PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan flopping

Clippersfan86
05-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Before people challenged me to find footage of Michael Jordan flopping. Said he has never flopped. Despite it being much harder to find due to it not being during this Youtube age... I found a really bad flop by the GOAT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1tjPC15bSk&feature=youtu.be&t=27s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1tjPC15bSk&feature=youtu.be&t=46s

Lebron23
05-08-2012, 06:24 PM
This was a better acting than his performance in Space Jam.

SuperPippen
Good job. And this somehow offsets the Clippers' incredibly excessive flopping.

You hear that, everyone? Because Clippersfan found these examples of MJ flopping, you can NO LONGER call any Clipper a flopper.

Foster5k
:biggums:

Trying to compare Jordan to Flop Griffin.

Jordan was a proven winner and game changer. He won championships, mvps, etc. Flop Griffin isn't in the same league.

bleedinpurpleTwo
both vids are of the same flop.

Clippersfan86
05-08-2012, 06:26 PM

You hear that, everyone? Because Clippersfan found these examples of MJ flopping, you can NO LONGER call any Clipper a flopper.

Not exactly. Jordan didn't flop often. All this shows is that flopping has existed for decades and due to the Youtube age... people are now blowing it out of proportion. Dennis Rodman was arguably the greatest flopper in NBA history (worse than Griffin or at least equal)... yet guess how many flopping clips you find on Youtube? ZERO. Unless you dig up games and happen to spot one.

I don't remember people hating Dennis Rodman for his crazy flops. Nor did they call him soft because of it. Much like Griffin... even with flopping Rodman was tough as nails. One of my favorite players of all time.

jstern
05-08-2012, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't call that flopping. He's trying to take the charge and avoiding getting hit on the face. Flopping is at an all time high this age that even legitimate events people assuming is flopping. Reflex would make you take your head to avoid a hit, but now unless you take that hit to the face, it's going to look like flopping.

Copperhead
05-08-2012, 06:27 PM

I didn't see him say that in his post. Stop jumping to conclusions. He said people challenged him to find footage of Jordan flopping and he did. You guys are something else. :oldlol:

Copperhead
05-08-2012, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't call that flopping. He's trying to take the charge and avoiding getting hit on the face.

Nah, he didn't have to jump back like that if he were really trying to take a charge. Come on now.

ILLsmak
05-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Of all of the flops, the "I'm in position and would get run over if I didn't fall back" flop bothers me the least.

In fact, I would say that is an accepted basketball move by now. People throwing themselves on the ground while they have the ball, or throwing themselves on the ground while someone is posting them up is weak though.

-Smak

kurple
05-08-2012, 06:29 PM
isnt both the same flop?

more like drawing a foul/charge

Clippersfan86
05-08-2012, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't call that flopping. He's trying to take the charge and avoiding getting hit on the face. Flopping is at an all time high this age that even legitimate events people assuming is flopping. Reflex would make you take your head to avoid a hit, but now unless you take that hit to the face, it's going to look like flopping.

:roll: yet CP3 snaps his head back when he sees a shoulder coming towards him and that's a "flop" video spreading like wildfire across the internet. GTFO dude.

Kews1
http://i46.tinypic.com/fxuj5i.jpg

Copperhead
ISH needs better quality posters. Too much quantity and not enough quality. People jumping to conclusions and putting words in peoples mouths. :facepalm

Clippersfan86
isnt both the same flop?

more like drawing a foul

Which is different than what Griffin does how? 90 percent of Griffin's flop videos have legitimate contact.. and are of him drawing fouls. Only a handful of them are with no contact.

jstern
05-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Nah, he didn't have to jump back like that if he were really trying to take a charge. Come on now.

His momentum was taking him back. Now tell me, how would he avoid getting hit on the face without going back like that?

DuMa
05-08-2012, 06:33 PM
that was a half flop. still a flop though.

bwink23
05-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Before people challenged me to find footage of Michael Jordan flopping. Said he has never flopped. Despite it being much harder to find due to it not being during this Youtube age... I found a really bad flop by the GOAT.

WRONG.....more like cuz he didn't flop, PERIOD>

jstern
05-08-2012, 06:35 PM
:roll: yet CP3 snaps his head back when he sees a shoulder coming towards him and that's a "flop" video spreading like wildfire across the internet. GTFO dude.
You are a dumb.

One you don't see me talking about CP3 flopping, the one time I did I was defending him, in the same way I'm defending Jordan right now, because CP3 had a legitimate case in my eyes and everyone consider everything a flop. But you're comparing Apples to oranges, deflecting, that's why I'm calling you a moron, cause that's what you're doing. Comparing a guy trying not to get hit in the face, to a guy that sees a body coming, not knowing is a ref, and then flinging his head back like he just got elbowed by Metta World.

LJJ
05-08-2012, 06:36 PM
That's not excessive flopping at all.

We are talking about Griffin falling over 20 times a game looking for a call, blatantly cheating, when there is obviously no foul. Not a guy losing his balance one time trying to take a charge.

Copperhead
05-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Piling on. Everyone knows the Clippers flop. No secret. Is it because they're currently winning games that people feel the need to pile on everyday? The Clippers must surely be the best at flopping because they've done a very good job at taking the attention away from other floppers. Danilo had a major flop the other night and how many threads were made about it? Probably 1 or 2. Why? Because the Nuggets are losing and no one cares. :oldlol:

This is my last time entering a flopping thread although I know I'll probably run into a post mentioning it in other threads. It's just silly. Flopping is silly and people continuing to say the same things everyday is silly. People not being smart enough to know that it will continue until the league does something to stop it. But hey, I guess it makes for good conversation though right?

Asukal
05-08-2012, 06:37 PM
In this play sure I admit he did flop but this is nothing compared to Lebron's hit by air flops. Now for a new challenge, find a video of Jordan flopping on offense. :cheers:

Copperhead
05-08-2012, 06:38 PM
His momentum was taking him back. Now tell me, how would he avoid getting hit on the face without going back like that?

Take the charge full on. Didn't look like he was getting ready to get Metta World Peace'd in the face. Geezus.

Clippersfan86
05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
In this play sure I admit he did flop but this is nothing compared to Lebron's hit by air flops. Now for a new challenge, find a video of Jordan flopping on offense. :cheers:

He didn't need to. Refs worshipped him. Plus he was far more skilled than Griffin. The problem is Blake's game depends on being able to bang... and when players are allowed to play you dirty it's much easier to stop. Jordan had a shot, Griffin doesn't.

bwink23
05-08-2012, 06:41 PM

That's not a flop AT ALL....that's "selling" the charge call..he was there in position, and Isiah was gonna run him over anyway. There is a big difference in selling the call, and flopping. If Isiah stopped short of Jordan and barely nudged him and Jordan goes flying, flailing his arms around, that's FLOPPING>

Clippersfan86
05-08-2012, 06:41 PM
That's not a flop AT ALL....that's "selling" the charge call..he was there in position, and Isiah was gonna run him over anyway. There is a big difference in selling the call, and flopping. If Isiah stopped short of Jordan and barely nudged him and Jordan goes flying, flailing his arms around, that's FLOPPING>

Griffin is selling calls too... yet nobody will admit that. Unlike Jordan who got no contact here.... Griffin DOES get contact with his flops.

bwink23
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Griffin is selling calls too... yet nobody will admit that. Unlike Jordan who got no contact here.... Griffin DOES get contact with his flops.

Jordan DID get contact.....:rolleyes:

He got an elbow in the chest. That's an obvious charge call.

This is FLOPPING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwL5k4FDVkQ

Griffin is a BIG, STRONG MAN. No way does that put him flying into the first row....:no:

OldSchoolBBall
05-08-2012, 06:47 PM

Err, it's not a flop at all, and it's hysterical that you went through a ton of trouble and this is all you could find. Isiah brought his elbow up INTO MJ's solar plexus, which WILL knock you back and down, especially if you're already backpedaling; Isiah's momentum just continued through MJ and he basically HAD to fall. Not a flop AT ALL. Watch the replay in your second video and it's abundantly clear. What a joke. :oldlol:

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-08-2012, 06:47 PM
WRONG.....more like cuz he didn't flop, PERIOD>
:roll:
video suggests otherwise!

bdreason
05-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Everyone flops. Always have, always will.

The scrutiny and attention is just 10x's what it used to be. Every play people are seeing 3 instant replays and crying like babies on twitter and facebook (and ISH).

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-08-2012, 06:48 PM
who knew that Isaiah Thomas was soooo big and strong that just by grazing MJ with his elbow, it sent MJ flying backwards.

Thomas was clearly MUCH stronger than we thought!:confusedshrug:

bdreason
05-08-2012, 06:50 PM
And :roll: at people acting like that wasn't a flop. He exaggerated the contact to get the call. Nice play by MJ. The point is to win the game, by any means necessary.

bwink23
05-08-2012, 06:50 PM

The scrutiny and attention is just 10x's what it used to be. Every play people are seeing 3 instant replays and crying like babies on twitter and facebook (and ISH).

Spoken like someone who never say an 80's or 90's game...:facepalm

Flopping is an EPIDEMIC in today's game. You can thank Vlade Divac for popularizing it. Dennis Rodman would flop quite a bit as well, but not until his later years. Players would sell charges, and that was the extent of flopping in the old school game.

bdreason
05-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Spoken like someone who never say an 80's or 90's game...:facepalm

Flopping is an EPIDEMIC in today's game. You can thank Vlade Divac for popularizing it. Dennis Rodman would flop quite a bit as well, but not until his later years. Players would sell charges, and that was the extent of flopping in the old school game.

I'm 31. I watched the end of the Magic/Bird era, and the entire MJ era.

bwink23
05-08-2012, 06:51 PM
who knew that Isaiah Thomas was soooo big and strong that just by grazing MJ with his elbow, it sent MJ flying backwards.

Thomas was clearly MUCH stronger than we thought!:confusedshrug:

Notice NO ONE complained about the call. NO ONE complained of flopping...it was a GOOD CALL according to the announcers, WHY?? Cuz it was an obvious charge. :biggums:

bwink23
05-08-2012, 06:52 PM

Then you should KNOW BETTER, shouldn't you??

Clippersfan86
05-08-2012, 06:53 PM

:applause:

bdreason
05-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Then you should KNOW BETTER, shouldn't you??

Acting like nobody flopped in the 80's and 90's is ridiculous. I'm not saying it isn't way more common now, and I'm certainly not a fan of it... but acting like it didn't exist is delusional.

Clippersfan86
05-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Acting like nobody flopped in the 80's and 90's is ridiculous. I'm not saying it isn't way more common now, and I'm certainly not a fan of it... but acting like it didn't exist is delusional.

Dennis Rodman is a top 3 flopper in NBA history. Yet go to Youtube and type in Dennis Rodman flop. Guess what you'll find? NOTHING. This is why when people say Griffin flops most as proved by Youtube, I laugh.

bwink23
05-08-2012, 06:54 PM

Since when was instant replays something NEW?? Sportscenter, tv analysts, are nothing new....Flopping is SO BAD right now, that's why it goes all the attention.

bwink23
05-08-2012, 06:55 PM

:lol :lol :lol

Kids

maybeshewill13
05-08-2012, 06:59 PM
1 vid of Jordan flopping versus already about 50 of Griffin in a 2 year career..

Nothing to see here folks.

GOBB
05-08-2012, 07:01 PM

Clippersfan86
05-08-2012, 07:01 PM
1 vid of Jordan flopping versus already about 50 of Griffin in a 2 year career..

Nothing to see here folks.

Type in "Dennis Rodman flop". Tell me how many come up.

bdreason
05-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Rodman throwing himself on the ground to draw a flagrant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upoao1L1dSo

97 bulls
05-08-2012, 07:03 PM
As a bulls fan, im the first to acknowledge that Rodman was the king of drawing charges which means he would flop, as well as Pippen ans Ron Harper. Its unfortunate that the only way you can draw a charge, is by falling to the ground after beating the offensive player to a spot.

But what most people hate is the way players are acting in anticipation of contact and more often than not arent even touched. What lebron james does is just disgraceful

Clippersfan86
05-08-2012, 07:03 PM

LOL I remember that one. Point is at best you'll find 2-3 despite a lengthy career of tons of flops.

BlackVVaves
05-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Flopping is very detrimental to the integrity of the game. There's no way to refute that. It's the usage of manipulation in a sport predicated on skill, hard work, and heart. That's why flopping disgusts me.

But, the truly DISGUSTING part lies with players whom input flopping into their game as a pitcher inputs a break ball in his. Jordan and Rodman were used as examples. Jordan and Rodman, two of the most premier defenders in league history. Yes, they too flopped. But Michael HARDLY ever flopped, and that should not and can be misconstrued just because the age of social media had not begun yet. We have ALL grown watching ENDLESS Jordan games, clips, and highlights. We can all testify that Jordan hardly flopped, offensively and defensively. Not never flopped, but hardly.

Rodman, a different beast, shares a similiar context. Though he flopped much more frequently than Jordan, he used timely flops to complement his game of defense, and mental bouts with opponents. There's a reason why players like Rodman, Bowen, ect hardly ever get ripped for their flopping. Because, take it away and they were still GOAT defenders. It was a complement to their strong defensive game - unneccesary, but a complement nonetheless.

Using Jordan or Rodman to marginalize the actions of current players, who senselessly do a sumersault like CP3, or the disheveled one leg kick out like Gallo is erroneous in concept and application. There is a difference between being a great defender who flops, and a great flopper who defends (or can't defend, as in Blake Griffin's and many other current NBA player's case most of their careers).

Just my two cents. Cheers :cheers:

Alamo
lol MJ you goon

Clippersfan86
As a bulls fan, im the first to acknowledge that Rodman was the king of drawing charges which means he would flop, as well as Pippen ans Ron Harper. Its unfortunate that the only way you can draw a charge, is by falling to the ground after beating the offensive player to a spot.

But what most people hate is the way players are acting in anticipation of contact and more often than not arent even touched. What lebron james does is just disgraceful

As I said. Manu, Lebron etc are non contact floppers. They are doing it without ANY contact. Most of the flop videos of Griffin have clear contact he's exaggerating.

ZenMaster
Of all of the flops, the "I'm in position and would get run over if I didn't fall back" flop bothers me the least.

In fact, I would say that is an accepted basketball move by now. People throwing themselves on the ground while they have the ball, or throwing themselves on the ground while someone is posting them up is weak though.

-Smak

There's actually a technique of doing it without getting hurt, that's why most people do it the same way.
You have to be loose in your body so you can fall landing on your legs and ass without putting your arms down offsetting the fall.

PHILA
05-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Always have, always will.

Indeed, not that this excuses it.

Sports Illustrated - April 12, 1965

Wilt Chamberlain, Bob Ottum

In the dressing room one day a couple of weeks ago, Dolph came up with another idea.

"We've got to fake those fouls more," he said. "Let's throw up our hands and stagger backwards and really make it look real to the referee."

"But, Coach," said Dave Gambee. "This only works if you're a good actor. A lot of us can't pull it off. We just don't look innocent."

"All right," says Schayes. "I guess we'd better play it straight. But fake them when you can, huh?"

Now, whatever you do, don't get me wrong. There is a hard-core moral hidden away in here, baby, and it goes right down to one of the really fundamental things that is wrong with professional basketball. The coaching system is right out of bushville.

Alamo

Classic Joey Crawford :roll: :roll: :roll:

maybeshewill13
Type in "Dennis Rodman flop". Tell me how many come up.

I don't care about Dennis Rodman? The simple fact is Griffin flops like a ****, and no amount of trying to deflect attention on others is going to work until he stops acting like a fool.

I don't get the point of this thread. Are you trying to say that Blake doesn't flop all the time? Or are you just trying to say IT'S OK GUYS OTHER PEOPLE DID IT TOO!

bdreason
05-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Rodman with a major flop against Barkley. Announcer even laughs because he knows it, "it's heavy theatre". And Barkley gives Rodman an elbow because he knows Rodman flopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmS40OYJ3o&feature=related

97 bulls
05-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Rodman with a major flop against Barkley. Announcer even laughs because he knows it, "it's heavy theatre". And Barkley gives Rodman an elbow because he knows Rodman flopped.

I dont consider this a flop. Thats a clean charge. Rodman just beat barkley to the spot. Thats a talent that rodman had.

97 bulls
05-08-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't care about Dennis Rodman? The simple fact is Griffin flops like a ****, and no amount of trying to deflect attention on others is going to work until he stops acting like a fool.

I don't get the point of this thread. Are you trying to say that Blake doesn't flop all the time? Or are you just trying to say IT'S OK GUYS OTHER PEOPLE DID IT TOO!
I keep reading people post that griffin flops. Can you post an example?

bdreason
05-08-2012, 07:14 PM
And flopping is part of the result of not allowing players to play defense. It's incredibly difficult to contest a shot these days and not draw a foul... so you see more players trying to take charges (flopping), then actually trying to contest shots. If the NBA enforced its rules properly, I have no doubt that players would spend less time flopping, and more time trying to defend the rim.

Refer to my thread here, where I point out how the NBA officials no longer enforce the rules properly.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262211

bdreason
05-08-2012, 07:15 PM
I dont consider this a flop. Thats a clean charge. Rodman just beat barkley to the spot. Thats a talent that rodman had.

Nah, it was a major flop. Rodman was just a genius at it. Maybe the best of all-time. The announcer knew it, Barkley knew it, and Rodman knew it too.

97 bulls
05-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Nah, it was a major flop. Rodman was just a genius at it. Maybe the best of all-time. The announcer knew it, Barkley knew it, and Rodman knew it too.
All charges are flops then cuz that was a legit charge. Barkley thought he was fast enough to blow by rodman and couldnt.

I want to see plays that are considered flops by blake griffin

Clippersfan86
05-08-2012, 07:32 PM
All charges are flops then cuz that was a legit charge. Barkley thought he was fast enough to blow by rodman and couldnt.

Look on Youtube. You'll find about 100 Griffin flop videos/mixes. If you go in with a logical, unbiased mind you'll quickly see that most of them aren't even legit flops but rather exaggerations of existing contact or trying to draw a charge like Rodman who you're defending.

Asukal
05-08-2012, 07:35 PM

This is exactly what flopping is for.... :facepalm

In Jordan's case, not as much as these disgusting superstar floppers of today.

LABean
05-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Good find, OP. :applause: :applause:

Though, it doesn't change the fact that Flop City flops.

97 bulls
05-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Look on Youtube. You'll find about 100 Griffin flop videos/mixes. If you go in with a logical, unbiased mind you'll quickly see that most of them aren't even legit flops but rather exaggerations of existing contact or trying to draw a charge like Rodman who you're defending.
I looked. And i didnt see any plays that i would consider flopping. I did see some from chris paul though.

Clippersfan86
05-08-2012, 07:37 PM
I looked. And i didnt see any plays that i would consider flopping. I did see some from chris paul though.

:applause: Chris Paul, Mo Williams and Reggie Evans are the only non contact floppers on the Clippers. Griffin has done maybe 2 or 3 of those his entire career tops.

bdreason
05-08-2012, 07:38 PM

Most of his flops are much like Rodmans; exaggerated contact.

The flops people should really be against are the no-contact flops. I remember LeBron had one last year in the Finals that was disgusting.

Again, I don't like flopping at all, but it's part of the game; always has been, always will be. As the league gets softer and softer... expect more flopping.

97 bulls
05-08-2012, 07:43 PM
:applause: Chris Paul, Mo Williams and Reggie Evans are the only non contact floppers on the Clippers. Griffin has done maybe 2 or 3 of those his entire career tops.
Yeah, but to the degree that hes aquired a reputation for it? I just think its people that dont like him and are nit-picking

97 bulls
05-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Most of his flops are much like Rodmans; exaggerated contact.

The flops people should really be against are the no-contact flops. I remember LeBron had one last year in the Finals that was disgusting.

Again, I don't like flopping at all, but it's part of the game; always has been, always will be. As the league gets softer and softer... expect more flopping.
Exactly. Non contact flops should be outlawed. Players who do this should be fined $10000 when they flail to the ground after not even being touched

Draz
05-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Didn't look like a flop looked like he didn't want to get hit in the face and leaned back causing him to topple something most humans do.

jstern
05-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Since there wasn't that much flopping back then, Dennis flopping was like a comical thing, him doing it to piss off his opponent. That was his main thing other than rebound, trying to get his opponent really angry and that's how I used to look at his flopping. I never saw the way we see flopping today.

And defense of today's players, it's the rules. The rules are softer, this is a very competitive sport. If any little contact is going to get you the ball, then you can sure as hell expect for flopping to take over. Teams want to win. Put pride on the side and flop. It means extra possessions and extra points.

bwink23
05-08-2012, 08:55 PM

I thought you said when you youtube Rodman flops, you won't find anything?? :confusedshrug:

EVERYONE knows Rodman was a flopper, you're not treading on undiscovered ground here....:rolleyes:

TeamLAC
05-08-2012, 08:57 PM

Where in the post does it say that, dumbshit? :confusedshrug:

Tenchi Ryu
05-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Where in the post does it say that, dumbshit? :confusedshrug:
Like that wasn't the entire reason this thread was created....

Please.

bwink23
05-08-2012, 08:59 PM
This is exactly what flopping is for.... :facepalm

In Jordan's case, not as much as these disgusting superstar floppers of today.

If you can't tell the difference between selling contact and flopping, i don't know what the hell to tell you....

Selling contact, is what otherwise would STILL be a foul call. Selling charges doesn't change the outcome...it merely embellishes it...Selling doesn't take an obvious non-call and make it a foul.

Flopping is over-reacting to minimal to no contact to coax the ref into calling a foul.

There's selling, and ACTING.

TeamLAC
05-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Like that wasn't the entire reason this thread was created....

Please.
:biggums: :coleman:

bdreason
05-08-2012, 09:02 PM
I thought you said when you youtube Rodman flops, you won't find anything?? :confusedshrug:

I never said anything of the sort. If you're going to have a discussion on a message board, at least learn to read first.

Kids these days. :rolleyes:

bdreason
05-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Didn't look like a flop looked like he didn't want to get hit in the face and leaned back causing him to topple something most humans do.

Yep. That's what CP3 and Blake do too.... they are 'anticipating' contact. :oldlol:

bdreason
05-08-2012, 09:04 PM
If you can't tell the difference between selling contact and flopping, i don't know what the hell to tell you....

Selling contact, is what otherwise would STILL be a foul call. Selling charges doesn't change the outcome...it merely embellishes it...Selling doesn't take an obvious non-call and make it a foul.

Flopping is over-reacting to minimal to no contact to coax the ref into calling a foul.

Not many straws left, homie. Keep reaching though, maybe someone will buy your explanation. :oldlol:

bwink23
05-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Not many straws left, homie. Keep reaching though, maybe someone will buy your explanation. :oldlol:

Sorry kiddo, but you're dead wrong....there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between selling an eventual charge, and THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foaPMZxtzx4

Like i said...if you can't tell the difference, it's your fault you're an idiot...

:coleman:

bdreason
05-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I didn't say players don't flop today. I even pointed out LeBron's flop earlier in the thread. Try to keep up, man.

You said players in the 80's and 90's didn't flop.

bwink23
05-08-2012, 09:14 PM
I didn't say players don't flop today. I even pointed out LeBron's flop earlier in the thread. Try to keep up, man.

You said players in the 80's and 90's didn't flop.

