Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-15-2008, 10:04 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Thinking about it, I actually like Paxson's plan.

Rose has the potential to be a great player in the league but he's not going to come out right away like Michael Beasley and start dominating. I really like what Paxson is doing here by bringing him off the bench for Kirk Hinrich. If Rose starts playing like an all-star right away within the first couple of seasons then they can still try and trade Hinrich.

I'm serious, I really think this team has what it takes to make the playoffs and bounce back from a terrible 2007/2008 season.

PG: Kirk Hinrich/Derrick Rose
SG: Sefolosha/Hughes/Gordon
SF: Luol Deng/Nocioni
PF: Drew Gooden/Tyrus Thomas
C: Noah/Aaron Gray

That team has a lot of potential.

Just look at that bench... I mean Rose, Gordon (possibly), Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas and Aaron Gray. I'd really like to see lineup on the floor.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Thinking about it, I actually like Paxson's plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Rose has the potential to be a great player in the league but he's not going to come out right away like Michael Beasley and start dominating. I really like what Paxson is doing here by bringing him off the bench for Kirk Hinrich. If Rose starts playing like an all-star right away within the first couple of seasons then they can still try and trade Hinrich.

I'm serious, I really think this team has what it takes to make the playoffs and bounce back from a terrible 2007/2008 season.

PG: Kirk Hinrich/Derrick Rose
SG: Sefolosha/Hughes/Gordon
SF: Luol Deng/Nocioni
PF: Drew Gooden/Tyrus Thomas
C: Noah/Aaron Gray

That team has a lot of potential.

Just look at that bench... I mean Rose, Gordon (possibly), Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas and Aaron Gray. I'd really like to see lineup on the floor.

I'm with you on this one. I think Pax will see how Rose plays out. If he starts blowing up and Kirk struggles, expect Kirk to be traded by the deadline. I think the roster and coaching staff thus far will make for an entertaining season.

I think we should hold off on trades for this offseason, now. There's nothing good out there for the Bulls current budget. Patience is being used, and I'm happy to see that.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:50 AM   #3
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

I still think it's pointless to have the number 1 pick comming off the bench. Never really understood taking players high who have 'high potential', these guys are 18-early 20's, they should be solid ball players by then.

Beasley was the better choice, not only because skill wise he is better - but because he was the player that Chicago needed to go up a level. Rose might get them there...in a couple years. Except you forget to mention that you still have Kirk Hinrich - who is easily your best all-around player, one of the oldest players, and one of your highest paid players. You can't bench him. And you won't get fair market value for him if Rose becomes the player they want him to because well, the other teams in the league arn't stupid and will understand the situation. So since they haven't traded him yet, unless it's early in the season I wouldn't expect to get much for Kirk unless you have a battle with a couple teams going after him.

I still think they should of tried to get Shawn Marion with Kirk. Rose, Marion and Tyrus would of been insane in the open floor.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:01 AM   #4
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
I still think it's pointless to have the number 1 pick comming off the bench. Never really understood taking players high who have 'high potential', these guys are 18-early 20's, they should be solid ball players by then.

Beasley was the better choice, not only because skill wise he is better - but because he was the player that Chicago needed to go up a level. Rose might get them there...in a couple years. Except you forget to mention that you still have Kirk Hinrich - who is easily your best all-around player, one of the oldest players, and one of your highest paid players. You can't bench him. And you won't get fair market value for him if Rose becomes the player they want him to because well, the other teams in the league arn't stupid and will understand the situation. So since they haven't traded him yet, unless it's early in the season I wouldn't expect to get much for Kirk unless you have a battle with a couple teams going after him.

I still think they should of tried to get Shawn Marion with Kirk. Rose, Marion and Tyrus would of been insane in the open floor.

I worry about Marion's attitude too much to want him on the team. If he couldn't deal with being the 2nd scoring option on the Suns ( and reportedly ) couldn't get along Amare, is he the right kind of guy for the Bulls?

Maybe there was something legit between him and Amare but if Shawn can't handle being the 2nd option on a team making the playoffs each year, maybe he is just a bad guy to have around such a young team?
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:04 AM   #5
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12

I still think they should of tried to get Shawn Marion with Kirk.
Rose, Marion and Tyrus would of been insane in the open floor.

how much would Marion sign for realistically?
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Marion would be the number 1 option on the Bulls. He is better than Luol Deng. The ONLY thing Deng has on Marion is being able to hit a 16 foot jumper more consistantly, but Marion can go inside, outside, play defense, rebound, ect ect. And the Bulls team obviously didn't do **** last season, so they need to be mixed up a little bit...

...not to mention I want Kirk to play for a team where they HAVE a big man who can score.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:48 PM   #7
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

shawn marion isn't what the bulls need, yes hes a good rebounder, defender and shot blocker but thats about it, he's not a good jumpshooter and cannot create offense for himself. he needs to be on a team where a point guard can feed him the ball ( rose is more then likely capable ) however marion heavily relies on his athleticism over his fundamentals and at age 30 hes going to be on the decline.

we need a scoring frontcourt!!!
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: