Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #16
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: You need Hi-Def Cable for PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
You have the earlier tv models and those don't have hdmi inputs, all tv that came out after 05 pretty much have one. What model do you have? Why didn't you bother checking the of back of tv before you order?

You have no choice and go with components.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5651640

Just go to your local store and pick one up for 19$.

PS3 supports both, you just have to set it through the menu.

I know, he just mentioned that his TV only outputs up to 1080i and the best picture is realized through HDMI on a TV that outputs 1080p

for ~LA's fine$t~,
As bigkingsfan suggested, you'll need to go with the component cables. Also, a suggestion, if your TV can output 720p go with that setting instead of 1080i…
progressive >>> interlaced
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #17
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
I know, he just mentioned that his TV only outputs up to 1080i and the best picture is realized through HDMI on a TV that outputs 1080p

for ~LA's fine$t~,
As bigkingsfan suggested, you'll need to go with the component cables. Also, a suggestion, if your TV can output 720p go with that setting instead of 1080i…
progressive >>> interlaced

Thanks for all of your help guys, I will end up buying the component cable and use the HI-Def cable for my plasma in the living room. I will set it up for 780P on my TV when I get the component cable.

I have a 6-7 year old Samsung 42 inch HDTV (it actually says that on top right) so I figured I had that option but oh well, I'll use that cable on my 60 inch plasma when I come back home.

I'm actually in Canada now for the next year, going to University. Well I'm finishing my apprenticeship studies this Friday and start school in September.

But my girl has a 42 inch plasma (2006) in her living room and I'm positive it's 1080P so I'll use it until I get home.

Again, thanks for all your help Sonic, Kings and Thorpe.
~LA's fine$t~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #18
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here

I just double checked my TV and the plasma in the living room.
My TV only supports 1080i/480p/480i and the plasma supports 1080p.

Is it even worth buying the component cable if my TV supports 1080i or 480p?
I mean is the difference noticeable?

Future shop here in Canada has the component cable for 24.99
~LA's fine$t~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:52 PM   #19
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The component is an upgrade over the composite cables that the ps3 is bundle with.

What's Futureshop return policy? You can just buy one for the sakes of testing.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:14 PM   #20
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

YES! get the component cables…

Code:
Component >>> S-Video >>>>>>>>> Composite >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RF
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: