Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #16
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: ben gordon says he's played his last game in a bulls uniform

I meant that the Bulls are just a shooting guard and center/powerforward away from contending. I shouldn't have picked two superstar players like Kobe and Dwight. Keep Ben Gordon and sign Tim Duncan and they'd be contenders. My point is they're one or two all-stars away from being legit contenders (that is if Rose really plays up to his potential).

A team of Rose, Gordon, Deng, Duncan and Noah would dominate.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:42 AM   #17
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Bye Bye, Ben
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:33 AM   #18
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Gordon is a really good asset, but he's simply commanding too much money for his worth. The Bulls can't afford it right now, nor do they need to keep him considering they'll have a lot of salary off the books in 2009 with the departure of Drew Gooden's current contract. We have a complete enough team to compete this year, so why not just let Gordon walk and sign someone that'll take this team to the next level next year? That's just my thinking on the whole situation.

I really like the idea of Kirk starting at scoring guard along side Derrick Rose at the point. That would be best. Having Larry Hughes and Sefolosha(at PG) coming off the bench would be the best way to get production out of the current roster. Not sure if the Bulls are willing to have Hughes come off the bench with his huge contract. We can't take what we seen last season into consideration because of the situation the team was in, and he came into the system in mid-season.

I think the Bulls signing another SG would be a horrible mistake. We're starving for a legit big man, that should be the focus.

Gordon def is asking for more than his worth I agree on that. First its SG- shooting guard. Second kirk would not be able to compete with other SG's on the offensive end and he would get abused defensively. Larry Hughes is a much better SG and player for that matter. The current team can compete but for what. They prolly wont make the playoffs so they def arent competing for a title. The only thing they are competing for is respect.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #19
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: ben gordon says he's played his last game in a bulls uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
Second kirk would not be able to compete with other SG's on the offensive end and he would get abused defensively. Larry Hughes is a much better SG and player for that matter.

Umm...have you watched any Bulls games in the past 5 years? Kirk is our best defensive player, and almost regularly went up against the other team's SG because Gordon was too small to do so. I can't really remember him struggling to defend anyone except Rip Hamilton, and that's because the he and the Pistons do such a good job getting him open.

And to say that Hughes is a better player than Hinrich is just ridiculous. At this point in their careers, Hinrich is a better shooter, ballhandler, defender, and leader - and he isn't injury prone.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #20
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Umm...have you watched any Bulls games in the past 5 years? Kirk is our best defensive player, and almost regularly went up against the other team's SG because Gordon was too small to do so. I can't really remember him struggling to defend anyone except Rip Hamilton, and that's because the he and the Pistons do such a good job getting him open.

And to say that Hughes is a better player than Hinrich is just ridiculous. At this point in their careers, Hinrich is a better shooter, ballhandler, defender, and leader - and he isn't injury prone.

Kirk is the BULLS best defensive player which is like saying someone is the smartest person with down syndrome it really doesnt mean much. Kirk can not compete with the top shooting guards in the league and if you think he can u need a mental evaluation. Kirk always gets into foul trouble when going against the best SG's have you seen any games cause I watch them all.Better ballhandler r u nuts. Hinrich couldnt cross me over or get to the rim for that matter. If im not losing it, I do remember Hughes was a top defensive player in washington before the injuries started to pile up. Neither of them are leaders so you can just throw that out of the equation. Kirk cant even create his own shot but larry hughes can.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #21
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: ben gordon says he's played his last game in a bulls uniform

Quote:
Kirk is the BULLS best defensive player which is like saying someone is the smartest person with down syndrome it really doesnt mean much. Kirk can not compete with the top shooting guards in the league and if you think he can u need a mental evaluation. Kirk always gets into foul trouble when going against the best SG's have you seen any games cause I watch them all.Better ballhandler r u nuts. Hinrich couldnt cross me over or get to the rim for that matter. If im not losing it, I do remember Hughes was a top defensive player in washington before the injuries started to pile up. Neither of them are leaders so you can just throw that out of the equation. Kirk cant even create his own shot but larry hughes can.

So when the Bulls were the second best defense in the league for two or three years in a row, that didn't really mean anything? And Hinrich's All-Defensive 2nd team selection two years ago? Kirk gets into foul trouble, yes, but that's only because he is still near his guy when the foul is called. Hughes is no longer the guy that was an All-Defensive 1st team selection. Injuries have slowed him down, and he can't guard the quick shooting guards like Kirk can.

If you are going to judge ballhandlers on their ability to get to the basket, then you are missing a lot of criteria. Hughes gets to the basket because he catches a pass and takes two dribbles into the paint. Hinrich gets into the lane, keeps the dribble alive, dribbles back out, and still has his head up looking for a teammate. Larry Hughes was unhappy in Cleveland because they wanted him to play PG. Hinrich is in the same position, but I don't see him complaining. I see him working his ass off to become a better PG, and the results have shown. He is much better now than he was as a rookie. And have you forgotten what Hinrich did when Gordon and Deng went down this year? He scored 38, 31, and 27 in a four game span while leading the Bulls to two victories single-handedly.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:21 PM   #22
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

did you just quote the movie Waiting? That scene in the movie is hilarious...lol
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:54 PM   #23
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
So when the Bulls were the second best defense in the league for two or three years in a row, that didn't really mean anything? And Hinrich's All-Defensive 2nd team selection two years ago? Kirk gets into foul trouble, yes, but that's only because he is still near his guy when the foul is called. Hughes is no longer the guy that was an All-Defensive 1st team selection. Injuries have slowed him down, and he can't guard the quick shooting guards like Kirk can.

