PDA

View Full Version : Proof that the NBA isn't Rigged.

Pages : [1] 2

RIMMER
06-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Jeff Van Gundy ultimately backed off comments that a referee told him officials had targeted Yao Ming in the Houston Rockets' 2005 first-round playoff series against the Dallas Mavericks. Maybe Van Gundy was right after all.

The letter alleging referees altered games mentions only the year 2005, but the circumstances make it apparent that it is referring to the Rockets-Mavs series.

"Team 3 lost the first two games in the series and Team 3's owner complained to NBA officials," the letter says. "Team 3's owner alleged that referees were letting a Team 4 player get away with illegal screens. NBA Executive Y told Referee Supervisor Z that the referees for that game were to enforce the screening rules strictly against that Team 4 player. Referee Supervisor Z informed the referees about his instructions. As an alternate referee for that game, Tim also received these instructions."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3436401

rezznor
06-10-2008, 07:21 PM
this is gonna be a serious blow for the NBA if these allegations ever make it to the mainstream media. It basically confirms what many NBA fans have already suspected, I wonder what kind of effect this will have on the casual fan. I hope JVG says something about lakers series and the rockets series in his next broadcast. Donaghue (sp?) better be in hiding, i'd expect Stern to have a hit out on him right about now.

Poseidon
06-10-2008, 07:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3436401

Team 3= Mavs

Team 4 = Rockets

Team 3 Owner = Cuban

Team 4 Player = Yao

Referee Supervisor Z = Ronnie Nunn

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-10-2008, 07:22 PM
http://thumpernewman.com/David%20Stern.jpg

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Is The NBA Rigged

Another NBA season has come and gone. Another Season where David Stern and his cohorts in crime have Fixed the outcome of the playoffs. The Miami Heat which probably was not one of the top five teams in the League won the disputed Championship. Now the NBA is selling Dwayne Wade T-shirts, Shaq T-shirts, all sorts of Miami Heat Junk. Since the Playoffs ended some two weeks ago I have Not spoken to one Person who thought the playoffs were fairly officiated . A Quick recap, How many Lane Violation were called so Shaq could receive extra Foul shots.

Does anyone have a Calculator because I loss Track. The Suspension of Jerry Stackhouse for game five. Yes it was a Hard foul , was it Worthy of a Suspension NO. Let me also remind everyone Miami got the benefit of the Cliff Robinson four game Suspension in the New Jersey series . The Phantom foul on Dwayne Wade at the End of game 5 that cost Dallas the game. The Foul Shooting in the Final two games. Miami took 38 more Foul Shots than Dallas the last 2 games. Dwayne Wade took 46 foul shots the final 2 games alone. Dallas whole team only took 48.You want to make a NBA player a Star? Send him to the Foul line 46 times in the Final 2 games. The Game was Not designed for someone to drive the ball to the Basket Recklessly create Contact and than get the benefit of going to the Foul line . Did you realize that during the Regular season the 5 players who got to the Foul line the most were also the 5 players who had the best sales of Game Jerseys . It's All about Money.

According to different News outlets Mark Cuban ran over to David Stern after game 5 yelling at him "your F___ league is Rigged ."

I ask myself sometimes when did this first Start the Fixing of Games ? The Michael Jordan era? Maybe before, I really do Not know. At some Point making Money became more important than having a legitimate competition .

In August we have the World Championships in Japan. The Americans have Not won a Major International tournament in six years. I have just a few questions to ask. Do you think they will call walking on Lebron James at the World Championships ? Do you think Dwayne Wade will get to the Foul line 46 times, not for 2 games but for the whole tournament. Will team USA win the tournament? How will David Stern spin this one ?

This is another point that bothers me because of David Stern & his antics the Stars of the past their accomplishments have now been diminished . How Great was Michael Jordan ? Jordan avg. 17.7 ppg. in college. Jordan was never the Best player in the ACC & for 2 of his 3 seasons at North Carolina he was Not the best player on his Team. Was it All Hype ? Was it the Nike shoe Contract & Endorsement ? Was it David Stern & the NBA giving him every break in the World? So that they could Sell his Jersey, shoes, etc. Jordan avg. 30 points per game in the Pros. How do you play against tougher competition & your scoring avg. go up.

Were the 2006 NBA Finals Rigged ?

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-10-2008, 07:26 PM
I remember JVG and Mark Jackson saying that was not a foul on "KOBE" to Ray Allen. But they quickly change the topic. I bet a memo from the NBA was sent to them...

RIMMER
06-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I knew I didn't save this picture for nothing:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/curiousg11/officials_nba_site.jpg

PK3434
06-10-2008, 07:54 PM
if I remember right, Van Gundy was fined 100 thousand dollars.

rezznor
06-10-2008, 07:56 PM
yup

Indian guy
06-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Give me a break. Up 2-0 in the series, Houston had an 8 point lead in BOTH Game 3 and 4 with about 6 minutes left in the game. And they couldn't close it out either time with NOTHING fishy happening! If it was indeed rigged, Dallas would've never been trailing by such a deficit so late in the 4th qtr to begin with. Houston choked period.

RIMMER
06-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Give me a break. Up 2-0 in the series, Houston had an 8 point lead in BOTH Game 3 and 4 with about 6 minutes left in the game. And they couldn't close it out either time with NOTHING fishy happening! If it was indeed rigged, Dallas would've never been trailing by such a deficit so late in the 4th qtr.

Nothing fishy? WTF are you talking about? Did you even watch that series before you decided to post your ill-advised comment?

Yao Ming got sent straight to the bench with foul trouble everytime his foot touched the court. The few minutes he was in the game, he was absolutely DOMINANT.

I also seem to recall Michael Finley jumping in from OUT OF BOUNDS to strip the ball, THEN draw a foul call on the Rockets in the shuffle for the ball. Nothing fishy...

L.Kizzle
06-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Yep, and T-Mac and Yao mysteriously got injured the next season missing tons of action and causing the Rockets to miss the playoffs.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-10-2008, 07:59 PM
van gundy should sue the nba and take the crown from stern.

ZOMG
06-10-2008, 08:04 PM
I also seem to recall Michael Finley jumping in from OUT OF BOUNDS to strip the ball, THEN draw a foul call on the Rockets in the shuffle for the ball. Nothing fishy...

Have you ANY idea how quickly those kind of plays happen when you're at court level with the players? How little time the refs have to make decisions?

rezznor
06-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Give me a break. Up 2-0 in the series, Houston had an 8 point lead in BOTH Game 3 and 4 with about 6 minutes left in the game. And they couldn't close it out either time with NOTHING fishy happening! If it was indeed rigged, Dallas would've never been trailing by such a deficit so late in the 4th qtr to begin with. Houston choked period.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7eY8qGHU52E

i love the end and how finley makes a spectacular steal....from out of bounds...

SCREWstonRockets
06-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Nothing fishy? WTF are you talking about? Did you even watch that series before you decided to post your ill-advised comment?

Yao Ming got sent straight to the bench with foul trouble everytime his foot touched the court. The few minutes he was in the game, he was absolutely DOMINANT.

I still have nightmares of Finley stealing the ball with his feet clearly out of bounds. That game was ridiculous. This has to be the series that article was talking about. Everything matches up. If it wasn't for this bullcrap, T-Mac and Yao probably would have made it out the first round. :banghead:

Myth
06-10-2008, 08:09 PM
So in other words, the refs c*ck-blocked McGrady from losing his 2nd round virginity, allegedly.

Emile

i love the end and how finley makes a spectacular steal....from out of bounds...

WOW. That's ridiculous. Woooooow. This **** is true, man. I'm telling you The crock is telling the truth.

Indian guy

Yao Ming got sent straight to the bench with foul trouble everytime his foot touched the court.

Yao played 34 minutes in Game 3. Which is 4 more than what he averaged in the regular season. He did play 25 in Game 4, although I don't recall Houston fans ever complaining about Game 4. It's always Game 5.

Again, Houston couldn't keep an 8 point lead with half a qtr to go in Games 3 and 4. If it was rigged, why was Dallas down by that deficit so late to begin with? Also, there weren't any bogus calls late in either of those games. Don't blame the refs just because your team choked.

Emile
06-10-2008, 08:12 PM
About this vid that Rezznor posted..and what Donaughy said...it all checks out.

Lebron23
06-10-2008, 08:12 PM
We need a new NBA commissioner that will restore the integrity in the NBA.

Emile
06-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Look at those calls on Yao. You cannot possibly tell me there isn't an agenda there. And now seeing how Donaghy put it, that they were instructed to do so, call moving screens on Yao and other stuff.
This is far too obvious right here. Just look at those calls. This is insane.

SCY
06-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Rockets should have closed that series out in 4 games, but Game 5 was total bull. I don't know why they wouldn't have wanted T-Mac and Yao to go further in the playoffs, but it looks like they didn't. :confusedshrug:

wTFaMonkey
06-10-2008, 10:49 PM

the end where finley steals the ball always make my blood boil. :mad: :mad:

High Potential
06-10-2008, 11:07 PM
It makes alot of sense that the NBA would rig games for ratings to ensure prime matchups. The current Lakers-Celtics series speaks for itself. Now with all these conspiracies coming out in the open, with apparent evidence from Donaghy, all the pieces are fitting into place. There is only one that doesn't: The mystery of the Spurs. The Spurs are not the most exciting team in the world and they don't play in a big market. If the NBA were rigged, which I believe it is, what do they owe to San Antonio that would invite them rigging so many series in their favor?

Or are the Spurs just so good that they can win even when series are rigged against them?

KempSonics
06-10-2008, 11:13 PM
2005 Detroit/Spurs was influenced a bit to go 7 games. And the Spurs got the calls in game 7. There was a point in the game where Billups, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess all had 4-5 fouls each.

High Potential
The same question could be asked about Detroit. Why would the NBA allow them to take out a team stacked with superstars? Or is it possible that the NBA just wanted to end a dynasty in the making because they wanted to make the league look more competitive? Personally I thought the Detroit vs LA series looked pretty fairly reffed.

ZOMG
Now with all these conspiracies coming out in the open,

Why would anyone read past that point?

High Potential
06-10-2008, 11:14 PM
2005 Detroit/Spurs was influenced a bit to go 7 games. And the Spurs got the calls in game 7. There was a point in the game where Billups, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess all had 4-5 fouls each.
But no one watched that series, so why would they want it to go on longer? Plus both those teams are not exactly popular teams, why would the NBA want them to match up in the finals, it doesn't make sense.

Myth
06-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Maybe the Spurs were so good that even crooked refs couldn't stop them! :bowdown:

Does this make them the greatest team of all time then?

High Potential
06-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Maybe the Spurs were so good that even crooked refs couldn't stop them! :bowdown:

Does this make them the greatest team of all time then?
That's what I'm thinking, because I can never think of a series that really seemed rigged in their favor.

I think the Spurs are a clean team.

To the skeptics: Ref smear campaign against Yao Ming in 2005 Rockets vs Mavs

32MJ32
06-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Have you ANY idea how quickly those kind of plays happen when you're at court level with the players? How little time the refs have to make decisions?

Thank ****in Christ you're here.

Seriously.

MSUBaller11
06-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Detroit/LA had the highest ratings since the Jordan days for a reason. That series had the "David vs. Goliath" angle going big time. Everyone watched that series.

32MJ32
06-10-2008, 11:36 PM
"I'm Tim Donaghy, I'm going to jail.. how do I deflect attention from myself and lump **** on the people sending me there?

Hmm.. I know.. I'll find the 2 most controversial series of the last 5 years, attach my name to the conspiracy theorists' idea that they were rigged and watch people collectively nut themselves."

You guys are easier to play than pinball.

Myth
06-10-2008, 11:39 PM
That's what I'm thinking, because I can never think of a series that really seemed rigged in their favor.

I don't recall any games where they were helped or hurt (unless you count the league going by the books on Amare and Diaw). I'd like to point out that I was being sarcastic above as well. I don't think they are the greatest of all time and I don't think that they won "despite refs being against them".

32MJ32
06-10-2008, 11:52 PM
1984-2007: Stern steals Christmas.
1999: Stern attempts to eliminate chocolate bars. Fails.
2006: Stern cooks up Hurricane Katrina in his secret lab.

3zazer1
06-10-2008, 11:56 PM
[QUOTE=NewYorkUSCtrojan][B]Is The NBA Rigged? The Miami Heat which probably was not one of the top five teams in the League won the disputed Championship. Now the NBA is selling Dwayne Wade T-shirts, Shaq T-shirts, all sorts of Miami Heat Junk. Since the Playoffs ended some two weeks ago I have Not spoken to one Person who thought the playoffs were fairly officiated . A Q rockets mavs was rigged,but miami worked hard to win the finals.heat bulls was also rigged because most people say skillespayedtheoffs.

juju151111
06-10-2008, 11:56 PM

Speechless after watching that rox vid.literally speechless.

High Potential
06-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Speechless after watching that rox vid.literally speechless.
Dirk Nowitzki was untouchable by the refs that series, I have no doubt in my mind that alot of money came out of Mark Cuban's pocket for that one.

SCREWstonRockets
06-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Halftime segment about the new findings. Van Gundy addresses the allegations. Says he still beleives its true that Yao Ming was unfairly targeted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWf4JZWi0sY

juju151111
06-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Basically, when the Spurs or the Pistons won, it means that the riggings didn't work according to Stern's plan. That's all there is to it. Stern's formula for rigging is simple:

"find an athletic swingman who can sell a lot of shoes and help his team win the championship."

He came up with that formula after realizing how much money MJ brought him after the 1st three-peat.

Riggings started in 1996. From then, up to 2007, here are the successfull riggings:

The failed ones:
1999 (there was rigging to prevent Pacers to go to the finals, instead Dick The Knick Bavetta saved Stern's favorite team besides the Fakers).
2003 (the Fakers shot themselves in the foot, what Stern wanted was a quad-peat, thank God that didn't happen)
2004 (there was rigging by arranging the evil forces of Karl Malone and Gary Payton to join the Fakers, thankfully this blew up in Stern's face)
2005 (the great thing of this season is the Fakers weren't in the playoffs, but Stern wanted Heat to go to the finals because of the Shaq trade, but the Pistons foiled him)
2006 (come on, there is no way Mark Cuban gets a championship while Stern is still in charge)
2007 (Cavs vs Pistons. I like Lebron but Stern wanted to punish the Pistons for ruining his dreams in 2004 and 2005)

We'll see if the rigging of 2008 (Kwame for Gasol trade) will be successful for Stern or not. Hopefully not.
How he rig 96-98 when the bulls were the best team in the league anyways?

balkman 32
06-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Awful.

Streetball Sage
06-11-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm a Rockets fan and would love to be able to say there was a conspiracy holding us back in the 2005 Playoffs, but it doesn't make any economic sense for the NBA.

Why would they be against Yao Ming advancing?

That Michael Finley non-call was outlandishly horrible though.

juju151111
06-11-2008, 12:07 AM
huh?:ohwell: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7eY8qGHU52E yep yao was abused that series.This is just a sample of wat happen.

RIMMER
06-11-2008, 12:08 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/curiousg11/05_05_02_vs_mavericks.jpg

JtotheIzzo
06-11-2008, 12:09 AM
anyone who believes this crap is a falking MORON

KGBigTicket21MVP
06-11-2008, 12:12 AM
2006 NBA Finals was also rigged.

SCREWstonRockets
06-11-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm a Rockets fan and would love to be able to say there was a conspiracy holding us back in the 2005 Playoffs, but it doesn't make any economic sense for the NBA.

Why would they be against Yao Ming advancing?

That Michael Finley non-call was outlandishly horrible though.

The way I see, they didn't want the Rockets to advance because of the comments JVG made about the Refs targeting Yao Ming. He basically called them out some shady stuff and they punished him and his team. I don't think it had anything with Yao Ming advancing but more with JVG not advancing.

Of course, there could be other reasons. The Rockets at the time were a slow paced and to some, a boring team. Maybe Stern wanted a more exiciting team so that ratings would be higher. PHX-DAL (Nash/Dirk) looks like a more entertaining series than PHX-HOU. Who knows? Am I Reaching a bit?

el_locoteee
06-11-2008, 12:14 AM

Payback

Q.E.C
06-11-2008, 12:15 AM
the end where finley steals the ball always make my blood boil. :mad: :mad:

Out of all the times the Rockets got screwed, the was the one that made me mad the most. I know Van Gundy must be going crazy.

El Seano
06-11-2008, 12:16 AM
The US government also organized 9/11 you know. Conspiracies are ****ing great.

El Seano
06-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Elvis isn't dead either you know. Because I heard him on the radio.

LakersNation562
06-11-2008, 12:21 AM
from my knowledge of sports which is very limited, i dont recall any other sports league other than the NBA that fines players,coaches or anybody else associated with the league for basically expressing their own individual opinions. what has the NBA come to? maybe they should move the NBA to china and start franchises there?

Heat's Finest
06-11-2008, 12:27 AM
from my knowledge of sports which is very limited, i dont recall any other sports league other than the NBA that fines players,coaches or anybody else associated with the league for basically expressing their own individual opinions. what has the NBA come to? maybe they should move the NBA to china and start franchises there?
The football league in Australia(AFL) had a guy fine $5000(i think) for saying on the footy show he didn't agree with a certain suspension.

I think it would happen in more leagues aswell.

Foster5k
06-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Stern wanted Heat to go to the finals because of the Shaq trade, but the Pistons foiled him).

Lol. This is the same guy who believes George Bush is a reptile from the 4th dimension.

LutherHeadJob
06-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Yao gets ****ty calls every game. Makes absolutly no sense :hammerhead:

eliteballer
06-11-2008, 12:42 AM
It is impossible for the NBA to be rigged. They are legally accountable to the entities which pay them money . Everything like taxpayer money for arenas, advertising dollars, ticket sales, television deals is all based on the fact that it is legitimate competition. It would be impossible for it to cover up something that big. Not to mention the legal ramifications if they were caught. Imagine the lawsuits, federal investigations. You think Stern wants to go to jail for years? There's a reason this is a huge deal on the board and not in real life. Only kids put stock in these absurd conspiracy theories. No one over the age of 20 can legitimately think this.

gts
06-11-2008, 12:44 AM
all great points but it will go over the heads of half the posters on this thread...

Qwyjibo
06-11-2008, 12:44 AM
After screwing the Raptors over in previous lotteries, Stern knew this was a harmless draft to give the lone Canadian team a #1 pick as the "no high schoolers" rule was just adopted. An agreement was made that the Raptors would get the #1 pick ONLY if they agreed to take Andrea Bargnani further promoting the NBA internationally as Stern wants.

Just thought I'd add another one to the mass chaos on the board.

El Seano
06-11-2008, 12:46 AM
After screwing the Raptors over in previous lotteries, Stern knew this was a harmless draft to give the lone Canadian team a #1 pick as the "no high schoolers" rule was just adopted. An agreement was made that the Raptors would get the #1 pick ONLY if they agreed to take Andrea Bargnani further promoting the NBA internationally as Stern wants.

you heard it here first folks.

Let's start fifty other topics just incase some people should miss this one.

steve franchise
06-11-2008, 12:46 AM
I knew they were targeting Yao Ming. Jeff Van Gundy needs to get his 100,000 back. shi*! He was right.

juju151111
06-11-2008, 12:47 AM
It is impossible for the NBA to be rigged. They are legally accountable to the entities which pay them money . Everything like taxpayer money for arenas, advertising dollars, ticket sales, television deals is all based on the fact that it is legitimate competition. It would be impossible for it to cover up something that big. Not to mention the legal ramifications if they were caught. Imagine the lawsuits, federal investigations. You think Stern wants to go to jail for years? No one over the age of 20 can legitimately think this.
Yep just like baseball new about roids in the 90s, but brushed it off until the heat gm on.Just like the Patriots being complained about for years.Yep the BB organization is full of saints. no way they try to get ratings.No way they wasn't calling BS fouls on YAO ming after they went up 2-0.no way:ohwell:

High Potential

Your sarcasm is weak. David Stern would never try to help Canada.

32MJ32
You need to put "rigged" in capitals like this "RIGGED" or no one's going to believe you.

32MJ32
06-11-2008, 12:48 AM
I have a thread called "This board is full of sooks." You just said everything I said without abusing anyone.

You are a bigger man than me.. and I would like to donate money to your cause.

juju151111
06-11-2008, 12:49 AM
all great points but it will go over the heads of half the posters on this thread...
JOSE was called all kinds of names and lair for exposing greats for their achievements in baseball.I guests he was promoting his book r ight?lying too oh wait

El Seano
You need to put "rigged" in capitals like this "RIGGED" or no one's going to believe you.

Don't forget you then have to totally tell the topic starter he's not funny.

ICE BURRRRRRRRRN!

High Potential
watch this clip. Only talk about things you are educated about dude.

you can't deny the smear campaign going on against Yao in this one.

Qwyjibo
And your reading comprehension is still incredibly low even with the new user name.

How is forcing the Raptors to take Bargnani "helping them"?

Foster5k
06-11-2008, 12:50 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/06/10/sports/10horry.1.600
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Foster5k/FIVE.jpg
So, the refs made that shot right?

Kings' fan get over it. Your team lost. The officials didn't meet up at Area 51 and conspire against your team. Players! Not Refs ultimately decides the outcome of games. That game went to 7, because your team, the Sacramento Kings, left one of the most clutch shooters wide open. Good Game. Go cry me a river.

JPR
06-11-2008, 12:50 AM
how naive. you actually still believe in both the judicial and executive branches of the government...

Remix
06-11-2008, 12:51 AM
It is impossible for the NBA to be rigged. They are legally accountable to the entities which pay them money . Everything like taxpayer money for arenas, advertising dollars, ticket sales, television deals is all based on the fact that it is legitimate competition. It would be impossible for it to cover up something that big. Not to mention the legal ramifications if they were caught. Imagine the lawsuits, federal investigations. You think Stern wants to go to jail for years? There's a reason this is a huge deal on the board and not in real life. Only kids put stock in these absurd conspiracy theories. No one over the age of 20 can legitimately think this.
So how does Stern's DICK taste?

ZeN
Cant see the pic... Horrys 3?:confusedshrug:

NewYorkUSCtrojan
I am a Lakers fan. And the NBA is rigged. LA's gets the benefits of a lot of calls...Dating back when....

Don't try to sit here and say the NBA can't be rigged. The douche head refs got caught by the FBI for fixing games and is now sitting on trial. That alone is proof....!

juju151111
06-11-2008, 12:52 AM

Kings' fan get over it. Your team lost. The officials didn't meet up at Area 51 and conspire against your team. Players! Not Refs ultimately decides the outcome of games. That game went to 7, because your team, the Sacramento Kings, left one of the most clutch shooters wide open. Good Game. Go cry me a river.
WHAT DONT U GET ABOUT GM 6??? Can LAKERS FANS READ???gm 7 isn't in question

rezznor
Donaghy's claims serious, troubling for NBA
By Lester Munson
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: June 10, 2008, 9:37 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
Disgraced former NBA referee Tim Donaghy asserted in publicly filed court papers Tuesday that six other officials had manipulated the outcomes of four NBA games, including two playoff games. Although Donaghy and his attorney, John F. Lauro, offered detail to support their claims of misconduct by referees, team executives and NBA executives, they did not offer the identities of the teams or the individuals.

Donaghy's explosive charges came in response to a demand from the NBA that Donaghy pay $1 million to the league, which claims to be a victim of the referee's admitted crimes. The league's demand for $1 million in restitution and Donaghy's response raise a number of legal questions. Here are some of the questions and their answers:

Donaghy pleaded guilty to two felony charges last summer, admitting he was guilty of gambling violations and money laundering. Everything seemed to have settled down, with Donaghy cooperating with federal investigators and awaiting his sentence. What prompted these developments in the middle of the NBA Finals?

Donaghy's sentencing is scheduled for July 14. He faces a maximum of 25 years in prison for conspiracy to engage in wire fraud and transmitting betting information through interstate commerce. In the usual course of presentence investigations and procedures, the federal probation department asks the "victim" about the damage resulting from the crime. As a "victim" of Donaghy's crimes, the NBA claimed in a June 5 letter that it was entitled to $1 million in restitution from Donaghy. Restitution, or the reimbursement of the victim's losses, typically pays back a bank or a charity for money lost in an embezzlement or a theft. Donaghy obviously damaged the NBA and its reputation, but there is no indication he stole any money from the league. The NBA claimed that it was forced to spend the nice round sum of $1 million investigating Donaghy and the damage he caused, and the league wants its money back. Clearly enraged by the unexpected demand from the NBA for $1 million, Donaghy and Lauro retaliated with detailed accusations of manipulation by other referees. It is the worst nightmare for the NBA, which might now be reconsidering a withdrawal of its demand for restitution.

Are Donaghy's allegations of referee misconduct new? How serious are his charges?

Donaghy first began telling the FBI about other referees in July 2007. He gave federal investigators additional information in a meeting in September. His claims are serious. They include allegations that the NBA attempted to insulate star players from technical fouls to build up ticket sales and television ratings. Most seriously, he claims there was a successful effort by two referees to extend a playoff series to a seventh game, assisting in the victory for the team that trailed 3-2 in the series. The accusations are the kinds of things that fuel conspiracy theories that abound among NBA fans, but Donaghy is now adding dates, places and games. According to Donaghy and Lauro, two referees in 2002 deliberately ignored fouls that resulted in injuries and called "made-up fouls" to give addition foul shots to one team. Even worse, Donaghy asserts that the referees did all of it because they were "company men" who "always act[ed] in the interest of the NBA, and that night, it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the series."

Is it legal for Donaghy to go public with these charges?

Most paperwork in a presentence investigation in federal court is impounded. It is filed in secret and available only to the judge, the lawyers and the probation department. The NBA's letter demanding restitution, for example, was filed in secret. But in a clever use of federal rules and procedures, Lauro filed Donaghy's explosive assertions in a public letter. The purpose of the letter, Lauro said, was to provide "a summary of Tim's cooperation" with the FBI. But its real purpose was to fire back at the NBA after its demand for $1 million in restitution. As a cooperating witness admitting guilt and showing contrition, Donaghy was well on his way to a reduced sentence. Then the NBA makes its demand for $1 million. If Donaghy cannot make restitution, his jail sentence could be extended. Donaghy's plans for a reduced sentence were suddenly in jeopardy as the result of the NBA's demand. If Donaghy was to do additional time in prison, then he could get even by pulling the curtain back on multiple episodes of alleged misconduct by NBA executives, owners and referees.

Will Donaghy's charges result in other investigations and other charges against other referees or anyone else?

The charges against Donaghy were the result of his gambling and his use of his position to manipulate games for gamblers. There is no claim of any gambling by anyone in the charges Donaghy made Tuesday. If his claims are true, they clearly show misconduct that could result in NBA discipline, but they might not be federal crimes. Because the games Donaghy describes occurred in various cities around the U.S., there might be more than one set of prosecutors looking into his accusations. The first sign that any of these potential investigations is under way will come July 14. If Donaghy's sentencing is postponed, it will be a clear sign that other investigations are under way on his claims.

What is the next step in the case against Donaghy?

Donaghy's attorneys want to see all of the NBA's records of its investigation into Donaghy. The NBA investigation, according to Donaghy's court papers, included interviews of 57 NBA referees. Donaghy and his attorneys have asked a federal judge in Brooklyn to give them a subpoena for all NBA records resulting from the investigative efforts. The NBA claims the investigation cost $1 million, but Donaghy wants proof. Lauro argues that the investigation was directed at other referees and other situations that did not involve Donaghy, and Donaghy should not be required to make restitution for that portion of the investigation. U.S. District Court Judge Carol Amon will decide whether Donaghy can go through the NBA's records.

El Seano
I tried to make this point and got told I was a failure by two guys.

I wept. :ohwell:

VeeCee15
It is so easy to rig the NBA.

Honestly...5 or 7 game series - riggable and it benefits EVERYONE associated with the league u dumbass.

Seriously, why not make a series 1 game as oppose to 7?

What can occur here is that you have both teams / executives agree that certain games will be rigged and that ultimately the series would be reduced to a 1 game series. Meaning, team A gets favorable calls in 3 games and team B in 3 as well..and the game is called "fairly" in game 7.

What does this build here? First of all, teams make money cause games are played at their arenas..and also..the media will generate hype. Honestly, the series just lasts longer..and lasting longer = more money ALL AROUND. Also more hype..also more buildup of rivalry..also more significance.

SO WHY wouldn't something like this be done?

U can easily think of a best of 7 series as a Best of 3..meaning the 4 other games are totally rigged.

NBA can't be rigged? LOL one referee with his own "BIAS" (which is an illegal bias) rigged games EASILY.
So what if referees have personal BIAS? For example, I hate Kobe and won't put him on the foul line...it is a personal bias..but somewhere, somoene makes money and another
loses because of this.

Seriuosly, basketball is a fuking flawed sport because of the diff between touch foul, whatever foul etc. etc. EXACTLY what jalen rose has been talking about.
Basically, it is so easy to rig the NBA that it can be SEAMLESS. No one thought that donaghey jobbed games...until the FBI drew him out.
LOL

the NBA is a joke I stopped watching games 1.5 years ago cause it can be all BS...i just follow scores now.

JPR
06-11-2008, 12:54 AM
It is so easy to rig the NBA.

Honestly...5 or 7 game series - riggable and it benefits EVERYONE associated with the league u dumbass.

Seriously, why not make a series 1 game as oppose to 7?

Which is why Stern makes certain that the home teams win as many games as possible, it generates the most revenue. This year it was so obvious that the refs were favoring the home teams...it's disgusting really and the reason as to why I don't watch the Finals.

LutherHeadJob
06-11-2008, 12:55 AM

:oldlol:

juju151111
06-11-2008, 12:55 AM
I knew they were targeting Yao Ming. Jeff Van Gundy needs to get his 100,000 back. shi*! He was right.
DUH anybody saw they couldnt match up with yao ming in that series

El Seano
06-11-2008, 12:56 AM

RIMMER
06-11-2008, 12:59 AM
It is impossible for the NBA to be rigged

I stopped reading right there. Every major sport has been set up at some point in time. If it could happen in the World Series, it can easily happen in the NBA.

Remix
I got someone to laugh=)

RoseCity07

I admit I lol'd.

el_locoteee
06-11-2008, 01:00 AM
The US government also organized 9/11 you know. Conspiracies are ****ing great.

You right and US don't torture ppl either and Iraq have weapon of mass destruction.

Thats why gas price keep increasing because we believed in anything.

Maybe when you grow a little you realize what ppl can do to get what they want. Humans can be as good as Mother Teresa and as bad as Hitler.

Government lies to us all the time. But we have to demand transparency. Stern don't want transparency, thats why he protects his officials like a big mafia business, and fine at will at any that demand answers as a big dictator.

We as consumer have to stop believing in everything and demand transparency, and constancy.

Fire Stern now.

El Seano
06-11-2008, 01:01 AM
I got someone to laugh=)

Please teach me. :(

dnyk1337
06-11-2008, 01:02 AM

How is it not rigged? We don't know the whole story, and all that we're doing right now is just throwing conspiracies out there, but there is still some room for fact.

Case in point, the 2006 finals were highly biased towards Miami... The calls Shaq used to get when he was a star, to the calls he gets now. FACT. There is a list of players that refs value over others. FACT. If that's not rigged, then what the **** is?

I can think for myself, and as much as I'd like to believe that games of past were not influenced by dirty reffing, I just can't.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-11-2008, 01:03 AM
He's not real. There's a little midget in his head that controls every thing he does, and I do mean everything. David Stern placed it there. :lol

*sarcasm*

El Seano
06-11-2008, 01:05 AM
You right and US don't torture ppl either and Iraq have weapon of mass destruction.

Thats why gas price keep increasing because we believed in anything.

Maybe when you grow a little you realize what ppl can do to get what they want. Humans can be as good as Mother Teresa and as bad as Hitler.

Government lies to us all the time. But we have to demand transparency. Stern don't want transparency, thats why he protects his officials like a big mafia business, and fine at will at any that demand answers as a big dictator.

We as consumer have to stop believing in everything and demand transparency, and constancy.

Fire Stern now.

I sincerely hope you didn't just compare David Stern to Hitler. I mean there's a photoshop waiting to happen.

steve franchise
He's not real. There's a little midget in his head that controls every thing he does, and I do mean everything. Stern placed it there. :lol

*sarcasm*

WCF game 6. 2002. That should do it. Wait, bull**** call on Bibby. There. that should do it.

joshwake
What do you guys think? does the NBA have some government investigations coming up, just like the NFL and MLB? Or is Donaghy just lashing out and trying to get some leaniancy in his case verdict by overblowing facts and making stuff up?

I think the biggest problem here is that almost anyone can look at their team and pick out several games where they feel the games were rigged. The second guessing will never end, and the cries of dirty officiating can only get worse if nothing is done, and the NBA chooses to completly ignore that many more fans are now becoming skeptical. I know I am.

Also, there is likely at least some truth to what Donaghy has claimed. If there is any truth to it at all then the NBA has some serious explaning to do. I would not mind seeing an investigation and removal of Stern, at least to ease the skeptics mind and hopefuly let the NBA start healing asap.

Edit: To clarify, I actually do not beleive the NBA is "rigged". Like some have already pointed out, controlling the outcome of games on any significant level would be virtually impossible for the NBA to pull off without the cover being blown. However, If it can be proven in ANY instance; A series pushed extra games, swollowed whistles for star players, etc. Then that is too much, mainly because fans will always be second guessing. The only answer is for the NBA to show that it is going to do something to make sure this does not happen. If they don't then the average NBA fan will have difficulty respecting the NBA.

falc39
06-11-2008, 01:06 AM
and the irony is that people like you who keep defending this were probably complaining about game 2 a day ago :oldlol:

El Seano
He's not real. There's a little midget in his head that controls every thing he does, and I do mean everything. David Stern placed it there. :lol

*sarcasm*

Is it like that dying alien from Men in Black? The one that talks about Orion's belt?

juju151111

*sarcasm*
I just dont undestand why people think making fun of something makes it less true.Samething in the baseball forums.

ZeN
06-11-2008, 01:07 AM

*sarcasm*

Like "Dave" the eddie murphy flic... :lol

steve franchise
investigations are coming fast. is not like what tim is saying sounds stupid. it makes scense. the LA/Kings series. What JVG said in 2005 regarding Yao being targeted by officials.

Mr_Basketball#1
Is it like that dying alien from Men in Black? The one that talks about Orion's belt?
exactly...I pray every night that damn alien dies.

Myth
06-11-2008, 01:08 AM
*sarcasm*

Really?

:roll:

T.O.RAPS
Kobe is not rigged, but I wish his momma would've swallowed that load at that time.

wtf :oldlol:

El Seano
Jesus can't you see the wire connecting the ball the hoop?!

Foster5k
WHAT DONT U GET ABOUT GM 6??? Can LAKERS FANS READ???gm 7 isn't in question

Actually, that is game 4, where he made the shot. Doesn't matter if it's game 1 through 7, the players make or miss the shots. The refs can only do so much to even try, to rig a game. The whole idea of the NBA is comparable to the WWE is ridiculous and shows people will jump on any bandwagon half **** idea.

gasolina
It is impossible for the NBA to be rigged. They are legally accountable to the entities which pay them money . Everything like taxpayer money for arenas, advertising dollars, ticket sales, television deals is all based on the fact that it is legitimate competition.

Nope, its entertainment. Even the way the teams earn money is based off league wide ratings. That is why a stockholder in Memphis would benefit from a 7 game playoff series between Sacramento and the Lakers rather than a 5.

Also, who actually needs to know the stuff going on? A 5 minute closed door conversation with a referee alone would be enough to do the trick. No one else would know it happened.

I get sick of the BS flashing in ESPN about the referee union saying that Donaghy had some issues from the get-go. I mean, the guy has been a ref for quite some time. How many more from the referee's union have these "issues"? Isolated case my ass.

32MJ32
"The charges against Donaghy were the result of his gambling and his use of his position to manipulate games for gamblers. There is no claim of any gambling by anyone in the charges Donaghy made Tuesday"

Because he doesn't have a damn leg to stand on, that's why. Gambling has a paper trail. In house fixes don't. Guess which one he's accused the league of?

He's a joke. And he's making spurrious claims with only hear-say evidence to back them up.

El Seano
06-11-2008, 01:09 AM
Any guesses on what else is rigged while we wait for the next thread?

juju151111
06-11-2008, 01:10 AM
investigations are coming fast. is not like what tim is saying sounds stupid. it makes scense. the LA/Kings series. What JVG said in 2005 regarding Yao being targeted by officials.
I don't really now about the 02 finals that much, but the ROX 05 series was total other BS.Cant wait for the investigation.man oh man

RoseCity07
06-11-2008, 01:10 AM
I just dont undestand why people think making fun of something makes it less true.Samething in the baseball forums.

Yeah, but there are Lakers fans here 20-1, and everyone is looking at the three championships they won because of the bad officiating. The republicans joke about Obama or Gore because they have nothing else to say. They said Gore was crazy about the global warming issue, and now they eat crow all day.

Laker4Lyfe
06-11-2008, 01:11 AM
Kobe is not rigged, but I wish his momma would've swallowed that load at that time.

And your father should have thrown you away in a napkin. :)

Eldrunko247
We're in a fictitious war buddy. Gas is 5 bucks a gallon and rice is not even worth growing and harvesting because economics deems it just plain uneconomical. Only kids believe the horse shhiitt the general media feeds them. I bet you believe Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK.

Lakers73
This thread is rigged!

El Seano
06-11-2008, 01:13 AM
HOLY **** I'M RIGGED!

How did Stern get away with that?!

Mr_Basketball#1
06-11-2008, 01:13 AM
Everything's rigged.

juju151111
06-11-2008, 01:14 AM
I sincerely hope you didn't just compare David Stern to Hitler. I mean there's a photoshop waiting to happen.
Wow how old are u. interpret wat he said, and stop talking nonsense

dazed27
06-11-2008, 01:14 AM
the world ia rigged by commisioner Warp26.45 from the planet of Jahovo

El Seano
06-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Seeing as how roughly 80% of all the topics on the first page of this forum feature the word rigged, I'm guessing this won't blow over too soon.

32MJ32
^ I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not.

El Seano
the world ia rigged by commisioner Warp26.45 from the planet of Jahovo

Whom was originally rigged by David Stern, the world's most powerful man.

JPR
06-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Oh, it will blow over. It's just like the election rigging in Ohio and Florida with George W. Bush. The people in power have zero respect for the little people (us regular folk) so they don't give a sh*t what we think or how they do business as long as they do it their way. It's kind of like when a reporter said to Vice President of the USA Dick Cheney, "the majority of Americans want to pull out of Iraq." and the Vice President responded "so?"

Gundress
06-11-2008, 01:17 AM
This is not good for NBA. I think Tim Donaghy was the reason why he's hurting NBA since they busted his ass. So, now everybody going to blame on refs so much. Coach, fans, player blame on refs. Sometimes I think refs were trying to do their job and trying harder to make correct calls but it isn't easy to watch everything to make a correct calls, I am sure they did make some mistake calls.

El Seano
Wow how old are u. interpret wat he said, and stop talking nonsense

I'm 19 sir, does that mean I have to be coherent?

joshwake
Seeing as how roughly 80% of all the topics on the first page of this forum feature the word rigged, I'm guessing this won't blow over too soon.

yea.. thats what I think as well.

RIMMER
06-11-2008, 01:18 AM

You sound more like a 3rd grader with a Thesaurus.

JPR
06-11-2008, 01:20 AM
Kobe is definently not himself. I'll put it that way. The look in his eye is different. You can tell that he knows something many of us believe but don't know for sure. I think Kobe realizes the Lakers time is in the near future but not now so he's not as emotionally invested as he used to be. Neither is Phil Jackson or any of the Laker players. It's like they know the real deal about the NBA being rigged and they're just going to take their lumps now because they know they'll win the Championship, with Bynum, in the next 3-4 years.

The players and coaches just don't seem emotionally invested anymore and that's what is lacking from the Finals. The greatest things come from emotion. But this year it's like all the players and coaches received the results before the games were even played and now they're just going with the flow sort of disinterested. It's funny that they actually think the public is too dumb to pick up on it.

El Seano
06-11-2008, 01:21 AM
You sound more like a 3rd grader with a Thesaurus.

Thank you. :D

joshwake
Oh, it will blow over. It's just like the election rigging in Ohio and Florida with George W. Bush. The people in power have zero respect for the little people (us regular folk) so they don't give a sh*t what we think or how they do business as long as they do it their way. It's kind of like when a reporter said to Vice President of the USA Dick Cheney, "the majority of Americans want to pull out of Iraq." and the Vice President responded "so?"

But in this situation the "regular folk" provide the $ to the NBA. If we don't respect the league then it will fail. If the NBA feels that their bottom line will be affected you can rest assured they will do anything they can to keep the $ rolling in.

And try to leave out politics please, all it ever does is take the topic off on a pointless tangent.

juju151111
Well maybe u should act like it sir.

El Seano
06-11-2008, 01:23 AM
Well maybe u should act like it sir.

But, sir, just where is the fun is trying to be mature on the internet? I have anonymity and I'm abusing it.

steve franchise
06-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Fuc* pussyas* Marc Cuban and his boyfriend David Stern! ****in* cheaters. Lets see what happens when Refs don't help Dallas in a playoff series. Greatest upset in NBA history, punked by NO 4-1.

JPR
But in this situation the "regular folk" provide the $ to the NBA. If we don't respect the league then it will fail. If the NBA feels that their bottom line will be affected you can rest assured they will do anything they can to keep the $ rolling in.

And try to leave out politics please, all it ever does is take the topic off on a pointless tangent.

the majority of americans could care less IMO. they're going to be happy with their fast food, weed, and beer aka the apathetic culture that was created post Vietnam. People will continue to show up to the games and spend $ regardless if it is rigged or not because it's still a fun thing to do. and the stern realizes this. besides, stern's plan is to keep the biggest markets involved in the discussion with the nba championship meaning he'll continue to foster the most viewers and income levels by rigging the league in favor of new york, LA, boston, chicago (thanks for #1 stern, i owe you 1), ect.

besides, you totally overrate your ability as well as the commoner's ability. in fact, the elite are laughing at your post right now saying "how cute, this little one actually thinks the people have influence still."

El Seano
^ I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not.

Safe to say pretty much everything is sarcasm on these message boards now. Poorly done sarcasm just waiting to be criticized.

juju151111
06-11-2008, 01:25 AM
But, sir, just where is the fun is trying to be mature on the internet? I have anonymity and I'm abusing it.
LOL true that sometimes i take this place too seriously. 90% of the people base there argument on bias to help them out.

El Seano
06-11-2008, 01:27 AM
LOL true that sometimes i take this place too seriously. 90% of the people base there argument on bias to help them out.

Well that or attacking grammar, that usually works.

Diesel J
06-11-2008, 01:27 AM
Well,it's pretty obvious that you can't rig entire games..that pretty much impossible.What can happen though is far the refs to make one sides calls.

gts
06-11-2008, 01:28 AM
all great points but it will go over the heads of half the posters on this thread...told ya...lol

Myth
06-11-2008, 01:31 AM
It will blow over with everybody except for conspiracy theorists.

Lakers73
06-11-2008, 01:31 AM
The only time u can tell a game is rigged is if the other team shoots 38 free throws and your team shoots only 10!!:confusedshrug:

juju151111
06-11-2008, 01:33 AM
Well that or attacking grammar, that usually works.
yep lol this place is hilarious tho.The things that people say just is too funny.

eliteballer
06-11-2008, 01:33 AM
Tell me what exactly is wrong with calling Yao for ILLEGAL screens?

JPR
06-11-2008, 01:34 AM

Also, it's not the regular folk who keep money rolling in. It is the media, the sponsors, and the teams themselves. They basically build the stables and the walkways to herd us "regular folk" around. In a sense it is our money but they know they have an endless supply of regular people to lead in their direction.

joshwake
06-11-2008, 01:35 AM
the majority of americans could care less IMO. they're going to be happy with their fast food, weed, and beer aka the apathetic culture that was created post Vietnam. People will continue to show up to the games and spend $ regardless if it is rigged or not because it's still a fun thing to do. and the stern realizes this. besides, stern's plan is to keep the biggest markets involved in the discussion with the nba championship meaning he'll continue to foster the most viewers and income levels by rigging the league in favor of new york, LA, boston, chicago (thanks for #1 stern, i owe you 1), ect.

besides, you totally overrate your ability as well as the commoner's ability. in fact, the elite are laughing at your post right now saying "how cute, this little one actually thinks the people have influence still."

you miss the point. Regardless if the NBA can survive a scandal without taking any action (which I agree, they can) the NBA is still a business and they will do whatever they can to make more money. It is improbable that a scandal would result in no negative net revenue for the NBA.

Sounds like your opinion is that Americans are just self gratifying drones that don't care about the quality or integrity of thier entertainment. Can I ask where you are from?

sixerfan82
putting all conspiracy talk aside, the kings were beastly that year, it was just downright wrong for a team to be that cohesive

however, the only thing i remember about gm6 was when vlade got called for his 6th and literally was THROWN to the floor by shaq

statman32

Its called fraud and a lot of companies have got in trouble for it in the past. Why act like its impossible when it happens in companies all over the world? But yet these companies still do it. Why? To make more money.

mattreis62
06-11-2008, 01:36 AM
The threat of jail time is not often a deterrant in cases like this. Doesn't anyone remember Enron? Worldcom? I personally don't think that there is a widespread conspiracy in the NBA (Spurs 4 time champions in the last decade? That sure was great for ratings :rolleyes:) , but to say that it isn't possible is naive.

JPR
06-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Double Post

JPR
06-11-2008, 01:37 AM
you miss the point. Regardless if the NBA can survive a scandal without taking any action (which I agree, they can) the NBA is still a business and they will do whatever they can to make more money. It is improbable that a scandal would result in no negative net revenue for the NBA.

Sounds like your opinion is that Americans are just self gratifying drones that don't care about the quality or integrity of thier entertainment. Can I ask where you are from?

I'm from the south side of Chicago.

joshwake
06-11-2008, 01:39 AM
Also, it's not the regular folk who keep money rolling in. It is the media, the sponsors, and the teams themselves. They basically build the stables and the walkways to herd us "regular folk" around. In a sense it is our money but they know they have an endless supply of regular people to lead in their direction.

without consumers there is no media, sponsors, or teams. It's simple economics.

El Seano
06-11-2008, 01:39 AM
yep lol this place is hilarious tho.The things that people say just is too funny.

Yeah that's true. I mean just five minutes ago this guy called me unfunny, then responded with a picture as a comeback. Hilarity ensued. :oldlol:

b.jerk
06-11-2008, 01:40 AM
With this news is anyone really surprised, we all had our suspicions

joshwake
06-11-2008, 01:41 AM
I'm from the south side of Chicago.

originally from the US? no offense but you sound like a cynical american conspiracy theorist or some jaded foreigner

JPR
06-11-2008, 01:43 AM
without consumers there is no media, sponsors, or teams. It's simple economics.

That's true but the consumers are a constant. They'll always be there no matter what the media says or does. Their influence is completely underrated in this country. It doesn't matter if the media continues to report fake material such as Doug Collins being the next coach of the Chicago Bulls because the consumers aren't going away. They'll be there to listen and to believe the BS.

JPR
06-11-2008, 01:43 AM
originally from the US? no offense but you sound like a cynical american conspiracy theorist or some jaded foreigner

lol, none taken. yes all 25 years.

joshwake
06-11-2008, 01:48 AM
That's true but the consumers are a constant. They'll always be there no matter what the media says or does. Their influence is completely underrated in this country. It doesn't matter if the media continues to report fake material such as Doug Collins being the next coach of the Chicago Bulls because the consumers aren't going away. They'll be there to listen and to believe the BS.

I understand what your saying, there are greater powers that will keep the league stable. However, If the NBA feels that an investigation will help hold a healthy bottom line, there is no doubt they will go forward with it. (they may have no choice if there is enough evidence of foul play to where the government steps in, which there probably isn't)

Personaly, I think that if there is any proof behind Donaghy's allegations then the NBA would see a loss in revenue and they would have no choice but prove to the fans that they are aware of a problem and taking action against it. As long as they feel it results in more $.

also, lets not forget that players, coaches, and owners etc (even sponsors, media, etc) also have more reason to suspect foul play, not just fans. They are unlikely to voice opinion though because they are a part of the cash cow they would be killing.

juju151111
06-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Yeah that's true. I mean just five minutes ago this guy called me unfunny, then responded with a picture as a comeback. Hilarity ensued. :oldlol:
i saw that lmao.

eliteballer
06-11-2008, 01:54 AM
In Game 6 of the 2002 Lakers-Kings series the Lakers got 15 more FTA than the Kings. In Game 3 of that series the Kings got 20 more FTA than the Lakers...in LA. In Game 2 of the Finals this year, the Celtics got 28 more FTA than the Lakers.

SHEED_ gangsta
06-11-2008, 01:56 AM
It makes alot of sense that the NBA would rig games for ratings to ensure prime matchups. The current Lakers-Celtics series speaks for itself. Now with all these conspiracies coming out in the open, with apparent evidence from Donaghy, all the pieces are fitting into place. There is only one that doesn't: The mystery of the Spurs. The Spurs are not the most exciting team in the world and they don't play in a big market. If the NBA were rigged, which I believe it is, what do they owe to San Antonio that would invite them rigging so many series in their favor?

Or are the Spurs just so good that they can win even when series are rigged against them?

that's your answer right there

eliteballer
06-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Well...the Spurs have a squeaky clean vanilla image. Would make sense for the NBA to promote them given the negative image of tattoos and hip-hop of the league that many people have:D

statman32
06-11-2008, 02:05 AM
In Game 6 of the 2002 Lakers-Kings series the Lakers got 15 more FTA than the Kings. In Game 3 of that series the Kings got 20 more FTA than the Lakers...in LA. In Game 2 of the Finals this year, the Celtics got 28 more FTA than the Lakers.
Thats fine and dandy but stats dont always tell the story. So posting those are pointless.

RandomBalla55
06-11-2008, 02:06 AM

Hey Elite, no one is SPECIFICALLY saying that the LAKERS and ONLY THE LAKERS 100% of the time get calls.

It's the NBA as a whole that is being called out. It just so happens to be that the Lakers have been the beneficiary of arguably the most ridiculously called game (Game 6, 2002 WCF) EXCEPT maybe the DWhistle debacle of this 21st century.

The NBA under $tern is ridiculously shady. Period. Statman already showed $tern's stupidity and lack of credibility in numerous threads. The Lakers were a beneficiary. It's OK to admit it. No one is going to make you return your titles or something.

juju151111
06-11-2008, 02:16 AM
That's what Stern wanted everybody to believe. In reality, Rodwoman got away with doing things that would've fouled out other players. Jazz was robbed twice and the Sonics were the best team in 96.

That punk P-jax became so smug for getting all calls his way during those times, that when things don't go his way (like game 2 in the 2008 NBA finals) he whined like a little girl.
Seriously u are a idiot

VCMVP1551
06-11-2008, 02:19 AM

While I don't really believe the NBA is rigged there was something wrong with that Game 5. That is the best evidence yet.

I doubt anyone could make a video like that of the 2002 WCF Game 6. More free throws doesn't just mean they were helped out by the refs.

Heilige
06-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Kobe is definently not himself. I'll put it that way. The look in his eye is different. You can tell that he knows something many of us believe but don't know for sure. I think Kobe realizes the Lakers time is in the near future but not now so he's not as emotionally invested as he used to be. Neither is Phil Jackson or any of the Laker players. It's like they know the real deal about the NBA being rigged and they're just going to take their lumps now because they know they'll win the Championship, with Bynum, in the next 3-4 years.

The players and coaches just don't seem emotionally invested anymore and that's what is lacking from the Finals. The greatest things come from emotion. But this year it's like all the players and coaches received the results before the games were even played and now they're just going with the flow sort of disinterested. It's funny that they actually think the public is too dumb to pick up on it.

If Kobe knew/thought the NBA was rigged, why would he want to continue playing? Also, wouldn't he feel winning any championships from here on out would be tainted?

solidus_maximus
06-11-2008, 02:22 AM
yeah i'm surprised no one really emphasized this, the spurs victories came at a time when the league's biggest agenda was to clean up the image, implementing the new dress code and stuff. Thus, it should be no surprise that the NBA would want to champion the spurs, with their clean, classy image.

juju151111
06-11-2008, 02:25 AM
While I don't really believe the NBA is rigged there was something wrong with that Game 5. That is the best evidence yet.

I doubt anyone could make a video like that of the 2002 WCF Game 6. More free throws doesn't just mean they were helped out by the refs.
no ur not understanding.They had 27FT IN THE 4thQ including a foul where kb elbows bibby and he gets call

mike239489
06-11-2008, 02:45 AM

I call shenanigans.

Now, understand clearly, that I do not disagree with the point you are making, but the argument you are making is ENTIRELY flawed.

By your logic there is NO WAY that Enron cheated all its stockbrokers because it was legally and financially responsible to so many people, there is no way Martha Steward was involved in insider trading, etc.

Obviously all these things happened. Just because something is very unlawful does not prevent people from doing it. Even if they already have tons of money in their possession, greed still drives these people and people will go to any lengths to fatten their wallet a little bit.

mike239489
06-11-2008, 02:53 AM
The threat of jail time is not often a deterrant in cases like this. Doesn't anyone remember Enron? Worldcom? I personally don't think that there is a widespread conspiracy in the NBA (Spurs 4 time champions in the last decade? That sure was great for ratings :rolleyes:) , but to say that it isn't
possible is naive.

Haha, I see my point was already made, sorry didn't see your post. Very flawed logic used by the OP.

brantonli
06-11-2008, 02:56 AM
That Finely out of bounds was strange from a player's perspective as well. You'd think a guy who's been playing for several years would have some idea where the court was. Alos, there was another one when Ryan Bowen was standing there and Dirk shot a fade-away jumpshot with no contact, and Bowen got called for the foul.

Oh well, all's done and dusted. I just hope Stern has learnt his lesson....

jmill
06-11-2008, 02:59 AM

Yup

June1026
06-11-2008, 03:06 AM
If NBA is really as rigged as everyone says, I would think Rockets would've been locked for one or two western finals, cause back then in 2005, Tmac and Yao were probably two of the most marketable players in the entire league, so this whole thing confuses me somewhat, and I don't think league did that just to get back at JVG.

Sroek
06-11-2008, 03:08 AM
Everything about the NBA is rigged. Even the Bucks vs. Clippers game in the regular season was scripted beforehand with the exact boxscore planned. The winner of the opening tip is decided in advance and how many total calls the refs make. It's all written prior to it all happening.

All the NBA players are also actors that they've hired to pretend to play the game of basketball.

Sneak
06-11-2008, 05:19 AM

Thank goodness you've cleared that up. I cannow stop worrying that anything untoward is happening in any publicly liable entity. Because of this I can sleep easily knowing that Governments and politicians (in theory the most publicly liable entity there could be) always act in an above board, morally/ethically correct and legitimate way never crossing into illegal territories or manipulating situations and people for their own benefit. Companies never commit fraudulent acts or bend the rules in their favour, their are no Oil cartels or price fixing in supermarkets / car dealerships.

Wow, what a revelation. I can only thank you for changing my life in such a profound and incredible way.

Now if you don't mind, I'm off to skip through the meadows in a state of wonderful bliss to celebrate the incredible upstanding nature of the world we live in today......

iamgine
06-11-2008, 05:28 AM
Wait a minute...this is assuming it start at Stern? What if Stern has nothing to do with it? Sports mafia is a problem in every major sport. A corrupt referee betting on a team for profit isn't very far off to think about. Hell, there might even be some powerful people who threaten some referees to favor their team. All of that has happened before in soccer, boxing, and other sports.

Loki
06-11-2008, 05:29 AM
Thank goodness you've cleared that up. I cannow stop worrying that anything untoward is happening in any publicly liable entity. Because of this I can sleep easily knowing that Governments and politicians (in theory the most publicly liable entity there could be) always act in an above board, morally/ethically correct and legitimate way never crossing into illegal territories or manipulating situations and people for their own benefit. Companies never commit fraudulent acts or bend the rules in their favour, their are no Oil cartels or price fixing in supermarkets / car dealerships.

Wow, what a revelation. I can only thank you for changing my life in such a profound and incredible way.

Now if you don't mind, I'm off to skip through the meadows in a state of wonderful bliss to celebrate the incredible upstanding nature of the world we live in today......

Sonned.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-11-2008, 05:54 AM

:applause:

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-11-2008, 06:03 AM

eliteballer, i've always enjoy your post on here. you've always contribute well. but your conviction doesn't bold well here. your saying the NBA is a professional organization, they won't dare to break rules is foolish. when $$$$$ comes into play anything is possible. esp. big $$$$. the NBA might not rigged games, but MAFIA can pay off refs. that still means the NBA is rigged.

watching stern denying tim on tv was awkard. it seemed like stern was at lost for words and sturrering. all he said was tim donaghey is a known liar. stern seemed nervous to me.

also, that lakers/queens game was odd to me. and i am a die hard fan. pollard barely touches shaq and he gets a call. la was shooting free throw all game long. my sister with no knowledge of the game even said "They're rigging the game for LA."

the NBA could be rigged man...

AAP Remix
06-11-2008, 08:06 AM
This thread only exists because of the 7 game series between the Kings/Lakers being referenced. Otherwise, this would be a "2004 and beyond has been rigged" thread.

ForceOfNature
06-11-2008, 08:11 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Foster5k/FIVE.jpg

Do you know that a Samaki Walker 3-pointer was counted unfairly at the first half buzzer? That was the REAL difference in the game, among a few calls not going Sacramento's way.

Raindrops
06-11-2008, 11:15 AM
It all adds up that the nba is rigged, except for the Spurs. Why would they be allowed in the finals in 3 out of the last 6 finals? Then the Detroit and San Antonio final in particular. The Spurs played the Suns and the Pistons played the Heat, a Suns and Heat finals would have definitely been "better" for the league, but didnt happen. The Heat and Pistons even went to 7 games I believe. Last year people wanted to think the Spurs and Suns were fixed, but why would the NBA want the Spurs over the Suns? It does not add up. Maybe the games are fixed in every even calender year?

R.I.P.
06-11-2008, 12:26 PM
1999: San Antonio Spurs
2000: Portland Trail Blazers*
2001: Los Angeles Lakers
2002: Sacramento Kings*
2003: San Antonio Spurs
2004: Detroit Pistons
2005: San Antonio Spurs
2006: Dallas Mavericks*
2007: Phoenix Suns*
2008: The loser of the finals.

Now you know why the USA haven

d_white089
06-11-2008, 12:28 PM
:rolleyes:

e20dyl4n
06-11-2008, 12:33 PM
ya because stern made stoudawhiner and diaw come off the bench. i remember him pushing them both off the bench

loot
06-11-2008, 01:14 PM
did stern have his hands around the throats of dallas players in 2006?

Adambomb
06-11-2008, 01:16 PM
stupid thread, kings woulda never one anyways

TheProphet
06-11-2008, 01:17 PM
ya because stern made stoudawhiner and diaw come off the bench. i remember him pushing them both off the bench

What about that Hawks-Celts episode that mimic Stoudemire and DIaw. They didn't get suspended. But the funny part is. They never changed the rule.

bokes15
06-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I felt that the Suns series was unfair and that Wade got a few more calls than he should, but the allegations pretty much just give millions of angry fans what they fell is now a legitimate excuse for why their team lost. This hurts the league more than it helps.

TheProphet
06-11-2008, 01:19 PM
LeBron, Kobe, and all the superstars aren't hurting. They are getting buckets of cash while playing with a Vince McMahon type promotion.

You can tell it is rigged when players complain like spoiled brats. "Foul!!! c'mon you call it other times what about now."

RandomBalla55
06-11-2008, 01:20 PM
LeBron, Kobe, and all the superstars aren't hurting. They are getting buckets of cash while playing with a Vince McMahon type promotion.

You can tell it is rigged when players complain like spoiled brats. "Foul!!! c'mon you call it other times what about now."

So true.

WWE = NBA. How pathetic. :oldlol: :oldlol:

It seriously speaks VOLUMES when you have average joes thinking it this way. The average joe generates a LOT of money for the NBA.

bokes15
06-11-2008, 01:21 PM

I'm not talking about the players, i'm talking about us the fans. Now everyone who watches the game they love will have a hint of doubt and when a call doesn't go the way of your team you'll feel it very well could be on purpose because of conspiracy allegations.

omarnyc
06-11-2008, 01:23 PM

he didnt make them come off the bench but he decided not to enforce the rule this year in a playoff series, there should be no double standards.

RandomBalla55
06-11-2008, 01:28 PM

No, although $tern was proven to be a ****ing idiot when he didn't enforce the rule in Atlanta vs Boston.

Maybe he's referring to the dubious ass Game 3 of the Western Semis.

Don't remember?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkKdXLwt0U&feature=related

Perhaps that'll ring a bell.

niko
06-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Any of you who truly believe every NBA outcome is still rigged AND are still watching, are pretty much *******. Cause anyone who thinks they are being ****ed over, and comes back with a smile on their face to get ****ed over, and then complains about it, is a *****.

Let's not get ridiculous.

Dizzay
06-11-2008, 01:46 PM
So the NBA rigs games for the Lakers and for the Spurs? I guess they like their ratings to wildly fluctuate, so they go from favoring big market to small market teams, right?

TheProphet
06-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Any of you who truly believe every NBA outcome is still rigged AND are still watching, are pretty much *******. Cause anyone who thinks they are being ****ed over, and comes back with a smile on their face to get ****ed over, and then complains about it, is a *****.

Let's not get ridiculous.

I watch with amusement and ask questions, "How do fans watch this crap." Imagine if we had the opportunity to watch Enron in the 1990s. We could see the art of cheating brilliantly as exhibited in this NBA. I feel like watching game 2 of Bos-Lal to verify Donaghy claims.

Dizzay
06-11-2008, 01:56 PM
WWE is entertainment, the athletes get paid to play either the part of winner or loser. They're paid to (try to) be likeable or to be total jerks so people will enjoy when a popular wrestler finally kicks their ass. In the WWE, people who can draw crowds and move merchandise (AKA make money for the organization) are pushed into superstar status, they're allowed to win titles, etc.

In the NBA there is the issue of officials having an impact on the game, it is a totally different situation. Even then I think it's overly exaggerated. People claim the refs are in the tank for big market teams... yet we see a dominant team out of San Antonio which kills ratings when it reaches and wins the finals. We see probably the biggest market team (Knicks) sucking harder than just about anyone and without a finals appearance in ages.

