 AM   #27
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
Deng deserves more credit then that, He is determined to be an all star player and although he might not be super athletic hard work and attention to fundamentals will get him to the next level. he's only 23 he still has plenty of time to develop.
i was replying to someone who questioned me calling deng a second fiddle. dont get me wrong, i think deng is a good player but a championship no1. guy is not deng.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:01 AM   #28
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Okay, if you don't see Deng being better than Kukoc, I question if you even watch games.

Deng will not be our first option for six years unless it's shown that he can do so. He is a quality young player who has a lot of room to grow. I see him better suited as our second option.

Also, nice mention on Brian Williams. He's forgotten by most these days, but was a good baller. It's a shame what happend to him and his wife on that boat. Would've liked to see him play with the Bulls longer, back in the day.

oh i watch the bulls. and i feel kukoc has more ability than deng. maybe i should say deng right now. but i see no reason why kukoc wouldnt have been able to do what deng does now. and like i said in a previous post. i want a championship bulls team. and the bulls arent that esp. with deng as the best player.

and that how deng and gordon handled their contract situation. by saying "im the best player on the team". yeah but the team sucks.

almost like saying, im the richest guy on this ship. but the ship is sinking.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #29
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
i was replying to someone who questioned me calling deng a second fiddle. dont get me wrong, i think deng is a good player but a championship no1. guy is not deng.

I was just wondering who would be #1. Rose is not ready, and Hinrich is more of a complementary scorer. We have no choice but to make Deng our #1 guy and, maybe, run some plays for him. He's the closest thing we have on the roster.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #30
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I was just wondering who would be #1. Rose is not ready, and Hinrich is more of a complementary scorer. We have no choice but to make Deng our #1 guy and, maybe, run some plays for him. He's the closest thing we have on the roster.
thats true, i was thinking that hes a piece to an unfinished puzzle.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: