PDA

View Full Version : Tonight Lebron faced more pressure than any athlete in the history of modern sports

tmacattack33
06-07-2012, 11:03 PM
And I am not joking.

Twitter + SportsCenter + ESPN.COM and today's media, along with the fact that Lebron is simply a cartoon like villain in the media today equals pressure that has never been seen before.

And Lebron responded like a champ.

And I said modern sports because I guess back in the day, a Gladiator or bull fighter or something might have faced death in their "sport". And that's kind of pressure packed if you ask me.

Batz
06-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Twitter? Really?

SpaceJammeR
06-07-2012, 11:05 PM
i agree that this game was one of the most important games in his career. he just needs to keep this mentality and attitude up if he wants to win a chip

Kiarip
The pressure isn't actually physically there.

It's only there if you think it is, so you don't know how much pressure he was actually under.

But it was a really important game and he played very well!

Noyze
haven't seen anyone face this much pressure since Rocky fought Ivan Drago

Derka
06-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Its a Game 6. Of the Eastern Conference Finals.

This is not the biggest game of his career. Game 7 won't be either. He did not face tons of pressure tonight.

chips93
06-07-2012, 11:07 PM
he faced more pressure in several of the games in the finals

nonetheless, epic performance from Bron, coming up huge is a career shaping game

Vienceslav
Twitter.:roll: #YouKnowSheWantsTheDickWhen

bmulls
My first reaction was to call this overreaction thread of the night #1, but I really can't think of any athlete who has received more scrutiny playing in a bigger game in a long time.

tmacattack33
Twitter? Really?

Yes, Twitter, along with the internet in general and places like this where you are at currently as you are reading this.

(e)
Boston needed 47 free throws to negate what he did tonight...

Yeah he faced a lot of pressure, and responded very well - but most in modern era? Hell no. This isn't even the Finals, it's just the ECF. Miami just let Lebron do him in the first half while doing the dirty work like rebounding. Then all chipped in when Lebron came back down to Earth. Wade, Chalmers, Haslem all had very solid games.

tmacattack33
06-07-2012, 11:08 PM
My first reaction was to call this overreaction thread of the night #1, but I really can't think of any athlete who has received more scrutiny playing in a bigger game in a long time.

Try to name one, besides Lebron himself.

I'll be waiting.

Droid101
06-07-2012, 11:09 PM
What an overreaction.

Batz
06-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Yes, Twitter, along with the internet in general and places like this where you are at currently as you are reading this.
Yeah say that. Because I don't think Athletes worry too much about twitter wars after a big loss.

Vragrant
06-07-2012, 11:10 PM
People crack on on Lebrons' hairline, but think about how much stress this guy is under lol.

I bet most people would be bald by now, with the type of scrutiny this guy gets.

t-rex
06-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Nobody should be ripping LBJ after this. You can't play any better than he did tonight. It was a remarkable performance.

tmacattack33
06-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Boston needed 47 free throws to negate what he did tonight...

Yeah he faced a lot of pressure, and responded very well - but most in modern era? Hell no. This isn't even the Finals, it's just the ECF. Miami just let Lebron do him in the first half while doing the dirty work like rebounding. Then all chipped in when Lebron came back down to Earth. Wade, Chalmers, Haslem all had very solid games.

Okay fine, more pressure than anyone besides the pressure he himself had last year in the Finals.

If you think Dirk or anyone else had anything close to as much pressure as Lebron, you are kidding yourself. If Dirk lost, it would not have been news to anyone. Lebron loses, and its headline news all over the place. There is probably an official stat of this (headlines across major newspapers in the country) that I can prove it with.

Go ask your neighbor and his wife and his kids who Dirk Nowitzki is and I'll give you a dollar if they get it right.

Then ask them who Lebron James is, and what they think of him and what they'd think if he fails to win the Finals.

(e)
06-07-2012, 11:21 PM
There is a reason it's headlines when he losses.

1. He's the best player in the game.
2. He claimed he was going to win not 1, not 2, not 3...ect Championships. You don't get to skate by with a free pass when you fail.
3. Other things like the Decision, his 2011 Finals post game interview, ect.

People always jump to defend him, and jump to criticize him. It's all warranted. Lebron has put himself in that spot light.

dajadeed
06-07-2012, 11:55 PM
The son of a crackhead/prostitute brought it upon himself. Had he not guaranteed 7+ chips and said it was gonna be "easy" then it wouldn't be as bad. Having an hour special on tv is the height of narcissism.

WadeBronDonJuan
06-08-2012, 12:17 AM
The son of a crackhead/prostitute brought it upon himself. Had he not guaranteed 7+ chips and said it was gonna be "easy" then it wouldn't be as bad. Having an hour special on tv is the height of narcissism.

Look how trashy you are for posting that. You're no better than lebron. Wow.

Eat it. Lebron made you eat your words tonight.

bmulls
06-08-2012, 12:19 AM

What does his mother have to do with anything?

You're a douche, stay mad.

tmacattack33
06-08-2012, 12:19 AM

I wasn't talking discussing how the pressure became so large in the first place.

I was discussing how large the pressure is, period. And it seems like you agree with me that the pressure is in fact very large.

Kews1
06-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Lebron really stood up tonight great game :bowdown:

dajadeed
06-08-2012, 12:30 AM
I wasn't talking discussing how the pressure became so large in the first place.

I was discussing how large the pressure is, period. And it seems like you agree with me that the pressure is in fact very large.

The pressure is compounded because he has consistently failed when favored. There's a reason people were writing off the Heat before tonight. I never expected Boston to make it a series, but they are on the brink of the finals.

Miami will most likely win game 7, but lets not act like Lebron is somehow facing pressure that is different than what the select few that get to his level face. Superstars are expected to win. Uber-superstars HAVE to win. He wants in the company of Magic, Larry, Kobe, MJ, Shaq, Duncan, etc. The only way to do that is to win and win multiple times.

That is why the pressure is great. His window is not closing, but he no longer is the up and comer or the youngster in the league. It's his ****ing time. He is not expected to win, he is supposed to win.

Great game from him tonight.

dajadeed
06-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Look how trashy you are for posting that. You're no better than lebron. Wow.

Eat it. Lebron made you eat your words tonight.

His mamma is a savory character at best. Who cares? Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have brought it up but it's not like I called her that to her face. It's the internet. Stop acting like you're defending her honor :oldlol:

andgar923
06-08-2012, 12:33 AM
I'm thinking about basketball cause I don't know of any other American pro sport in which a star has been as scrutinized as Bron.

Kobe has been the center of media attention and MJ comparisons for many years, but in the eyes of some his career hasn't been defined by 'a' game.

This is the scenario that Bron faces....

His entire legacy rests on whether or not they win THIS game.

YES 'this' game.

If they lose, the blame goes on his shoulders and the Heat face a possible break up.

If they lose, Bron's past will continue to be brought up. They were ahead in the series as the favorites and then lost it. Again, his legacy gets tarnished even more and the future of the team would've lied on his shoulders.

MJ faced pressure, but he didn't cast those doubts.
Kobe faced pressure, but he wasn't known as being un clutch.

I can't think of another athlete in which their entire legacy has been so scrutinized, I really can't. Even if the Pac vs Floyd fight comes to fruition, their legacy won't take as high a hit.

I'm really trying to think of another player that's judged on what he SHOULD do, or what's EXPECTED of them that's on this level.

Only way I can see Bron face more pressure is if the Heat do go to the Finals and the series comes down to game 7. Otherwise no matter what happens in the Finals, this may be it.

ILLsmak
06-08-2012, 12:37 AM
THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

Stop making stupid threads. STOP IT.

I'd say Tiger Woods faced much more pressure than LeBron because it totally broke him. To be alone out there with everyone knowing your personal business.

You could just say, "LeBron had a great game and showed up under immense pressure." But you had to ruin it with your hyperbole.

-Smak

tmacattack33
06-08-2012, 12:39 AM
The pressure is compounded because he has consistently failed when favored. There's a reason people were writing off the Heat before tonight. I never expected Boston to make it a series, but they are on the brink of the finals.

Miami will most likely win game 7, but lets not act like Lebron is somehow facing pressure that is different than what the select few that get to his level face. Superstars are expected to win. Uber-superstars HAVE to win. He wants in the company of Magic, Larry, Kobe, MJ, Shaq, Duncan, etc. The only way to do that is to win and win multiple times.

That is why the pressure is great. His window is not closing, but he no longer is the up and comer or the youngster in the league. It's his ****ing time. He is not expected to win, he is supposed to win.

Great game from him tonight.

Your first paragraph was a lot about why the pressure is so large to begin with.

I completely disagree with your second paragraph where you say Duncan, Jordan, and Kobe have faced this kind of pressure. That is completely wrong, and can even be proven with this years playoff results. Duncan and Kobe did NOT receive the kind of criticism that Lebron would have received if the Heat were outed by the Celtics tonight. And again, I could probably back that up with actual stats (of the # of headlines or articles of major newspapers saying negative things about them).

Duncan and Kobe hardly got any flack at all for losing. Maybe that is because they have rings already, but again, I don't care WHY their pressure is lower, all I am discussing is the fact that theirs is indeed lower...and it's really not even close.

Tenchi Ryu
06-08-2012, 12:41 AM
THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

I'd say Tiger Woods faced much more pressure than LeBron because it totally broke him. To be alone out there with everyone knowing your personal business.

You could just say, "LeBron had a great game and showed up under immense pressure." But you had to ruin it with your hyperbole.

-Smak
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

This ain't shit compared to Tiger, you got women who literally wanted to chop his dick off, including my female family members, and they don't even watch golf.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

inclinerator
06-08-2012, 12:42 AM
u wont feel pressure when someone puts u a coma and u wake up 48 hrs later

Solid Snake
06-08-2012, 12:44 AM
The pressure isn't actually physically there.

It's only there if you think it is, so you don't know how much pressure he was actually under.

But it was a really important game and he played very well!

Oh STFU trying to be esoteric. There was pressure and you ****ing know it. You're just trying to be a contrarian.

Kblaze8855
06-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Peyton Manning in his first superbowl taking the field after Hester housed the opening kickoff. which isnt #1 either. just first that came to mind.

bmulls
06-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Peyton Manning in his first superbowl taking the field after Hester housed the opening kickoff. which isnt #1 either. just first that came to mind.

Peyton is and always has been ESPN's golden boy. Not even close.

tmacattack33
06-08-2012, 12:47 AM
THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

-Smak

And I can say that Lebron would have been totally broken by a loss to the Celtics tonight and would have locked himself in a room for a week after losing.

And I can say that basketball is life for Delonte West because he's despressed and messed up emotionally off the court and basketball is his outlet, and if he's not performing well on the court it hurts him mentally and is literally like life or death for him.

But that's personal matters. We have no idea what is going on there...so I'm not even going to try to discuss it. We don't know who cares about the game and how much.

What I am measuring here is media scrutiny and pressure in that sense.

andgar923
06-08-2012, 12:48 AM
THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

-Smak

And Bron hasn't?

Sure he doesn't go out there on his own, which makes it even harder. And people don't doubt Tiger's greatness, if he loses they won't write him off his legacy won't be hurt on his performance... PEOPLE KNOW HE CAN DELIVER CAUSE HE HAS. If he loses, it's only HE that he lets down and only HE suffers the consequences... not the case with Bron.

Kblaze8855
06-08-2012, 12:49 AM

Peyton was 08-10 Lebron for like 6 years in a row. Loved then hated on like nobody else in his sport for losing in the playoffs.

tmacattack33
06-08-2012, 12:51 AM

That is the first thing any one has said in this thread that may even come close.

dajadeed
06-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Your first paragraph was a lot about why the pressure is so large to begin with.

I completely disagree with your second paragraph where you say Duncan, Jordan, and Kobe have faced this kind of pressure. That is completely wrong, and can even be proven with this years playoff results. Duncan and Kobe did NOT receive the kind of criticism that Lebron would have received if the Heat were outed by the Celtics tonight. And again, I could probably back that up with actual stats (of the # of headlines or articles of major newspapers saying negative things about them).

Duncan and Kobe hardly got any flack at all for losing. Maybe that is because they have rings already, but again, I don't care WHY their pressure is lower, all I am discussing is the fact that theirs is indeed lower...and it's really not even close.

Duncan and Kobe didn't get that flak because by the time they were Lebron's age they had multiple rings. Kobe dealt with the "He can't win without Shaq" crap for a little bit but he shut that noise up pretty quickly.

MJ went through this. Just because social media wasn't what it is today doesn't mean people didn't think he was just a shotjacking showboat. Part of being great is dealing with pressure. Wanting it. Alot of people think Lebron was scared in clutch situations. That is a charge that has never been brought up against MJ, Kobe, Duncan, etc. Shaq was different because the Lakers took him out alot because of his ft%, leaving Kobe to close games.

Bottom line, each superstar has his own path to travel. The longer Lebron goes without a title, the heavier the burden. If he doesn't win by next season it will slowly turn to pity and disappointment. His fans making his plight into some persecution or something any different than what other superstars have gone through is ridiculous. Get over yourselves.

Dude is a great player who is expected to win but has not so far. People hate him because he has stuck his foot in his mouth several times. If he wins, it will go down. If he doesn't, it will only intensify.

Sarcastic
06-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Jesse Owens running at the 1936 Olympics in Berlin in front of Adolf Hitler.

Jackie Robinson's first game for the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Both make the pressure Lebron felt tonight, just seem like bad gas.

ILLsmak
06-08-2012, 12:59 AM
And Bron hasn't?

Sure he doesn't go out there on his own, which makes it even harder. And people don't doubt Tiger's greatness, if he loses they won't write him off his legacy won't be hurt on his performance... PEOPLE KNOW HE CAN DELIVER CAUSE HE HAS. If he loses, it's only HE that he lets down and only HE suffers the consequences... not the case with Bron.

Heh, "Legacy" doesn't matter to anyone but yourself and your fans, the ones that still like you.

What happened to Tiger Woods was a media sensation for months. You don't see Nancy Grace having people LeBron knew on.

There was no scene like that car crash or the 911 call.

It's ridiculous to me that you can even compare them to one another. Pressure goes beyond sports. LeBron has made it apparent he cares mostly about his brand and making money.

What you said is exactly why there was more pressure on Tiger. Tiger is going out there with who... his caddy? He steps up to the tee alone. Everyone is thinking "This guy is such a scumbag, he cheated on his wife! I can't wait to see him fail!" And when he fails they make it a news story. It's 2012, when did that shit happen to Tiger... 3 years ago? He still hasn't returned to his level of greatness.

So while LeBron steps out on the court with guys he knows that are ballers, even an all-nba guy like Wade and an all-star in Bosh... as well as a crew of decent role players, Tiger was under a larger microscope.

It's no comparison no matter how much you want to think it is. Tiger Woods was a very pure idol and they tore all of that shit down instantly. His sponsors dropped him, you've got people with pictures of his dick, and women demanding money.

If you think that LeBron, who while he is scrutinized, isn't THAT scrutinized. He always has people defending him. What about Dirk? They shit all over Dirk when he got swept in the first round. Basketball is a team sport, shit happens.

I'm not even saying this was the single biggest game of LeBron's career. They could still lose in 7.

I just don't understand why people have to make everything such a big deal. It's people like you, the sensationalists, that have created the "pressure" you feel is unduly placed on LeBron's shoulders.

-Smak

TMT
06-08-2012, 01:00 AM
No offense to the Celtics fans, but it's not like they are playing the best team in the league. :confusedshrug: They shouldn't be down 3-2 in the first place so it's really not the most pressure any athlete has faced ever. C'mon now.

dajadeed
06-08-2012, 01:01 AM

Anyone who has ever played in a World Cup final.

Talk about pressure, that is when entire countries grind to a halt. If you have ever been in Europe or South America or somewhere and were lucky enough to witness a World Cup final in one of the countries actually playing in it, it is like nothing you have ever seen.