If you are going to judge ballhandlers on their ability to get to the basket, then you are missing a lot of criteria. Hughes gets to the basket because he catches a pass and takes two dribbles into the paint. Hinrich gets into the lane, keeps the dribble alive, dribbles back out, and still has his head up looking for a teammate. Larry Hughes was unhappy in Cleveland because they wanted him to play PG. Hinrich is in the same position, but I don't see him complaining. I see him working his ass off to become a better PG, and the results have shown. He is much better now than he was as a rookie. And have you forgotten what Hinrich did when Gordon and Deng went down this year? He scored 38, 31, and 27 in a four game span while leading the Bulls to two victories single-handedly.

Hinrich is a decent defender thats no question the problem is i dont want him guarding guys like Kobe Vince Carter Manu Ginobili etc.Hughes is still quicker than Hinrich but def is not the same as Washington but is not that far off in terms of athleticism and Hughes is not a PG he is a SG. Hughes can have the ball at the top of the key and still get to the basket as well as finish. I didnt see too much of Hinrich throwing up many oops or driving and dumping it to a big man for the flush. Hinrich is too small to play SG Hughes is def a good 2-3inch taller than him.You pick 3 games out of 82. The overall point is Hinrich does not have the creativeness to be a good great point guard or the quickness and the ability to create his own shot to be a great shooting guard. He is very solid but is not better than Larry hughes. Think about it like this if you had larry hughes and Hinrich one on one who would you put your money on....
I did quote Waiting it is hilarious....

Last edited by drwax26 : 08-19-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #24
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Hinrich is a decent defender thats no question the problem is i dont want him guarding guys like Kobe Vince Carter Manu Ginobili etc.Hughes is still quicker than Hinrich but def is not the same as Washington but is not that far off in terms of athleticism and Hughes is not a PG he is a SG. Hughes can have the ball at the top of the key and still get to the basket as well as finish. I didnt see too much of Hinrich throwing up many oops or driving and dumping it to a big man for the flush. Hinrich is too small to play SG Hughes is def a good 2-3inch taller than him.You pick 3 games out of 82. The overall point is Hinrich does not have the creativeness to be a good great point guard or the quickness and the ability to create his own shot to be a great shooting guard. He is very solid but is not better than Larry hughes. Think about it like this if you had larry hughes and Hinrich one on one who would you put your money on....
I did quote Waiting it is hilarious....

If you don't mind me asking...who do you think are the 3 best players on the Bulls currently?

Maybe we should start a new thread for something like this; Who are 3 best players currently?
Who are your 3 favorite Bulls players?
and Which 3 players do you believe will be most valuable to the Bulls in the future?

Anyone interested or is this not worthy of more discussion?

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 08-19-2008 at 09:33 PM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:14 PM   #25
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
If you don't mind me asking...who do you think are the 3 best players on the Bulls currently?

Maybe we should start a new thread for something like this; Who are 3 best players currently?
Who are your 3 favorite Bulls players?
and Which 3 players do you believe will be most valuable to the Bulls in the future?

Anyone interested or is this not worthy a more discussion?

Start a new thread I would be more than happy to add my opinion....
Old 08-19-2008, 08:41 PM   #26
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Well I haven't seen Rose play in an NBA game yet so going by current players I'd say my 3 favorite are...

1.) Luol Deng
2.) Kirk Hinrich
3.) Andres Nocioni
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:22 PM   #27
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
First its SG- shooting guard.

I know SG is shooting guard. I refer to it as scoring guard at times. The objective for a shooting guard is to score. Same difference.

If we're going to be pointing out technicalities, I can go all day on you and your lack of proper grammar. Doesn't mean you don't know how to use it, right?
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #28
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I know SG is shooting guard. I refer to it as scoring guard at times. The objective for a shooting guard is to score. Same difference.

If we're going to be pointing out technicalities, I can go all day on you and your lack of proper grammar. Doesn't mean you don't know how to use it, right?

I was joking with you. Dont get your knickers all twisted up....
Old 08-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #29
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
Rumor is that the Rockets might be looking to dump Luther Head so they can re-sign Some of their front-court guys. Head has a small contract that expires in a year and he is damn good 3-point shooter...
I wouldn't mind having Luther on the Bulls. What about the rest of you guys?

that deal wouldnt make sense cuz they are adding another guard....if and when they move gordon it would be for a PF or C.....
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:55 PM   #30
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I was joking with you. Dont get your knickers all twisted up....

No knickers twisted here, hahaha. Never heard that one before.

Just was wondering why you felt the need to correct it.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: