PDA

View Full Version : How will Miami stop the Lakers frontcourt?

Pages : [1] 2

CP_Hornet
08-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Just curous, if Bynum is healthy he is going to cause them huge problems. Will Wade/Lebron brillant play be enough in a series with L.A's length?

Heat_Fan21
08-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Joel can handle Bynum.He won't shut him down completely but Bynum won't be able to score easily.Gasol and Bosh cancel eachother out.I also think Odom and Miller cancel eachother out.

fatboy11
08-16-2010, 04:05 PM
They won't. They can't. There's no way they can contain Gasol, Bynum, Odom, and Artest. Too many options there.

kabalcage
08-16-2010, 04:10 PM
They could put LeBron at PF/C and just run the Lakers right out of the building. It's worth a shot.

If the Heat played straight up with their normal rotation, they'll be in a losing battle in the frontcourt.

SourGrapes
08-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Joel can handle Bynum.He won't shut him down completely but Bynum won't be able to score easily.Gasol and Bosh cancel eachother out.I also think Odom and Miller cancel eachother out.

i disagree with most of this, but especially joel and bynum

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 04:16 PM
We're being hysterical here.

Anthony and Haslem are very good defenders. Bosh gives you height and so does Ilgauskas.

My question is how will Lakers stop LeBron and D-Wade?

PK3434
08-16-2010, 04:18 PM
lets be honest...theres no way bynum will be healthy.

Basketman
08-16-2010, 04:20 PM
2 words: Foul Trouble

opps
08-16-2010, 04:21 PM

This is all they can do. Pray for a Bynum injury.

SourGrapes
08-16-2010, 04:23 PM

Anthony and Haslem are very good defenders. Bosh gives you height and so does Ilgauskas.

not tall enough. skill and strength only get you so far

hawksdogsbraves
08-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Do you really think that Pau Gasol can out-rebound Lebron James if he makes a concerted effort to play inside and pound the glass? Sure he has 2 or 3 inches on him, but if Lebron devotes himself to out-rebound Pau then he is going to win that battle. Same deal with Bosh and Bynum.

Also I'll bet you that Bynum gets injured badly again this season, just a feeling.

opps
08-16-2010, 04:27 PM

:no: Anthony wont do anything. Lakers always dominate small PF & C's (ex Boozer,Millsap,etc). The size is too much. & Bosh does not cancel out Gasol. Gasol goes to work on Amare,Garnett,Ducan,etc ... he does not struggle with scoring or defending with these PF & Bosh will be no exception. Bosh will have harder time with Gasol,than Gasol will have with him. & Miller and Odom are two differnet types of players so I dont think they cancel each other out. They are things that Odom does that Miller cant & vice versa. But the Lakers bench is much better than Miami's.

game3524
08-16-2010, 04:27 PM
They won't, the only team that can beat LA is a healthy Celtics team. They have the bodies to throw at LA's frontcourt, Miami simply doesn't.

opps
08-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Do you really think that Pau Gasol can out-rebound Lebron James if he makes a concerted effort to play inside and pound the glass? Sure he has 2 or 3 inches on him, but if Lebron devotes himself to out-rebound Pau then he is going to win that battle. Same deal with Bosh and Bynum.

:wtf: if they are depending on Lebron to be an elite rebounder :lol no chance.

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 04:29 PM
not tall enough. skill and strength only get you so far
lol

Ilgauskas 7'3"
Magloire 6'11"
Bosh 6'10"
Pittman 6'10"
Randolph 6'10"

And you're underestimating shorter players which is a foolish thing to do.

Bynum 7'0"
Gasol 7'0"
Odom 6'10"
Ratliff 6'10"

Looks like Miami has the advantage in frontcourt category size wise. Don't you think?

game3524
08-16-2010, 04:32 PM
lol

Ilgauskas 7'3"
Magloire 6'11"
Bosh 6'10"
Pittman 6'10"
Randolph 6'10"

Bynum 7'0"
Gasol 7'0"
Odom 6'10"
Ratliff 6'10"

Looks like Miami has the advantage in frontcourt category size wise. Don't you think?

LA's big guys are actually good, the only guy who is decent out of that group is Bosh. The truth is the Heat's best post defenders are under 6-10, that may be a problem

opps
08-16-2010, 04:32 PM
lol

Ilgauskas 7'3"
Magloire 6'11"
Bosh 6'10"
Pittman 6'10"
Randolph 6'10"

Bynum 7'0"
Gasol 7'0"
Odom 6'10"
Ratliff 6'10"

No they dont. everyone knows that LA has the size advantage. 2 7'0 footers.
& I hope Miami plays with Ilgauskas old a**.

All Net
08-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Another thing saying Pau and Bynum are just 7'0 is abit wrong. They are both 7'1. I've seen that first hand. Their arms are so long it makes them even tougher to cover.

G-Funk
08-16-2010, 04:37 PM
They could put LeBron at PF/C and just run the Lakers right out of the building. It's worth a shot.

If the Heat played straight up with their normal rotation, they'll be in a losing battle in the frontcourt.

Lakers would win that battle too, Look what they did to the best offensive team in the NBA during the WCF, out scored them. It would be no Different. Lakers will just move Gasol to Center and start Odom.

G-Funk
08-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Another thing saying Pau and Bynum are just 7'0 is abit wrong. They are both 7'1. I've seen that first hand. Their arms are so long it makes them even tougher to cover.

Bynum has the wing span of a 7'6 guy. Heat won't do a better job than what the C's did. No team ever will.

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Don't be foolish. It's a game of chess, heat have more pawns. More bodies to throw at Lakers frontcourt. You can say all shit you want but that frontcourt only dominated the first two series of the playoffs.

SourGrapes
08-16-2010, 04:40 PM
lol

Ilgauskas 7'3"
Magloire 6'11"
Bosh 6'10"
Pittman 6'10"
Randolph 6'10"

Bynum 7'0"
Gasol 7'0"
Odom 6'10"
Ratliff 6'10"

no i do not

HiphopRelated
08-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Kobe will stop the Lakers frontcourt

lol @ thinking they'll get enough touches for it to even matter

kabalcage
08-16-2010, 04:41 PM
lol

Ilgauskas 7'3"
Magloire 6'11"
Bosh 6'10"
Pittman 6'10"
Randolph 6'10"

Bynum 7'0"
Gasol 7'0"
Odom 6'10"
Ratliff 6'10"

Those guys suck / washed up. Lakers win the front court battle decisively.

BFRESH44
08-16-2010, 04:43 PM
How will the Lakers stop a Lebron/Bosh pick and roll, with D.Wade hard cutting from the baseline, and Mike Miller camped out on the wing awaiting his wideopen 3 point set shot? :confusedshrug:

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 04:43 PM
LMAO because Lakers dominated a much shorter team in Boston.... yeah get the hell outta here.

game3524
08-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Don't be foolish. It's a game of chess, heat have more pawns. More bodies to throw at Lakers frontcourt. You can say all shit you want but that frontcourt only dominated the first two series of the playoffs.

And those bodies for the most part suck, their best post defenders are under 6-10, 6-8 in Haslem's case.

LA is just as versalite, they can matchup with Miami whether they go big or small. That Frontcourt was the reason why they beat Boston in the finals, whom IMO have the only roster that can hang with LA in a 7 game series.

G-Funk
08-16-2010, 04:44 PM

Actually Lakers do. It starts with their bigs, to the best player in the league, to the better bench. You need height to contend with the Lakers bigs. Gasol and Bynum love shooting over players. The only Heat player you got who can put up a hand up reasonably high enough is old as f***.

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 04:46 PM
And yet Boston took you to 7 games with no one bigger than anyone in Lakers frontcourt.

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 04:47 PM
And those bodies for the most part suck, their best post defenders are under 6-10, 6-8 in Haslem's case.

LA is just as versalite, they can matchup with Miami whether they go big or small. That Frontcourt was the reason why they beat Boston in the finals, whom IMO have the only roster that can hang with LA in a 7 game series.
They can't match up if Miami goes small. This is a joke.

Bring-Your-Js
No they dont. everyone knows that LA has the size advantage. 2 7'0 footers.
& I hope Miami plays with Ilgauskas old a**.
+1

There isn't any combination of bigs Miami can put on the floor and come out with a decided advantage. Quite the opposite.

game3524
LMAO because Lakers dominated a much shorter team in Boston.... yeah get the hell outta here.

Perkins is one of the best post defenders in the NBA, KG is on the decline but he is still one of the better defenders at the 4, better then Bosh. And Sheed's length gave both Pau and Bynum trouble.

The Heat don't have this, Magloire sucks, and Z can only go for 20-25 minutes and he is as slow as a snail. Haslem and Anthony are good post defenders, but are still undersize. As a philly fan, I can tell you that Randolph sucks.

Miami is nothing like Boston.

barbaroi
You think you are dealing with Shaq or Dwight here? The Lakers bigs can actually shoot free throws well. You can't just "throw bodies at them." :lol You better pray Spo has a more strategic mind than yours.

Heat_Fan21
08-16-2010, 04:49 PM
The Heat and the Lakers have different advantages.The Lakers never faced a team like the Heat.Wade an James are two of the top 3 players in the entire league.The Heat will also have to deal with the Lakers height and skill in the front court.However,Bynum never makes it through a full season healthy.I also think the Bench is overrated,especially in the finals.

Bigsmoke
08-16-2010, 04:50 PM
who's gonna stop Bosh again?

Nets fan 93
08-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Miller? he is a SF that would battle it out with Barnes. Udonis Haslem and Lamar Odom would be battling it out.

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 04:51 PM

Also I'll bet you that Bynum gets injured badly again this season, just a feeling.
:roll: :roll:
Nobody else caught this post? Lebron James is going to outrebound Gasol now? Gasol didn't shrink over the summer; he has 4-5 inches on Lebron, not 2 or 3 like you claim.

And what's with all this hoping for Bynum to get injured? That's pretty pathetic.

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 04:52 PM
You think you are dealing with Shaq or Dwight here? The Lakers bigs can actually shoot free throws well. You can't just "throw bodies at them." :lol You better pray Spo has a more strategic mind than yours.
Yeah :facepalm how foolish of me to point that Miami has 5 6'10" or higher guys and two very good post defenders in Haslem and Anthony... and we're not even mentioning what LeBron and Wade will do to your 7 footers and so called "best wing defenders". After first half you will play Ratliff with Caracter in your front court :applause:

SourGrapes
08-16-2010, 04:52 PM

gasol should do well against him...

look up their head to head if you are interested

G-Funk
08-16-2010, 04:53 PM
How will the Lakers stop a Lebron/Bosh pick and roll, with D.Wade hard cutting from the baseline, and Mike Miller camped out on the wing awaiting his wideopen 3 point set shot? :confusedshrug:

Switch on defense, Have Artest run trough the picknroll. keep a body on Miller at all times with Barnes on him, and put Kobe on Wade and clog the paint with our bigs so Wade can't drive in as easily and force him to take a jumper instead of a layup or dunk. That's the least they can do. unfortuantly for the Heat you can't teach height.

Batz
08-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Gasol and Bynum basically just cancels out a Bosh with limited touches.

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Gasol. Head to head:

Gasol - 21.1/9.1/2.5 55%
Bosh - 16.5/8.6/2.0 45%

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Switch on defense, Have artest run trough the picknroll. keep a body on Miller at all times with Barnes on him, and put Kobe on Wade and clog the paint with our bigs so Wade can't drive in as easily and force him to take a jumper instead of a layup or dunk. That's the least they can do. unfortuantly for the Heat you can't teach height.
WOW :lol

Bring-Your-Js
08-16-2010, 04:56 PM

That's a place he'd rather not go. It reads something to the tune of Gasol 21/9 on 55% vs. Bosh 16/8 on 44%.

game3524
Switch on defense, Have artest run trough the picknroll. keep a body on Miller at all times with Barnes on him, and put Kobe on Wade and clog the paint with our bigs so Wade can't drive in as easily and force him to take a jumper instead of a layup or dunk. That's the least they can do. unfortuantly for the Heat you can't teach height.

Exactly.

Eventually LA wears you down, the problem is even that they are tall, but they are tall and skilled and both Bynum and Gasol can finish around the basket, and then you add Odom........

Heat_Fan21
Gasol. Head to head:

Gasol - 21.1/9.1/2.5 55%
Bosh - 16.5/8.6/2.0 45%

I am sure Bosh will benefit from playing with Wade and James,the same way Gasol did by playing with Kobe.

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Gasol. Head to head:

Gasol - 21.1/9.1/2.5 55%
Bosh - 16.5/8.6/2.0 45%
No that's bullshit. You can't do head to head stats because Bynum is always in there so more often than Bosh player against Bynum as well. but nice try

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah :facepalm how foolish of me to point that Miami has 5 6'10" or higher guys and two very good post defenders in Haslem and Anthony... and we're not even mentioning what LeBron and Wade will do to your 7 footers and so called "best wing defenders". After first half you will play Ratliff with Caracter in your front court :applause:
Yea :oldlol: Pau Gasol hasn't fouled out of a single game in 3 years as a Laker, but you're going to get him into foul trouble in every game of a 7 game series? Don't think so.

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Exactly.

Eventually LA wears you down, the problem is even that they are tall, but they are tall and skilled and both Bynum and Gasol can finish around the basket, and then you add Odom........
No Wade and LeBron will wear you down and the Bosh will just finish you off.

game3524
08-16-2010, 04:58 PM

Their best post defendsrs are undersize, that won't get it down in a 7 game series. Boston 6-10 and up guys are all good defenders, none of Miami's 6-10 guys are any good.

SourGrapes
08-16-2010, 04:59 PM
No that's bullshit. You can't do head to head stats because Bynum is always in there so more often than Bosh player against Bynum as well. but nice try

try speaking coherently.

and if you mean bynum will adversely effect gasol-bosh, you're foolish

game3524
08-16-2010, 04:59 PM
No Wade and LeBron will wear you down and the Bosh will just finish you off.

If you can't matchup with LA's frontcourt, you will not win. LA has the personnel to make adjustments on Wade and Bron, Miami doesn't have the height to battle with LA.

G-Funk
08-16-2010, 05:03 PM

Didn't the C's have the best defensive bigs in the NBA last year? and they were all arond 6'10 and look what happend with them.

Sheed+Garnett+Baby+Perkings> Heat's Bigs

I can't really say much about the whistles, only thing I can say is that is a pretty sad way to win.

PowerGlove
I guess I must have missed the memo that every other NBA team is going to lay down and let these two make the Finals.

Bring-Your-Js
If you can't matchup with LA's frontcourt, you will not win. LA has the personnel to make adjustments on Wade and Bron, Miami doesn't have the height to battle with LA.

Particularly because of the Matt Barnes signing.

All Net
08-16-2010, 05:06 PM
And yet Boston took you to 7 games with no one bigger than anyone in Lakers frontcourt.

Are you serious? Boston had 3 legit post defenders and maybe the best post defender center. Hardly comparable.

QuebecBaller
08-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Before we can find an answer for this, we must ask these questions first

1- How will Miami stop the Celtics frontcourt?

2- How will Miami stop the Magics frontcourt?

3- How will Miami stop the Bulls frontcourt?

:oldlol:

game3524
08-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Are you serious? Boston had 3 legit post defenders and maybe the best post defender center. Hardly comparable.

Yeah, that is what he keep overlooking.

Batz
08-16-2010, 05:14 PM
This. And lets not forget having to match Bryant.

Only team who did have the frontcourt to match was Boston. But there was no primary lockdown defender for Bryant, causing the Celtics to zone him with Ray Allen primarilly on him, causing him to suck and they eventually lost. But they went to 7 games down the wire. They were the closest.

You match the frontcourt and it's a series. You match the frontcourt and Kobe, you win.

Deadpool
We will see how effective Lakers frountcourt is against Miami when they play during the season, I can promise you it's not gonna be pretty.

So now Kobe can guard Wade and Artest and Barnes can guard LeBron all of the sudden but Bosh can't guard Gasol and Ilgauskas or Anthony can't guard Bynum. :applause:

Beautiful logic.

whatever666
How will Miami stop the Lakers frontcourt

and

How will LA stop the Miami backcourt

That is the question...

Personally i think Lakers have higher level of disadvantage against Heat than vice versa... but ok, we shall see next season.

SourGrapes
08-16-2010, 05:17 PM
We will see how effective Lakers frountcourt is against Miami when they play during the season, I can promise you it's not gonna be pretty.

So now Kobe can guard Wade and Artest and Barnes can guard LeBron all of the sudden but Bosh can't guard Gasol and Ilgauskas or Anthony can't guard Bynum. :applause:

Beautiful logic.

the heat can't really stop the laker's front court, and the lakers can't really stop the heat's perimeter... that's the point

game3524
08-16-2010, 05:18 PM

Beautiful logic.

They can't, I don't see how that is hard to understand. Kobe is still a great defender, and you never going to stop Lebron, but Artest is one of the better options to put on him. Bosh is soft and is below average defender, Z is too old and can only go for 20-25 minutes a night, and Anthony is 6-9.

All Net
08-16-2010, 05:19 PM
How will Miami stop the Lakers frontcourt

and

How will LA stop the Miami backcourt

That is the question...

That will decide this series if it happens. Luckily for L.A having options like Artest and Barnes to guard Wade/Lebron is going to help alot compared to who Miami will put on L.A's bigs.

sodap
08-16-2010, 05:20 PM
in my humble opinion if kobe and artest can guard wade and lebron properly, miami will have no chance to win a series. That is if they get past celtics.

Batz
08-16-2010, 05:20 PM
the heat can't really stop the laker's front court, and the lakers can't really stop the heat's perimeter... that's the point
It definately is. Though the Lakers have better talent and defense on the perimeter to match than the Miami does with their backcourt. But it still won't be easy for the Lakers either.

Bring-Your-Js
08-16-2010, 05:22 PM
That will decide this series if it happens. Luckily for L.A having options like Artest and Barnes to guard Wade/Lebron is going to help alot compared to who Miami will put on L.A's bigs.

What's also being heavily underrated is all of the iso Kobe is likely to see against Wade, especially in comparison to how Boston's played him in their last two Finals meetings. Not Pretty.

Artest/Barnes are two legitimate defenders with 12 fouls to give. So how's Miami matching up in the frontcourt again?

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Look I'm not saying that Miami's frontcourt is better than LA's but I'm saying it won't be an easy walk-through for Lakers.

thejumpa
08-16-2010, 05:23 PM

I agree. Really, it's a wash. Size and athleticism can dominate a basketball game. LA has the advantage with bigs, but Miami has the advatange in the backcourt. I'd say Miami would win in a 7 game series but who knows. Only time will tell.

game3524
08-16-2010, 05:24 PM
It definately is. Though the Lakers have better talent and defense on the perimeter to match than the Miami does with their backcourt. But it still won't be easy for the Lakers either.

Yeah, team defense can limit perimeter play, but everyone has to be sharp and if LA is not sharp on their rotations, Miami will torch them. But there isn't much you can do against skill and height, which may bite Miami in the ass.

G-Funk
08-16-2010, 05:25 PM
The only clear cut advantage Heat have over the Lakers is Their best player in King James. Luckily Lakers have one of the best options you would want defending him

Bring-Your-Js
08-16-2010, 05:28 PM
The only clear cut advantage Heat have over the Lakers is Their best player in King James. Luckily Lakers have one of the best options you would want defending him

With a more-than-servicable backup who can also drop to the 2 if needed. Did I also mention he's a viable slasher who will be playing in the Tri and can knock down open shots?

LA_Showtime
08-16-2010, 05:30 PM
In order for Miami to win, James will have to go off. So if you think about it, it's James minus Wade and Bosh vs the Lakers minus Kobe and Gasol. :oldlol:

All Net
08-16-2010, 05:33 PM
In order for Miami to win, James will have to go off. So if you think about it, it's James minus Wade and Bosh vs the Lakers minus Kobe and Gasol. :oldlol:

As long as Kobe matches Wade and Pau Bosh Lakers will be in great shape due to the overall depth.

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 05:34 PM

Beautiful logic.
Kobe and Artest have 10 All-Defensive 1st teams, 4 All-defensive 2nd teams and a DPOY between them. Ilgauskas and bosh have....what exactly?

LA_Showtime
08-16-2010, 05:35 PM
As long as Kobe matches Wade and Pau Bosh Lakers will be in great shape due to the overall depth.

Kobe has generally played well against Wade. Honestly, I don't think Wade can stop Kobe in the post. It's not like they can put James on Kobe either, because Wade would have no shot at guarding Artest.

If Bynum's healthy, the Lakers will win in 5 or 6.

TylerOO
08-16-2010, 05:38 PM

LMAO great post. :roll:

chazzy
because Wade would have no shot at guarding Artest.

If he's relegated to spot up shooting he can, I didn't see Artest take people down to the block as often as I expected last season

game3524
The only way I see Wade stopping Kobe is if Kobe loses some serious vert, he normally just shoots over him or post him up.

NuggetsFan
08-16-2010, 05:40 PM
That could be there downfall against the Lakers. If Bynum is 100% the Heat are going have some serious trouble. Just going to have to keep throwing big bodies at Gasol\Bynum or hope that the Lakers let Kobe shoot 24 shots a game.

LA_Showtime
08-16-2010, 05:41 PM
If he's relegated to spot up shooting he can, I didn't see Artest take people down to the block as often as I expected last season

The Lakers posted Artest occasionally, usually when he had an obvious mismatch, like when Ray Allen would occasionally get stuck on Artest. I'm assuming they'd take advantage of the match ups and put him on the block if Wade tried to guard him.

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Nah, that's not true. When he was matched up with a smaller defender Artest did plenty of posting up.

Bring-Your-Js
08-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Kobe and Artest have 10 All-Defensive 1st teams, 4 All-defensive 2nd teams and a DPOY between them. Ilgauskas and bosh have....what exactly?

They're two jump shooting bigs, one of which is there solely to space the floor. If I'm the Lakers, you give Illgauskus his little jumpshot. He's there to draw out and allow Lebron/Wade to attack the rim easier. Miami is going to have a helluva time competing on the boards.

"No rebounds, No Rings" - Pat Riley

LA_Showtime

I get what you mean, but let's get real here... Kobe made the all-defensive team last year and Artest didn't. That should tell you all you need to know about that award.

macpierce
The only way I see Wade stopping Kobe is if Kobe loses some serious vert, he normally just shoots over him or post him
up.
kobe's vert in like 2006 when shooting his jumpshots was unblockable, nowadays it can be blocked in certain situations, as long as he's healthy he'll just muscle wade

LA_Showtime
08-16-2010, 05:45 PM
That could be there downfall against the Lakers. If Bynum is 100% the Heat are going have some serious trouble. Just going to have to keep throwing big bodies at Gasol\Bynum or hope that the Lakers let Kobe shoot 24 shots a game.

Since Wade, Chalmers, or Mike Miller would be guarding him, then 24 shots is fine.

*Kobe could actually play point guard against the Heat. He wouldn't exactly have to guard Chalmers*

HiphopRelated
08-16-2010, 05:47 PM
again, who believes Kobe is taking few enough shots for it to matter anyway?

Kobe's not avg 20 ppg by choice in any series

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 05:47 PM
I get what you mean, but let's get real here... Kobe made the all-defensive team last year and Artest didn't. That should tell you all you need to know about that award.
I agree that Artest deserved to be on a defensive team, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Kobe did as well.

With Kobe on the floor the Lakers were 3.3 points per 100 possessions better on defense than when he was off the floor.

With Lebron on the floor the Cavs were only .7 pp100 better on defense.

With Artest on the floor the Lakers were 4.2 pp100 better on defense.

If Artest deserved to get in over anyone it was Lebron, especially since they play the same position. Artest and Kobe have both deserved their defensive awards.

Jacks3
08-16-2010, 05:48 PM
lol @ people continuing to delude themselves into believing the Lakers front-court is some all mighty mythical beast of a front-court. :oldlol:

Batz
08-16-2010, 05:49 PM
lol @ people continuing to delude themselves into believing the Lakers front-court is some all mighty mythical beast of a front-court. :oldlol:
It is.

NuggetsFan
Since Wade, Chalmers, or Mike Miller would be guarding him, then 24 shots is fine.

*Kobe could actually play point guard against the Heat. He wouldn't exactly have to guard Chalmers*

Seriously? If your the Lakers you dump that ball down low to your bigs and you don't stop. Howard did what against big Z? Imagine Gasol who is 10x the post player down low. Wade\LeBron could easily take shifts guarding Kobe and could make him work for his points. Is Bosh going to stop Bynum or Gasol? Is Big Z? Our the Heat going to let some other scrub big log some serious minutes? you'll probably see others out there for a short time but I doubt they see serious burn.

Key to beating the Heat for the Lakers is there bigs, not Kobe. Kobe's there best player but you play to your strengths in this case.

Jacks3

Yup, he's stopped them to the tune of three straight Finals appearances and consecutive NBA Championships. :oldlol:

HiphopRelated
08-16-2010, 05:51 PM
kobe's vert in like 2006 when shooting his jumpshots was unblockable, nowadays it can be blocked in certain situations, as long as he's healthy he'll just muscle wade
didn't work last year. In the game LA won he scored far more on Dorell Wright than Wade. Didn't see him convert once in the post and got blocked twice there by Wade

He scored better on Wade in the 2nd game but Wade carved up LA on the other end and the Heat won.

fact is, LA hasn't bothered either Bron or Wade and they've all been close games

Kobe gets drawn into shootouts easily when playing those 2, and he can easily lock himself into gunner mode

LA_Showtime
08-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Seriously? If your the Lakers you dump that ball down low to your bigs and you don't stop. Howard did what against big Z? Imagine Gasol who is 10x the post player down low. Wade\LeBron could easily take shifts guarding Kobe and could make him work for his points. Is Bosh going to stop Bynum or Gasol? Is Big Z? Our the Heat going to let some other scrub big log some serious minutes? you'll probably see others out there for a short time but I doubt they see serious burn.

Key to beating the Heat for the Lakers is there bigs, not Kobe. Kobe's there best player but you play to your strengths in this case.

I was trying to get my point across that Wade can't guard Kobe in the post. Oh well.

Fatstogie
08-16-2010, 05:54 PM
They won't. They can't. There's no way they can contain Gasol, Bynum, Odom, and Artest. Too many options there.

Contain artest? LOL what? Contain him where? From his 6 points in the paint? Your talking like Artest is an offensive weapon. He's the last option.

Odom is solid but he still has some up and down play.

And again you guys who are doing match ups are still forgetting that you have 2 players who require a double team on hte same team. Its more than matchups.

Having Dwade with Lebron is gonna throw matchups out of the window. Think how that goes.

Lebron comes down to get doubled when he passes to dwade. And either dwade is open, or guarged by 1 guy, who he can beat. Or draws a double. Thena second guy will become open. And im not even talking about CB yet. This is just lebron and dwade.

I think not only are they gonna be good but IMO they should crush people. People just hate on Lebron basically. And i love it. And i love him for it. I was indifferent to him before but now im a fan.

But dont let hate of them cloud your judgement. 2 of their offensive weapons are good defenders. Anthonys only job in life will be defense and rebounding. Along with Bosh's offense and rebounding. Miller can throw up some D. Along with Haslem. Only real weak spot is Chalmers. And he just has to learn IQ D. Funnel and shit.

But he could not even start. Just move D wade to 1.Lebron.Miller.Bosh.Anthony.

IMO they are gonna do awesome this year. But they got time to find a good center and more shooters. They got 6 years. But i dont think theyll even need it. I think they are gonna catch a bunch of people with their pants down.

Cause look how many fans "think" theyre gonna suck. LOL Your talking about 2 players who carried their dead weight teams into the playoffs. Lebron did so much for cleveland. And people will see when they go nowhere this year.

These guys are team carriers. By themselves. CB isnt in that tier but hes a critical player, but not a team carrier. But Bron and Wade are team carriers. Now they have eachother to shoulder the load. With Bosh. Not only are they gonna carry the team. Theyre gonna carry it faster and farther.

I cannot freakin wait for the season to start. And as much as im a fan of 631 i hope Orlando crushes them. But thats hope. My logic is telling me that they wont.

Dude omg wtf is wrong with people doubting them? They are gonna ****in destroy people.

LA_Showtime
08-16-2010, 05:56 PM
BTW, this is basically a pointless discussion, because the Lakers won't play the Heat in the Finals.

NuggetsFan
I was trying to get my point across that Wade can't guard Kobe in the post. Oh well.

So you switch LeBron on him. Kobe's can obviously get his buckets and still a threat all I'm saying is the Lakers should focus on getting Gasol\Bynum there looks and Kobe doesn't need 24 shots a game. Heat's frontcourt defensively is easily there biggest weakness. One of the Lakers biggest strengths is there front court. Just makes sense.

I kinda see what your saying tho..

Batz

You have to stop both. Not one but both. Suns zoned and stopped the frontcourt but Bryant went off. The thing is to stop both is extremely difficult.

game3524
08-16-2010, 05:57 PM
So you switch LeBron on him. Kobe's can obviously get his buckets and still a threat all I'm saying is the Lakers should focus on getting Gasol\Bynum there looks and Kobe doesn't need 24 shots a game. Heat's frontcourt defensively is easily there biggest weakness. One of the Lakers biggest strengths is there front court. Just makes sense.

And have Artest take Wade in the post?

Bring-Your-Js

+1

Kobe in iso is almost always the biggest mismatch on the court regardless.

barbaroi
Contain artest? LOL what? Contain him where? From his 6 points in the paint? Your talking like Artest is an offensive weapon. He's the last option.

Odom is solid but he still has some up and down play.

And again you guys who are doing match ups are still forgetting that you have 2 players who require a double team on hte same team. Its more than matchups.

Having Dwade with Lebron is gonna throw matchups out of the window. Think how that goes.

Lebron comes down to get doubled when he passes to dwade. And either dwade is open, or guarged by 1 guy, who he can beat. Or draws a double. Thena second guy will become open. And im not even talking about CB yet. This is just lebron and dwade.

I think not only are they gonna be good but IMO they should crush people. People just hate on Lebron basically. And i love it. And i love him for it. I was indifferent to him before but now im a fan.

But dont let hate of them cloud your judgement. 2 of their offensive weapons are good defenders. Anthonys only job in life will be defense and rebounding. Along with Bosh's offense and rebounding. Miller can throw up some D. Along with Haslem. Only real weak spot is Chalmers. And he just has to learn IQ D. Funnel and shit.

But he could not even start. Just move D wade to 1.Lebron.Miller.Bosh.Anthony.

IMO they are gonna do awesome this year. But they got time to find a good center and more shooters. They got 6 years. But i dont think theyll even need it. I think they are gonna catch a bunch of people with their pants down.

Cause look how many fans "think" theyre gonna suck. LOL Your talking about 2 players who carried their dead weight teams into the playoffs. Lebron did so much for cleveland. And people will see when they go nowhere this year.

These guys are team carriers. By themselves. CB isnt in that tier but hes a critical player, but not a team carrier. But Bron and Wade are team carriers. Now they have eachother to shoulder the load. With Bosh. Not only are they gonna carry the team. Theyre gonna carry it faster and farther.

I cannot freakin wait for the season to start. And as much as im a fan of 631 i hope Orlando crushes them. But thats hope. My logic is telling me that they wont.

Dude omg wtf is wrong with people doubting them? They are gonna ****in destroy people.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

game3524
You have to stop both. Not one but both. Suns zoned and stopped the frontcourt but Bryant went off. The thing is to stop both is extremely difficult.

Exactly, it iis a catch 22.

LA_Showtime
08-16-2010, 05:59 PM

Well, if you look at earlier posts in this thread, putting James on Kobe would result in Wade on Artest. A risk situation, because putting Artest on the block almost guarantees Wade getting into foul trouble.

Anyway, I expect the crunch time lineups would look like this:

Wade/Miller/James/Bosh/Haslem.

Kobe/Barnes/Artest/Gasol/Bynum or Odom.

The Lakers would almost have to play Kobe and Barnes in the back court, because neither Fisher nor Blake can guard Miller or Wade.

Jacks3
08-16-2010, 06:02 PM
It is.
No, it's not. This awesome front-court wasn't even top 5 in OREB%, DREB%, or rebounding differential during last season. Plenty of front-courts in the league matched their PPG/RPG/APG production. I mean, Bynum and Odom averaged like 7/6 in the Finals last year. Dominant my ass.:oldlol:

PowerGlove
08-16-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm expecting the matchups to look like this..

TBD vs TBD
TBD vs TBD
TBD vs TBD
TBD vs TBD
TBD vs TBD

All of this endless debate about something that could possibly never occur is stupid.

LA_Showtime
08-16-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm expecting the matchups to look like this..

TBD vs TBD
TBD vs TBD
TBD vs TBD
TBD vs TBD
TBD vs TBD

All of this endless debate about something that could possibly never occur is stupid.

This is an NBA forum. We're supposed to discuss hypothetical situations.

Hypothetically, I could ignore you. If I did, then I wouldn't have to waste my time responding to your idiotic posts.