It is not hyperbole when I say the country grinds to a halt.

andgar923
06-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Heh, "Legacy" doesn't matter to anyone but yourself and your fans, the ones that still like you.

What happened to Tiger Woods was a media sensation for months. You don't see Nancy Grace having people LeBron knew on.

There was no scene like that car crash or the 911 call.

It's ridiculous to me that you can even compare them to one another. Pressure goes beyond sports. LeBron has made it apparent he cares mostly about his brand and making money.

What you said is exactly why there was more pressure on Tiger. Tiger is going out there with who... his caddy? He steps up to the tee alone. Everyone is thinking "This guy is such a scumbag, he cheated on his wife! I can't wait to see him fail!" And when he fails they make it a news story. It's 2012, when did that shit happen to Tiger... 3 years ago? He still hasn't returned to his level of greatness.

So while LeBron steps out on the court with guys he knows that are ballers, even an all-nba guy like Wade and an all-star in Bosh... as well as a crew of decent role players, Tiger was under a larger microscope.

It's no comparison no matter how much you want to think it is. Tiger Woods was a very pure idol and they tore all of that shit down instantly. His sponsors dropped him, you've got people with pictures of his dick, and women demanding money.

If you think that LeBron, who while he is scrutinized, isn't THAT scrutinized. He always has people defending him. What about Dirk? They shit all over Dirk when he got swept in the first round. Basketball is a team sport, shit happens.

I'm not even saying this was the single biggest game of LeBron's career. They could still lose in 7.

I just don't understand why people have to make everything such a big deal. It's people like you, the sensationalists, that have created the "pressure" you feel is unduly placed on LeBron's shoulders.

-Smak
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Thethirdguy
06-08-2012, 02:08 AM
Here's how i feel about Lebron. Im not sure if i hate him more for "the decision" and all the pompous arrogant bs that followed or if i hate him more just for the fact that somebody could make me hate them so much that I'm actually rooting for the Celtics to make it to the finals. Go Celtics! Words i thought I'd never say....
What i will say is that for someone who has as much talent as Lebron it's about ****ing time he came through when it mattered. Just sad that the game that so fat has mattered most was a come from behind game 6 of the semi finals. I think that pretty much sums him up

JtotheIzzo
06-08-2012, 02:24 AM
And I am not joking.

Twitter + SportsCenter + ESPN.COM and today's media, along with the fact that Lebron is simply a cartoon like villain in the media today equals pressure that has never been seen before.

No, game 6 of an ECF in a strike shortened season is no where near the stakes to make such an asinine claim.

RaininTwos
06-08-2012, 02:26 AM

Those were certainly modern sporting events.

Twitter was going HAM when Owens won, that shit was amazing son.

Did you see the hitler's reaction? Gif that

GOBB_Junior
06-08-2012, 02:27 AM
How many championships have you guys won in real life? LeBron just played his best game of his entire NBA Career. Give him some props. He's no longer afraid to fail. That's why the Heat will beat the Celtics in Game 7.

Timmy D for MVP
06-08-2012, 02:35 AM
I'm sure there are hundreds upon hundreds of soccer players who've felt pressure far exceeding that of Lebron.

Or how about any athlete that doesn't have the means that Lebron has. Any athlete who hasn't made it just yet, and has to play to keep something afloat: their family, their dreams, etc.

So I read your title and was like:

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Srsly_f15f91_279083.gif

tpols
06-08-2012, 02:57 AM
What about those south american soccer players who get cartel kidnappings and hits placed on them when they fvck up in the world cup? This is baby shit in comparison.

Timmy D for MVP
06-08-2012, 03:00 AM
What about those south american soccer players who get cartel kidnappings and hits placed on them when they fvck up in the world cup? This is baby shit in comparison.

Yup that's what I meant. Shit happens in Europe and Africa too.

PLUS sometimes the teams represent more than just sport. I can't even begin to imagine doing that shit week in and week out.

The Iron Fist
06-08-2012, 08:27 AM
I'm thinking about basketball cause I don't know of any other American pro sport in which a star has been as scrutinized as Bron.