They didn't.....:confusedshrug:

Naming 2 guys doesn't constitute a flopping epidemic. :lol :lol

31 years old?? PLEASE CHILD

bdreason
05-08-2012, 09:15 PM
They didn't.....:confusedshrug:

Yes, they did.

bwink23
05-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Yes, they did.

No, they didn't....:rolleyes:

:coleman:

bdreason
05-08-2012, 09:25 PM
I guess Vlade Divac didn't play in the 90's either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgPHIT61FfU

In fact, possibly the two greatest floppers of all-time, Rodman and Divac, played in the 90's.

Asukal
05-08-2012, 09:30 PM

It is still a flop you dimwit, that elbow wouldn't knock him that far away if he didn't flop. It's obvious you don't play basketball. Sure it is still a charge so the right call was made. Whether he intentionally flopped or was trying to avoid getting hit too hard doesn't change the fact that he flopped. Selling contact my ass, flops come in various forms from hard contact to no contact, its all the same. :facepalm

bwink23
05-08-2012, 09:32 PM
It is still a flop you dimwit, that elbow wouldn't knock him that far away if he didn't flop. It's obvious you don't play basketball. Sure it is still a charge so the right call was made. Whether he intentionally flopped or was trying to avoid getting hit too hard doesn't change the fact that he flopped. Selling contact my ass, flops come in various forms from hard contact to no contact, its all the same. :facepalm

Whenever someone makes that statement, it's pretty much a signal for " He handed me my ass." :lol

NEXT

Legends66NBA7
05-08-2012, 09:34 PM
I guess Vlade Divac didn't play in the 90's either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgPHIT61FfU

In fact, possibly the two greatest floppers of all-time, Rodman and Divac, played in the 90's.

Would you say Larry Bird was a notorious flooper/flailer(as in flails his arms) too ?

Asukal
05-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Whenever someone makes that statement, it's pretty much a signal for " He handed me my ass." :lol

NEXT

Truly obvious how little you know of the game apart from stats. If you don't play it how can you understand the context of flopping? You handed your ass to everybody ever since you became a stan. :hammerhead:

bwink23
05-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Truly obvious how little you know of the game apart from stats. If you don't play it how can you understand the context of flopping? You handed your ass to everybody ever since you became a stan. :hammerhead:

I handed you YOUR ASS son....everyone before year 2005 knows the difference between selling charges and blatant flopping....:lol :lol

Not sure if serious.....:biggums:

Asukal
05-08-2012, 09:40 PM
I handed you YOUR ASS son....everyone before year 2005 knows the difference between selling charges and blatant flopping....:lol :lol

Not sure if serious.....:biggums:

Hahaha selling charges? $1 a piece? Any form of exaggerating a contact is a flop dimwit. Try harder stan.... :facepalm

Rake2204
05-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Bill Laimbeer liked to overly exaggerate things as well.

bwink23
05-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Hahaha selling charges? $1 a piece? Any form of exaggerating a contact is a flop dimwit. Try harder stan.... :facepalm

Boy you couldn't be more WRONG if you tried....:lol

bdreason
05-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Would you say Larry Bird was a notorious flooper/flailer(as in flails his arms) too ?

I only saw the end of Bird's career, and by that point, his back was so bad, he couldn't afford to flop. :oldlol:

But no, I certainly wouldn't call Larry a flopper.

And bwink23, just stop man, you're embarrassing yourself.

wang4three
05-08-2012, 09:45 PM

That's like saying everyone steals, some take a penny they find on the ground, some steal cars. You're not really saying anything with that statement. It's the degree that's the issue. You embellish a little to get a call you would've gotten otherwise, fine..but if you go out of your way to manipulate the system, that's the another thing.

bwink23
05-08-2012, 09:45 PM
I only saw the end of Bird's career, and by that point, his back was so bad, he couldn't afford to flop. :oldlol:

And bwink23, just stop man, you're embarrassing yourself.

NOPE.....not stopping. :lol

Not my fault you're a moron. :hammerhead:

bwink23
05-08-2012, 09:46 PM
That's like saying everyone steals, some take a penny they find on the ground, some steal cars. You're not really saying anything with that statement. It's the degree that's the issue. You embellish a little to get a call you would've gotten otherwise, fine..but if you go out of your way to manipulate the system, that's the another thing.

SPOT ON MY BROTHA.....:pimp:

This dude is a retard straight up.

Legends66NBA7
05-08-2012, 09:51 PM

True, thanks.

Bill Laimbeer liked to overly exaggerate things as well.

From what I've seen from Laimbeer, he also liked to whine a lot about calls that went against him.

Asukal
05-08-2012, 09:51 PM
SPOT ON MY BROTHA.....:pimp:

This dude is a retard straight up.

