Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   no nationally televised kings games (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105030)

Admiral 10-06-2008 11:47 PM

no nationally televised kings games

look, i know they aren't gonna be great, and i didn't look for any other team that didnt get any national tv time, but shouldn't every team get at least ONE game? i get it from a "who is gonna earn the most viewers/money" point of view, and it's probably just me being a fan, but i would have liked to see them get ONE game just saying... :violin:

/end complaint

bokes15 10-07-2008 04:57 PM

Re: no nationally televised kings games

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral
look, i know they aren't gonna be great, and i didn't look for any other team that didnt get any national tv time, but shouldn't every team get at least ONE game? i get it from a "who is gonna earn the most viewers/money" point of view, and it's probably just me being a fan, but i would have liked to see them get ONE game just saying... :violin:

/end complaint

I'm sorry to say this, but it's about time... I mean no offense to the kings, I like some of your players, but the Kings have been inexplicably getting games even after producing losing seasons.

Admiral 10-08-2008 12:45 AM

what about the grizzlies? and again, i'm not looking for every other week, i'm just saying ONE and anyway, it's just a fan's complaint anyway i dont really care that minnesota doesnt have any either

oldenpolynice 10-10-2008 02:07 AM

I love the Kings. But did you really think we'd get nationally televised games? Most casual NBA fans couldn't pick Kevin Martin out of a lineup and Brad Miller is no draw. Neither is Salmons, Udrih, Hawes, Moore, Thompson or Garcia.

Who on the Kings is going to pull a national audience?

bokes15 10-10-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral
what about the grizzlies? and again, i'm not looking for every other week, i'm just saying ONE and anyway, it's just a fan's complaint anyway i dont really care that minnesota doesnt have any either

If I had to take a wild guess, i'd say it was because of O.J. Mayo that they got a televised game. People want to see what he's all about. As for the Kings, they're bringing back pretty much the same core team and nobody on the team is really a big draw. It's understandable that as a fan its disappointing, but its not like they were robbed or something.

Admiral 10-12-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bokes15
If I had to take a wild guess, i'd say it was because of O.J. Mayo that they got a televised game. People want to see what he's all about. As for the Kings, they're bringing back pretty much the same core team and nobody on the team is really a big draw. It's understandable that as a fan its disappointing, but its not like they were robbed or something.

never said they were robbed...and again, it's just a fan's complaint

Showtime 10-13-2008 05:49 PM

Sac used to get all the love when they were good. Winning = popular = ratings. Also, boxoffice stars = ratings. Since Sac has neither, they won't get back on TV until that changes. Look at NO. The league didn't expect them to do that well last season, so when they got to the top of the west, and CP burst onto the national scene, they switched it up and added games. They will get more this year.