ESPN Los Angeles : June 27, 2013

Kobe "I eat first and second" Bryant

KyleKong
06-28-2013, 04:07 AM
Egos Vs Egos

That simple.

WayOfWade
06-28-2013, 04:08 AM
For some reason, this doesn't surprise me.

Mr. Jabbar
06-28-2013, 04:12 AM
Cause the mamba means business, he gonna make you work your ass out or you're gonna look like a fool, if you're a superstar he wont do press confs with you either :bowdown:

06-28-2013, 04:13 AM
I wish more of that rant was uploaded it was about to get interesting.

TonyMontana
06-28-2013, 04:13 AM
Playing with Kobe isn't fun. He's a crybaby that doesn't want to do any of the gritty work and just wants to take all of the teams shots.

You know which players have attracted the most ring chasing veterans?

LeBron and Shaq. These guys are so dominant that they make the game easier for everyone else. All you have to worry about is making the open looks they create for you. Not to mention they create a fun atmosphere for the guys. When you come to their teams your being adopted into a family like environment.

Kobe isn't getting anyone open looks. He'll take contested shots, expect you to get the rebounds, and expect you to cover his man for him on the other end. Oh and he'll bitch at everyone too all game long and expect all of the glory when the team wins. Guy has had problems with almost every high profiled character hes ever played with except for Gasol + Nash who are two of the most humble guys in the NBA, dont care about anything except the good of the team.

Graviton
06-28-2013, 04:15 AM
Kobe failed to adapt to the times, that whole I am the boss alpha male bullshit don't work well with team chemistry and success in the playoffs. He shoulda learned from Lebron/Wade, gotta let go of your ego and team up with people, be friendly.

Kobe run Shaq out of town after the guy gifted him 3 Rings, his personality was tolerated by ***** Beta Pau Gasoft and resulted in 2 rings, but now with Superteams you need to recruit and try to get along with other big ego stars. Kobe failed to do that with Howard, got a career ending injury trying to do it all himself to prove some moot point to his doubters and will now simply be remembered as an egomaniac with trust issues. :(

Derivative
06-28-2013, 04:15 AM
Playing with Kobe isn't fun. He's a crybaby that doesn't want to do any of the gritty work and just wants to take all of the teams shots.

LeBron and Shaq. These guys are so dominant that they make the game easier for everyone else. All you have to worry about is making the open looks they create for you. Not to mention they create a fun atmosphere for the guys. When you come to their teams your being adopted into a family like environment.

Kobe isn't getting anyone open looks. He'll take contested shots, expect you to get the rebounds, and expect you to cover his man for him on the other end. Oh and he'll bitch at everyone too all game long and expect all of the glory when the team wins. Guy has had problems with almost every high profiled character hes ever played with except for Gasol + Nash who are two of the most humble guys in the NBA, dont care about anything except the good of the team.

this is pretty accurate

3LiftHeatCurse
06-28-2013, 04:23 AM
Kobe failed to adapt to the times, that whole I am the boss alpha male bullshit don't work well with team chemistry and success in the playoffs. He shoulda learned from Lebron/Wade, gotta let go of your ego and team up with people, be friendly.

Kobe run Shaq out of town after the guy gifted him 3 Rings, his personality was tolerated by ***** Beta Pau Gasoft and resulted in 2 rings, but now with Superteams you need to recruit and try to get along with other big ego stars. Kobe failed to do that with Howard, got a career ending injury trying to do it all himself to prove some moot point to his doubters and will now simply be remembered as an egomaniac with trust issues. :(

***** Beta Pau Gasoft tolerated Kobe's personality :bowdown: You a master with words, legit. You stated it perfectly.

I was always shocked Pau allowed all of this. OH and it wasn't just Kobe. Laker fans have been making fun of him for years. His own fans use him as a whipping boy. Pau is a ***** made beta.

Though, he did complain sometimes to the media. Like when Kobe was chucking away and being selfish to chase a record and finally got it, Pau was like "Hopefully we can start playing team basketball again"

gregboy55
06-28-2013, 04:31 AM

I've never seen anyone describe Kobe more accurately than this ^^^

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

AintNoSunshine
06-28-2013, 04:35 AM
He should go play tennis or golf where teammate isn't needed

Remix
06-28-2013, 04:38 AM
I feel bad for Kobe. Dwight wants to be the main option and looks like a btch when he's going to be getting outplayed by a 35 year old Bryant. Can't blame Bryant though. Even at 35, there's only two or three other guys who are better first options than him.

SCdac
06-28-2013, 04:39 AM
I thought it was a particularly hilarious display of huge ego when Kobe, who was teamed up with one of the GOAT playmakers and passers, decided that he's the real PG on the team :roll:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/4b14baf42033bb3c8cc3f6a445d16223/tumblr_mh91kgDVpr1rs5ngxo1_500.png

KyleKong
06-28-2013, 04:40 AM

Holy shit Graviton

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1323517/i_spit_hot_fire.jpg

KobesFinger
06-28-2013, 04:52 AM
ITT: Kobe hater convention. Just need gengis and hank.

Kobe isn't the greatest teammate but he's not as bad as you make him out to be. Shaq left because LA had to decide whether to offer max to the best shooting guard in the game who happened to be 25, or the best centre in the game who is leaving his prime and is 32.

The reason why Kobe and Dwight never fully meshed is because Dwight felt entitled to be the number one option even though he was the 4th best offensive player on the team. Nash can make anyone good, Kobe is one of the best offensive players in the league and Pau has a great inside game.

Kobe had beef with Shaq and Malone. The Shaq issue was petty by both of them, but Malone was flirting with his wife. Do you expect him to allow it? What other high profile players has he had issues with? If Dwight didn't stagnate the offense and Pau could get deeper position, maybe he'd pass more. But 6apg isn't enough I guess.

NumberSix
06-28-2013, 05:47 AM
Kobe's "wanna be like Mike" routine has gotten really old. This guy goes so far out of his way to make sure nobody else on his team shines. Of course nobody want to play with him.

r15mohd
06-28-2013, 08:11 AM
ITT: Kobe hater convention. Just need gengis and hank.

Kobe isn't the greatest teammate but he's not as bad as you make him out to be. Shaq left because LA had to decide whether to offer max to the best shooting guard in the game who happened to be 25, or the best centre in the game who is leaving his prime and is 32.

The reason why Kobe and Dwight never fully meshed is because Dwight felt entitled to be the number one option even though he was the 4th best offensive player on the team. Nash can make anyone good, Kobe is one of the best offensive players in the league and Pau has a great inside game.

Kobe had beef with Shaq and Malone. The Shaq issue was petty by both of them, but Malone was flirting with his wife. Do you expect him to allow it? What other high profile players has he had issues with? If Dwight didn't stagnate the offense and Pau could get deeper position, maybe he'd pass more. But 6apg isn't enough I guess.

lol...guess Kobe couldn't take some of his own medicine, wasn't he cheating on his wife this whole time? :rolleyes:

as for Dwight be the 4th best scoring option...you are looking at the game blindfolded, reason Dwight's offensive production was low was due to Kobe being reluctant to given up scoring opportunities to anyone but himself. Had Dwight been the go to guy throughout each game, Lakers would of been much better than what they were.

SilkkTheShocker
06-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Is this really a surprise? Kobe doesn't make anyone better.

Doctor Rivers
06-28-2013, 08:18 AM
I feel bad for Kobe. Dwight wants to be the main option and looks like a btch when he's going to be getting outplayed by a 35 year old Bryant. Can't blame Bryant though. Even at 35, there's only two or three other guys who are better first options than him.

pretty much

KobesFinger
06-28-2013, 08:21 AM
lol...guess Kobe couldn't take some of his own medicine, wasn't he cheating on his wife this whole time? :rolleyes:

as for Dwight be the 4th best scoring option...you are looking at the game blindfolded, reason Dwight's offensive production was low was due to Kobe being reluctant to given up scoring opportunities to anyone but himself. Had Dwight been the go to guy throughout each game, Lakers would of been much better than what they were.

I'm not condoning cheating, but if your colleague was making advances on your wife even though she and his wife are friends, wouldn't you have something to say?

He was 4th best. I didn't say in terms of statistical production. If Dwight was the go-to guy, no-one else would have an offensive rhythm because he can't pass out of doubles. He would turn the ball over or get fouled. He posts up for the longest time to do one of two moves. If Pau was first option the Lakers would have done better because low post offense is his forte, and is one of the best passing bigs. Kobe passes to Pau when he has position because he knows how good he is.

Dwight left Orlando even though it was the best situation for him, being surrounded by shooters. This meant people weren't going to double him as there were 4 guys who could hit 3s.

fiddy
06-28-2013, 08:22 AM
i had to explain to you like a 4th grader because in a third world country like bulgaria english is a mystery so i thought you are a idiot that doesn't understands shit. and i was right. amazing you poor guys have internet. 2013 :cheers: now go fukk your sister you moron.
:roll:
Go back to school retard. Since when EU is 3rd world? :roll: Most likely my Internet connection is faster than yours,

According to Bloomberg we are ranked at #8 fastest internet connection in the world sucker. http://www.bloomberg.com/slideshow/2013-01-23/top-10-countries-with-the-fastest-internet.html#slide4

Stfu and go **** your hand loser.

Doctor Rivers
06-28-2013, 08:24 AM

lol...you are looking at the game blindfolded

Dwight himself said he could have sat out the first half of the season because he was still hurt

crisoner
06-28-2013, 08:30 AM

Sorry what you just wrote is utter bullsh.t and fodder for all these agenda Kobe hating clones. While it is true Kobe is a remnant of the past Jordan era...he recently won two titles in three straight final runs doing things his way.

This super team friend sh.t is for the birds. You kids now a days act like all pussfied if somebody need to put a foot in your a$$ to show you the way. That's what Bird did....magic....Malone....Jordan. Really f.ck this friend LeBron working out with Durant BS. You kids reflect LeBron's oh I can't win in Cleveland so I'll scheme my way to play with my friends in Miami BS!

**** the LeBron generation!!! You freaking kids act so entitled I wish I can smack all of you with nine inches of limp d.ck!
Go back to your mamas crying that Kobe is a meany.
You tight pants Capre wearing f.cks!!!!
All of you are f.cking pu$$ys.

SilkkTheShocker
06-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Sorry what you just wrote is utter bullsh.t and fodder for all these agenda Kobe hating clones. While it is true Kobe is a remnant of the past Jordan era...he recently won two titles in three straight final runs doing things his way.

This super team friend sh.t is for the birds. You kids now a days act like all pussfied if somebody need to put a foot in your a$$ to show you the way. That's what Bird did....magic....Malone....Jordan. Really f.ck this friend LeBron working out with Durant BS. You kids reflect LeBron's oh I can't win in Cleveland so I'll scheme my way to play with my friends in Miami BS!

**** the LeBron generation!!! You freaking kids act so entitled I wish I can smack all of you with nine inches of limp d.ck!

I honestly never see anyone get more noticeably upset over a basketball opinion on the internet than you. Calm the **** down, son.

I<3NBA
06-28-2013, 08:39 AM

haha. u mad.

crisoner
06-28-2013, 08:43 AM
haha. u mad.

Yes the ignorant arrogant response of today's b*tch made entitled LeBron generation pu$$ys. His entitled leaving for Wades team a$$ has created a breed of Capre wearing clones. Sign of the times right there.

Nashty
06-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Nothing new here, I always knew that he is the worst teammate ever, and that team barely misses him when his injured because no one likes to play with him.

Shaq years(not counting first two Kobe's seasons because he wasn't a starter)

With Kobe: 285-126 (.693)
Without Kobe: 33-16 (.673)

With Shaq: 292-110 (.726)
Without Shaq: 26-32 (.448)

Middle 3 years

With Kobe: 112-111 (.502)
Without Kobe: 9-14 (.391)

With Odom: 106-94 (.530)
Without Odom: 15-31 (.326)

Gasol years

With Kobe: 308-147 (.677)
Without Kobe: 14-7 (.667)

With Gasol: 257-112 (.696)
Without Gasol: 35-26 (.574)

Glass Ankles
06-28-2013, 08:45 AM

**** the LeBron generation!!!
Wow calm down there grandpa, you might give yourself a heart attack.

What you fail to realize is that NBA is just an emotionless organization, when an owner trades a franchise player that stayed loyal to his team through the bad and the good, no one says anything. Pierce just got dumped after 15 years of service. It's just business. But when a player decides to make his own decisions in FREE AGENCY it's suddenly a crime against humanity and ultimate treachery. What exactly is wrong with giving yourself the best chance to win? Isn't that what Kobe was after when he demanded a trade when Lakers weren't contending? Oh wait let me guess that's different. :oldlol:

All these millionaire athletes already "made it", they couldn't give two shits about what the average fan considers honorable or "the right way" when it's just a bunch of men bouncing a ball around a court for our entertainment. If you want to win, you take it into your hands not sit on your ass while a front office that may be mentally challenged is making all the wrong moves or no moves at all.

It's time for you to come out of the dark ages and accept the fact that colleagues don't have to be enemies to compete fiercely in the playoffs. Didn't you see Spurs/Heat this year? Neither team ever trash talked or disrespected each other, yet we saw the most competitive and entertaining Finals in a decade. That "buddy buddy shit" is called mutual respect and admiration for talent and skill, something Kobe never quite learned. He always had to be the center of attention and "The Man", he always had to prove to everyone SOMETHING. That just screams childhood insecurity and self esteem issues. If you actually read and research what Shaq and Kobe' Laker teammates have to say about how he behaved during those years you would actually realize why he is in his current position. Kobe was always a distant loner that didn't like being "buddy buddy". There is nothing wrong communicating and socializing with your fellow ballers, you don't have to be a dick like Jordan to everyone to be considered a great player. That's what Kobe never understood, in his mind he has to emulate EVERYTHING about Jordan, even down to the dickhead attitude and personality.