That's like saying you're not gay if you kissed a guy on the lips but you are if you fvcked him in the ass. :hammerhead:

You are the retard, you'd twist things just to fit your biased agenda. Tell me exactly what makes you different from these Kobe retards? :rolleyes:

04mzwach
05-08-2012, 09:52 PM
MJ doesn't flop. Today's superstars flop.

bwink23
05-08-2012, 09:53 PM
That's like saying you're not gay if you kissed a guy on the lips but you are if you fvcked him in the ass. :hammerhead:

You are the retard, you'd twist things just to fit your biased agenda. Tell me exactly what makes you different from these Kobe retards? :rolleyes:

He's just a dude that knows the score....you got a problem with that??

I can't help you if you can't tell the difference...that's on you buddy...

Selling calls that don't affect the outcome is NOT THE SAME as FLOPPING...are u fvcking stupid<<<

Kobe 4 The Win
05-08-2012, 10:11 PM
That's pretty flimsy evidence. Two videos on the same mild flop.

50inchvertical
05-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Blake Griffin hits himself then flops :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHgADbmFLCM

Asukal
05-09-2012, 01:29 AM
He's just a dude that knows the score....you got a problem with that??

I can't help you if you can't tell the difference...that's on you buddy...

Selling calls that don't affect the outcome is NOT THE SAME as FLOPPING...are u fvcking stupid<<<

You must be gaylauber's son, all stats and theories no actual experience. :roll:

bwink23
05-09-2012, 05:55 AM
You must be gaylauber's son, all stats and theories no actual experience. :roll:

All you got to do is WATCH....pretty easy stuff kid, it's not rocket science :lol

Asukal
05-09-2012, 06:47 AM
All you got to do is WATCH....pretty easy stuff kid, it's not rocket science :lol

Yah, coz a simple shove could easily knock down a 6'6" 200lbs guy.... :rolleyes:

Retarded stan... I'm done with your idiocy. :confusedshrug:

stax
05-09-2012, 08:16 AM

:facepalm

Watch a Better Basketball DVD, kids are taught to sell charges like that. It's actually beneficial to get the hell out of the way, once contact is made, instead of absorbing all that impact. (Although I have to admit there wasn't much impact in this particular instance, Zeke was not Shaq)

Most importantly, compared to flopping on the offensive end to win free throws, get defenders into foul trouble etc, i.e. borderline gamesmanship, it's nothing.

Da_Realist
05-09-2012, 08:26 AM

An example so weak, it actually proves the point.

Asukal
05-09-2012, 08:41 AM
:facepalm

Watch a Better Basketball DVD, kids are taught to sell charges like that. It's actually beneficial to get the hell out of the way, once contact is made, instead of absorbing all that impact. (Although I have to admit there wasn't much impact in this particular instance, Zeke was not Shaq)

Most importantly, compared to flopping on the offensive end to win free throws, get defenders into foul trouble etc, i.e. borderline gamesmanship, it's nothing.

Did I say anywhere on this thread that what Jordan did was wrong? That level of flopping is completely acceptable, its a part of playing smart basketball. What I'm getting at is that it is still a flop no matter how you look at it.

trig
05-09-2012, 09:12 AM
took us a while to find a jordan flop. Blake would probably flop on a jumpball if he had a chance

Da_Realist
05-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Some of y'all need lives. This is the best you can find? This "flop" if you want to call it that was actually a smart play to avoid any inadvertent injury and not to draw a foul call. He stood his ground long enough to get the call then fell backwards to avoid a knee to the groin or elbow to the neck that would cause more harm if he stood there like a brick wall. You don't stand there like some tough guy and just let Isiah plant an elbow in your chest. :facepalm Stay there long enough to get the call and then roll with inertia, not against it. That's how you stay in the game and not in the dressing room.

Radically different than yelling out "HEY!!" on every drive to the basket or falling to the ground like you been shot when there is absolutely no contact whatsoever.

BlackJoker23
05-09-2012, 11:49 AM

:lol i always knew the most overrated ever of all time was also a pansy ass bitch

Sarcastic
05-09-2012, 12:12 PM
There is a huge difference between taking a charge, and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyXeeHcaGR0

AlphaWolf24
05-09-2012, 12:17 PM
it was a flop...

Jordan flopped just like everyon else...

Jordan stans are hilarious..

Cali Syndicate
05-09-2012, 01:44 PM
it was a flop...

Jordan flopped just like everyon else...

Jordan stans are hilarious..

So are you saying the provided Jordan flop is on the same level as BG's?

Most every player "flops."

Blake is on a different level which seems to be the point here.

Leviathon1121
05-09-2012, 02:09 PM
I wonder if it is on the same level as the 27 verbal flops we get from Bryant every game. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

pauk
05-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Meh... everybody does it... some more some less... some are good at it, some are bad at it... its part of the game... thats actually something you get taught even as you first touch a basketball as a kid (how to draw a charge)... there is always some flopping/acting/selling out going on there even if you get blatantly ran over while you stand like a statue... doesnt mean its not a foul....