Samurai Swoosh
08-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Miami doesn't need to worry about Bynum. He's a role player at best. A black Luc Longely. A less crafty, intelligent, skilled and younger version of Bill Cartwright. Why does everyone still act like this kid is a HUGE difference maker just because he's big? He was meaningless in the Finals past the first two or three games and the Lakers still won.

PowerGlove
08-16-2010, 06:05 PM
This is an NBA forum. We're supposed to discuss hypothetical situations.

Hypothetically, I could ignore you. If I did, then I wouldn't have to waste my time responding to your idiotic posts.

Hypothetically, you have a decent memory and remember that this topic has been discussed to death and now everyone is just paraphrasing their posts in previous threads about the very same issue.

Or not.

NuggetsFan
08-16-2010, 06:05 PM

Yup. I'd just feed it downlow until the Heat would have to do something about it. I could just be overrating the advantage the Lakers have downlow on the Heat but to me It's massive.

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 06:06 PM
No, it's not. This awesome front-court wasn't even top 5 in OREB%, DREB%, or rebounding differential during last season. Plenty of front-courts in the league matched their PPG/RPG/APG production. I mean, Bynum and Odom averaged like 7/6 in the Finals last year. Dominant my ass.:oldlol:
Uh, what other frontcourt averaged 44/29/8/4 like Pau/Bynum/Odom did last season?

LA_Showtime
08-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Miami doesn't need to worry about Bynum. He's a role player at best. A black Luc Longely. A less crafty, intelligent, skilled and younger version of Bill Cartwright. Why does everyone still act like this kid is a HUGE difference maker just because he's big? He was meaningless in the Finals past the first two or three games and the Lakers still won.

He was injured. If healthy, he's a difference-maker, period.

Hell, completely ignore what he does offensively, and his impact is still huge. When he's healthy, the Lakers are a defensive juggernaut.

NuggetsFan
08-16-2010, 06:08 PM

When he's healthy he's a huge addition. He's got some moves downlow and he's an athletic big with legit size. Problem is with Bynum he's always hurt and when he's hurt he's nothing to write home about. Can't say he's not a game changer when he's healthy tho.

EricGordon23
08-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Bynum will get injured. Lakers will get in foul trouble from d-whistle and Lebron james.

Samurai Swoosh
08-16-2010, 06:09 PM
He was injured. If healthy, he's a difference-maker, period.
You mean when he plays defense. When healthy he can make a difference, yes. But its rarely consistent, reliable difference out there you can count on from him. He's not a HUGE threat out there. Like Lamar Odom, he at random will have a good game.

Sakkreth
08-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Bynum isn't going to be a threat, and bout Gasol ? Bosh and Ilgaukas, both of them should defend him well. Do you remember Phil Jackson's frustration when Ilgauskas got back to cle, do you know why he was frustrated ? Because Ilgaukas can defend LA bigs well.

Samurai Swoosh
08-16-2010, 06:10 PM
When he's healthy he's a huge addition. He's got some moves downlow and he's an athletic big with legit size. Problem is with Bynum he's always hurt and when he's hurt he's nothing to write home about. Can't say he's not a game changer when he's healthy tho.
Bynum is not athletic at all ... :oldlol:

Jumps like two inches off the ground. Even with his huge wingspan, I've seen him got blocked by much smaller opponents. He has little lift, and minute lateral quickness.

He's just LARGE ... that's it.

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Bynum will get injured. Lakers will get in foul trouble from d-whistle and Lebron james.
Lakers were 27th in the league in PF last year and 29th in opponent FTA. This team doesn't foul.

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 06:12 PM

Jumps like two inches off the ground. Even with his huge wingspan, I've seen him got blocked by much smaller opponents. He has little lift, and minute lateral quickness.

"Just LARGE" players don't average 20/11 on 59% which is what Bynum was putting up when Pau was out to start the season last year. He's a huge difference maker on both ends when healthy. Playing with Pau and Odom reduces his touches and minutes, so his numbers aren't gaudy, but he is an efficient, skilled, deadly post player.

game3524
08-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Bynum isn't going to be a threat, and bout Gasol ? Bosh and Ilgaukas, both of them should defend him well. Do you remember Phil Jackson's frustration when Ilgauskas got back to cle, do you know why he was frustrated ? Because Ilgaukas can defend LA bigs well.

Varajao is what bothered Gasol, not Big Z. If LA's bigs are healthy they will have their way with Miami.

NuggetsFan
08-16-2010, 06:13 PM

Athletic is just based on jumping now? For his size he's pretty athletic. He's got good length. Atleast when he was healthy that's what it looked like to me. In the playoffs when he was hurt he didn't look the same.

I hate the Lakers\Bynum but when he's healthy(very rare) he's a game changer period.

LA_Showtime
08-16-2010, 06:13 PM
You mean when he plays defense. When healthy he can make a difference, yes. But its rarely consistent, reliable difference out there you can count on from him. He's not a HUGE threat out there. Like Lamar Odom, he at random will have a good game.

Whatever. You'll see what he brings to the table if he manages to stay healthy (a big if).

NuggetsFan
08-16-2010, 06:15 PM

Just checked out some of his measurements. He's got a 33 inch vert(or so it says) HUGE wingspan and when he's healthy he's pretty mobile. I'd say he's an athletic big :confusedshrug:

Samurai Swoosh
08-16-2010, 06:16 PM
"Just LARGE" players don't average 20/11 on 59% which is what Bynum was putting up when Pau was out to start the season last year.
A stretch of decent games to start the season when everyone is still feeling things out? Big deal. Do it for a season. Be durable. And yes, he is not even close to being "athletic" ... he is a large man, in a shrinking league (height wise) ... he's not particularly skilled, he's not quick, he's not reliable, he's not durable ... and on a championship level team, he will give you a good game everyonce in awhile. Don't even insinuate the Lakers would've done what they did this year with just Bynum and no Gasol.

All Net
08-16-2010, 06:17 PM

Not sure if serious :facepalm

Samurai Swoosh
Just checked out some of his measurements. He's got a 33 inch vert(or so it says) HUGE wingspan and when he's healthy he's pretty mobile. I'd say he's an athletic big :confusedshrug:
When was that verticle taken? 4 years ago?

Watch him NOW ... Mr. Fragile is broken ... he doesn't have athleticism. Slow foot speed and everything. He just is tall and has a huge wingspan, and plays in an area with little to NO large or truly talented players at the Center position.

End of story.

barbaroi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtVCeAtTSKc
Look how quick he spins off his defender and the jump with no real running start was not bad either. He's very athletic for a guy his size.

LA_Showtime

Nah, his vertical isn't close to what it was before his injuries. He's definitely more mobile then he has appeared to be in the past two title runs, but I doubt his vertical is that high these days.

Bigsmoke
08-16-2010, 06:18 PM

Bosh is a player thats getting better with age if i'm corrected.

if u take the head to head thing that seriously then u think Lebron is better than Kobe

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bryanko01&p2=jamesle01

NuggetsFan
08-16-2010, 06:20 PM
For the record I'm talking when he's actually healthy witch is rare. I doubt that 33 inch vert is correct also but he can jump for a guy his size. He's mobile too for a guy his size. Obviously he isn't like a Dwight Howard or anything like that but for a center I'd say he's an athletic player.

Past playoffs he was looking like Big Z out there cause he was injured.

LA_Showtime
08-16-2010, 06:22 PM
For a glorified Luc Longley, Bynum sure gets doubled a lot.

Samurai Swoosh
08-16-2010, 06:23 PM
For a glorified Luc Longley, Bynum sure gets doubled a lot.

All Net
08-16-2010, 06:24 PM
So say Bynum isn't skilled, wow thats some odd comment right there. guy is 7'1 with very smooth post moves and is very quick for his 7'1 size. He just needs to stay healthy and continue to improve.

Samurai Swoosh
08-16-2010, 06:29 PM
So say Bynum isn't skilled, wow thats some odd comment right there. guy is 7'1 with very smooth post moves and is very quick for his 7'1 size. He just needs to stay healthy and continue to improve.
I didn't say he didn't have skill, I said he's not particularly skilled ... not enough to be considered a "game changer" or a "meaningful contributor" ... he's consistent at being inconsistent. He's a large man in a league that is continually getting smaller at his position, so he's a commodity. But to act like he's truly an elite big man, who is vastly skilled and/or athletic is BEYOND ridiculous. The Lakers have won two titles in a row with him being a footnote on the roster. Got all the way to the Finals in 2008 without him even touching the floor. He's not that big of a difference. Does he help? Sure. But he's a over glorified role player because of his size, and youth. He's not all that good. Lakers fans cream about this kid like he's some sort of beast.

LA_Showtime
08-16-2010, 06:29 PM

no kidding. you have to wonder what some posters are smoking. people compare bynum to a bunch of scrub centers, and yet those guys have never even put up a 14/8 season. :oldlol:

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 06:33 PM
I didn't say he didn't have skill, I said he's not particularly skilled ... not enough to be considered a "game changer" or a "meaningful contributor" ... he's consistent at being inconsistent. He's a large man in a league that is continually getting smaller at his position, so he's a commodity. But to act like he's truly an elite big man, who is vastly skilled and/or athletic is BEYOND ridiculous. The Lakers have won two titles in a row with him being a footnote on the roster. Got all the way to the Finals in 2008 without him even touching the floor. He's not that big of a difference. Does he help? Sure. But he's a over glorified role player because of his size, and youth. He's not all that good. Lakers fans cream about this kid like he's some sort of beast.

Got all the way to the finals and lost. Funny isn't it that in the 2 Finals that they've had Bynum on the floor even in a limited role they've won the ring, and the one time he wasn't there they lost. That they have won the championship twice with Bynum playing injured should scare other teams even more, knowing the vast difference between a healthy and an unhealthy Bynum.

bdreason
08-16-2010, 06:34 PM
They don't have to stop Gasol and Bynum to win.

All Net
08-16-2010, 06:35 PM

Who's creaming their pants about him? Bynum has ways to go to be called an elite big man but he is getting there. He has improved every season. Bynum is very skilled for his size and has some of the best post moves for a big man in this league. He when he is healthy has his way with teams on the low block and is a good rebounder. Does he need to become more consistant? yeah of course but it's a learning curve with him. Kid is only 22 years old...he just needs to stay healthy.Will he? who knows but he has the talent to be that 20 and 10 guy every night it's clear watching him.

He had a big impact with his length and size in the finals..he gave Boston all kind of problems even on one leg. Him just being there clogs the paint that alone helped L.A ALOT against Boston. L.A don't win that series without him being there.

Samurai Swoosh
08-16-2010, 06:37 PM
no kidding. you have to wonder what some posters are smoking. people compare bynum to a bunch of scrub centers, and yet those guys have never even put up a 14/8 season. :oldlol:
LOL ... he averaged 9 pts / 7 rbs in the playoffs ... thats a role player at best. The year before he averaged 6 pts / 4 rbs in the playoffs. Both years the Lakers won the CHIP. He's a HUGE difference maker, huh?

Reg. season stats are a mirrage with this guy. Much like Lamar Odom. That isn't a consistent 15 / 8 every game. It's more like 25 points / 14 rebounds one game ... then the next 3 games 8 pts / 7 rbs, 7 pts / 7 rbs, 10 pts / 6 rbs ... he's INCONSISTENT. And non-existent when it matters. I.E. the Playoffs.

They got to the Finals in 2008 and were competitive in the Finals without him even being on the floor.

They won in 2009 and 2010 with him being nothing more then a miniscule, Luc Longely-esque big body role player.

Oh man ... he's SUPER BEASTO

Dude is an average center, in a weak center league.

Samurai Swoosh
08-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Got all the way to the finals and lost.
That wasn't WHY the lost. And the Finals (apart from game 6) were very competitive. If it weren't for LA giving up a HUGE lead in I think game 4, that NBA Finals could've been vastly different.

Bynum was non essential for them to win in 2009 and 2010 as well.

ROLE PLAYER

Get over it.

Papaya Petee
08-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Just do what they have done for the past 2 years, where they went 2-2 vs Lakers without LeBron and Bosh, and all games were within 3 points.

All Net
08-16-2010, 06:41 PM
That wasn't WHY the lost. And the Finals (apart from game 6) were very competitive. If it weren't for LA giving up a HUGE lead in I think game 4, that NBA Finals could've been vastly different.

ROLE PLAYER

Get over it.

It was a BIG reason, L.A had no interior defense in that series and it was clear to see. That along with no SF who could guard Pierce.

All Net
08-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Just do what they have done for the past 2 years, where they went 2-2 vs Lakers without LeBron and Bosh, and all games were within 3 points.

You seriously comparing regular season with playoffs? :oldlol:

tpols
08-16-2010, 06:43 PM

ROLE PLAYER

Get over it.
Bynum was very key to them winning. His mere prescence on the defensive side of the floor made rondo miss so many layups. His length along with Gasol made their team very intimidating. You're an idiot if you think bynum isn't important to this team.

Samurai Swoosh
08-16-2010, 06:44 PM
It was a BIG reason, L.A had no interior defense in that series and it was clear to see. That along with no SF who could guard Pierce.
No interior defense to defend, who? They didn't have defense period that year. They beat teams all year because of their ridiculous high powered offense, which moved with rapid succession and skill without Bynum slowing them down on the offensive end. It had little to do with strictly interior defense. The Lakers got burned on defense at the PG, SF and PF positions. Not the CENTER position. They lost because Kobe's supporting cast did not man up to a tougher more physical squad, and they stopped playing and having confidence in their games. It didn't help that the Celtics amazing team defense hounded Kobe on every move, because the Lakers next best player, Gasol, was quivering in the corner afraid of the big bad black guys (Garnett and Perkins) and was visibly intimidated all series long.

Ikill
08-16-2010, 06:47 PM
lol

Ilgauskas 7'3"
Magloire 6'11"
Bosh 6'10"
Pittman 6'10"
Randolph 6'10"

Bynum 7'0"
Gasol 7'0"
Odom 6'10"
Ratliff 6'10"

Did you know bosh is 6'11 1/2 with shoes he is like the same height as gasol. Bosh is more athletic as gasol and just as strong.

Samurai Swoosh
08-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Bynum was very key to them winning. His mere prescence on the defensive side of the floor made rondo miss so many layups. His length along with Gasol made their team very intimidating. You're an idiot if you think bynum isn't important to this team.
I didn't say he doesn't bring a value to the team. Everyone brings something to the table. I'm just keeping things in perspective in regards to this convo about Miami having to "worry about LA's front court" ... they need to worry about Gasol. All they need is a physical body on Bynum. And Bosh can cancel out Gasol's production. Because Bosh is just as skilled offensively as Gasol happens to be. He's going to make Gasol work on defense. All Miami needs to do is attack the basket relentlessly off dribble penetration ... which they can do with having Bron and Wade and no way to double team both of them at the same time. Let those two drive to the basket off the dribble at will and they can get both Gasol / Bynum and whatever other help defense in foul trouble real quick. And when they sit in a zone to protect from James / Wade pentration ... outside shooters and Bosh's mid range game will eat them alive.

Ikill
08-16-2010, 06:55 PM
I doubt Kobe can muscle wade because wade looks a lot stronger than kobe.

Vragrant
08-16-2010, 07:30 PM
I doubt Kobe can muscle wade because wade looks a lot stronger than kobe.

Wade is shorter but has more dense muscle mass than Kobe.

Kobe scores better on faceups against Wade than in the post, which is why he did better against him in the second game they played last year. In the game in LA, whenever Kobe tried to post Wade, Wade pushed him off the block and forced him into a tough shots, even rejected him a couple of times.

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 07:33 PM
So basically Bynum has to put over 20 PPG for Lakers to win this series. :confusedshrug:

The_Yearning
08-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Kobe is going to light up D-Wade offensively and D him up just like he did Rondo...give Wade that jump shot. Force Wade to take all the shots for Miami in the perimeter and clog the paint up...Wade taking all the shots will set up a riffs between Bosh and LBJ thinking..."Why the F is D-Wade jacking up all the shots?"

SmH

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Kobe is going to light up D-Wade offensively and D him up just like he did Rondo...give Wade that jump shot. Force Wade to take all the shots for Miami in the perimeter and clog the paint up...Wade taking all the shots will set up a riffs between Bosh and LBJ thinking..."Why the F is D-Wade jacking up all the shots?"

SmH
:facepalm

First of all Wade will kill you if he gets it going second Kobe cannot possibly hold off Wade to less than 25 PPG with that being said Wade will make Kobe shoot jump shots. You're forgetting that Wade is just gonna dunk over Kobe if he plays him like he played Rondo. TERRIBLE assumption and comparison on defense. If you're gonna do the same to LeBron you might as well hand the Heat the title right now. Leaving two best players wide open. :facepalm This guy is kidding right?

SourGrapes
08-16-2010, 07:50 PM
:facepalm

First of all Wade will kill you if he gets it going second Kobe cannot possibly hold off Wade to less than 25 PPG with that being said Wade will make Kobe shoot jump shots. You're forgetting that Wade is just gonna dunk over Kobe if he plays him like he played Rondo. TERRIBLE assumption and comparison on defense. If you're gonna do the same to LeBron you might as well hand the Heat the title right now. Leaving two best players wide open. :facepalm This guy is kidding right?

the lakers have the luxury of taking kobe off of wade defensively if need be and putting him on chalmers. miami has less of that ability. don't know why people think kobe will guard the other team's best offensive player when most roster moves the last two years have been geared to stop that

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 07:55 PM
the lakers have the luxury of taking kobe off of wade defensively if need be and putting him on chalmers. miami has less of that ability. don't know why people think kobe will guard the other team's best offensive player when most roster moves the last two years have been geared to stop that
Well you explain to your fellow Laker fans. Because they think Kobe is gonna guard and shut down Wade.

I don't think Barnes and Artest can actually do too much but I agree with what you said it's better for them to put Kobe on Chalmers and make him roam rather than him wasting his energy on Wade, instead Kobe can put out more on offense.

Batz
08-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Well you explain to your fellow Laker fans. Because they think Kobe is gonna guard and shut down Wade.

I don't think Barnes and Artest can actually do too much but I agree with what you said it's better for them to put Kobe on Chalmers and make him roam rather than him wasting his energy on Wade, instead Kobe can put out more on offense.
DPOY not enough eh?

All Net
08-16-2010, 07:57 PM

Kobe is never going to shut Wade down. Guys like Lebron, Kobe, Wade you can't shut down but you can contain them and L.A have the tools to contain and make life tough for Lebron and Wade thats the difference. Miami don't have the guys to stop L.A's main weapons.

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 07:58 PM
So basically Bynum has to put over 20 PPG for Lakers to win this series. :confusedshrug:
Who said that?

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 08:00 PM
DPOY not enough eh?
You guys traded for Dwight Howard? :oldlol:

2-Time MVP not enough eh?
1- time Finals MVP not enough eh?

Artest is actually pretty good but Barnes? GTFO he's MAYBE top 15

All Net
08-16-2010, 08:03 PM

Barnes may not be elite defender but he is still a pretty good one with good size and length. He will be a good option to throw at whoever along with Artest.

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 08:03 PM

And he's going to be playing MAYBE 15 minutes in a close playoff game. He's definitely good enough to defend with energy for 15 minutes.

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Barnes may not be elite defender but he is still a pretty good one with good size and length. He will be a good option to throw at whoever along with Artest.
You seem to be telling me LA can completely stop all of Miami's weapons or at least contain them but MIA can't even slow down LA... :applause: :hammerhead:

All Net
08-16-2010, 08:07 PM
You seem to be telling me LA can completely stop all of Miami's weapons or at least contain them but MIA can't even slow down LA... :applause: :hammerhead:

Stop? no chance but slow them down? yes. How is that unreasonable? I never said Miami have no shot at stop the Lakers but their options are certainly more limited than the Lakers. L.A are a premier defensive team with plenty of length. Miami are unknown and on paper don't have the defensive options to stop the Lakers main offense.

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Stop? no chance but slow them down? yes. How is that unreasonable? I never said Miami have no shot at stop the Lakers but their options are certainly more limited than the Lakers. L.A are a premier defensive team with plenty of length. Miami are unknown and on paper don't have the defensive options to stop the Lakers main offense.
Miami was a great defensive team before LeBron and Bosh came along, why would they suddenly become worse? Spoelstra always focuses on defense first so I don't see how Lakers are better defensively than the Heat.

JustinJDW
08-16-2010, 08:20 PM
2 words: Foul TroubleThis.

Gasol and Bynum are gonna have to be careful not to pick up fouls every time Wade and Lebron drive it to the hole. What I kinda want to know is how are the Lakers gonna guard Lebron and D-Wade.

I mean, can Artest and Barnes really keep up with speed, power and athleticism of Lebron and D-Wade when they drive it to the hole? These guys are freight trains when they go full speed and are in their prime. Artest, Barnes and Kobe are all great defenders, but they are all 30 and over and I don't think they have the speed to keep up with the two best players in the League on the same ****ing team!

Damn, it still hasn't sunk in for me yet. Lebron and D-Wade, on the same team. God damn.

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 08:22 PM
This.

Gasol and Bynum are gonna have to be careful not to pick up fouls every time Wade and Lebron drive it to the hole.
Again :rolleyes: Bynum has fouled out only 4 times in the last 3 years, and Pau has never once fouled out as a Laker. They aren't foul prone.

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Again :rolleyes: Bynum has fouled out only 4 times in the last 3 years, and Pau has never once fouled out as a Laker. They aren't foul prone.
LOL because they're soft they're gonna let LeBron and Wade dunk over them all night. Do you understand history means nothing? It's either foul trouble or total ownage.

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 08:30 PM
LOL because they're soft they're gonna let LeBron and Wade dunk over them all night. Do you understand history means nothing? It's either foul trouble or total ownage.
Mmhmm this is why since the 08 season when the Lakers got Pau, Lebron has shot 42.6% against the Lakers, and Wade has shot 37.3%?