If the NBA is rigged... then Stern needs to hire Vince McMahon. This would be the equivalent of the WWE having The Rock or Hulk Hogan lose every match they're in and never win a title while allowing boring wrestlers who no one likes to be the main event.

So quit your *****ing people. Yes the Lakers got help from the refs on their titles, so did the Spurs, so did Miami, so did MJ's bulls. The real problem is "home cooking" and refs reluctance to call fouls on home teams and superstars. It's not rigged... NBA just has horrible refs!

TheProphet
06-11-2008, 01:58 PM
WWE is entertainment

So the NBA is not entertainment?

Manute for Ever!
06-11-2008, 01:59 PM
WWE is entertainment, the athletes get paid to play either the part of winner or loser. They're paid to (try to) be likeable or to be total jerks so people will enjoy when a popular wrestler finally kicks their ass. In the WWE, people who can draw crowds and move merchandise (AKA make money for the organization) are pushed into superstar status, they're allowed to win titles, etc.

In the NBA there is the issue of officials having an impact on the game, it is a totally different situation. Even then I think it's overly exaggerated. People claim the refs are in the tank for big market teams... yet we see a dominant team out of San Antonio which kills ratings when it reaches and wins the finals. We see probably the biggest market team (Knicks) sucking harder than just about anyone and without a finals appearance in ages.

If the NBA is rigged... then Stern needs to hire Vince McMahon. This would be the equivalent of the WWE having The Rock or Hulk Hogan lose every match they're in and never win a title while allowing boring wrestlers who no one likes to be the main event.

So quit your *****ing people. Yes the Lakers got help from the refs on their titles, so did the Spurs, so did Miami, so did MJ's bulls. The real problem is "home cooking" and refs reluctance to call fouls on home teams and superstars. It's not rigged... NBA just has horrible refs!

:applause: :cheers:

niko
06-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I watch with amusement and ask questions, "How do fans watch this crap." Imagine if we had the opportunity to watch Enron in the 1990s. We could see the art of cheating brilliantly as exhibited in this NBA. I feel like watching game 2 of Bos-Lal to verify Donaghy claims.

Bull****, no one would do that. You are all fans, and you just like to whine. We live in a society of whiny little girls who take more pleasure in complaining than being logical.

There is no logic to the assumption EVERY game is fixed if one is fixed. The NBA, for like the last 8 years, has had non drawing champions. Thinking every game is fixed is retarded.

If I think the games now are fixed, I'll stop watching. Never post again. My time cannot be spent on something fake - sports can't be fake. If they could, possible cheating woudl be ok.

guy
06-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Yea, I don't really get it. The NBA probably wanted the Rockets to win more, cause T-mac and Yao are way more marketable then Dirk, even moreso back then. Also, if they wanted the Mavs to win, you guys really think the Rockets would've won the first two games in Dallas? Another thing, wouldn't T-mac had said something about it? cause he had no problem saying the 06 Finals looked rigged.

If this is true though, Dallas fans need to stop talking about the 06 Finals.

bence23
06-11-2008, 02:25 PM
I support this thread. :rockon:

02 and 07:rockon:

stephanieg
06-11-2008, 02:25 PM
I agree that the NBA, as a whole, is not rigged.

However, we all have to remember that the NBA is basically a very large company who earns money by having us watch their employees.

EricForman
06-11-2008, 02:27 PM
the NBA don't have anyone as badass as The Rock.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ym6g-whS_00

stephanieg
06-11-2008, 02:32 PM
98 Utah
97 Utah
96 Seattle
95 Houston
94 Houston
93 Seattle
92 New York
91 Los Angeles
90 Detroit
89 Detroit
88 Detroit

Yeah, or not.

Sroek
06-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Anyone who can't the tell the difference between an actual sports league and the WWE shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

guy
06-11-2008, 02:37 PM

Great post. If the NBA is rigged here's a few unanswered questions:

Why have the Spurs and Pistons been the most dominant teams for the past 5 years?

Why have the Knicks sucked so bad for the past few years?

Why did Boston lose out on the 97 and 07 lotteries?

Why didn't Jordan's Wizards ever make the playoffs?

Why didn't Boston beat New Jersey in 02, making it Boston-Lakers in Finals?

Why did the boring Pistons beat the more marketable Magic with the more marketable superstar, T-mac, in 03, when the Magic were up 3-1?

Why did the Suns beat the Lakers, who had Kobe, in 06, when the Lakers were up 3-1?

Why did Amare and Diaw get suspended, when they could've easily not suspended them with not much complaints given the context of the situation?

Why hasn't some disgruntled former employee come out and talked about these things alot earlier?

I know there's good arguments just by watching certain games, that the games are rigged, but how can anyone answer the above questions, cause all of them go against the league's interest.

juju151111
06-11-2008, 02:42 PM
the NBA don't have anyone as badass as The Rock.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ym6g-whS_00
Kings fans go to2:56 and listen to wat he says.OWNED The Rck is the best.

d_white089
06-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Great post. If the NBA is rigged here's a few unanswered questions:

Why have the Spurs and Pistons been the most dominant teams for the past 5 years?

Why have the Knicks sucked so bad for the past few years?

Why did Boston lose out on the 97 and 07 lotteries?

Why didn't Jordan's Wizards ever make the playoffs?

Why didn't Boston beat New Jersey in 02, making it Boston-Lakers in Finals?

Why did the boring Pistons beat the more marketable Magic with the more marketable superstar, T-mac, in 03, when the Magic were up 3-1?

Why did the Suns beat the Lakers, who had Kobe, in 06, when the Lakers were up 3-1?

Why did Amare and Diaw get suspended, when they could've easily not suspended them with not much complaints given the context of the situation?

Why hasn't some disgruntled former employee come out and talked about these things alot earlier?

I know there's good arguments just by watching certain games, that the games are rigged, but how can anyone answer the above questions, cause all of them go against the league's interest.

All very good points. Nice post.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-11-2008, 03:20 PM
With all the conspiracy out there. During the rise of D_WADE the NBA was desperate for a SUPERSTAR to pull in ratings and make $$$$. Kobe Bryant was one of the hated ones with his rape trial. LeBron was new to the leauge. Dirk is good but the NBA hates Cuban. Steve Nash won those MVP but can't get past the Spurs. No other superstar was there to shine.

Did the NBA helped created D-WADE? Those special treatment with touchy fouls call and traveling no call spin moves is sketchy.

I won't be surpise to find out the NBA created a new Super Star in D-WADe. But D-WADE turned out to be an injury prone talent. I guessed the NBA has moved on with D-WADE, now that Kobe image is getting better.

What do you guys think? This whole NBA rigging is getting everyone un-easy..

http://thehype.files.wordpress.com/2006/06/dwademichael.jpg

Eldrunko247
06-11-2008, 03:28 PM
d whistle was already a good player his first few years in the league but YES the league did help him along. I've never seen anyone in the league get as many biased calls as he did aside from Jordan.

RandomBalla55
06-11-2008, 03:30 PM
d whistle was already a good player his first few years in the league but YES the league did help him along. I've never seen anyone in the league get as many biased calls as he did aside from Jordan.

Basically. DWhistle was really fun to watch before every friggin call went his way in that NBA Finals.

juju151111
06-11-2008, 03:31 PM
With all the conspiracy out there. During the rise of D_WADE the NBA was desperate for a SUPERSTAR to pull in ratings and make $$$$. Kobe Bryant was one of the hated ones with his rape trial. LeBron was new to the leauge. Dirk is good but the NBA hates Cuban. Steve Nash won those MVP but can't get past the Spurs. No other superstar was there to shine.

Did the NBA helped created D-WADE? Those special treatment with touchy fouls call and traveling no call spin moves is sketchy.

I won't be surpise to find out the NBA created a new Super Star in D-WADe. But D-WADE turned out to be an injury prone talent. I guessed the NBA has moved on with D-WADE, now that Kobe image is getting better.

What do you guys think? This whole NBA rigging is getting everyone un-easy..

http://thehype.files.wordpress.com/2006/06/dwademichael.jpg
huh s^.tony parker gets away with the same spin moves.

niko
06-11-2008, 03:37 PM
If you really think the NBA cheats that much that NOTHING else besides that should be discussed, why do you still watch? we have 10 threads on the main board about this, some are valid and some are absolutely asinine. If I believed EVERYTHING is fixed, I'd no longer watch. Even if you do believe that, every ****ing thought that pops into your head doesn't need a thread.

This board has three discussions
1) I Hate Kobe
2) **** Those who say I Hate Kobe
3) THe NBA cheats..

its getting to the point that there is very little that qualifies as discussion. Can it stop?

bigkingsfan
06-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Because people still watch the WWe

niko
06-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Because people still watch the WWe

It's not the same. The discussion on this board is all based on it being real. Even when people say the NBA cheats, its based on the assumption SOME of it is real. If you really think the Bobcats are cheated, or there is some grand plan to make Wade a star, etc. - this is not the board for you. There is a delusional moron board out there somewhere i'm sure.

Sports analysis is based on teh sport being real. Even if this is true, it doesn't make every dribble fake.

and basically i think people who would still watch are morons and you say people watch the wwe, aka MORONS so im good with that.

and we dont need 10 threads on it regardless.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
Basically. DWhistle was really fun to watch before every friggin call went his way in that NBA Finals.

exactly...that's why my mind is blogging right now..the NBA helped some way...

:eek:

NewYorkUSCtrojan

i agree with you brotha..

niko
06-11-2008, 03:42 PM
WIth Lebron out there why the **** would the league look to Wade?

mattreis62
06-11-2008, 03:42 PM
You forgot the 4th topic of discussion:

The "Everyone who thinks the NBA is rigged is a moron" threads

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-11-2008, 03:47 PM
WIth Lebron out there why the **** would the league look to Wade?

LeBron didn't have much help. With Shaq going to Miami, the NBA took advantage of that along with the weak Eastern Conference.

BigJake
06-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Didnt He And Lebron Come Into The League At The Same Time? :confusedshrug: So wouldnt it have been just as easy for them to blow Lebron up? ...oh wait, THEY HAVE....fool got swept in the finals and he's still somewhat the Golden Boy of the NBA...dont get me wrong I'm a fan, but what I'm speaking is truth. Everybody is doing what Tim Donaghy wanted them to do, start making off the wall ridiculous accusations, just trying not to go down alone BE A MAN TIM! :cry: don't feed into it people

loot
06-11-2008, 03:55 PM
you are a retard who started watching basketball yesterday. im starting to dislike the ish forum a lot.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Didnt He And Lebron Come Into The League At The Same Time? :confusedshrug: So wouldnt it have been just as easy for them to blow Lebron up? ...oh wait, THEY HAVE....fool got swept in the finals and he's still somewhat the Golden Boy of the NBA...dont get me wrong I'm a fan, but what I'm speaking is truth. Everybody is doing what Tim Donaghy wanted them to do, start making off the wall ridiculous accusations, just trying not to go down alone BE A MAN TIM! :cry: don't feed into it people

They both came into the leauge together. But LeBron is younger in age than D-Wade. The leauge didn't think LeBron was ready to handle all this pressure. It would be too obvious making him the automatic "GOLDEN BOY". Also, LeBron had no help on his team. With Kobe Bryant being the hated one. There was no Super Star to be made. They divert it to D-Wade getting the special treatment. Creating D-Wade.

Don't get me started on LeBron and the Cavs reaching the finals. I know the East was weak..But Cavs making the finals>>???

RiPPn
06-11-2008, 03:56 PM
People keep questioning why the NBA would want the Spurs in the finals, but didn't it recently come out that Stern has a bunch of cronies in the Spurs organization, it's a stretch to think he would go that far as to change history for his friends, but maybe if he is getting a kick back, who knows.

If you watch the Utah/Lakers series of this playoffs, you can see the officiating heavily favored the Lakers in the first 2 games, the 4th quarters of games 3,4, and 5, and then terribly in game 6. The comedy in this is Utah almost pushed it 7 games even going 5 on 8.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-11-2008, 03:58 PM
you are a retard who started watching basketball yesterday. im starting to dislike the ish forum a lot.

there's a reason i never respond to any of your threads or posting.

nut case...

loot
06-11-2008, 04:00 PM
there's a reason i never respond to any of your threads or posting.

nut case...

you react like a geek who just had his lunch stolen.

BigJake
06-11-2008, 04:01 PM
They both came into the leauge together. But LeBron is younger in age than D-Wade. The leauge didn't think LeBron was ready to handle all this pressure. It would be too obvious making him the automatic "GOLDEN BOY". Also, LeBron had no help on his team. With Kobe Bryant being the hated one. There was no Super Star to be made. They divert it to D-Wade getting the special treatment. Creating D-Wade.

Don't get me started on LeBron and the Cavs reaching the finals. I know the East was weak..But Cavs making the finals>>???

I'm not sure, Melo Came In And Was Riding Off Of An NCAA Title. D'wade got credit for what he was able to do as a rookie which was carry his team on his back to the 2nd round of the playoffs. And to all these people saying Jordan got every call thrown his way..so you're saying the League made him the best player to ever touch a basketball? and it was the league that made him the standard to which every "decent" player desires to reach and or surpass? LOL can Tin Donaghy post from jail? is he out on bond running loose on ISH? lol what's really going on people? :banghead:

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-11-2008, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=BigJake

BlazersDozen
06-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I don't think the Portland Vs. LA game 7 was rigged. If I remember correctly, Portland had a 15 point lead and they lost it due to a shift in momentum not from bad calls and massive free throws like the LA Vs. Sactown game. Although, if Portland would've held on then I have no doubt in my mind that they would've beat the Pacers. I still remember the air ball three from Bonzi Wells like it happened yesterday :(

Also, if the NBA was rigging games then why the Hell did we have series like Spurs Vs. Nets or Spurs Vs. Pistons?

P.S. To above post!

If Stern wanted Spurs in the Finals then Joey Crawford would NEVER ref their series, which holds false.

hito da god
06-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Smh, this is getting way too ridiculous now

StroShow4
06-11-2008, 04:13 PM
RIGGED: Did the NBA made D-WADE a Superstar?

that is quite possibly the single dumbest thing i have ever read on this site.

loot
06-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Melo will never be in the NBA Finals. Melo will just be a consistent All Star type of player. Melo's thuggish image doesn't bold well with the leauge and their "wanting to help the community" image.

Why did you think the Spurs won those titles? The Spurs squeaky clean image during Kobe's rape trial and No real Super Star stepping up helped them win.
the spurs won those titles because they had one of the best players ever and coaches ever on their team and a very good supporting cast with a great 6th man, a very good pg, nice shooters and smart veterans. you're making an ass out of yourself.

this is my last post in the regular forum for this year. cya.

gts
06-11-2008, 04:16 PM
It's not the same. The discussion on this board is all based on it being real. Even when people say the NBA cheats, its based on the assumption SOME of it is real. If you really think the Bobcats are cheated, or there is some grand plan to make Wade a star, etc. - this is not the board for you. There is a delusional moron board out there somewhere i'm sure.

Sports analysis is based on teh sport being real. Even if this is true, it doesn't make every dribble fake.

and basically i think people who would still watch are morons and you say people watch the wwe, aka MORONS so im good with that.

yep.. well said

i don't watch wrestling because it's a predetermined outcome, i don't care if they are althletic...i'm certainly not gonna watch any sport where there is an outside influence tweaking the game from behind the scenes, it would be a total waste of time...

NewYorkUSCtrojan

coming from a guy who's a fan of a loser **** talker...

Penny37
Every day I say that, and every day ISH never fails to amaze me.

cliffhagan
I felt that the Suns series was unfair and that Wade got a few more calls than he should, but the allegations pretty much just give millions of angry fans what they fell is now a legitimate excuse for why their team lost. This hurts the league more than it helps.

What if your team didn't get screwed and you still feel betrayed? Does my objective viewpoint increase the validity of the allegations (to which I agree)?

Penny37
06-11-2008, 04:19 PM
If you really think the NBA cheats that much that NOTHING else besides that should be discussed, why do you still watch? we have 10 threads on the main board about this, some are valid and some are absolutely asinine. If I believed EVERYTHING is fixed, I'd no longer watch. Even if you do believe that, every ****ing thought that pops into your head doesn't need a thread.

1) I Hate Kobe
3) THe NBA cheats..

its getting to the point that there is very little that qualifies as discussion. Can it stop?
Well said brother.
The sad part is the lack of discussion is pissing everyone off, yet we still can't seem to stop it.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-11-2008, 04:19 PM

1) I Hate Kobe
3) THe NBA cheats..

think about it..polls are popping up every on every major websites...over 70% of Americans thinks the NBA is rigged..many sports radio talk show host saying this is a known thing in the leauge but been hush hush...

if there's reason for doubt..there's something there.....

gts
06-11-2008, 04:21 PM
think about it..polls are popping up every on every major websites...over 70% of Americans thinks the NBA is rigged..many sports radio talk show host saying this is a known thing in the leauge but been hush hush...

if there's reason for doubt..there's something there.....then stop watching if it bothers you that much, make a statement, start a boycott... do something about it...

BlazersDozen
06-11-2008, 04:22 PM
What do you mean LeBron was still new to the league? LeBron had a bigger and faster impact on the league than Wade did plus they were drafted in the same draft. LeBron was impacting the NBA a year and a half before he was even in the NBA. Wade was impacting the league in his second season. He had a good rookie year but was outshined by Carmelo and LeBron.

ChuckOakley
06-11-2008, 05:01 PM
The thing is, as much as there may be corruption not every referee is corrupt and I doubt many if any players are "in on it". And we as fans have no idea the extent, nor who is doing what to what teams. Even if it is fixed, we don't know the outcome and still want to find out who will win.

However, it only takes a few bad officials to determine the outcome of a games if needed and this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. I would put money on Stern knowning about this and being a part of it. His job is to make the NBA as profitbale as possible, and he like anybody that is worth millions is a shrewd business man who knows how things work. He is not beyond corruption, and in fact is the most likely candidate to be corrupt.

JPR
06-11-2008, 05:04 PM
they obviously did, he's nothing without 15-20 Free throw attempts per game. He's got no outside game and pretty much sucks without shaq not to mention he's injury prone. Wade = Most Overrated Player in the NBA.

ChrisKreager
06-11-2008, 05:05 PM
So, the NBA told the Pistons to pass up D-Wade in the 2003 draft?

iamgine
06-11-2008, 05:06 PM

1) I Hate Kobe
3) THe NBA cheats..

By that logic you should stop coming to this board. By discussing it and spreading it, people feel that they are spreading a good message and hope that NBA will be improved in this area when this become more public. And it somewhat work, I think the number of people who were nonbelievers of this conspiracy theory and now is a somewhat believer has increased. We all want to be sure that NBA is not rigged and we all want quality discussions. Too bad if the NBA can't shake off these allegations, quality discussions is going to be hard to come by.

I do agree however with your attempt to improve this board. We really don't need that many thread, maybe make a thread if there is a new proof to this conspiracy theory.

NewYorkUSCtrojan
06-11-2008, 05:13 PM
it's pure entertainment my friends..

http://slam.canoe.ca/SlamWrestlingGalleryImages/jul9806_malone.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/hulkroif/savhrod.jpg

http://theangryt.com/images/9-75/manager_clip_image011.jpg

ShowtymeCA2NC
06-11-2008, 05:35 PM

unfortunately,this is a board for delusional morons..just look at the Threads

MrEncinas
06-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Gotta be kinda impressed. I mean, these crazy conspiracy theory threads keep getting better and better. Takes a special kinda of crazy to come up with this ****.

final.wrath
06-11-2008, 06:05 PM
"I'm Tim Donaghy, I'm going to jail.. how do I deflect attention from myself and lump **** on the people sending me there?

Hmm.. I know.. I'll find the 2 most controversial series of the last 5 years, attach my name to the conspiracy theorists' idea that they were rigged and watch people collectively nut themselves."

You guys are easier to play than pinball.

no, you're just naive. conspiracies are the norm, its human nature. probably all major sports are rigged to some extent.

you're the one whos easier to play than pinball (which isn't an easy game either wtf).... david stern is great with rhetoric and he's done a great job of making donaghy look like the lone gunman.

haha you're probably the type of guy who believes lee harvey oswald killed kennedy.

MrEncinas
06-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Wow.

cliffhagan
06-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Several things:

1.) To hide the NBA's "thug" image
2.) To create a dynasty (an attempt at least)
3.) International market - Stern's real dream is expansion. Manu is basically MJ in Europe.

Also, the Spurs are actually top 10 in revenue for NBA teams. So their "market" must be pretty big, even if it's not all in San Antonio...

SsKSpurs21
06-11-2008, 06:23 PM
the Spurs usually have the best record every year. it would be a bigger conspiracy if they didnt win one ring while consistantly having the best record in the stronger west. :confusedshrug:

Da KO King
Honestly I don't think there was a rigged series. In fact everything I've read about this situation seems to suggest that it was only a game or two that (allegedly) weren't on the up and up.

SayTownRy
spurs are the antithesis to everything going on.

asking "why the spurs?" lends to the idea that no rigging could have ever taken place.

:rolleyes:

that or they're just that ****ing good.