Kobe has been the center of media attention and MJ comparisons for many years, but in the eyes of some his career hasn't been defined by 'a' game.

This is the scenario that Bron faces....

His entire legacy rests on whether or not they win THIS game.

YES 'this' game.

If they lose, the blame goes on his shoulders and the Heat face a possible break up.

If they lose, Bron's past will continue to be brought up. They were ahead in the series as the favorites and then lost it. Again, his legacy gets tarnished even more and the future of the team would've lied on his shoulders.

MJ faced pressure, but he didn't cast those doubts.
Kobe faced pressure, but he wasn't known as being un clutch.

I can't think of another athlete in which their entire legacy has been so scrutinized, I really can't. Even if the Pac vs Floyd fight comes to fruition, their legacy won't take as high a hit.

I'm really trying to think of another player that's judged on what he SHOULD do, or what's EXPECTED of them that's on this level.

Only way I can see Bron face more pressure is if the Heat do go to the Finals and the series comes down to game 7. Otherwise no matter what happens in the Finals, this may be it.
Alex Rodriguez. The baseball version of lebron.

The Iron Fist
06-08-2012, 08:28 AM
How many championships have you guys won in real life? LeBron just played his best game of his entire NBA Career. Give him some props. He's no longer afraid to fail. That's why the Heat will beat the Celtics in Game 7.
Whoa there cowboy. Tbis has to be done on a consistent basis. Not just one game.

The Iron Fist
06-08-2012, 08:30 AM
Lebron isnt?:biggums:

06-08-2012, 08:59 AM

That's from the late 90s but yea, 100k fans about to riot is a bit more pressure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jagvYIMJyzU

stephanieg
06-08-2012, 09:13 AM
What about when everyone thought Kobe was going to prison?

tmacattack33
06-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Great. A guy on a ten day contract with no fall back plan who is thus playing for his life during those ten days is not what I am talking about here.

I am talking about pressure in the sense of the pressure that is used to determine the legacy standings of the all-time best NBA players. The pressure that all of you used to use to determine which stars are "clutch" and which aren't. Well, Lebron just faced pressure that none of them has ever faced.

And i guarantee that those of you who are talking about guys playing on ten day contracts have, in the past few days, said that Durant is clutch or that James Harden is clutch. Well, according to you, they aren't close to being clutch because they aren't playing for their lives on a ten day contract.

triangleoffense
06-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Great. A guy on a ten day contract with no fall back plan who is thus playing for his life during those ten days is not what I am talking about here.

I am talking about pressure in the sense of the pressure that is used to determine the legacy standings of the all-time best NBA players. The pressure that all of you used to use to determine which stars are "clutch" and which aren't. Well, Lebron just faced pressure that none of them has ever faced.

And i guarantee that those of you who are talking about guys playing on ten day contracts have, in the past few days, said that Durant is clutch or that James Harden is clutch. Well, according to you, they aren't close to being clutch because they aren't playing for their lives on a ten day contract.
Logic still fails. *waiting for someone to post counter-examples

Eat Like A Bosh
06-08-2012, 12:06 PM
THis.

So what if LeBron gets eliminated? He'll still have next year. There's more pressure for the Cs to win it, since this is probably their last run.

Heilige
06-08-2012, 12:08 PM

Indeed, LeBron has faced much pressure, but I don't know if you can truly say he has faced more pressure than anyone else...

Here is a partial list of players who faced/have faced at least as much pressure/scrutiny as LeBron James AND withstood that pressure/scrutiny to win multiple championships:

Wilt Chamberlain was--and, in some cases, still is--pilloried by the media for putting up gaudy stats but supposedly never winning the big game; Chamberlain silenced at least some of his critics by leading two of the greatest single season championship teams in the sport's history, the 1967 76ers and the 1972 Lakers.

Magic Johnson faced tremendous pressure and scrutiny after his Lakers lost in the first round of the 1981 playoffs and that pressure/scrutiny increased when the team fired Coach Paul Westhead early in the 1982 season after Johnson loudly complained about Westhead's methods. The media did not cut Johnson much slack even though he had already led the Lakers to a championship in 1980 with one of the greatest single game performances in NBA Finals history. The Lakers then won the 1982 title but despite winning two rings in his first three seasons Johnson was called "Tragic" instead of Magic after committing several gaffes in the 1984 NBA Finals.