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Mmhmm this is why since the 08 season when the Lakers got Pau, Lebron has shot 42.6% against the Lakers, and Wade has shot 37.3%?
Opponents

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 08:36 PM
LeBron James versus the Lakers last season: 41 minutes, 31.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 9.0 assist, 2.0 steals, and 1.0 blocks per game. He shot 50.0 percent from the floor (22/44 attempts)

Dwyane Wade versus the Lakers last season: 42 minutes, 26.5 points, 6.5 rebounds, 11.5 assist, 0.5 steals, and 1.0 blocks per game. He shot 38.1 percent from the floor (16/42 attempts.)

barbaroi
08-16-2010, 08:37 PM
LeBron James versus the Lakers last season: 41 minutes, 31.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 9.0 assist, 2.0 steals, and 1.0 blocks per game. He shot 50.0 percent from the floor (22/44 attempts)

Dwyane Wade versus the Lakers last season: 42 minutes, 26.5 points, 6.5 rebounds, 11.5 assist, 0.5 steals, and 1.0 blocks per game. He shot 38.1 percent from the floor (16/42 attempts.)
:oldlol: None of what you wrote changed the fact that since 08, when the Lakers aquired Pau, Lebron is shooting 42.6% (64/150) against the Lakers and Wade is shooting 37.3% (46/123).

When these 2 don't have an open lane they struggle.

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 08:41 PM
:oldlol: None of what you wrote changed the fact that since 08, when the Lakers aquired Pau, Lebron is shooting 42.6% (64/150) against the Lakers and Wade is shooting 37.3% (46/123).

When these 2 don't have an open lane they struggle.
You're a moron. Even if they do struggle, Lakers are gonna struggle even more. You think LeBron and Wade are gonna sit on bench because they don't have open lanes? NO. They will ATTACK the rim and FORCE Lakers inferior defense to collapse and for arguments sake if they don't which they will take over defensively.

All Net
08-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Miami was a great defensive team before LeBron and Bosh came along, why would they suddenly become worse? Spoelstra always focuses on defense first so I don't see how Lakers are better defensively than the Heat.

:wtf: Are you really trying to say Miami is better defensively than the Lakers? how so? because some stats say Miami were decent defensively than means they could shut teams down? Lakers certainly did. Miami simply put may be good defensively and they will be good no doubt about that but no defensive stat will say Miami can certainly handle the Lakers size and length.

This series would comw down to Miami's star power with Lebron and Wade vs Lakers frontcourt. Normally size, length and frontcourt threats wins over permeter play...guess we will see.

lakerfreak
08-16-2010, 08:56 PM

Barnes, Artest, Kobe, and some phil jackson coached team D.

Solid Snake
08-16-2010, 08:57 PM

Sad but probably true.

Bigsmoke
08-16-2010, 08:57 PM
its a fact that Lakers fans in this site fear the Heat. If they knew the Lakers could beat them then they shouldnt have like 3 threads a day talking shit about Lebron and wasting their days digging out all of the Heat's weaknesses.

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 08:59 PM
:wtf: Are you really trying to say Miami is better defensively than the Lakers? how so? because some stats say Miami were decent defensively than means they could shut teams down? Lakers certainly did. Miami simply put may be good defensively and they will be good no doubt about that but no defensive stat will say Miami can certainly handle the Lakers size and length.

This series would comw down to Miami's star power with Lebron and Wade vs Lakers frontcourt. Normally size, length and frontcourt threats wins over permeter play...guess we will see.
So now you're telling me Bynum and Gasol are MVP's for Lakers? Is that what you're trying to say?

Good defensive teams always do good, size and length don't really make that much difference. Lakers had trouble with Rockets, small but good defensively team. Celtics were a good defensive team also. So were the Thunder. As you can see Lakers don't handle good defensive teams too well, they get scared and look for Kobe to make all shots, and if you're disregarding the fact that a very good defensive team like the Heat will be simply outplayed by Lakers frontcourt then sorry I can't take that seriously.

All Net
08-16-2010, 08:59 PM
its a fact that Lakers fans in this site fear the Heat. If they knew the Lakers could beat them then they shouldnt have like 3 threads a day talking shit about Lebron and wasting their days digging out all of the Heat's weaknesses.

Nobody fears the Heat. They are a legit threat to Lakers crown. There is nothing wrong with comparing the two. Isn't that what forums are for?

Deadpool
08-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Barnes, Artest, Kobe, and some phil jackson coached team D.
LOL c'mon bro Phil is no defensive mastermind. Barnes and Artest and Kobe don't make too much impact for it to change the outcome. Barnes and Artest will get raped and Kobe won't be guarding anyone good.

All Net
08-16-2010, 09:03 PM
So now you're telling me Bynum and Gasol are MVP's for Lakers? Is that what you're trying to say?

Good defensive teams always do good, size and length don't really make that much difference. Lakers had trouble with Rockets, small but good defensively team. Celtics were a good defensive team also. So were the Thunder. As you can see Lakers don't handle good defensive teams too well, they get scared and look for Kobe to make all shots, and if you're disregarding the fact that a very good defensive team like the Heat will be simply outplayed by Lakers frontcourt then sorry I can't take that seriously.

Gasol and Bynum are going to cause Miami alot of problems. Has nothing to do with them being MVP's. Lebron and Wade are going to be a nightmare to defend. They are two of the best 3 in the game. However it has been proven It's damn tough to cover this Laker frontcourt. It's not just size but length.

It wouldn't shock me at all if Miami wins it all but Lakers will be favourites due to the size and length factor.

tpols
08-16-2010, 09:09 PM

Length doesn't make a difference? Going by the logic on your posts, miami was a better defensive team than boston:facepalm

SourGrapes
LOL c'mon bro Phil is no defensive mastermind. Barnes and Artest and Kobe don't make too much impact for it to change the outcome. Barnes and Artest will get raped and Kobe won't be guarding anyone good.

actually, in the playoffs the lakers have the best defense in the league, and it is really obvious. look at the stats the last two years if you want

phil is in essence very good defensively, and he has more weapons than ever.

that kobe isn't guarding anyone of note for a long time is actually a plus for the lakers defensively... it means he doesn't have to and can focus on clogging the lane

chris2010
Just curous, if Bynum is healthy he is going to cause them huge problems. Will Wade/Lebron brillant play be enough in a series with L.A's length?

i dont think we will know this year. The more appropriate question would be whether they will get through Orlando or Boston (whomever they meet first) in a series w/ their current front line. The heat are no guarantee for the finals

All Net
08-16-2010, 09:49 PM
i dont think we will know this year. The more appropriate question would be whether they will get through Orlando or Boston (whomever they meet first) in a series w/ their current front line. The heat are no guarantee for the finals

Guess it all depends on how well Perkins comes back from his injury.

chris2010
08-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Guess it all depends on how well Perkins comes back from his injury.

The heat could probably beat the Magic. I know Jameer will own chalmers, arroyo in the series. But then they will put wade on him and slide miller into the lineup and he will guard carter well or even lewis depending if lewis just chills on the perimeter the whole time. In that case they will put Lebron on Carter. Howard will own bosh or anyone else the heat have at center in a 7 game series. Sorry but 2 guys wont beat 3 superstars plus a somewhat good supporting cast around them now.

The celtics have a very good chance of beating the heat. They have a huge advantage down in the paint. Rondo will hold his own against ANYBODY the heat assign to him. Ray Allen will just have to not shoot 23% from three and Paul Pierce will have to play his hardest at replicating what he did against lebron a couple years back. Garnett may not do so well against Bosh, but at least the Celtics got other good bigs to put on the floor to play bosh

Jacks3
08-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Uh, what other frontcourt averaged 44/29/8/4 like Pau/Bynum/Odom did last season?
Who cares? The discussion is about a hypothetical meeting in the playoffs. Like I said, plenty of teams matched the output of the Lakers frontcourt in the 2010 playoff run.

trig
08-16-2010, 11:07 PM
heat vs la
whoever gets the most superstar calls, wins

Tha Catalyst
08-16-2010, 11:18 PM

Beautiful logic.
Kobe and Artest have long impressive defensive resumes. I must have forgot when Bosh, Ilgauskas and Anthony made multiple all-defensive teams and won a DPOY. At least try to use some form of logic.

opps
08-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Kobe and Artest have long impressive defensive resumes. I must have forgot when Bosh, Ilgauskas and Anthony made multiple all-defensive teams and won a DPOY. At least try to use some form of logic.

:lol you should know logic doesnt exist on this board.

crisoner
08-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Lakers have these advantages against the Heat next year....

Better coach...Phil will make better adjustments in a 7 game series.

Length with bigs...come on now. Bynum Gasol and Odom will beast.

And this....Kobe Barnes and Artest.....3 great perimeter defenders to throw at Wade n LeBron. Will they stop them...no...but I think they will do a good job containing them. Lakers are a great defensive team....can't say that about this Heat squad.

As a bonus I will throw oit intagbles with the leadership and clutch shooting of Fisher...Blake a great back pg on the Lakers now. And the Lakers have a great 8 man rotation....Phil will have a field day with match UPS.

Hence screw the Heat...we should be matching up the Lakers against the Celts.

Swaggin916
08-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Anthony is a shot blocker... he's not that great of a man defender lets make that clear. He is not going to stop Pau or Bynum... both of which are 3+ inches taller than he is. Ilgauskas has the length but not the footspeed... Bosh doesn't have the length or the toughness. Haslem is too short. That's all the big men they have and all of them are at a disadvantage. Then of course there are teams that match up with the Lakers size, strength and speed wise for the most part (Like Dallas and Boston) but just aren't as good.

nysn
08-17-2010, 01:18 AM
exactly this

All Net
08-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Anthony is a shot blocker... he's not that great of a man defender lets make that clear. He is not going to stop Pau or Bynum... both of which are 3+ inches taller than he is. Ilgauskas has the length but not the footspeed... Bosh doesn't have the length or the toughness. Haslem is too short. That's all the big men they have and all of them are at a disadvantage. Then of course there are teams that match up with the Lakers size, strength and speed wise for the most part (Like Dallas and Boston) but just aren't as good.

Will be interested to see how well Anthony plays next to two superstars. Perkins wasn't much until the big 3 arrived. Not trying to compare them but great players makes role players look good.

JohnnySic
08-17-2010, 02:32 PM
The only teams that have the personnel to match LA's frontcourt are Boston (O'Neal 1 & 2, KG, Perk, BB) and a healthy Portland (Oden, Aldridge, Camby, Pryzbilla). Miami cant, but its not inconceivable that they could beat LA in other ways.

Anyway, this thread is moot, unless you care that much about 2 regular season games. The Finals will be a LAL vs Bos rematch barring some substantial unforseen circumstances.

Lebron23
08-17-2010, 02:36 PM
The only teams that have the personnel to match LA's frontcourt are Boston (O'Neal 1 & 2, KG, Perk, BB) and a healthy Portland (Oden, Aldridge, Camby, Pryzbilla). Miami cant, but its not incobceivable that they could beat LA in other ways.

Anyway, this thread is moot, unless you care that much about 2 regular season games. The Finals will be a LAL vs Bos rematch barring some substantial unforseen circumstances.

I don't want to see an Older Boston Celtics team in the NBA Finals. Celtics no longer have a great defensive assistant coach in Tom Thibbediu. I am sure the Bulls are capable of beating the Celtics in the first round of the playoffs next year.

All Net
08-17-2010, 02:38 PM
The only teams that have the personnel to match LA's frontcourt are Boston (O'Neal 1 & 2, KG, Perk, BB) and a healthy Portland (Oden, Aldridge, Camby, Pryzbilla). Miami cant, but its not inconceivable that they could beat LA in other ways.

Very possible guess it depends how Boston covers Wade. Will need to stop him better than last time.

Lebron23
08-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Very possible guess it depends how Boston covers Wade. Will need to stop him better than last time.

LeBron and Wade would get the Celtics front court into foul trouble.

All Net
08-17-2010, 02:42 PM
LeBron and Wade would get the Celtics front court into foul trouble.

Thats what I'm most interested in, will teams like Lakers get in foul trouble with these two around. They are so good at attacking the rim and getting calls. More than they deserve alot of the time. It's nervous to think about really.

Samurai Swoosh
08-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Miami doesn't need to worry about LA's front court. Bosh will make Gasol work on both ends, and vice a versa. They cancel each other out. All you need is a body on Bynum. He's not an impact player.

LA needs to worry about their front court. You have the two best penetrators in the game off the dribble, who get the MOST attention from the refs, and draw THE MOST fouls in the league playing together on the SAME damn team.

If they get into the lane at will (which they did on seperate teams, facing double teams no less) with less of a chance of help defense and doubles being thrown at them. With a PG who could be built up by those around him to be the next Rondo (Chalmers), who already plays great defense, can penetrate, and has a jumper way better than Rondo's was in 2008, or even now for that matter ... LA WILL have trouble with the Heat.

LeBron and Wade ideally, and on paper, will be getting more penetration than a porn star. It would be like a Ron Jermey / Wesley Pipes duo. Penetration, penetration, penetration. And who gets f ucked in that process? Paula Gasol, and the slow / un-athletic, easily lead into foul trouble Andrew Bynum.

The success of the Lakers v.s. the South Beach N.W.O. will be shouldered entirely by how healthy Kobe Bryant is ... how well he's playing next year, and by a in shape and focused Ron Artest. If he plays defense to the caliber he did on Durant, Hill, and Pierce ... as well as now being comfortable enough in the triangle and having enough confidence in his offensive game under Phil Jackson that saw him play extremely well in game 6 and 7 of the NBA Finals. That's whats going to dictate success for the Lakers. Kobe Bryant and Ron Artest have to be healthy, motivated, and ontop of their games on both ends of the floor.

Oh, and Derek Fisher needs to holla at Ra's Al Ghul and get in the Lazarus Pit, because since 2008 he can't do nadda. Yes, he's hit some clutch shots from time to time, but he can't defend ANYONE and no longer has the legs or the stroke to even be that consistent shooter he was last in 2008. He was the other reason their offense was so venemous in 2008. He hit all his open looks, and even the ones where he was covered. He can't do that anymore. Does he provide un valuable leadership, experience, rapport w/ the players and offense? Yes. Is he a coach on the floor? Yes. But this team would be so muc better with superior production from that spot on the floor. Kirk Hinrich on this team, and Miami Heat, Boston Celtics ... it'd be a non-issue. The Lakers WOULD MASH opponents. Hinrich / Bryant / Artest all playing defense side by side.

:eek:

Fisher, in his physical prime in the non-stream lined rules era of defense (pre 2005) was a bench player. Yet he's old as dirt and STARTING for a perrenial champion. That's crazy to me. They need to develop more reliable talent at that position fast if they want to keep contending. Same thing the Bulls did with Paxson in the early 90's. Great gritty, smart, skillful player ... but once age became a factor they had to phase him out in favor of my dude BJ Armstrong in order to win that three peat. Paxson served great off the bench. I think Fisher would be better in that role starting .... hmmm ... NOW.

bstickq1
08-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Oh, and Derek Fisher needs to holla at Ra's Al Ghul and get in the Lazarus Pit, because since 2008 he can't do nadda. Yes, he's hit some clutch shots from time to time, but he can't defend ANYONE and no longer has the legs or the stroke to even be that consistent shooter he was last in 2008. He was the other reason their offense was so venemous in 2008. He hit all his open looks, and even the ones where he was covered. He can't do that anymore. Does he provide un valuable leadership, experience, rapport w/ the players and offense? Yes. Is he a coach on the floor? Yes. But this team would be so muc better with superior production from that spot on the floor. Kirk Hinrich on this team, and Miami Heat, Boston Celtics ... it'd be a non-issue. The Lakers WOULD MASH opponents. Hinrich / Bryant / Artest all playing defense side by side.

:eek:

Fisher, in his physical prime in the non-stream lined rules era of defense (pre 2005) was a bench player. Yet he's old as dirt and STARTING for a perrenial champion. That's crazy to me. They need to develop more reliable talent at that position fast if they want to keep contending. Same thing the Bulls did with Paxson in the early 90's. Great gritty, smart, skillful player ... but once age became a factor they had to phase him out in favor of my dude BJ Armstrong in order to win that three peat. Paxson served great off the bench. I think Fisher would be better in that role starting .... hmmm ... NOW.

Remember, LAL signed Blake, who I would wager will get most of the minutes at the 1.

Rambis
08-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Miami doesn't need to worry about LA's front court. Bosh will make Gasol work on both ends, and vice a versa. They cancel each other out. All you need is a body on Bynum. He's not an impact player.

LA needs to worry about their front court. You have the two best penetrators in the game off the dribble, who get the MOST attention from the refs, and draw THE MOST fouls in the league playing together on the SAME damn team.

This is Miami's hope -- the way they imagine it could work. Have these guys even played together as a team? Good luck, cause there's a long way to go before the Heat gets to the finals.

As for the Lakers, they've been there 3 years running. Lakers have plenty of bigs, several good to very good/great perimeter defenders, and will be motivated just like everyone else will to knock these suckers down (tell me Kobe won't play his best defense ever/have his best defensive focus when they play these guys). It could happen the way you see it, but just as easily might not (I think you overrate Bosh quite a bit)Or have you never seen a team that looked good on paper screw up?

G-Funk
08-17-2010, 03:35 PM
They don't have to stop Gasol and Bynum to win.

Youre right, Heat should let them score at free will!

crisoner
08-17-2010, 03:43 PM

Anyway, this thread is moot, unless you care that much about 2 regular season games. The Finals will be a LAL vs Bos rematch barring some substantial unforeseen circumstances.

THIS

And Miami can beat the Lakers in the regular season once or twice just depends how the teams are playing during that stretch of the schedule. But in a seven game series...HELL NO. TO bad we probably will not get to see that because this Heat team can not beat Boston either in a seven game series. LA and Boston = Good TEAMS.

madmax
08-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Thats what I'm most interested in, will teams like Lakers get in foul trouble with these two around. They are so good at attacking the rim and getting calls. More than they deserve alot of the time. It's nervous to think about really.
these two get the calls for a reason - they are two best peentrating wings in the world...there's no other way arround it - all the teams will have to deal with foul trouble against the Heat. It's a headache to guard each one of them separately, but together on the same team? With Bosh draining open jumpers off the picks? Forget about it - other teams will have to pray for some kind of miracle to beat these guys in a 7 game series. Do miracles happen? Sure they do, but not that often really...

All Net
08-17-2010, 03:52 PM
these two get the calls for a reason - they are two best peentrating wings in the world...there's no other way arround it - all the teams will have to deal with foul trouble against the Heat. It's a headache to guard each one of them separately, but together on the same team? With Bosh draining open jumpers off the picks? Forget about it - other teams will have to pray for some kind of miracle to beat these guys in a 7 game series. Do miracles happen? Sure they do, but not that often really...

Basketball is more than just what you are saying, that is pure fantasy. Stuff you could say on 2K10...in reality winning titles is more than just what you described.

ImmortalD24
08-17-2010, 03:54 PM
I don't remember Bynum ever dominating Big Z.. and I think Magloire is the type of defender that could probably give him some trouble with his length.

Bosh - Gasol matchup will be interesting.. I believe both can hold their own.

My main concern with the Lakers bigs is them staying out of foul trouble with Wade/ LeBron attacking the basket from relentless pick and roll action.

Papaya Petee
08-17-2010, 03:56 PM

SmH

Lmao yes, that's why Wade's average vs Kobe including his rookie year is 27 PPG.

Keep em coming.

Papaya Petee
08-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Also, the Lakers fans always bash Bynum how bad he does in the playoffs, and now he will never be anything more then a role player, and now your making him into some superstar in this thread. He had 1 GOOD playoff game all last two seasons, and it was against the Phoenix Suns in a loss. Heat have nothing to worry about except rebounding from him, and shot blocking.

Also, Lamar a dominant big man? Please stop, you're making me cry.

game3524
08-17-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't want to see an Older Boston Celtics team in the NBA Finals. Celtics no longer have a great defensive assistant coach in Tom Thibbediu. I am sure the Bulls are capable of beating the Celtics in the first round of the playoffs next year.

This isn't a young team, they aren't going to forget how to play defense over night.

beermonsteroo
08-17-2010, 04:07 PM
:confusedshrug: The Lakers won't be in the finals so who cares?

madmax
08-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Basketball is more than just what you are saying, that is pure fantasy. Stuff you could say on 2K10...in reality winning titles is more than just what you described.
Basketball is actually very ordinary and straight forward sport - the most talented teams usually win . And it's hard to deny the amount of talent Heat have in their roster. Celtics and Lakers can only HOPE to slow down Heat and all the offensive firepower that team has. The way you and other Lakers fans talk is like Heat will play some college scrubs in their frontline against Lakers bigs, which is far from reality. Big Z is a seasoned vet and he always does well against Lakers and their bigs. Check his career numbers against Lakers if you wish. Heat are a dynasty for year to come, barring serious injuries or chemistry issues.

Heat>your team
08-17-2010, 04:15 PM
I don't think Bynum or Gasol will be that damaging, but Odom is worrying. He has like 3 inches on Haslem, plus he's just overall better.

The more pertinent question is how will LA stop Bron and Wade, the obvious answer being that they can't.

game3524
08-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Basketball is actually very ordinary and straight forward sport - the most talented teams usually win . And it's hard to deny the amount of talent Heat have in their roster. Celtics and Lakers can only HOPE to slow down Heat and all the offensive firepower that team has. The way you and other Lakers fans talk is like Heat will play some college scrubs in their frontline against Lakers bigs, which is far from reality. Big Z is a seasoned vet and he always does well against Lakers and their bigs. Check his career numbers against Lakers if you wish. Heat are a dynasty for year to come, barring serious injuries or chemistry issues.

Basketball is all about the frontcourts, all the past champions of the last 20 yeras all had great post play, the Bulls may be an exception, but Jordan was such a great player in the post.

In a 7 game series, size and skill usually prevails.

barbaroi
08-17-2010, 04:19 PM
I don't think Bynum or Gasol will be that damaging, but Odom is worrying. He has like 3 inches on Haslem, plus he's just overall better.

The more pertinent question is how will LA stop Bron and Wade, the obvious answer being that they can't.
Since 2008 Wade has shot 37.3% against the Lakers and Bron has shot 42.4%. That oughta be good enough.

game3524
08-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Since 2008 Wade has shot 37.3% against the Lakers and Bron has shot 42.4%. That oughta be good enough.

Yeah, also it is easier to limit perimeter play, post play on the other hand is another story. There is a reason why normally the team with the better frontcourt wins the championship.

