Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Name the Kings team needs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1180)

insidehoops 06-11-2006 07:22 PM

Name the Kings team needs

Name your team's TEAM NEEDS, in order of importance.

What positions need to be filled the most?
What specific skills should the players at that position have to best compliment the players already there?

Post the top few most important needs the team has to fill this summer, via the draft/free agency/trades/etc.

bigboi_baller 06-11-2006 09:42 PM

defensive minded athletic big man and backup combogaurd

BradMiller52 06-11-2006 10:06 PM

The kings need:

An athletic big man that plays decent D in the post, blocks shots, rebounds, and doesn't need to score much(like Tyson Chandler) Probably another athletic big man too.

A back up point guard that can shoot and play D.

To get rid of Kenny Thomas.

Ballings10 06-12-2006 01:02 AM

- An upgrade over Hart for back-up PG. Duhon/Bell/Mo Williams/Banks/Lue/B-Jax. I'd be cool with one of them.

- A revised front-court. Trade one of Brad/KT for a defensive big (Eddie Griffin/Magloire/Gadzuric/Etan T/Chandler (Miller here)). Trade Pota or demote him to 3rd center, and get a new back-up C like Elson/Cato/Kandi/Wright. Brad/KT/SAR/Pota isn't that good of an FC, and really only SAR has certainity.

- If Bonzi is gone, Kevin will be starting SG. That will require getting a swingman with some experience (Buckner/Ras. Butler/Ju. Jones). Doubt we'll have Artest and 3 or 4 youngsters as our swingman crop.

Unregistered 06-12-2006 02:38 AM

bibby and artest = 1,2 punch and face of the franchise for years to come

bigboi_baller 06-12-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered

dont think so, i really think bibby is overrated... i agree, bibby was awesome with webb as a complementary PG who could kill teams with his jumper. but i think bibby isnt effective as a player who creates shots for his team and has to score to be effective. if the kings could pickup someone like webb who was a superstar who creates shots and bibby play off of him, bibby shud stay. if not, i dont think the kings shud label him an untouchable

albertpujols 06-12-2006 11:29 PM

They need Chris Webber and Peja back.

BradMiller52 06-12-2006 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albertpujols

HELL NO. The only way I'd want Chris back is if he'd opt out of his current contract(which he can, he has an option to do it this offseason), will sign for the MLE, and will consider being a 6th man type player. For this to happen the kings would have to make moves that would get them closer to a ring and Iverson would have to be traded so Chris would feel like he'll never win in Philly.

and I don't want Peja back no matter what. He's a bitch. He quit on this team even though while he was here it could've been pretty good.

lollol604 06-13-2006 12:22 AM

Quote:

i think he was sarcastic

bigboi_baller 06-13-2006 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradMiller52
and I don't want Peja back no matter what. He's a bitch. He quit on this team even though while he was here it could've been pretty good.

I dont think peja relli comppletely quit on any1..he kinda was left deserted. straight up, every1 stopped passin the rock. didnt get much support and was expected to do a lil too much

Unregistered 06-13-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albertpujols

Yeah, that will help with the interior defense.

bigboi_baller 06-13-2006 07:45 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that will help with the interior defense.

honestly hopin that was sarcasm

fan_since_85 06-19-2006 09:12 PM

Honestly, I Think The Coaching Change Will Take Care Of Most Of The Problems. I Think They Will Utilize Shareef More To His Strengths. Otherwise I Would Like To See A Change In The Center And/or Power Forward Posistion. More Size And Strength Is Needed, Less Finesse.

sac#1 06-22-2006 02:54 PM

a backup center who can post up, and pickup some rebounds and block. Someone like mourning.
How does that sounds?

ConanRulesNBC 06-29-2006 01:05 PM

How would Jermaine O'Neal do on the Kings?