Many critics contended that Michael Jordan would never win a championship because he was too focused on chasing scoring titles. Jordan eventually led the Bulls to six championships, winning the scoring title in each of those seasons.

Kobe Bryant's shot selection endlessly fascinates self-proclaimed basketball experts who annually lecture Bryant about the importance of "trusting his teammates" even though Bryant has been the Lakers' primary playmaker for the bulk of his career, winning five championships along the way.

James receives an appropriate amount of scrutiny and criticism based on his talent level, the blatant lack of effort he displayed in the 2010 and 2011 postseasons when his teams were bounced from the playoffs and the fact that is he the only three-time MVP in league history who has not won a championship. James put more pressure on himself with his ridiculous comments about how "easy" it would be to win multiple titles while playing alongside Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh; those comments are evidence of James' hubris and his lack of understanding/respect for the difficult process of becoming a champion.

http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/

tmacattack33
06-08-2012, 12:11 PM
THis (Lebron doesn't face as much pressure as international soccer players who get death threats from cartels due to their play on the soccer field).

So what if LeBron gets eliminated? He'll still have next year. There's more pressure for the Cs to win it, since this is probably their last run.

Nobody compares Lebron and those soccer players. They don't even play the same sport.

My statement was speaking of the pressure in terms of how it would effect a player's legacy and reputation in the media.

Nobody ever says MJ is not clutch because he never had a cartel place a hit on him, LOL.

They say he is very clutch, and that is because he played great in some pressure packed NBA games. Well, Lebron just had more pressure on him than any game of MJ's career.

LBJ 23
06-08-2012, 12:30 PM
People saying that it's just ECF and not the Finals, therefore there shouldn't be as much pressure as in the Finals but isn't it the exact opposite in this particular situation? Imagine Miami and especially Lebron in this case being eliminated(which is still a high possibility) in the ECF against an old Celtics team or Miami being eliminated in the Finals against arguably a better and deeper OKC team. In which case do you think Miami and Lebron would be more criticized? I would say against Celtics easily and looking from this standpoint the pressure might be even higher in this close series than in the Finals.

Or not to mention against Indiana. Imagine Lebron losing to Indiana in the second round and what kind of blame he would receive. Surely a LOT more than losing in the Finals against OKC. Doesn't this make those 2 crucial games against Indiana and Boston very subjected to pressure?

StateOfMind12
06-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Lebron didn't even face any pressure tonight. I'm pretty sure everyone thought the Heat would roll over and lose that Game 6 and that the Celtics would win the game but the complete opposite ended up happening.

OP needs to get his mouth out of LeBron's balls.

DirtySanchez
06-08-2012, 01:35 PM
More pressure?

Ummmm I don't think so but yes he faced a whole lot.
Thing is though he is not done yet. He has to win game seven and beat the Thunder next series if the Heat make it that far.

But speaking on the game itself all I can say is finally.
He looked like the best player in the NBA a true beast.
Kudos to LeBron.

ILLsmak
06-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Nobody compares Lebron and those soccer players. They don't even play the same sport.

My statement was speaking of the pressure in terms of how it would effect a player's legacy and reputation in the media.

Nobody ever says MJ is not clutch because he never had a cartel place a hit on him, LOL.

They say he is very clutch, and that is because he played great in some pressure packed NBA games. Well, Lebron just had more pressure on him than any game of MJ's career.

How do you even know that?

And how do you even know what would have happened if they lost? Bosh was injured, that would be a legit excuse for a loss.

I hate that you keep saying all of this stuff like it's true, but I guess we're just playing along by responding.

-Smak

DirtySanchez
06-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Lebron didn't even face any pressure tonight. I'm pretty sure everyone thought the Heat would roll over and lose that Game 6 and that the Celtics would win the game but the complete opposite ended up happening.