Doctor Rivers
06-28-2013, 08:45 AM
haha. u mad.

we're all mad

Doctor Rivers
06-28-2013, 08:53 AM
It's time for you to come out of the dark ages and accept the fact that colleagues don't have to be enemies to compete fiercely in the playoffs. Didn't you see Spurs/Heat this year? Neither team ever trash talked or disrespected each other, yet we saw the most competitive and entertaining Finals in a decade. That "buddy buddy shit" is called mutual respect and admiration for talent and skill, something Kobe never quite learned. He always had to be the center of attention and "The Man", he always had to prove to everyone SOMETHING. That just screams childhood insecurity and self esteem issues. If you actually read and research what Shaq and Kobe' Laker teammates have to say about how he behaved during those years you would actually realize why he is in his current position. Kobe was always a distant loner that didn't like being "buddy buddy". There is nothing wrong communicating and socializing with your fellow ballers, you don't have to be a dick like Jordan to everyone to be considered a great player. That's what Kobe never understood, in his mind he has to emulate EVERYTHING about Jordan, even down to the dickhead attitude and personality.

Ultimately both ways worked. Kobe's approach got him five rings and LeBron has two and counting.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-28-2013, 08:55 AM

crisoner
06-28-2013, 08:55 AM

What you fail to realize is that NBA is just an emotionless organization, when an owner trades a franchise player that stayed loyal to his team through the bad and the good, no one says anything. Pierce just got dumped after 15 years of service. It's just business. But when a player decides to make his own decisions in FREE AGENCY it's suddenly a crime against humanity and ultimate treachery. What exactly is wrong with giving yourself the best chance to win? Isn't that what Kobe was after when he demanded a trade when Lakers weren't contending? Oh wait let me guess that's different. :oldlol:

All these millionaire athletes already "made it", they couldn't give two shits about what the average fan considers honorable or "the right way" when it's just a bunch of men bouncing a ball around a court for our entertainment. If you want to win, you take it into your hands not sit on your ass while a front office that may be mentally challenged is making all the wrong moves or no moves at all.

I respect what you wrote...maybe there is hope after all...

But Kobe wanting to leave his situation compared to LeBrons in Cleveland's were his team ha the best record in the regular season two straight years????? And the manner in which he left and the destination he choose.....all suspect.

I know everything about Kobe as a rookie coming up in LA. He was a 17 year old kid of course he could not relate with the older men that all of a sudden became his peers.

Not a fan of this LeBron super friend BS. It reflects on the generation and started a bad trend.

Graviton
06-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Ultimately both ways worked. Kobe's approach got him five rings and LeBron has two and counting.
Kobe's "approach" got him 2 rings, getting carried by Shaq doesn't give him credit.

But he won't find a humble Beta Gasoft gimp like Pau again that could help him get a ring, that Spaniard could take a plowing like no other pornstar. Kobe mentally mindraped the poor guy and he still stayed with the Lakers, Gasoft even went all Odom mode when his girlfriend supposedly cheated on him and still played well somehow. :oldlol:

crisoner
06-28-2013, 08:57 AM
And your pu$$y a$$ joined these boards in 2011....
How convenient.

Doctor Rivers
06-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Kobe's "approach" got him 2 rings, getting carried by Shaq doesn't give him credit.

But he won't find a humble Beta Gasoft gimp like Pau again that could help him get a ring, that Spaniard could take a plowing like no other pornstar. Kobe mentally mindraped the poor guy and he still stayed with the Lakers, Gasoft even went all Odom mode when his girlfriend supposedly cheated on him and still played well somehow. :oldlol:

you are so coool

crisoner
06-28-2013, 08:59 AM

Another typical agenda response. I bet you were three during the Shaq Kobe days because its obvious you don't know sh.t.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-28-2013, 09:00 AM
And your pu$$y a$$ joined these boards in 2011....
How convenient.

and I joined the official Heat forums in 2005.

Got anything else to say? didn't think so

3LiftHeatCurse
06-28-2013, 09:00 AM

You are becoming my new favorite poster :bowdown:

Graviton droppin' truth bombs

fiddy
06-28-2013, 09:04 AM
You are becoming my new favorite poster :bowdown:

Graviton droppin' truth bombs
garbage attracts more garbage.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-28-2013, 09:06 AM

Kobe-stan is upset nobody wants to play with his god

Graviton
06-28-2013, 09:07 AM
I respect what you wrote...maybe there is hope after all...

But Kobe wanting to leave his situation compared to LeBrons in Cleveland's were his team ha the best record in the regular season two straight years????? And the manner in which he left and the destination he choose.....all suspect.

I know everything about Kobe as a rookie coming up in LA. He was a 17 year old kid of course he could not relate with the older men that all of a sudden became his peers.

Not a fan of this LeBron super friend BS. It reflects on the generation and started a bad trend.
League changed, these young stars realized it's not some important contest with enemies like Boston/Celtics of 80s or Jordan Bulls in 90s. It's just a game in the end and if you wanna win may as well win with your buddies. Haven't you noticed how much fun they all have in Olympics? Even Kobe loves it.

Now the Heat actually showed selflessness and sacrifice, they took less money, Lebron is due 17 million, and so is Bosh even though he is worth at best 12-14. Wade is making less than both of them. Now compare that to scumbag Harden that wouldn't take couple million less to stay and WIN in an amazing team, even though Westbrook took less money and is only getting like 13 million a year, which is a joke considering that's how much Deng and crapload of other scrubs make. That shows you who WANTS it for real, Lebron/Wade/Bosh WANTED it and in the playoffs you saw them fight tooth and nail for their championships, it wasn't easy for them by any stretch. Hell they were 30 seconds away from failure this year, even by teaming up they didn't really go through easy series at all.

Miami right now isn't really much different from any other top team, Wade is your typical 20PPG second option that's injured half the time and inconsistent as hell, Bosh is your typical big man that is playing out of position and again inconsistent. The team is that good mainly thanks to Lebron. Their "stackness" is blown way our of proportion, they wouldn't be going to 7 games against such teams if they were that good. OKC with Harden woulda been much better. :(

crisoner
06-28-2013, 09:11 AM

and I joined the official Heat forums in 2005.

Got anything else to say? didn't think so

Yeah...go crawl back in to LeBrons stank pu$$y you fake f*ck.
You and the whole entire generation. In 2005 you was being probably 5 years away of being the accident your Daddy suffered from not pulling out fast enough. Gah damn embreed half witted retard.

cos88
06-28-2013, 09:15 AM

is that the motto of your 3rd world country? the only garbage is you in this thread.

go *** yourself, you mom is probably in the usa sucking cocks for 5 $ while you post in your village waiting for her to deliver you some american shoes so you can play somekind of a sport other than jerking. hell probably sucked my **** if she was in vegas this year :facepalm

crisoner
06-28-2013, 09:16 AM
League changed, these young stars realized it's not some important contest with enemies like Boston/Celtics of 80s or Jordan Bulls in 90s. It's just a game in the end and if you wanna win may as well win with your buddies. Haven't you noticed how much fun they all have in Olympics? Even Kobe loves it.

Now the Heat actually showed selflessness and sacrifice, they took less money, Lebron is due 17 million, and so is Bosh even though he is worth at best 12-14. Wade is making less than both of them. Now compare that to scumbag Harden that wouldn't take couple million less to stay and WIN in an amazing team, even though Westbrook took less money and is only getting like 13 million a year, which is a joke considering that's how much Deng and crapload of other scrubs make. That shows you who WANTS it for real, Lebron/Wade/Bosh WANTED it and in the playoffs you saw them fight tooth and nail for their championships, it wasn't easy for them by any stretch. Hell they were 30 seconds away from failure this year, even by teaming up they didn't really go through easy series at all.

Miami right now isn't really much different from any other top team, Wade is your typical 20PPG second option that's injured half the time and inconsistent as hell, Bosh is your typical big man that is playing out of position and again inconsistent. The team is that good mainly thanks to Lebron. Their "stackness" is blown way our of proportion, they wouldn't be going to 7 games against such teams if they were that good. OKC with Harden woulda been much better. :(

Great write up bro respect what you wrote.

Very true when you put it in to that perspective.

All I'm saying though is the Kobe way did work. You just have the right egos in line. Or maybe a coach who could keep everything in check like Phil who coaches people in to roles.

Bit honestly I liked the 80's best. It just brings better comp when teams don't like each other. Just watching the bad boy Pistons vs Jordan's Bulls or Celts and Lakers....just better overall comp IMO.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Yeah...go crawl back in to LeBrons stank pu$$y you fake f*ck.
You and the whole entire generation. In 2005 you was being probably 5 years away of being the accident your Daddy suffered from not pulling out fast enough. Gah damn embreed half witted retard.

You call me fake? this is my profile on the nba.com official heat forums

http://fans.heat.nba.com/community/index.php?/user/9527-3liftheatcurse/

http://oi43.tinypic.com/9zr3hv.jpg

OWNED BITCH :roll: :roll: :roll:

Been a Heat fan longer than you know how to wipe your butt :roll:

crisoner
06-28-2013, 09:23 AM
You call me fake? this is my profile on the nba.com official heat forums

http://oi43.tinypic.com/9zr3hv.jpg

http://fans.heat.nba.com/community/index.php?/user/9527-3liftheatcurse/

OWNED BITCH :roll: :roll: :roll:

Been a Heat fan longer than you know how to wipe your butt :roll:

FAKE

Graviton

All I'm saying though is the Kobe way did work. You just have the right egos in line. Or maybe a coach who could keep everything in check like Phil who coaches people in to roles.
Yea, I wasn't really bashing Kobe, just stating the fact that right now it's all different with divas like Howard and other scumbags like Harden, Paul Williams, Wade and some others. They all want to do their own thing and play ball on the side, not compete and deal with egos on the court like men.

Howard wants to keep making babies with different women while being liked by everyone in NBA and smiling all day like a retard.

Harden wants to party all night with strippers and make it rain, no time for championships.

Williams is a crybaby bitch that thinks shit gotta fall on him. Paul is the same and bitch and moans when things don't go his way, same with Wade, just add dressing like a woman to his list.

Right now, only people that I can see in their eyes are willing to work hard and compete with all their strength for a ring are Westbrook, Duncan, Dirk, Durant, Lebron and Kobe. Rest of the "stars" seem to be distracted.

But in Kobe's case he can't find a partner that will match up with his personality, or a good enough coach. Lebron/Durant though are focused and in the perfect situation.

3LiftHeatCurse

Bit honestly I liked the 80's best. It just brings better comp when teams don't like each other. Just watching the bad boy Pistons vs Jordan's Bulls or Celts and Lakers....just better overall comp IMO.

Don't bring Phil Jackson's name into this. He hated Kobe.

PHIL JACKSON -

“Earlier this week at El Segundo there was an incident at practice. On the way to the court, I asked Kobe, still nursing a sore shoulder, if he was up to doing a little running. Sure, he responded, as soon as he finished his treatment. Almost an hour went by, and there was no Kobe sighting. Finally, with an ice pack on his shoulder, he took a seat on the sideline. It began to dawn on me that contrary to what he had told me, Kobe had no intention of running. After practice I followed Kobe to the training room, asking him why he lied to me. He was being sarcastic, he said. Wrong answer. I told him that he needed to treat me with respect, not sarcasm. I turned and walked away, heading to the coaches’ locker room. A minute later I heard him cursing in the training room in front of the players, though I couldn’t make out the exact words….Now I was the one who was angry. I went upstairs to see Mitch in his office. Wasting no time, I went off on a tirade about the need to deal Kobe before the trading deadline in mid-February. “I won’t coach this team next year if he is still here,” I said emphatically. “He won’t listen to anyone. I’ve had it with this kid.” My monologue-Mitch barely said a word at first-reminded me of similar eruption in the middle of my first year when I presented what I thought was a very logical argument for trading Kobe at that time. “Everyone says what a mature person this kid is,” I said. “He’s not mature at all.” The deal I had in mind was Kobe to Phoenix for Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion.”

HoopsFanNumero1
06-28-2013, 09:24 AM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

crisoner
06-28-2013, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE=3LiftHeatCurse]Don't bring Phil Jackson's name into this. He hated Kobe.

PHIL JACKSON -

3LiftHeatCurse
06-28-2013, 09:27 AM
That's why he came back to coach him to 2 more titles and still might come back again??

they paid him $10 mil a year to come back and "fix things" with kobe.

That why he came back :roll:

Nash
06-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Whenever I hear stuff like this about Kobe I always think about Gasol. Poor Pau who's like Kobe's punching bag. How many times has Kobe shit on him publicly?

crisoner
06-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Yea, I wasn't really bashing Kobe, just stating the fact that right now it's all different with divas like Howard and other scumbags like Harden, Paul Williams, Wade and some others. They all want to do their own thing and play ball on the side, not compete and deal with egos on the court like men.

Howard wants to keep making babies with different women while being liked by everyone in NBA and smiling all day like a retard

Harden wants to party all night with strippers and make it rain, no time for championships.

Williams is a crybaby bitch that thinks shit gotta fall on him. Paul is the same and bitch and moans when things don't go his way, same with Wade, just add dressing like a woman to his list.

Right now, only people that I can see in their eyes are willing to work hard and compete with all their strength for a ring are Westbrook, Duncan, Dirk, Durant, Lebron and Kobe. Rest of the "stars" seem to be distracted.

But in Kobe's case he can't find a partner that will match up with his personality, or a good enough coach. Lebron/Durant though are focused and in the perfect situation.

Remember Shaq was in that distracted crowd before. Hopefully some of those players grow up like Shaq did. Howard as well...would be good for the league. Kobe now is older and wiser. And maybe will learn a whole lot from last years experience. I think him and Howarf have a new found respect for each other despite what the press is saying.

crisoner
06-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Whenever I hear stuff like this about Kobe I always think about Gasol. Poor Pau who's like Kobe's punching bag. How many times has Kobe shit on him publicly?

Please explain. Kobe has done nothing but support Gasol even saying he is a Laker as long as I am.
They have two titles together...again please explain because like most agenda folks you are talking out of your a$$.

Graviton
06-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Please explain. Kobe has done nothing but support Gasol even saying he is a Laker as long as I am.
They have two titles together...again please explain because like most agenda folks you are talking out of your a$$.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8704495/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-calls-pau-gasol-loss

Also I remember him telling Gasol "I want you to be the black swan, not the white swan" when that movie came out, basically referring to Pau as soft and wanting him to play tougher. It's Kobe's way of motivating his teammates usually, but most of the time it comes off as a douche comment and hurts poor Pau's feeling probably. He is a gentle lama after all. :oldlol:

OhNoTimNoSho
06-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Nothing new here, I always knew that he is the worst teammate ever, and that team barely misses him when his injured because no one likes to play with him.

Middle 3 years

Gasol years

If you're really using those stats to judge Kobe then you are an idiot

Knoe Itawl
06-28-2013, 10:01 AM
This was blatantly obvious to anyone that's not an idiot fanboy. Kobe's game and personality just doesn't translate into people wanting to play with him. How many times have we heard this from people he's played with? Shaq, Malone, Bynum, Dwight, Phil (who skewered him but came back for the money. You KNOW deep down Phil doesn't like Kobe). There have been other lesser players, both on his team and off that have talked about what an ass he is. Andrew Bogut:

[B]"There's no one I really hate, but Kobe [Bryant] had a demeanor of being very cocky," he said. "What happened with Shaq. . . . If I had a chance to play with Shaq or Tim, if they told me to buy them groceries, I don't care, I buy them groceries. It's a gift to play with somebody like that. Kobe is probably one of the guys that, everybody knows it, he's got that cocky arrogance to him, everything has to surround around him the whole time. Otherwise, he doesn't function. That's the biggest example.

havoc33
06-28-2013, 10:04 AM
Why are some people in here only referring to the old stories about Kobe in regards to his relationship with Phil Jackson? We all know Kobe could be a knucklehead when he was younger, but to say he is the same person and teammate today is simply not true. But hey, don't take it from me, take it from a person who should know better than anyone in regards to this topic; Phil Jackson.

[quote]Jackson took an extra step during the height of the Bryant-Shaquille O

oh the horror
06-28-2013, 10:11 AM
So did they poll every player in the league?

Not sure how this isn't speculation.

Magic 32
06-28-2013, 10:34 AM
but now with Superteams you need to recruit and try to get along with other big ego stars. Kobe failed to do that with Howard

Lebron forced Wade and Bosh into secondary roles. And it wasn't even his team to begin with. At least Kobe is open about his intentions.

2010splash
06-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Kobe has driven out of LA the two most dominant centers of their era. This guy simply doesn't understand how fortunate he's had it. He's had three different superteams throughout his career with Shaq, Gasol/Odom/Bynum, and now Nash/Gasol/Howard.

His cancerous ways have cost him several titles. What a shame.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Kobe has driven out of LA the two most dominant centers of their era. This guy simply doesn't understand how fortunate he's had it. He's had three different superteams throughout his career with Shaq, Gasol/Odom/Bynum, and now Nash/Gasol/Howard.

His cancerous ways have cost him several titles. What a shame.

2004 proved that Kobe doesn't want titles if it means he has to share glory as part of a "team". It's either Kobe is the Finals MVP alpha dog, or no titles. That's how much of a crappy teammate he is.

Imagine the true greats like Kareem, Bird, or Magic behaving like that. Magic running people out of town because he can't get the Finals mvp?

Magic 32
06-28-2013, 10:50 AM
2004 proved that Kobe doesn't want titles if it means he has to share glory as part of a "team". It's either Kobe is the Finals MVP alpha dog, or no titles. That's how much of a crappy teammate he is.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2011/06/14/Sports/Images/APTOPIX_NBA_Finals_Mavericks_Heat_Basketball_04302 .jpg

Magic 32
06-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Kobe's just always struck me as this really insecure, petty guy.

Watch some Inside the NBA with Shaq.

He comes across really as sociopathic in all honesty. That would certainly explain his seeming inablity to self reflect and adjust his manner to more suit getting along with others.

http://www.theguruofyou.com/videolibrary/58-sports_highlights/203-michael_jordan/4255-michael_jordans_relationship_with_his_teammates_es pn/

oh the horror
06-28-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm sorry but the whole "Kobe drove Shaq out of LA" shit is an absolute BS story.

Both had a role to play in that nonsense. To act like Shaquille O'Neal isn't a pain in the ass is utterly ridiculous :oldlol:

Shaq has burned more bridges than most. So just stop that BS

andgar923
06-28-2013, 10:57 AM
Both sides are spitting some truth.

Anti Kobeites aren't spewing hatred that doesn't have any validity.
Kobeites are stating some shit that makes sense and isn't coming from a blind homer.

But

Players don't like playing with Kobe, plain and simple. Some may have taken a gamble, but ultimately dislike playing with him for the most part, even if they do get along off the court. It's a sacrifice that some players are willing to make while some aren't.

Unless some of you have selective memories, Kobe has always been disliked around the league since he came in by other players. Players began to dislike him even more in the 00s. They made backhanded compliments and resented him playing with Shaq.

To some, this whole 'Alpha' dog shit and 'win at every cost' seems forced. Which is why his teammates don't always respond to him and his form of 'leadership'.

andgar923
06-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Why are some people in here only referring to the old stories about Kobe in regards to his relationship with Phil Jackson? We all know Kobe could be a knucklehead when he was younger, but to say he is the same person and teammate today is simply not true. But hey, don't take it from me, take it from a person who should know better than anyone in regards to this topic; Phil Jackson.

I couldn't find the quote, but Jackson recently said in another interview that the relationship he now has with Kobe is the closest player-coach relationship he ever had. It's a pity people can't appreciate greatness when it's right in front of their eyes. Too much bickering back and forth about who's the greatest and so forth.. Let's appreciate the game and all of its players.

In all honesty, almost anything positive regarding Kobe coming out of Phil's mouth needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

That's basically common knowledge.

Knoe Itawl
06-28-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm sorry but the whole "Kobe drove Shaq out of LA" shit is an absolute BS story.

Both had a role to play in that nonsense. To act like Shaquille O'Neal isn't a pain in the ass is utterly ridiculous :oldlol:

It's not really about whether or not both had fault in the issue. It's about:

A. Even if Shaq did have some fault in their fractured relationship, Bryant's ego is ultimately what drove the biggest wedge because he was unhappy being sidekick (which he should have accepted because he just wasnt' as good as him). Additionally, don't forget about him bringing up Shaq's name to the police when he had NOTHING to do with his problems. How would YOU like your co-worker to do the same to YOU? Bet you wouldn't be happy about it, and I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that it may serve to cause problems for your relationship.

B. Where there's smoke there's fire. If it was JUST his issues with Shaq, you could chalk it up to it just being a relationship that didn't work out. But there's been a string of teammates that have had these problems with him. The funny thing about you Kobe apologists is that if it were the same circumstances with any other person you would say "Gee, it doesn't look good when so many people have had major issues with them." Because it's Kobe you choose to make excuses and spin and what not.

Chrono90
06-28-2013, 11:04 AM
At the end of the day, he has 5 chips. It's easy to mock him and praise Lebron cause Lebron just won. But Kobe never went to the Suns back in the days to join prime Nash and get prime KG to create a super team like Lebron. He also has 5 championships doing things his way. Whether Lebron can get 3 more is a question mark.

tpols
06-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Both sides are spitting some truth.

Anti Kobeites aren't spewing hatred that doesn't have any validity.
Kobeites are stating some shit that makes sense and isn't coming from a blind homer.

But

Players don't like playing with Kobe, plain and simple. Some may have taken a gamble, but ultimately dislike playing with him for the most part, even if they do get along off the court. It's a sacrifice that some players are willing to make while some aren't.

Unless some of you have selective memories, Kobe has always been disliked around the league since he came in by other players. Players began to dislike him even more in the 00s. They made backhanded compliments and resented him playing with Shaq.

To some, this whole 'Alpha' dog shit and 'win at every cost' seems forced. Which is why his teammates don't always respond to him and his form of 'leadership'.
Nice preface homie you almost had everyone fooled

sportjames23
06-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Damn, what is this, the Summer of Shit on Kobe?

chazzy
06-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Kobe haters reaching hard enough to side with Dwight to hate on Kobe? And I like the excuse that only Pau liked him because he's a beta and can accept it. But when Kobe insinuates Pau needs to play more alpha, you little nerds flip your shit :oldlol:

andgar923
06-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Kobe is 'aloof' and has always been a loner. Now that doesn't mean shit really but it doesn't gain points with his teammates.

There's tons of stories about Kobe being selfish, being arrogant, dismissive that simply didn't go well with those around him.

Now, there's been other players like that, but not to the same degree (or it appears so).

There was a time Magic said he'd try to reach out to Shaq and Kobe, but Shaq was the only one willing to listen. Magic has stated that he spent years before talking to Kobe. How the fu*ck do you not chat with Magic?

I remember JR Ryder saying he approached Kobe for tips on the triangle when Kobe brushed him aside and told him to learn it on his own. :biggums:

His teammates don't respond to him on the court because he isn't consistent at doing the dirty work, yet wants the all the glory. Have any of you seen him play?

When he goes on KoME mode that's all he does 90% of the time, he won't even play defense or attempt to run the offense. He'll just stand there on the perimeter and demand the ball.

There's other examples of course, many that we don't even know about.

But wait until his career is over when it will all come out.

scm5
06-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Are you shitting me?

Kobe, a 5 time NBA Champion, the only star player the in the league that has been able to repeat twice, with two teams with entirely different compositions, is now a cancer?!

Yes, he might drive away the likes of Dwight who just want to have fun and isn't entirely dedicated to winning a championship. You don't see Nash or Pau heading for the door. They know what's up.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-28-2013, 11:12 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1089667/kobe-gets-blocked-by-lebron-o.gif
Kobe is a bitch

andgar923
06-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Nice preface homie you almost had everyone fooled

So which part is wrong?

I know you're a Kobe stan but deep down you know what most of what people are saying has some validity or is downright the truth.

It would be nice if some of you actually admitted this shit and just kept it moving.

tpols
06-28-2013, 11:16 AM
Are you shitting me?

Kobe, a 5 time NBA Champion, the only star player the in the league that has been able to repeat twice, with two teams with entirely different compositions, is now a cancer?!

Yes, he might drive away the likes of Dwight who just want to have fun and isn't entirely dedicated to winning a championship. You don't see Nash or Pau heading for the door. They know what's up.

A defensive minded scrappy team that is thirsty for offense would love to get kobe Bryant. A team full of primadonnas in a shitty coach's exclusively offensive dominated system not so much

scm5
06-28-2013, 11:19 AM
At the end of the day, he has 5 chips. It's easy to mock him and praise Lebron cause Lebron just won. But Kobe never went to the Suns back in the days to join prime Nash and get prime KG to create a super team like Lebron. He also has 5 championships doing things his way. Whether Lebron can get 3 more is a question mark.

That's the thing, Kobe drove Shaq out of LA AND still won two more championships without him.

That to me is a proven winner. He didn't go join two other superstars to form a superteam to win it.

branslowski
06-28-2013, 11:20 AM

That's wat the Kobe haters do. Laker fans knows it went both ways.

:oldlol: Kobe haters brings lols.

I'm reading sh!t like "Kobe don't know how to pass"...how he avg 6ast then?....."you can't win with a player like Kobe" ...why he got 5 titles then?...."Shaq carried him"...well for one you ain't watch the WC playoff run obviously, 2, can u explain the 2 without Shaq?...."um, um, Gasol carried him"...Kobe avg 32-5-7 and then 28-8-4 vs good defensive team, notsureifserious...

I just ignore these morons..

chazzy
06-28-2013, 11:21 AM
And I like this myth that Kobe hamstrung the offense by taking playmaking duties from broken leg Nash and not posting up a recovering Dwight enough, even though the offense was great most of the year

tpols
06-28-2013, 11:22 AM
So which part is wrong?

I know you're a Kobe stan but deep down you know what most of what people are saying has some validity or is downright the truth.

It would be nice if some of you actually admitted this shit and just kept it moving.
You're the biggest Jordan biter and new generation hater on this site.. :oldlol:

Kobe has gotten along with teammates just fine at many points in his career. There have been already posted quotes and examples of this. In 08 kobe put defense at more of a premium after having the scoring burden lifted from the previous few years. He did the dirty work and his teammates all responded and played great for a 3-4 year stretch that led to championships.

This past year and in the twilight of those championships? Yea he has declined but held onto the same mentality.. Which has made him harder to play with. You're trying to paint that across his whole career though.