If its not a foul, but just a pure acting job and the reff still gives him that call then its not really his fault, but the reffs... unfortunately reffs dont have the replay footage we have with all angles, they dont have access to that unless its a last seconds of the game thing... reffing is very difficult... if you think you can do better, go ahead and try reffing an NBA game for just a minute, you will get shot by the fans afterwards :D

DJ Leon Smith
05-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Was a minor flop (it also was excellent D, to me it seemed like it should have been a no-call and just let the game play after Isiah is forced to miss the layup).

To equate that on the same level as the Clipper flops this season is ridiculous. It's like showing a Nick Collison dunk and a Vince Carter 2000-era dunk and saying "SEE NICK COLLISON IS AS ATHLETIC AS VINCE!!!!! BOTH DUNK!!!"

Legends66NBA7
05-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Another thread that turned cringe worthy. :facepalm

ronniec
05-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Not exactly. Jordan didn't flop often. All this shows is that flopping has existed for decades and due to the Youtube age... people are now blowing it out of proportion. Dennis Rodman was arguably the greatest flopper in NBA history (worse than Griffin or at least equal)... yet guess how many flopping clips you find on Youtube? ZERO. Unless you dig up games and happen to spot one.

I don't remember people hating Dennis Rodman for his crazy flops. Nor did they call him soft because of it. Much like Griffin... even with flopping Rodman was tough as nails. One of my favorite players of all time.

Defending your Clippers team is fine, but calling Rodman the greatest flopper is too much. You know the difference in between drawing charging fouls and flopping?

97 bulls
05-09-2012, 03:38 PM
There is a huge difference between taking a charge, and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyXeeHcaGR0
That was a flop. Plain and simple.

Quickening
05-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Meh... everybody does it... some more some less... some are good at it, some are bad at it... its part of the game... thats actually something you get taught even as you first touch a basketball as a kid (how to draw a charge)... there is always some flopping/acting/selling out going on there even if you get blatantly ran over while you stand like a statue... doesnt mean its not a foul....

If its not a foul, but just a pure acting job and the reff still gives him that call then its not really his fault, but the reffs... unfortunately reffs dont have the replay footage we have with all angles, they dont have access to that unless its a last seconds of the game thing... reffing is very difficult... if you think you can do better, go ahead and try reffing an NBA game for just a minute, you will get shot by the fans afterwards :D

Ref has one F fakkit....

Replay32
05-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Those 2 examples were really reaching. I can't recall MJ ever flopping. I'm not saying he never did, but those weren't good examples of flopping. He tried to get in front of the man and take a charge.

Basketball players do charge drills starting in HS, maybe earlier.

Here's an example of the charge drill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u9WE55zkHA

Now this is a flop!!!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkBjuVGbb4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G_5GPP5B1A&feature=related

Calabis
05-09-2012, 06:07 PM

I didn't see the Griffen play, but if it is similar to this, then whats the problem? When taking a charge, prior to impact you want to start leaning back, to take the force out of the blow.....wouldn't make sense to take the entire force of the collision to your chest

Phong
05-09-2012, 06:12 PM
It's pretty funny how a clear elbow to the sternum is considered a blatant flop from Jordan, but CP3 throwing his head backward on a slight brush of an arm is not a flop at all. :lol

Clippersfan86
05-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Those 2 examples were really reaching. I can't recall MJ ever flopping. I'm not saying he never did, but those weren't good examples of flopping. He tried to get in front of the man and take a charge.

Basketball players do charge drills starting in HS, maybe earlier.

Here's an example of the charge drill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u9WE55zkHA

Now this is a flop!!!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkBjuVGbb4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G_5GPP5B1A&feature=related

You're getting it. A FLOP to me is when either no or very little contact exists and you react like that. 90 percent of what people call flops by Griffin are legit contact.... that he's just adding a dramatic flair to. I can only thing of one flop where he didn't get touched which was where DeMarcus Cousins swiped for his face and seemed to miss and Griffin held his face.

Calabis
05-09-2012, 06:15 PM
One of the worst flops ever lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=tlFMT88acHw&feature=fvwp

Rodman putting some extra sauce on it

longtime lurker
05-09-2012, 08:46 PM
LMAO were thre actually posters that said Jordan NEVER flopped? Talk about stanning to the next level.

GIF REACTION
07-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Here's some references Pauk

TheMarkMadsen
07-18-2015, 06:00 PM
Here's some references Pauk

Pauk doesn't need your help brah

he's already told us he's got at least 19 clips, plenty more now with all that time he's had to watch old Jordan game film

:oldlol: :oldlol:

riseagainst
07-18-2015, 06:33 PM