08-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Damn Deadpool is retarded :facepalm

Heat>your team
08-17-2010, 04:24 PM

Right. But what other legitamite threats did that Heat or Cavs team have besides Wade or James?

Things are obviously completely different this season, you can throw those stats out the window.

madmax
08-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah, also it is easier to limit perimeter play, post play on the other hand is another story. There is a reason why normally the team with the better frontcourt wins the championship.
well, there lies the problem though - Heat are not your ordinary team to face. This team has 2 of the 3 best players in NBA and another all-star forward in their roster - how do other teams counteract this amount of talent? I guess we'll find out next year then...

game3524
08-17-2010, 04:28 PM
well, there lies the problem though - Heat are not your ordinary team to face. This team has 2 of the 3 best players in NBA and another all-star forward in their roster - how do other teams counteract this amount of talent? I guess we'll find out next year then...

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Post play usually beats out perimeter play. If any team is going to beat LA it is Boston.

Soundwave
08-17-2010, 04:36 PM
I think Magloire is going to be a surprise this year, I think he will do well as a defensive big.

All Net
08-17-2010, 04:37 PM
I think Magloire is going to be a surprise this year, I think he will do well as a defensive big.

at his age, I doubt it.

Samurai Swoosh
08-17-2010, 04:38 PM
My main concern with the Lakers bigs is them staying out of foul trouble with Wade/ LeBron attacking the basket from relentless pick and roll action.
Wade and LeBron don't neccessarily need "pick and rolls" to attack. They are both relentless off the dribble without it. Even for as great of defenders as Bryant and Artest are ... they can get by them without picks as well. Pick and Roll would be used as a strategy to kill Andrew Bynum, take him away from the basket, use his slow feet and reaction time against him. Esp with a good pick and pop Center with range in Big Z.

Svendiggity
08-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Wade and LeBron don't neccessarily need "pick and rolls" to attack. They are both relentless off the dribble without it. Even for as great of defenders as Bryant and Artest are ... they can get by them without picks as well. Pick and Roll would be used as a strategy to kill Andrew Bynum, take him away from the basket, use his slow feet and reaction time against him. Esp with a good pick and pop Center with range in Big Z.

Did you watch any Bynum last* year before the injury? Just curious

HiphopRelated
08-17-2010, 04:44 PM
and Wade and Lebron are 2-2 and 2-2 vs. Kobe and the Lakers the last 2 years

LA still gets carved up with their passing if shots aren't falling.

So now when they will be facing less pressure defensively.....

Heat>your team
08-17-2010, 04:45 PM
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Post play usually beats out perimeter play. If any team is going to beat LA it is Boston.

Usually, of course, doesn't include having 2 of the top 3 players in the league on the same team.

HiphopRelated
08-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Usually, of course, doesn't include having 2 of the top 3 players in the league on the same team.
people think they're facing Igoudala and Gerald Wallace

crisoner
08-17-2010, 04:47 PM
One thing I have not thought about and put in to play is the calls that the Heat will receive this year. LeBron and Wade on the same team....good argument for people saying they will put people in foul trouble. I hope this will not be true but two superstars will get superstar calls. We should set up a track record of the calls they will get. This alone is a HUG advantage for the Heat.

All Net
08-17-2010, 05:00 PM
It's funny people going on about how tough it will be to guard Wade/Lebron but are we forgetting Lakers have Kobe in the backcourt as well? he is going to just as tough for Miami to guard in a 7 game series. Lakers have a clear advantage in the frontcourt but have a top 3 player of their own to throw at Miami along with a great frontcourt/depth.

G-Funk
08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
I don't understand how Bosh, Haslem and Oldgauskas will keep Lakers Front Court from averaging 44/29/8/4. They're Front Court won't even come close to matching those points that's for sure. Heat fans remind me a lot of Thunder,Jazz and Suns fans during the playoffs. They all thought they had the size to beat the Lakers.

spree43
08-17-2010, 05:16 PM
The first thing is that Pau isn't Hakeem, lets be real here. He isn't a top echelon scoring centre. If he gives you 20 points you are really happy. Quoting Boshs 16 points on 45% FG, versus Gasols 18 at 55% when Bosh is the only option isn't really relevant. Even that is a wash, let alone when Bosh will get easier shots. But ignoring the easier shots, if Gasol gets 18/10 and Bosh gets 16/9 thats a wash.

Gasol and Bosh cancel each other out.

Wade and Kobe cancel each other out. If anything advantage Wade as Bryant ages and he seems to be settling for long fading jumpers more every day. But I'll call it equal.

So in terms of talent you've got Lebron versus nobody. Don't say artest can limit him. Nobody can stop him, be real. Put anyone on him he will drop 30/8/8 if he wants. Let alone if he decides to play PG for stretches. Are the Lakers going to play Barnes and Kobe in the backcourt? How will that work on offense? Will they practise the triangle with Barnes at pg, just for this?

Of course all this depends on how the heat fit together.

FTs win games. Don't know the exact stats but the heat have something like 3 of the top 5 FT attempt leaders from last year.

Svendiggity
08-17-2010, 05:31 PM
The first thing is that Pau isn't Hakeem, lets be real here. He isn't a top echelon scoring centre. If he gives you 20 points you are really happy. Quoting Boshs 16 points on 45% FG, versus Gasols 18 at 55% when Bosh is the only option isn't really relevant. Even that is a wash, let alone when Bosh will get easier shots. But ignoring the easier shots, if Gasol gets 18/10 and Bosh gets 16/9 thats a wash.

Wade and Kobe cancel each other out. If anything advantage Wade as Bryant ages and he seems to be settling for long fading jumpers more every day. But I'll call it equal.

So in terms of talent you've got Lebron versus nobody. Don't say artest can limit him. Nobody can stop him, be real. Put anyone on him he will drop 30/8/8 if he wants. Let alone if he decides to play PG for stretches. Are the Lakers going to play Barnes and Kobe in the backcourt? How will that work on offense? Will they practise the triangle with Barnes at pg, just for this?

FTs win games. Don't know the exact stats but the heat have something like 3 of the top 5 FT attempt leaders from last year.

i disagree with most of this.

LA KB24
08-17-2010, 06:13 PM
hahahahahahah

hahahahha

hahah

hah

ha

LA KB24
08-17-2010, 06:15 PM
If Bynum's healthy, the Lakers will win in 5 or 6.
i remember that thread that was started when lbj first joined the heat. you said something like there's no way any team has a chance...

now you're saying 5 or 6 games.

barbaroi
08-17-2010, 06:20 PM

It's actually Gasol 21 ppg at 55% and Bosh 16 ppg at 45% and rebounding assists and FTA are all in Pau's favor, so that is not a wash.

Kobe also outscores wade something like 29.5 on 46% to 26.5 on 44%, so that's not a wash either. And lately it's been even more tilted in Kobe's favor as ever since the Lakers aquired Pau Wade has struggled to find the hoop through the trees.

Sure, teaming up should ease their burdens a bit, but will it be enough when defensive intensity kicks up a notch in the playoffs and they have no reliable post defense?

tpols
08-17-2010, 06:21 PM

Thing is you're looking at it from a player to player comparison in terms of talent and ignoring the most important part which is how well they rebound, how good their team defense is, and how good their team chemistry is. Having two legit 7 footers in the paint makes life tough for slashers, an aspect you won't see in player versus player comparisons. The rebounding numbers will def favor the lakers also. I want to see how this heat team responds to the lakers bigs. The heat have a clear advantage in wing players but the lakers have a clear advantage in the frontcourt.:confusedshrug: The combo of Bynum and Gasol will totally outclass bosh and anthony in terms of banging on the glass. You saw what the LA bigs did to the most dominant rebounding and defensive frontcourt in the league in last years finals.

LA KB24
08-17-2010, 06:35 PM
BTW, this is basically a pointless discussion, because the Lakers won't play the Heat in the Finals.
oh so now the heat are not even making the finals huh?

flip flop.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 06:44 PM
I could see Boston upsetting the Heat and going to the Finals again.

LA KB24
08-17-2010, 06:58 PM
lol @ people comparing REGULAR season stats.

lakers are a COMPLETELY different team in the post season.

LA_Showtime
08-17-2010, 08:11 PM
i remember that thread that was started when lbj first joined the heat. you said something like there's no way any team has a chance...

now you're saying 5 or 6 games.

When did I say that? Either A) You're making shit up (this) or B) It was in jest.

Nash
08-17-2010, 08:33 PM
How will Lakers stop Lebron? And if they stop Lebron, how will they stop Wade, and if they manage to stop both of those guys, how will they stop Bosh?

I think thats a much better question.

All Net
08-17-2010, 09:02 PM
How will Lakers stop Lebron? And if they stop Lebron, how will they stop Wade, and if they manage to stop both of those guys, how will they stop Bosh?

I think thats a much better question.

To win titles you need to have more than 3 players and most importantly a frontcourt who can rebound.

Nash
08-17-2010, 09:04 PM
To win titles you need good players. If you have three of the best in the league then the two other ones don't need to be more than alright nba players.

Heat>your team
08-17-2010, 09:04 PM
The truth is that Lakers are the better team now, but just wait until Miami gets their chemistry going. It's impossible to make an informed prediction at this point.

All Net
08-17-2010, 09:09 PM
The truth is that Lakers are the better team now, but just wait until Miami gets their chemistry going. It's impossible to make an informed prediction at this point.

Indeed but it is fun to talk about.

All Net
08-17-2010, 09:10 PM
To win titles you need good players. If you have three of the best in the league then the two other ones don't need to be more than alright nba players.

Are you serious? :facepalm

SourGrapes
08-17-2010, 09:13 PM

it takes more than talent. teams that win are very good in several key areas, and one of the most important is controlling the paint.

there are questions about miami's ability to do so come regular season, and especially come playoffs

Nash
08-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Are you serious? :facepalm
Have you ever seen the best player, the second best player and one of the best PF play together in their prime before? I don't think you really understand how big this really is.

Heat>your team
08-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Indeed but it is fun to talk about.

It is, but it's just so hard to predict right now. We have no idea what role Lebron will take, or how Bosh's game will benefit with having 2 elite slashers on the court at the same time. We don't know how Spo will manage rotations, or who will play in crunch time.

Miami has all the potential to be competitive with LA, but it all depends how they click. And at the moment, it's impossible to predict, because it's never really happened before that 2 guys who play so similarly are the focal points on the same team. Something's gotta give, and I'm inclined to think that Lebron is gonna end up sacrificing the most shots.

Papaya Petee
08-17-2010, 09:21 PM
All I gotta say, is that Lakers #1 Option would be the #3 Option in Miami.

All Net
08-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Have you ever seen the best player, the second best player and one of the best PF play together in their prime before? I don't think you really understand how big this really is.

I realise how huge it is, however to win titles you need a balence and size, length and post play. Thats what has won titles since the MJ's Bulls teams. You need that presents on the low block to win. Is Bosh/Anthony/Magloire/Z enough to compare with L.A's frontcourt?

SourGrapes

the heat's front court would be the ball boys in los angeles

All Net

Thats your opinion, you could place Lebron/Kobe/Wade in any order they are that close.