Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-23-2008, 06:18 PM   #31
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: ben gordon says he's played his last game in a bulls uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Greedy piece of ****. I loved BG for a long time, but it's apparently over. More money for 2010-11. Sefolosha has a real chance to shine now.

Agreed. Except I started to dislike Gordon at the start of the season when he turned down 10 million a year. Fcking stupid.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #32
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: ben gordon says he's played his last game in a bulls uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Agreed. Except I started to dislike Gordon at the start of the season when he turned down 10 million a year. Fcking stupid.

Agreed.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #33
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=232078

Quote:
Multiple Internet reports based in Europe suggested Tuesday that Bulls guard Ben Gordon has had talks with overseas power CSKA Moscow about signing a one-year contract...One site pegged CSKA's offer at $5.5 million.

Well, since nobody has commented on this yet, and he doesn't deserve another thread on this board, I may as well post this here. I just hope Paxson doesn't flip out and up his offer for Gordon.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #34
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=232078

Well, since nobody has commented on this yet, and he doesn't deserve another thread on this board, I may as well post this here. I just hope Paxson doesn't flip out and up his offer for Gordon.

Gordon has an ego that this young team doesn't need. He's holding up our offseason, it's ridiculous.

I don't even want the Bulls to sign him for a year, or any kind of contract for that matter. We've all learned something about Ben this year, including other NBA teams. No coincidence that an NBA team didn't even try to sign him to an offer sheet yet. I want Ben Gordon gone, I'll be upset to see him in a Bulls uniform again after what has gone down so far.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #35
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Everyone here seems to be putting their a bias on this transaction. I can easily, totally agree, I dont think he's worth 12 million. But to sit back from a third person perspective and get angry or say he's selfish or greedy is totally stupid as a fan.

Is Gordon not the top scorer on the team (from the bench I might add)?
When it boils down to a last possesion shot of the game, who's most likely to get the ball?
Did he not sit back and watch them sign 3 what can be considered "overpriced" contracts (Wallace, Nocioni, Deng)?
Would you be happy to get paid less than Larry Hughes?

Dont answer that last question ... But I mean seriously... some of you people need to stop with the noise. Its fine to all agree that we all might not think he's worth it, but to seemingly not understand where he's coming from or call it greedy is stupid.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #36
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

beasted86 Ben gordon is the teams leading scorer but he's not the most efficient. Ben is a undersized 2 guard who creates defensive mismatches. in chicago his best role is to come off the bench to score points in the 4th quater like his rookie season. he is a 6th man and I don't see how he could become anything more in chicago and if he wants 10-12 million to stay then were better of without him because we would be crippling ourselves to take on that kind of contract for him.

I still like Ben gordon, but it's time to part ways with him.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #37
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
Is Gordon not the top scorer on the team (from the bench I might add)?
When it boils down to a last possesion shot of the game, who's most likely to get the ball?
Did he not sit back and watch them sign 3 what can be considered "overpriced" contracts (Wallace, Nocioni, Deng)?
Would you be happy to get paid less than Larry Hughes?

Gordon was the top scorer, but he is not a real bench player. He played the second most minutes/game on the team last year, behind Deng. In those minutes, he put up more shots than Deng and made a lower percentage.

As for the last minute shots, he hasn't made enough to make up for the amount that he missed and the ones where he didn't even get a shot off because all he did was dribble at the 3-point line and lose it after getting double-teamed.

I can see where he might not like seeing other guys get big contracts, but it's not like the Bulls were offering him the MLE. He got a great offer last season and another one this offseason. I don't care what he says, he will never be more important to this team than Deng until he forgets about shooting every time he gets his hands on the ball and becomes a real teammate.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #38
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I don't care what he says, he will never be more important to this team than Deng until he forgets about shooting every time he gets his hands on the ball and becomes a real teammate.

Like I've already told you all, I totally agree that I dont think he's worth the 12 mill a season, but you still gotta understand...

Here's the scenario, Deng turns down 10 mill a season last year, puts up much lower points, lower rebounds, lower percentages, gets injured for a large number of games, and somehow still gets more than what he turned down last summer...

Gordon does the same thing, but his numbers are actually closer to last year than Deng's were, stays healthier, asks for a raise over the 10 mill, and all of a sudden its out of the question. All of a sudden, he's the bad guy, he is the worst person in the world... I mean COME ON... We're not talking about a 5 mill difference... were talking 2 mill... still less than Hughes makes. Although we all might agree he's pushing it asking for that 2 extra mill, I can see his and his agent's point of view. To go on, and on, like F**K him, blah, blah, blah... just sounds dumb. Thats all I was saying.

Last edited by beasted86 : 09-03-2008 at 06:04 PM.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:20 PM   #39
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

I agree. Not to mention Captain Whack (Kirk) is overpaid even though he has a top heavy contract. Deng is more consistent than BG and shoots better 2 pointers. Ben is lights out from 3 land. Not to mention a much better free throw shooter than Deng as well. So to recap the only thing Deng has on BG is he is about 3 yrs younger and is the right size for his position. Deng is def not a person you can rely on to carry the team and I would not trust him to take the last shot because he is not a closer. But to the idiots saying he is holding up other moves u all are stupid. If the bulls really wanted to do a deal they would already. The management is whack and has no balls. Look at the heat they just signed magloire. We could of used magloire to shore up the center position did we NOOOOO!!!! There have been a number of moves that could have been made but they werent so stop your *****ing and just realize the bulls are not making the playoffs and not contending any time soon.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #40
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
I agree. Not to mention Captain Whack (Kirk) is overpaid even though he has a top heavy contract. Deng is more consistent than BG and shoots better 2 pointers. Ben is lights out from 3 land. Not to mention a much better free throw shooter than Deng as well. So to recap the only thing Deng has on BG is he is about 3 yrs younger and is the right size for his position. Deng is def not a person you can rely on to carry the team and I would not trust him to take the last shot because he is not a closer. But to the idiots saying he is holding up other moves u all are stupid. If the bulls really wanted to do a deal they would already. The management is whack and has no balls. Look at the heat they just signed magloire. We could of used magloire to shore up the center position did we NOOOOO!!!! There have been a number of moves that could have been made but they werent so stop your *****ing and just realize the bulls are not making the playoffs and not contending any time soon.

You're the one doing all the bitching. In every thread you're whining about the Bulls making no trade. Shut up about it allready.

The management has been saying since the seasons end that there will be no moves until Deng and Gordon's contract situations are solved. Gordon's situation isn't solved, so it looks like they are true to the words so far

September is the month of trades, so don't speak too soon. If there are no trades, there will be a ton if this team doesn't produce this coming season. Don't be suprised if by mid-season some star players on underachieving are on the market.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #41
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
You're the one doing all the bitching. In every thread you're whining about the Bulls making no trade. Shut up about it allready.

The management has been saying since the seasons end that there will be no moves until Deng and Gordon's contract situations are solved. Gordon's situation isn't solved, so it looks like they are true to the words so far

September is the month of trades, so don't speak too soon. If there are no trades, there will be a ton if this team doesn't produce this coming season. Don't be suprised if by mid-season some star players on underachieving are on the market.

I wasnt *****ing i mentioned the facts. You dont even say anything insight ful in any of your threads so u just need to quit posting. You dont let things happen you make things happen. If they really wanna pull off other trades than do that instead of letting someone dictate what you do. Thats why u and the bulls management are sorry as hell. September trades I wont hold my breathe for the bulls to make one. We wont grab a star are u kidding. Paxson is too afraid to give up on our underachieving young "Talent" if u can call them that. All your responses to mine were garbage learn how to post you douche bag.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #42
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Quote:
I wasnt *****ing i mentioned the facts.

You're not listing any sort of facts at all. What you've said is personal perspective, but you seem too stupid to understand that. What you are doing is definitely bitching.

Quote:
You dont even say anything insight ful in any of your threads so u just need to quit posting.

You're entitled to your opinion, but coming from a poster who is too lazy to type out the word, "you", a three letter word, is hardly offensive. Everything I read from you is whiney and pessimistic.

Quote:
You dont let things happen you make things happen. If they really wanna pull off other trades than do that instead of letting someone dictate what you do. Thats why u and the bulls management are sorry as hell. September trades I wont hold my breathe for the bulls to make one. We wont grab a star are u kidding. Paxson is too afraid to give up on our underachieving young "Talent" if u can call them that. All your responses to mine were garbage learn how to post you douche bag.

You make running an NBA basketball team seem like 1st grade schoolwork. Unfortunately making trades in the league is no easy business, and you have to do whats best for your team in the long run. One wrong move sets a team back for years. There's a think called the salary cap, do you homework on it so you understand .

The Bulls are not in win now mode. You're correct, we won't get a superstar player this year, but we drop a load of contracts in 2009 and 2010. In the mean time, we get to see Rose and Deng excel. Those two players make us a superstar away from contending. As a Bulls fan, I'm not complaining. Success is now in the near future.

Quit acting like a teenage girl on her period allready, Wax.

Last edited by Undisputed : 09-03-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #43
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
You're not listing any sort of facts at all. What you've said is personal perspective, but you seem too stupid to understand that. What you are doing is definitely bitching.

You're entitled to your opinion, but coming from a poster who is too lazy to type out the word, "you", a three letter word, is hardly offensive. Everything I read from you is whiney and pessimistic.

You make running an NBA basketball team seem like 1st grade schoolwork. Unfortunately making trades in the league is no easy business, and you have to do whats best for your team in the long run. One wrong move sets a team back for years. There's a think called the salary cap, do you homework on it so you understand .

The Bulls are not in win now mode. You're correct, we won't get a superstar player this year, but we drop a load of contracts in 2009 and 2010. In the mean time, we get to see Rose and Deng excel. Those two players make us a superstar away from contending. As a Bulls fan, I'm not complaining. Success is now in the near future.

Quit acting like a teenage girl on her period allready, Wax.

Running a basketball team takes countless hours of preparation, knowing the market, BB IQ, etc. I know all that. Paxson is not a good GM. He has made countless bad moves and has missed many potential advantageous trades.

Fact: Deng is more consistent than BG and shoots better 2 pointers. Ben is lights out from 3 land. Not to mention a much better free throw shooter than Deng as well. So to recap the only thing Deng has on BG is he is about 3 yrs younger and is the right size for his position. Deng is def not a person you can rely on to carry the team and I would not trust him to take the last shot because he is not a closer.

Fact: The bulls management believes in the group of guys they have now even if the rest of us dont. Kirk hinrich is overpaid which is also a fact.

So i actually did mention facts but u are too much of an idiot because u try to respond negatively than actually reading what someone says. Then i spell you as u so what are u really going to sweat the small stuff. You said think and meant to say thing and you spelled already with 2 L's but do u see me *****ing about it no. Pull off your panties and put on some real man underwear then come try to debate with me .
Old 09-03-2008, 10:41 PM   #44
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Quote:
Running a basketball team takes countless hours of preparation, knowing the market, BB IQ, etc. I know all that. Paxson is not a good GM. He has made countless bad moves and has missed many potential advantageous trades.

Fact: Deng is more consistent than BG and shoots better 2 pointers. Ben is lights out from 3 land. Not to mention a much better free throw shooter than Deng as well. So to recap the only thing Deng has on BG is he is about 3 yrs younger and is the right size for his position. Deng is def not a person you can rely on to carry the team and I would not trust him to take the last shot because he is not a closer.

Fact: The bulls management believes in the group of guys they have now even if the rest of us dont. Kirk hinrich is overpaid which is also a fact.

Deng should definitely not be our first option. Everyone knows that, but you forget that we have Larry Hughes and Sefolosha to take over if we lose him. Larry Hughes is a SG, Cleveland liked to use him as a PG which he was never happy with.

I will hardly miss Gordon's defense, since he's undersized. I also will not miss, like other have said, Gordon running around dribbling then getting stuffed at the 3 point line in clutch moments. He's useless when he's double teamed, and you want HIM to be our closer? Other teams have figured out that we go to Gordon for big shots, and he's way too easy to shut down.

This team is only short term, Wax. The core players will be Tyrus(if he shows he can improve), Deng, and Rose. Gooden is gone in '09, and Hughes is gone in 2010, and ANOTHER huge contract. So by 2010, we're pulling in that allstar you're lusting. Kirk will be traded. If not this year by mid-season, for sure next season if Rose is a success.

Deng is more valuable to us in his role, than what Gordon is to us as our closer.

Quote:
So i actually did mention facts but u are too much of an idiot because u try to respond negatively than actually reading what someone says. Then i spell you as u so what are u really going to sweat the small stuff. You said think and meant to say thing and you spelled already with 2 L's but do u see me *****ing about it no. Pull off your panties and put on some real man underwear then come try to debate with me .

Whoa, you started the negative comments, here.

Quote:
But to the idiots saying he is holding up other moves u all are stupid

Several posts before that I had said....

Quote:
Gordon has an ego that this young team doesn't need. He's holding up our offseason, it's ridiculous.

Obvious attack on me, and other who agrees with that. Don't be suprised when someone isn't so polite.

There's a difference between common typo's and being too much of a lazy fuck to spell out the word you, and definitely. Attempt to use some sort of grammar rules. It's annoying as hell to read. Makes you look like a 10 year old who just learned how to type. I don't expect perfection.

Last edited by Undisputed : 09-04-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:30 PM   #45
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Deng should definitely not be our first option. Everyone knows that, but you forget that we have Larry Hughes and Sefolosha to take over if we lose him. Larry Hughes is a SG, Cleveland liked to use him as a PG which he was never happy with.

I will hardly miss Gordon's defense, since he's undersized. I also will not miss, like other have said, Gordon running around dripping then getting stuff at the 3 point line in clutch moments. He's useless when he's double teamed, and you want HIM to be our closer? Other teams have figured out that we go to Gordon for big shots, and he's way too easy to shut down.

This team is only short term, Wax. The core players will be Tyrus(if he shows he can improve), Deng, and Rose. Gooden is gone in '09, and Hughes is gone in 2010, and ANOTHER huge contract. So by 2010, we're pulling in that allstar you're lusting. Kirk will be traded. If not this year by mid-season, for sure next season if Rose is a success.

Deng is more valuable to us in his role, than what Gordon is to us as our closer.

Whoa, you started the negative comments, here.

Several posts before that I had said....

Obvious attack on me, and other who agrees with that. Don't be suprised when someone isn't so polite.

There's a difference between common typo's and being too much of a lazy fuck to spell out the word you, and definitely. Attempt to use some sort of grammar rules. It's annoying as hell to read. Makes you look like a 10 year old who just learned how to type. I don't expect perfection.

You are still hung up on spelling you as u. Grow up man. You do not have the best grammar but I do not point it out cause i know what you are saying. if YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND IT THEN IT ALL MAKES SENSE. First you need an attractive team to attract a superstar. We will know this yr if TT pans out. Deng will always be solid but then who else lol.
I agree about gordon.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: