PDA

View Full Version : Leaked audio of woke Rachel Nichols infuriated bc black colleague was chosen over her

Pages : [1] 2

The Hick
07-04-2021, 02:22 PM
Due to the color of her skin.

This was from last year when she found out Maria Taylor, not her, would be the primary host for the 2020 NBA Finals coverage.

“I wish Maria Taylor all the success in the world — she covers football, she covers basketball,” Nichols said in an audio excerpt published by the Times. “If you need to give her more things to do because you are feeling pressure about your crappy longtime record on diversity — which, by the way, I know personally from the female side of it — like, go for it. Just find it somewhere else. You are not going to find it from me or taking my thing away.”

Well well well. What happened with the wokeness Rachel? :oldlol:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/media/2021/07/04/race-fuels-rift-between-espn-stars-rachel-nichols-maria-taylor/7858707002/

Gohan
07-04-2021, 02:38 PM
due to the color of her skin.

This was from last year when she found out maria taylor, not her, would be the primary host for the 2020 nba finals coverage.

Well well well. What happened with the wokeness rachel? :oldlol:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/media/2021/07/04/race-fuels-rift-between-espn-stars-rachel-nichols-maria-taylor/7858707002/

i knew rachael ****** was a fraud let my black nation rise over this

Norcaliblunt
07-04-2021, 03:00 PM
https://youtu.be/3cdqQ2BdgOA

ImKobe
07-04-2021, 03:05 PM
She deserves to get cancelled for all the bs she said about Rose & Kobe.

Gohan
07-04-2021, 03:09 PM
she deserves to get cancelled for all the bs she said about rose & kobe.

nah shes an iverson fan so she's alright, but she got to stop hating on the new black chick.

ImKobe
07-04-2021, 03:15 PM
nah shes an iverson fan so she's alright, but she got to stop hating on the new black chick.

https://youtu.be/67HVtWgDE10

ArbitraryWater
07-04-2021, 03:16 PM
Well she‘s probably right

tpols
07-04-2021, 03:20 PM
You know damn well someone like her had to go through some blackmail ritual shit to get her position. Now they letting it loose. :oldlol:

LAL
07-04-2021, 03:25 PM
She is a feminist so perhaps she can find support within that group. She's done tho, lol america is so fake & entertaining.

Bronbron23
07-04-2021, 04:51 PM
Due to the color of her skin.

This was from last year when she found out Maria Taylor, not her, would be the primary host for the 2020 NBA Finals coverage.

Well well well. What happened with the wokeness Rachel? :oldlol:

I can't stand rn but she has a point here. And there's a difference between making the workplace and society in general fair and just giving shit to people who don't deserve it. I don't know enough about maria Taylor or rn to know if this is the case here or not but if it is rn has a point.

Gohan
07-04-2021, 04:57 PM
https://youtu.be/67hvtwgde10

f that bitch, i never saw this one before. She tried to trash my dawg, with her feministic integrity bullshit. F her straight up

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-04-2021, 04:58 PM

This

Code Breaker
07-04-2021, 05:05 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1411679837505347584

It seems like she’s just being selfish and looking out for herself only. I don’t see any racist intent behind what she said.

The Hick
07-04-2021, 05:08 PM
I can't stand rn but she has a point here. And there's a difference between making the workplace and society in general fair and just giving shit to people who don't deserve it. I don't know enough about maria Taylor or rn to know if this is the case here or not but if it is rn has a point.

Screw color. Maria is hotter and younger. They are both equally woke, unnecessarily political but Rachel is more fake....and again older and uglier.

Poor Rachel. Slain with the same sword she swung around wildly during her ESPN tenure. So sorry Rachel, it's been nice knowing you. BuhbuhBye!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/1612e5f2555c94351fd3bfce2fac51f9/tenor.gif

The Hick
07-04-2021, 05:12 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1411679837505347584

It seems like she’s just being selfish and looking out for herself only. I don’t see any racist intent behind what she said.

Not racist. But something she herself would absolutely find as racist. She said ESPN was looking to replace her with a POC simply because of a diversity push

3ba11
I love this forum

Gohan
screw color. Maria is hotter and younger. They are both equally woke, unnecessarily political but rachel is more fake....and again older and uglier.

Poor rachel. Slain with the same sword she swung around wildly during her espn tenure. So sorry rachel, it's been nice knowing you. Buhbuhbye!

and maria isnt ashy either she has nice lotioned legs and arms. Smelling like cinnamon everytime i walk by the tv

The Hick
07-04-2021, 05:14 PM
Put two "besties" in a room with a guy they're both attracted to and see what happens :lol

Threesome :pimp:

highwhey
07-04-2021, 05:21 PM
I mean she's an absolute shit "analyst", brings nothing of value to the network. nichols should have been gone a while ago.

the draft was the concrete evidence i needed to form any opinion i needed about her:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/bowigy/rachel_nichols_and_the_espn_crew_were_extremely/

I’m not sure if this has been posted by someone already, but I just wanted to say that the things they let Rachel Nichols and Woj say during the draft lottery were blatantly disrespectful to all of the teams, save for maybe the Knicks, to all of the other draft picks, and to the Pelicans. Not to mention the fact that everything they were saying was being blasted throughout the entire venue.

First off, there were over a dozen teams in attendance last night. The only one that they chose to talk about: the Knicks. They talked unbelievably liberally about Zion going to NY, as if they had already won it. However, as I doubt any of them realized, the Knicks had the same chance of obtaining the #1 pick as the Cavs and the Suns, the latter of which I don’t even think was mentioned once on the broadcast.

Then, there was Zion. Rachel Nichols kept referring to the #1 pick as “who gets Zion.” Every time she said that or mentioned the kid, the camera would cut to the embarrassed 18 y/o who was just there to see what team picks where. There is no guarantee that Zion will go #1 overall. It is very very likely, but not guaranteed. Not to mention that they did this in front of a large number of draft prospects in attendance. What does all of this coverage and press mean to them if it’s only going to Zion?

And finally, the Pelicans. Woj made every team’s case for a possible AD trade that night. Whenever a team with chances of getting a top 10 pick was mentioned, Woj had to slip in that they may be looking to use that pick as an “asset” to trade for AD. I’m honestly very happy the Pelicans won because the disrespect they were receiving the whole night was greatly trumped when they won the first pick.

Now I get all of these things are said ten times over on any other sports news broadcast. However, as I said, Rachel Nichols audio was blasted for everyone at the event to hear, including the draft prospects and team representatives. After watching this, I asked my dad if there was ever a time where the media would be able to speak this liberally about sports in front of all of those people. He said “no.”

EDIT: Apparently, there are rumors circulating that Rachel Nichols was drunk. Honestly...that’s not surprising

then there's that one segment where she absolutely trashes the Suns and suggests Booker should leave the dumpster fire. Now that they are in the finals she's acting like she's been a fan all along. i get the directors decide on the content, but she has the liberty of delivering this information with her own tone, and she's chosen to do it in the worst way possible. her arrogance has only grown since.

i can't imagine her being very popular with the ESPN audience, maybe her superiors wanted to seek someone more palatable to the demographics. :confusedshrug:

The Hick
07-04-2021, 05:37 PM
TMZ reporting that Maria is refusing to accept an apology from Nichols and not taking her calls. :lol

This might be the best thing that has ever happened to her financially. She's making 1mil a year. She turned down a contract offer of $5mil a year even though Nichols makes only $1.5mil/yr. Maria wants SAS money. She absolutely wasn't going to get until maybe now. ESPN can't afford the black eye of letting her go after this. She could sue them and win even more. :oldlol:

j3lademaster
07-04-2021, 05:59 PM
I mean she's an absolute shit "analyst", brings nothing of value to the network. nichols should have been gone a while ago.

the draft was the concrete evidence i needed to form any opinion i needed about her:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/bowigy/rachel_nichols_and_the_espn_crew_were_extremely/

then there's that one segment where she absolutely trashes the Suns and suggests Booker should leave the dumpster fire. Now that they are in the finals she's acting like she's been a fan all along. i get the directors decide on the content, but she has the liberty of delivering this information with her own tone, and she's chosen to do it in the worst way possible. her arrogance has only grown since.

i can't imagine her being very popular with the ESPN audience, maybe her superiors wanted to seek someone more palatable to the demographics. :confusedshrug:I never met one person who ever liked Rachel Nichols. You can take that for whatever it's worth, and yes it's purely anecdotal. But not one. In fact I've never heard of her name brought up without bashing her. She's unlikable.

Gohan
07-04-2021, 06:00 PM
i never met one person who ever liked rachel nichols. You can take that for whatever it's worth, and yes it's purely anecdotal. But not one. In fact i've never heard of her name brought up without bashing her. She's unlikable.

nba players like her imagine all the ***** she sucked in lockerooms

j3lademaster
07-04-2021, 06:01 PM
TMZ reporting that Maria is refusing to accept an apology from Nichols and not taking her calls. :lol

This might be the best thing that has ever happened to her financially. She's making 1mil a year. She turned down a contract offer of $5mil a year even though Nichols makes only $1.5mil/yr. Maria wants SAS money. She absolutely wasn't going to get until maybe now. ESPN can't afford the black eye of letting her go after this. She could sue them and win even more. :oldlol:Why not replace her with someone else of ethnic descent? What would she sue ESPN for?

j3lademaster
07-04-2021, 06:03 PM
nba players like her imagine all the ***** she sucked in lockeroomsi wouldn't be surprised if she has, but I'd imagine NBA players pull 10's whenever they want. What would they want with her?

DoctorP
07-04-2021, 06:07 PM
Nichols will be replaced soon. They all do.

Bronbron23
07-04-2021, 06:09 PM
Screw color. Maria is hotter and younger. They are both equally woke, unnecessarily political but Rachel is more fake....and again older and uglier.

Poor Rachel. Slain with the same sword she swung around wildly during her ESPN tenure. So sorry Rachel, it's been nice knowing you. BuhbuhBye!

Can't argue this maria is definitely way hotter and i like her personality better also. I don't know their credentials or education though and Rachel clearly has the edge in experience and has a better resume. I'm personally fine with taylor getting the gig over rn like i said i like her way better. All i was saying is what rachel said isn't all that bad.

GOBB
07-04-2021, 06:56 PM

Uncle Tom ass dude back at it again. I know I know get your so called background growing up out of the way in your reply. Clown

DoctorP
07-04-2021, 07:01 PM
The wheels are in motion. Kids don't want their basketball given to them by an old granny. Nichols will be gone.

Bronbron23
07-04-2021, 07:05 PM
Uncle Tom ass dude back at it again. I know I know get your so called background growing up out of the way in your reply. Clown

Typically ignorant ninja thinking everything is racial. That's the problem with race in our society. On one side u have a bunch of entitled ignorant rednecks and the other a bunch sensitive ignorant ninjas like you that think everything is racial. Everyone in between is cool. If we could just get rid of yall ignorant muthfakas everything would be gravy.

Shogon
07-04-2021, 07:23 PM
I love watching the left eat themselves in real time. It's so great.

The only downside is that, in a case like this, Rachel probably gets replaced by someone who is even further left. Lmao.

BTW has anyone tried watching any of the all female shit @ ESPN on YouTube or on ESPN itself? I don't care if I'm labeled a sexist... it's literally unbearable. I don't want to hear it.

Gohan
07-04-2021, 07:26 PM
little shogonny boy the left doesn't care, only the right does. should i hit you with the uppercut? don't make me wait little boy

Vino24
07-04-2021, 07:28 PM
Is Rachel still thicc?

Shogon
07-04-2021, 07:30 PM
Is Rachel still thicc?

Rachel hasn't been attractive for about 15+ years. She's almost 48 now lmao.

DoctorP
07-04-2021, 07:39 PM

The only downside is that, in a case like this, Rachel probably gets replaced by someone who is even further left. Lmao.

BTW has anyone tried watching any of the all female shit @ ESPN on YouTube or on ESPN itself? I don't care if I'm labeled a sexist... it's literally unbearable. I don't want to hear it.

Oh please, Rachel Nichols a leftist? Pffft

Im Still Ballin
07-04-2021, 07:48 PM
Woke, woke, woke your boat
Gently down the stream!
Merrily merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a dream!

GOBB
07-04-2021, 08:38 PM
Typically ignorant ninja thinking everything is racial. That's the problem with race in our society. On one side u have a bunch of entitled ignorant rednecks and the other a bunch sensitive ignorant ninjas like you that think everything is racial. Everyone in between is cool. If we could just get rid of yall ignorant muthfakas everything would be gravy.

You’re a sellout. Rachel (white women) is all about equality, woman’s rights blah blah until a woman of color is involved that has her advancing in the same field. Then all bets are off. You can’t be a white person out in the open all supportive, for the cause and behind close doors like hell to the naw.

“1. her laughing when the guy said “between MeToo movement & BLM, i have nothing left”
2. her saying Maria only got the job because of racial pity.
3. no one was outwardly punished except the black employees.”

But keep on uncle Tom.

Shogon
07-04-2021, 08:42 PM
You’re a sellout. Rachel (white women) is all about equality, woman’s rights blah blah until a woman of color is involved that has her advancing in the same field. Then all bets are off. You can’t be a white person out in the open all supportive, for the cause and behind close doors like hell to the naw.

“1. her laughing when the guy said “between MeToo movement & BLM, i have nothing left”

But keep in uncle Tom.

You're right about Rachel.

But that's only because... almost everyone only cares about benefiting themselves. This is why you often see people that vote left become staunch right supporters once they get money.

Most people that vote left aren't doing it out of some "we want everyone to benefit and for everyone to prosper" goodness in their heart. They're doing it because they're self serving hypocritical cognitive dissonance assholes. If they're down... they want someone to pick them up. Once they're up, they don't truly care about others being down.

Rachel doesn't care about anyone except Rachel... as is the case with most everyone.

guy
07-04-2021, 08:42 PM
Can't argue this maria is definitely way hotter and i like her personality better also. I don't know their credentials or education though and Rachel clearly has the edge in experience and has a better resume. I'm personally fine with taylor getting the gig over rn like i said i like her way better. All i was saying is what rachel said isn't all that bad.

Unless she has proof that Maria replacing her is due to diversity, it is kinda bad and basically implies she isn’t getting it due to merit. Of course, maybe that’s obvious, but unless you have proof you can’t say that and it’s going to piss people off.

Hey Yo
07-04-2021, 08:49 PM
LOL @ saying she was infuriated.

Gohan
07-04-2021, 08:54 PM
LOL @ saying she was infuriated.

dude she was just look at this clip from 3:19 and it shows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDcNykvhn_8

Hey Yo
07-04-2021, 08:58 PM

As far as credentials go... Nichols has a Journalism degree from Northwestern while Taylor forgot about AD with her votes for the All-defensive team.

Doubt Nichols would have forgotten about him.

coin24
07-04-2021, 09:30 PM

But keep on uncle Tom.

She doesn’t want to lose her gig just to please the darkie panderers.. shocking..

Stupid fu*ks like you are why the rest of the world laughs at America and your supposed race problems.
You idiots take the bait and make it worse for yourselves

ClipperRevival
07-04-2021, 09:46 PM
You're right about Rachel.

But that's only because... almost everyone only cares about benefiting themselves. This is why you often see people that vote left become staunch right supporters once they get money.

Most people that vote left aren't doing it out of some "we want everyone to benefit and for everyone to prosper" goodness in their heart. They're doing it because they're self serving hypocritical cognitive dissonance assholes. If they're down... they want someone to pick them up. Once they're up, they don't truly care about others being down.

Rachel doesn't care about anyone except Rachel... as is the case with most everyone.

100% agreed with everything.

I get it, if you're a poor person, you have every incentive to vote left. You get free sh*t and almost incentivized to be poor. Plus, the left keeps telling you you're a poor victim.

But once people start making some $$ and realize their taxes are just going to other people, they switch to Republican. Liberal views sound good in theory and in the classroom. Conservative views just make more sense as an adult to me in the real world.

ClipperRevival
07-04-2021, 09:49 PM

I love to see it too.

If you view the world in such a binary, absolute lens with no allowance for deviation, you will be struck down just as quickly by these same people once you deviate.

And yeah, regarding watching all of this BLM/woke BS, I honestly wouldn't watch these shows even if you paid me. I feel like they are poisoning my brain.

ClipperRevival
07-04-2021, 09:54 PM

But keep on uncle Tom.

You don't get it. A lot of non-blacks are just going along with all this woke BS because of fear of retribution. I think most people are utterly sick of all this woke sh*t being shoved down our throats. You can't scream out EVEYTHING is racism. Then it's like the boy who cried wolf. Once REAL racism happens, people aren't going to believe it.

ClipperRevival
07-04-2021, 09:57 PM
She doesn’t want to lose her gig just to please the darkie panderers.. shocking..

Stupid fu*ks like you are why the rest of the world laughs at America and your supposed race problems.
You idiots take the bait and make it worse for yourselves

Watch CNN and MSNBC and that's all they literally talk about. Liberals are the most racist people around because they split people up into groups based on their skin color. So you're either a victim or a perpetrator. No in-between. The MSM is so complicit in dividing this country even further.

Shogon
07-04-2021, 09:57 PM
100% agreed with everything.

I get it, if you're a poor person, you have every incentive to vote left. You get free sh*t and almost incentivized to be poor. Plus, the left keeps telling you you're a poor victim.

But once people start making some $$ and realize their taxes are just going to other people, they switch to Republican. Liberal views sound good in theory and in the classroom. Conservative views just make more sense as an adult to me in the real world.

Generally speaking, yes.

https://i.gifer.com/6qOI.gif

But definitely not always.

Conservatives get some shit WILDLY wrong.

But financially? They're closer to reality. Life isn't fair and it never will be. The government will never be some beacon of truth and justice to fix that fact either. It's literally impossible unless we have robot slaves that self repair and do literally everything or we can genetically modify humans pre/post birth and can cure all diseases, etc.

Life just isn't fair. And that's it.

ClipperRevival
07-04-2021, 10:01 PM
I just listened to the Lex Friedman podcast interviewing North Korean defector Yeonmi Park and even she said that after 4 years at Columbia University, every single class had messages of woke culture. EVERY SINGLE CLASS. If that isn't unbelievable how the woke mob is poisoning the youth's mind today, I don't know what is.

FKAri
07-04-2021, 10:03 PM

The left will tear itself apart because they are too divided and their platform is constantly trying to catch up to their pandering. The right is too busy pandering to people who refuse to accept the realities of the 21st century and they keep feeding them more lies. It's painful to watch on both sides.

Best time in history to throw a vote away to someone else.

Shogon
07-04-2021, 10:04 PM
I just listened to the Lex Friedman podcast interviewing North Korean defector Yeonmi Park and even she said that after 4 years at Columbia University, every single class had messages of woke culture. EVERY SINGLE CLASS. If that isn't unbelievable how the woke mob is poisoning the youth's mind today, I don't know what is.

The collapse of the US is inevitable. I'm beyond predicting when because I've come to realize I'm definitely not smart enough to say such things any longer. But if? Nah. Government continues to grow in size and influence. Recipe for disaster. The only remaining variable is time.

Bronbron23
07-04-2021, 10:06 PM

But keep on uncle Tom.

I know your an ignorant nucka but just try to understand that there's a difference between racial equality and handouts due to affirmative action . Equality would be maria taylor earning her nba finals spot based on merit. A handout due to affirmative action is maria getting that spot simply because she's black. White people have no right at all to be upset about black people being given equal opportunity. They do however have a right to be upset about blacks being given jobs over them because of the color of their skin especially if the black person isn't as qualified.

Can your ignorant uneducated ass really not understand a white person wanting blacks to have equal opportunities but at the same time not wanting them taking their shit just because they're black? Are you really that stupid?

Shogon
07-04-2021, 10:06 PM
The left will tear itself apart because they are too divided and their platform is constantly trying to catch up to their pandering. The right is too busy pandering to people who refuse to accept the realities of the 21st century and they keep feeding them more lies. It's painful to watch on both sides.

Agreed.

ClipperRevival
07-04-2021, 10:10 PM
The collapse of the US is inevitable. I'm beyond predicting when because I've come to realize I'm definitely not smart enough to say such things any longer. But if? Nah. Government continues to grow in size and influence. Recipe for disaster. The only remaining variable is time.

Yup, we're done. China will overtake us in less than 50 years for sure. But the MSM is so complicit in all this too. They literally add fuel to the fire by further dividing up this country with their divisive news reporting. Shame on them.

Shogon
07-04-2021, 10:16 PM
Yup, we're done. China will overtake us in less than 50 years for sure. But the MSM is so complicit in all this too. They literally add fuel to the fire by further dividing up this country with their divisive news reporting. Shame on them.

Morally speaking they couldn't give a shit about us whatsoever... some people will call this amoral. I call this evil, but whatever.

In any event, main stream media has gotten progressively worse because... they have had to. If they want to stay in business, they have to push clickbait headlines, create narratives that don't represent reality, and anything else they can to get people's attention which means... playing on their emotions. Truth be damned.

Gotta get those clicks and capture those eyeballs.

And they have to do this because the internet has brought such an enormous wave of information to everyone's fingertips that their eyes can switch targets in a heartbeat.

Gone are the days of going to the news stand and only getting 1 or 2 news sources and 3 or 4 channels on TV.

The internet in conjunction with smartphones has completely eradicated any sense of integrity with news reporting.

Norcaliblunt
07-04-2021, 10:28 PM
Isn’t the mainstream media just a bunch of private companies?

GOBB
07-04-2021, 10:36 PM
You don't get it. A lot of non-blacks are just going along with all this woke BS because of fear of retribution. I think most people are utterly sick of all this woke sh*t being shoved down our throats. You can't scream out EVEYTHING is racism. Then it's like the boy who cried wolf. Once REAL racism happens, people aren't going to believe it.

No you don’t get it. Rachel is not in jeopardy of losing her job. The chick was mad because she didn’t get to host a big stage finals. She felt she deserved or was promised it. That’s fine. Her comments totally contradict her fake ass woman’s right, woman’s equality, let’s go diversity image she portrayed in the media. You can’t be us women need to stick up I. A predominantly male dominated industry then be like “oh hell naw not that chick. Oh I see she got that pity race promotion.”. Rachel sounds like posters here. Tpols, the idiot coin who just replied.

I’m sorry but you clearly don’t get it because maybe you can’t relate or comprehend the main issue? You do realize other ESPN folks are lookin at Rachel sideways now. And some are white. And I’m not even sure Maria is getting her contract renewed by ESPN. Whether that’s mutual or ESPN going a different direction. Not sure. Rachel job is secured. I mean she has family in the industry. Go figure. There’s a reason why Cari Champion left.

Im Still Ballin
07-04-2021, 10:38 PM
Waiting to see what my guy Chris has to say about this. Seems right up his alley.

Any minute now...

GOBB
07-04-2021, 10:44 PM
I know your an ignorant nucka but just try to understand that there's a difference between racial equality and handouts due to affirmative action . Equality would be maria taylor earning her nba finals spot based on merit. A handout due to affirmative action is maria getting that spot simply because she's black. White people have no right at all to be upset about black people being given equal opportunity. They do however have a right to be upset about blacks being given jobs over them because of the color of their skin especially if the black person isn't as qualified.

Can your ignorant uneducated ass really not understand a white person wanting blacks to have equal opportunities but at the same time not wanting them taking their shit just because they're black? Are you really that stupid?

You’re an Uncle Tom. There’s no reasoning with your kind. You’re the type of guy to laugh at racial jokes told by white coworkers because “hey it is kinda true ha ha ha ha”. Then are clueless they are cracking inside jokes about you as you continuously agree with them like a jackass.

I don’t expect this message board of white dudes trying to understand. Especially males when it comes to woman of color. You’re no different than Rachel who in public act one way then in private contradict their every being. Here is the private sector. You got dudes that can talk that shit because it’s anonymous. There’s no consequence. But the thing is majority here wouldn’t express themselves in public under any setting how they do here. You guys say all these underlying racial tones like Phil jacksons here but be locking arms fighting for the cause. Shits weird.

Can’t cry for diversity and woman equality then when it goes into effect say “wait not now. My white privilege hello?’

Gohan
07-04-2021, 10:51 PM
little Gobbie boy seems to be owning these white sheet wearing posters. ill jump in if it gets too hectic

Shogon
07-04-2021, 10:58 PM
You’re an Uncle Tom. There’s no reasoning with your kind. You’re the type of guy to laugh at racial jokes told by white coworkers because “hey it is kinda true ha ha ha ha”. Then are clueless they are cracking inside jokes about you as you continuously agree with them like a jackass.

I don’t expect this message board of white dudes trying to understand. Especially males when it comes to woman of color. You’re no different than Rachel who in public act one way then in private contradict their every being. Here is the private sector. You got dudes that can talk that shit because it’s anonymous. There’s no consequence. But the thing is majority here wouldn’t express themselves in public under any setting how they do here. You guys say all these underlying racial tones like Phil jacksons here but be locking arms fighting for the cause. Shits weird.

Can’t cry for diversity and woman equality then when it goes into effect say “wait not now. My white privilege hello?’

Please save us the ****ing moral high ground bullshit.

You only "care" about these "causes" because you perceive yourself and your race as disadvantaged. You don't actually give a **** about anyone else just like the rest of us don't.

It is human nature. Every single action that humans do 100% of the time is for selfish purposes. There is no end of self.

I don't care if someone rushes into a burning building and gives their life for someone else. It was still done with a sense of self. They would rather that outcome than the outcome of them walking away.

Bronbron23
07-04-2021, 10:59 PM
No you don’t get it. Rachel is not in jeopardy of losing her job. The chick was mad because she didn’t get to host a big stage finals. She felt she deserved or was promised it. That’s fine. Her comments totally contradict her fake ass woman’s right, woman’s equality, let’s go diversity image she portrayed in the media. You can’t be us women need to stick up I. A predominantly male dominated industry then be like “oh hell naw not that chick. Oh I see she got that pity race promotion.”. Rachel sounds like posters here. Tpols, the idiot coin who just replied.

I’m sorry but you clearly don’t get it because maybe you can’t relate or comprehend the main issue? You do realize other ESPN folks are lookin at Rachel sideways now. And some are white. And I’m not even sure Maria is getting her contract renewed by ESPN. Whether that’s mutual or ESPN going a different direction. Not sure. Rachel job is secured. I mean she has family in the industry. Go figure. There’s a reason why Cari Champion left.

No it dosnt you stupid idiot. It just makes her human dumbass. Where i live aboriginal people are treated worse than black people who themselves aren't always treated fairly. I feel bad and wish they were treated more fairly. That said if there was a job i was going for and a native person less qualified got it i'd feel a certain way about it. Even if they were as or more qualified and got it i still might be bitter and assume they only got it because they were aboriginal. That dosn't make me racist towards aboriginals. It just makes me a bitter ass who's hating because i didn't get the job.

Black people clearly still face racism to this day but everytime a white person says something about a black person it's not necessarily racism. Stop acting like a sensitive little bitch dude.

Shogon
07-04-2021, 11:03 PM
BTW anyone that wants to disagree with me about mass media or smartphones etc and where this shit all started...

https://i.postimg.cc/j5cZ7GF7/racism.jpg

Literally lick my balls.

People act like the world has gotten so much worse when in reality it's just a bunch of self inflicted bullshit because of the advent of smartphones.

You "woke" people are actually just a bunch of brain dead idiots.

RRR3
07-04-2021, 11:06 PM
Never seen a stupid person so convinced they’re smart like Shogon. Truly fascinating stuff.

Shogon
07-04-2021, 11:07 PM
Never seen a stupid person so convinced they’re smart like Shogon. Truly fascinating stuff.

Yes, I am infinitely more stupid than you and infinitely more ignorant of how the world works. Yep.

Bronbron23
07-04-2021, 11:08 PM

Nah fakkit if a white dude told a black joke i'd punch his face off just like i'd do to you for calling me an uncle tom if i ever saw u.

And u can absolutely cry diversity while at the same time be upset when a less qualified black person takes an opportunity away from you. Again i don't know if that's the case here or not. Either rachel is racist and it's just showing it now or she isn't racist and she's just upset that someone took an opportunity from her that didn't deserve it. Not saying it's one or the other just saying we don't really know.

Proctor
07-04-2021, 11:13 PM
Most, if not all, of what he said is true.

highwhey
07-04-2021, 11:14 PM
ya'll getting real heated over a GARBAGE analyst on a GARBAGE network.

inside the nba segment>>>ESPN as a whole

and that's just a segment with a couple of knuckleheads that don't really discuss basketball lol

highwhey
07-04-2021, 11:16 PM
the other day i hopped on the elliptical (yes i workout), tuned into ESPN bc it's ether that or one of the shitty shows on during the day..it was about 7 minutes of pure commercials before they actually showed PTI :facepalm

SATAN
07-04-2021, 11:17 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?485808-I%E2%80%99m-in-love-with-Rachel-Nichols

ClipperRevival
07-04-2021, 11:19 PM

Bro, you literally said nothing.

Really? People are selfish? No, GTFO of here.

You are the one out of touch with reality because the MSM has made you believe all people are all in on this woke BS and when you see most people aren't, you're bothered by it. Well, tough luck buddy. Welcome to the real world.

highwhey
07-04-2021, 11:20 PM
see, if it was kristen lowe i would allow the heated exchange...it would be understandable and warranted

https://cdn.talkingpointsmemo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/bfxq6prwgpnyfmtogiti.jpg

ClipperRevival
07-04-2021, 11:22 PM
Morally speaking they couldn't give a shit about us whatsoever... some people will call this amoral. I call this evil, but whatever.

In any event, main stream media has gotten progressively worse because... they have had to. If they want to stay in business, they have to push clickbait headlines, create narratives that don't represent reality, and anything else they can to get people's attention which means... playing on their emotions. Truth be damned.

Gotta get those clicks and capture those eyeballs.

And they have to do this because the internet has brought such an enormous wave of information to everyone's fingertips that their eyes can switch targets in a heartbeat.

Gone are the days of going to the news stand and only getting 1 or 2 news sources and 3 or 4 channels on TV.

The internet in conjunction with smartphones has completely eradicated any sense of integrity with news reporting.

Yup, pure survival mode. So they go even further left to hang on to the hard-core liberals.

RRR3
07-04-2021, 11:23 PM
Most, if not all, of what he said is true.
Nah. Complaining about smartphones while being a rabid capitalist is certainly out there. Him implying black people aren’t disadvantaged in America is literally insane too.

RRR3
07-04-2021, 11:24 PM
Yes, I am infinitely more stupid than you and infinitely more ignorant of how the world works. Yep.
Unironically yes.

ClipperRevival
07-04-2021, 11:27 PM
Nah. Complaining about smartphones while being a rabid capitalist is certainly out there. Him implying black people aren’t disadvantaged in America is literally insane too.

And you have completely bought into the liberal agenda. Capitalism=bad. Black people=victims. Corporations=Greedy.

So simple. Congrats. :applause:

No, please don't try to explain yourself, I honestly don't care.

RRR3
07-04-2021, 11:29 PM
And you have completely bought into the liberal agenda. Capitalism=bad. Black people=victims. Corporations=Greedy.

So simple. Congrats. :applause:

No, please don't try to explain yourself, I honestly don't care.
Liberals are capitalists. Are you retarded?

Shogon
07-04-2021, 11:32 PM

1) I was talking about his perception of black people being disadvantaged. I was not talking about the reality or non-reality of black people being disadvantaged.

2) It's on us to adapt. Smartphones aren't going away nor am I suggesting that they should be thrown in the trash, though that's arguable because it's going to be a long ****ing time until people adapt.

3) You are literally the most woke piece of shit on the entire forum that wants the government to control as much as possible financially. And you're constantly talking about social justice and etc while literally posting on this board with equipment that was literally built via slave labor. You are the most unaware and hypocritical and unaware person on the entire board. Your world view is childlike and you haven't the faintest idea about life. You're desperately searching because you are lost. And for that I am sorry, but it's not my fault. Shut the **** up.

RRR3
07-04-2021, 11:34 PM
1) I was talking about his perception of black people being disadvantaged. I was not talking about the reality or non-reality of black people being disadvantaged.

2) It's on us to adapt. Smartphones aren't going away nor am I suggesting that they should be thrown in the trash, though that's arguable because it's going to be a long ****ing time until people adapt.

3) You are literally the most woke piece of shit on the entire forum that wants the government to control as much as possible financially. And you're constantly talking about social justice and etc while literally posting on this board with equipment that was literally built via slave labor. You are the most unaware and hypocritical and unaware person on the entire board. Your world view is childlike and you haven't the faintest idea about life.
I literally don’t want a government at all. You should probably know someone’s politics before going on one of your patented meltdowns.

GOBB
07-04-2021, 11:35 PM
Please save us the ****ing moral high ground bullshit.

You only "care" about these "causes" because you perceive yourself and your race as disadvantaged. You don't actually give a **** about anyone else just like the rest of us don't.

It is human nature. Every single action that humans do 100% of the time is for selfish purposes. There is no end of self.

I don't care if someone rushes into a burning building and gives their life for someone else. It was still done with a sense of self. They would rather that outcome than the outcome of them walking away.

You’re a f*cking weirdo. The fact you don’t care someone gave their life to save another or others in a burning building is what’s really wrong with society. Sad you can walk past something like that so you can get home to see who replied to your comment here is disturbing. Somewhere in your life you were neglected hugs. You should probably grow a pair and have some kids. Might change your outlook. Unless you were neutered which is why you’re so careless.

Shogon
07-04-2021, 11:36 PM
I literally don’t want a government at all. You should probably know someone’s politics before going on one of your patented meltdowns.

You don't want government but you've screamed about how AOC is a champion of the people countless times and the only person in DC that cares about us etc?

Congrats, your world view has evolved. Sorry that I do not keep up with your every new thought.

Shogon
07-04-2021, 11:38 PM
You’re a f*cking weirdo. The fact you don’t care someone gave their life to save another or others in a burning building is what’s really wrong with society. Sad you can walk past something like that so you can get home to see who replied to your comment here is disturbing. Somewhere in your life you were neglected hugs. You should probably grow a pair and have some kids. Might change your outlook. Unless you were neutered which is why you’re so careless.

You're missing what I'm saying.

Let's say a dad saves their kid by pushing them out of the way of an oncoming car. Clearly, the dad wants the kid to live more than he wants himself to live. On a very surface level world view, that was a completely selfless act where the dad gave his life. But the reality of the situation is that is the dad's preference, when he has clearly been forced into such a choice. There is no end to acts of self.

I never said anything about me caring or not caring about someone giving their life to save another. That has nothing to do with any point I'm making.

RRR3
07-04-2021, 11:38 PM
You don't want government but you've screamed about how AOC is a champion of the people countless times and the only person in DC that cares about us etc?

Congrats, your world view has evolved. Sorry that I do not keep up with your every new thought.
I said she’s one of the best politicians in Washington and she is. Doesn’t make her good because no politicians are good. I’ve been an anarchist for a while, all of the USSR stuff is trolling you idiots.

ClipperRevival
07-04-2021, 11:39 PM

Bro, you're still not saying nothing objective. Just your opinions on how people should act and what is fair and isn't. Gees, how about you talk about something of substance instead of whining?

ClipperRevival
07-04-2021, 11:41 PM
I said she’s one of the best politicians in Washington and she is. Doesn’t make her good because no politicians are good. I’ve been an anarchist for a while, all of the USSR stuff is trolling you idiots.

AOC wants to create a near complete socialist government. That is the DEFINITION of complete government power.

RRR3
07-04-2021, 11:42 PM
AOC wants to create a near complete socialist government. That is the DEFINITION of complete government power.
You are truly stupid. AOC isn’t even a socialist btw. Don’t care what she says.

ClipperRevival
07-04-2021, 11:43 PM
You are truly stupid. AOC isn’t even a socialist btw. Don’t care what she says.

Creating policies where the govt controls more of your life IS leading to socialism. Holy molly bro.

elementally morale
07-04-2021, 11:44 PM
There is no end of self.

I'd say there is primary first interest and secondary first interest.

No end of self, sure. Still, there is a difference. If someone is sacrificing his/her life to save others and all the self interest is 'moral' that's a lot different than someone else shooting you in the head to steal your car, also self interest. However, one is primary (I want that car) and one is secondary I want to be remembered because I saved people.

So not all self interests are the same.

Or if in your eyes all of them are then there is absolutely no right or wrong in the world. Just actions and shit happening. This is not a bad take afte all but if you believe this then you shouldn't be judging people (aka: msm) for them being as you call it, evil. Choose one.

GOBB
07-04-2021, 11:44 PM
Bro, you literally said nothing.

Really? People are selfish? No, GTFO of here.

You are the one out of touch with reality because the MSM has made you believe all people are all in on this woke BS and when you see most people aren't, you're bothered by it. Well, tough luck buddy. Welcome to the real world.

What are you babbling about idiot? Who believed any of that? If anything it’s confirmation. I’m just laughing at clowns in this thread defending Rachel. How you can’t see that is beyond me. I deal with the real world and know how to handle it. You run to the net to poke your chest out and flex. Offline in the “real world” you’re p*ssy and passive. Your real cordial around non whites. I don’t see why you can’t be consistent with how you are offline with online. Shame.

Why am I bothered when I’m addressing and laughing at idiots in this thread for defending Rachel private nonsense? Weirdo.

Bronbron23
07-04-2021, 11:46 PM
Bro, you're still not saying nothing objective. Just your opinions on how people should act and what is fair and isn't. Gees, how about you talk about something of substance instead of whining?

He can't help it. He's what we call on the streets a bitch ass nucka

The Hick
And I’m not even sure Maria is getting her contract renewed by ESPN. Whether that’s mutual or ESPN going a different direction. Not sure. Rachel job is secured. I mean she has family in the industry. Go figure.

She's done bruh. Stick a fork in her.

The only reason she's still with ESPN is because she's cheap. Take a look at the salaries other ESPN women were getting

Maria Taylor offered 5 million
Linda Cohn gets 3 million
Suzy Kolber gets 3 million
Michele Beadle was getting 5 million before she left
Even Jemele Hill was getting over 2 million

All those women probably have less of a profile with ESPN than Rachel Nichols too. They probably wanted to start phasing her out a long time ago but she was willing to work for less than 1/2 to 1/3 of what the other women were getting

RRR3
I do have to say Gobb is 100% right in that none of you would dare say the borderline Nazi shit (and for a few posters it’s not even borderline tbh) anywhere near a black person IRL. Funny to see cowards act tough online.

Im Still Ballin
07-04-2021, 11:50 PM
Shogon sounding like a teenager who just read 'Atlas Shrugged.'

RRR3
07-04-2021, 11:51 PM
Shogon sounding like a teenager who just read 'Atlas Shrugged.'
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Shogon
07-04-2021, 11:53 PM

AOC is one of the most opportunistic people in DC that puts on a show like very few others. lol.

She has no understanding of the real world, economics or how to run a business so it's not surprise that he would gravitate that way. She only looks at the world from the perspective of the lower class and she does not have a handle on the fact that life isn't fair.

She wants to take the power away from businesses and thus grow the influence of government. But guess what?! Our particular government, as it grows, actually helps the richest elites grow their power even more because they just buy the government officials!

elementally morale
07-04-2021, 11:54 PM
Well, I live in Europe, Hungary. There aren't many black people here but but we have our minority in gypisies. (Most jews were killed 75+ years ago.) The romani people (gypisies) are generally hated here but there is not much about it in the press. Most of them are poor, uneducated a high proportion is in prisons etc.

And guess what?

We also have all this black/white race talk in our media. Plus the Christian-Muslim talk. (There are literally no Muslims in Hungary.)

About our real problems? Not much if anything. About race? Races you can't even find in traces here? Lots of talk.

Seems artificial af. It picked up 10-12 years ago but is at a whole different level in the last 2-3 years. Interesting.

RRR3
07-04-2021, 11:56 PM
AOC is one of the most opportunistic people in DC that puts on a show like very few others. lol.

She has no understanding of the real world, economics or how to run a business so it's not surprise that he would gravitate that way. She only looks at the world from the perspective of the lower class and she does not have a handle on the fact that life isn't fair.

She wants to take the power away from businesses and thus grow the influence of government. But guess what?! Our particular government, as it grows, actually helps the richest elites grow their power even more because they just buy the government officials!
Every politician is opportunistic. People like AOC who are at least willing to talk about the biggest issues should be placed at the top of the pile, though, which is admittedly a pile of shit.

You call say she doesn’t understand economics and yet you’re under the delusion capitalism can be libertarian. :yaohappy:

dreamshake
07-04-2021, 11:58 PM
ISH where race baiting happens 24/7

The Hick
Well, I live in Europe, Hungary. There aren't many black people here but but we have our minority in gypisies. (Most jews were killed 75+ years ago.) The romani people (gypisies) are generally hated here but there is not much about it in the press. Most of them are poor, uneducated a high proportion is in prisons etc.

And guess what?

We also have all this black/white race talk in our media. Plus the Christian-Muslim talk. (There are literally no Muslims in Hungary.)

About our real problems? Not much if anything. About race? Races you can't even find in traces here? Lots of talk.

I've never been there, but your brochure looks nice :cheers:

ClipperRevival

The bolded is the scariest part about someone like AOC. Just listening to her talk for a few minutes, you realize she's not the brightest tool. But her message obviously appeals to the lower class because she wants the govt to take care of more of their daily needs. Nice in thoery, terrible move on reality.

Shogon
07-04-2021, 11:59 PM
I'd say there is primary first interest and secondary first interest.

No end of self, sure. Still, there is a difference. If someone is sacrificing his/her life to save others and all the self interest is 'moral' that's a lot different than someone else shooting you in the head to steal your car, also self interest. However, one is primary (I want that car) and one is secondary I want to be remembered because I saved people.

I don't think there is a difference. It's just how we perceive it. I agree, one is causing suffering and the other is not. But I find that to be immaterial, at the core. At the end of the day, the core motivating factor is self.

So not all self interests are the same.

They are. They impact others differently, obviously, but that has nothing to do with the motivation. People always do what they think is "right." If someone steals a loaf of bread to feed their kid, they did it because they thought it was the overall right thing to do.

Or if in your eyes all of them are then there is absolutely no right or wrong in the world. Just actions and shit happening.

That's about the size of it. There is no free will in the way that we often perceive it. Just cause and effect. The world playing out in the only way it was ever going to. Beyond our understanding.

his is not a bad take afte all but if you believe this then you shouldn't be judging people (aka: msm) for them being as you call it, evil. Choose one.

Fair point. You're right. Inner conflict still exists. My emotional intelligence is low.

RRR3
07-05-2021, 12:00 AM
Really incredible to see the complete inability to grasp nuance that is demonstrated daily on this site. Cynically supporting people like Bernie and AOC as a matter of harm reduction doesn’t mean I like their politics at all. I don’t. Their politics suck ass.

Im Still Ballin
07-05-2021, 12:01 AM
God damnit. It's 9PM PST -- where the hell is my boy Chris Cringle at?

RRR3
07-05-2021, 12:01 AM
Creating policies where the govt controls more of your life IS leading to socialism. Holy molly bro.
Holy ****ing shit. Imagine being this retarded.

Socialism literally just means a worker controlled economy you goddamn moron.

You also are stupid enough to think liberals are anti-capitalist. Learn definitions PLEASE.

Shogon
07-05-2021, 12:04 AM
Really incredible to see the complete inability to grasp nuance that is demonstrated daily on this site. Cynically supporting people like Bernie and AOC as a matter of harm reduction doesn’t mean I like their politics at all. I don’t. Their politics suck ass.

Good ole Bernie.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/834228/bernie-sanders-says-millionaire-like-write-bestselling-book

Literally can't even see the major hypocrisy between his own actions and his entire life's work. Ha. :D

RRR3
07-05-2021, 12:04 AM
Good ole Bernie.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/834228/bernie-sanders-says-millionaire-like-write-bestselling-book

Literally can't even see the major hypocrisy between his own actions and his entire life's work. Ha. :D
Bernie has never advocated abolishing capitalism since running for office. I fail to see the hypocrisy.

What Bernie and AOC are trying to do is save capitalism from itself tbh. They are trying to replicate the Nordic model, which by all measures is the most successful of existing nations.

GOBB
07-05-2021, 12:05 AM
She's done bruh. Stick a fork in her.

The only reason she's still with ESPN is because she's cheap. Take a look at the salaries other ESPN women were getting

Maria Taylor offered 5 million
Linda Cohn gets 3 million
Suzy Kolber gets 3 million
Michele Beadle was getting 5 million before she left
Even Jemele Hill was getting over 2 million

All those women probably have less of a profile with ESPN than Rachel Nichols too. They probably wanted to start phasing her out a long time ago but she was willing to work for less than 1/2 to 1/3 of what the other women were getting

You do know Maria might not sign with ESPN after her deal because the $5mil they offered was cut in half now? That’s the word on the street about her contract situation. They offered $5mil back then she wanted more. Now they only offering 1/2 plus the Rachel drama.

Show me where Rachel is done. She’s white. She has family within Disney (higher ups allegeldy). Wouldn’t stick a fork in her just yet.

GOBB
07-05-2021, 12:07 AM
I do have to say Gobb is 100% right in that none of you would dare say the borderline Nazi shit (and for a few posters it’s not even borderline tbh) anywhere near a black person IRL. Funny to see cowards act tough online.

It’s weird to me. I’ll never understand it.

Shogon
Bernie has never advocated abolishing capitalism since running for office. I fail to see the hypocrisy.

What Bernie and AOC are trying to do is save capitalism from itself tbh. They are trying to replicate the Nordic model, which by all measures is the most successful of existing nations.

You want to know the good news? You and I won't live to see it but there's this little thing called Bitcoin that is ultimately going to abolish governments worldwide, given long enough of a timeline.

Proctor
Nope, and that's one of the critical issues and something I've heard you say before. A neanderthal can click a few buttons on their smartphone and blast their uninformed, useless, divisive opinions to any crowd small or large with less effort than it takes to wipe their own ass. Nobody should give a **** what you believe, what I believe, what any of the guys above in this thread believe. Just like I don't give a **** what someone sexually or racially identifies as. It's irrelevant.

elementally morale
07-05-2021, 12:08 AM
I don't think there is a difference. It's just how we perceive it. I agree, one is causing suffering and the other is not. But I find that to be immaterial, at the core. At the end of the day, the core motivating factor is self.

As people are individuals and treated as such in western (so-called) democracies, the core motivating factor cannot really be anything else than self interest. (Or group interest if you go East.) So far so good... but it doesn't add too much to the conversation. Everything is self-interest motivated in a way. Sure.

The question is: is there any difference between different kinds of self interests? Or there are no different kinds? All of them are the same?

In theory it's easy to say all of them are the same. On some philosophical level, you may argue that. Even mathematically you could.

However.... it is YOUR self interest to survive a fire. So if someone else's self interest is to save you from that very fire then your self interests align. And it is good for you as you are not dead. So no, not all self interest are the same. The ones that help (or at least don't hurt) other people's self interests are considered less worse or not bad at all.

What you say there being no difference sounds smart and in theory it is. But as far as your own interests are concerned I doubt it to be true.

RRR3
07-05-2021, 12:08 AM
You want to know the good news? You and I won't live to see it but there's this little thing called Bitcoin that is ultimately going to abolish governments worldwide, given long enough of a timeline.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EpWkVDtUUAAxNPa.jpg

Figured you’d have no coherent response to that. Your type never does once you realize I’m not a liberal and actually know what I’m talking about. I’m quite sure you and I have many similar feelings on liberals tbh. Well I try to have sympathy for them because I was one for most of my life.

Stanley Kobrick
07-05-2021, 12:10 AM
should probably hodl off on opinions until all the facts come out

RRR3
07-05-2021, 12:10 AM
Nope, and that's one of the critical issues and something I've heard you say before. A neanderthal can click a few buttons on their smartphone and blast their uninformed, useless, divisive opinions to any crowd small or large with less effort than it takes to wipe their own ass. Nobody should give a **** what you believe, what I believe, what any of the guys above in this thread believe. Just like I don't give a **** what someone sexually or racially identifies as. It's irrelevant.
He doesn’t have to know my politics but he should know my politics before accusing me of having politics very different from the ones I have. I detest the Soviet model, despite what my trolling led many to believe. Lenin was a disaster for the world and it’s thanks to him no one understands the words socialism and communism.

iamgine
07-05-2021, 12:11 AM
Is this controversial because she's assuming things that might not be true (That she's being asked to step aside because ESPN wanted the racial PR)?

Or is it because she won't give her position for "the black cause" that she claimed to support, which is therefore seen as hypocritical?

RRR3
07-05-2021, 12:12 AM
Is this controversial because she's assuming things that might not be true (That she's being asked to step aside because ESPN wanted the racial PR)?

Or is it because she won't give her position for "the black cause" that she claimed to support, which is therefore seen as hypocritical?
Second one.

Shogon
07-05-2021, 12:13 AM

Figured you’d have no coherent response to that. Your type never does once you realize I’m not a liberal and actually know what I’m talking about. I’m quite sure you and I have many similar feelings on liberals tbh. Well I try to have sympathy for them because I was one for most of my life.

How do governments derive their power from people? Two ways.. the control of the money supply and threat of force. The threat of force goes away when they can't pay people to carry out said force because they don't control the money supply.

MaxPlayer
07-05-2021, 12:14 AM
Lenin was a disaster for the world and it’s thanks to him everyone understands the words socialism and communism.

fixed

RRR3
07-05-2021, 12:16 AM
How do governments derive their power from people? Two ways.. the control of the money supply and threat of force. The threat of force goes away when they can't pay people to carry out said force because they don't control the money supply.
I’m aware how governments work, it’s why I’m an anarchist. That said unless you have a super secret plan to actually establish true anarchy worldwide, we’re going to have to deal with governments. Idk about you but I’d prefer the governments at least provide basic shit for people if they have to exist.

MadDog

and that's just a segment with a couple of knuckleheads that don't really discuss basketball lol

Right. TNT is actual, legit NBA coverage with REAL opinions. Even they've become PC, though, with producers censoring Chuck. When he's gone, NBA production goes down the toilet.

RRR3
fixed
Lenin literally bastardized Marx (not that I agree with Marx either). You are just proving you’re historically ignorant.

Shogon
07-05-2021, 12:18 AM
The question is: is there any difference between different kinds of self interests? Or there are no different kinds? All of them are the same?

Again, on a surface level, of course there is. But at the core I don't think so. It just seems so blatantly obvious.

The fact that self interests are considered less worse or not bad at all is again just surface level semantics.

What are good and bad anyways? Evolutionary constructs to further the species, no?

MaxPlayer
07-05-2021, 12:19 AM
Lenin literally bastardized Marx (not that I agree with Marx either). You are just proving you’re historically ignorant.

Because the only way to implement Marxism in practice is violent revolution. The capitalists aren't just going to give away the means of production because the proletariat absorbed some shoddy economics and class theory.

Shogon
07-05-2021, 12:20 AM
I’m aware how governments work, it’s why I’m an anarchist. That said unless you have a super secret plan to actually establish true anarchy worldwide, we’re going to have to deal with governments. Idk about you but I’d prefer the governments at least provide basic shit for people if they have to exist.

Well, ok, but you know that nobody can ban Bitcoin, right? You know how decentralized systems work, right? The technology is still growing and the infrastructure is obviously not there for worldwide adoption, but what happens when the public at large wakes up to the fact that inflation is silently robbing them, keeping them oppressed and widening the gap between the elites and everyone else?

BTW, these governments will certainly stop the progressive takeover of Bitcoin for a time. It is undoubtedly true when they realize the full reaching implications that there will be massive roadblocks if not outright bans in an attempt to hold onto power.

But time. Time is the answer.

It will work itself out beyond our lifetimes.

RRR3
07-05-2021, 12:21 AM
Well, ok, but you know that nobody can ban Bitcoin, right? You know how decentralized systems work, right? The technology is still growing and the infrastructure is obviously not there for worldwide adoption, but what happens when the public at large wakes up to the fact that inflation is silently robbing them, keeping them oppressed and widening the gap between the elites and everyone else?

It will work itself out beyond our lifetimes.
“Bitcoin will save us all Bro”

elementally morale
07-05-2021, 12:22 AM
Again, on a surface level, of course there is. But at the core I don't think so. It just seems so blatantly obvious.

Not so obvious.

My question was: is there a difference for YOU?

1) Someone shoots you in the head and steals your car. Self interest.
2) Someone saves your life any dies in the process. Self interest.

You can argue technically that it's just some minor, superficial difference. In both cases person is dead. The car has a new user and the house is rebuilt. So on a societal level you still may argue no difference,

How about you? Could you please choose one self interest over the other for me as far as the outcome you prefer is considered? Still no difference?

Shogon
07-05-2021, 12:23 AM
“Bitcoin will save us all Bro”

You claim to understand how governments work via the money supply and the threat of force. So there's that. Apparently you just don't understand Bitcoin. Which to be fair, I'm not even sure the people that are working on improving the protocol on a daily basis understand the full reaching implications, as none of us do.

But back to the point... what the **** works do you want me to cite? Do you want me to write a thesis on Bitcoin? FOH. www.google.com

The Hick
07-05-2021, 12:25 AM
You do know Maria might not sign with ESPN after her deal because the $5mil they offered was cut in half now? That’s the word on the street about her contract situation. They offered $5mil back then she wanted more. Now they only offering 1/2 plus the Rachel drama.

Show me where Rachel is done. She’s white. She has family within Disney (higher ups allegeldy). Wouldn’t stick a fork in her just yet.

Maria's is signing with ESPN and she's about to get paid a minimum of $5 million after all this Rachel drama. Book it.

How is being white helpful these days in keeping a job a better qualified POC is waiting in the wings for? How is being white helpful for ANYTHING these days except getting on Team USA basketball or drawing big pay per views fighting a black opponent.

guy
07-05-2021, 12:25 AM
Second one.

Actually I’m pretty sure it’s the first. There’s no proof that Taylor got that position based off race vs merit so Nichols making the assumption thats it cause of race understandably pisses a lot of people off. I feel like if it was confirmed that it was definitely due to race then people wouldn’t have as much of a problem with her reaction.

Shogon
07-05-2021, 12:26 AM
Not so obvious.

My question was: is there a difference for YOU?

1) Someone shoots you in the head and steals your car. Self interest.
2) Someone saves your life any dies in the process. Self interest.

You can argue technically that it's just some minor, superficial difference. In both cases person is dead. The car has a new user and the house is rebuilt. So on a societal level you still may argue no difference,

How about you? Could you please choose one self interest over the other for me as far as the outcome you prefer is considered? Still no difference?

Of course there's a difference for me, because I'm operating on self interest. My self interest is for them to not shoot me and for me to live. Maybe I'm just too daft but I'm not exactly getting what you're putting down.

It does seem rather obviously the same at the core.

RRR3
You claim to understand how governments work via the money supply and the threat of force. So there's that. Apparently you just don't understand Bitcoin. Which to be fair, I'm not even sure the people that are working on improving the protocol on a daily basis understand the full reaching implications, as none of us do.

But back to the point... what the **** works do you want me to cite? Do you want me to write a thesis on Bitcoin? FOH. www.google.com
I want you to explain how Bitcoin is going to cause statelessness, yes. That’s an absurd claim.

PWB15
I maybe alone in this but I dont find Maria good looking at all. Long hair, tall and heels remind me of a trans

PWB15
07-05-2021, 12:28 AM

All female first take?

elementally morale
07-05-2021, 12:28 AM
What are good and bad anyways? Evolutionary constructs to further the species, no?

You may take this side. No good or bad. Slavery is all right, Hitler was fine and so on. I'm not getting into a moral dispute. You basically say there is nothing but pure force. You don't distinguish other than deciding about your interest and you will support anything that is towards that. You may argue this is evolution itself.

However, I find you arguing against the left. Why is that? Isn't it their self interest? More often than not you say how stupid liberals or some other folks are. Why so? It's just their self interest, isn't it?

If you go down the road of no good or bad then you lose the very argument to judge people by. You simply cannot be 'right' and they can't be 'wrong'. They have other interests.

Which is it then?

elementally morale
07-05-2021, 12:34 AM
It does seem rather obviously the same at the core.

The same in theory.

Let's say I kill you but then I resurrect you. 1 life minus one life plus one life = 1 life. No change. Is this true? In theory. In practice I sure can kill you with a gun but I can't resurrect you. If I could... at the core there would be no change.

Self interest works the same way. If it helps you it's just different. The help can be undone later. But if it harms you (e.g.: kills you) it cannot be undone.

I say you have a point in everything being self interest but it's not really different than saying all humans are humans. It is true but doesn't lead us far. Where does it lead us if we agree on everything being self interest and all self interests are the same? Okay... if so... how should we address that? No prisons? No medals of honor? I'd say it leads to full anarchy very quick. And I don't think you like anarchy.

Shogon
07-05-2021, 12:36 AM
I want you to explain how Bitcoin is going to cause statelessness, yes. That’s an absurd claim.

Because eventually, as I just said above, people are going to wake up to the insidious nature of inflation, central banks and broken corrupt governments.

Governments can't grow if they can't control the money supply. Given enough time, they will shrink until dissolution.

Where is the solution to inflation and central banks? Where is the solution that humanity has come up with that takes the money supply away from these people? Gold doesn't work because they can confiscate it. They can't confiscate Bitcoin. If you push me too far, oops, I lost my private keys. I don't have any money. Sorry. You can jail me or kill me but it's gone. It is a decentralized system. People will eventually turn to it.

Indeed, new dominoes continue to fall each year. Iran mining Bitcoin to circumvent US sanctions, El Salvador recognizing it as legal tender. These are extremely early moves that are the process of aiding along the US becoming stripped of its power and influence. It might be a slow grind, but the grind is happening nonetheless. You might view these as inconsequential but they aren't.

Not only is is decentralized, but it's deflationary... no more will be created after roughly 100 years from now... it will infinitely shrink in supply. Thus the governments can't continue to expand beyond what people are willing to let them which is the opposite of everything we've had until now. It might take hundreds of years but the grind of stripping away centralized authority has already begun.

Shogon
07-05-2021, 12:37 AM
All female first take?

"First Take, Her Take" or some shit like that. It's popped up on my YouTube recommendations a few times and I always give it a shot and I am always immediately reminded of why I shouldn't have.

Shogon
07-05-2021, 12:40 AM
You may take this side. No good or bad. Slavery is all right, Hitler was fine and so on. I'm not getting into a moral dispute. You basically say there is nothing but pure force. You don't distinguish other than deciding about your interest and you will support anything that is towards that. You may argue this is evolution itself.

However, I find you arguing against the left. Why is that? Isn't it their self interest? More often than not you say how stupid liberals or some other folks are. Why so? It's just their self interest, isn't it?

If you go down the road of no good or bad then you lose the very argument to judge people by. You simply cannot be 'right' and they can't be 'wrong'. They have other interests.

Which is it then?

I already conceded to you being correct in my judgement of them being incompatible with the other things I stated. You're right.

elementally morale
07-05-2021, 12:40 AM
I've never been there, but your brochure looks nice :cheers:

:banana:

RRR3
07-05-2021, 12:41 AM
Because eventually, as I just said above, people are going to wake up to the insidious nature of inflation, central banks and broken corrupt governments.

Governments can't grow if they can't control the money supply. Given enough time, they will shrink until dissolution.

Where is the solution to inflation and central banks? Where is the solution that humanity has come up with that takes the money supply away from these people? Gold doesn't work because they can confiscate it. They can't confiscate Bitcoin. If you push me too far, oops, I lost my private keys. I don't have any money. Sorry. You can jail me or kill me but it's gone. It is a decentralized system. People will eventually turn to it.

Indeed, new dominoes continue to fall each year. Iran mining Bitcoin to circumvent US sanctions, El Salvador recognizing it as legal tender. These are extremely early moves that are the process of aiding along the US becoming stripped of its power and influence. It might be a slow grind, but the grind is happening nonetheless. You might view these as inconsequential but they aren't.

Not only is is decentralized, but it's deflationary... no more will be created after roughly 100 years from now... it will infinitely shrink in supply. Thus the governments can't continue to expand beyond what people are willing to let them which is the opposite of everything we've had until now. It might take hundreds of years but the grind of stripping away centralized authority has already begun.
If this happened it wouldn’t go in the way you want it to, I can assure you that. “Libertarian” capitalism isn’t really appealing to anyone outside of Internet trolls I hate to break it to you.

paksat
07-05-2021, 12:42 AM
so some chick calls out espn for being overly woke and full of shit, cool

Shogon
07-05-2021, 12:44 AM
The same in theory.

Let's say I kill you but then I resurrect you. 1 life minus one life plus one life = 1 life. No change. Is this true? In theory. In practice I sure can kill you with a gun but I can't resurrect you. If I could... at the core there would be no change.

Self interest works the same way. If it helps you it's just different. The help can be undone later. But if it harms you (e.g.: kills you) it cannot be undone.

I say you have a point in everything being self interest but it's not really different than saying all humans are humans. It is true but doesn't lead us far. Where does it lead us if we agree on everything being self interest and all self interests are the same? Okay... if so... how should we address that? No prisons? No medals of honor? I'd say it leads to full anarchy very quick. And I don't think you like anarchy.

Acknowledging it for what it is doesn't lead us anywhere, that's true. But why does any of it matter anyways? The only way that any of this matters is if God exists, and thus good and evil do both objectively exist beyond what would otherwise be our imagined constructs.

elementally morale
07-05-2021, 12:45 AM
I already conceded to you being correct in my judgement of them being incompatible with the other things I stated. You're right.

I'm not sure I am. However, IF I really am.. then in the future you should never judge people. You can't tell about any action or thought whatsoever if you think it is right or wrong. (Unless logically false of course.)

But if you lose that opportunity so should everyone else. Okay, we all lose that opportunity. Where does it take us? It takes us there being no rights or wrongs whatsoever so we shouldn't argue. And why vote? It's just a few technicalities, no rights or wrongs. There are exactly three kinds of societies it can lead to: tyranny, communism or both. Which one do you prefer?

Shogon
07-05-2021, 12:45 AM
If this happened it wouldn’t go in the way you want it to, I can assure you that. “Libertarian” capitalism isn’t really appealing to anyone outside of Internet trolls I hate to break it to you.

How it plays out exactly I don't know. I don't know what the world looks like without government. I'm just telling you I believe that's where it's going if we don't kill ourselves off first.

MaxPlayer
07-05-2021, 12:46 AM

Everyone hates the theory of capitalism, but also everyone loves the results (minus getting triggered by having to watch the ultra-rich on their big screens.)

RRR3
07-05-2021, 12:48 AM
How it plays out exactly I don't know. I don't know what the world looks like without government. I'm just telling you I believe that's where it's going if we don't kill ourselves off first.
You will never achieve anything remotely resembling statelessness without capitalism being abolished. It’s not in the interest of capital to abolish the state. And if capitalism is left unchecked we will kill ourselves off-the ocean is on fire.

RRR3
07-05-2021, 12:49 AM
Everyone hates the theory of capitalism, but also everyone loves the results (minus getting triggered by having to watch the ultra-rich on their big screens.)
Most people don’t get rich or anywhere close to it. “Everyone” who? Lol. And yeah obviously people like being able to easily collect luxury items. Do you think you’re saying anything remotely profound?

G-train
07-05-2021, 12:50 AM
didn't realize anyone watched or cared about the journalists, let alone their workplace politics.

elementally morale
07-05-2021, 12:51 AM

When I was young Hungary was a so-called socialist country. We had a 'government' but it didn't really decide anything. The decision was made inside the Hungarian Socialist Workers Party. which was influenced and often directly controlled from Moscow. It was based on the Soviet Army.

That is what a world without government looks like. Army controlled. Like in old times. And new ones. You may label it a democracy it is about energy, food, water, other resources controlled by weapons. Less theater, same shit.

MaxPlayer
07-05-2021, 12:55 AM
Most people don’t get rich or anywhere close to it. “Everyone” who? Lol. And yeah obviously people like being able to easily collect luxury items. Do you think you’re saying anything remotely profound?

Capitalism gets nothing but shit from the populists and the elite alike, yet it's the one system that actually delivers the goods (literally in Amazon's case.)

RRR3
07-05-2021, 12:59 AM
Capitalism gets nothing but shit from the populists and the elite alike, yet it's the one system that actually delivers the goods (literally in Amazon's case.)
I mean it’s the only system in existence at the moment. Unless you want to label social democracy (Nordic countries are a good example of this) as an in between system in the middle of capitalism and socialism. If you want to say capitalism has significantly raised the standards of living compared to feudalism, that’s very true but I doubt you’ll find any feudalists here. What you think are examples of socialism are far from it. There have been countries that attempted to achieve socialism (and ostensibly communism) but no country has yet put the workers in control of the economy and abolished commodity production. The reason these countries never achieved socialism is because Lenin’s ideas suck ass and will inevitably devolve into an authoritarian nightmare.

MaxPlayer
07-05-2021, 01:02 AM
I mean it’s the only system in existence at the moment. Unless you want to label social democracy (Nordic countries are a good example of this) as an in between system in the middle of capitalism and socialism. If you want to say capitalism has significantly raised the standards of living compared to feudalism, that’s very true but I doubt you’ll find any feudalists here. What you think are examples of socialism are far from it. There have been countries that attempted to achieve socialism (and ostensibly communism) but no country has yet put the workers in control of the economy and abolished commodity production. The reason these countries never achieved socialism is because Lenin’s ideas suck ass and will inevitably devolve into an authoritarian nightmare.

What do you mean by "abolished commodity production"?

Shogon
07-05-2021, 01:03 AM
I'm not sure I am. However, IF I really am.. then in the future you should never judge people. You can't tell about any action or thought whatsoever if you think it is right or wrong. (Unless logically false of course.)

But if you lose that opportunity so should everyone else. Okay, we all lose that opportunity. Where does it take us? It takes us there being no rights or wrongs whatsoever so we shouldn't argue. And why vote? It's just a few technicalities, no rights or wrongs. There are exactly three kinds of societies it can lead to: tyranny, communism or both. Which one do you prefer?

I shouldn't judge people on a core level. You are right. Everything is playing out in the only way it was ever going to play out. Free will doesn't exist. Revert to the statement of my emotional intelligence being low. Truly accepting that free will doesn't exist should be incredibly emotionally liberating but what can I say? Old habits die hard.

I'm not sure I agree with your last point entirely. Saying "why vote" is in direct opposition of people operating in their own self interest if the outcome otherwise is oppression.

Shogon
07-05-2021, 01:05 AM
When I was young Hungary was a so-called socialist country. We had a 'government' but it didn't really decide anything. The decision was made inside the Hungarian Socialist Workers Party. which was influenced and often directly controlled from Moscow. It was based on the Soviet Army.

That is what a world without government looks like. Army controlled. Like in old times. And new ones. You may label it a democracy it is about energy, food, water, other resources controlled by weapons. Less theater, same shit.

But what I'm saying is that without control of the money supply, that army can't exist beyond what the people will it to. You're essentially proclaiming centralized authority as existing no matter what and I am saying I don't believe that to be the case.

The world has never seen this invention before and the longstanding impact is beyond far from realized.

RRR3
07-05-2021, 01:05 AM
What do you mean by "abolished commodity production"?
Stopped making things as a means of making a profit. Or simply stopped making things that were simply commodities to be bought and sold, but rather were solely created for the benefit of the world. You cannot find any state in history that has done this.

Vino24
07-05-2021, 01:08 AM
Nichols has big booty

Shogon
07-05-2021, 01:10 AM
As stimulating as this convo is, alas I must retire. I am too old for this(posting at 1 am).

elementally morale
07-05-2021, 01:13 AM
But what I'm saying is that without control of the money supply, that army can't exist. You're essentially proclaiming centralized authority as existing no matter what and I am saying I don't believe that to be the case.

The world has never seen this invention before and the longstanding impact is beyond far from realized.

Money is made up. It's not real. especially FIAT currency. It's just a claim on future consumption. As long as you have a claim and you have toe power to enforce it you don't need 'money'. Once things settle you'll create you new 'money'. The world may collapse but not because lack of money. The monetary system itself collapses if it cannot expand. And on a finite planet it cannot expand forever. But well before the system collapses there will be wars. Just cutting off people from consumption. (It works these days via money.)

If we cease to exist it will be either due to the technology revolution (robotics, AI, nanotech, etc.) or simply there not being enough resources for this many humans at current (or better) living standards.

You may worry about money but money itself is a product of 'real value'. And real value is kept via real force. Physical one.

The Hick
07-05-2021, 01:16 AM
As stimulating as this convo is, alas I must retire. I am too old for this(posting at 1 am).

Nighty night Bowl Cut

elementally morale
07-05-2021, 01:16 AM

It's 7 AM here and I'm 47. ;)
Good night.

DoctorP
07-05-2021, 01:28 AM
Nichols is over! Over!...you hear me!!! she's donee!!

https://variety.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/rachel-nicols-espn.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/sites/pelicans/files/styles/mobile__700x500_/public/050518_nichols_article.jpg?itok=I5VxLGMM

enjoy your last moments Liz Lemon bwahahhahahhaha

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/s30rJ-JTOX5TNIWN3DH0NyS0xMs/fit-in/728xorig/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2014/05/14/022/n/1922283/62cd3c41a180e692_Lemon-in-Believe-in-the-Stars-liz-lemon-15284289-1500-996/i/Funniest-Liz-Lemon-GIFs.jpg

https://tv-fanatic-res.cloudinary.com/iu/s--vN-kGEEk--/f_auto,q_auto/v1476670499/liz-lemon-thumbs-up-30-rock

bladefd
07-05-2021, 02:48 AM

This might be the best thing that has ever happened to her financially. She's making 1mil a year. She turned down a contract offer of $5mil a year even though Nichols makes only $1.5mil/yr. Maria wants SAS money. She absolutely wasn't going to get until maybe now. ESPN can't afford the black eye of letting her go after this. She could sue them and win even more. :oldlol:

Rachel can sue espn too because of the video getting leaked by ESPN employee. ESPN is in a tough spot here. They may end up giving Maria the big bucks and give Rachel her halftime show back to shut them both up. You know that's how Disney PR would approach it lol. I mean they have money to throw around so e/e

Stanley Kobrick
07-05-2021, 05:09 AM
Maria Taylor and Rachel Nichols are both great at their jobs. why is Rachel being so catty? Maria Taylor does entry level courtside stuff that Rachel did 10 years ago. meanwhile Rachel has her own daytime show like a boss now. lets not act like ESPN didn't go in on Jemele Hill, they cut ties real quick after her midlife awokening

Derka
07-05-2021, 09:41 AM
America flipping its wig over two mediocre millionaire television personalities getting into a needless catfight.

Sounds about right.

Shogon
07-05-2021, 09:45 AM
Money is made up. It's not real. especially FIAT currency. It's just a claim on future consumption. As long as you have a claim and you have toe power to enforce it you don't need 'money'. Once things settle you'll create you new 'money'. The world may collapse but not because lack of money. The monetary system itself collapses if it cannot expand. And on a finite planet it cannot expand forever. But well before the system collapses there will be wars. Just cutting off people from consumption. (It works these days via money.)

If we cease to exist it will be either due to the technology revolution (robotics, AI, nanotech, etc.) or simply there not being enough resources for this many humans at current (or better) living standards.

You may worry about money but money itself is a product of 'real value'. And real value is kept via real force. Physical one.

Yeah of course it's made up and the core of it is belief. Money has no real actual value. Few things offer real actual value. Medicine, food, water, shelter. Maybe that's about it, at the core. What do you actually need to survive? The rest are trimmings. But as far as money specifically goes, gold and silver are the closest things we have to offering actual value to the world that doesn't stem solely from belief while also serving as money but most of their value today is not derived from real world use cases but rather the shared belief as stores of value. Claim on future consumption, as you put it. If people suddenly didn't believe in gold and silver as stores of value, their agreed upon value would plummet.

AI might wipe us out. But at the same time, I've also come around to the idea that if biological aliens exist and have progressed far enough to explore the universe, AI probably doesn't wipe biological creatures out, thus we are probably ok on that front, in terms of straight up extinction anyways. I still think the short term disruption and pain and suffering AI will bring about is understated.

But see, as for your last sentence, that's the thing... we finally have something that can't be taken by physical force... at least for now. Of course, people can show up at your house with a wrench and beat it out of you if you let them, but again that's... if you let them. They can't take it against your will. That's the entire point. Once they can plug your brain into a computer and see your thoughts and memories, all bets are off at that point, haha.

8Ball
07-05-2021, 09:54 AM
America flipping its wig over two mediocre millionaire television personalities getting into a needless catfight.

Sounds about right.

:roll:

8Ball
07-05-2021, 09:56 AM
Rachel can sue espn too because of the video getting leaked by ESPN employee. ESPN is in a tough spot here. They may end up giving Maria the big bucks and give Rachel her halftime show back to shut them both up. You know that's how Disney PR would approach it lol. I mean they have money to throw around so e/e

Disney has been cutting the salaries of everyone right now.

They offered Maria $5M during Covid, she refused because she wanted Stephen A Smith money. Now that $5M is no longer on the table.

I feel so badly for Maria and Rachel :lol

Code Breaker
07-05-2021, 03:42 PM

Sounds about right.

:roll::cheers:

Bronbron23
07-05-2021, 07:12 PM
Honestly there's a bunch sensitive nuckas trippin in this shit. I hate racist white people just like the next nucka but not everything is flicking racist. Rachel comes across as a white woman who believes blacks deserve a more fair shot at shit but at the same time dosn't want that to happen at the expense of her own opportunities. That's not racist. It might be selfish or greedy or fake or bitchy but it's not necessarily racist. Shit i want all starving people to have food in their belly but not at my expense. If we all had to go to eating one meal a day so that no one could go hungry i'd do it but i'd probably be annoyed and complain and vent about it in private. There teally is nothing to see here. Just a few bitch ass nuckas crying wolf

sundizz
07-05-2021, 07:50 PM
Honestly there's a bunch sensitive nuckas trippin in this shit. I hate racist white people just like the next nucka but not everything is flicking racist. Rachel comes across as a white woman who believes blacks deserve a more fair shot at shit but at the same time dosn't want that to happen at the expense of her own opportunities. That's not racist. It might be selfish or greedy or fake or bitchy but it's not necessarily racist. Shit i want all starving people to have food in their belly but not at my expense. If we all had to go to eating one meal a day so that no one could go hungry i'd do it but i'd probably be annoyed and complain and vent about it in private. There teally is nothing to see here. Just a few bitch ass nuckas crying wolf

:applause: this is what the front page of the New York Times needs to post

hold this L
07-06-2021, 02:39 AM
Saw to my right on twitter that Perk was trending, makes sense it was about this :lol

GOBB
07-06-2021, 04:06 AM
:applause: this is what the front page of the New York Times needs to post

I’m sure they would love to post Jason Whitlock Jr post. A coons gonna coon.

miggyme1
07-06-2021, 05:47 AM

Man u hit the nail on the head. This was so refreshing to read. Rachel nichols went from being “invited to the cookout” to now being racist simply because she didnt want to lose a position she EARNED to somebody she felt hadnt earned it, And we as black people wonder why no one takes us seriously unless we are rapping or playing some dumb ass sport. Beautiful post man

Gohan
07-06-2021, 06:29 AM
Man u hit the nail on the head. This was so refreshing to read. Rachel nichols went from being “invited to the cookout” to now being racist simply because she didnt want to lose a position she EARNED to somebody she felt hadnt earned it, And we as black people wonder why no one takes us seriously unless we are rapping or playing some dumb ass sport. Beautiful post man

you failed to realize that maria did earn her position....with her body

LAL
07-06-2021, 07:00 AM

If Jason Whitlock was your dad, you wouldn't have been so trashy and bitchy. Mama's boy. Always fighting conservatism. Was that one of your sisters twerking for mlk day?

GOBB
07-06-2021, 07:27 AM

Then don’t scream Black Lives Matter, I support black diversity in the industry then. Pick a side. You can’t be all for woman of color like Maria getting promoted in this tough industry then when you notice it’s a job u aren’t getting like hosting the finals? All of a sudden that show you did in public gets placed in the trash can. It’s weird. Who is accusing Rachel of being a racist? What she said was wrong and contradictory to all the public image she portrays. She’s getting put on blast for that. Who said she was a racist and hates people of color?

Imagine you supporting gays and lesbians. Using a big media platform such as ESPN to express this. “Getting invited to the cookout”. Then your true feelings are exposed when in private? You don’t care about gays or lesbians. You make some cringe remarks about gays and lesbians. Same remarks you got on tv and used that platform to say “not cool!” and got your cheers? Now in private you’re saying the opposite. THATS the issue you nitwits don’t grasp.

It’s not the fact she felt like damn I deserved that position or damn I was promised that position and they did me dirty. It’s the OTHER REMARKS she said that is the issue. Which is why she was upset it got leaked. And guess who got in trouble for leaking them? A black woman who was suspended without pay for two weeks and has been getting sh*tty assignments as a result.

Other colleagues not just BLACK but other races and genders frowned on what Rachel said. This was not just ALL BLACKS at ESPN. All races including white folks. Rachel ain’t racist. No one said that. Every time a white person gets called out you assume it’s people labeling them as racist.

You dudes can’t comprehend for sh*t

GOBB
07-06-2021, 07:34 AM
If Jason Whitlock was your dad, you wouldn't have been so trashy and bitchy. Mama's boy. Always fighting conservatism. Was that one of your sisters twerking for mlk day?

Trashy and b*tchy? Huh? You sound dumb but what else is new with you. If Jason Whitlock was my dad I’d be the black guy who has no connection, no relation to other blacks in America. Meaning I can’t properly identify with them. Most of my gfs are white. I don’t understand being targeted because I’m black. I’d attend parties being the token black kid allowing black jokes to be ripped left and right as I laugh. Then say “well that is kinda true” giving them even more reason to go extreme with it now.

I thank god that guy isn’t my dad.

ZenMaster
07-06-2021, 07:48 AM
Then don’t scream Black Lives Matter, I support black diversity in the industry then. Pick a side. You can’t be all for woman of color like Maria getting promoted in this tough industry then when you notice it’s a job u aren’t getting like hosting the finals? All of a sudden that show you did in public gets placed in the trash can. It’s weird. Who is accusing Rachel of being a racist? What she said was wrong and contradictory to all the public image she portrays. She’s getting put on blast for that. Who said she was a racist and hates people of color?

Imagine you supporting gays and lesbians. Using a big media platform such as ESPN to express this. “Getting invited to the cookout”. Then your true feelings are exposed when in private? You don’t care about gays or lesbians. You make some cringe remarks about gays and lesbians. Same remarks you got on tv and used that platform to say “not cool!” and got your cheers? Now in private you’re saying the opposite. THATS the issue you nitwits don’t grasp.

It’s not the fact she felt like damn I deserved that position or damn I was promised that position and they did me dirty. It’s the OTHER REMARKS she said that is the issue. Which is why she was upset it got leaked. And guess who got in trouble for leaking them? A black woman who was suspended without pay for two weeks and has been getting sh*tty assignments as a result.

Other colleagues not just BLACK but other races and genders frowned on what Rachel said. This was not just ALL BLACKS at ESPN. All races including white folks. Rachel ain’t racist. No one said that. Every time a white person gets called out you assume it’s people labeling them as racist.

Can you explain what is wrong with what she said in the context of her also being a public supporter of BLM?

Gohan
07-06-2021, 08:03 AM

:applause:

MaxPlayer
07-06-2021, 08:03 AM
Can you explain what is wrong with what she said in the context of her also being a public supporter of BLM?

There's nothing noble about saying "other people should give up their positions for black people, but not me."

It's like when Al Gore tells people to stop using fossil fuels and then flies his fleet of helicopters back to his mansion complex and pats himself on the back for being a good person. She's just using the BLM rhetoric to virtue signal, when in reality her blatant hypocrisy is only diluting their message.

coin24
07-06-2021, 08:15 AM

In reality she had to support BLM publicly cause the league plastered it everywhere. Imagine voicing an opinion against the democrats funding machine last year :lol

Who would want to lose their own job regardless of the other persons skin color?
Losers like gobb blame everything on race

Gohan
07-06-2021, 08:20 AM
In reality she had to support BLM publicly cause the league plastered it everywhere. Imagine voicing an opinion against the democrats funding machine last year :lol

Who would want to lose their own job regardless of the other persons skin color?
Losers like gobb blame everything on race

gobb is right doe

GOBB
07-06-2021, 08:52 AM
There's nothing noble about saying "other people should give up their positions for black people, but not me."

It's like when Al Gore tells people to stop using fossil fuels and then flies his fleet of helicopters back to his mansion complex and pats himself on the back for being a good person. She's just using the BLM rhetoric to virtue signal, when in reality her blatant hypocrisy is only diluting their message.

Bingo!

GOBB
07-06-2021, 08:55 AM
gobb is right doe

He knows I’m right. Guy is just bitter b*tch because he didn’t like how I came at him in another thread awhile back. So since then he wants his hit back and feels some type of way. One day he will get over it. Or not.

DoctorP
07-06-2021, 09:00 AM
OMG I just saw Nichols apology.

"I don't want to distract from the Finals..."

AS IF!

ZenMaster
07-06-2021, 09:07 AM

I agree. Though I might have missed it in the thread, but when did she say that other people should give up their positions for black people?

I'm also more of an action guy, so if she actually has said this, you could tell from her actions that she didn't really mean it as she's still working in said positions.
She's a multi millionaire and could retire right now, or just go do something else to help better society, same as with every other multi millionaire celeb who's been on twitter or in videos and what not, talking about how they are so big supporters of BLM.

MaxPlayer
07-06-2021, 09:10 AM
I agree. Though I might have missed it in the thread, but when did she say that other people should give up their positions for black people?

I'm also more of an action guy, so if she actually has said this, you could tell from her actions that she didn't really mean it as she's still working in said positions.
She's a multi millionaire and could retire right now, or just go do something else to help better society, same as with every other multi millionaire celeb who's been on twitter or in videos and what not, talking about how they are so big supporters of BLM.

Well, in the quote in the OP she was saying that ESPN should have given Maria Taylor someone else's job, not hers. Maybe that's not EXACTLY the same thing, but close enough IMO.

GOBB
07-06-2021, 09:17 AM

She could have retired before being full time at ESPN because she married into money. Hollywood money. Disney money. It’s said that’s helped her career. She didn’t really “work” for her positions. Which is why a few are getting on her about when she said she’s worked hard. But I don’t know I didn’t do too much digging in all of that. I have no issue with Rachel in general. But her audio was cringe given how much grandstanding she’s done.

ZenMaster
07-06-2021, 09:21 AM
Well, in the quote in the OP she was saying that ESPN should have given Maria Taylor someone else's job, not hers. Maybe that's not EXACTLY the same thing, but close enough IMO.

I read it as her being understanding of ESPN as an organization being pressured to do diversity hires due to lack of diversity in the past, but that they shouldn't go for her position as she was also a previous victim of the same lack of diversity towards females in sports entertainment.
She understands this because she's a media person who understands branding - sending a signal.

PP34Deuce
07-06-2021, 10:50 AM
Woemn are more cut throat with women than men are with men. Don't think it's a race thing but more a she's a woman in a dominated male industry and she actually made it. She's also like 47 so her competition is younger women and retired WNBA players that have great commentary and relationships too.

RRR3
07-06-2021, 10:52 AM
Gobb destroying the ISH klansmen :bowdown:

Foster5k
07-06-2021, 11:18 AM
I read it as her being understanding of ESPN as an organization being pressured to do diversity hires due to lack of diversity in the past, but that they shouldn't go for her position as she was also a previous victim of the same lack of diversity towards females in sports entertainment.
She understands this because she's a media person who understands branding - sending a signal.
It's pretty much this.

However, is it a good look for Rachel Nichols? Hell nah. It's a pretty bad look.

It's a lot of I, I, I, and me, me, me. It's dog eat dog. It's **** this diversity bullshit and leave me out of it. Man, not good.

Listen, I like Rachel Nichols. I also think a lot of professional athletes like her. However, there will be some form of backlash. Some of those athletes she was so called friends with might turn on her or view her differently and treat her different from now on out. She's going to basically have to do the Drew Brees and do a crap ton of PR to crawl out of this mess. This might be worse than the Drew Brees situation. Drew Brees had an undeniable skill and was a strong leader. He's hard to replace. Rachel Nichols on the other hand, not so much.

In the end, I feel like there is a lesson to be learned from all of this. Maybe it's the whole when you live in a glass house don't throw stones. Who knows. I dont know what she was thinking when she made those comments. She seems smart. Sometimes smart people do the dumbest things.

AnaheimLakers24
07-06-2021, 11:32 AM
all nba women reporters suck dick at their job. especially ugly white doris and this fire crotch

Gohan
07-06-2021, 11:40 AM
all nba women reporters suck dick at their job. especially ugly white doris and this fire crotch

im afraid malika does too:(

PP34Deuce
07-06-2021, 12:36 PM
WNBA and successful college female players are slowly creeping in and people in mass media are competing for those jobs. Rachel is like Skip in that she came up through traditional press and media instead of being an athlete.

I don't care for Rachel Nichols either way but I don't think she's racist. She's more like protecting limited jobs for media personnel while WNBA ladies are making that splash and coming in hot.

Really is more about competition.

hold this L
07-06-2021, 01:27 PM
Twitter right now

https://media.tenor.com/images/f40c70a52dbf0e83b9d1da6a9eaf7f52/tenor.gif

Bronbron23
07-06-2021, 01:49 PM
:applause: this is what the front page of the New York Times needs to post:cheers:

Bronbron23
07-06-2021, 01:50 PM
Man u hit the nail on the head. This was so refreshing to read. Rachel nichols went from being “invited to the cookout” to now being racist simply because she didnt want to lose a position she EARNED to somebody she felt hadnt earned it, And we as black people wonder why no one takes us seriously unless we are rapping or playing some dumb ass sport. Beautiful post man:cheers:

The Hick
07-06-2021, 01:57 PM
Gobb destroying the ISH klansmen :bowdown:

I think the ISH "Klansmen' are agreeing with a large portion of GOBB's take. It's common sense really whether you are BLM or KKK. DON'T TRY AND PORTRAY YOURSELF PUBLICLY FOR BONUS POINTS ON SOMETHING YOU ARE NOT*or at least don't get caught doing it*

Try and keep up Skippy.

Bronbron23
07-06-2021, 01:58 PM

Typical ignorant ninja mentality. That said i agree Whitlock says some coon shit but that dosn't apply here. Your just being an emotional overeating bitch on this one

Code Breaker
07-06-2021, 02:00 PM
She got replaced covering the finals court side by fine ass redbone Malik Andrews. Another younger more beautiful black woman :roll::cheers:

j3lademaster
07-06-2021, 02:00 PM
all nba women reporters suck dick at their job. especially ugly white doris and this fire crotchLol, Fair.

Gohan
07-06-2021, 02:07 PM
She got replaced covering the finals court side by fine ass redbone Malik Andrews. Another younger more beautiful black woman :roll::cheers:

my nikka:cheers: malika is bad

GOBB
07-06-2021, 02:19 PM
Typical ignorant ninja mentality. That said i agree Whitlock says some coon shit but that dosn't apply here. Your just being an emotional overeating bitch on this one

Why are you trying so hard to type the n word? Now when someone else starts using it then what? You should probably get rid of it’s usage here. Just food for thought. A lot of irony in using the word emotional as much as you have tho bud. All of your replies to me have been emotionally driven.

Im Still Ballin
07-06-2021, 02:40 PM
Chris... Where the **** are you?

Code Breaker
07-06-2021, 03:16 PM
Apparently Jimmy B piped Rachel Nichols come on man :roll:

HitandRun Reggie
07-06-2021, 03:37 PM
Apparently Jimmy B piped Rachel Nichols come on man :roll:

Anyone seen where the married women at?

https://media3.giphy.com/media/KCZ7edW5bF9akN2DgR/giphy.gif

"I'll take fiances too!"

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ColdUnlawfulIchthyosaurs-max-1mb.gif

hold this L
07-06-2021, 03:42 PM
Did Jimmy pipe KAT's girl?

Gohan
07-06-2021, 03:44 PM
Did Jimmy pipe KAT's girl?

yep, no big deal that's all they talk about on the court is stealing each other girls. even in highschool lol

j3lademaster
07-06-2021, 03:44 PM
Did Jimmy pipe KAT's girl?https://clutchpoints.com/timberwolves-news-karl-anthony-towns-reacts-insane-dug-up-evidence-jimmy-butler-hooked-up-with-his-girlfriend-kawahine-andrade/

https://www.reddit.com/r/timberwolves/comments/bx54hb/kat_speaks_on_jimmy_butlergirlfriend_drama/

Bronbron23
07-06-2021, 05:11 PM

Did she say that though? If she did that pretty bad. I thought she basically just said she's down with the movements but not down with losing her opportunities because of it. There's nothing wrong with that. Plus wanting blacks to be treated equal dosn't mean giving your opportunities to people who don't necessarily deserve it. All it means is giving people who deserve it a fair shot. I was under the impression that in this case the position was already promised to rachel and she felt they gave it to Maria even though she didn't really deserve it over her. Whether this is this case or not i don't know. If it though than there's really nothing wrong with what rachel said.

Bronbron23
07-06-2021, 05:22 PM
Why are you trying so hard to type the n word? Now when someone else starts using it then what? You should probably get rid of it’s usage here. Just food for thought. A lot of irony in using the word emotional as much as you have tho bud. All of your replies to me have been emotionally driven.

Why are u so damn sensitive? And i can say ninja or nucka or whatever. A white dude can't. This is a basic principle that I'm sure u know. And there's no emotion ot just is what it is. Your acting like a sensitive bitch. Emotion has nothing to do with it.

j3lademaster
07-06-2021, 05:33 PM
Did she say that though? If she did that pretty bad. I thought she basically just said she's down with the movements but not down with losing her opportunities because of it. There's nothing wrong with that. Plus wanting blacks to be treated equal dosn't mean giving your opportunities to people who don't necessarily deserve it. All it means is giving people who deserve it a fair shot. I was under the impression that in this case the position was already promised to rachel and she felt they gave it to Maria even though she didn't really deserve it over her. Whether this is this case or not i don't know. If it though than there's really nothing wrong with what rachel said.I think affirmative action is bullshit. If 90% of the engineers i hire are asians from MIT and Cal Tech, that should be my prerogative. As long as I can prove I'm objectively looking for the best candidate each time. But the need to 'diversify' is ESPN adjusting to what the market wants(or at least what they think the market wants). If they think hiring a black female will draw in from viewership from certain demographics they'll do that. No one cares about credentials in entertainment, or every sports journalist will be ivy leaguers and every actor/ musician will be from the Juilliard. People don't get jobs in the entertainment industry on accident. Sure not all of them pan out because you can't 100% predict how the viewers will react to them, but at the time they decide to give you a job is because they see you as their biggest chance at monetary gain.

I read a quote from some big shot hollywood producer once, and it really stuck with me. To paraphrase it was something along the lines of "I think it's great you graduated from the Juilliard. But people don't like you. I can't sell you".

3ba11
07-06-2021, 05:34 PM
It's cool that the NBA is coming back to my liking - aka Nichols out and the king colluder is finished.. 2 peas in a pod (fraudsters)

Now the NBA can return to a superior brand of basketball (organic) and good announcers

The Hick
07-06-2021, 05:53 PM

Michelle Beadle reads ISH. She copied my meme on this topic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichelleDBeadle/status/1412224576310976512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1412224576310976512%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2F2021%2F07%2F06% 2Fmichelle-beadle-posts-goodfellas-scene-amid-rachel-nichols-espn-drama%2F

The Hick
07-06-2021, 06:05 PM
Ersan Illysova tapped Rachel's fat ass too? :D

Damn. Unless her husband is a cuck, her life's in shambles atm.

And boy is dat azz fat!

https://i.ibb.co/n1QGFvY/Screenshot-20210706-150235-01.jpg

Code Breaker
07-06-2021, 06:28 PM
Ersan Illysova tapped Rachel's fat ass too? :D

Damn. Unless her husband is a cuck, her life's in shambles atm.

And boy is dat azz fat!

https://i.ibb.co/n1QGFvY/Screenshot-20210706-150235-01.jpg

https://media1.tenor.com/images/6aaf5abd067954025dece6ae687b6246/tenor.gif?itemid=10306281

MaxPlayer
07-06-2021, 06:53 PM
I think affirmative action is bullshit. If 90% of the engineers i hire are asians from MIT and Cal Tech, that should be my prerogative. As long as I can prove I'm objectively looking for the best candidate each time.

I don't even see why you should have to prove that. It's your money. Why can't you just hire whoever you want?

GOBB
07-06-2021, 06:59 PM
Why are u so damn sensitive? And i can say ninja or nucka or whatever. A white dude can't. This is a basic principle that I'm sure u know. And there's no emotion ot just is what it is. Your acting like a sensitive bitch. Emotion has nothing to do with it.

Emotion has everything to do with it. Again you nitwit all your replies is n word m word b*tch b*tvh n word. Weird. You can use whatever word but you’re setting a bad precedent where with freely using it. Opens it up for others non blacks like yourself to use it. Been on this board for years and no one has slung that word around as much as you have in a short few days. Sad part is you can’t check yourself on it. This board is predominantly white. But you wouldn’t know that

Im Still Ballin
07-06-2021, 07:05 PM
Emotion has everything to do with it. Again you nitwit all your replies is n word m word b*tch b*tvh n word. Weird. You can use whatever word but you’re setting a bad precedent where with freely using it. Opens it up for others non blacks like yourself to use it. Been on this board for years and no one has slung that word around as much as you have in a short few days. Sad part is you can’t check yourself on it. This board is predominantly white. But you wouldn’t know that

Dude, how do you know he's even black? I don't think he is -- just a gimmick account.

Gohan
07-06-2021, 07:26 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/6aaf5abd067954025dece6ae687b6246/tenor.gif?itemid=10306281

:roll::roll::roll:

we aint got to worry about that shit with malika, we stay winning

Code Breaker
07-06-2021, 07:48 PM
:roll::roll::roll:

we aint got to worry about that shit with malika, we stay winning

:cheers:

hold this L
07-06-2021, 07:50 PM
https://clutchpoints.com/timberwolves-news-karl-anthony-towns-reacts-insane-dug-up-evidence-jimmy-butler-hooked-up-with-his-girlfriend-kawahine-andrade/

https://www.reddit.com/r/timberwolves/comments/bx54hb/kat_speaks_on_jimmy_butlergirlfriend_drama/
That's not even funny if true, just foul. You don't run on a teammate's girl. All this time I've been thinking Jimmy is a great teammate even though he's a hardass. KAT should have rocked him in the face the next day in practice.

HBK_Kliq_2
07-06-2021, 07:55 PM
They took her off the finals reporting, they cancelled her show today. Now all they need to do is fire her from ESPN entirely and replace her with a better host.

Has to be somebody that's not a racist and that's not Lebron's bitch like Rachel.

I would go with somebody like John Salley or Dennis Rodman

coin24
07-06-2021, 08:55 PM
gobb is right doe

False. And we all know you’re the tittyboy.

GOBB
07-06-2021, 08:56 PM
Dude, how do you know he's even black? I don't think he is -- just a gimmick account.

True

talkingconch
07-06-2021, 09:45 PM
I went ahead and just quoted individuals who are sadly following this leftist agenda. Not reading 16 pages.

i knew rachael ****** was a fraud let my black nation rise over this

But keep on uncle Tom.

little Gobbie boy seems to be owning these white sheet wearing posters. ill jump in if it gets too hectic

There's nothing racial about this. Give the job to the person qualified for it. Rachel wished Maria success. Maria is also another leftist panderer who apparently won't ''accept'' Rachael's apology for whatever reason. They're acting like she yelled a racial slur at her. Most of the corporate media is FAKE, and you are now seeing it. People who put on a front secretly don't care about diversity. Context matters, and so does qualifications.

Have you noticed that people that point out color first tend to be the most bigoted and racist?

MaxPlayer
07-06-2021, 09:51 PM
I went ahead and just quoted individuals who are sadly following this leftist agenda. Not reading 16 pages.

There's nothing racial about this. Give the job to the person qualified for it. Rachel wished Maria success. Maria is also another leftist panderer who apparently won't ''accept'' Rachael's apology for whatever reason. They're acting like she yelled a racial slur at her. Most of the corporate media is FAKE, and you are now seeing it. People who put on a front secretly don't care about diversity. Context matters, and so does qualifications.

Have you noticed that people that point out color first tend to be the most bigoted and racist?

According to the quote in the OP Rachel implied that Maria's was a "diversity" promotion

talkingconch
07-06-2021, 09:56 PM
According to the quote in the OP Rachel implied that Maria's was a "diversity" promotion

Does this imply that Rachael is racist though? Someone whose been around Black athletes her whole career? Like really?

MaxPlayer
07-06-2021, 10:02 PM
Does this imply that Rachael is racist though? Someone whose been around Black athletes her whole career? Like really?

Well, either that or she thinks Maria is unqualified.

Hey Yo
07-06-2021, 10:08 PM
Wonder if ESPN asked Woj to go black face for the Finals?

Cleverness
07-06-2021, 10:09 PM
She was a hardcore BLM supporter too. Surprised to see this.

Hey Yo
07-06-2021, 10:11 PM

Maria left AD off of her votes for All-defensive NBA last year. Said she forgot about him.

I mean, c'mon.....

MaxPlayer
07-06-2021, 10:14 PM
Maria left AD off of her votes for All-defensive NBA last year. Said she forgot about him.

I mean, c'mon.....

Maybe she's a LeBron stan

talkingconch
07-06-2021, 10:16 PM

It's the latter. Listen to Matt Barnes response to this. She has helped so many people of color on the show.

There are reports that Adrian Woj and some other guy weren't gonna show face, and they were siding with Maria Taylor.

People make me sick. No knowledge on the situation and just side with the person of color because wokeness.

Hey Yo
07-06-2021, 10:20 PM
Maybe she's a LeBron stan

I chuckled ...

bladefd
07-07-2021, 12:28 AM
It's the latter. Listen to Matt Barnes response to this. She has helped so many people of color on the show.

There are reports that Adrian Woj and some other guy weren't gonna show face, and they were siding with Maria Taylor.

People make me sick. No knowledge on the situation and just side with the person of color because wokeness.

Woj is a buffoon tbh.. Completely a Disney/Chinese shill at this point.

GOBB
07-07-2021, 01:33 AM

Who said Rachel was racist you sh*thead?

miggyme1
07-07-2021, 06:37 AM
So happy rachel stood up for herself and a position she earned. She had every right to be upset.

guy
07-07-2021, 08:53 AM

You're acting under the premise that its been confirmed or there's significant evidence that this was a "diversity" hire. Maybe it was, but there's nothing thats been presented proving that. Obviously this was a private conversation, so maybe Rachel actually does have this evidence, but until thats been confirmed, its clearly a ****ed up and "racial" thing to say (maybe not racist, but there's a racial element to it.)

Every time a minority gets hired over someone else, its not exactly okay to just jump to the conclusion that it was a diversity hire based on nothing else. She's basically being a sore loser and condescending in the process. And obviously hypocritical given how much she was for the BLM movement in the first place.

She deserves to get shitted on for it. Now obviously, it does suck that her private thoughts without her consent were out there and a snippet of that might not truly reflect whats in her heart. No one in the world is as honest in public as they are behind closed doors. But it is what it is. She made the comments and deserves to get judged accordingly.

hold this L
07-07-2021, 08:54 AM

Serious question, why are we not keeping Woj locked in the basement somewhere, where only his twitter app works? He has zero charisma, doesn't know shit about the game and can't carry a conversation to save his life. Outside of having connections and acquiring news faster than others like Shams, he offers absolutely nothing productive to the NBA world. Nothing.

He must have asked to be on talk shows on his contract for him to officially join them, because I have no idea why anyone would think it ever made sense to put that robot on TV.

hold this L
07-07-2021, 09:00 AM
You're acting under the premise that its been confirmed or there's significant evidence that this was a "diversity" hire. Maybe it was, but there's nothing thats been presented proving that. Obviously this was a private conversation, so maybe Rachel actually does have this evidence, but until thats been confirmed, its clearly a ****ed up and "racial" thing to say (maybe not racist, but there's a racial element to it.)

Every time a minority gets hired over someone else, its not exactly okay to just jump to the conclusion that it was a diversity hire based on nothing else. She's basically being a sore loser and condescending in the process. And obviously hypocritical given how much she was for the BLM movement in the first place.

She deserves to get shitted on for it. Now obviously, it does suck that her private thoughts without her consent were out there and a snippet of that might not truly reflect whats in her heart. No one in the world is as honest in public as they are behind closed doors. But it is what it is. She made the comments and deserves to get judged accordingly.
It's not racist, and people need to stop softly implying that it is. Sore loser maybe? Definitely an option. Diversity hires are rampant, you can't have it both ways where corporations are obligated to hire someone based on skin color over capability and then have people not question if decision x or y was made because it was the best decision or a diversity hire. It's a valid question to ask when it happens if there is a diversity quota, which Disney owned companies have more than any other.

The biggest thing that has come out of this which is scary is that someone can straight up record you privately and then release it at any point to gain some sort of advantage, be it take you down, elevate yourself, both or another reason. That is some scary ****ing shit. Imagine taking a 15 minute break at work to grab some coffee in the next door building, you say something, and 6 months later the recording comes out when you and your 'friend' were fighting off for a promotion.

tontoz
07-07-2021, 09:01 AM
Serious question, why are we not keeping Woj locked in the basement somewhere, where only his twitter app works? He has zero charisma, doesn't know shit about the game and can't carry a conversation to save his life. Outside of having connections and acquiring news faster than others like Shams, he offers absolutely nothing productive to the NBA world. Nothing.

He must have asked to be on talk shows on his contract for him to officially join them, because I have no idea why anyone would think it ever made sense to put that robot on TV.

Yeah he is not a guy who should be in front of the camera. He looks so out of place.

DoctorP
07-07-2021, 09:02 AM

Yeah he probably is trying to get laid so tv is in the contract. Hes a mole

guy
07-07-2021, 09:07 AM
It's not racist, and people need to stop softly implying that it is. Sore loser maybe? Definitely an option. Diversity hires are rampant, you can't have it both ways where corporations are obligated to hire someone based on skin color over capability and then have people not question if decision x or y was made because it was the best decision or a diversity hire. It's a valid question to ask when it happens if there is a diversity quota, which Disney owned companies have more than any other.

The biggest thing that has come out of this which is scary is that someone can straight up record you privately and then release it at any point to gain some sort of advantage, be it take you down, elevate yourself, both or another reason. That is some scary ****ing shit. Imagine taking a 15 minute break at work to grab some coffee in the next door building, you say something, and 6 months later the recording comes out when you and your 'friend' were fighting off for a promotion.

Again, obviously it sucks that her private thoughts are out there and no one deserves that. But once its out there, she deserves to get shitted on for comments like that.

Your point about diversity quotas is understandable, but we're talking about ESPN who is already filled with on-air minority personalities. The NBA countdown show pretty much has at least 3 black people on set and thats been the case for years. This was a pretty bad example to bring up a reason like that.

Foster5k
07-07-2021, 09:10 AM
Rachel Nichols should have stayed as far away from the Maria Taylor situation as possible. You let the company heads handle the business and keep your mouth shut. When you open your mouth and take a stand whether right or wrong, now you're in the crossfire. She's not just in the crossfire. She stepped on a landmine.

It's the art of war. Even if she believed what she believed, you don't say it. You quietly take a step back and let business play out as usual. Then you strike when the opportunity is right and you're well prepared. Rachel Nichols played the fool. Hate to see it.

DoctorP
07-07-2021, 09:11 AM
Rachel Nichols should have stayed as far away from the Maria Taylor situation as possible. You let the company heads handle the business and keep your mouth shut. When you open your mouth and take a stand whether right or wrong, now you're in the crossfire. She's not just in the crossfire. She stepped on a landmine.

It's the art of war. Even if she believed what she believed, you don't say it. You quietly take a step back and let business play out as usual. Then you strike when the opportunity is right and you're well prepared. Rachel Nichols played the fool. Hate to see it.

Yeah. Well said. Nichols now has a huge target on her. Her stock is shrinking.

tontoz
07-07-2021, 09:30 AM

Yeah especially when Maria might just leave anyway. Her contract is up and she is in a contract dispute.

guy
07-07-2021, 09:31 AM

She's done. It didn't really matter what she did. At least for now, and at least with the NBA. After some time, she can maybe move on to baseball, tennis, golf, hockey, or something like that, but I can't imagine her trying to speak with NBA personalities, who are majority black, without the majority of them declining or looking at her sideways in the process.

GOBB
07-07-2021, 09:37 AM
She's done. It didn't really matter what she did. At least for now, and at least with the NBA. After some time, she can maybe move on to baseball, tennis, golf, hockey, or something like that, but I can't imagine her trying to speak with NBA personalities, who are majority black, without the majority of them declining or looking at her sideways in the process.

What is this based off? Because she has black supporters (athletes and in the field she’s in) that support her when this all broke out.

MaxPlayer
07-07-2021, 09:43 AM
What is this based off? Because she has black supporters (athletes and in the field she’s in) that support her when this all broke out.

I'm sure she has a lot of supporters. And maybe if I knew her and liked her, I would be among them. (I don't necessarily think her comments were SO awful as to merit automatic cancellation, assuming it's an isolated incident.)

However if, say, 20% of the players have an issue with it, that would be enough to make her a distraction.