LOL at you trying to come off as unbiased. You're one of the most biased bitter haters in here

Chrono90
06-28-2013, 11:25 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1089667/kobe-gets-blocked-by-lebron-o.gif
Kobe is a bitch

BTW Kobe's team won that game by one on a Kobe shot at the end of the game. Kobe also scored 2 clutch buckets on Lebron in the last minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL2buzovxnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-VaAqPqmY

branslowski
06-28-2013, 11:29 AM
And I like this myth that Kobe hamstrung the offense by taking playmaking duties from broken leg Nash and not posting up a recovering Dwight enough, even though the offense was great most of the year

Our offence was great all year untill Kobe got hurt....We had Dwight, Gasol and Nash in game 1 vs the Spurs...we scored 79pts total..guess Kobe was holding Lakers offence back while hurt too...lol

branslowski
06-28-2013, 11:30 AM
BTW Kobe's team won that game by one on a Kobe shot at the end of the game. Kobe also scored 2 clutch buckets on Lebron in the last minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL2buzovxnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X-VaAqPqmY

This is a Kobe hate thread, get ur facts and proof out of here. :oldlol:

Ne 1
06-28-2013, 11:30 AM

Kobe did not run Shaq out of town. That's an unsubstantiated rumor and it's been proven to be false. Jerry Buss said that the they would do anything to resign Kobe, and that bruised Shaq's ego.

Shaq was 32 years old, going into his 13th year, he showed up to training camp overweight and out of shape and he demanded a max contract extension and he cursed out and publicly called out Jerry Buss during an exhibition game. After the Lakers lost to the Pistons in the Finals, Shaq publicly demanded to be traded because Buss wasn't going to give him maximum money. The Lakers decided to deal him. Kobe actually had already decided to sign with the Clippers, but Buss made a last-ditch effort to Bryant because he knew how disasterous it would be from a public relations standpoint for the Lakers to lose both of their star players in one off-season. Bryant has admitted he talked to Jerry West and West advised him to stay with the Lakers. Buss and Kupchak convinced him they'd rebuild the franchise and bring in top talent. So, he re-signed with the Lakers.

Saying Kobe ran Shaq out of L.A. is the easy scenario that people like to latch on to, but it's pretty far from the actual truth. Also, Shaq didn't "gift" him anything. Without Kobe, he wouldn't have won those 3 rings. In fact it wasn't until Kobe developed into one of the league's premier players that he finally won that elusive ring despite playing with prime Penny Hardaway and then an All-Star back court of Eddie Jones/Nick Van Exel.

havoc33
06-28-2013, 11:32 AM
In all honesty, almost anything positive regarding Kobe coming out of Phil's mouth needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

That's basically common knowledge.True. That still doesn't change that Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm and Mark Madsen have all gone on record stating how they loved playing with Kobe, and how he actually helped them along developing their game and career. Caron, Odom and Kobe remain close friends to this day. Now who are are the other ex-teammates of Kobe that have really bashed him? Shaq (equally to blame for the drama), Smush and Isiah Rider (two of the most erratic and stupid players of all time). People also totally disregard that most of Kobe's teammates from 05 and onward either posted career numbers or had some of their most successful years playing alongside him.

I'm certainly not saying Kobe is an easy teammate, cause he's not, but for some people here to try to discredit one of the most successful NBA players of alltime is just a disgrace. It's funny how people will sing the praises about Bird, then go completely silent when Bird goes on to state how great a player Kobe is, and that he prefers his mentality over Lebron's. It's like there's no ****ing middle ground when it comes to Kobe, either he's god or he's a zero, and it's irritating as hell. Fact is, Kobe is a top 10 player of all time, a proven winner and one of the most talented players to ever lace them up. Now if people wanna hate on that, be my guest.

I for one wouldn't mind to get cussed out if it meant at the end of the day I would have played together with one of the alltime greats in 7 NBA Finals, and won 5 of them.

dh144498
06-28-2013, 11:34 AM
wow there are so many morons in this thread. :oldlol:

tpols
06-28-2013, 11:35 AM
True. That still doesn't change that Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm and Mark Madsen have all gone on record stating how they loved playing with Kobe, and how he actually helped them along developing their game and career. Caron, Odom and Kobe remain close friends to this day. Now who are are the other ex-teammates of Kobe that have really bashed him? Shaq (equally to blame for the drama), Smush and Isiah Rider (two of the most erratic and stupid players of all time). People also totally disregard that most of Kobe's teammates from 05 and onward either posted career numbers or had some of their most successful years playing alongside him.

I'm certainly not saying Kobe is an easy teammate, cause he's not, but for some people here to try to discredit one of the most successful NBA players of alltime is just a disgrace. It's funny how people will sing the praises about Bird, then go completely silent when Bird goes on to state how great a player Kobe is, and that he prefers his mentality over Lebron's. It's like there's no ****ing middle ground when it comes to Kobe, either he's god or he's a zero, and it's irritating as hell. Fact is, Kobe is a top 10 player of all time, a proven winner and one of the most talented players to ever lace them up. Now if people wanna hate on that, be my guest.

I for one wouldn't mind to get cussed out if it meant at the end of the day I would have played together with one of the alltime greats in 7 NBA Finals, and won 5 of them.
Great post. It really is all or nothing. Hilarious to see what andgar middle ground is. Imagine what he'd write if he was not trying to sound unbiased? Holy shit:oldlol:

Chrono90
06-28-2013, 11:36 AM
This is a Kobe hate thread, get ur facts and proof out of here. :oldlol:

Yesssss i can seeee lol

Just trying to show you guys by video instead

havoc33
06-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Kobe did not run Shaq out of town. That's an unsubstantiated rumor and it's been proven to be false. Jerry Buss said that the they would do anything to resign Kobe, and that bruised Shaq's ego.

Shaq was 32 years old, going into his 13th year, he showed up to training camp overweight and out of shape and he demanded a max contract extension and he cursed out and publicly called out Jerry Buss during an exhibition game. After the Lakers lost to the Pistons in the Finals, Shaq publicly demanded to be traded because Buss wasn't going to give him maximum money. The Lakers decided to deal him. Kobe actually had already decided to sign with the Clippers, but Buss made a last-ditch effort to Bryant because he knew how disasterous it would be from a public relations standpoint for the Lakers to lose both of their star players in one off-season. Bryant has admitted he talked to Jerry West and West advised him to stay with the Lakers. Buss and Kupchak convinced him they'd rebuild the franchise and bring in top talent. So, he re-signed with the Lakers.

Saying Kobe ran Shaq out of L.A. is the easy scenario that people like to latch on to, but it's pretty far from the actual truth. Also, Shaq didn't "gift" him anything. Without Kobe, he wouldn't have won those 3 rings. In fact it wasn't until Kobe developed into one of the league's premier players that he finally won that elusive ring despite playing with prime Penny Hardaway and then an All-Star back court of Eddie Jones/Nick Van Exel.
STOP. The truth might actually be too scary for certain people in here. You know they won't listen anyway. :oldlol:

I also loved how Shaq openly refused to play defense if he didn't get the ball enough on offense. Yeah, that's a real professional right there. :oldlol: No wonder Tex Winter couldn't stand the guy. :rolleyes:

Magic 32
06-28-2013, 11:38 AM
don't forget about him bringing up Shaq's name to the police when he had NOTHING to do with his problems. How would YOU like your co-worker to do the same to YOU? Bet you wouldn't be happy about it, and I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that it may serve to cause problems for your relationship.

If Shaq was my co-worker, I would out him in a second. The man had acted like a ungrateful bully towards Kobe for 4 years.

But there's been a string of teammates that have had these problems with him.

Who?

Chucky Atkins? Smush Parker? aaaand?

Doctor Rivers
06-28-2013, 11:38 AM
this is pretty inaccurate

fixed

SavageMode
06-28-2013, 11:45 AM
As expected, thread pulls in all the Kobe ******gers into broad display.

Who do we believe, a bunch of kobe stan randoms from ISH? Or proof that no one wants to play with a 1-legged ball and glory hog at the tail end of his career and NBA players themselves that blatantly aren't signing with Lakers.

If Caron Butler was one of Kobe's BFFs, then why is he on the Clippers rather than the Lakers.

Dwight's leaving because of these ungrateful Kobetards and because Kobe just is a sociopathic ballhog, who turned Nash into a spot up shooter.

dh144498
06-28-2013, 11:54 AM
poor Kobe. Gifting rings left and right and people are still so unappreciative.

Heavincent
06-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Winning championships must suck.

sic
06-28-2013, 11:57 AM
is there any game he has taken responsibility of his bad play. It has always been blaming odom, gasol and others.

secund2nun
06-28-2013, 11:59 AM

Middle 3 years

Gasol years

Just another stat that proves how overrated Kobe is. The bottom line is that prime Kobe could not even win a playoff series in 3 years without the best front court in the NBA and he had prime Odom . That is the truth and nothing can ever change that.

Kobe= most overrated ever. Gasol= 2010 finals MVP

dh144498
06-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Just another stat that proves how overrated Kobe is. The bottom line is that prime Kobe could not even win a playoff series in 3 years without the best front court in the NBA and he had prime Odom . That is the truth and nothing can ever change that.

can't be a stat if it's made up.

I<3NBA
06-28-2013, 12:07 PM
who wants to play with a cripple? :confusedshrug:

kobeef24
06-28-2013, 12:09 PM
True. That still doesn't change that Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm and Mark Madsen have all gone on record stating how they loved playing with Kobe, and how he actually helped them along developing their game and career. Caron, Odom and Kobe remain close friends to this day. Now who are are the other ex-teammates of Kobe that have really bashed him? Shaq (equally to blame for the drama), Smush and Isiah Rider (two of the most erratic and stupid players of all time). People also totally disregard that most of Kobe's teammates from 05 and onward either posted career numbers or had some of their most successful years playing alongside him.

Finally someone with some sense. I honestly don't get why some people can't just respect his game. They go to such lengths to discredit his achievements. I'm pretty sure the majority of these people don't even watch him play and just stare at stat sheets and read the meaningless crap people post on these forums sometimes.

dh144498
06-28-2013, 12:15 PM

:applause:

Darius
06-28-2013, 12:17 PM

Good post.

Bottom line is "Kobe's Way" has worked (with the right personnel) and "LBJ's Way" has worked too (with the right personnel).

However, in a league full of huge egos and primadonnas, there are going to be a lot more of the "right" personnel for LBJ's way.

Doesn't matter anyways now, Kobe's day has passed. He will be 36 coming off a torn Achilles.

lakeshow1
06-28-2013, 12:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSi2zWaF9vE

ESPN Los Angeles : June 27, 2013

Kobe "I eat first and second" Bryant

Right. Using Dwight Howard to judge Kobe is completely fair. Howard is consistent, knows who he is and generally what he wants out of life. :facepalm

Rasheed1
06-28-2013, 12:37 PM
If look at a team like Miami, and compare the team attitude with the Lakers?

You see a world of difference..

Lebron goes on & on about how he plays for his teammates. He says he loves to pass as much, if not more than he loves to score

Wade talks about giving up the top dog status to make room for lebron so they can win more titles

Bosh talks about simply doing his part and rebounding and letting other guys carry the scoring load, and when he gets to shine, he'll do it.

Also, the unselfish environment gives the coach the credibility to implement his scheme and have the lesser players (and the team as a whole) buy into it.

Spoelstra doesnt have the clout to pull that off if his team is full of egos and 'me first' guys... the attitude that Wade & Lebron & Bosh bring to the team provides the proper environment and sets the example for how things are going run... It gives the coach the credibility to implement his scheme and things begin to fall into place after that. Phil Jackson was a rare kind of coach who had the clout and could manage many egos and get them to play together... But not too many other coaches can succeed in an environment like the Lakers.

Kobe is the guy with the most clout in that organization right now, and he has to set the tone for the rest of the team...

saying "its my team" & "I eat first"... That type of attitude is not going to get it done..

maybe he could get with MDA and they can develop a plan going forward where they are always on the same page (like TD and pop). Make sure the other players on the team have a defined role and help them fill it....

guy
06-28-2013, 12:38 PM
I thought Kobe and Howard seemed to be playing fine together after the all-star break. Howard was 18/14 on 58%, which was basically his Orlando numbers.

Seriously, the dude that clearly would have a good reason for not wanting to play with Kobe is Steve Nash. I'm sure of it is just natural aging and declining, but I have a hard time thinking thats the only reason Steve Blake was looking like the better player at times.

lakeshow1
06-28-2013, 12:44 PM

Excellent post. I lived those years in LA and watched it all unfold and this is exactly how it happened.

All of this 16-24 year old revisionist history here that Kobe was carried to rings obviously fits an agenda with Jordan/Lebron stans but it only exists in the nerd bubble that is ISH. Regular people don't go to such inane ends to discredit players. Kobe is a 5 time champ in real world and gets much respect. Not without his own faults, but nothing like what most these idiots on this board spend their waking hours trying to have you believe.

Solid Snake
06-28-2013, 12:46 PM

So if a co-worker asked your wife out on a date (meanwhile you're cheating), you would have NO PROBLEMS with that co-worker? You'd say "man I'm mad, but oh well I'm cheating too so guess I can't be a hypocrite."

That's not how real life works you stupid piece of shit.

dh144498
06-28-2013, 12:51 PM
So if a co-worker asked your wife out on a date (meanwhile you're cheating), you would have NO PROBLEMS with that co-worker? You'd say "man I'm mad, but oh well I'm cheating too so guess I can't be a hypocrite."

That's not how real life works you stupid piece of shit.

:roll: :lol

daily
06-28-2013, 12:51 PM
I love that Kobe at nearly 35 year old and coming off a major injury still has that magic that drives his detractors nuts. :lol Still the biggest name and draw in the NBA

tmacattack33
06-28-2013, 12:59 PM
No sh*t.

I remember when he called out Pau Gasol in the media in the playoffs one time after Kobe himself had a terrible game. It was hilarious.

Heavincent
06-28-2013, 01:09 PM
lol bunch of idiots in this thread. Funny how Kobe detractors latch onto things that Smush ****ing Parker said about Kobe :oldlol: And who gives a shit what Howard thinks? He's the biggest locker room cancer and malcontent in the NBA.

