Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   NBA game-time commentators should just shut up (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107481)

b.jerk 10-29-2008 12:39 AM

NBA game-time commentators should just shut up

NBA play-by-play guys are just so stupid and talk about the stuff that people don't care about. If Doug Collins saw a Picasso he would only talk about the monetary worth. I watch some of the tnt game and all he talked about was how the Blazers shouldn't foul Kobe Bryant hard because that motivates him. He didn't mention once how Kobe Bryant was cutting the defense, how soft the blazers are or how the blazers can only play yesterday's game. By the way euroleague this time of year is much more entertaining.

dd24 10-29-2008 02:52 PM

Re: NBA game-time commentators should just shut up

It was actually a good point and if you watched the post game interview Kobe did say that the hard foul did actually motivate him to go on that streak. It's a fact and Collins pointed it out at that time. Doug Collins isn't just a game commentator. He used to be a coach and was considered for the Bulls opening this year. He's extremely knowledgeable about basketball.

b.jerk 10-29-2008 04:19 PM

Doug Collins is knowledgeable but talking about a three second comment for twenty minutes is annoying. Kobe Bryant didn't toy with the blazers because of a single hard foul. Kobe Bryant toyed with the blazers because he could and the blazers are soft team playing yesterday's game. The game wasn't even fun to watch because the quality of some of the aspects of the game(mostly the blazers but the Lakers too) was piss poor.

berraco 10-30-2008 04:07 AM

why is this thread in the international basket forum?

la bomba 10-30-2008 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berraco

exactly.

Kobe8 12-08-2008 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berraco

I Guess it Includes with the Sentence he said "Euroleague is much more entertaining this time".. I didnt right it in the same exact words but its similar of the words he said

jbot 12-09-2008 11:44 AM

if that annoys u, don't ever listen to bill walton. dude talks about some crazy stuff.

doug collins is the most intelligent commentator on tv. i'm so baffled by his knowledge that if he were to tell me something really off the wall, like that i had 3 nuts, i would believe it.

b.jerk 12-09-2008 08:32 PM

I want to tell Doug Collins to tell me something once or maybe twice, and don't go on a rant on the same detail for twenty minutes. The audience aren't nba athletes learning a game plan.