Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Francisco Garcia Signs 5 Year Deal with Kings (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104005)

ihatetimthomas 09-26-2008 12:32 AM

Francisco Garcia Signs 5 Year Deal with Kings

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3609317

23 million over 4 with a 7 million 5th year option.

I always liked him since his Louisville days. He can run and shoot. He is a nice guy to have off the bench and with the departure of Artest, he will get some significant minutes.

LakersLaLaLand 09-26-2008 12:41 AM

Re: Francisco Garcia Signs 5 Year Deal with Kings

upcoming fantasy relevance

ZeN 09-26-2008 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand

funny enough i picked him up in one of my teams today :D

mattreis62 09-26-2008 12:50 AM

6 million a year seems like a lot for Garcia. Is he even going to start next year? I guess it's a battle between him and Salmons for the SF spot.

ihatetimthomas 09-26-2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattreis62
6 million a year seems like a lot for Garcia. Is he even going to start next year? I guess it's a battle between him and Salmons for the SF spot.

Salmons is really a shooting guard so I think he will come off the bench as 6th man backing up Udrih and Martin. I think the deal they gacv to Garcia is an indication that the starting 3 spot is his for the taking

ronnymac 09-26-2008 01:08 AM

Garcia is a nice player. kings are putting together a nice team for the future . they should have done he nocioni trade as wel. but there current team is quiet solid.

Beno
Martyn
Salmon
moore
miller

PacerRaptor 09-26-2008 02:27 AM

thats too much money for him

Posterize246 09-26-2008 12:21 PM

I really like Garcia. He's got a good 3 point shot and is solid in all aspects of the game. The Artest trade will open up some minutes for him also.

Phenith 09-26-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Salmons is really a shooting guard so I think he will come off the bench as 6th man backing up Udrih and Martin. I think the deal they gacv to Garcia is an indication that the starting 3 spot is his for the taking

Salmons can play PG(not as a starter, just fill in minutes), SG and SF, so he would be ideal to bring off the bench at all those positions and he will still end up getting starters minutes.

If you go the younger route... you trade Miller for near nothing(picks, money, expirer(s)) or let him mentor the youngsters in a back up role and go with

PG: Udrih/Salmons/Jackson
SG: Martin/Salmons/Douby
SF: Garcia/Salmons
PF: Thompson/Greene/Williams
C: Hawes/Miller/Moore

Udrih is widely underrated and Thompson is this years Stucky(underrated because of the school he came out of).

It's a young team that has a decent looking future... add in a high lottery pick next year and they could catch up to some of the aging teams in the West next year.

SRZ66 09-26-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand

people are going to overpay for him, the salmon, and kmart

ForceOfNature 09-26-2008 02:26 PM

He's a very fundamentally sound player. I too remember him most from his Louisville days with TaQuan Dean, they were saying he's the next big thing, and he turned out pretty good. He can shoot, he's long and agile as well, great asset for any team.

Hopper15 09-26-2008 02:42 PM

The Kings have become a joke, the Moloofs still can't admit they need to rebuild.

DCL 09-26-2008 02:46 PM

luke whitehead is dying from this news.

bigkingsfan 09-26-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopper15
The Kings have become a joke, the Moloofs still can't admit they need to rebuild.

I thought we were rebuilding? :confusedshrug:

Dump Artest and Bibby for expirers/rookies...
Thomas and Miller 20 mil will be off the books in 2010

Hopper15 09-26-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
I thought we were rebuilding? :confusedshrug:

Dump Artest and Bibby for expirers/rookies...
Thomas and Miller 20 mil will be off the books in 2010

60 mil=Udrih+Garcia extensions is not rebuilding. The Moloofs will continue handing out bad MLE type contracts screwing up any cap room for 2010.