Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
new noise
madvillain
 
new noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,481
Default USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer...ore?gameId=783

Jose goes 1-9 from the floor with 4 rebounds and zero assists. Bosh with 8 boards to lead Team USA. Led them in blocks too I believe.

Last edited by new noise : 08-16-2008 at 12:16 PM.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,050
Default Re: USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds

I hope these are the last Olympics that Calderon plays. Ricky Rubio already looks to be a better playmaker and defensive player, his shot needs work though. He'll be fully ready in 4 years. Same goes for Bosh but that's unlikely. He'll probably be there next time around.

Ugh, such meaningless games for a Raptors fan like me.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
new noise
madvillain
 
new noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,481
Default Re: USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I hope these are the last Olympics that Calderon plays. Ricky Rubio already looks to be a better playmaker and defensive player, his shot needs work though. He'll be fully ready in 4 years. Same goes for Bosh but that's unlikely. He'll probably be there next time around.

Ugh, such meaningless games for a Raptors fan like me.

It's all we have at the moment, I'll take it.

I have to think Bosh has already earned a spot on Team USA for the next time around. Calderon on the other hand will be what, 31 or 32 the next Olympics? I'm sure he'll be there but I'll be surprised if Rubio isn't the Spanish Chris Paul by that point.

PS, anyone see Bosh & Dwight's secret handshake pre-game? Double-hand-slap-into-mock-Superman-flying.

Last edited by new noise : 08-16-2008 at 01:21 PM.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
Trax416
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 484
Default Re: USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds

Bosh led the team in rebounds and blocks.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #5
kmart
No props needed
 
kmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,006
Default Re: USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds

Jose Calderon looks clueless on the Spain team the games that i watched with Spain Jose seems to turn the ball over a lot and not set up teamates. I think its because hes not comfortable with his teammates.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:04 AM   #6
bluerap
Good High School Starter
 
bluerap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 987
Default Re: USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds

This is not good for his confidence. Last year he came in with extremely high confidence because of his international play last summer. I really hope he can turn it around by the end of this tournament.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,050
Default Re: USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds

Jose is 27. He is not some young rookie whose confidence should be so easily shattered. He better be ready to play well during the season regardless of how he plays in the Olympics. You can't use this as an excuse.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #8
bballnoob
Decent college freshman
 
bballnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,923
Default Re: USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Jose Calderon looks clueless on the Spain team the games that i watched with Spain Jose seems to turn the ball over a lot and not set up teamates. I think its because hes not comfortable with his teammates.

Pretty sure he's been playing with those guys for longer than he's been playing with the Raps. Comfort shouldn't be an issue.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #9
kmart
No props needed
 
kmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,006
Default Re: USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Pretty sure he's been playing with those guys for longer than he's been playing with the Raps. Comfort shouldn't be an issue.

well something is bothering him because he looks like he is lost

I think Bosh looks great and a lot stronger if he can play like he did in the olympics and Jose Calderon doesn't play like what he is now i think we are top 4 in the east

Last edited by kmart : 08-17-2008 at 09:27 PM.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:44 PM   #10
Sekman
Great young streetballer
 
Sekman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 525
Default Re: USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
well something is bothering him because he looks like he is lost

I think Bosh looks great and a lot stronger if he can play like he did in the olympics and Jose Calderon doesn't play like what he is now i think we are top 4 in the east


Bosh does look a lot stronger, in terms of toughness and aggressiveness, which was one thing that he needed to work on before the olympics imo.
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:49 AM   #11
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm
 
RAPSCANWIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a Field of Potatoes
Posts: 916
Default Re: USA vs Spain - Raptors' Calderon almost invisible, Bosh leads US in Rebounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Jose is 27. He is not some young rookie whose confidence should be so easily shattered. He better be ready to play well during the season regardless of how he plays in the Olympics. You can't use this as an excuse.


Exactly....

Besides a few bad games isnt anything to get excited about.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy