PDA

View Full Version : The Official Dexter Season 5 Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Bano114
09-25-2010, 09:02 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mCJwxGhlcQQ/TEl2fDGsv2I/AAAAAAAABuU/gVK8APtLcO4/s1600/dexter+season+5.jpg

*WARNING* If you don't want to know anything at all about the upcoming season before you actually watch an episode do not watch the trailer.

Season 5 Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE

Season 5 premiers tommorow night on ShowTime at 11:00 PM Eastern.

I am trying not to spoil anything for people who haven't seen the last episode of season 4 for what ever reason but the question that everyone asked when they saw it was...:wtf: ?

The question everyone is asking now is "Now What?" I mean seriously...where does he go from here? This is probably one of the tougher situations hes been in and he's got to cover up more now then ever. This is going to be crazy.

tian820
09-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Usually the seasons start off kind of slow and build, but this one might just be crazy the entire time. Regardless, I can't wait

chrisxuk
09-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Season 5 premiers tommorow night on ShowTime at 11:00 PM Eastern.

F**K YEAH! That's all I wanted to know. I can't wait!

bada bing
09-25-2010, 10:41 AM
anyone that watches Dexter shoul have already seen last season's shocking finale. Its not a spoiler if we discuss it now. we should talk about it.

This season is going to be insane. i hope they let dexter go and we see the dexter from season 1 and 2 or even worse. I want to see a crazy dexter but i think its going to be the opposite. I think dexter will lose his mojo and just wont be able to do the job. He will be obsessed with consequences. He messed up huge last season where he killed an innocent man and then the whole thing with Rita.

i dont have showtime/hbo at home. gonna be downloading!

niko
09-25-2010, 10:46 AM
anyone that watches Dexter shoul have already seen last season's shocking finale. Its not a spoiler if we discuss it now. we should talk about it.

This season is going to be insane. i hope they let dexter go and we see the dexter from season 1 and 2 or even worse. I want to see a crazy dexter but i think its going to be the opposite. I think dexter will lose his mojo and just wont be able to do the job. He will be obsessed with consequences. He messed up huge last season where he killed an innocent man and then the whole thing with Rita.

post where you get it and i'll do same if i find it first. i don't have showtime either.

BTW, we can discuss last year's finale. If you are watching Season 5, i'm thinking they will mention it. The first 3 seconds of the preview you see what happens.

chrisxuk
09-25-2010, 10:47 AM
post where you get it and i'll do same if i find it first. i don't have showtime either.

Try Isohunt.com I'm pretty sure it'll be up on there not long after it's been broadcasted.

Bano114
09-25-2010, 10:51 AM

SPOILER ALERT OF PART OF SEASONS 1,2 AND 4 (KIND OF)

I cant imagine Dexter going crazy...I think he could start to lose it but then realize that if he's not there to train his son, who is just like him now, the way Harry trained him then his son is going to grow up like his brother. Dexter is too clutch and won't let that happen.

On the other hand Quinn looks like he's going to be Doakes 2.0....but I could imagine the writers suprising us and having something crazy happen with Quinn and Dexter.

chrisxuk
09-25-2010, 10:52 AM
This is also another thing I dislike about living in England. The decent television shows broadcast normally about half a year later here -_-

ZeN
09-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Cant wait to watch this..

However, contrary to what others said, I think it may start slow again. They are planning on showing the whole mourning process and how it would happen 'in real life' which wont be too dramatic I think. Regardless, It should be good..

BoogieWoogieMan
09-25-2010, 11:50 AM
I cant wait for this season even tho I don't know how they can top the previous villain, he's my favorite so far...

bada bing
09-25-2010, 12:55 PM
the more i think about it, i think its going to be slow. we will have to see dexter deal with emotions and try to control himself. i think its going to be more dramatic and darker than what we have seen so far. Dexter trying to control himself while other people suspecting him.

demonoid will have it for sure a day later. i dont have invites but if i did i would have shared.

AznTacoLover
09-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Can't wait to see how things are going to fall out..

bballer
09-25-2010, 02:11 PM
thinking of starting at season 1 on neftlix. good idea?

Bano114
09-25-2010, 02:22 PM

Very good idea. I started watching it on netflix earlier this year from season 1 and got hooked. Season 1 was one of the best seasons too.

bada bing
09-25-2010, 02:53 PM
:applause: :rockon:

chrisxuk
09-25-2010, 03:01 PM

No. It's an excellent idea.

Hibachi!
09-25-2010, 03:04 PM
I have a feeling ritas kids will live with their grandparents, while dexter takes harrison under his wing

Bano114
09-25-2010, 03:29 PM
I have a feeling ritas kids will live with their grandparents, while dexter takes harrison under his wing

Sounds legit but Cody loves Dexter. Maybey Cody and Harrison might grow up with a Dexter/Deb relationship.

Hibachi!
09-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Sounds legit but Cody loves Dexter. Maybey Cody and Harrison might grow up with a Dexter/Deb relationship.

true, that could work. I hope they finally implement deb finding out about dexter this season

Bano114
09-25-2010, 03:33 PM
true, that could work. I hope they finally implement deb finding out about dexter this season

I always felt that if she found out she would commit suicide.

Captain Kirk
09-25-2010, 03:41 PM
I can't wait for tomorrow! Thanks for the reminder thread.

Hibachi!
09-25-2010, 03:54 PM
I always felt that if she found out she would commit suicide.

that would be a huge twist, but then there would be two main characters gone from the cast. I wonder what sort of villain there'll be this season

kaktus14
09-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Shit,season 5 starts tomo?

Oh yeah baby,finally,cant wait,I still have chills from season 4 finale:D

bladefd
09-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Definitely one of my favorite all-time tv shows. Just great suspense.. :D

bigkingsfan
09-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Hell yea, Dexter up against Quinn. Similar to the Doaks battle in Season 2!

Hibachi!
09-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Hell yea, Dexter up against Quinn. Similar to the Doaks battle in Season 2!

hell yeah, season 2 was my favorite. the way he framed doakes = :applause:

Bano114
09-25-2010, 07:09 PM
hell yeah, season 2 was my favorite. the way he framed doakes = :applause:

really? I rank them as 4,1,2,3 in that order from best to really really good.

niko
09-25-2010, 07:13 PM
really? I rank them as 4,1,2,3 in that order from best to really really good.
I liked them all. i liked season 1 the best because it had the only storyline from beginning to end that was engaging. Season 3 was weird as it felt disconnected episode to episode, but the best friend time with Jimmy SMits was fantastic as it lasted.

Bano114
09-25-2010, 07:15 PM
I liked them all. i liked season 1 the best because it had the only storyline from beginning to end that was engaging. Season 3 was weird as it felt disconnected episode to episode, but the best friend time with Jimmy SMits was fantastic as it lasted.

Yea, but I think they used season 3 to allow alot of things to fall in place in season 4.

GOBB
09-25-2010, 07:20 PM
I liked them all dispite the criticism some have about certain seasons. I'm excited tomorrow it returns. I do like Boardwalk but that will have to be watched later. Dexter comes first. Cant wait to see it pick up from the amazing last episode that messed my head up.

niko
09-25-2010, 07:39 PM
I liked them all dispite the criticism some have about certain seasons. I'm excited tomorrow it returns. I do like Boardwalk but that will have to be watched later. Dexter comes first. Cant wait to see it pick up from the amazing last episode that messed my head up.
Dexter is today isn't it?

Qwyjibo
09-25-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm surprised this didn't leak early on the internets like it did the last couple seasons. The longer wait than usual has been agonizing for me.

IlliniFan
09-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Nice timing. True Blood ends, Dexter begins. :cheers:

Captain Kirk
09-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Dexter is today isn't it?

Sunday

Tarik One
09-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Nice timing. True Blood ends, Dexter begins

Stopped watching True Blood after watching the first 2 episode of this current season. Just lost interest. It seemed to get a little too girly

Tarik One
09-25-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't buy into all this "Quinn is the new Doakes" junk.

I think Dexter respected Doakes, but I don't think he's ever respected Quinn. Doakes said what was on his mind, he was never sneaky about things the way Quinn was. Doakes was also a badass soldier before he became a cop and Doakes is willing to kill a murderer much like Dexter is.

Not to mention Doakes was a worthy advisory. They're dialogues together were epic. Dexter just seems really annoyed with Quinn like he wants to kill him just to get him to shut up.

Bano114
09-25-2010, 08:34 PM
I don't buy into all this "Quinn is the new Doakes" junk.

I think Dexter respected Doakes, but I don't think he's ever respected Quinn. Doakes said what was on his mind, he was never sneaky about things the way Quinn was. Doakes was also a badass soldier before he became a cop and Doakes is willing to kill a murderer much like Dexter is.

Not to mention Doakes was a worthy advisory. They're dialogues together were epic. Dexter just seems really annoyed with Quinn like he wants to kill him just to get him to shut up.

One of my favorite scenes in the history of the show...I laughed so much.:roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2OEmZFRxvA

momo
09-26-2010, 06:42 AM
Nice, cant wait & I don't have showtime. Anyone finds a link after it airs, plox let me know.

chrisxuk
09-26-2010, 07:19 AM
Nice, cant wait & I don't have showtime. Anyone finds a link after it airs, plox let me know.

I'm 99% certain it will be on Isohunt.com not long after it has been broadcasted.

Bano114
09-26-2010, 10:04 PM
1 hour til the premiere.

Bano114
09-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Well the season preview at the end pretty much confirms that theres going to be a new serial killer villian. Quinns going to make this season really good.

Hibachi!
09-27-2010, 02:26 AM
just finished watching. soooooooo pumped for this season :cheers:

Captain Kirk
09-27-2010, 02:43 AM
Good episode. I was like WTF when he was telling them what happen while wearing the Mickey Mouse ears XD

chrisxuk
09-27-2010, 03:43 AM
It's all over newsgroups & torrent sites. Should be no problem at all if you wanted to acquire a copy illegally.

macmac
09-27-2010, 04:06 AM
I gotta say as much I love Dexter, this episode was cringe-worthy. That's the difference between HBO and cable tv...The writing and acting just isn't strong enough to deal with the aftermath of such a tragedy....the grandparents, the kids, the co-workers, I just didn't buy any of their reactions..

The show has always been great at creating conflict and plot twists at the cat and mouse game that Dexter always gets caught in, not so much at building any deep characters besides Dexter himself. I guess this show will pick up once we get into the action or Quinn gets deeper into his investigation...

chrisxuk
09-27-2010, 05:13 AM
I gotta say as much I love Dexter, this episode was cringe-worthy. That's the difference between HBO and cable tv...The writing and acting just isn't strong enough to deal with the aftermath of such a tragedy....the grandparents, the kids, the co-workers, I just didn't buy any of their reactions..

The show has always been great at creating conflict and plot twists at the cat and mouse game that Dexter always gets caught in, not so much at building any deep characters besides Dexter himself. I guess this show will pick up once we get into the action or Quinn gets deeper into his investigation...

I know what you mean. I enjoyed S05E01, and I think it will get even better when it starts to get back to normal trying to catch the serial killer.

ZeN
09-28-2010, 12:31 AM
The first episode was solid. They way they decided to treat the story seems fitting since its a difficult transition from such a surprising event to trying to get a new narrative going. It wasnt a great episode but they got a lot out of the way in once sitting.. so now they can move on to the progression conflict and the probable suspicion of guilt.

At least the episode served as a cleansing of evidence left from previous seasons.. in his destroying everything when he intended to depart.

momo
09-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Pretty good.

tian820
09-29-2010, 03:23 PM

Are you trying to say you don't think Showtime puts out as good a product as HBO? Not saying I disagree with that, but as far as "cable TV" goes, Showtime is closer to HBO's category than just your run of the mill cable TV channel

Tarik One
09-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Are you trying to say you don't think Showtime puts out as good a product as HBO? Not saying I disagree with that, but as far as "cable TV" goes, Showtime is closer to HBO's category than just your run of the mill cable TV channel

The gap is narrower now that the Sopranos, Sex and the City and the Wire have been gone for several years.

The first episode was solid. They way they decided to treat the story seems fitting since its a difficult transition from such a surprising event to trying to get a new narrative going. It wasnt a great episode but they got a lot out of the way in once sitting.. so now they can move on to the progression conflict and the probable suspicion of guilt.

Yeah, I'm glad they wrapped up all the Rita stuff in one episode and don't appear to drag it out like most other shows would, with the exception of Rita's kids reaction to her death. But they get little screentime anyway so it won't be that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

I think Dexter is gonna go all out like McNulty did in the final season of The Wire.

Bano114
10-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Episode 2 starts in half an hour.

Hibachi!
10-03-2010, 10:53 PM
so excited for tonight's episode. i hate having to wait until the download link comes out though. sucks not having showtime

chrisxuk
10-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Just finished watching it, thought it was a rather good episode.

*Spoiler Alert, do not continue reading if you haven't watch S05E02 and don't want to know what happens*

So it seems we have our new serial killer, Quinn looked as if he recognised who it was in the sketch of Kyle Butler, Batista got into his fight, Astor & Cody have moved. Anything else?

BigTicket
10-04-2010, 12:39 PM
So it seems we have our new serial killer.

I'm not sure we do, or at least I don't think it's the guy with the blondes in the barrels. He seems too primitive to be the focus of an entire season, and Dexter already found him after 2 episodes.

If we do have the new serial killer I'd say it'll be whoever cut the head off that woman (and possible staged her husbands suicide).

macmac
10-04-2010, 12:50 PM

Pretty much. Don't get me wrong, I like Dexter a lot, but shows like Dexter, Prison Break, 24, etc.... rely on plot twists, cliff hangers and suspense more than a great acting cast, character development, solid directing and camera work, well researched material, etc, etc...

The second episode picked up, but still that bathroom scene with Astor? Man, i know she's a kid and all, but the way she rushes through her lines makes me want to fast forward live television...take any kid from the Wire and put em in that scene and they would ace it, although a ghetto black kid might seem slightly out of place there....

bada bing
10-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Pretty much. Don't get me wrong, I like Dexter a lot, but shows like Dexter, Prison Break, 24, etc.... rely on plot twists, cliff hangers and suspense more than a great acting cast, character development, solid directing and camera work, well researched material, etc, etc...

The second episode picked up, but still that bathroom scene with Astor? Man, i know she's a kid and all, but the way she rushes through her lines makes me want to fast forward live television...take any kid from the Wire and put em in that scene and they would ace it, although a ghetto black kid might seem slightly out of place there....

i think you are being very picky and trying to find faults when there aren't any faults there.

tian820
10-04-2010, 01:17 PM

Astor isn't all that easy to watch, but at least they got rid of her for the time being. Kids aren't the easiest to cast anyways. She's just so easy to hate though between how much of a ***** her character is (not easy to do either being a young character) and the fact that she's obviously not the best on the show.

I actually thought the show went back to its normal formula a bit in episode two. Slowed things down a little with the crime scenes and Dexter hunting down his next target. No actual kill from Dexter either. Still looking forward to next week though

bada bing
10-04-2010, 02:23 PM
i will give you this much though: that scene in episode 1 where dexter tells the kids and grandparents that rita died was done very badly. I know they tried to show dexter as being emotionless and 'not-human-like' but it was still done badly. I think that was the only moment in dexter that i thought was cringe worthy.

Captain Kirk
10-04-2010, 03:21 PM
i will give you this much though: that scene in episode 1 where dexter tells the kids and grandparents that rita died was done very badly. I know they tried to show dexter as being emotionless and 'not-human-like' but it was still done badly. I think that was the only moment in dexter that i thought was cringe worthy.

That scene was hilarious, he had the mickey mouse ears on :roll:

And about Episode 2, I'm starting to think that cop at the crime scenes is somehow linked to those killings.

Tarik One
10-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Of course the cop is linked. That's why they kept zooming in on her. I believe the husband killed the wife and she pulled a Dexter and avenged her death by killing the husband.

Hibachi!
10-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Of course the cop is linked. That's why they kept zooming in on her. I believe the husband killed the wife and she pulled a Dexter and avenged her death by killing the husband.

good theory. that'd be interesting to have another dexter-esque character. this season is gonna be so gooood! i'm so pumped lol the road kill murderer is gonna be a good twist

BigTicket
10-04-2010, 07:05 PM
good theory. that'd be interesting to have another dexter-esque character. this season is gonna be so gooood! i'm so pumped lol the road kill murderer is gonna be a good twist

My guess is the road kill murderer will be dead within 2 episodes.

Hibachi!
10-04-2010, 07:20 PM
My guess is the road kill murderer will be dead within 2 episodes.

I think they'll get rid of him quickly as well, maybe the cop will become the main villain for this season. The Kyle Butler sketch artist part is going to be pretty epic next episode, when they link it to dexter

Tarik One
10-05-2010, 11:00 AM

Or you can argue that they're just showing how Deb has come full-circle. Remember that Deb was once that beat cop who had ideas and just wanted someone to give her a chance. Fast forward a few years, and Deb was quick to dismiss what this peon had to say, and now she realizes she should have listened to her. Evolution

Hibachi!
10-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Or you can argue that they're just showing how Deb has come full-circle. Remember that Deb was once that beat cop who had ideas and just wanted someone to give her a chance. Fast forward a few years, and Deb was quick to dismiss what this peon had to say, and now she realizes she should have listened to her. Evolution

wow, thats a really good call. never would've that about it that way. I'm so glad that rita and cody are gone to their grandparents. I had a feeling that would happen. theres just too many characters with them involved and it's too hard to get a good villain in there

Thorpesaurous
10-05-2010, 12:17 PM
I absolutely love Dexter. But I gotta agree to some extent with MacMac that the characterization, wheather it's due to the writing or the acting, can definitely be a little more hokey than on some of the bigger produced HBO stuff. It's not in the major characters. Dexter, and his sister are both really well done. Harry's moments are usually well done, but most of the other characters, La Guerta, Batista, the asian guy, the kids, the neighbor, even Rita, are or were sketches at best.

That said the show is great. It's got a great structure. The Road Kill guy will be dead by next week. They use this consistent formula where there's a main story arc that's operating on two levels, firstly Dexter's outward relationships, and secondly on his main prey for the season, who's usually tied in with the major police work. Both Dexter and the police tracked both the Ice Truck Killer, The Jigsaw Killer, and Trinity at the same time, and in a way they both tracked the Bay City Butcher at the same time, only in that case it was him in reallity, and Doakes in the way Dexter "tracked" him. Underneath that main arc are these shorter, usually two episode minor arcs, where Dexter feeds his urges with shorter run hunts. I'd say the Roadkill Killer is one of those shorter spurt hunts.

I was a big fan of his previous show, Six Feet Under, and I've said this before, but there's a lot of parallells. In the structure, it did a very similar thing. The main story about the Fisher's ran throughout. But there were shorter story arcs that lasted an episode or two about whatever the funeral service they were working on for those couple episodes were. And it'd be used to teach some lesson, or have some allegorical connection to the main story. And from a performance perspective, I've often said how odd it is that Dexter uses a lot of the same techniques that Hall used in Six Feet. Instead of hiding his dark killing urges from his family and coworkers, he was hiding his homosexuality. Always on the brink of repression. And he hid it under an extremely uptight, professional facade.

I'm really looking forward to this season. I remember rumors of this being the last season, and I've been saying for years that I think the series will end with Dexter turning himself in to Deb. I can still see that going that way. I really think the Santa Muerta thing will be the main arc this year. And I do think that female cop will be a major tie in. She may be another Dexter, and Dexter may have to fight with his code over wheather or not it allows him to kill someone else working similarly with a code. It's an issue he's fought with before with Jimy Smits. She may be even more similar to him though. Using her police access, like him, to get information on people who deserve retribution whom she can take out her urges on. If they're going to keep the show going, she could wind up being the foil who takes the fall for Dexter as Kyle Butler. If she's been killing bad guys, maybe she killed Trinity along the way, they'll just have to figure out a why to use the dead Kyle Butler to take the fall within the family.

Bano114
10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
I absolutely love Dexter. But I gotta agree to some extent with MacMac that the characterization, wheather it's due to the writing or the acting, can definitely be a little more hokey than on some of the bigger produced HBO stuff. It's not in the major characters. Dexter, and his sister are both really well done. Harry's moments are usually well done, but most of the other characters, La Guerta, Batista, the asian guy, the kids, the neighbor, even Rita, are or were sketches at best.

That said the show is great. It's got a great structure. The Road Kill guy will be dead by next week. They use this consistent formula where there's a main story arc that's operating on two levels, firstly Dexter's outward relationships, and secondly on his main prey for the season, who's usually tied in with the major police work. Both Dexter and the police tracked both the Ice Truck Killer, The Jigsaw Killer, and Trinity at the same time, and in a way they both tracked the Bay City Butcher at the same time, only in that case it was him in reallity, and Doakes in the way Dexter "tracked" him. Underneath that main arc are these shorter, usually two episode minor arcs, where Dexter feeds his urges with shorter run hunts. I'd say the Roadkill Killer is one of those shorter spurt hunts.

I was a big fan of his previous show, Six Feet Under, and I've said this before, but there's a lot of parallells. In the structure, it did a very similar thing. The main story about the Fisher's ran throughout. But there were shorter story arcs that lasted an episode or two about whatever the funeral service they were working on for those couple episodes were. And it'd be used to teach some lesson, or have some allegorical connection to the main story. And from a performance perspective, I've often said how odd it is that Dexter uses a lot of the same techniques that Hall used in Six Feet. Instead of hiding his dark killing urges from his family and coworkers, he was hiding his homosexuality. Always on the brink of repression. And he hid it under an extremely uptight, professional facade.

I'm really looking forward to this season. I remember rumors of this being the last season, and I've been saying for years that I think the series will end with Dexter turning himself in to Deb. I can still see that going that way. I really think the Santa Muerta thing will be the main arc this year. And I do think that female cop will be a major tie in. She may be another Dexter, and Dexter may have to fight with his code over wheather or not it allows him to kill someone else working similarly with a code. It's an issue he's fought with before with Jimy Smits. She may be even more similar to him though. Using her police access, like him, to get information on people who deserve retribution whom she can take out her urges on. If they're going to keep the show going, she could wind up being the foil who takes the fall for Dexter as Kyle Butler. If she's been killing bad guys, maybe she killed Trinity along the way, they'll just have to figure out a why to use the dead Kyle Butler to take the fall within the family.

I definetly don't think this is going to be the last season because he has the responsibility of raising Harrison now. Harrison was also born in blood so he has to make sure he can control his urges. I think the series will end with a Dexter suicide.

Hibachi!
10-05-2010, 07:02 PM
I definetly don't think this is going to be the last season because he has the responsibility of raising Harrison now. Harrison was also born in blood so he has to make sure he can control his urges. I think the series will end with a Dexter suicide.

agreed with the suicide, or maybe harrison murders dexter? lol nahh probably not, but you never know. He's got to confess to deb eventually however

macmac
10-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Nice breakdown thorp, I agree through and through...

As far as Dexter committing suicide goes? I would be incredibly surprised. It goes against everything his character stands for. In a way, Dexter is very selfish and egocentric, he always puts his thirst for blood on the forefront. He believes in survival of the fittest and a warped moral code and while he has an obsession with death, he values his life and I doubt he would let it go to waste in such cowardly fashion. Even when Doakes was caged and he was caught in a great moral dilemma, suicide never crossed his mind...

Also, his opinion of his dad, whom he's always placed on a heroic pedestal, definitely dropped a couple of notches after finding out the old man took the easy way out after realizing what he created.

Bano114
10-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Nice breakdown thorp, I agree through and through...

As far as Dexter committing suicide goes? I would be incredibly surprised. It goes against everything his character stands for. In a way, Dexter is very selfish and egocentric, he always puts his thirst for blood on the forefront. He believes in survival of the fittest and a warped moral code and while he has an obsession with death, he values his life and I doubt he would let it go to waste in such cowardly fashion. Even when Doakes was caged and he was caught in a great moral dilemma, suicide never crossed his mind...

Also, his opinion of his dad, whom he's always placed on a heroic pedestal, definitely dropped a couple of notches after finding out the old man took the easy way out after realizing what he created.

But even after...he still looks to his father for advice. He shows up at almost every crucial moment in his life. I was thinking maybey things get so bad that he follows his lead.

DONT READ AFTER THIS IF YOU DID NOT SEE EPISODE 3.

Episode 3 was definetly the best one so far. What they did with Fowler in the house was pretty awesome. Now he has to deal with Julia Stiles character which I think is going to be pretty interesting. Also I do think the Spanish cop is the one commiting the Santa Muerta murderers because she was the last one to see that guy before he was killed. She could be a killer who also uses her job in law enforcement to find kills and cover up for them. Just a theory. Also Quinn seems to be getting closer...

Chamberlain
10-11-2010, 12:58 AM
The season started off slow but it's already progressing quite quickly into what seems to be a very interesting series of events. Can't wait to see what happens next week if/when Quinn gets to talk to the Mitchell's.

Hibachi!
10-12-2010, 01:21 AM
just finished watching e03. man, i can't wait to see the result of Quinn showing the Mitchell family the photo.
next week's preview of dexter chasing after the witness looks so intense!

brwnman
10-12-2010, 02:46 AM
As rumors have gone about this being the last season; I must say, it's really looking like it. The show still hasn't lost its touch, 5th season in and still intense as ever...

Bano114
10-17-2010, 10:59 PM
New episode starts now. This is the one i've been looking forward to most so far.

Bano114
10-17-2010, 11:53 PM
SPOILER ALERT FOR EPISODE 4

Wow...theres a whole squad of serial killers? This is going to be pretty interesting. His face was priceless when she said that. Quinns plan was interfered with but I think they want to give him time to build his relationship with Deb so if/when something does happen it still effects Dexters life after it happens.

Bano114
10-24-2010, 11:01 PM
*****SPOILER ALERT ********

hmm, one thing's for sure, the preview for this episode made it seem far more crazier than it really was, but the episode was still good

not sure if im digging where they are going with julia stiles, but the idea of there being a group of serial killers is intriguing.

i hope something twisted like this happening:
Deb gets close to Quinn; Quinn reveals to Deb what he thinks and knows about dexter (kyle butler thing). Maybe Deb will have to kill Quinn to protect Dexter. This would obviously lead to a very dramatic confrontation between Dexter and Deb about the 'truth'. Obviously, it's a reach, but damnit i want something crazy to happen
I hope this dexter/deb/quinn thing is focused on and developed more so than the julia stiles thing

That would be pretty crazy. New epiosde is about to come on now.

SavageMode
10-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Yesterdays episode was quite sloppy and slow imo.. hope it picks up next week.

brwnman
10-25-2010, 07:43 PM
best show EVVVVEEER! MOAR MOAR MOAR! need dexter...

Thorpesaurous
10-26-2010, 08:19 AM
I just caught up last night (I've gone to Boardwalk and Eastbound on Sundays, and I catch up with Dexter over the next couple days).

Gotta say, not thrilled with the Luman stuff. Although it is interesting that he's now got someone who's actually seen the real him. It could get good should he confide in her some more. He actually gave her his real name, which felt like a "duh duh duhhhhh" kind of a moment. But with where it's at now, it's too much like he's babysitting her. They went to such extremes to write off the actual kids, only to give him someone else to nurture just a few episodes later. I mean they killed his wife, and sent his kids to live with the grandparents to rarely be spoken of again, and brought in a nanny who works well into the night, all over the first few episodes, seemingly to free him up again, then they immediately tie him down with Luman (which is a strange name). Her saving grace at the moment is that she's pushing Dexter to reevaluate where he is with the code, and that Julia Stiles is pretty damn good in comparison to a lot of the other characters on the show, and gives Dexter someone to really work off of.

The Santa Muerta stuff is far more interesting. I'm looking forward to Dexter getting more involved in that. And the holdover stuff from last year, Quinn, Kyle Butler, Trinity's family, and I always like Deb, is all far more interesting. I really wish they'd tie in with that already.

As usual "Next Weeks Looks Great". They can really cut together a trailer for this show. But I'm buying in this time. Someone getting away. His having to help clean up Luman's mess. And the confused Dexter? proclamation by Deb when she approaches the crime scene (which definitely feels like one of those situations they edited the hell out of to make look like something it's not for the trailer), all look like intrigueing parts to next episode. And leaving off from this episode, bringing Quinn back to his Dirty Cop roots makes it feel like they're finally getting at that Dexter/Quinn conflict, because he'll have a foothold against him now, and with the other dirty cop tracking Dexter, it seems like that part of the plot is starting to go.

Gundress
10-26-2010, 01:13 PM
I don't want to say the show fell off but it's definitely teetering on the edge.

They got too much dumb sh!t happening.

Dex killing dude in broad day light in a bathroom, no explanation for how he cleaned that up and escaped the crime scene.

Dex chilling with that other killer in broad day light, eating lunch in front of like 20 people. Dex riding along with dude on his job....you're telling me this super cautious dude didn't radio his boss and tell him "hey, I got a potential hire with me today". He just let a complete stranger come with him?

Being found unconscious in the park....it's like god damn man, how f*cking sloppy are they gonna make Dexter? At this point 100+ people seen him with that dude, who obviously is now missing because Dex killed him. Then on top of that they was in the hospital....hospitals got mad cameras all over the place in 2010.

Dex lying about having Harrison with him, when he left him all night with the nanny. That's an easy lie to get caught up in. Dex telling the nanny "I spent all night trying to keep a girl alive"....why the f*ck would he offer that info to a complete stranger, even if she doesn't understand the context?

Dex chasing that chick through fields and shit in broad ass day light....Dex being seen with this b!tch all over the place, and telling motel employees "she's my wife".

There's a bunch more sh!t but I ain't even gonna get into it. The writers this season are dragging this show way down.

Tell me I am not the only one on this one?

Randy
10-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Well, that episode was... pointless and redundant. What happened exactly? We learned that guy under the bridge didn't rape Luman, and I personally learned that Angel and LaGuerta are even more boring than they were last season. The two previous episodes were solid, but the premiere and this most recent one were difficult to sit through with all that boredom setting in.

Quinn is on Dexter's trail, but I don't feel like he poses any threat towards Dexter, so I just don't feel that whole dramatic tension that's supposed to be there. When Dexter was on the brink of getting caught in season 2 when they found the submerged bodies, I was much more engaged in Dexter's fate. I simply just don't care right now.

Thorpesaurous
10-26-2010, 02:03 PM
I really feel like the Quinn angle is the one that will push the season along, but it has taken tediously long to get into it. Quinn with Deb's affection on one side and Dexter's target on the other. That to me feels like it's the point of the season, but right now they've got him tied into a completely seperate plot with Luman that just doesn't make a ton of sense.

And yeah, one of the shows big flaws is that any time they stray to any of the side stories, the show suffers. Batista and LaGuerta are terrible. And anything more than a few moments of comic relief from Vince Masuka is way too much. And they're dealing with way to much Batista/LaGuerta stuff right now.

SavageMode
10-26-2010, 03:33 PM
I was hoping Dexter was gonna kill that Lumen *****.

Hibachi!
10-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

blondie
10-26-2010, 04:30 PM
dexter is leaving evidence everywhere.

It's also scary how pissed off Harry is getting, it's like Dexter is cracking and going insane, it would make no sense if dexter doesnt get arrested at the end of the season with all the mistakes he's making

GOBB
11-01-2010, 06:04 PM
How the hell did Dexter escape that mess? :oldlol:

BoogieWoogieMan
11-01-2010, 06:07 PM
How the hell did Dexter escape that mess? :oldlol:

Cause he's a smooth mother f*cka! :pimp:

SavageMode
11-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Decent episode. Still wish Dexter woulda killed Lumen. For some reason I get this feeling the Sonia babysitter is like some undercover FBI agent watching Dexter. Like where exactly did the FBI go from the first episode when investigating him? Also it's pretty unoriginal how Quinn turns heel. I predict Dexter will have to kill him later on like a Doakes rerun.

chrisxuk
11-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Vince Masuka's explanation of how those two guys were murdered was absolutely hilarious!

Thorpesaurous
11-02-2010, 12:04 PM
That was a classic Dexter misdirect. It doesn't make much sense, and it always feels quickly thrown together, but it works well enough, and builds up suspense really right up to the last minute. I get the feeling that Masuka's gonna run some finger prints off that hose thought and start getting a lead on Luman.

I'm not a huge fan of the Luman character, but she could be interesting in so far as Dexter has forever been looking for someone he can safely expose himself too. Laila, Jimy Smits, even Trinity. He's always had hopes of having someone he could let see him as he is and be ok with it. Luman may be the one. I would not be happy about the series ending with him running off into the sunset with Luman as a serial killing happily married couple, I can tell you that. Deb has to find out for the series to end properly in my mind. What she does once she knows can go any number of ways, but she has to find out.

And yes, Masuka's pantamime of the murder scene was in fact hillarious.

I still like the show plenty, but I really don't think I could rightfully tell someone that it's great anymore. It's entertaining, and still has moments of well thought out sequences, but it's definitely thin in the character department, and goofy on more than occasion.

The new Latina cop looked pretty damn good all slutted out with her Shiela E getup on.

franchise#3
11-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Will there be a season six? Can't finding anything online.

Andrei89
11-02-2010, 12:50 PM
I heard this is the last season of this epic show that never dissapointed.

Hibachi!
11-02-2010, 02:00 PM
I've been kind of disappointed with the last few episodes. Not enough suspense/cliffhangers it seems. Dexter is getting sloppy as someone said before. But his crime scene clean up attempt reminded me of the Season 3 finale when he chucked the Skinner's body down onto the cop car.
Anyways, I'm hoping that there is a huge twist in the next episode or so, because these last few are slowly building up to something and I don't want to be let down!

Thorpesaurous
11-08-2010, 11:42 PM
I thought this was a good episode with the noose tightening. Quinn and Liddy getting closer. And yet Lumen, who was pretty good in this episode, pulls him in further to the hole he seems to be unaware he's digging. So far this year the conflict really hasn't been established enough, but it's starting to take shape. And the old group of friends as rapists and killers of young women is a really disturbing and interesting set up for a killer. I just hope it leaves time for a few of Dexter's mini story arcs that are usually so much fun.

The Dexter and Lumen ride off into the sunset killing scumbags feels like a possiblitly at the moment. But similar things were thought about Layla and Jimy Smits and similar points in those seasons.

The seperation between the major Santa Muerta case and Dexter's barrell killer case now going into the cops is a little different than I recall on the show. I mean the cops always have some other minor thing going on, but that Santa Muerta case seems like an ongoing major plot line for the whole season. They may wind up using the escaped brother as a fall guy for Boyd Fowler or the Barrell girls in general.

Thorpesaurous
11-09-2010, 01:25 PM
A rediculous aside that I noticed in an episode from I believe two weeks ago ... for those of you who watch similar Sunday night programming as me.

In the episode where Lumen decides not to get on the airplane (I believe that opens an episode from two weeks ago, not closes the episode from three weeks ago). She gets in a cab and the cab driver turns and says "Welcome to Miami", implying that she didn't actually take the flight at the end of the previous episode.

Anyway, I completely randomly noticed that that Cab Driver is in fact Kenny Powers' retarded half Mexican brother on Eastbound and Down.

I noticed only because I frequently watch the shows recorded back to back, and it's a one in a million shot, and I haven't looked it up and don't know 100% if it's him ... but it's him.

Chamberlain
11-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Anyway, I completely randomly noticed that that Cab Driver is in fact Kenny Powers' retarded half Mexican brother on Eastbound and Down.

I noticed only because I frequently watch the shows recorded back to back, and it's a one in a million shot, and I haven't looked it up and don't know 100% if it's him ... but it's him.

Same thing happened to me. It's definitely him! I laughed so hard seeing him in the cab :oldlol:

Thorpesaurous
11-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Same thing happened to me. It's definitely him! I laughed so hard seeing him in the cab :oldlol:

Cool, I feel less insane now. I rewound it probably a half dozen times. I was hoping Lumen would pee on his steering wheel while he wasn't looking. But alas ... not the same show.

Captain Kirk
11-15-2010, 03:59 PM
I want to like Lumen, but she is really making Dexter go soft. As a result of her, that PI is so close on their tail that he knows almost everything and Dexter doesn't have a clue.

Laguerta is a f'n bitch, I used to want to like her but that was a serious lame move. But on the otherhand, Manzon is really hot, I need to find some full body pics because she looks like she may be packing in the back.

blondie
11-15-2010, 04:11 PM
this is the only show i watch besides NBA and football, but it is becoming really shit since Julia Stiles and her ugly face, horrible acting and contrived character have entered the scene. The finale will be Dexter and Julia Stiles riding into the sunset with Harrison murdering serial killers together, and that is when I will stop watching Dexter

praneel
11-15-2010, 08:33 PM
I want to like Lumen, but she is really making Dexter go soft. As a result of her, that PI is so close on their tail that he knows almost everything and Dexter doesn't have a clue.

Laguerta is a f'n bitch, I used to want to like her but that was a serious lame move. But on the otherhand, Manzon is really hot, I need to find some full body pics because she looks like she may be packing in the back.

That damn PI is gonna ruin things! Dexter is slippin hard, he thinks this is good for him, but its just creating more problems. I wonder if Debra is gonna get cut down some because of the suspension?

I hate having to wait a whole week...

Tarik One
11-15-2010, 09:54 PM

I think you're missing point. Dexter is becoming more and more humanized as the show goes on. Has nothing to do with Lumen

Thorpesaurous
11-15-2010, 10:54 PM
I really like the angle of Dexter feeling like he can open up to Deb because she seems to not feel much or any regret after killing that Fuentes brother. But it seems like it's more a parallell line of thinking, and not something that'll fully develop. It's unfortunate, because that's clearly Dexter's best and longest standing relationship.

I don't mind Lumen as much as I originally did. And I have to admit that the team of rapists remains intrigueing, but it does leave the hour a little jam packed. There's not nearly enough time for Dexter's little asides that for me have been the best part of the show over the years.

With the disconnect between the police case and Dexter's work. Dexter not really working at all. Deb's relationship with Quinn, but not knowing what he's up to. And Dexter not knowing what Quinn and Liddy are up to. The show feels much much more disjointed than usual. It's not a bad thing, it's just not what I expect from this. It's usually written really tightly, almost formulaic. It feels spread a little thin so far this year. I'm sure it'll come together.

Hibachi!
11-21-2010, 05:24 PM
new episode in 8 hours :cheers:

Tarik One
11-21-2010, 06:49 PM
For those of you who have seen the previews, how much you wanna bet that the person who breaks into the house turns out to be Lumen's husband?

Bano114
11-21-2010, 08:13 PM
For those of you who have seen the previews, how much you wanna bet that the person who breaks into the house turns out to be Lumen's husband?

It definetly will be.

It said it was a returning character though. I dont think whats his name is really an important enough character to be called returning. But it definetly will be. The writers like to put the audience in suspense on something that seems big but turns out to be little when in the mean time something big is developing.

Hell maybey it will be that guy from last season who went around the neighborhood breaking peoples stuff.:oldlol: In all seriousness it's probably her ex fiance.

Bano114
11-21-2010, 10:12 PM

Wow. I would have never guessed who it actually was.

Hibachi!
11-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Wow. I would have never guessed who it actually was.

how have you seen it already!?

Bano114
11-21-2010, 10:40 PM
how have you seen it already!?

I have shotime.:rockon:

Bano114
11-21-2010, 10:43 PM
I wont spoil it because most of you havent seen it yet but shit gets real this episode.

Yep. Next episode is going to be crazy. It was hard to see at the beggining of the season but the writers are tieing everything together really well. Most of this episode I believe was put there to set up for maybey a future season but the things that did happen that pertain to this season are going to make everything insane.

alenleomessi
11-22-2010, 05:54 AM
I miss Doakes he was the shit

Thorpesaurous
11-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Definitely great episode. Best of the season by far. And big tie ins everywhere. Deb finding out about Lumen is a huge step in the season progressing. And Deb getting back into the barrell girls case is much more what I expect out of the structure of the show. Both Dexter and the Police hunting the same criminal for different reasons, and Dexter racing against them.

chrisxuk
11-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Definitely great episode. Best of the season by far. And big tie ins everywhere. Deb finding out about Lumen is a huge step in the season progressing. And Deb getting back into the barrell girls case is much more what I expect out of the structure of the show. Both Dexter and the Police hunting the same criminal for different reasons, and Dexter racing against them.

Definitely the best episode of the season. I loved it! I hate having to wait a week between episodes :lol

Last few words were great.

Bano114
11-22-2010, 06:29 PM

I have a couple of feelings about the season.

1. Quinn is going to try and patch up his relationship with Dexter and forget about the Kyle Butler theory in order to patch things up with Deb by giving him a talk which proves to Dexter that he truly loves Deb and is good for her. Quinn patches up his relationship with Deb and they are in love more then ever.

2. It looked to me like Liddy was watching what Dexter and Lumen were doing. Liddy obtains video proof of a murder and calls Quinn saying he has proof that Dexter is dirty. When Quinn refuses to look at it Liddy attempts to go strait to Deb but Dexter finds out and kills Liddy before the video can get to her. At the end of the season Quinn notices Liddy suspiciously disappears after Liddy calls him with proof. The final scene of the season is Quinn obtaining the video and beggining to watch in horror.

Season 6= Quinn fighting over his love for Deb and want as a Detective to bring down Dexter. Dexter starts to notice Quinn is suspicious and we have a Doakes vs Dexter part 2. A Deb and Quinn marriage may happen sometime in this season just to make Quinns fall that much more harmful to Deb.

Is that not an interesting theory or what? I would make a pretty good writer.

Hibachi!
11-22-2010, 07:37 PM
I have a couple of feelings about the season.

1. Quinn is going to try and patch up his relationship with Dexter and forget about the Kyle Butler theory in order to patch things up with Deb by giving him a talk which proves to Dexter that he truly loves Deb and is good for her. Quinn patches up his relationship with Deb and they are in love more then ever.

2. It looked to me like Liddy was watching what Dexter and Lumen were doing. Liddy obtains video proof of a murder and calls Quinn saying he has proof that Dexter is dirty. When Quinn refuses to look at it Liddy attempts to go strait to Deb but Dexter finds out and kills Liddy before the video can get to her. At the end of the season Quinn notices Liddy suspiciously disappears after Liddy calls him with proof. The final scene of the season is Quinn obtaining the video and beggining to watch in horror.

Season 6= Quinn fighting over his love for Deb and want as a Detective to bring down Dexter. Dexter starts to notice Quinn is suspicious and we have a Doakes vs Dexter part 2. A Deb and Quinn marriage may happen sometime in this season just to make Quinns fall that much more harmful to Deb.

Is that not an interesting theory or what? I would make a pretty good writer.

your liddy idea is really good. Had me excited just thinking about it. That'd be intense.

Such a good episode this week OH MAN! lmao I love just getting so pumped about this show, haha so good.

IGOTGAME
11-22-2010, 11:07 PM
is there a torrent of this episode up? I didn't catch it at my friends house this Sunday.

Qwyjibo
11-23-2010, 12:26 AM

That would be a gross violation of Dexter's code though. It seems like they are bringing that more into focus now with Dexter making sure that there are no more mistakes like in season 4 (minus the one rage kill at the start of season 5, we'll let that slide :oldlol: ). Unless Liddy has killed someone, Dexter wouldn't do this. Just like he wasn't going to with Doakes.

Hibachi!
11-23-2010, 01:55 AM
is there a torrent of this episode up? I didn't catch it at my friends house this Sunday.

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/253430833/dexter+s05e09?tab=summary

brwnman
11-23-2010, 03:25 AM
That would be a gross violation of Dexter's code though. It seems like they are bringing that more into focus now with Dexter making sure that there are no more mistakes like in season 4 (minus the one rage kill at the start of season 5, we'll let that slide :oldlol: ). Unless Liddy has killed someone, Dexter wouldn't do this. Just like he wasn't going to with Doakes.

but number 1 rule. Don't get caught.

Dex has killed a few guys who don't murder.

As you mentioned, the guy in the beginning of the season. The pedophile that was taking picture of Astor. The mistake in season 4 (the whole remorse thing)...

momo
11-23-2010, 05:41 AM
I was starting to snooze out of this season some but the last episode woke me right up.

Bano114
11-23-2010, 05:39 PM
but number 1 rule. Don't get caught.

Dex has killed a few guys who don't murder.

As you mentioned, the guy in the beginning of the season. The pedophile that was taking picture of Astor. The mistake in season 4 (the whole remorse thing)...

He killed Rita's ex-husband Paul as well, and Miguels brother too. That was by accident though.

ALBballer
11-23-2010, 05:46 PM
He killed Rita's ex-husband Paul as well, and Miguels brother too. That was by accident though.

I thought Paul was in jail and was killed by an inmate? Granted Dexter is the reason why he was in jail.

BoogieWoogieMan
11-23-2010, 05:50 PM
I thought Paul was in jail?

Dexter framed him by making it seem that Paul become a druggie again, informed the cops as an anonymous tip and they sent him back in jail, Paul made a lot of enemies in the joint and ended up getting killed inside

Edit: Nvm lol

bladefd
11-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Honestly, I don't like this season very much. There were many epic instances that I thought were great but for the most part, I feel like it is kind of dragging along just barely. :ohwell:

Bano114
11-23-2010, 06:41 PM
I thought Paul was in jail and was killed by an inmate? Granted Dexter is the reason why he was in jail.

Yeah he was killed by an inmate. But that was dexters fault. He drugged him up and dragged him out. That was my last memory of it. Nothing he could do about that though so technically not against the code.

brwnman
11-23-2010, 08:15 PM

OSCAR! that's the one I was forgetting...

GOBB
11-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Good luck getting out of this jam Dexter. Cant wait to see how this ends.

Hibachi!
11-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Good luck getting out of this jam Dexter. Cant wait to see how this ends.

ugh I can't wait to watch this epi. I hate not having showtime, gotta wait til tomorrow and torrent it.

brwnman
11-29-2010, 03:18 AM
ugh I can't wait to watch this epi. I hate not having showtime, gotta wait til tomorrow and torrent it.

pm'ed you a link. it's a bit of a process to get going. But you can download the show almost right after.

- AND MAN! Liddy has me scared. I'm not worried about Jordan Chase or Debra's leads, it's all about Liddy...

Captain Kirk
11-29-2010, 03:26 AM
Anyone notice the Xbox 360 in Cole's house when the cops were searching his house. He doesn't strike me as a gamer :oldlol:

brwnman
11-29-2010, 03:38 AM
Anyone notice the Xbox 360 in Cole's house when the cops were searching his house. He doesn't strike me as a gamer :oldlol:

The best part was when Dexter brought gloves for Lumen. He wrapped them like an actual present. Only Dexter would give "murder gloves," as a present, neatly wrapped in a box :roll: ...

Hibachi!
11-29-2010, 03:38 AM
pm'ed you a link. it's a bit of a process to get going. But you can download the show almost right after.

- AND MAN! Liddy has me scared. I'm not worried about Jordan Chase or Debra's leads, it's all about Liddy...

thanks man, repped. Sometimes I get lucky and find links right after but usually I'm tortured and have to wait til tomorrow lol

Captain Kirk
11-29-2010, 03:42 AM
The best part was when Dexter brought gloves for Lumen. He wrapped them like an actual present. Only Dexter would give "murder gloves," as a present, neatly wrapped in a box :roll: ...

Yes, psycho love :roll:

alenleomessi
11-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Dexter actually enjoyed the sex this time :lol

Thorpesaurous
11-29-2010, 01:11 PM
This season really has turned out to be pretty good. I wish there were more asides. More of the smaller kills Dexter does that usually expose more of his character, but this season was more plot driven than usual. And once Lumen's character rounded into shape, it's actually been pretty damn good.

It does seem like they're awfully late in the game this year for Dexter to know nothing about Liddy. I fear he won't be tied up very well just because it feels like they'll be forced to rush.

The show is always best when the tension rises and it feels like Dexter is just about to get it. And it's coming from a few sides right now, Jordan, Deb, and Liddy, so it's really good.

Crown&Coke
11-29-2010, 03:18 PM
^
Agreed.

At first, I was excited about Season 5 from the first few episodes, then my excitment decreased as it got a little boring, now it has ratched up a notch.

I was at the edge of my seat when Deb and Quinn were at the dudes (the banker guy) house where Lumen and Dex were, but super happy when they showed what went down.

Dexter is the shizz, I got to get my fix every week.

Hibachi!
11-29-2010, 06:15 PM
SO GOOD this week! oh man!

Three ways I can see it ending:

1. Liddy gets killed, then Quinn see's Liddy's tapes.
2. Lumen gets pinned for killing the 5 men.
3. Deb finds out Dexter killed the 5 men with Lumen and thinks it was "right".

Qwyjibo
11-29-2010, 10:58 PM
Either way, it definitely looks like one of Deb or Quinn will find out about Dexter. Maybe both.

Hibachi!
11-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Either way, it definitely looks like one of Deb or Quinn will find out about Dexter. Maybe both.

seems like they're setting it up so Deb won't care that Dexter killed those men

Bano114
11-30-2010, 06:56 PM
seems like they're setting it up so Deb won't care that Dexter killed those men

It seems like they set it up so Quinn won't tell Deb.

Honestly I think Dexter is going to clutch it by killing Jordan Chase and making it look like Emily Birch was the vigalante who did it. That's the only reason why I think they introduced her to the show + shes directly related to Jordan Chase.

Crown&Coke
11-30-2010, 07:11 PM
It seems like they set it up so Quinn won't tell Deb.

Honestly I think Dexter is going to clutch it by killing Jordan Chase and making it look like Emily Birch was the vigalante who did it. That's the only reason why I think they introduced her to the show + shes directly related to Jordan Chase.

They did find a ladies footprint outside of that bankers house, so it might fly.

But that would be messed up if he framed Emily without finding out if she is a bad apple :lol That scene with Jordan and Emily was pretty weird.

But maybe they brought her on the show to find out the link between the pack of dudes? And get her to ID the last guy.

bada bing
12-02-2010, 05:47 PM
they are going to shake it up by having dexter move to a new city. have a new team and people he works with. might have his sister has a recurring actor but will make new relationships and stuff. that is the only way i see this show moving on.

IlliniFan
12-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Doakes never really died. Boom. New season.

machel123
12-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Dexter trying to control himself while other people suspecting him.

Bano114
12-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Future Seasons HAVE to include Dexter training Harrison to control his urge and only kill people who deserve it like he does.

ZeN
12-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Future Seasons HAVE to include Dexter training Harrison to control his urge and only kill people who deserve it like he does.
That was my hope when I saw the suspected set up in the finale of season 4.

Bano114
12-05-2010, 08:42 PM
That was my hope when I saw the suspected set up in the finale of season 4.

Yeah I'm hoping for that too. I wouldn't be surpised if it ended with a Dexter suicide after he see's what Harrison has turned in to. Just so the story comes full circle.

ZeN
12-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah I'm hoping for that too. I wouldn't be surpised if it ended with a Dexter suicide after he see's what Harrison has turned in to. Just so the story comes full circle.
Now..

You may just be talkin' crazy...

Bano114
12-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Now..

You may just be talkin' crazy...

How crazy? Didn't Harrison commit suicide when he saw what Dexter had become? You can't disregard it as a possible ending.

enayes
12-05-2010, 10:10 PM
I have watched every single episode of Dexter in the last couple of months. I am officially caught up with the current episode. Dexter has become my favorite show. Season 2 is prob my fav, with season 1 right after it, followed by 4 and 3. Not sure where I'll place this season.

Hibachi!
12-05-2010, 10:20 PM
I have watched every single episode of Dexter in the last couple of months. I am officially caught up with the current episode. Dexter has become my favorite show. Season 2 is prob my fav, with season 1 right after it, followed by 4 and 3. Not sure where I'll place this season.

agreed, season 2, 1, 4, 3

Bano114
12-05-2010, 10:53 PM
I say 4 1 2 3.

This episode was the best one by far. I cant believe everything that happened. I really cant. I cant wait for next week either because this might be one of the craziest endings yet. I'm literally in shock over this episode. I cant stress it enough.

Hibachi!
12-06-2010, 01:27 AM
can someone hit me up with a stream/DL link if they have one? thanks!

IlliniFan
12-06-2010, 02:58 AM
Great episode. As far as best seasons I'd go with this order: 1, 2, 5, 4, 3. Yeah there's still one episode left for this season but unless they colossally **** up, it's been a pretty good season.

Hibachi!
12-06-2010, 03:20 AM
HOLY JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH! unreal episode
spoiler (white text)
I'm so glad he killed liddy, but man I wonder what is going to happen with quinn next episode!!! mannnn

Bano114
12-06-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty much going through the motions this week just waiting for sunday night. Is it going to be a 2 hour episode? I hope it is.

SPOILER

I thought he was going to kill Liddy, but not like that. When Liddy captured him I was like oh shit. Chase killing Emily Birch totally threw me off guard as well. I thought Dexter would pin it on her but thats not an option now.

Dont be suprised if Dexter notices the blood on Quinn's boot and sets him up to make it look like Quinn killed Liddy. That would be some shit right there.

Hibachi!
12-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm pretty much going through the motions this week just waiting for sunday night. Is it going to be a 2 hour episode? I hope it is.

SPOILER

I thought he was going to kill Liddy, but not like that. When Liddy captured him I was like oh shit. Chase killing Emily Birch totally threw me off guard as well. I thought Dexter would pin it on her but thats not an option now.

Dont be suprised if Dexter notices the blood on Quinn's boot and sets him up to make it look like Quinn killed Liddy. That would be some shit right there.

GOOD theory, I'd put money on that. That'll be sick, ahh man, if this series didn't sign on for another season I have no idea how they would've ended this.

Bano114
12-06-2010, 07:38 PM
GOOD theory, I'd put money on that. That'll be sick, ahh man, if this series didn't sign on for another season I have no idea how they would've ended this.

At least we know Dexter will be ok.:applause:

ZeN
12-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Did anyone else the preview for next week?

They showed Deb pointing her gun at Dex to drop the knife.. could get interesting..

Qwyjibo
12-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I could see Lumen (by her choice) taking the fall for the killings and Quinn for Liddy.

Bano114
12-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Did anyone else the preview for next week?

They showed Deb pointing her gun at Dex to drop the knife.. could get interesting..

Well they never showed them both at the same time. It was Deb pointing the gun and saying drop it, then a cut to Dexters face. Could be 2 seperate scenes conviently put like that to throw us off. If she does find out though...:eek:

ZeN
12-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Well they never showed them both at the same time. It was Deb pointing the gun and saying drop it, then a cut to Dexters face. Could be 2 seperate scenes conviently put like that to throw us off. If she does find out though...:eek:
I do realize that.. They have done scene shots many time in the teasers to fool people into thinking that something may happen, when it wont.

You do have to admit tho that the last few episodes have been making Deb speak almost as if she is justifying what the 'vigilantes' are doing.. It just makes you wonder..

Bano114
12-06-2010, 08:27 PM
I do realize that.. They have done scene shots many time in the teasers to fool people into thinking that something may happen, when it wont.

You do have to admit tho that the last few episodes have been making Deb speak almost as if she is justifying what the 'vigilantes' are doing.. It just makes you wonder..

I agree 100% and you are absolutely right but I'm not trying to get my hopes up in anyway. I feel like just because I want it to happen it probably won't wind up happening.

sunsfan1357
12-06-2010, 09:06 PM
So with this being finals week and all I decided to spend the last day watching all of Season 5 :oldlol:

What I think may go down is that Deb gets to Chase before Dexter does and sees that Lumen is the last victim/the one that got away. She then does away with the whole vigilante theory knowing the connection with Dexter and Lumen, but insists on finding out what Dexter's deep dark secrets are from there.

Just watched the trailer for next week and my long shot theory absolutely won't happen lol

Qwyjibo
12-07-2010, 02:08 AM
As for the seasons:

1 - Still the standard and amazing from start to finish. The freshness of the show is a big plus for this season.
4 - The impact and effectiveness of the Trinity storyline was huge. Great acting in this season too.
2 - Loved the Doakes/Bay Harbor Butcher stuff. Not so much a lot of the Lilah stuff in the middle of the season.
3 - The Skinner and Miguel Prado? Meh. Still better than most shows out there but it seems like season 5 has done everything season 3 did, just much better.

So far, I'd have season 5 right there with season 2, maybe a bit better.

blacknapalm
12-07-2010, 05:07 AM
i didn't like some of the inconsistencies of this season, but that's nitpicking. it's sorta lame that emily is dead now. she had an intriguing, jilted relationship with chase. that could have been explored further. plus, it just makes chase look like a psychotic killer instead of the master motivator/manipulator we've come to see him as.

i can def. see quinn taking the fall for liddy. i don't think deb finds out. she's not emotionally ready for that yet. in many ways, she still idolizes her brother and that would just devastate her even if she's 'warm' to the idea of a vigilante killer. i think somehow emily will be framed as the vigilante killer that died from her wounds or something weird like that. i really don't want lumen to be around next season so hopefully she gets closer and goes off somewhere.

Thorpesaurous
12-07-2010, 01:02 PM
As for the seasons:

1 - Still the standard and amazing from start to finish. The freshness of the show is a big plus for this season.
4 - The impact and effectiveness of the Trinity storyline was huge. Great acting in this season too.
2 - Loved the Doakes/Bay Harbor Butcher stuff. Not so much a lot of the Lilah stuff in the middle of the season.
3 - The Skinner and Miguel Prado? Meh. Still better than most shows out there but it seems like season 5 has done everything season 3 did, just much better.

So far, I'd have season 5 right there with season 2, maybe a bit better.

This is how I'd have em too. With 4/2 both being really close, and this season really good to. The weak spot in two is the lack of a true bad guy for him to hunt, the Bay Harbor Butcher is himself/Doakes. Not having that took a little of the mystery element out of what worked so well in season one. Even season four I felt was a little hurt by having Trinity exposed so early, but when you have a guy the quality of Lithgowe, you're better off letting him work the character. But otherwise it was a great season.
Season one I remember knowing as soon as they showed him that the brother was the Ice Truck Killer, but had no idea it'd be his brother (Deb sure has been through the ringer, she's been with both a Serial Killer and then an FBI agent both killed).

I really disliked season three a lot. It's too bad to because the Skinner was a nice return to the mystery element lacking in season two. But the Miguel Prada character was nearly unwatchably bad for me.

alenleomessi
12-07-2010, 01:29 PM
They renewed for new season which will be the last
I wish i can somehow remove my memory :lol and watch it again

Thorpesaurous
12-07-2010, 03:42 PM
They renewed for new season which will be the last
I wish i can somehow remove my memory :lol and watch it again

I read the thing about the new season, but I hadn't seen anything about them saying for sure it was going to be the last. You'd think the network would want some definitive answers so they could advertise appropriately, nearly as much as the writers would so they could do whatever it is they wanted to do.

I wonder if they shot an alternate conclusion to this season depending upon what may or may not happen contractually.

EricGordon23
12-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Which season of Dexter is the best?

Bano114
12-07-2010, 06:38 PM

Theyre all really good. If you've never watched it start from season 1 because that's arguablly the best. Season 4 amazing as well.

enayes
12-07-2010, 11:54 PM

You deifinitely want to watch season 1. Being introduced to Dexter and the overall story made for an amazing season.

Season 2 was prob the most enjoyable for me due to the build up in the last part of the season. 3 was alright, still had some great moments and 4 was really good.

SPOILERS

As for the current season, I think that Deb will find out that Dexter was killing the rapists, and she will keep it a secret. But they will keep Dexter's true serial killer history in the dark.

I think Deb will be the one to kill Chase in some kind of final confrontation that invloves Dex, Lumen, and Quinn.

I could see Quinn being set up to take the fall for Liddy, but I don't think that will happen. Quinn seems to really love Deb so he could end up keeping the secret about Dexter as well.

In the end I think Dex & Lumen, and Deb & Quinn will all be alive and well.

Qwyjibo
12-07-2010, 11:56 PM
In the end I think Dex & Lumen, and Deb & Quinn will all be alive and well.
That would be too neat of an ending for the world of Dexter. One of those couples will be shattered, possibly both. I'd put money on Quinn taking the fall for Liddy and Dexter struggling with it next season.

enayes
12-08-2010, 12:01 AM
That would be too neat of an ending for the world of Dexter. One of those couples will be shattered, possibly both. I'd put money on Quinn taking the fall for Liddy and Dexter struggling with it next season.

We'll see. The tension between Quinn and Dexter could be an interesting part of next season, with Quinn in love with Deb and all. I really want Dexter to tell Deb the truth about everything, but her being a detective and all makes that complicated. They really have set the stage for Deb to find out about Dexter's activities this season without it being that big of a deal.

brwnman
12-08-2010, 12:29 AM
I actually think Lumen dies in the next episode proving once again that having relationships with dexter always ends with death. I think Quinn goes back to hunting Dex when he finds out that Liddy is dead. Debra remains in the dark with Dexter's true identity. Police pin the murders of Chase' associates to Emile Birch and Lumen, who both end up dead.

How does Chase die? Who the f*ck knows...

GOBB
12-08-2010, 12:37 AM
I cant wait for the episode when Deb finds out about Dexter. Does she turn him in? Disown him? No way the Dexter series ends without her EVER knowing. I dont know what season it'll be in. I just want to see it. She's getting pretty damn close at busting him.

enayes
12-08-2010, 01:07 PM
I cant wait for the episode when Deb finds out about Dexter. Does she turn him in? Disown him? No way the Dexter series ends without her EVER knowing. I dont know what season it'll be in. I just want to see it. She's getting pretty damn close at busting him.

I can't wait either. She has been close to catching him in almost every season but Dexter always finds a way to steer her in another direction.

Bano114
12-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Deb definetly has to find out. But as long as Quinn knows somethings up with Dexter and Quinn is still alive/ not in jail, I don't think Deb will find out.

The way things look like they're going to pan out are...

Liddy's murder blamed on Quinn.

Vigilante killings blamed on Emily Birch who died when she went after Jordan Chase.

Jordan Chase? Anything could happen at this point.

Lumen, same.

Don't be suprised if Deb becomes distracted from the case if Quinn is arrested and doesn't find out about Dexter.

Tarik One
12-09-2010, 02:26 PM
im as big a fan of Dexter as anyone else, but the last 5 minutes of the last episode could've changed the whole game for me. But making Jordan from a compelling character to a generic psycho in one scene pretty much ruined any anticipation I might've had.

I'm enjoying the season but it's a huge mess. Kyle Butler, Hot Latina Cop, and Cult killer subplot just vanished and that's very unusual for this show. Like in another thread, this never happened. Not even in Season 3 and 4. It's the new show runner cutting corners.

enayes
12-09-2010, 04:22 PM
After the club shooting there wasn't much of a story there. Deb killed one of them and civilians were shot, so it was just a big mess. If they continued that story, this season would have beeen even more confusing. This season hasn't been great but I still love Dexter.

One of my friends uncles lives 2 house down from rita's house in the 1st season, he saw a lot fo the filming going on.

Venom
12-11-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't know what I'm going to do once the season ends. What's another show that has a plot that is as compelling as Dexter's?

ZeN
12-11-2010, 09:29 PM
I don't know what I'm going to do once the season ends. What's another show that has a plot that is as compelling as Dexter's?
Theres quite a few out there actually.. You just gotta search them out.. I would recommend but I dont know what you have watched and your general taste.. but theres a bunch of quality shows with good plot-lines.

Venom
12-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Theres quite a few out there actually.. You just gotta search them out.. I would recommend but I dont know what you have watched and your general taste.. but theres a bunch of quality shows with good plot-lines.

I'll watch anything from a cop show to sci-fi. I'd love a show that's a few seasons in already so I can catch up on Netflix at my own pace.

ZeN
12-11-2010, 10:36 PM
I'll watch anything from a cop show to sci-fi. I'd love a show that's a few seasons in already so I can catch up on Netflix at my own pace.

Have you watched The Shield, Battlestar Galactica, or Mad Men? They are consistent shows that have great acting, directing, writing, and progressive plot lines.

The beauty of those shows is the way they keep everything grounded and relatively plausible. They build up characters to such depth that you end up investing your personal feelings in what happens to them. Also, much like Dexter.. with each season you end up loving em' more..

Randy
12-11-2010, 10:38 PM

Breaking Bad will blow your mind. Best show on TV, imho.

ZeN
12-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Breaking Bad will blow your mind. Best show on TV, imho.
QFT

B.B. is a definite, must watch..

Gundress
12-11-2010, 10:42 PM
What is Mad Man show about?

Venom
12-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Thanks Zen and Randy. I'll check them all out.

brwnman
12-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Breaking Bad has a lot to do with preference. I didn't like it. It was too slow, and I didn't find anything special in that show...

Bano114
12-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Tonight's The Night.

Bano114
12-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Only a few more minutes...

enayes
12-12-2010, 10:05 PM
how quickly do the episodes go up on megavideo?

Venom
12-12-2010, 10:12 PM
how quickly do the episodes go up on megavideo?

The next day. They're up hours after the episode airs on Demonoid.

EricGordon23
12-12-2010, 10:22 PM
I know this is season 5 Thread BUT i just finished Season 1 and it was AMAZING. I am definitely hooked. Going out tomorrow to buy season 2 and hopefully its as beast as the first season.

enayes
12-12-2010, 10:31 PM
I know this is season 5 Thread BUT i just finished Season 1 and it was AMAZING. I am definitely hooked. Going out tomorrow to buy season 2 and hopefully its as beast as the first season.

Season 2 is beast, you're in for a treat.

Hibachi!
12-12-2010, 10:51 PM
pretty excited, hopefully I can find a DL/streaming link asap

Bano114
12-12-2010, 11:05 PM
All I'm going to say is I'm interested in seeing what direction next season is going to go in. The end of this season doesn't really give you any clues as to what happens next. Just have to wait.

heyhey
12-12-2010, 11:14 PM
meh finale but the last scene was great. the show kept it safe with its handling of the quinn and jordan chase situation. they didn't do anything that would fundamentally change the show for the next season which is good I suppose.

Tarik One
12-12-2010, 11:22 PM
It looks as if they added closure to a lot of plotlines due to the fact that they were unaware of the show being renewed for another season while filming.

WhySoInsecure?
12-13-2010, 12:28 AM
It looks as if they added closure to a lot of plotlines due to the fact that they were unaware of the show being renewed for another season while filming.
there's obviously going to be a season 6, some of the actors are already signed for next season.

bladefd
12-13-2010, 01:10 AM
I am about halfway through the episode. I just want to say that Dexter is an IDIOT so far. I thought he was making too many mistakes, this last one with the car running into a tractor was stupid. Seriously, he was racing at full speed without trying to sneak in then he runs into a big yellow tractor. :oldlol:

Dexter has completely lost his touch. They have to end this series soon, this can't go on forever.

bladefd
12-13-2010, 01:35 AM
BTW - did anyone catch what Quinn said to Dexter at the end after "for the blood work" and dexter responds "Just doing my job." I dunno what Quinn said after that.

Better ending than I originally expected. I definitely expected Dexter to let Quinn free once he was prying the blood off the shoe.

Hibachi!
12-13-2010, 02:21 AM
BTW - did anyone catch what Quinn said to Dexter at the end after "for the blood work" and dexter responds "Just doing my job." I dunno what Quinn said after that.

Better ending than I originally expected. I definitely expected Dexter to let Quinn free once he was prying the blood off the shoe.

LOL I replayed that scene like three times trying to hear what Quinn said and it's incomprehensible mumbling

Hibachi!
12-13-2010, 02:29 AM
did anyone else notice that chick Masuka was with at the birthday party's ass? :eek: :applause:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa196/Osgood41/Picture5-3.png

Chamberlain
12-13-2010, 02:55 AM
How could you miss it?!

brwnman
12-13-2010, 03:11 AM

"yea... well, that was the one thing hanging me up. I owe you one."

But seriously, what a f*ckin show! Love it...

YouCallILose
12-13-2010, 03:38 AM

in that order of best to worst

i stopped watching 3 midway, it was horrible

As for Quinn..he knows Dexter killed Liddy, so he's just going to let him slide? :confusedshrug:

Captain Kirk
12-13-2010, 04:17 AM
I wonder how old Harrison will be in the next season.

ZeN
12-13-2010, 04:24 AM
This last episode was okay but a bit underwhelming..

Gundress
12-13-2010, 05:03 AM
The season finale was kinda disappointing...It had its moments but I dunno.

Deb finding Dexter behind the plastic sheet would’ve been an epic moment in television. Seriously, that was the perfect way for her to find out. Thing is, you could see it all coming. After they killed Jordan I thought right then and there she was using him. I guess she wasn't but sorta was. She did feel for Dex but damn, they gotta lay off the woman for Dex shit ain't working and we know the outcome. I knew Dex was gonna cover for Quinn. I felt this season "Cop-Out"....still disappointing.

Gundress
12-13-2010, 05:34 AM
I'm still buggin' over the "its the detective who solved the barrel girls case!" shit.......like THAT one day wrapped it up

Nevermind that they don't know where any of the murdering rapists are....or Jordan Chase specifically, who they've been hunting for weeks....or any clue about the vigilantes.....or really ANYTHING. But f*ck it, shit is SOLVED NOW! :facepalm

:facepalm @ Deb not wanting to see who the vigilantes were

:facepalm @ Dex "clearing" Quinn...nevermind the prints/phone calls

:facepalm @ Deb not noticing the upside down car or Jordan's car and calling for back-up

:facepalm @ Lumen just being another one-season character (maybe, admittedly...)

:facepalm @ Quinn not caring that Dexter probably killed Liddy

:facepalm @ EVERYTHING that happened....THIS IS WORST THE SEASON!:facepalm

ZeN
12-13-2010, 05:38 AM
This season was weak particularly because of how strong season 4 was.

momo
12-13-2010, 08:28 AM

in that order of best to worst

i stopped watching 3 midway, it was horrible

As for Quinn..he knows Dexter killed Liddy, so he's just going to let him slide? :confusedshrug:

Does he?

ZeN
12-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Does he?
We were never really given an indication that he knows that Dexter killed him. The only thing he knows for sure is that Dexter helped him when it came to the 'blood work'.

chrisxuk
12-13-2010, 08:52 AM
I need to wait for just over 2 hours before I can watch this. :(

ZeN
12-13-2010, 08:54 AM
I need to wait for just over 2 hours before I can watch this. :(
http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=122449&

ALBballer
12-13-2010, 11:00 AM
did anyone else notice that chick Masuka was with at the birthday party's ass? :eek: :applause:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa196/Osgood41/Picture5-3.png

LOL that's the first thing I noticed.
:roll:

Thorpesaurous
12-13-2010, 11:08 AM
I liked it. I liked the season as a whole. It took a bit to get going. Between trying to resolve the Dexter, dead wife, single parent issues, and then setting up Lumen, it took some time.

The Lumen story wasn't my favorite at first, but the idea that Dexter was finding someone who really knew him became an interesting angle.

The weak spots were definitely in the way a lot of stuff just didn't get finished. The La Muerta case, the puerto rican cop, right down to the end with them just writing off the Barell girl case. It felt like they just jumped to a lot of conclusions. It doesn't bother me that much. The show does that on more than a few occasions. It's not the world's tightest show.

I was a little disappointed in the way they got rid of Lumen. She pretty much just got up and left. I found it amusing when she was talking about feeling like they weren't going to get away with it, and Dexter said something to the effect of "you thought we wouldn't pull it off?", which seemed odd seeing as he has a thin sheet of plastic from not pulling it off.

I did really like the plastic sheet scene. It was genuinely tense, and for me one of the high points of the season. Again, a little sloppy in the details, but it worked.

I like the set up for next year. More of Dexter juggling these kids now that they're back. And a torn up triangle between Quinn, Deb, and Dexter, trying to figure the right balance of aggression and not stepping on toes.

Thorpesaurous
12-13-2010, 11:15 AM
I wonder what they shot for alternate endings. I imagine there was a version where Deb finds Dex and Lumen behind the sheet. That would've been an adaquate way to end the series. She catches him, tells him to beat it, or kills him, or arrests him, or something. But her finding him out is at the heart of concluding the series, and I imagine it was written that way in case they weren't picked up.

That's probably where they got the footage from the previous weeks trailer where Deb walks in with gun drawn and says "Dex?!?!", which they showed in the trailer but never actually appeared in the episode.

SayTownRy
12-13-2010, 11:50 AM
i thought, being 5 seasons in, the show could have gone another season or two with deb knowing about dex and struggling with that dynamic. there was all kindsa foreshadowing about her understanding of the vigilantes' feminist plight.

i thought this coulda worked because she was pretty disgusted with watching those rape videos, but also because she became pretty disillusioned with the politics of the department after the la muerta debaucle - although that whole thing between her and la guerda was pretty much wrapped up in a nice little package by the finale.

pretty weak ending overall i thought. they had the opportunity to change up the dynamic of the show and hit us over the head with something in that trademark fashion, but it never happened. kinda like season 3. i also thought lumen would for sure be killed or do a bid for dexter.

as for season rankings:

1, 4, 2, 5, 3 - two and four are pretty close, but i think lithgow's performance gives it the edge.

alenleomessi
12-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Can't wait for next season

.... of Breaking Bad

alenleomessi
12-13-2010, 12:49 PM
God this finale was awful...

'Everyone

Crown&Coke
12-13-2010, 01:22 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!

NOOOO Lumen just broke my dudes heart! You could see it in his eyes, he was REJECTED by someone who knows who he really is. I doubt there will ever be another relationship like that again for Dex. I was hoping he would get a chance to be happy.

I thought Deb would catch them in the act. That Dumbass Jordan Chase aka Eli Stone, aka Johnny Lee Miller. He had them ready, but he fked it all up.