Doctor Rivers
06-28-2013, 01:16 PM
saying "its my team" & "I eat first"... That type of attitude is not going to get it done..

and when did Kobe say this exactly?

Nashty
06-28-2013, 01:16 PM
can't be a stat if it's made up.

I proved that Kobe was never the MVP of the Lakers, and now in the lack of arguments you're saying that those are made up stats :roll:

KobesFinger
06-28-2013, 01:24 PM
I proved that Kobe was never the MVP of the Lakers, and now in the lack of arguments you're saying that those are made up stats :roll:

So do the 2006 Lakers without Kobe get higher than the 7 seed? Do they beat the Suns?

Brown
Odom
Walton
Vujacic
Parker

FOH

Doctor Rivers
06-28-2013, 01:28 PM
So do the 2006 Lakers without Kobe get higher than the 7 seed? Do they beat the Suns?

Brown
Odom
Walton
Vujacic
Parker

FOH

Yes #1 seed and championship guaranteed

Magic 32
06-28-2013, 01:29 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ygZSd.gif

Rasheed1
06-28-2013, 01:38 PM
and when did Kobe say this exactly?

[quote]Los Angeles - In answer to growing criticism that he's shooting too much, the Lakers' Kobe Bryant announced:

daily
06-28-2013, 01:41 PM
I proved that Kobe was never the MVP of the Lakers, and now in the lack of arguments you're saying that those are made up stats :roll:You're an absolute moron if you think those numbers prove anything.

Without context they are meaningless. Totally useless.

I'll add that besides the fact that the numbers are useless it's amazing you've decided to use numbers that only reflect a very small percentage of games to define a players entire career that's spanned 1,450+games over 17 years

daily
06-28-2013, 01:43 PM
and when did Kobe say this exactly?2010 :lol

dh144498
06-28-2013, 01:45 PM
dumb nashty. :roll:

using a sample size 1/10th of the juxtaposition for comparisons.

imnew09
06-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Source : "I Eat First" - Kobe's Rudeness Rocks Lakers
Feb 4, 2010

:bowdown: :bowdown:

ISH idiots never cease to amaze me

jstern
06-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Makes sense, when you consider how last season begin. All these new hall of famers and Kobe started shooting more than the previous season. So players might respect them, but so many of them will be worried that they won't get to shine.

KobesFinger
06-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Makes sense, when you consider how last season begin. All these new hall of famers and Kobe started shooting more than the previous season. So players might respect them, but so many of them will be worried that they won't get to shine.

Kobe FGA/g 2011-12 - 23.0

Kobe FGA/g 2012-13 - 20.4

huh?

dh144498
06-28-2013, 01:58 PM

huh?

omg Jstern just got ethered hard.

:lol :oldlol:

Rasheed1
06-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Source : "I Eat First" - Kobe's Rudeness Rocks Lakers
Feb 4, 2010

:bowdown: :bowdown:

ISH idiots never cease to amaze me

Stop it.. Just stop

You ignored his other statement that he made at the beginning of last season and you also ignore the fact that his attitude is the same as it was in 2010..

Nothing has changed so it doesnt matter if he said it in 2010. He is still the same selfish "me first" guy

that may have been OK while Phil was the coach, but it wont work now because there is no other person with enough clout to create a true team environment... Kobe's attitude is about kobe first... That wont work

Legends66NBA7
06-28-2013, 02:17 PM
So all this bickering in the thread and I just realized it's an ESPN video. Yeah, no agenda there. :rolleyes:

Who exactly is the guy who say he "talks to a lot of players/nobody wants to play with Kobe" ? Who are these players outside of Howard (great choice by the way :oldlol:) who don't want to play with Bryant ? I didn't here any names. So who is this guy and why should we care ?

Not saying some of it can't be true, but a lot of these statements I here seems more and more like blowing it out of proportion.

STATUTORY
06-28-2013, 02:30 PM
If look at a team like Miami, and compare the team attitude with the Lakers?

You see a world of difference..

Lebron goes on & on about how he plays for his teammates. He says he loves to pass as much, if not more than he loves to score

Wade talks about giving up the top dog status to make room for lebron so they can win more titles

Bosh talks about simply doing his part and rebounding and letting other guys carry the scoring load, and when he gets to shine, he'll do it.

Also, the unselfish environment gives the coach the credibility to implement his scheme and have the lesser players (and the team as a whole) buy into it.

Spoelstra doesnt have the clout to pull that off if his team is full of egos and 'me first' guys... the attitude that Wade & Lebron & Bosh bring to the team provides the proper environment and sets the example for how things are going run... It gives the coach the credibility to implement his scheme and things begin to fall into place after that. Phil Jackson was a rare kind of coach who had the clout and could manage many egos and get them to play together... But not too many other coaches can succeed in an environment like the Lakers.

Kobe is the guy with the most clout in that organization right now, and he has to set the tone for the rest of the team...

maybe he could get with MDA and they can develop a plan going forward where they are always on the same page (like TD and pop). Make sure the other players on the team have a defined role and help them fill it....

that's just all talk. Lebron is the most selfish and stat obsessed superstar this league has ever seen. YOu play on lebron's team, you can forget about ever getting to dribble the ball. He will hold the ball for 20+ seconds then either go for a layup/dunk or pass to u for a bail out shot. this way he gets a bucket or an assist, that's the antithesis of unselfish play.

People are so dumb that they conflate assist numbers with making your teammates better. Look at all the careers Lebron has ruined or guys he sent off to retirement, Larry Hughes, Mo williams, shaq, ziguaskis, bosh, wade, etc

He relegates his teammates to spot up shooting or cutting to the basket. You can never expand your game playing with Lebron.

theoneneo
06-28-2013, 02:31 PM
Carlos Boozer

PickernRoller
06-28-2013, 02:35 PM
So many LBJ fans in this thread...:roll: :roll:

The hate is unhealthy. The trolling is just a smoke screen.

imnew09
06-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Carlos Boozer

• Playing with Kobe: You know what it was for me? And me and him are good friends, but I hadn't really trained with him -- is how hard he works. We saw his dedication to the game. He would get in the gym, lift weights, he would go over to the gym, get shots up before practice, go through the whole practice, and that was his routine every day. He's not great by accident is my point. He puts the work in. And I think what I learned about Kobe is he's so hungry to be good, he puts the work in. I just think his hunger and his determination is what I was most impressed with.

Michael Redd

• Playing with Kobe: We became good friends over that time period. We're around the same age, so we hung out and had the same perspective around that time. We had great respect, obviously, for each others' games, but talked more about life rather than basketball. And just competitive in practice. [Those] practices were some of the greatest practices I've ever been a part of. We matched up every day. And you can throw D-Wade in there. It was incredible. So great a teammate. We had a great time together off the court.

CP3 ON KOBE:
Me and Kob really figured out how much we had in common on that trip. That Olympic experience is when we got a lot closer. Me and my wife send him Christmas cards and his family sends us Christmas cards, and now we talk on a regular basis. We both want to win so badly. It's one of those things where as great a relationship as we have, as long as we're playing on the same court against each other, we're always going to get into it, you know what I mean? That's the respect factor, because you know that he wants it just as bad as I do.

Jason Kidd

• Playing with Kobe: Kobe was great. He practices as if it's Game 7. He wants to prove that he's the best player in the world every single practice.

Tayshaun Prince

• Playing with Kobe: You learn a lot of things from Kobe, just his patience and things like that. Just the ultimate competitor. Stays in the gym all the time. Always wants to get better. Always wants to work. When you go out there and play against him, you have to be ready for war. He's always moving, he's always physical, you have to always be alert at any time.

Deron Williams

• Playing with Kobe: I just remember how competitive he was. Everything with him is a competition, and I'm kinda the same way. So we'd just be shooting casually, and it would turn into shooting games, which he would cheat on. (said jokingly)

LeBron James

• Playing with Kobe: That was the first time I'd had the chance to play with Kobe, and I'll always just remember being his teammate. He made a big impact on us. Of course, everyone always remembers that four-point play.

Dwyane Wade

• Playing with Kobe: That shot he hit in the title game, that long 3. No matter what else happens, that is when you're glad to have Kobe Bryant on your team. He played so big in that game. It was Kobe at his best. That was a Kobe moment right there. I was glad he was on my side.

Chris Bosh

• Playing with Kobe: When he hit that 3 against Spain and just posed there -- it was such a tense moment. It was a crazy shot. I wasn't expecting him to shoot, and when he did it took my breath away. That and people's reaction to him in China. That was crazy.

Mike Krzyzewski, Head Coach

• Coaching Kobe: The main thing I remember about coaching both Kobe Bryant and Chris Paul is 100 percent cooperation. Truly great players realize that two acting as one, rather than as an individual, can produce amazing results. With Kobe, coaching him in 2008 is what I had hoped to do 12 years earlier, which was to coach the best player on the planet. He cooperated fully and, really, it is one of the best moments of my coaching career.

Jim Boeheim, Coach

• Coaching Kobe: Kobe, from day one, is just the hardest-working player I've ever been around. He just does an unbelievable job. He came in, he worked out before practice and practiced harder than anybody and then worked out afterwards and continued the whole trip. The first trip we are qualifying and then the Olympics themselves. He's just an unbelievable competitor and in practice goes 100 percent every day in practice and that brings everybody else up to that same level. He was a huge part of us being ready in the Olympics to be able to win. Of course, when we needed a big shot, he made a big shot against Spain.

Mike D'Antoni, Coach

• Coaching Kobe: The intensity is off the charts and he makes everybody better just by his attention to everything the team does and buying into working out and all that. You're talking about one of the highest level of champions that the league has, and to coach him was a dream.

Nate McMillan, Coach

• Coaching Kobe: I've even looked at Kobe and said, 'I think there are times he wants the game close.' He doesn't want a blowout. He wants to play in the fourth quarter and he wants to play late in the fourth quarter and he wants the game close. I think that motivates him, as a way of challenging the game. I haven't talked to him, this is just me. I think he loves that moment so much that he prefers the game, he wants the game to be close so that he can play the fourth quarter.

:biggums:

No man, in ISH we ignore great players comment on the goods of a player but stick to the ones that makes the player looks bad.

For example, Smush Parker said kobe sucks.

Legends66NBA7
06-28-2013, 02:36 PM
@ theoneneo - Thanks.

All I ask for is names. I think I've only seen Andrew Bogut be the one mentioned in here against Bryant and I don't think it was the same thing. Where are all these other players who don't want to play with him ?

Rasheed1
06-28-2013, 02:39 PM
that's just all talk. Lebron is the most selfish and stat obsessed superstar this league has ever seen. YOu play on lebron's team, you can forget about ever getting to dribble the ball. He will hold the ball for 20+ seconds then either go for a layup/dunk or pass to u for a bail out shot. this way he gets a bucket or an assist, that's the antithesis of unselfish play.

People are so dumb that they conflate assist numbers with making your teammates better. Look at all the careers Lebron has ruined or guys he sent off to retirement, Larry Hughes, Mo williams, shaq, ziguaskis, bosh, wade, etc

He relegates his teammates to spot up shooting or cutting to the basket. You can never expand your game playing with Lebron.

^This is just "all talk"

The whole "stat pad" argument is BS..

Lebron is a playmaker.. He is a great passer, and forces team defenses to commit to him.. That frees up teammates for easier buckets..

The Heat just proved twice in row that they are an unselfish team.. The players all to a man talk about playing together and filling their roles and creating a single identity for the team

the lakers dont even have an identity..

LBJ 23
06-28-2013, 02:41 PM

Yet you and your fellow Kobe fans are the loudest to critize Lebron for 11' Finals when he was doing the exact OPPOSITE of what you're saying here. So why is that? You should applaud him then for playing hot potato with the ball in 11' if him playing the way he usually plays is so detriment for his team and his teammates :lol

PickernRoller
06-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Yet you and your fellow Kobe fans are the loudest to critize Lebron for 11' Finals when he was doing the exact OPPOSITE of what you're saying here. So why is that? You should applaud him then for playing hot potato with the ball in 11' if him playing the way he usually plays is so detriment for his team and his teammates :lol

Opposite? You mean not being an efficient off-the ball shooter, slasher and bottomline choker? That's not the opposite, that's being inefficient, unable to play your role in the biggest stage of the game. Everyone has a role.

Why do these 2 year olds are allowed to post here.

A question to you. Do you agree with the assessment that LBJ choked in the 2011 Finals? Yes or No. Very simple.

daily
06-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Who exactly is the guy who say he "talks to a lot of players/nobody wants to play with Kobe" ?

It's Rick Schwartz, he covers the NFL for Yahoo sports. He's just filling in for a day for Max Kellerman.

Last time he said he hoped Howard re-signs with the Rockets because he hates the arrogant Laker front office for thinking Howard will want to be a Laker just because they are the "Lakers" "I hope it blows up in their face" were his exact words

Doctor Rivers
06-28-2013, 02:49 PM
I thought it was a particularly hilarious display of huge ego when Kobe, who was teamed up with one of the GOAT playmakers and passers, decided that he's the real PG on the team :roll:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/4b14baf42033bb3c8cc3f6a445d16223/tumblr_mh91kgDVpr1rs5ngxo1_500.png

I thought it was a particularly hilarious display of inept posting when you decided to omit the fact that Nash was injured for most of the season.

Legends66NBA7
06-28-2013, 02:53 PM
It's Rick Schwartz, he covers the NFL for Yahoo sports. He's just filling in for a day for Max Kellerman.

Last time he said he hoped Howard re-signs with the Rockets because he hates the arrogant Laker front office for thinking Howard will want to be a Laker just because they are the "Lakers" "I hope it blows up in their face" were his exact words

Ah, thanks for all that. So now I know where all this agenda is coming from with Howard/nobody wants to play with Bryant, since he has a disdain for the Lakers. He's clearly biased and on top of all that he's covering the NFL ? It's just like Floyd Mayweather's opinion on basketball, don't really care for it.

TonyMontana
06-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Look how mad all of the Kobe stans are. Kobe hasn't gotten along with ANY high profile teammates in his entire career except for Gasol, and Nash who are both guys I could go up to and tell them I fuked their mothers and they wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Have fun watching a team with Andrew Gouldelock in the starting lineup next year because nobody wants to play with Kobe. :oldlol: :oldlol:

KobesFinger
06-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Look how mad all of the Kobe stans are. Kobe hasn't gotten along with ANY high profile teammates in his entire career except for Gasol, and Nash who are both guys I could go up to and tell them I fuked their mothers and they wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Have fun watching a team with Andrew Gouldelock in the starting lineup next year because nobody wants to play with Kobe. :oldlol: :oldlol:

What high profile teammates? I already talked about Shaq and Malone. Who else, Smush Parker? He got on just fine with Odom and Gary Payton (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong). You guys who hate Kobe keep coming with the same tired arguments, and whenever someone refutes them you disappear and come back saying the same thing.

TonyMontana
06-28-2013, 03:17 PM
What high profile teammates? I already talked about Shaq and Malone. Who else, Smush Parker? He got on just fine with Odom and Gary Payton (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong). You guys who hate Kobe keep coming with the same tired arguments, and whenever someone refutes them you disappear and come back saying the same thing.

Tell me

What free agents have taken a paycut to play with LA in the Kobe era? 40 year old Steve Nash that got a multi year contract for around 10 million per? :oldlol: Yeah that's a real sacrifice.

Who else have they signed? LeBron gets multiple people to take paycuts EACH YEAR just to play with him.

And no, Malone/Payton were Shaq recruits. :oldlol:

Face the facts, nobody wants to play with Kobe and your roster is evidence of that. Your going to be fielding a team with Jordan Hill and Goulelock as starters. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

PickernRoller
06-28-2013, 03:20 PM

Nobody wanted to play with Bron last I recall too. That's why he left Cleveland remember? Ohh I forgot, it's called the decision. Yeah it's got a special name and everything.

TonyMontana
06-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Nobody wanted to play with Bron last I recall too. That's why he left Cleveland remember? Ohh I forgot, it's called the decision. Yeah it's got a special name and everything.

Is that why Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh both took paycuts so that they could all play together?

Is that why Udonis Haslem took a paycut so he could play here?

Is that why Ray Allen took a paycut so he could play here?

Is that why Birdman signed with the team for the minumum and will be looking to resign for cheap to build something greater?

Is that why Shane Battier signed with the team for less?

Sit your ass down kid. The Miami Heat are a family, while the Lakers is a disgruntled workplace where everyone just pretends to like eachother. LeBron has built a winning culture that talented players WANT to be a part of.

theoneneo
06-28-2013, 03:28 PM
Is that why Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh both took paycuts so that they could all play together?

Is that why Birdman signed with the team for the minumum and will be looking to resign for cheap to build something greater?

Sit your ass down kid. The Miami Heat are a family, while the Lakers is a disgruntled workplace where everyone just pretends to like eachother. LeBron has built a winning culture that talented players WANT to be a part of.

Lol @ Lebron building a winning culture :roll: Nicca, was you alive when he ran to Miami? He did the same thing those guys did.:lol

YAWN
06-28-2013, 03:29 PM

All those pieces you mentioned signed on to ring chase after Wade concocted the big three... It happens every year with all the top teams. Its about to happen in NJ too.

If I remember correctly Chris Paul wanted to play with Kobe but got denied for basketball reasons.

Dwight Howard is a mentally weak *****, he can't play anywhere that has an expectation of title or bust.

He doesn't have the drive to carry a team to a championship. I hope he goes to Houston so he can blow that team up.

PickernRoller
06-28-2013, 03:29 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: Sorry but the only thing they have built is a stacked list of superstars and role players that creates a vacuum in the league for talent aka an easy path to titles.

Winning culture my @ss. Choked in 11, saved by the best 3 pt shooter of all time in 13. Got a free pass in a lockout season against his SUMMER BFF Durant.

Riley created the culture and got everyone to take the pay cuts to make it work, not Bron. Last I heard, players in the league give two shits about Bron - most disrespected star ever? Yes.

dh144498
06-28-2013, 03:31 PM

one word counters all this. Ring chasing.

Silly TonyMontana. :oldlol:

KobesFinger
06-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Tell me

What free agents have taken a paycut to play with LA in the Kobe era? 40 year old Steve Nash that got a multi year contract for around 10 million per? :oldlol: Yeah that's a real sacrifice.

Who else have they signed? LeBron gets multiple people to take paycuts EACH YEAR just to play with him.

And no, Malone/Payton were Shaq recruits. :oldlol:

Face the facts, nobody wants to play with Kobe and your roster is evidence of that. Your going to be fielding a team with Jordan Hill and Goulelock as starters. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

I didn't say anything about free agents, I said what high profile teammates has Kobe beefed with. But now that you mention it the Lakers haven't been under the cap in how long. That means only minimum, rookie and MLE contracts can be signed. While its not impossible to sign good players to those contracts, who's going to sign for that?

Goudelock isn't coming back, Lakers FO didn't extend a QO to him. The reason why Hill is starting for the Lakers is because of A) the cap situation which is being fixed in the next 2 years and B) injuries and lack of depth. We'll see what happens in free agency in 2014 and 2015. Wasn't Joel Anthony starting for the Heat only 2 years ago?

Chris Paul wanted to play with Kobe. He was angry when Stern vetoed the trade back in 2011. There's a big name

TonyMontana
All those pieces you mentioned signed on to ring chase after Wade concocted the big three... It happens every year with all the top teams. Its about to happen in NJ too.

If I remember correctly Chris Paul wanted to play with Kobe but got denied for basketball reasons.

Dwight Howard is a mentally weak *****, he can't play anywhere that has an expectation of title or bust.

He doesn't have the drive to carry a team to a championship. I hope he goes to Houston so he can blow that team up.

Noone has answered my question.

What players have gone on to ring chase signing for cheap in the Kobe era? Since apparantly it happens to all the top teams who signed with them? We all know who wanted to play with Shaq, but who wanted to play with Kobe?

Chris Paul didn't wanna play there, he got traded there just like any player worth a damn that LAs ever acquired.

I<3NBA

so players believe they can win a ring with Lebron but not Kobe? you'd think a team with Kobe, Nash, and Dwight will get a lot of ring chasers

KobesFinger
06-28-2013, 03:33 PM

inb4 "2 words dumbass :lol"

just saved you from more trolling

KobesFinger
06-28-2013, 03:35 PM

What players have gone on to ring chase signing for cheap in the Kobe era? Since apparantly it happens to all the top teams who signed with them? We all know who wanted to play with Shaq, but who wanted to play with Kobe?

Chris Paul didn't wanna play there, he got traded there just like any player worth a damn that LAs ever acquired.

Antawn Jamison, Jodie Meeks, Troy Murphy, Joe Smith, Theo Ratliff off the top of my head. All within the last 3 years.

TonyMontana
06-28-2013, 03:35 PM
I didn't say anything about free agents, I said what high profile teammates has Kobe beefed with. But now that you mention it the Lakers haven't been under the cap in how long. That means only minimum, rookie and MLE contracts can be signed. While its not impossible to sign good players to those contracts, who's going to sign for that?

Goudelock isn't coming back, Lakers FO didn't extend a QO to him. The reason why Hill is starting for the Lakers is because of A) the cap situation which is being fixed in the next 2 years and B) injuries and lack of depth. We'll see what happens in free agency in 2014 and 2015. Wasn't Joel Anthony starting for the Heat only 2 years ago?

Chris Paul wanted to play with Kobe. He was angry when Stern vetoed the trade back in 2011. There's a big name

The Heat are over the cap too, WAY over the Cap. That hasn't stopped them.

Noone is willing to take the same paycut to play with Kobe that they are with LeBron.

If your starting lineup that consists of Jordan Hill and Gouldelock isn't enough to convince you I don't know what is.

TonyMontana
06-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Antawn Jamison, Jodie Meeks, Troy Murphy, Joe Smith, Theo Ratliff off the top of my head. All within the last 3 years.

None of those guys are getting anything above the minumum anywhere.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

dh144498
06-28-2013, 03:37 PM
inb4 "2 words dumbass :lol"

just saved you from more trolling

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps. :oldlol:
O well i'll leave it like that. Let's see if he goes red herring or ad hominem on this one. :lol

PickernRoller
06-28-2013, 03:37 PM

To reply you with names(which there are) would validate your point that people go to Miami because of Bron. That simply can't be further from the truth. It's Riley that gets the agents to bite into the program, to sign for less in return for an easy path to titles. He builds the culture and builds the charade.

When that distinction is made then you get the names. But as usual you have already trolled the weak minded.

Name me one player that wants to play for Bron, not Riley?

Ignore this and you're bitch made.

KobesFinger
06-28-2013, 03:39 PM
None of those guys are getting anything above the minumum anywhere.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

I still answered the question, vets who are ring chasing. You didn't know Jamison is a former All-Star because he hasn't been since 2010. No-one else wanted Birdman or Haslem. You still haven't answered mine though. Aside from Shaq and Malone, who has Kobe had problems with?

TonyMontana
06-28-2013, 03:40 PM
To reply you with names(which there are) would validate your point that people go to Miami because of Bron. That simply can't be further from the truth. It's Riley that gets the agents to bite into the program, to sign for less in return for an easy path to titles. He builds the culture and builds the charade.

When that distinction is made then you get the names. But as usual you have already trolled the weak minded.

Miami wasn't getting veterans for cheap when they had just Wade and Riley in the late 00s.

When they had Shaq in the mid 00s and now LeBron in this era, thats when you get all the players willing to take paycuts to sign with your team.

I<3NBA
06-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Name me one player that wants to play for Bron, not Riley?

Mo Williams. and that's just the troll answer.

the FAs really started rolling to Miami once Lebron got there. it was Lebron, not Riley that was the attraction. f you really doubt that, imagine Lebron leaving Miami. do you think FAs would continue to flck to Miami? or would they follow wherever Lebron is?

Go Getter
06-28-2013, 03:44 PM

Everyone hates playing with guys like that but that is a common attitude found in prolific scorers (basketball-wise, the other stuff is his immense ego).

PickernRoller
06-28-2013, 03:48 PM
Miami wasn't getting veterans for cheap when they had just Wade and Riley in the late 00s.

When they had Shaq in the mid 00s and now LeBron in this era, thats when you get all the players willing to take paycuts to sign with your team.

Nope.

In order for that to happen, the paycuts need to be taken by the stars first. It was Riley that also arranged that - not Bron. Collusion between superstars and BFF's aka Bron, Wade and Bosh do not in any way qualify - that's a decision, morally questionable to "Collude" which is in many sports, including the NBA to some extent, deplored and also reprimanded. That's not a winning culture, that's called an easy path to "success". Veterans and journeyman have been jumping ship for easy titles for decades -it ain't new. Taking pay cuts if necessary is part of it. Just because it hasn't been publicized as it has today (because of the travesty that the current Heat is) does not in any way mean it hasn't been done before - In LA with Kobe or elsewhere around the league.

It was Riley who arrenges everything and makes everything work. Just so happens Lebron/Wade and Bosh are the superstars. Could have been insert name here ________________________ .

That would be like saying every player in the league that's signed to a team is currently under the optimal contract available to him and if otherwise, would have signed elsewhere where the most money could be made. It can't be further from the truth.

Just go to bed. You know you're trolling, it's weak, and exposed.

Mr Exlax
06-28-2013, 03:52 PM
As a Kobe hater, this thread is useless. The short clip posted was useless. Get something harder next time.

fiddy
06-28-2013, 03:57 PM

Kobe-stan is upset nobody wants to play with his god Absolutely im super mad right now. :oldlol:

is that the motto of your 3rd world country? the only garbage is you in this thread.

go *** yourself, you mom is probably in the usa sucking cocks for 5 $ while you post in your village waiting for her to deliver you some american shoes so you can play somekind of a sport other than jerking. hell probably sucked my **** if she was in vegas this year :facepalm
You got served already clown and you already got exposed as an ignorant retard. How's your anus is it still wet? Or do you need me to intervene?

If you were born in 88 and you react that immature and stupid, honestly i feel bad for you son. Grow the **** up.

Heavincent
06-28-2013, 04:04 PM
RG/TonyMontana is an attention seeking moron. Better to just not even respond to him.

K Xerxes
06-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Yes, I'm sure no one wants to play with a 5 time champion, 2 time FMVP and undoubtedly one of the 11 greatest players of all time.

All he's interested in is results. It says more about people that dislike playing with him (i.e. their mental weakness) than Kobe himself.

jstern
06-28-2013, 04:25 PM

huh?
You know my point very well, the first half of the season it seemed like he was unable to sacrifice his shot, and make it clear that he was the man of the team. There were some stretches where he was shooting almost averaging 26 FG per game. He then became an assist guy for the better of the team, and that dramatically lowered his FG attempts, but I feel the damage had been done because of that FIRST PART of the season. It would give many players an uneasy feeling even though he forced himself to pass more at a later point.

omg Jstern just got ethered hard.

:lol :oldlol:

If you had any reading comprehension you would have noticed that I was talking about the first part of the season in my original post, and then the other guy (I never pay attentions to names) came back showing full season stats, when everybody knows that Kobe started shooting a lot less.

KobesFinger
06-28-2013, 04:33 PM
You know my point very well, the first half of the season it seemed like he was unable to sacrifice his shot, and not be clear man. There were some stretches where he was shooting almost averaging 26 FG per game. He then became an assist guy for the better of the team, and that dramatically lowered his FG attempts, but I feel the damage had been done because of that FIRST PART of the season. It would give many players an uneasy feeling even though he forced himself to pass more at a later point.

If you had any reading comprehension you would have noticed that I was talking about the first part of the season in my original post, and then the other guy (I never pay attentions to names) came back showing full season stats, when everybody knows that Kobe stopped shooting a lot less shot.

Even up to that first 14 assist game, he averaged 22.1 but shot 46%. You have to remember though, up until that game Nash, Gasol and Blake had missed a lot of the season. It was either him or injured Dwight. Jamison had been benched for the last month and a half and Metta is Metta.

STATUTORY
06-28-2013, 04:35 PM
You know my point very well, the first half of the season it seemed like he was unable to sacrifice his shot, and make it clear that he was the man of the team. There were some stretches where he was shooting almost averaging 26 FG per game. He then became an assist guy for the better of the team, and that dramatically lowered his FG attempts, but I feel the damage had been done because of that FIRST PART of the season. It would give many players an uneasy feeling even though he forced himself to pass more at a later point.

If you had any reading comprehension you would have noticed that I was talking about the first part of the season in my original post, and then the other guy (I never pay attentions to names) came back showing full season stats, when everybody knows that Kobe started shooting a lot less.

the first half of the season? you mean when Steve Nash, Dwight, and Paul Gasol were all injured?

yes kobe clearly should have been deferring to Morris and Goudeblock

:roll: :roll: sit yo mark ass down, CHANG!

PickernRoller
06-28-2013, 04:38 PM
If there is a poster I hardly pay attention to in this board is jstern. He lacks the charisma of bottomline idiots in the forum and lacks the basic intelligence of a half @ssed LBJ stan.

Doctor Rivers
06-28-2013, 04:40 PM
As a Kobe hater, this thread is useless. The short clip posted was useless. Get something harder next time.

:applause:

The-Legend-24
06-28-2013, 04:43 PM
the first half of the season? you mean when Steve Nash, Dwight, and Paul Gasol were all injured?

yes kobe clearly should have been deferring to Morris and Goudeblock

:roll: :roll: sit yo mark ass down, CHANG!
These lame nikkas don't watch any fvcking games. Straight talking out of their ass. :oldlol: :oldlol:

dh144498
06-28-2013, 04:45 PM

that helps your argument even less. Nash Gasol were both injured. :oldlol:

dh144498
06-28-2013, 04:45 PM
If there is a poster I hardly pay attention to in this board is jstern. He lacks the charisma of bottomline idiots in the forum and lacks the basic intelligence of a half @ssed LBJ stan.

KyleKong
06-28-2013, 04:51 PM

He mad.

CanYouDigIt
06-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Let's just end the argument before someone posts another paragraph. Lebron > Kobe

Simple as that.

:dancin :dancin :dancin :dancin :dancin :dancin :dancin :dancin :dancin :dancin

Noob Saibot
06-28-2013, 05:16 PM
the end of the Kobe era?

SamuraiSWISH
06-28-2013, 05:27 PM
I don't think nobody wants to play with Kobe, winners like him. He's driven. With that said I'm sure it's DIFFICULT playing with Kobe. There is a difference. His leadership style, his approach to the game, the way he endears himself to teammates (if he trusts them) ... it takes a certain mentality to be able to play and flourish with someone like that ... new era softies wouldn't be able to manage it. They need constant ego strokes, never any criticism. With that said, Kobe isn't always the most mature, consistent, and competent leader. He's not a gatherer type personality to get people to want to play hard for them. He shot jacks (which at 34 is a problem) and in the last few years takes off on defense, then throws his teammates under the bus, hardly ever rewarding them by making plays to get them in the game. It's a slipper slope. Kobe alienated Dwight Howard, but on the same token Dwight Howard is a bitch and didn't put his big boy pants and learn to mesh with Kobe to make it work, either.

TonyMontana
06-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Looks like the Kobe stans cannot explain LA hasn't attracted any quality veteran free agents signing for cheap ever since Shaq left town. :oldlol: :oldlol:

For those that actually play basketball(I doubt many of the Kobe stans actually do) Kobe is the cocky black kid that comes to the court, hogs the ball the entire time and taking contested jump shots. When he makes his first jump shot after 10 tries he starts talking shit. He will also call for the ball constantly, never pass, play no defense, and yell at his teammates constantly even though he is sucking ass.

Noone wants to play with that guy. :oldlol: :oldlol:

KobesFinger
06-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Looks like the Kobe stans cannot explain LA hasn't attracted any quality veteran free agents signing for cheap ever since Shaq left town. :oldlol: :oldlol:

For those that actually play basketball(I doubt many of the Kobe stans actually do) Kobe is the cocky black kid that comes to the court, hogs the ball the entire time and taking contested jump shots. When he makes his first jump shot after 10 tries he starts talking shit. He will also call for the ball constantly, never pass, play no defense, and yell at his teammates constantly even though he is sucking ass.

I already told you, Antawn Jamison. One year removed from averaging 16ppg. I won't even say anything about the black kid analogy

TonyMontana
06-28-2013, 05:51 PM
I already told you, Antawn Jamison. One year removed from averaging 16ppg. I won't even say anything about the black kid analogy

Antawn Jamison sucks. He wouldn't even see the court for the Heat.

16 PPG on 40% shooting on a 21 win team is far from impressive.

Guy does nothing. Gets burnt by anyone on defense, can't rebound, isn't even a great shooter. Have fun with that. Just another inefficient chucker.

KobesFinger
06-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Antawn Jamison sucks. He wouldn't even see the court for the Heat.

16 PPG on 40% shooting on a 21 win team is far from impressive.

Guy does nothing. Gets burnt by anyone on defense, can't rebound, isn't even a great shooter. Have fun with that. Just another inefficient chucker.

Did you not see him play at all last season? Averaged 9 and 5 off the bench and shot above his career average. I don't need anyone to tell me he's a horrible defender. But to say he's a chucker and can't rebound after one inefficient season is dumb.

Aside from Ray Allen, what quality free agents have taken pay cuts to join the Heat?

Swaggin916
06-28-2013, 06:04 PM
I don't blame people for not wanting to play with him. There are 29 other teams and they wouldn't have to put ip with nearly the amount of shit ... Somebody called it earlier why veterans aren't wanting to come play with him because as you get older you just get fed up and don't want to put up with anything. Younger guys are much more go with the flow with whole ego issue. It's still there but testosterone peaks at 40 so the closer guys get to that age the more aggressive they become and couple that with experience = not wanting to put up with anything they don't have to.

Lol at the people who are saying guys need to stop doing this friend bullshit... The heat just won two ships and times are changing... Cram it up your ass. Putting ego aside and working together is the best way to accomplish things. That is the whole essence of team. If that happens to involve one guy being hands down the main dude and everybody can play off that then that's cool.. But not necessary. There is no right way to get things done just different ways.

PickernRoller
06-28-2013, 06:05 PM
Kobefinger why you giving this kid cookies when he ignored the cake by other posters? Purposefully....

TonyMontana
06-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Aside from Ray Allen, what quality free agents have taken pay cuts to join the Heat?

Hmm I don't know, how about LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh who all took a paycut to play together and also sign Udonis Haslem, and Mike Miller.

Shane Battier, BIRDMAN, Ray Allen

The Heat are a family and talented guys are drawn to that.

The Lakers are a disgruntled workplace where noone gives a **** about eachother, but pretends to like eachother. Only way I would ever consider playing for LA over the Heat is if they gave me a significantly higher salary which is the case. Pau Gasol making 20 illion, Dwight Howard making 20 million, Steve Nash making like 10. No decent player has ever taken a paycut to play there.

KobesFinger
06-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Kobefinger why you giving this kid cookies when he ignored the cake by other posters?

Because he left the thread hours ago after I refuted his argument only to come back and say the same thing. He's still saying it now. I'll stop though

daily
06-28-2013, 06:52 PM

Tony Montana's living proof you can put ten pounds of stupid in a 5 pound sack

dh144498
06-28-2013, 06:54 PM
dam.. TonyMontana must have Lebron's d1ck so far up his a$$ and through his mouth, he's spewing all sorts of sh1t.
:oldlol:

7_cody
06-28-2013, 06:57 PM

You were far too extreme, it's not quite as extreme as you put it. But in a way, that kind if how he is, but with a MAJOR distinction

He is actually good enough to do that, whereas no one else is. No doubt that he wants to lead in PPG and be the man.

Unless you're better than Bryant, which you are not, you are going to be one of his role players. He is not always going to make the right decision, but he will entertain the hell out of the fans and make the wildest most difficult shots while hurting his efficiency.

This is all IMO btw, it's not like I know him personally

Rasheed1
06-28-2013, 06:59 PM
dam.. TonyMontana must have Lebron's d1ck so far up his a$$ and through his mouth, he's spewing all sorts of sh1t.

^I hate this bullsh*t... this is troll talk.. stop the gay talk and refute the arguments..

you make yourself look like an idiot when you do the troll sh*t

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Hmm I don't know, how about LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh who all took a paycut to play together and also sign Udonis Haslem, and Mike Miller.

Shane Battier, BIRDMAN, Ray Allen

The Heat are a family and talented guys are drawn to that.

The Lakers are a disgruntled workplace where noone gives a **** about eachother, but pretends to like eachother. Only way I would ever consider playing for LA over the Heat is if they gave me a significantly higher salary which is the case. Pau Gasol making 20 illion, Dwight Howard making 20 million, Steve Nash making like 10. No decent player has ever taken a paycut to play there.
dude just got exposed HARD. the 80's called, they want your user name back, fcking fraud.

TonyMontana
06-28-2013, 07:44 PM
^I hate this bullsh*t... this is troll talk.. stop the gay talk and refute the arguments..

you make yourself look like an idiot when you do the troll sh*t

They call me the troll even though I back up my beliefs with facts and evidence while the only thing they can respond with is a one liner talking about penises. :oldlol:

let them post their crap, when i see it i smile because i know i won and they have nothing to say.

You were far too extreme, it's not quite as extreme as you put it. But in a way, that kind if how he is, but with a MAJOR distinction

He is actually good enough to do that, whereas no one else is. No doubt that he wants to lead in PPG and be the man.

Unless you're better than Bryant, which you are not, you are going to be one of his role players. He is not always going to make the right decision, but he will entertain the hell out of the fans and make the wildest most difficult shots while hurting his efficiency.

This is all IMO btw, it's not like I know him personally

The comparison was just to give people that play pickup a comparison about what its like to play with Kobe. Everyones played with someone like the kid I mentioned above. Kobe will make the shots at a higher clip than the kid in my example, but they are still bad shots.

rhythmic
06-28-2013, 07:48 PM
Honestly people are panicking too much.
LA went 28-12 to end the year while still facing numerous injuries.
If Dwight does decide to return, we will have one more crack at it. Hopefully this time we can have better luck with injuries.

Every single member of the team was injured this season, I have never seen such bad luck in my life.

Howard
Gasol
Nash
Bryant
Meeks
Blake
Jamison
Hill
Duhon
World Peace
Clark

All injured. :oldlol: :cry: :facepalm
I think only Ebanks and our precious cheerleader weren't injured, but I could be wrong.

Nashty
06-28-2013, 08:47 PM
You're an absolute moron if you think those numbers prove anything.

Without context they are meaningless. Totally useless.

I'll add that besides the fact that the numbers are useless it's amazing you've decided to use numbers that only reflect a very small percentage of games to define a players entire career that's spanned 1,450+games over 17 years

dumb nashty.

using a sample size 1/10th of the juxtaposition for comparisons.

How come Kobe is the only superstar that was not missed that much through his entire career? Just look at other great players(besides Wilt who was also a terrible teammate). Their teams winning percentage dropped drastically when they were injured.

Ne 1
06-28-2013, 08:49 PM
They call me the troll even though I back up my beliefs with facts and evidence while the only thing they can respond with is a one liner talking about penises. :oldlol:

let them post their crap, when i see it i smile because i know i won and they have nothing to say.

You're a shock poster. You post outlandish crap that no rational, non-delusional person would agree with. Just because you use selective "facts" to suit your agenda doesn't mean you aren't a troll.

truhooper
06-28-2013, 08:53 PM

+rep :cheers:

TheFan
06-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Kobe did not run Shaq out of town... Actually Shaq("Im not doing babysitting") started the whole Kobe/Shaq feud... As Shaq grew older the Lakers focused on resigning the younger Kobe.

Kobe is not responsible of the 2004 finals... Fisher was injured, Malone injured, GPayton couldn't contain Billups... The only game they won was because Kobe went hero mode.

Players do not enjoy playing with Kobe... He is very competitive, he yells at teammates, neglects defense, takes bad shots... He is at times the Nightmare teammate.

Howard is not entirely responsible of this situation. He establish deep position into the post just to be ignored, oh course he is going to get mad... He wants touches, it seems like he wants to be the MAN, if he is willing to carry a contender and take a paycut then good for him, leave. No big deal.

Smoke117
06-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Nobody wants to play with Kobe? About 10 years late.

sc19
06-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Kobe is not responsible of the 2004 finals...
Kobe Bryant 2004 Finals stats averages: 46.2 MPG, .381 FG%, .174 3p%, 4.4 APG, 22.6 PPG.
:facepalm

KingLeBronJames
06-28-2013, 11:48 PM
Nobody wants to play with Kobe? Then what about guys like Steve Nash, Dwight, Ron Artest and Derek Fisher? They signed with the Lakers. And people complained that they signed with the Lakers. People acting like they were nobody.