Naw man...it was a elimination game. That's a whole lot of pressure.

tmacattack33
06-08-2012, 01:36 PM

What does it matter what everyone thought would happen (by the way, Miami was the favorite)?

If Miami lost, they would have been eliminated and Lebron would have faced criticism beyond anything we've ever seen...due to today's hyper active media forms (the internet and social media) and the fallout from The Decision.

StateOfMind12
06-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Naw man...it was a elimination game. That's a whole lot of pressure.
So how would that game be any different than Game 5 or Game 6 of the 2011 NBA Finals? Game 6 was an elimination game and it was in the Finals too and we all saw what he did.

This thread will be recreated like 6 more times probably in the next 2 weeks.

What does it matter what everyone thought would happen (by the way, Miami was the favorite)?

If Miami lost, they would have been eliminated and Lebron would have faced criticism beyond anything we've ever seen...due to today's hyper active media forms (the internet and social media) and the fallout from The Decision.
Miami was not favorite to win Game 6 but they were favorite to win the series though. LeBron and his team will be the favorite to win in Game 7 though since they have all the momentum and they are clearly the more talented team.

Your reasons are stupid and this thread is stupid.

Just get LeBron's mouth out of his balls, everything he does is not thread worthy.

tmacattack33
06-08-2012, 01:40 PM
How do you even know that?

And how do you even know what would have happened if they lost? Bosh was injured, that would be a legit excuse for a loss.

I hate that you keep saying all of this stuff like it's true, but I guess we're just playing along by responding.

-Smak

I don't think Jordan ever had a cartel put a hit on him, and if he did, it might have been in game 27 of the regular season in 1992...and nobody talks about that game as his signature clutch performance.

I am saying that in the same way people say MJ was so good when faced with pressure (and again, they don't talk about a game where he had a cartel place a hit on him, they talk about his playoff performances in high stakes game), it would be hypocritical not for them to say that Lebron faced more of that kind pressure last night than Jordan ever did. LOL.

tmacattack33
06-08-2012, 01:41 PM
So how would that game be any different than Game 5 or Game 6 of the 2011 NBA Finals? Game 6 was an elimination game and it was in the Finals too and we all saw what he did.

This thread will be recreated like 6 more times probably in the next 2 weeks.

Miami was not favorite to win Game 6 but they were favorite to win the series though. LeBron and his team will be the favorite to win in Game 7 though since they have all the momentum and they are clearly the more talented team.

Your reasons are stupid and this thread is stupid.

Just get LeBron's mouth out of his balls, everything he does is not thread worthy.

Opening line was Miami -1.5. Closing was Miami -2.

RoseCity07
06-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Lebron silenced the Kobe stans.

tmacattack33
06-08-2012, 01:57 PM

I just needed to requote this post, because it is absolutely ridiculous.

You may not agree with the title of this thread, or you may not understand what kind of pressure I am talking about (like any one talking about the pressure a ten day contract player has on him), but to say something like StateofMind12 said there is just utterly ridiculous.

tpols
06-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Didnt you make the thread title? Any athlete in the history of modern sports.. Soccer players are athletes.. and they play in a modern sport. Guess it's time for a quick edit.:oldlol:

StateOfMind12
06-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Go ahead and tell me the difference between Game 6 of the 2012 ECF and Game 6 of the 2011 NBA Finals besides the fact that LeBron played well in one of them and the LeBron sucked in the other.

tpols
06-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Go ahead and tell me the difference between Game 6 of the 2012 ECF and Game 6 of the 2011 NBA Finals besides the fact that LeBron played well in one of them and the LeBron sucked in the other.
One team had Paul Pierce/an old Boston team guarding him and the other had the Dallas Mavericks who shut down Kobe, Durant, and then Lebron consecutively.

ArbitraryWater
03-30-2020, 04:02 PM
Its a Game 6. Of the Eastern Conference Finals.

This is not the biggest game of his career. Game 7 won't be either. He did not face tons of pressure tonight.

even now this game remains the biggest game of his career lol

its the one that kickstarted it all

DoctorP
03-30-2020, 04:16 PM
last night I flushed the biggest, nastiest turd ever flushed in the history of the world. of all time.