As for the Quinn thing, I am pretty sure the Police would not be allowed to investigate one of their own people who are involved in a murder case? But whatever... at least Deb is happy and Liddy's punk ass is gone.

That chick with Mazuka was bangin! Dayam! How does that little dude pull those? Pimpin...

Now all my favorite shows are over, wtf is a guy to do on Sunday night now? I guess the Simpsons will have to do.

sunsfan1357
12-13-2010, 01:50 PM
This last episode was okay but a bit underwhelming..
I agree with this. Everyone was expecting something epic to happen so the fact that nothing did makes it a bit underwhelming. Oh and Masuka's girl...

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/228/original/dat.jpg

SayTownRy
12-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Can't wait for next season

.... of Breaking Bad

no kidding. i just started watching that show a few weeks ago and have been watching them one after another via netflix and damn.. that's the best show on tv.

dexter is still quality and one of the best shows out there, but bryan cranston and the writing are just too good.

didn't realize there was a show out there that could rival dexter's noble duality theme and do it better. need to find a way to watch season 3 after i wrap up season 2 this week.

Bano114
12-13-2010, 05:21 PM
I think they left it with a semi happy ending because they want to have a fresh start next season. I think they want to do another serial killer mystery like 1 and 4 for next season. They couldnt do it this season especially after lasts ending leaving so many questions.

In a way I felt like this season was put in place to have Dexter move on and accept who he is, so that they dont have address the topic in future seasons.

Anyways, I hope next season is another serial killer mystery one.

Also, I have a strong feeling that Deb knows Dexter was behind the sheet considering what she said when it was over. + She let them go. You guys are forgetting that Deb has been the character always eager to make a bust. Everyone thought her vigalante idea was a little off, shes the type of character that if she had the chance to prove eveyrone wrong she would take it. I think she knew it was Dexter and let him go.

They're taking a different approach then what everyone expects I think.

ZeN
12-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Also, I have a strong feeling that Deb knows Dexter was behind the sheet considering what she said when it was over. + She let them go. You guys are forgetting that Deb has been the character always eager to make a bust. Everyone thought her vigalante idea was a little off, shes the type of character that if she had the chance to prove eveyrone wrong she would take it. I think she knew it was Dexter and let him go.

They're taking a different approach then what everyone expects I think.

I felt the same thing.. I think she knew that the female vigilante would be Lum' and so judging by how close she became with Dex, even to the point of leaving in his house.. Well she could have put 2 and 2 together. She could know even if the notion wasn't vocalized.

Bano114
12-13-2010, 05:31 PM
I felt the same thing.. I think she knew that the female vigilante would be Lum' and so judging by how close she became with Dex, even to the point of leaving in his house.. Well she could have put 2 and 2 together. She could know even if the notion wasn't vocalized.

Yeah and she definetly doesn't know what he is to the full extent though. I remember a line she said when they were at the birthday party. 'Im glad its all over.'

It would be even better if Deb already had suspiscions of Dexter and then found more suspicious killings and secretly investagated him and found him.

ZeN
12-13-2010, 05:32 PM
It would be even better if Deb already had suspiscions of Dexter and then found more suspicious killings and secretly investagated him and found him.
that would be much more interesting, than to have her simply figure everything out in 5 minutes of time.

Bano114
12-13-2010, 05:54 PM
that would be much more interesting, than to have her simply figure everything out in 5 minutes of time.

Yeah its kinda similar to the Trinity Killer finding out his reporter daughter new what was going on. I dont think he's going to have the same re-action but it kind of reminds me of that.

chrisxuk
12-13-2010, 05:58 PM
http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=122449&

I couldn't watch it for 2 hours, as I had to go into school for 2 lessons :lol

Thanks for the link anyway though!

ZeN
12-13-2010, 06:27 PM
I couldn't watch it for 2 hours, as I had to go into school for 2 lessons :lol

Thanks for the link anyway though!
No Problem..

Hibachi!
12-13-2010, 08:07 PM
next season Deb should find out. We've been waiting for it since Season 1

GOBB
12-13-2010, 10:37 PM
I liked the ending. I swore Deb was going to bust them. Figured she would pull the sheet then they end up saying "Nothing to see here." or some shyt. :oldlol:

I enjoyed all the seasons. Much like I did TheWire.

Dexter gets away with murder. :lol

What do you mean let him slide? Quinn is in no position to accuse Dexter of something he cant even prove. Quinn loves Deb. Deb loves Dexter. If anyone was suspicious it was Quinn. He even knew that. Saying Dexter killed Liddy he makes himself look bad and loses the woman he loves. All over a guy he didnt even consider a friend. And threatened to drop the case all because of how much he cared about Deb. Still confused? :confusedshrug:

Tarik One
12-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Dex risks his job and his life to save Lumen. Once she gets what she wants, she leaves. Typical woman.

bladefd
12-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Dex risks his job and his life to save Lumen. Once she gets what she wants, she leaves. Typical woman.

Honestly, on one hand I thought Dexter was a fool for helping Lumen but on the other, I think Lumen definitely would have gotten herself killed without Dexter's help. Then I also don't know if Lumen should have even been brought in to begin with; they could have approached the story-line differently. Don't ask me how, but I felt like they were juicing out parts of it TBH.

Crown&Coke
12-14-2010, 03:05 PM

:roll:

The same thing can be said about men though, once we get what we want, we leave

On a side not, in real life Dex and Deb are no longer a couple :(

ZeN
12-14-2010, 03:39 PM
It was very frakked up to see them become such an engaging item and then in an instant have it all fall apart because 'I dont feel it anymore'..

cot damn cop out.

tian820
12-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Pretty damn disappointing season, probably the first season I've actually not enjoyed the whole way through. Was choppy and messy with the storylines and left a lot to be desired. That said, I'll be watching next season hoping for better

enayes
12-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Was an okay season, I might even put it behind season 3.

That scene where dexter put the wrapped up dude with the dead guy was hilarious tho :oldlol:

I actually cried. That was the highlight for me.

chrisxuk
12-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Oh dear. Michael Hall & Jennifer Carpenter have filed for divorce.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/14/dexter-stars-file-for-divorce/?hpt=P1&iref=NS1

ALBballer
12-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Anyone else find Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) to be really unattractive? I guess she's your average chick on the street ala 5 or a 6 out of 10, but for showbiz standards, I find her to be borderline disgusting.

Bano114
12-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Anyone else find Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) to be really unattractive? I guess she's your average chick on the street ala 5 or a 6 out of 10, but for showbiz standards, I find her to be borderline disgusting.

If she had a smaller nose she wouldn't be that unattractive. The nose kills it for me though. But I think if she was more then average it would be hard to take her character seriously.

momo
12-15-2010, 05:01 AM

She is odd in that she is somewhat attractive but has a super lopsided face.

blacknapalm
12-15-2010, 07:38 AM
i let my father borrow some dexter and he always referred to deb as the 'slinky b!tch', lol. she's got a pretty killer body and is fit. the turn off for me is that sort of drooping smirk/smile. i'm not sure what to call it. it's just sorta crooked. she's one of my favorite characters though.

anyway, i might not be as high on season 4 as some others just cuz it was getting ridiculous towards the end with everyone and their mom being a killer. still, john lithgow was amazing in it so i rank it high. i was happy to see him win a golden globe for the trinity killer role.

that said, this season was better than season 3, but i don't know if i liked it more than season 2. this season just seemed to have too many holes. quinn flip flops too much. his character is pretty inconsistent. le guerta didn't evolve much. they just really hammered home the 'politics' part of it. i did love masuka this season. his explanation of dan the dentist's death was just hilarious, probably the most i laughed all season. is there any way to replace aster? good lord, only time i thought her acting was up to par was when she left to go to orlando. the younger kid bro is a better actor.

i liked lila in season 2 because i thought she really challenged dexter, both emotionally and physically (causing tons of problems).

i would probably give final rankings as:

5 and 3 are pretty damn close. 4 and 2 are pretty close, but there's a slight drop off between 2 and 5. hopefully that makes sense. i think the best seasons are 1, 2 and 4 easy.

LA_Showtime
12-30-2010, 07:50 PM
It was a good season, but they left A LOT unexplained. I would have liked a more thorough background of Emily and Chase; I mean why the hell would you keep her blood in a necklace?

JaE_BLiZZy
12-30-2010, 08:14 PM
So when is season 6 gonna happen?

enayes
12-30-2010, 08:53 PM
So when is season 6 gonna happen?

Next August or September I believe.

BankShot
03-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Bumping an old-ass thread..... midway through Season Five right now.

This season has taken a different direction from seasons past, which is inevitable considering the evolution of Dexter as a serial killer.

I had heard that Season 5 dropped off from an amazing Season 4.... but all I can say is that its different, but still awesome.

:cheers:

Nick Young
03-22-2011, 11:04 PM
it becomes good towards the last three episodes but towards the middle I remember it felt abit directionless and Lumen sucked so much

Joey Zaza
07-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Just finished Season 5 and this long thread.

I'm with most people, this season is right around Season 2 and 3 in terms of overally rank. Lumen almost a combo of Lyla and Miguel - with the overally mystery (skinner-head-chopping murders) taking a back seat.

The dude playing Chase and Julia Stiles were excellent. When she felt terror, it came across very well... and I liked LaGuerta being a little bit sketchy again. I think we could have used two episodes of Lumen in season 6 for her to realize that serial killing just isn't her bag. Maybe her being increasingly uncomfortable with the kills until she up and moves out.

This season's drama was really missing Rita and the kids. Dex is always thisclose to getting caught. Unlike the other killers and the cops who are aggressively trying to figure things out and getting closer to him, Rita and the kids would come close to figuring him out -sort of passively. Normally. The way a normal wife and kids ask a normal dad about the day..the subtext of what Dex is always up to made it compelling.

Dex always had those threats coming in from three sides. This season, it was only two...and the cops were never that close to him either. What did Liddy have, throwing things from a boat, training a girl with knives? No body, no murder, no arrest. Liddy never even tailed him to a murder. He had nothing...at worst Liddy forces Dex into some tough lies and maybe forces him to lie-low.

Some excellent analysis of Quinn right here:

Quinn is in no position to accuse Dexter of something he cant even prove. Quinn loves Deb. Deb loves Dexter. If anyone was suspicious it was Quinn. He even knew that. Saying Dexter killed Liddy he makes himself look bad and loses the woman he loves. All over a guy he didnt even consider a friend. And threatened to drop the case all because of how much he cared about Deb.

Finally, the comparison of Quinn to Doakes is inevitable and - come on -- what is it? Doakes as an enemy is a 10. Quinn? A weak 2. Quinn is really more like Lundy, and still pales badly by comparison.