MaxFly
06-29-2013, 12:26 AM
Didn't Chris Paul want to play with Bryant just 2 seasons ago? Dwight. Steve Nash? :confusedshrug:

HeatFanSince88
06-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Didn't Chris Paul want to play with Bryant just 2 seasons ago? Dwight. Steve Nash? :confusedshrug:

nash signed for 10 million per season and Dwight got traded there.

People talk good about kobe in the media since they dont wanna start shit, but no1 wants to play with this clown

The Iron Fist
06-29-2013, 12:37 AM

Middle 3 years

Gasol years

Explain the playoffs vs the Spurs just a few weeks ago.

The Iron Fist
06-29-2013, 12:45 AM
Kobe is 'aloof' and has always been a loner. Now that doesn't mean shit really but it doesn't gain points with his teammates.

There's tons of stories about Kobe being selfish, being arrogant, dismissive that simply didn't go well with those around him.

Now, there's been other players like that, but not to the same degree (or it appears so).

There was a time Magic said he'd try to reach out to Shaq and Kobe, but Shaq was the only one willing to listen. Magic has stated that he spent years before talking to Kobe. How the fu*ck do you not chat with Magic?

I remember JR Ryder saying he approached Kobe for tips on the triangle when Kobe brushed him aside and told him to learn it on his own. :biggums:

His teammates don't respond to him on the court because he isn't consistent at doing the dirty work, yet wants the all the glory. Have any of you seen him play?

When he goes on KoME mode that's all he does 90% of the time, he won't even play defense or attempt to run the offense. He'll just stand there on the perimeter and demand the ball.

There's other examples of course, many that we don't even know about.

But wait until his career is over when it will all come out.
but when lebron does it and loses finals because of it, its ok right?:facepalm

HorryIsMyMVP
06-29-2013, 12:49 AM

People talk good about kobe in the media since they dont wanna start shit, but no1 wants to play with this clown
Nash didn't particular care where he played as long as he could be close to his kids and get paid.

daily
06-29-2013, 12:50 AM
Ron Artest, Lamar Odom. Derek Fisher... Odom was so pissed off it ruined his career when he was traded

tpols
06-29-2013, 12:54 AM
Its funny how LA signs the defensive guys he used to fight and go to war with..

Ron Artest when he was on houston.. they were throwing elbows at each other playing extremely physical.. niether would back down but Kobe kind of dennis rodmanned artest. He was too easy to trick. Matt Barnes who thought he was the Kobe stopper in Orlando gets signed.. they were talking raja bell a year or two ago.

Those guys respect kobe because they know in and out how good his offensive game used to be.

HorryIsMyMVP
06-29-2013, 01:03 AM
Its funny how LA signs the defensive guys he used to fight and go to war with..

Ron Artest when he was on houston.. they were throwing elbows at each other playing extremely physical.. niether would back down but Kobe kind of dennis rodmanned artest. He was too easy to trick. Matt Barnes who thought he was the Kobe stopper in Orlando gets signed.. they were talking raja bell a year or two ago.

Those guys respect kobe because they know in and out how good his offensive game used to be.
Ironically Ron Artest and Matt Barnes are pretty horrible. Ariza was way better then Ron. They thought about Raja Bell because they were trying to recreate the PHX Sun's :oldlol:

KingLeBronJames
06-29-2013, 01:53 AM

Dwight got traded there cause he wanted to be there. So that means he wanted to play with Kobe. And he even said that he would want to play with Kobe during an interview at the All-Star game in 2012.

TonyMontana
06-29-2013, 02:23 AM
Dwight got traded there cause he wanted to be there. So that means he wanted to play with Kobe. And he even said that he would want to play with Kobe during an interview at the All-Star game in 2012.

Dude, player interviews are all bs, just a bunch of guys trying to be politically correct.

Dwight was getting paid 19 milion to play with Kobe. I'd do much worse things for that kind of money.

And it looks like playing with Kobe was such a rewarding experience for him. He's already got one foot out the door and it was only a year. :oldlol:

KingLeBronJames
06-29-2013, 02:59 AM
Dude, player interviews are all bs, just a bunch of guys trying to be politically correct.

Dwight was getting paid 19 milion to play with Kobe. I'd do much worse things for that kind of money.

And it looks like playing with Kobe was such a rewarding experience for him. He's already got one foot out the door and it was only a year. :oldlol:
"Player interviews are all BS." :facepalm

COnDEMnED
06-29-2013, 03:14 AM

:wtf: Yeah, but eventually you have to explain how you got all that money. Do you lie, or admit you took a load up the rear then made a poostach on your upper lip? :biggums:

Nashty
06-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Explain the playoffs vs the Spurs just a few weeks ago.

First two games they played with Nash who was running on one leg, and in the other two games was not playing at all. They played only 2 games with their second PG Blake. They played only 20 minutes with their second SG Meeks. Their starting backcourt in LA was Morris who barely played in the regular season and Goudelock who is a D-League player. They were the 8th seed and played against the Spurs who also swept Grizzlies in the WCF and would probably swept the Lakers even without injuries. It's funny how Kobe stans acting like it was because of Kobe :roll:

jzek
06-29-2013, 10:00 AM
cos he's a ballhog

Doranku
06-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Lots of f@ggots in this thread.

Doranku
06-29-2013, 10:51 AM
First two games they played with Nash who was running on one leg, and in the other two games was not playing at all. They played only 2 games with their second PG Blake. They played only 20 minutes with their second SG Meeks. Their starting backcourt in LA was Morris who barely played in the regular season and Goudelock who is a D-League player. They were the 8th seed and played against the Spurs who also swept Grizzlies in the WCF and would probably swept the Lakers even without injuries. It's funny how Kobe stans acting like it was because of Kobe :roll:

Congratulations on reaffirming the fact that you know nothing.

Nashty
06-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Congratulations on reaffirming the fact that you know nothing.

Oh, sorry, they were 7th :facepalm What's next, in the lack of argument, you're gonna laugh at my English, right :facepalm

CAstill
06-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Oh, sorry, they were 7th :facepalm What's next, in the lack of argument, you're gonna laugh at my English, right :facepalm

Now we're going to laugh at the fact that you assume if all Lakers were healthy and playing that they would of still got swept. Not true at all. Even just a healthy Kobe would of made all the difference. You might be an idiot who thinks otherwise but any team losing their top dog is going to be worse.

branslowski
06-29-2013, 11:54 AM

So I'm guessing you know this because u talked to all these players that don't wanna play wit Kobe thru iPhone facetime?

Nashty
06-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Now we're going to laugh at the fact that you assume if all Lakers were healthy and playing that they would of still got swept. Not true at all. Even just a healthy Kobe would of made all the difference. You might be an idiot who thinks otherwise but any team losing their top dog is going to be worse.

Yes, every other team play worse without their top dog, but not the Lakers, and that's why Kobe is overrated, Lakers never played much worse without Kobe.

PickernRoller
06-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Yes, every other team play worse without their top dog, but not the Lakers, and that's why Kobe is overrated, Lakers never played much worse without Kobe.

I am still wondering why you haven't been banned yet. The stupidity in the things you say is sky high.

Trolling =/= being the most stupid.

I can understand why they haven't banned you but last I checked this wasn't a retard asylum or is it?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-29-2013, 12:20 PM

Chrono90
06-29-2013, 12:26 PM
5 rings. End of story.

Some people do it as a nice leader and some ppl do it as a mean leader. Most end up with NOTHING. 5 rings so far. End of story.

Nashty
06-29-2013, 12:47 PM
I am still wondering why you haven't been banned yet. The stupidity in the things you say is sky high.

I can understand why they haven't banned you but last I checked this wasn't a retard asylum or is it?

You are a retard.

I put up facts, when you put some facts like I did, then we can talk.

PickernRoller
06-29-2013, 12:51 PM
You are a retard.

ummmm.....already got you talking with a fact. I'll wait for your rebuttal.

The Iron Fist
06-29-2013, 01:39 PM

Kobe didn't play, and the Lakers got swept. According to the data you presented and premise of the thread, the team should have been better. So again, why didn't they win a single game?

The Iron Fist
06-29-2013, 01:41 PM
You are a retard.

Here are some facts.

The last time the Lakers won a championship without Kobe Bryant, Kobe was 10 years old. Since they acquired him, they have won 5. So explain to me again how the Lakers are better without him?

Nashty
06-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Kobe didn't play, and the Lakers got swept. According to the data you presented and premise of the thread, the team should have been better. So again, why didn't they win a single game?

They also missed their two best point guards, and their second best SG.

Here are some facts.

The last time the Lakers won a championship without Kobe Bryant, Kobe was 10 years old. Since they acquired him, they have won 5. So explain to me again how the Lakers are better without him?

They would win those championships without him. They played almost the same with or without him through the years. They were even better without him when they three peated.

KingLeBronJames
06-29-2013, 02:38 PM

They would win those championships without him. They played almost the same with or without him through the years. They were even better without him when they three peated.
You're an idiot.

The Iron Fist
06-29-2013, 03:55 PM

So where are all the titles from 89 to 99?

branslowski
06-29-2013, 04:10 PM

Jeff gets paid when trolls like him and Tony Montana post...because they know by saying retarded sh!t they'll get a reaction out of ppl, which leads to traffic which leads to dollar's...Jeff benefits off of ppl who doesn't get laid and needs super attention on the internets because they can't get none in real life.

KobesFinger
06-29-2013, 04:18 PM

They don't three peat without him though. They win in 2000 (provided someone steps up in G4) but 01 and 02 are not a lock.

Rose'sACL
06-29-2013, 04:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li52iOIFA6M

This is the reason why. All the lakers fan treat him like a GOD and ignore any bad thing he does on or off the court while blaming everyone else. Other superstars don't want to play with him for that same reason. He can say things like the thing he said in this video and yet lakers fans hate lebron for leaving cleveland when he was a free agent. Kobe was trying to leave when he still had time left on his contract by forcing a trade.

7_cody
06-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Why does everyone here personally know Kobe except me? Have you guys all gone to his house for a couple bbqs or something?

Bandito
06-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Why does everyone here personally know Kobe except me? Have you guys all gone to his house for a couple bbqs or something?
Yeah and we had a threesome with his wife too.

Ne 1
06-29-2013, 04:47 PM
They don't three peat without him though. They win in 2000 (provided someone steps up in G4) but 01 and 02 are not a lock.

Also provided some step up in Game 7 vs Portland.

7_cody
06-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Yeah and we had a threesome with his wife too.

HAHAHAHAHAH I was eating and you made me laugh so hard that I choked on my food and almost died

You're so funny

kennethgriffin
06-29-2013, 04:56 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/4r29s5.gif

Derivative
06-29-2013, 05:34 PM
5 rings. End of story.

Some people do it as a nice leader and some ppl do it as a mean leader. Most end up with NOTHING. 5 rings so far. End of story.

Horry 7 rings GOAT leader:bowdown: :bowdown:

Steve Kerr 5 rings same leader as kobe:bowdown: :bowdown:

7_cody
06-29-2013, 05:42 PM

I didn't know that Steve Kerr and Robert Horry were franchise players.

Doctor Rivers
06-29-2013, 07:28 PM

I'd draft them over Kobe

Ne 1
06-29-2013, 07:49 PM

A player who put up 21/5/4, 29/7/6, 27/6/5, 30/5/6 and 29/6/6 during their championship runs cannot be compared to role players like Horry and Kerr.

PickernRoller
06-29-2013, 07:54 PM
I'd draft them over Kobe

This.

KingLeBronJames
06-29-2013, 08:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li52iOIFA6M

This is the reason why. All the lakers fan treat him like a GOD and ignore any bad thing he does on or off the court while blaming everyone else. Other superstars don't want to play with him for that same reason. He can say things like the thing he said in this video and yet lakers fans hate lebron for leaving cleveland when he was a free agent. Kobe was trying to leave when he still had time left on his contract by forcing a trade.
LeBron left the Cavs cause they couldn't go back to the Finals in the next 4 years so he went to the Heat. I'd say Kobe has a legit beef. Kobe got the Lakers' front office scared since they sucked for 3 years since reaching the Finals. They promised him that they'll be contending again. But for 3 years, seems like they weren't doing anything to improve the team until Kobe scared the shit outta the front office.

The Iron Fist
06-29-2013, 08:35 PM

:facepalm
Even a third grader wouldn't use this logic.

Chrono90
06-29-2013, 08:40 PM

Lol, detective, Horry and Kerr weren't the leaders of their team.

secund2nun
06-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Who wants to play with Kobe?

The guy is a cancer. He will blame his teammates for his failures, then take all of the credit for the team's success (though the media is the main culprit here). He will also get upset if you outshine him and publicly blast you for various different reasons.

DetroitPistonFan
06-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Who wants to play with Kobe?

The guy is a cancer. He will blame his teammates for his failures, then take all of the credit for the team's success (though the media is the main culprit here). He will also get upset if you outshine him and publicly blast you for various different reasons.
A cancer who wins championships! I'd take him.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-29-2013, 11:17 PM
A cancer who wins championships! I'd take him.

Kobe isn't the reason they got 5 rings. The Los Angeles Lakers are the reason.

Kobe has 0 rings if he went to the team that drafted him, the Charlotte Hornets

Chrono90
06-30-2013, 03:13 AM
Kobe isn't the reason they got 5 rings. The Los Angeles Lakers are the reason.

Kobe has 0 rings if he went to the team that drafted him, the Charlotte Hornets

If you're serious, you never watched the games and just being a hater.

StocktonFan
06-30-2013, 03:23 AM
Wade 3 rings lebron 2

wade = leader
lebron = scrub

using your logic...

Derivative
06-30-2013, 03:25 AM
Lol, detective, Horry and Kerr weren't the leaders of their team.

and kobe isn't leader for 3 of his 5 rings