BlazersDozen
07-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Lets make a rule...

No Andrew Bynum and no Greg Oden!

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Lets make a rule...

No Andrew Bynum and no Greg Oden!
Just list your top 5 big men in terms of when healthy and who is better now, not future or any of that stuff, who is the best now.

shaoyut
07-03-2008, 12:10 AM
kg
dwight
yao ming
amare
bosh

Silverbullit
07-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Duncan
KG
Dirk
Dwight
Amare

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Yao > Dwight > Amare and it's not even close YET.

statman32
07-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Ok moron. Go back in your hole now.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Just because Amare plays no defense what so ever and hardly creates his shot just like Dwight doesn't mean he is better than either one of them.

BlazersDozen
07-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Dwight
Yao
Duncan
Garnett
Bosh (Yes I said it!)

Jimmy2k8
07-03-2008, 12:14 AM

:oldlol: These Rocket bandwagoners are really starting to piss me off.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Yao is better than Dwight right now and it's not close, Amare? When did this dude get in the discussion of elite big men?

Yao Owns Dwight Head-to-Head and Owns him everything offensively and is better man to man defense than Dwight Howard, plus Dwight got owned by the pistons with them using 1 on 1 defense against him.

statman32
07-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Just because Amare plays no defense what so ever and hardly creates his shot just like Dwight doesn't mean he is better than either one of them.
Way to exgerrate. Amare is a average pf defender. He can create his own shot and is better offensively than the both of them.

RIMMER
07-03-2008, 12:16 AM

Yao>Amare>>>Dwight

Fair nuff?

Silverbullit
07-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Yao is only top 5 if the question is "Top 5 Asian big Men in the league today". :D

DreamYaoTmac5
Yao>Amare>>>Dwight

Fair nuff?
I could agree, but I don't, I think Amare is better than Dwight offensively, but I really think Defense is also important so that is why I believe Dwight is better, Amare is too bad defensively.

kobeFANNER
Dirk
Duncan
KG
YAO
Dwight

Give Dirk anywhere near the supporting cast that Duncan or KG had this past season and that team would be almost unbeatable. Ofcourse Dirk doesn't rebound for **** but whatever.

statman32
07-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Dwight
Yao
Duncan
Garnett
Bosh (Yes I said it!)
Duncan/Garnett are the two best big men. Its not even arguable right now. Bosh is no way better than DIrk or Amare. Buy yourself a clue next time.

DuMa
i dont call dirk a big man.

DreamYaoTmac5
Way to exgerrate. Amare is a average pf defender. He can create his own shot and is better offensively than the both of them.
he can't create on the low-post, if he did nobody would question why Steve Nash makes him so much better, he is a great finisher though I do give him that, I just do not believe he is better than either one at this point.

statman32
07-03-2008, 12:19 AM
I could agree, but I don't, I think Amare is better than Dwight offensively, but I really think Defense is also important so that is why I believe Dwight is better, Amare is too bad defensively.
Dwight is the most overrated defender in the game. Amare is a average pf defender. Prove me wrong.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Dirk
Duncan
KG
YAO
Dwight

Give Dirk anywhere near the supporting cast that Duncan or KG had this past season and that team would be almost unbeatable. Ofcourse Dirk doesn't rebound for **** but whatever.
Mavericks Fan? :oldlol:

Dirk is def not better than Duncan or KG

Duncan had ZERO all-stars with him in 2003 where he KILLED the nets all by HIMSELF, His 2nd best player was the emerging Tony Parker who wasn't really a anybody at that point, he also had David Robinson playing 23 minutes in a game, where he was on his last leg and Stephen Jackson pretty much just a 3 point shooter and that's it

So No.

statman32
07-03-2008, 12:20 AM
he can't create on the low-post, if he did nobody would question why Steve Nash makes him so much better, he is a great finisher though I do give him that, I just do not believe he is better than either one at this point.
He averaged 25/10 after the all-star break in his 2nd season with a rokkie Barbosa as his point guard. Nuff said.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Dwight is the most overrated defender in the game. Amare is a average pf defender. Prove me wrong.
I agree Dwight is somewhat overrated on defense, but i do not believe Amare is an average PF defender, He is a good shot blocker and that's about it, he doesn't give enough effort for me to consider him a good PF defender, Average does not cut it for a top 5 big men today. Amare is better than Bosh on defense on the other hand.

Sroek
07-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Duncan
Yao
KG
Dirk
Stoudemire

statman32
07-03-2008, 12:23 AM
I agree Dwight is somewhat overrated on defense, but i do not believe Amare is an average PF defender, He is a good shot blocker and that's about it, he doesn't give enough effort for me to consider him a good PF defender, Average does not cut it for a top 5 big men today. Amare is better than Bosh on defense on the other hand.
Im not asking you to consider him a good pf defender since hes a average pf defender. Considering Yao and Dwight are not all-world defenders and dont compare offensively with Amare its easy for someone with smarts to put Amare in the top 5.

Trax416
07-03-2008, 12:23 AM
Duncan/Garnett are the two best big men. Its not even arguable right now. Bosh is no way better than DIrk or Amare. Buy yourself a clue next time.

Bosh is a better shooter, a better defender, creates his own shot and leads an entire team.

He is far better then Amare is. WTF are you talking about...

BOsh is a top 3 PF, and maybe a top 5 big man. After this next season, when he can finally play PF, I am sure everyone will have him as a top 5 big man. All you need to do is look at his stats when he actually plays PF, and doesn't have to help be a fake center and get injured.

statman32
07-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Bosh is a better shooter, a better defender, creates his own shot and leads an entire team.

Is it opposite day where you live?

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Im not asking you to consider him a good pf defender since hes a average pf defender. Considering Yao and Dwight are not all-world defenders and dont compare offensively with Amare its easy for someone with smarts to put Amare in the top 5.
Yao is offensively better than Amare, Amare is a great finisher and a pretty good shooter himself, But until he starts being feed in the low-post and creating and scoring there, I don't consider him better than Yao.

Amare needs to create for himself before making himself one of the very elite offensive players in the league.

BrentISballin
07-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Amare
Dwight
Duncan
Yao
KG

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:27 AM

BOsh is a top 3 PF, and maybe a top 5 big man. After this next season, when he can finally play PF, I am sure everyone will have him as a top 5 big man. All you need to do is look at his stats when he actually plays PF, and doesn't have to help be a fake center and get injured.
Bosh is probably the worst defensive post player in the league, he got flat out schooled by Dwight Howard, a raw 22 year old who doesn't really have much post moves, Dwight just overpowered him all over the place, Bosh is not even a top 5 PF in my book.

Trax416
07-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Is it opposite day where you live?

It's the truth, which is probably why you don't have a real answer for it.

Maybe his amazing 16 percent 3 point shooting, and lack of mid-range game makes Amare better then Bosh. :roll:

Amare attacks the basket better then Chris, thats about all he does.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:29 AM

Maybe his amazing 23 percent 3 point shooting, 63 percent free throw shooting, and lack of mid-range game makes Amare better then Bosh. :roll:

Try Finishing baskets, blocking shots, and rebounding.

statman32
07-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Yao is offensively better than Amare, Amare is a great finisher and a pretty good shooter himself, But until he starts being feed in the low-post and creating and scoring there, I don't consider him better than Yao.

Amare needs to create for himself before making himself one of the very elite offensive players in the league.
Amare doenst need to learn how to create in the low post to be better offensively. He can already do that from the high post. You play him tight and he easily drives past you, you sag off of him and hell stick the jumper.

You dont see these things b/c you cant see past Yaos balls. To say Amare isnt in the discussion when it comes to top 5 big men is a bannable offense.

musicman132
07-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Dwight
Duncan
Amare
KG
dirk

statman32
07-03-2008, 12:32 AM

Maybe his amazing 16 percent 3 point shooting, and lack of mid-range game makes Amare better then Bosh. :roll:

Lack of mid range game?

http://www.82games.com/0708/07PHO15A.HTM

Amare shoots 46.1% on jumpers

http://www.82games.com/0708/07TOR15A.HTM

Bosh shoots 41.4% on jumpers.

So how exactly does Amare lack a mid range game?

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Amare doenst need to learn how to create in the low post to be better offensively. He can already do that from the high post. You play him tight and he easily drives past you, you sag off of him and hell stick the jumper.

You dont see these things b/c you cant see past Yaos balls. To say Amare isnt in the discussion when it comes to top 5 big men is a bannable offense.
i'm not saying he isn't discussable about being a top 5 big men, I just don't believe he is, He's probably the 6th best big men in the league, I just believe the list i put up is the clear cut list of Top 5 Big Men.

Amare is not a creator of his own shot, that is what is concerning me about putting him in the top 5.

Trax416
07-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Try Finishing baskets, blocking shots, and rebounding.

He averaged less then half a rebound more then Bosh, and Bosh was injured some of this season, and played with an injury most of the season.

So if you value 1 extra blocked shot a game, and half a rebound, over superior 12 foot game, better defense, and leadership skills, you are insane.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:34 AM
He averaged less then half a rebound more then Bosh, and Bosh was injured some of this season, and played with an injury most of the season.

So if you value 1 extra blocked shot a game, and half a rebound, over superior 12 foot game, better defense, and leadership skills, you are insane.
better defense?
In What world are you talking about? Bosh is by far the softest player in the league, he is softer than Dirk, Yao, Shawn Bradley and all those guys people consider to be soft because they are not black or on sportscenter often, I remember Stephen A. Smith saying the Magic will win because Bosh needs to bulk up, well he is totally correct, because Bosh is so weak and that is why he is a terrible defender, he can just get banged and banged all day and allow points every time.

statman32
07-03-2008, 12:35 AM
i'm not saying he isn't discussable about being a top 5 big men, I just don't believe he is, He's probably the 6th best big men in the league, I just believe the list i put up is the clear cut list of Top 5 Big Men.

Amare is not a creator of his own shot, that is what is concerning me about putting him in the top 5.

Yao is better than Dwight right now and it's not close, Amare? When did this dude get in the discussion of elite big men?

O rly?

Amare can create his own shot just as much as Yao and Dwight.

Trax416
07-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Lack of mid range game?

http://www.82games.com/0708/07PHO15A.HTM

Amare shoots 46.1% on jumpers

http://www.82games.com/0708/07TOR15A.HTM

Bosh shoots 41.4% on jumpers.

So how exactly does Amare lack a mid range game?

He shoots less jumpers and if you didn't notice, Bosh's knees were ****ed all season long.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:37 AM
O rly?

Amare can create his own shot just as much as Yao and Dwight.
Are you trolling or just being a homer? Because he does not create his own shot in the low post, How often do you see him doing a turnaround fadeaway, or hook shots and all that?

I don't see it, I do know he is probably capable of doing it, but he hasn't done it so far.

Sorry, But I am now waiting for other people's opinion you can't change my mind, because you are giving me the exact same reasons every time

statman32
07-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Are you trolling or just being a homer? Because he does not create his own shot in the low post, How often do you see him doing a turnaround fadeaway, or hook shots and all that?

I don't see it, I do know he is probably capable of doing it, but he hasn't done it so far.

Sorry, But I am now waiting for other people's opinion you can't change my mind, because you are giving me the exact same reasons every time
ARe you really accusing me of trolling? :oldlol:

Once again. He doesnt need to create his own shot in the low post. He does that in the high post and is more effective offensively than the two. Hes proven he doesnt need Nash and all that Nash does is make him a little more efficent while his ppg goes up because the ball is in his hands more.

Im giving you the same reasons but dont blame me for not understanding. Blame your lack of ability to comprehend common sense.

statman32
07-03-2008, 12:43 AM
He shoots less jumpers and if you didn't notice, Bosh's knees were ****ed all season long.
53% of Amares shot attempts are jumpers while 58% of Boshs shot attempts are jumpers.

Bosh has also never shot as good as Amare shot this year on jumpers so unless Bosh has always been injured your point is deemed invalid.

Silverbullit
07-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Take a look at bigs at the All NBA teams:

First team:
KG
Dwight

Second team:
Duncan
Dirk
Amare

Third team:
Boozer
Yao

Trax416
07-03-2008, 12:52 AM
53% of Amares shot attempts are jumpers while 58% of Boshs shot attempts are jumpers.

Bosh has also never shot as good as Amare shot this year on jumpers so unless Bosh has always been injured your point is deemed invalid.

Bosh has more points per 100 possessions, less points allowed and has better rebounding at 25, 72, 49(total). He fouls less, and is a better three point shooter.

He was also forced to play center, or help at center all season long. Where as Amare could go back and play his normal PF position when Shaq came on board. Compare Amare's stats when he was in the same position as Bosh, to Bosh's right now.

It's also stupid to compare fg's when Amare was healthy, he had a center for half the season and could play PF, and has Steve Nash as a point guard.

Bosh was injured, had to play center, and had two feuding point guards, one being Tj ford who shoots firsts passes second.

qrich
07-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Duncan, KG, Yao, Amare, Brand.

Call me a homer, I don't really care. Elton is an elite defender and is no slouch on the offensive end as he has a nice sweeping hook shot, can face up and play back to the basket and is able to knock down the midrange J.

Trax416
07-03-2008, 12:55 AM
better defense?
In What world are you talking about? Bosh is by far the softest player in the league, he is softer than Dirk, Yao, Shawn Bradley and all those guys people consider to be soft because they are not black or on sportscenter often, I remember Stephen A. Smith saying the Magic will win because Bosh needs to bulk up, well he is totally correct, because Bosh is so weak and that is why he is a terrible defender, he can just get banged and banged all day and allow points every time.

Bosh isn't a center, and no PF dominate Bosh. He is getting pushed around in the post because thats not where he is suppose to play. Why do you think the Raptors are trying to get a defensive big so bad? Also, he isn't even really getting pushed around. He averages more rebounds per 100 possessions then Amare does, and outside of this season, they block almost the same amount of shots.

It wasn't Bosh's fault Raptors got dominate, it was our lack of big man. Bosh dominated Orlando's PF much like Dwight dominated our centers.

Orlando's coach literally said "Bosh dominated us". When Bosh dropped 40+ on them. Then he goes off for 30+ point games and a 39 PTS 15 rebound game in the playoffs.

He does what he can with the garbage the Raptors have.

When Bosh actually gets to play PF, and doesn't need to help on center, he averaged close to 29 PPG and 10 rebounds.

qrich
07-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Bosh isn't a center, and no PF dominate Bosh. He is getting pushed around in the post because thats not where he is suppose to play.

So tell me, where should a PF play if the post isn't where they are supposed to play?

statman32
07-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Bosh has more points per 100 possessions, less points allowed and has better rebounding at 25, 72, 49(total). He fouls less, and is a better three point shooter.

He was also forced to play center, or help at center all season long. Where as Amare could go back and play his normal PF position when Shaq came on board. Compare Amare's stats when he was in the same position as Bosh, to Bosh's right now.

It's also stupid to compare fg's when Amare was healthy, he had a center for half the season and could play PF, and has Steve Nash as a point guard.

Bosh was injured, had to play center, and had two feuding point guards, one being Tj ford who shoots firsts passes second.
What the hell are you talking about? Can you provide me with a link to those stats?

Oh and :applause: at Bosh being a better 3 point shooter. :oldlol:

I have compared Amares stats when he was in the same position as Bosh. This isnt the 1st season Amare has put up good stats. He's a 2 time 1st team All-Nba player dumbass

You keep using the injured excuse but his stats arent much if any worse than past seasons so thats totally invalid.

Lebron23
07-03-2008, 01:04 AM
1. Kevin Garnett
2. Tim Duncan
3. Amare Stoudemire
4. Dwight Howard
5. Yao Ming

Honorable Mention:

6. Dirk Nowitzki
7. Chris Bosh

Grinder
07-03-2008, 01:10 AM
PF
1. Kevin Garnett
2. Tim Duncan
3. Amare Stoudemire
4. Dirk Nowitzki
5. Chris Bosh

C
1. Dwight Howard
2. Yao Ming
3. Tyson Chandler
4. Chris Kaman
5. Marcus Camby

highwhey
07-03-2008, 01:33 AM

Seems about right.

D12 get's 20 rebounds and all of sudden he's the best big man in the league...Joakim Noah grabbed 20 rebounds as well, is he 2nd? For what it's worth, Amare's D is underrated, he averages about the same blocks as D12..about 4 less RPG. For some reason people think Amare has no D. I know it's not all about stats, but they measure how a player performs.

:confusedshrug:

Silverbullit
07-03-2008, 01:44 AM
PER Leaders 2007-2008:

1. LeBron James-CLE 29.1
2. Chris Paul-NOH 28.3
3. Amare Stoudemire-PHO 27.6
4. Kevin Garnett-BOS 25.2
5. Dirk Nowitzki-DAL 24.6
6. Tim Duncan-SAS 24.3
7. Manu Ginobili-SAS 24.3
8. Kobe Bryant-LAL 24.2
9. Chris Bosh-TOR 23.8
10. Chauncey Billups-DET 23.6
11. Dwight Howard-ORL 22.9
12. Al Jefferson-MIN 22.7
13. Yao Ming-HOU 22.5
14. Carlos Boozer-UTA 21.9
15. Pau Gasol-TOT 21.6
16. Steve Nash-PHO 21.1
17. Carmelo Anthony-DEN 21.1
18. Kevin Martin-SAC 21.0
19. Allen Iverson-DEN 20.9
20. Deron Williams-UTA 20.8

dffsaf9
07-03-2008, 02:06 AM
PER Leaders 2007-2008:

1. LeBron James-CLE 29.1
2. Chris Paul-NOH 28.3
3. Amare Stoudemire-PHO 27.6
4. Kevin Garnett-BOS 25.2
5. Dirk Nowitzki-DAL 24.6
6. Tim Duncan-SAS 24.3
7. Manu Ginobili-SAS 24.3
8. Kobe Bryant-LAL 24.2
9. Chris Bosh-TOR 23.8
10. Chauncey Billups-DET 23.6
11. Dwight Howard-ORL 22.9
12. Al Jefferson-MIN 22.7
13. Yao Ming-HOU 22.5
14. Carlos Boozer-UTA 21.9
15. Pau Gasol-TOT 21.6
16. Steve Nash-PHO 21.1
17. Carmelo Anthony-DEN 21.1
18. Kevin Martin-SAC 21.0
19. Allen Iverson-DEN 20.9
20. Deron Williams-UTA 20.8

Bosh was leading all bigs in PER before getting injured

Koop1
07-03-2008, 02:15 AM
Garnett

Duncan

Yao

Amare

Howard/Bosh

FireMcFailPlease
07-03-2008, 02:19 AM
Im curious to know how good amare will be without a PG.

statman32
07-03-2008, 02:22 AM
Weve already seen that. He put up 25/10 after the all-star break in his 2nd season with a rookie Barbosa at point guard. I swear some people on ISH have only been watching the NBA for a couple years.

highwhey
07-03-2008, 02:23 AM

I like how people make these claims even though they don't watch these players actually play. I don't care if you've watched 1 Suns game...you need to watch all the seasons to be able to make a legit claim about a player.

Sroek
07-03-2008, 02:29 AM
Anyone who doesn't have Duncan and Yao at the top of their lists is delusional.

Placing Dwight above KG and Dirk is also preposterous.

WildStyle
07-03-2008, 02:40 AM
D12 get's 20 rebounds and all of sudden he's the best big man in the league...Joakim Noah grabbed 20 rebounds as well, is he 2nd?

If you think that's the only reason some people call Dwight one of the best big men you need to do your homework. Joakim Noah grabbed 20 rebounds? Ok, fine. Now how many times did he do it while scoring 20+ points in the same game?

As for defense... Bosh and Amare are soft floppers. Dwight Howard has never flopped in his life. He plays defense like a real man yet he's younger than both.

There, that should get Bosh and Amare fans foaming at the mouth.

3stat2
07-03-2008, 03:42 AM
I don't get why people love to claim Amare can't create his own shot. But it's always supporters of opposing big men who claim it, in order to somehow make Amare look worse than their favourite player.

Did anyone watch the 04-05 series against the Spurs? Amare got almost all of his points in the 4th quarter off isolations. They dumped the ball to Amare and cleared out. Here's the video evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC3BQz3g9as

And he was far less skilled back then compared to now. He has more moves now, more ways to create his own shot. It's absolutely bogus to claim he can't create his own shot.

kobeFANNER
07-03-2008, 03:54 AM
I don't know why people hate on Dirk so much. He pretty much carries the Mavericks to the postseason every year. KG isn't even the first option on his own team. Dirk's supporting cast is almost getting to be as laughable as Kobe's was 2 years ago. Make Dirk a second option on any team and they'd beast. Dirk might not be the best "BIG MAN" type player. But he is the 2nd best overall PLAYER out of those 5 that mostly everyone lists.

in terms of better overall player

Duncan
Dirk
KG
YAO
DHoward

in terms of a Low post physical Big man presence

Duncan
DHoward
Yao
KG
Dirk

B-Mac
07-03-2008, 04:56 AM
Dwight
KG
Yao
Duncan
Dirk
Amare
Bosh
Boozer
Jefferson
Camby

HANNIBAL SMITH
07-03-2008, 05:28 AM
Duncan - still the best big man in the game.
Garnett
Howard
Yao
Amare

Rafa
07-03-2008, 06:19 AM
Duncan
KG
Yao
Amare
Dwight

loot
07-03-2008, 06:43 AM
BRAND
BRAND
BRAND
BRAND
BRAND

damn im sick & tired of people totally ignoring/forgetting him.

loot
07-03-2008, 06:45 AM
brand > yao, boozer, amare, gasol, jefferson, camby, bosh.

he can score 24/game and still be a defensive force

Kebab Stall
07-03-2008, 06:50 AM
I'll base my selections, on their talent level right now and their contributions to their team.

1. Duncan
2. Garnett
3. Yao
4. Stoudemire
5. Howard

I rank Duncan at the top because the guy is incredible gifter in terms of basketball IQ and skill. He may not be the most atheltic guy on the court, but he sure makes up for that with his IQ and skills. His contributions to the Spurs are just as good as they were 5-10 years ago.

Garnett is number 2 on the list because, for a guy who is a so called 'tough guy' he spends very little time in the post and banging it with some of the other big men. If Garnett had a spent more time playing in the post, than shooting 20 foot shots all game, then he could possibly be number 1.

I put Yao at 3 because he's not yet good enough to be ranked a head of Duncan or KG. He is thoug, the best center in the league, but if we're including all big men, then he's only at the 3rd spot. He could be higher, if injuries weren't such a big concern with him, but I guess that's the price to pay with a frame like his.

I put Amare at the 4th spot because, whilst he does have an excellent offensive game, his defense isn't that great. He's an excellent rebounder for his size and he also has a lot of range on his hot for a big man. His back to the basket game, could use improvement, but I'm sure he could add a few sweet moves to that part of his game over the summer.

Dwight is at the 5th spot, because he lacks an offensive game. His defense is great, but still needs work in order for him to be an excellent defender. If Dwight can add a variety of post moves, some spins, a few fakes and maybe a baby hook, then he would be close to unstoppable. But he has to stop relying on just dunking the ball in order to become a top 3 big man.

Guys like Brand and Boozer just missed out on making my list, but I think both of them are perfectly capable of making into the list, Brand moreso. Jefferson is another player that could fit in with these guys and could defnitly make the top 5 big men within the few years.

Players such as Gasol and Bosh are slightly below Brand and Boozer. Bosh could definitly make into the top 5 within the next 2-3 season, possibly even this season if he works hard on his game over this summer.

Silverbullit
07-03-2008, 07:46 AM
brand > yao, boozer, amare, gasol, jefferson, camby, bosh.

he can score 24/game and still be a defensive force

amare >= brand > yao, boozer, gasol, jefferson, camby, bosh

loot
07-03-2008, 08:16 AM
amare >= brand > yao, boozer, gasol, jefferson, camby, bosh

meh amare's d is iffy.

also brand > dirk

Silverbullit
07-03-2008, 08:18 AM
meh amare's d is iffy.

also brand > dirk

I know you're a Clippers homer, and yes, I'm a Mavs homer, but honestly I believe Dirk > Brand.

loot
07-03-2008, 09:01 AM
I know you're a Clippers homer, and yes, I'm a Mavs homer, but honestly I believe Dirk > Brand.

Meh, I think Brand is further ahead on D than Dirk is on O.

Silverbullit
07-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Meh, I think Brand is further ahead on D than Dirk is on O.

Why did Brand play in only two all star games and was selected All-NBA team (2nd) only once?

AItheAnswer3
07-03-2008, 09:30 AM
1. Dwight
2. Duncan
3. KG
4. Yao
5. Amare

loot
07-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Why did Brand play in only two all star games and was selected All-NBA team (2nd) only once?

Because Brand plays for the Clippers and offense will always garner more respect than defense.

gpfanz
07-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Yao is only top 5 if the question is "Top 5 Asian big Men in the league today". :D

Ur top 5 big black men cant defend the big white man Yao Ming :confusedshrug:

Or rather which of ur black big man can defend Yao Ming one on one? :bowdown:

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 11:11 AM
I'll base my selections, on their talent level right now and their contributions to their team.

1. Duncan
2. Garnett
3. Yao
4. Stoudemire
5. Howard

I rank Duncan at the top because the guy is incredible gifter in terms of basketball IQ and skill. He may not be the most atheltic guy on the court, but he sure makes up for that with his IQ and skills. His contributions to the Spurs are just as good as they were 5-10 years ago.

Garnett is number 2 on the list because, for a guy who is a so called 'tough guy' he spends very little time in the post and banging it with some of the other big men. If Garnett had a spent more time playing in the post, than shooting 20 foot shots all game, then he could possibly be number 1.

I put Yao at 3 because he's not yet good enough to be ranked a head of Duncan or KG. He is thoug, the best center in the league, but if we're including all big men, then he's only at the 3rd spot. He could be higher, if injuries weren't such a big concern with him, but I guess that's the price to pay with a frame like his.

I put Amare at the 4th spot because, whilst he does have an excellent offensive game, his defense isn't that great. He's an excellent rebounder for his size and he also has a lot of range on his hot for a big man. His back to the basket game, could use improvement, but I'm sure he could add a few sweet moves to that part of his game over the summer.

Dwight is at the 5th spot, because he lacks an offensive game. His defense is great, but still needs work in order for him to be an excellent defender. If Dwight can add a variety of post moves, some spins, a few fakes and maybe a baby hook, then he would be close to unstoppable. But he has to stop relying on just dunking the ball in order to become a top 3 big man.

Guys like Brand and Boozer just missed out on making my list, but I think both of them are perfectly capable of making into the list, Brand moreso. Jefferson is another player that could fit in with these guys and could defnitly make the top 5 big men within the few years.

Players such as Gasol and Bosh are slightly below Brand and Boozer. Bosh could definitly make into the top 5 within the next 2-3 season, possibly even this season if he works hard on his game over this summer.
Solid post, I just believe Dirk is above Amare and Dwight, I don't think I'm crazy but I think so because of his ability to take over games and as a big man that's even tougher, I also rank him higher than both because of his passing ability, and his scoring ability is pretty much better than both of them.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 11:16 AM
anybody who put dwight in there top 3 need to get there head out of there asses.

Kebab Stall
07-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Solid post, I just believe Dirk is above Amare and Dwight, I don't think I'm crazy but I think so because of his ability to take over games and as a big man that's even tougher, I also rank him higher than both because of his passing ability, and his scoring ability is pretty much better than both of them.
I knew I was forgetting someone when I made that post, damn it. I even forgot to put him in the extra mentions at the bottom. I think I would rank Dirk above Amare and Dwight as well. Which, on my list, would knock Dwight out of the top 5, but if Dwight has to be knocked out for Dirk to fit in, then so be it.

For a big man, Dirk possesses qualities that should only be found in little men and Dirk is an extremely unique and exciting player to watch. But yeah, maybe if I were thinking when I made that previous post, I would have remembered Dirk.

Auka
07-03-2008, 11:23 AM
It's quite sad some people actually rate Dirk better the Amare FOR LAST SEASON. Dirk didn't do what he did last season being a MVP. If you look in MVP Rankings, the top 5 players would be.

1.Kevin garnet
2.Dwight Howard
3.Amare Stoudemire
4.Tim Duncan
5.Dirk Nowitzki

There you go. Top 5 men in the game.

Sure Yao was injured for the pointy end of the season but I can't see him going higher then Tim Duncan on the list.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 11:25 AM
It's quite sad some people actually rate Dirk better the Amare FOR LAST SEASON. Dirk didn't do what he did last season being a MVP. If you look in MVP Rankings, the top 5 players would be.

1.Kevin garnet
2.Dwight Howard
3.Amare Stoudemire
4.Tim Duncan
5.Dirk Nowitzki

There you go. Top 5 men in the game.

Sure Yao was injured for the pointy end of the season but I can't see him going higher then Tim Duncan on the list.
When he is Healthy he is clearly a top 3 or 4 Big Man, and Dwight is not better than Duncan neither is Amare or KG.

3stat2
07-03-2008, 11:39 AM
These threads are pretty common.
Step 1 - Make seemingly innocent thread about something
Step 2 - Throw around random false statements intended to put down all other players who are a threat to your favourite player
Step 3 - Feverishly click refresh, and angrily reply to anyone who ranks your favourite player under where you see them at
Good job
:applause:

brantonli
07-03-2008, 11:45 AM

I didn't even know the Rockets had bandwagoners, damn the Lakers one ios fulled up even after the finals loss?! :roll:

I totally agree that Yao does not deserve to be put top 2 (that's absurd) and personally I would have my doubts as in top 3. I mean:

1. Duncan
2. Kevin Garnett

Locks.

Then there's Nowitzki (MVP winner), Amare Stoudemire (ROY), Yao Ming (nearly ROY :P), Dwight Howard (ROY) for 3 spots.

3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Yao Ming
5. Amare Stoudemire

Yao and Stoudemire are essentially tied (put Yao ahead just because he's on the Rockets), and I picked Nowitzki at 3rd because he's shown he can lead a winning team (and flop in the Finals) and an MVP award is nothing to sneeze at. Dwight is good on the defensive end, I grant you that, and of course, the saying goes 'Defense wins championships'. More accurately, "Team defence wins championships'. A big man is quite important in a good defence, but for it to be truly effective, EVERYBODY has to be defending, the big man is 1 guy, the defence is made up of 5.

Which is why I put hte more offensively orientated big men in the last 2 slots. Howard's game does not assure me that it can be a solid base to be relied on, while all 5 of them do.

loot
07-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I didn't even know the Rockets had bandwagoners, damn the Lakers one ios fulled up even after the finals loss?! :roll:

I totally agree that Yao does not deserve to be put top 2 (that's absurd) and personally I would have my doubts as in top 3. I mean:

1. Duncan
2. Kevin Garnett

Locks.

Then there's Nowitzki (MVP winner), Amare Stoudemire (ROY), Yao Ming (nearly ROY :P), Dwight Howard (ROY) for 3 spots.

3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Yao Ming
5. Amare Stoudemire

Yao and Stoudemire are essentially tied (put Yao ahead just because he's on the Rockets), and I picked Nowitzki at 3rd because he's shown he can lead a winning team (and flop in the Finals) and an MVP award is nothing to sneeze at. Dwight is good on the defensive end, I grant you that, and of course, the saying goes 'Defense wins championships'. More accurately, "Team defence wins championships'. A big man is quite important in a good defence, but for it to be truly effective, EVERYBODY has to be defending, the big man is 1 guy, the defence is made up of 5.

Which is why I put hte more offensively orientated big men in the last 2 slots. Howard's game does not assure me that it can be a solid base to be relied on, while all 5 of them do.

3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Yao Ming
5. Amare Stoudemire

why are they >> brand?

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 11:53 AM

1. Duncan
2. Kevin Garnett

Locks.

3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Yao Ming
5. Amare Stoudemire

Defense is not actually full of 5 guys, the PG is usually quite irrleveant when it comes to defense, The post defender should always be the best and the wing defender should be 2nd, It's much more important to have a great post defender and a shot blocker than to have just some perimeter guy defending.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 11:53 AM
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Yao Ming
5. Amare Stoudemire

why are they >> brand?
Hard to rank when you played only 10 games last season

brantonli
07-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Defense is not actually full of 5 guys, the PG is usually quite irrleveant when it comes to defense, The post defender should always be the best and the wing defender should be 2nd, It's much more important to have a great post defender and a shot blocker than to have just some perimeter guy defending.

I agree to an extent, as Kevin Garnett demonstrated this past season, but there are star perimeter players like Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen, pretty much any star player who can shoot and drive, a shot blocker at best stops the driving option, a hopeless defender on a player like Ray Allen could let him go off just on his shooting stroke.

And come on, think of a guy like Rafer Alston, he's a streaky defender (I don't know how he does it) but guys like Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Deron Williams just go mad against Rafer (very painful to watch). It may be less important that say a post defender, but is still important.

I would argue that team defence, eveybody needs to buy into a defensive philosophy, there are subtle tiers of which post players are more important, but I think it's more important to get an team with everybody defending instead of just 1 or 2 players.

supraman
07-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Yao is only top 5 if the question is "Top 5 Asian big Men in the league today".

Yao is top 5 big man in the NBA.

Ur top 5 big black men cant defend the big white man Yao Ming :confusedshrug:

Or rather which of ur black big man can defend Yao Ming one on one? :bowdown:

Last time i checked Yao was a yellow man like a banana :banana:

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
I agree to an extent, as Kevin Garnett demonstrated this past season, but there are star perimeter players like Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen, pretty much any star player who can shoot and drive, a shot blocker at best stops the driving option, a hopeless defender on a player like Ray Allen could let him go off just on his shooting stroke.

And come on, think of a guy like Rafer Alston, he's a streaky defender (I don't know how he does it) but guys like Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Deron Williams just go mad against Rafer (very painful to watch). It may be less important that say a post defender, but is still important.

I would argue that team defence, eveybody needs to buy into a defensive philosophy, there are subtle tiers of which post players are more important, but I think it's more important to get an team with everybody defending instead of just 1 or 2 players.
Defending the paint is much more important then defending the jump shot, yeah I know those guys sometimes do pretty well against him but that also happens to other players,

I'll use an example
Tony Parker - Bruce Bowen or Tim Duncan

Who would you want to defend the best? I would want Duncan to defend the best than Bowen than Parker, PG's are just not as important to a Team Defense as post defenders, However i'm not saying PGs don't have to play defense at all, I just don't believe they are as important.

veilside23
07-03-2008, 12:13 PM
1 -a Duncan - as much as i hate it ...
1 - b Garnett
2. D12 - A guy beasting almost everyone and doesnt flop and is just 20+
3 Amare
4 Yao
5. Dirk

gpfanz
07-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Yao is top 5 big man in the NBA.

Last time i checked Yao was a yellow man like a banana :banana:

yeah a yellow banana u cant defend :D

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:38 PM
The only players that should be talked about in this thread are

Amare, Dwight, Dirk, Yao, KG and Duncan and nobody else.

Kebab Stall
07-03-2008, 12:44 PM
The only players that should be talked about in this thread are

Amare, Dwight, Dirk, Yao, KG and Duncan and nobody else.
If someone can make a very good case for players such as Bosh, Brand, Boozer, et cetera, then fine, but I don't want to see this...

"(insert player A here) >>>>> (insert player B here)"

...with no proof, evidence or back up. As long as you can make a strong case for them, then you can mention who ever.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:45 PM
If someone can make a very good case for players such as Bosh, Brand, Boozer, et cetera, then fine, but I don't want to see this...

"(insert player A here) >>>>> (insert player B here)"

...with no proof, evidence or back up. As long as you can make a strong case for them, then you can mention who ever.
I believe there is a huge gap and margin once Amare is listed,

like 6. Amare

7. ?????? PF

loot
07-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Hard to rank when you played only 10 games last season
not really when you've always been a 20+/10 guy with very impressive def. numbers over your career and posted those same stats in the games you did play.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:47 PM
not really when you've always been a 20+/10 guy with very impressive def. numbers over your career and posted those same stats in the games you did play.
Again, It's hard to be ranked NOW when you are only playing 10 games in a season.

Kebab Stall
07-03-2008, 12:48 PM
I believe there is a huge gap and margin once Amare is listed,

like 6. Amare

7. ?????? PF
Huge gap? Hardly, guys like Brand, Boozer and Bosh (even guys like Jefferson, Gasol, Kaman) are up there, with Brand being the closest to maing the top5 , out of the guys I have listed. But it's defintily not a huge gap.

Lebron23
Mcgrady is a Point Forward. :lol

daballa13

Shut up and post some stats if your so sure statwhore

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Mcgrady is a Point Forward. :lol
LeBron is a horrid defender.

Kebab Stall
07-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Who gave me a neutral rep about T-Mac not being a Point Forward? I didn't even say it.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Who gave me a neutral rep about T-Mac not being a Point Forward? I didn't even say it.
Do you agree with that statement?

Lebron23
07-03-2008, 12:59 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Are you tmacyaokobe0115? :lol

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 12:59 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Are you tmacyaokobe0115? :lol
Who? :confusedshrug:

Kebab Stall
07-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Do you agree with that statement?
I don't really care what T-Mac is labelled as, especially when we are suppose to be discussing big men.

Lebron23
07-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Who? :confusedshrug:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tmacyaokobe0115

Somethings will never change even if you created a new account.

hoopslife
07-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Yao Owns Dwight Head-to-Head and Owns him everything offensively and is better man to man defense than Dwight Howard, plus Dwight got owned by the pistons with them using 1 on 1 defense against him.

Dwight got 22 and 18 his second game against the Pistons and then fractured his chest and wasn't the same player the rest of the series. Can't really judge him in that series when he freaking had a fractured sternum. At least he manned up and kept playing, something Yao would have never done.

Buffalobraves
07-03-2008, 01:23 PM
1.td
2.kg
3.dh
4.ym
5.as

redhonda76
07-03-2008, 01:25 PM
1) Duncan
2) KG
3) Yao
4) DH
5) Amare

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Dwight got 22 and 18 his second game against the Pistons and then fractured his chest and wasn't the same player the rest of the series. Can't really judge him in that series when he freaking had a fractured sternum. At least he manned up and kept playing, something Yao would have never done.
Nice Excuse, I don't believe he fractured in game 2, He was destroyed the entire series.

2LeTTeRS
07-03-2008, 02:02 PM

I'm so sick of this same old arguement. Every time there is a rank the big men thread some Chinese Yao fanboy comes in saying there is no way Yao is worse than Amare or Dwight "when healthy", even though Amare is a better offensive player and Dwight is a better defender and on the boards, and Yao for as talented as he is seems to not be able to stay healthy enough for it to matter. So if you're so dead set on Yao being better than fine, but give me the player thats just as good that I can count on for 80 games a year.

At least Detroit is known as a defensive minded team. Last year Yao was shut down by Mehmet Okur, and this year he was hurt and his team performed just as well as they would have had he been healthy.

Trax416
07-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Bosh was leading all bigs in PER before getting injured

People sleep in Bosh because he is in Toronto.

Bosh was injured almost all last season, and sat out a good chunk of games due to that injury. He also couldn't play a real PF position and was stuck trying to help centers.

He still averaged almost 20-10, had more blocks and rebounds per 100 possessions then Amare did, and allowed less points per 100 possessions then Amare did. He also didn't have Shaq, or Steve Nash like Amare does.

He was also the best all around shooter out of all the big men in the NBA, and outplayed EVERY PF he faced last year.

Bosh is under-rated.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm so sick of this same old arguement. Every time there is a rank the big men thread some Chinese Yao fanboy comes in saying there is no way Yao is worse than Amare or Dwight "when healthy", even though Amare is a better offensive player and Dwight is a better defender and on the boards, and Yao for as talented as he is seems to not be able to stay healthy enough for it to matter. So if you're so dead set on Yao being better than fine, but give me the player thats just as good that I can count on for 80 games a year.

At least Detroit is known as a defensive minded team. Last year Yao was shut down by Mehmet Okur, and this year he was hurt and his team performed just as well as they would have had he been healthy.
Jazz were defensive minded too last year good look at there stats

And shut down??
Please, He averaged 25/10 shut down? Please get a clue before posting again?
Carry on, clueless kid.

2LeTTeRS
07-03-2008, 02:05 PM

Bron is actually a very good defener, and I'd go as far as to say he's excellent when he tries in clutch situations or in big games. Havent been watchin Bron play much huh? Stick to talking about Yao.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Bron is actually a very good defener, and I'd go as far as to say he's excellent when he tries in clutch situations or in big games. Havent been watchin Bron play much huh? Stick to talking about Yao.
Get a clue, seriously, LeBron is not very good, he is average, you certainly have no credibility or knowledge what so ever.

2LeTTeRS
07-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Jazz were defensive minded too last year good look at there stats

And shut down??
Please, He averaged 25/10 shut down? Please get a clue before posting again?
Carry on, clueless kid.

25 and 10 on 45% shooting including games where he shot 9 for 24, 6 for 18 and in the 2 biggest games of the series he come up with a weak 6 rebounds both teams as the Rockets lost again. Yes it was 25 and 10 but those numbers don't tell the whole story.

Get a clue, seriously, LeBron is not very good, he is average, you certainly have no credibility or knowledge what so ever.

Ask Kobe Bryant and Brandon Roy how good his defense is, especailly when things matter most. From watching at least 40 Cavs games this year including the playoffs, I'd go as far as to say Bron is as good on defense as Kobe.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 02:22 PM
25 and 10 on 45% shooting including games where he shot 9 for 24, 6 for 18 and in the 2 biggest games of the series he come up with a weak 6 rebounds both teams as the Rockets lost again. Yes it was 25 and 10 but those numbers don't tell the whole story.

Ask Kobe Bryant and Brandon Roy how good his defense is, especailly when things matter most. From watching at least 40 Cavs games this year including the playoffs, I'd go as far as to say Bron is as good on defense as Kobe.
He was also there only offensive production in game 1, sorry but you only told me the flaws, too bad you suck at debating.

Yao > Dwight > Amare
Deal with it.
Next.

highwhey
07-03-2008, 02:23 PM
People sleep in Bosh because he is in Toronto.

Bosh was injured almost all last season, and sat out a good chunk of games due to that injury. He also couldn't play a real PF position and was stuck trying to help centers.

He still averaged almost 20-10, had more blocks and rebounds per 100 possessions then Amare did, and allowed less points per 100 possessions then Amare did. He also didn't have Shaq, or Steve Nash like Amare does.

He was also the best all around shooter out of all the big men in the NBA, and outplayed EVERY PF he faced last year.

Bosh is under-rated.
Yet Amare is more efficient than Bosh...has a better FG% as well.

People are forgetting that after Amare went back to PF position, he averaged like 29 PPG and 12 rebounds. That's a vast improvement from 25/9. If you guys want to talk about boards, what about Boozer? He's a 20/10 guy.

I give props to Dwight for playing while injured, but a fractured sternum isn't much. I went to a (HS)wrestling match while I had a fractured sternum as well. I didn't know it at the time, the next day I had pneumonia...spent 2 weeks in the hospital. Anyways, Amare still managed to score 28/6 with a cold.

Trax416
07-03-2008, 02:24 PM

Lebron doesn't have a good mid-range game, he can't shoot free throws, and doesn't have good defense.

Are you actually arguing he has good defense? Seriously?

Give it a ****ing break.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Lebron doesn't have a good mid-range game, he can't shoot free throws, and doesn't have good defense.

Give it a ****ing break.
LeBron Nut huggers or Cav Fans, they are tend to be ignorant many times.

Trax416
07-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Yet Amare is more efficient than Bosh...has a better FG% as well.

People are forgetting that after Amare went back to PF position, he averaged like 29 PPG and 12 rebounds. That's a vast improvement from 25/9. If you guys want to talk about boards, what about Boozer? He's a 20/10 guy.

I give props to Dwight for playing while injured, but a fractured sternum isn't much. I went to a (HS)wrestling match while I had a fractured sternum as well. I didn't know it at the time, the next day I had pneumonia...spent 2 weeks in the hospital. Anyways, Amare still managed to score 28/6 with a cold.

When Bosh actually plays PF, he averages about the same as 29/12, has been in the NBA less time, and still shoots better then Amare does.

And like I said, there has not been a single PF who has gotten the better of Bosh throughout the season.

Amare is better at attacking the basket then Bosh, which is why he has a better FG percentage. However in terms of overall shooting, back to the basket moves, and leadership, Bosh is better.

When Amare was stuck in a similar position as Bosh, they averaged very similar numbers, even then, Amare had a far better PG.

You put Bosh on the Suns, he would be the best offensive PF in the NBA.

SCREWstonRockets
07-03-2008, 02:29 PM
At least he manned up and kept playing, something Yao would have never done.
Yao was basically playing with a stress fracture for at least 3 weeks until they actually found out it was a stress fracture and ended his season.

Rockets beat the Jazz if they had Yao.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 02:29 PM
When Bosh actually plays PF, he averages about the same as 29/12, has been in the NBA less time, and still shoots better then Amare does.

And like I said, there has not been a single PF who has gotten the better of Bosh throughout the season.

Amare is better at attacking the basket then Bosh, which is why he has a better FG percentage. However in terms of overall shooting, back to the basket moves, and leadership, Bosh is better.

When Amare was stuck in a similar position as Bosh, they averaged very similar numbers, even then, Amare had a far better PG.

I don't think so, Bosh is not as good of a fit for Nash and the Suns as Amare is, the difference is Amare is one of the best or the best finisher in the league and that is why Amare has such a good amount of PPG and a great FG%, Bosh is not strong and as athletic as Amare is, Having Bosh would be like having Dirk again for Nash.

highwhey
07-03-2008, 02:30 PM

Amare doesn't need a superstar PG. Is everybody blind? Did you not see him play with a ROOKIE Leandro Barbosa as PG? It wasn't just a few games either...more like an entire season.

Amare is more athletic than Bosh...Suns have been running on the run and gun system for awhile. That's another reason Amare is good, he's fast and very athletic.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Yao was basically playing with a stress fracture for at least 3 weeks until they actually found out it was a stress fracture and ended his season.
LOL, Thank you, I forgot about that for a while but Yes, Yao was also injuried for 3 weeks i believe or maybe even about a month or longer, he just didn't really notice the pain until the Bulls game, and after that he was out for the season, so i don't understand why people are calling Yao soft for being injuried all the time when he still dominated with a stress fracture and he still demanded a double team, something Dwight doesn't need much in order to be stopped or completely shut down.

2LeTTeRS
07-03-2008, 02:40 PM
He was also there only offensive production in game 1, sorry but you only told me the flaws, too bad you suck at debating.

Yao > Dwight > Amare
Deal with it.
Next.

You forgot you're asterisk and to say "when healthy." Yao = 50 games a year and a loss in the 1st round. Saying he's better than Dwight or Amare when he can only stay on the court for about 30 mins a night, and when pressed to play more sustains injuries. I come of like I'm hating on the guy, but I don't even have a problem against him, I'm just sick of the same fans pretending he's better than Dwight and Amare and its not even close, when they produce just as much as he does.

Give it a ****ing break.

Who said Bron could shoot free throws or had a good mid-range game? Don't twist my argument I spoke on his defense, and anybody who consistently watched him at work this year would agree that he played as defense on the perimeter as good as anybody not named Bruce Bowen, Shane Battier, Tayshaun Prince or James Posey.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 02:42 PM
You forgot you're asterisk and to say "when healthy." Yao = 50 games a year and a loss in the 1st round. Saying he's better than Dwight or Amare when he can only stay on the court for about 30 mins a night, and when pressed to play more sustains injuries. I come of like I'm hating on the guy, but I don't even have a problem against him, I'm just sick of the same fans pretending he's better than Dwight and Amare and its not even close, when they produce just as much as he does.

Who said Bron could shoot free throws or had a good mid-range game? Don't twist my argument I spoke on his defense, and anybody who consistently watched him at work this year would agree that he played as defense on the perimeter as good as anybody not named Bruce Bowen, Shane Battier, Tayshaun Prince or James Posey.
Ok, you are just trolling now, please leave the thread
When Yao is healthy clearly he is better, but now you are going to post a bunch of crap again, like ahhh he is not healthy, i'm a ***** named 2 letters.

2LeTTeRS
07-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Ok, you are just trolling now, please leave the thread
When Yao is healthy clearly he is better, but now you are going to post a bunch of crap again, like ahhh he is not healthy, i'm a ***** named 2 letters.

Better based on what? Not post-season success. Not statistics. Not accomplishments. Just better because his nationality allowed him to bring in a new fanbase to the league.

My bad on the personal attacks, but I've had this debate time and time again with people, and every time when it comes down pointing out what makes Yao so much better than Amare or Dwight they can't, but still keep on claiming Yao's better "and its not even close." I should have stuck to my own advice though I knew better than to debate this with a Rox/Yao fan.

Trax416
07-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Amare doesn't need a superstar PG. Is everybody blind? Did you not see him play with a ROOKIE Leandro Barbosa as PG? It wasn't just a few games either...more like an entire season.

Amare is more athletic than Bosh...Suns have been running on the run and gun system for awhile. That's another reason Amare is good, he's fast and very athletic.

Did you just say Amare is more athletic then Bosh? ....wtf...In what world is this?

He is stronger, but thats about it. Bosh is far faster, and far more agile. He would ****ing flourish on a team that lived and died on the fast break.

Not only does Bosh play Basketball, but he had the opportunity to play baseball at a high level as a first basemen as well. Like many true athletes, he is talented in multiple sports.

Not only is Bosh more atheltic, but he is far smarter (in fact he had the best grades out of any basketball play who came out of the entire state of Texas), shows his intelligence on the court, and his hands are unmatched at PF.

Bosh has been on a bad team his entire career, with horrible PG's. Not until the last couple of seasons did he have a PG with a clue, and even then they were fueding and TJ ford almost refused to pass many times.

Bosh has been stuck at center, where he clearly should not play. When he plays PF, nobody has gotten the better of him all season long, even with injuries.

Bosh is also pretty much the only scoring option on Toronto, so he is constantly, as in every game, double and triple teamed. Against Orlando, he was triple teamed and still had 30+ point games including 39 points and 15 rebound performance.

You stiuck Bosh on a team like the Suns, who have multiple scoring options, including a 2X MVP point guard, and a center who can rebound, and he could average damn near 30-10.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 03:40 PM
bump for intelligent posters.

samballs
07-03-2008, 03:43 PM
KG
Duncan

big drop off

Ming
Amare
Dwight

Samurai Swoosh
07-03-2008, 03:44 PM
1) Dylan
2) Dylan
3) Dylan
4) Dylan

and ...

5) Dylan

Why? Cause I spit hot fire.

basketballer4
07-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Damn DreamYaoTmac5! You average 78 posts per day. :eek: That's the most I've seen by any poster by far! Slow the hell down!

veilside23
07-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Damn DreamYaoTmac5! You average 78 posts per day. :eek: That's the most I've seen by any poster by far! Slow the hell down!

he is catching up before he gets injured again i mean before he changes his moniker again :D

Samurai Swoosh
07-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Dude has alot of basketball on his mind.

2LeTTeRS
07-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Did you just say Amare is more athletic then Bosh? ....wtf...In what world is this?

He is stronger, but thats about it. Bosh is far faster, and far more agile. He would ****ing flourish on a team that lived and died on the fast break.

Not only does Bosh play Basketball, but he had the opportunity to play baseball at a high level as a first basemen as well. Like many true athletes, he is talented in multiple sports.

Not only is Bosh more atheltic, but he is far smarter (in fact he had the best grades out of any basketball play who came out of the entire state of Texas), shows his intelligence on the court, and his hands are unmatched at PF.

Bosh has been on a bad team his entire career, with horrible PG's. Not until the last couple of seasons did he have a PG with a clue, and even then they were fueding and TJ ford almost refused to pass many times.

Bosh has been stuck at center, where he clearly should not play. When he plays PF, nobody has gotten the better of him all season long, even with injuries.

Bosh is also pretty much the only scoring option on Toronto, so he is constantly, as in every game, double and triple teamed. Against Orlando, he was triple teamed and still had 30+ point games including 39 points and 15 rebound performance.

You stiuck Bosh on a team like the Suns, who have multiple scoring options, including a 2X MVP point guard, and a center who can rebound, and he could average damn near 30-10.

Amare did average diamn near 30-10 after Shaq played with hiim. Do you not remember him pushing himself into MVP contender talks in the 2nd half of the season? And did I just read you type that Bosh is more athletic than Amare? Never mind, can't convince the clueless I give up.

bump for intelligent posters.

Seeing that in you're world the only way to be considered intelligent is to agree with you even though you're talking out of you're ass I'm glad to be considered "unintelligent." My rep around here speaks for itself though, I know my ***** a few posters here would agree with me on that.

* PS - Is this the same guy that spammed the board with about 20 T Mac is not a point forward threads within the last year?

danumber88
07-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Duncan
Garnett
Dirk
Yao
Howard

Honarable Mentions: Amare and Bosh

dafunkphenom
07-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Starting....they pissed me off a long time ago. When will they realize that Yao and T-Mac both Suck?

SHEED_ gangsta
07-03-2008, 05:59 PM

Bosh takes twice as many jumpers as Amare

SHEED_ gangsta
07-03-2008, 06:02 PM
all personal liking aside

Amare
Dwight
Bosh
KG
Dirk

dafunkphenom
07-03-2008, 06:18 PM
1 -a Duncan - as much as i hate it ...
1 - b Garnett
2. D12 - A guy beasting almost everyone and doesnt flop and is just 20+
3 Amare
4 Yao
5. Dirk
Most accurate list I have seen on here yet. Yao and Dirk may be swapped for each other maybe. The top 4 guys on the list are solid. 1. Duncan 2. Garnett 3. Howard 4. Amare

SHEED_ gangsta
07-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Duncan is on the decline big time, that's why I left him off my list

Trax416
07-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Amare did average diamn near 30-10 after Shaq played with hiim. Do you not remember him pushing himself into MVP contender talks in the 2nd half of the season? And did I just read you type that Bosh is more athletic than Amare? Never mind, can't convince the clueless I give up.

Seeing that in you're world the only way to be considered intelligent is to agree with you even though you're talking out of you're ass I'm glad to be considered "unintelligent." My rep around here speaks for itself though, I know my ***** a few posters here would agree with me on that.

* PS - Is this the same guy that spammed the board with about 20 T Mac is not a point forward threads within the last year?

Of course he is a better athlete then ****ing Amare. Do you think the only thing that makes you an athlete is strength?

Bosh has better hands, better feet, he is faster, and far more agile. He played two sports at a high level, and decided to go with basketball. Many of the best athletes in history play multiple sports at high levels, like Bo Jackson (who was the best athlete of the lest century.)

I really don't think you know what athleticism is. It involves far more then just strength.

Watch Bosh play a game for once. The things he does are far more athletic then anything Amare does.

Both KG and Dwight said it's very hard to play against Bosh because he is a freak if nature in terms of athletic ability, and how well he moves for his size. SI said he was the most athletic and agile PF in the NBA.

Before Bosh got injured, he was averaging 24.5 and 9.8. Before the allstar game he was averaging 22.9 and 9.

His injury is the only reason he didn't end the season with 25-10 or better this year.

Thats with him being double teamed every single game, unlike Amare. I am scared to see what Bosh will do with Jermaine Oneal and a quality point guard that will get 40 MPG.

There is a reason he was a lock with Melo and Dwight for Team USA before Amare even declined.

Wonder Bread Kid
07-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Duncan is on the decline big time, that's why I left him off my list

On the decline?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_duncan/career_stats.html

Dude's career best was 25 and 13 when he was playing a career high 40 minutes a game.

In 2008 he was a 19 and 11 guy playing a career low 34 minutes while having less to shoulder with Manu and Tony putting up 20 each.

He isn't relied on as much anymore, especially during the regular season, with Manu and Tony so his numbers have gone down, but when he'd needed, he'll put monster numbers.

2LeTTeRS
07-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Of course he is a better athlete then ****ing Amare. Do you think the only thing that makes you an athlete is strength?

Bosh has better hands, better feet, he is faster, and far more agile. He played two sports at a high level, and decided to go with basketball. Many of the best athletes in history play multiple sports at high levels, like Bo Jackson (who was the best athlete of the lest century.)

You're wrong. Amare is a top 10 athlete among big men ever right up there with the Shawn Kemps and Larry Nance's of the world. Bosh is just a good athlete. Amare is the one thats more agile, more explosive, jumps higher, and I'd personally say was quicker (at least he was pre-surgery). You're the only person I've ever seen try to argue Bosh as some out of this world athlete.

Raj Da Dodge
07-03-2008, 08:59 PM
1.Dwight Howard
2.Yao
3.KG
4.Duncan
5.Amare

supraman
07-03-2008, 09:31 PM

Great way to draw the race card, it's very ignorant to say that all yao fans that post on Ish are chinese.

As for the Yao/Dwight/Amare debate, I'd say Yao is slightly better than Dwight when healthy but depending on your team, or your personal preference, it is debatable. Anyone who says that 'it isn't even close is obviously a homer fan', cuz in reality, they are pretty close.

Trax416
07-03-2008, 09:31 PM
You're wrong. Amare is a top 10 athlete among big men ever right up there with the Shawn Kemps and Larry Nance's of the world. Bosh is just a good athlete. Amare is the one thats more agile, more explosive, jumps higher, and I'd personally say was quicker (at least he was pre-surgery). You're the only person I've ever seen try to argue Bosh as some out of this world athlete.

Thats because most people don't know anything about any player except the ones on their team.

Saying Amare is a better athlete is absurd. Bosh is far faster then Amare. Just look at their games. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this. He is more agile and has far better hands, which is why he is a better all around shooter. He is also far faster, which is why he blows past guys like Amare and KG when they play, while Amare has to get in the middle and wait for a pass from Nash when he plays other talented PF's.

The only thing Amare has on Bosh is strength.

I mean, look at there go-to moves. Bosh's is a fall away from the basket layup/dunk, while Amare's is a generic Power dunk down the middle.

Bosh is a pure athlete, who plays multiple sports at high levels, much like other athletes. Every single one of the top athletes of last century, Guys like Jordan, Bo Jackson, Wayne, have all been talented in various sports. Those are true, pure athetles. Even AI and Lebron James were both football players. In fact, Lebron was one of the best in the country. Many crititcs said he was making a mistake focusing on basketball because he was a better football player then basketball player.

I don't know why some NBA fans think because you have muscles and can jump high it makes you some supreme athlete.

Amare has a better standing verticle then Bosh(by a good amount), but they both have the same running vertical leap.

When Bosh came into the NBA, he wasn't as talented of an athlete as Amare was. However Bosh has grown by leaps and bounds as a player, while Amare, is the exact same as he was when he was rookie, except he knows the game of basketball better.

Amare's atheltic ability has actually gone down in the past couple of seasons, while Bosh gets faster, and stronger.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Great way to draw the race card, it's very ignorant to say that all yao fans that post on Ish are chinese.

As for the Yao/Dwight/Amare debate, I'd say Yao is slightly better than Dwight when healthy but depending on your team, or your personal preference, it is debatable. Anyone who says that 'it isn't even close is obviously a homer fan', cuz in reality, they are pretty close.
It's pretty close, but it's not as close as you say, There's still somewhat of a gap, but Yao is better I agree.

and yeh, it is quite ignorant to say Yao Fans are chinese, I'm not a Yao fan, i'm a rockets fan and i am black not chinese.

Kobe4life
07-03-2008, 09:43 PM
kg and duncan r on their decline obviously and bosh needs little imrovement and he'll be great and i would have to say the top 2 players i want on my team is yao or amare

3stat2
07-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Well either way, Tmac is a point forward.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 11:29 PM
:hammerhead:

stewen12
07-03-2008, 11:48 PM
DreamYaoTmac5 is the worst poster ever. He doesnt defend anything with facts but simply their defense is better. You obviously are in love with Yao ane think he is better than anybody. Dwight Howard puts up better stats than him and isnt even playing his "natural" position. Yao is also injury prone and a soft little *****

DreamYaoTmac5
07-03-2008, 11:55 PM
DreamYaoTmac5 is the worst poster ever. He doesnt defend anything with facts but simply their defense is better. You obviously are in love with Yao ane think he is better than anybody. Dwight Howard puts up better stats than him and isnt even playing his "natural" position. Yao is also injury prone and a soft little *****
Someone hates Yao, I guess if someone is better than there favorite player, they insult him and call the poster names as well.
:applause: :lol

final.wrath
07-04-2008, 02:17 AM
1. Duncan

2. KG

3. Yao Ming

4. Dirk

5. Dwight Howard

go cubbies and bullies

final.wrath
07-04-2008, 02:17 AM

:oldlol: good skills man

AirGordon7
07-04-2008, 03:07 AM
1.Tim Duncan
2. Dwight Howard
3. Yao
4. KG
5. Amare

arkain
07-04-2008, 03:22 AM
Duncan and KG get the nod because they pretty much anchor their teams defensively and provide significant help in other areas.

Amare isnt the best defender but pretty much unstoppable on offense, he gets a spot.

Howard, great rebounder and good defender, offensive game isnt amazing but dominates cause of his size advantage over 90% of his opponents, he gets a spot.

Last spot I am gonna give to Yao, even though he is injury prone, he is very good when healthy. Still can make a case for Dirk and Brand.

highwhey
07-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Amare played Baseball and Football...according to his Bio, he was an outstanding Football player. He is an athlete...one of the fastest big men in the league, just ask Duncan. :)

danumber88
07-04-2008, 09:10 AM
i dont understand how people could put Amare over Dirk :confusedshrug:

Duncan > Amare
KG > Amare
Dwight > Amare
Ming > Amare
Dirk > Amare

statman32
07-04-2008, 12:05 PM
i dont understand how people could put Amare over Dirk :confusedshrug:

Duncan > Amare
KG > Amare
Dwight > Amare
Ming > Amare
Dirk > Amare
Instead of just using > how bout you explain.

statman32
07-04-2008, 02:24 PM

1. He never had the opportunity to play baseball at a high level. He played baseball till he was a hs soph but somehow him playing 2 years of high school baseball makes him a superior athlete? :oldlol:

2. If you would have bothered to check out there combine results you would have realized that Amare did better in every cat.

No Step Vert:

Amare 32 in
Bosh 30.5 in

Max Vert:

Amare 35.5 in
Bosh 33 in

Lane Agilty:

Amare 11.19
Bosh 11.80

3/4 Court Sprint:

Amare 3.25
Bosh 3.30

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2002&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2003&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=

3. You mention the fact that Ford and Calderon were feuding when that obviously didnt affect there play on the court and there were articles about how well the two guys wer handling it. Not to mention the fact that Calderon had one of the most efficient seasons for a pg ever.

statman32
07-04-2008, 02:29 PM

You have proof that Bosh puts up 29/12 when hes a pf? If not those are just numbers flying out of your ass.

Once again, Amares jump shooting this season was better than Boshs this year or any other year in his career. AND he shot around the same % of jumpers as Bosh as routinely shoots throughtout his career so you cant say " he doesnt shoot as many jumpers as Bosh" because this year he did.

Silverbullit
07-04-2008, 02:31 PM
You have proof that Bosh puts up 29/12 when hes a pf? If not those are just numbers flying out of your ass.

Once again, Amares jump shooting this season was better than Boshs this year or any other year in his career. AND he shot around the same % of jumpers as Bosh as routinely shot throughtout his career so you cant say " he doesnt shoot as many jumpers as Bosh" because this year he did.

Keep cool, statman32 :)

miles berg
07-04-2008, 02:32 PM
1. Duncan
2. Dirk
3. Amare
4. KG
5. Dwight

statman32
07-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Before Bosh got injured, he was averaging 24.5 and 9.8. Before the allstar game he was averaging 22.9 and 9.

His injury is the only reason he didn't end the season with 25-10 or better this year.

Thats with him being double teamed every single game, unlike Amare. I am scared to see what Bosh will do with Jermaine Oneal and a quality point guard that will get 40 MPG.

There is a reason he was a lock with Melo and Dwight for Team USA before Amare even declined.
Before Bosh got injured he was averaging 22.7 ppg and 9.1 rpg
Before the all-star game he was averaging 22.5 ppg and 9.2 rpg

But somehow you blame his injury on him not reaching 25/10? :oldlol:

JPR
07-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Now this is looked upon the individual at their current age in this league and not considering what system they play in and what ALL STARS, or lack there of, they play next to:

1) Yao Ming
2) Dwight Howard
3) Tim Duncan
4) Kevin Garnett
5) Rasheed Wallace

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Now this is looked upon the individual at their current age in this league and not considering what system they play in and what ALL STARS, or lack there of, they play next to:

1) Yao Ming
2) Dwight Howard
3) Tim Duncan
4) Kevin Garnett
5) Rasheed Wallace
Interesting list. :applause:

knicks4eva
07-04-2008, 03:15 PM
KG
Yao
Duncan
Dwight
Dirk

Trax416
07-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Before Bosh got injured he was averaging 22.7 ppg and 9.1 rpg
Before the all-star game he was averaging 22.5 ppg and 9.2 rpg

But somehow you blame his injury on him not reaching 25/10? :oldlol:

You do know Bosh's knees were hurt all season long right?

Trax416
07-04-2008, 03:22 PM

Once again, Amares jump shooting this season was better than Boshs this year or any other year in his career. AND he shot around the same % of jumpers as Bosh as routinely shoots throughtout his career so you cant say " he doesnt shoot as many jumpers as Bosh" because this year he did.

So hold on. I can't look at past years, but you can for the amount of jump shots taken?

You don't think it's a coincidence that the one year Amare is a better jump shooter he is shooting more jump shots, has a center and an MVP point guard (unlike Bosh in all casses).

You also don't think it has anything to do with Bosh being injured? How was Amare shooting when he was injured compared to Bosh...

Bosh is a better shooter then Amare is, just look at careers.

Hell ,you want a fair comparison? Look at Amare's stats when he was in the same position as Bosh was.

When Bosh was semi-healthy LAST season, he averaged 23 PPG 11 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.3 blocks, and was a better shooter then Amare. Bosh did this without a center to help him, with two feuding point guards, and while nursing a hurt foot. It's not a coiendance that Amare has never had a season that good in his entire career, until he got a center to help him. Something Bosh doesn't have.

Bosh is a better player. I find it funny you take the season he has a serious injury to compare.

loot
07-04-2008, 03:26 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/2n0v7ro.jpg

Career stats.

There are 3 players on that list who play very good defense.
There are three double double guys on that list.
There's 2 guys averaging over 2 blocks on that list.
There are two 20/10 guys on that list.
There are three guys who played over 600 games on that list.

Brand is among all those. How the hell can you NOT name him a top 5 big man, when you DO name Boozer, Dirk or Bosh?

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 03:31 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/2n0v7ro.jpg

Career stats.

There are 3 players on that list who play very good defense.
There are three double double guys on that list.
There's 2 guys averaging over 2 blocks on that list.
There are two 20/10 guys on that list.
There are three guys who played over 600 games on that list.

Brand is among all those. How the hell can you NOT name him a top 5 big man, when you DO name Boozer, Dirk or Bosh?
I guess you still don't understand it's Today not career wise, it's like your blind or deaf.

loot
07-04-2008, 03:34 PM
I guess you still don't understand it's Today not career wise, it's like your blind or deaf.

Pick any season by Brand or his career. It's always 20/10 with 2+ blocks. Plays great at both ends of the floor. Show me when Dirk, Yao, Boozer or Bosh have ever been better than that or show sign they will be better than that. Please.

Give him the ball around 3pt range he'll beat his man to the rim. Good ball handling, good drive, great mid range game. Give him the ball underneath the rim and you're done. Great footwork, great moves and loads of power. Then, on the other end. Try to beat him.

How quickly people forget Brand was considered a MVP candidate when Cassel played his 1st season with the Clippers. Brand will make people notice again this year.

And it's funny how people hold Brand's freak injury against him. He had 1 big injury in his career and showed he was still the same the last ten games of the season. Gimme that over Yaogina's broken feet, broken legs, ingrown toenails and whatnot.

Trax416
07-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Pick any season by Brand or his career. It's always 20/10 with 2+ blocks. Plays great at both ends of the floor. Show me when Dirk, Yao, Boozer or Bosh have ever been better than that or show sign they will be better than that. Please.

How quickly people forget Brand was considered a MVP candidate when Cassel played his 1st season with the Clippers. Brand will make people notice again this year.

Brand is for sure the man.

Silverbullit
07-04-2008, 03:41 PM

Give him the ball around 3pt range he'll beat his man to the rim. Good ball handling, good drive, great mid range game. Give him the ball underneath the rim and you're done. Great footwork, great moves and loads of power. Then, on the other end. Try to beat him.

And it's funny how people hold Brand's freak injury against him. He had 1 big injury in his career and showed he was still the same the last ten games of the season. Gimme that over Yaogina's broken feet, broken legs, ingrown toenails and whatnot.

He averaged 17.6/8.0/2.0 and 2.0 blocks in 8 games last season.

loot
07-04-2008, 03:43 PM
He averaged 17.6/8.0/2.0 and 2.0 blocks in 8 games last season.
in a team which didnt feature him at all the rest of the season and in 4.5 minutes less. so yeah. he is still the same brand.

Silverbullit
07-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Another Brand statistics:

A grand total of 12 playoff games, all in 2005-2006.

loot
07-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Another Brand statistics:

A grand total of 12 playoff games, all in 2005-2006.

A grand total of 1 decent point guard.

Silverbullit
07-04-2008, 03:58 PM
A grand total of 1 decent point guard.

That's my point: Big numbers as the only weapon on mediocre teams.

Don't get me wrong: Elton Brand is a wonderful player, but he has to show something on the big stage yet.

loot
07-04-2008, 04:07 PM

Don't get me wrong: Elton Brand is a wonderful player, but he has to show something on the big stage yet.

He showed what he can do with a good supporting cast in 2006. Eliminated Denver then took the Suns took 7 games. Scored 40 on them in the very first game. 30/10.5 for the series.

Believe me. Brand will be among the top 5 in every list at the end of this season. He belongs there over Boozer, Ming and Bosh ANYTIME.

Silverbullit
07-04-2008, 04:09 PM
He showed what he can do with a good supporting cast in 2006. Eliminated Denver then took the Suns took 7 games. Scored 40 on them in the very first game. 30/10.5 for the series.

Believe me. Brand will be among the top 5 in every list at the end of this season. He belongs there over Boozer, Ming and Bosh ANYTIME.

When he is healthy he is a top 5 PF, maybe top 10 overall.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 04:14 PM

Again, Today, not 5 years ago, 2 years ago, 3 years ago, who is the best today

Shaq is the best big man today because in his rookie year he averaged 25 PPG or something like that.

idiot.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 04:14 PM

You have by far got to be the biggest homer and most bias and most stubborn poster ever

What part of Today don't you understand?
The To part? The Day Part? The Today Part?

Silverbullit
07-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Again, Today, not 5 years ago, 2 years ago, 3 years ago, who is the best today

Shaq is the best big man today because in his rookie year he averaged 25 PPG or something like that.

idiot.

So Yao drops out of the list because he didn't play the last 20+ games?

And stop calling out posters.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 04:17 PM
So Yao drops out of the list because he didn't play the last 20+ games?

And stop calling out posters.
Playing 50 games is better than playing 10 games, He has still proved himself, Brand proved nothing last year.

Silverbullit
07-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Playing 50 games is better than playing 10 games, He has still proved himself, Brand proved nothing last year.

Missing 25+ games in 3 straight seasons only proves Yao is injury prone.

loot
07-04-2008, 04:25 PM

Uhm TODAY? OK. Yao Ming didnt play for the last 27 games of the season. Brand played the last 8. So therefore you can't include Yao.

Meh.
Sorry mate, you made it too easy. Damn shame.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Missing 25+ games in 3 straight seasons only proves Yao is injury prone.
Yao hater, gtfo.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Uhm TODAY? OK. Yao Ming didnt play for the last 27 games of the season. Brand played the last 8. So therefore you can't include Yao.

Meh.
Sorry mate, you made it too easy. Damn shame.
I don't think you understand that this is today, not last year, not 2 years ago, you are by far either the most stubborn or most retarded poster of all-time.

Silverbullit
07-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Yao hater, gtfo.

:bowdown:

Nice argument. :D

loot
07-04-2008, 04:28 PM
I don't think you understand that this is today, not last year, not 2 years ago, you are by far either the most stubborn or most retarded poster of all-time.
We can only go by what we know. Thus we have to go by what we've seen and what these players have proven.

Unless you can move over and show us your crystal ball. Show me evidence of Ming imrpoving so he'll become a better and more complete player than Brand.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 04:29 PM
We can only go by what we know. Thus we have to go by what we've seen and what these players have proven.

Unless you can move over and show us your crystal ball. Show me evidence of Ming imrpoving so he'll become a better and more complete player than Brand.
Brand is already older than Yao, Brand is pretty much in his peak or prime while Yao might be in his prime or just starting his prime.

You just don't get anything do you?

loot
07-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Brand is already older than Yao, Brand is pretty much in his peak or prime while Yao might be in his prime or just starting his prime.

You just don't get anything do you?

So because Yao is younger, he deserves to be mentioned OVER Brand? How? Shouldn't we include Oden at the top of the list then? Forget about his knees. Him and Ming are tops because they're younger.

Sorry mate I don't give a **** about Ming being younger. He hasn't imrpoved much since entering the league. He got more touches. Cool. He's still a soft, oft injured player who's being rated by promise more than by what he's done so far.

The one thing I don't get: Are you Chinese or a 12 year old kid? Or both?

loot
07-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Brand is already older than Yao

I like that part by the way. Already older?:oldlol: Why include already?

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 04:38 PM
So because Yao is younger, he deserves to be mentioned OVER Brand? How? Shouldn't we include Oden at the top of the list then? Forget about his knees. Him and Ming are tops because they're younger.

Sorry mate I don't give a **** about Ming being younger. He hasn't imrpoved much since entering the league. He got more touches. Cool. He's still a soft, oft injured player who's being rated by promise more than by what he's done so far.

The one thing I don't get: Are you Chinese or a 12 year old kid? Or both?
You're were talking about improving as a player, do you really think someone can improve when they are already at there prime?
I'm not even chinese, it's funny how ignorant you are just because I don't believe Brand is a top 5 player, When i don't think anybody does, except a homer like you who is providing career stats when could provide the exact same **** with shaq.

Silverbullit
07-04-2008, 04:40 PM
You're were talking about improving as a player, do you really think someone can improve when they are already at there prime?
I'm not even chinese, it's funny how ignorant you are just because I don't believe Brand is a top 5 player, When i don't think anybody does, except a homer like you who is providing career stats when could provide the exact same **** with shaq.

But you call me a Yao hater, because I mentioned he is injury prone :oldlol:

lawlerslaw100
07-04-2008, 04:42 PM
1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Howard
4. Yao
5. EB
6. Bosh
7. Amare
8. Boozer
9. Dirk
10. Gasol

loot
07-04-2008, 04:45 PM

Actually I think ytou're either Chinese or 12 years old because of how you discuss here. Calling names, asking wether I get anything. But you're right maybe you're just not really the brightest kid of the class, no biggie, I'll get back to the discussion here.

Provide me the stats from Shaq, and show me how there's any indication he'll still be a top 5 big man this coming season. I did back up my statement by showing Brand has been at the same level of play for years and was at that same level when he returned, with a game which is based on technique, power and hard work, not athleticism or explosiveness. Which he both still had late last season by the way. He still looked exactly the player he was before the injury, which was a 20/10 player with a great game on both O and D.

If Brand just stays at the level he was, Ming still has ways to go when he wants to improve enough to be considered as good as Brand.

2LeTTeRS
07-04-2008, 04:46 PM
:cheers:
But you call me a Yao hater, because I mentioned he is injury prone :oldlol:

Don't argue with that guy I got drawn in earlier when I was at work, he has no knowledge and is just dead set on claiming that Yao > anybody, and anybody who disagrees is a hater.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Actually I think ytou're either Chinese or 12 years old because of how you discuss here. Calling names, asking wether I get anything. But you're right maybe you're just not really the brightest kid of the class, no biggie, I'll get back to the discussion here.

Provide me the stats from Shaq, and show me how there's any indication he'll still be a top 5 big man this coming season. I did back up my statement by showing Brand has been at the same level of play for years and was at that same level when he returned, with a game which is based on technique, power and hard work, not athleticism or explosiveness. Which he both still had late last season by the way. He still looked exactly the player he was before the injury, which was a 20/10 player with a great game on both O and D.

If Brand just stays at the level he was, Ming still has ways to go when he wants to improve enough to be considered as good as Brand.
homerism and being stubborn at it's worse

and no i'm actually black like T-Mac.

loot
07-04-2008, 04:50 PM

For the last 5 posts you've basically been trying to call me out on homerism and biased views, while you never made a effort to back up your views nor did you even attempt to disprove my points.

Which makes you a pretty worthless poster in my book, 12 year old black boy like Tmac.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 04:52 PM
For the last 5 posts you've basically been trying to call me out on homerism and biased views, while you never made a effort to back up your views nor did you even attempt to disprove my points.

Which makes you a pretty worthless poster in my book, 12 year old black boy like Tmac.
Last time i am going to say this

TODAY
TODAY
TODAY
TODAY
TODAY

The_Yearning
07-04-2008, 04:52 PM

You're wrong again friend, T-Mac is not black.

otmtheshank
07-04-2008, 04:54 PM

Elton Brand really shouldn't be lumped in with the players who put up great numbers on crappy teams. His game and skillset would allow him to put up big numbers on practically any team. Brand's usual seasons of 20-25 ppg on well above-average efficiency speak for themselves. And it's not like Brand's been the only option, and therefore has to score. He's had a handful of solid scorers, if either inefficient or somewhat one-dimensional(mobley, Vlad, Maggette), and a couple of nice rebounders(Kaman, Maggette, Q Rich, although inconsistent) that theoretically should be limiting Brand's rebounding. In fact, I'd go as far to say that Elton's numbers may actually be higher on another team, or if he was in the position of another elite power forward.

If the O.P. doesn't want to rank him, I guess I understand, since I'm not even sure where to rank him at this point. In 05-06 he was arguably a top 5 player, and he carried the Clippers to their best result in recent memory. Although the Clippers regressed last year, Brand played as well as ever on both ends. I'm not sure how he'll perform this year, but if he's able to maintain the type of play he put up pre-injury, then the Clippers are going to be scary.

loot
07-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Last time i am going to say this

TODAY
TODAY
TODAY
TODAY
TODAY

Like I said:

Again, Yao hasnt played the last 40 games of the Rockets season. Brand was actually the last guy we saw on the court of those two. So, explain, why can't we judge Brand and why can we judge Ming? The last time we saw Brand he was still a better, more complete player than Ming. And those last games, my young Chinese friend, are the only thing we can go by, because Brand has been one of the steadiest players in the league over the last decade, and Ming hasn't improved a lot since entering the league.

So, once again, Ming would have to imrpove a whole lot out of the blue to jump over Brand in the rankings. And it might help Ming if he could just stay healthy. Which, obviously, he can't.

Ok young'n, here you go. Prove me false with decent arguments and back up your posts. Instead of just trying to duck the questions and ignore what's being thrown in your face here. That or just bounce to the Cartoon Network forums.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Like I said:

Again, Yao hasnt played the last 40 games of the Rockets season. Brand was actually the last guy we saw on the court of those two. So, explain, why can't we judge Brand and why can we judge Ming? The last time we saw Brand he was still a better, more complete player than Ming. And those last games, my young Chinese friend, are the only thing we can go by, because Brand has been one of the steadiest players in the league over the last decade, and Ming hasn't improved a lot since entering the league.

So, once again, Ming would have to imrpove a whole lot out of the blue to jump over Brand in the rankings. And it might help Ming if he could just stay healthy. Which, obviously, he can't.

Ok young'n, here you go. Prove me false with decent arguments and back up your posts. Instead of just trying to duck the questions and ignore what's being thrown in your face here. That or just bounce to the Cartoon Network forums.
Yao has played 50+ games in the last 3 seasons, Nice try on your opinion but failed again.

el_locoteee
07-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Like I said:

LOL a Brand Fan calling Yao injure prone.

LOL this is funny.

loot
07-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Yao has played 50+ games in the last 3 seasons, Nice try on your opinion but failed again.

he played 48 games in 06-07.

BUT if you are content with your star player missing 40% of each season and don't agree with him being labeled as injury prone...i guess you're a pretty simple person.

which is actually quite obvious since you once again failed to back up your statements nor did you succeed (or try) to prove me wrong.

loot
07-04-2008, 05:06 PM

LOL this is funny.

Why? I don't see Brand breaking bones etc every season. Just once. And what if he would be injury prone? I'm a Wade fan too. Love Maggette. Those are injury prone players. Brand isn't. Of course you can call one player injury prone while being fan of players who are too.

el_locoteee
07-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Why? I don't see Brand breaking bones etc every season. Just once. And what if he would be injury prone? I'm a Wade fan too. Love Maggette. Those are injury prone players. Brand isn't. Of course you can call one player injury prone while being fan of players who are too.

Yao Ave. a career 68 games per season

Brand Ave. a career 68 games per season

Yao Last 2 season. 52 games per season

Brand Last 2 43 games per season.

loot
07-04-2008, 05:17 PM

EB last 3 season 56 games.
Ming last 3 seasons 53 games.

Power of numbers right? Truth is Brand misses a few games here and there with smaller injuries. And he missed 74 games last season which brings down his average games played a whole lot. Ming breaks a leg/foot every season the last three years.

It's A VC3!!!
07-04-2008, 05:17 PM
You have to give props to shaq. DUDE IS 36 AND PUTTIN UP 15 PPG AND 7 RPG.

*Tim duncan-Very talented and high basketball IQ

*Al Jeferson-Yound strong, athletic

* Dirk- because of how he can dribble and drive and shoot

*Shaq-DUDE IS 36 AND PUTTIN UP 15 PPG AND 7 RPG.

* Howard- Amazing hops, strong, amazing and still very young

loot
07-04-2008, 05:18 PM
You have to give props to shaq. DUDE IS 36 AND PUTTIN UP 15 PPG AND 7 RPG.

*Tim duncan-Very talented and high basketball IQ

*Al Jeferson-Yound strong, athletic

* Dirk- because of how he can dribble and drive and shoot

*Shaq-DUDE IS 36 AND PUTTIN UP 15 PPG AND 7 RPG.

* Bynum- showing a bright side, and still very young

You seriously included Bynum and Al Jeff in the top 5 already? Or did you just throw some names out there?

It's A VC3!!!
07-04-2008, 05:19 PM
You seriously included Bynum and Al Jeff in the top 5 already? Or did you just throw some names out there?

I rembered about howard right after i clicked post. so sorry about that mistake. but Al is good and he is very young

loot
07-04-2008, 05:22 PM
I rembered about howard right after i clicked post. so sorry about that mistake. but Al is good and he is very young
He is good. but he needs to learn how to play defense. he's really bad on d.

2LeTTeRS
07-04-2008, 05:24 PM
For all these posts I've had in this thread I haven't listed my top 5.

1. Duncan
2. KG
3. Dwight
4. Amare
5. Yao

el_locoteee
07-04-2008, 05:27 PM
EB last 3 season 56 games.
Ming last 3 seasons 53 games.

Power of numbers right? Truth is Brand misses a few games here and there with smaller injuries. And he missed 74 games last season which brings down his average games played a whole lot. Ming breaks a leg/foot every season the last three years.

Every big man is injure prone Shaq, Dream, Duncan, Ewing, Gasol, Al Jeferson, etc. And now even DH is injure and Oden hasn't play a game in the NBA. Is what you have to deal with big bodies playing at such high level.

Breaking bones are nor career ending injuries. Muscle problem, ligament, knee and back problems etc are injures that are hard to recover and many player will never be the same after that, the Bone will weld the ligaments not. Yao have recover the from the orders bone fracture the last one was the scary one because was the cause of year round basketball without stop, but Ilgauskas have both feet with stress fracture are he still playing.

Rockets(T-mac)
07-04-2008, 05:28 PM

Yao is more injury prone than Brand, even Rockets fans should know that. Last year was one of 2 years Brand played less than 70, the other he played 69, next lowest is 74 games then it's all the high 70s after that. There is no point arguing who is more injury prone it's Yao.

el_locoteee
07-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Yao is more injury prone than Brand, even Rockets fans should know that. Last year was one of 2 years Brand played less than 70, the other he played 69, next lowest is 74 games then it's all the high 70s after that. There is no point arguing who is more injury prone it's Yao.

Actually is 3 years no 2

Optimus Prime
07-04-2008, 05:40 PM
1. Tim Duncan - Still probably the most fundamentally sound basketball player in the NBA today, and on a bad night, you can expect 18/9 on 40% shooting. I will take that any day on a "bad night".

2. Kevin Garnett - "Disappearing in the big moments" and shooting lots of jump shots notwithstanding, KG is still an all-around beast. His intensity is off the charts.

3. Dwight Howard - Howard is still young and raw, but it is my opinion that he will be the most dominant big man in the league in the next few years.

4. Dirk Nowitzki - Say what you will about "choke jobs", Dirk is still a gamer. If he'd toughen up a bit and play in the post more (both offense and defense), he'd be much higher.

5. Amare Stoudemire - Amare plays "matador defense", and at times seems to lose his intelligence and motivation, but man, he is such a monster on offense, it is hard to ignore.

No, Yao Ming is not Top 5, IMHO. A 7'6" "All-Star" who can't get past the first round with another "All-Star" on his team is not elite, in my eyes.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 05:43 PM
1. Tim Duncan - Still probably the most fundamentally sound basketball player in the NBA today, and on a bad night, you can expect 18/9 on 40% shooting.

2. Kevin Garnett - "Disappearing in the big moments" and shooting lots of jump shots notwithstanding, KG is still an all-around beast.

3. Dwight Howard - Howard is still young and raw, but it is my opinion that he will be the most dominant big man in the league in the next few years.

4. Dirk Nowitzki - Say what you will about "choke jobs", Dirk is still a gamer. If he'd toughen up a bit and play in the post more (both offense and defense), he'd be much higher.

5. Amare Stoudemire - Amare plays "matador defense", and at times seems to lose his intelligence and motivation, but man, he is such a monster on offense, it is hard to ignore.

No, Yao Ming is not Top 5, IMHO. A 7'6" "All-Star" who can't get past the first round with another "All-Star" on his team is not elite, in my eyes.
Ignorant post about him and him being 7'6.

statman32
07-04-2008, 05:45 PM
How is it a ignorant post? How exactly is Yao better than Amare? *still waiting*

loot
07-04-2008, 05:45 PM
that's because no one cares or wants to know your crappy top 5.
Sincere advice: you only got 130 posts or something. Don't start out like this or you'll be out before you even know it. Do with it whatever you like.

statman32
07-04-2008, 05:46 PM
that's because no one cares or wants to know your crappy top 5.
More people respect his opinion than yours even though thats not that big of a deal considering no one respects your opinion.

P.S Tracy McGrady is a point forward. Probably top 5 in the league.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 05:47 PM
How is it a ignorant post? How exactly is Yao better than Amare? *still waiting*
Better Defense, Better Passer, Better FT shooter, Better low-post scorer, better rebounder,

understand?

Optimus Prime
07-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Bad troll is bad. Your name automatically disqualifies you from any consideration.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/yao_ming/index.html

Born: Sep 12, 1980
Height: 7-6 / 2,29
Weight: 310 lbs. / 140,6 kg.
Years Pro: 6

When does school start up again? These children are annoying.

But then again, Bucko here would probably argue that the NBA website is wrong and stupid.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Bad troll is bad. Your name automatically disqualifies you from any consideration.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/yao_ming/index.html

Born: Sep 12, 1980
Height: 7-6 / 2,29
Weight: 310 lbs. / 140,6 kg.
Years Pro: 6

When does school start up again? These children are annoying.

But then again, Bucko here would probably argue that the NBA website is wrong and stupid.

no, you make it sound like since he is 7'6 he is an underachiever.

loot
07-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Better Defense, Better Passer, Better FT shooter, Better low-post scorer, better rebounder,

understand?

Same goes for Brand and Ming, except for the FT shooting part.

Optimus Prime
07-04-2008, 05:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5pOPn_0Ik

no, you make it sound like since he is 7'6 he is an underachiever.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Actually the only thing Brand is better than Yao at is rebounding nothing else. Yao is a better shooter, scorer, passer, defender, pretty much everything i said besides rebounding

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 05:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5pOPn_0Ik
Pat ewing got blocked by Muggsy Bogues, So your video meant nothing especially when it's one play.

loot
07-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Actually the only thing Brand is better than Yao at is rebounding nothing else. Yao is a better shooter, scorer, passer, defender, pretty much everything i said besides rebounding

Yao better defender? :roll:

Optimus Prime
Yao is soft like Kleenex.

4/10 on the troll meter. You're too obvious, but you still got people arguing with you.

I'm out!

Pat ewing got blocked by Muggsy Bogues, So your video meant nothing especially when it's one play.

DreamYaoTmac5
Yao better defender? :roll:
How Many Times has the clippers been 2nd in FG% behind the Boston Celtics of 07-08?
You need a good post defender in order to do that, and Mutombo replaced him it was the same, So it's quite obvious Yao is probably the better defender, especially when he shuts down guys like Duncan, amare, Dwight and has shut down David West before.

statman32
07-04-2008, 05:54 PM

understand?
Better finisher, better at creating contact, less turnover prone, better overall scorer, steps up in the playoffs, rebounding about equal and Yaos passing and defensive advantage is not that big of a advantage

Understand?

Amare>Yao

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Better finisher, better at creating contact, less turnover prone, better overall scorer, steps up in the playoffs, rebounding about equal and Yaos passing and defensive advantage is not that big of a advantage

Understand?

Amare>Yao
Using stuff that doesn't matter much?

I would rather have a big man that plays much better D and being a much better rebounder who is just as good of a scorer as the other player.

The only thing Amare has is finishing and that's it, Less turnover prone? Yeh, because it's not like he creates that often by himself like Yao does, Rebounding are not equal, just go look at the stats, Yao averages 10+, Amare doesn't.

Homer.

loot
07-04-2008, 05:57 PM
How Many Times has the clippers been 2nd in FG% behind the Boston Celtics of 07-08?
You need a good post defender in order to do that, and Mutombo replaced him it was the same, So it's quite obvious Yao is probably the better defender, especially when he shuts down guys like Duncan, amare, Dwight and has shut down David West before.

Probably the worst logica combined in a post ever. Post hoc ergo propter hoc arguments. Great!

statman32
07-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Yao doesnt shut down those guys and Mutumbo is not a all-world defender anymore.

loot
07-04-2008, 05:58 PM
I would rather have a big man that plays much better D and being a much better rebounder who is just as good of a scorer as the other player.

Hence you take Brand over Yao.

By the way, on ISH it's not really accepted to throw 'homer' around as much as you do.

statman32
07-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Using stuff that doesn't matter much?

The only thing Amare has is finishing and that's it, Less turnover prone? Yeh, because it's not like he creates that often by himself like Yao does, Rebounding are not equal, just go look at the stats, Yao averages 10+, Amare doesn't.

Homer.
The problem is that Yao is not a much better defender and rebounder and he doesnt compare to Amare as a scorer.

Try again

statman32
07-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Oh and :oldlol: at saying that stepping up in the playoffs and creating contact not mattering. I guess Rocket fans are content with 1 and done playoff appearances.

dafunkphenom
07-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Yao=overrated, Yao=Brittle, Yao=slow

No way is this guy as good as Dwight or Amare. You can talk about defense all you want. If those guys want to go hard to the paint against Yao they can because Yao does not have the speed to move his core around the basket and although he is a pretty good defender he is exposed at times by athletic big men. In the playoffs is where he will truly be exposed because that's when athletic big men like Dwight and Amare don't just settle for the jumper and start playing more agressively. Once you see him in consecutive games, he is easier to play against. You can size him up and time him correctly and then pull a Nate Robinson on his sorry ass!

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 07:28 PM
The problem is that Yao is not a much better defender and rebounder and he doesnt compare to Amare as a scorer.

Try again
too bad that's your opinion and a homer opinion as well.

and yeah, Since yao can actually score on a low-post the rockets have a chance to win a title, how many Forwards or Centers have you seen play in the high post and win a title?

Tell me.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Yao doesnt shut down those guys and Mutumbo is not a all-world defender anymore.
umm.. Yes he does, watch a game or get a clue, either is fine.

brantonli
07-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Yao=overrated, Yao=Brittle, Yao=slow

No way is this guy as good as Dwight or Amare. You can talk about defense all you want. If those guys want to go hard to the paint against Yao they can because Yao does not have the speed to move his core around the basket and although he is a pretty good defender he is exposed at times by athletic big men. In the playoffs is where he will truly be exposed because that's when athletic big men like Dwight and Amare don't just settle for the jumper and start playing more agressively. Once you see him in consecutive games, he is easier to play against. You can size him up and time him correctly and then pull a Nate Robinson on his sorry ass!

If it was that easy to play against Yao, don't you think Yao would be owned by every athletic big man every night? I think that it would be easier to play against Yao by shooting (see 06-07 Rockets-Jazz series).

I think Brand is severly underrated, I mean, there was a thread quite a while ago about whether or not Gasol was in top 20, and I wondered where was Brand (or was he in it?)

DreamYaoTmac5
07-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Oh and :oldlol: at saying that stepping up in the playoffs and creating contact not mattering. I guess Rocket fans are content with 1 and done playoff appearances.
How has he stepped up in the playoffs? The only thing i saw him do against the Spurs this year is choke, by getting into foul trouble and missing easy finishes that are for easy for him.

Amare = Choker

you need to stop being so insecure.

el_locoteee
07-04-2008, 07:39 PM

Understand?

Amare>Yao

He has only been one time and 10.3 RPG in 43 minutes is not exactly stepping up in the playoff. But Elton Brand is good anyways.

statman32
07-04-2008, 07:47 PM
He has only been one time and 10.3 RPG in 43 minutes is not exactly stepping up in the playoff. But Elton Brand is good anyways.
I wasnt talking about Brand. :)

qrich
07-04-2008, 07:56 PM

LOL this is funny.

Yao's often injured, thus equaling injury prone.

Brand had one major injury, and not equaling injury prone. Yes, he missed some back to back game or sat out because he had a sore back/knee or whatever, but he doesn't go down like a fly every season. Only one other time that I can remember was Brand injured, and it was a hairline fracture.

By the way, Brand has had 4 seasons where he has played 80 games, one with 79, and 74. Only two times, besides last season, as he played under 70 games, and one was 69[62 was the other]. And the least amount of minutes he has averaged per game was 37. While on the flipside, Yao did play over 80 games three times, but the most minutes he averaged per game was 34.2 pre-last season.

So explain to me, how Brand is injury prone?