Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minnesota Timberwolves Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   best case scenario: we get #1 pick (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119777)

twolvesfan 02-08-2009 01:38 PM

best case scenario: we get #1 pick
 
ok so we go and pull this years version of the chicago bulls, who do you pick and why? or do we trade down?

JellyBean 02-08-2009 02:12 PM

Re: best case scenario: we get #1 pick
 
If we are able to grab that #1 pick, I would say go with my fellow UConn Husky, Hasheem Thabeet. With Thabeet, we have a legit center, so we can move Big Al back to his power forward spot (his natural position). Thabeet may lack offensive awareness, but the kid is still getting better and working on his game with Hakeem and Dikembe Mutombo, which means we could have a very scary front court with Big Al and Thabeet and Ryan Gomes.

Thabeet is great on the defensive side of the ball. He can change the flow of a game in a heartbeat. I would pick this player first.

My vision for our starting five:
C: Thabeet
PF: Big Al
SF: Ryan Gomes
SG: Mike Miller
PG; Randy Foye

Off the bench:
K-Love
CB 22
McCants
Telfair
Smith (Craig)

04mzwach 02-09-2009 01:26 PM

Re: best case scenario: we get #1 pick
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyBean
If we are able to grab that #1 pick, I would say go with my fellow UConn Husky, Hasheem Thabeet. With Thabeet, we have a legit center, so we can move Big Al back to his power forward spot (his natural position). Thabeet may lack offensive awareness, but the kid is still getting better and working on his game with Hakeem and Dikembe Mutombo, which means we could have a very scary front court with Big Al and Thabeet and Ryan Gomes.

Thabeet is great on the defensive side of the ball. He can change the flow of a game in a heartbeat. I would pick this player first.

My vision for our starting five:
C: Thabeet
PF: Big Al
SF: Ryan Gomes
SG: Mike Miller
PG; Randy Foye

Off the bench:
K-Love
CB 22
McCants
Telfair
Smith (Craig)

:applause: Trading picks and a player is always optional. We could probably still get better in the lottery if we can't win games without Jefferson. We will see how Love fairs and what about Blake Griffin? Isn't he projected #1 still? He is pretty good. It would be pretty weird to see a native white guy go first. When was the last time a native white player went first in the draft? Andrew Bogut wasn't born in the USA, so I'm not counting him. Andrea Bargnani wasn't born in the USA, so I'm not counting him. It just never happens.

04mzwach 02-09-2009 01:37 PM

Re: best case scenario: we get #1 pick
 
Give me details about Thabeet, I don't get to watch him play. Any other info would be great.

JellyBean 02-09-2009 04:37 PM

Re: best case scenario: we get #1 pick
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 04mzwach
:applause: Trading picks and a player is always optional. We could probably still get better in the lottery if we can't win games without Jefferson. We will see how Love fairs and what about Blake Griffin? Isn't he projected #1 still? He is pretty good. It would be pretty weird to see a native white guy go first. When was the last time a native white player went first in the draft? Andrew Bogut wasn't born in the USA, so I'm not counting him. Andrea Bargnani wasn't born in the USA, so I'm not counting him. It just never happens.



Yeah, come to think of it, I have never seen a natural born white player (american) citizen become the #1 pick. I am sure that this happened back in the day, but not during my viewing experience..30 years.

Yeah, Blake is still the projected #1 player to be taken in the draft, and is one heck of a baller. With Thabeet he is not your dominate scoring big man, so this allows Big Al or CB#22 or Gomes, and Miller a chance to become the 2 or 3 headed offensive weapons that we need. Thabeet is more of a defensive stopper to clog up the paint.

Thabeets stats and core essentials:
13.2 pts a game
10.2 boards a game
4 blocks a game

Pretty much that is it. But the thing that I like, the kid is hungry and raw. Each offseason he is working out with Hakeem, Moses Malone, and Mutombo, and getting better with his offensive package. If given the right team and right coach, this kid could become really special.

Either way, we should turn out pretty good with this draft class.

Big Al All day 02-09-2009 05:55 PM

Re: best case scenario: we get #1 pick
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyBean
If we are able to grab that #1 pick, I would say go with my fellow UConn Husky, Hasheem Thabeet. With Thabeet, we have a legit center, so we can move Big Al back to his power forward spot (his natural position). Thabeet may lack offensive awareness, but the kid is still getting better and working on his game with Hakeem and Dikembe Mutombo, which means we could have a very scary front court with Big Al and Thabeet and Ryan Gomes.

Thabeet is great on the defensive side of the ball. He can change the flow of a game in a heartbeat. I would pick this player first.

My vision for our starting five:
C: Thabeet
PF: Big Al
SF: Ryan Gomes
SG: Mike Miller
PG; Randy Foye

Off the bench:
K-Love
CB 22
McCants
Telfair
Smith (Craig)


First, I actually hope they don't take Thabeet. Sure he is 7'3, but to me he just has bust written all over him. I think he won't be any better than a very poor man's Deke, or a rich man's Sam Dalembert.

Second, why would you want to move Foye back to the 1 when he is CLEARLY a 2. There is a huge difference in how he plays at each position. I think the 1 is just to much for him and all he should be worrying about is scoring. Hopefully they can either make a trade or sign a decent pg.

I don't think they will tank, they will probably try it keep going. I hope they make some kind of a trade, which probably won't happen. Lol, maybe we could go after Amare. But I really hope they don't tank, that would not be good for this young team. But we need a big man, Love simply can't be our center, and there really isn't anyone else.

twolvesfan 02-09-2009 05:57 PM

Re: best case scenario: we get #1 pick
 
can anyone really see us taking blake griffin though? i mean, we already have 2 great young PFs in jefferson and love.

Big Al All day 02-09-2009 07:11 PM

Re: best case scenario: we get #1 pick
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by twolvesfan
can anyone really see us taking blake griffin though? i mean, we already have 2 great young PFs in jefferson and love.

I think given the chance we probably would. He's more of C anyways, which we desperately need. I'm guessing we will have a pick in the top ten and if Thabeet is available, we should take him. But there is just something about him that makes me catch a bust vibe. I've seen him play a few games and idk. But you can't really pass up 7'3.

JellyBean 02-09-2009 10:07 PM

Re: best case scenario: we get #1 pick
 
I see what you are saying, Big AL, and you could be right. But like I said, we should be good either way we go in this draft.

Big Al All day 02-10-2009 12:02 PM

Re: best case scenario: we get #1 pick
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyBean
I see what you are saying, Big AL, and you could be right. But like I said, we should be good either way we go in this draft.

Yeah, obviously I'd rather have Griffin, he's more polished all around and he will most likely be pretty good in this league. But chances are we won't have a chance to get him. If we have the chance to take Thabeet we should. I thought about it and you don't pass up 7'3. But this draft seems like it will be pretty weak. Maybe like 5-7 good players.

twolvesfan 02-10-2009 05:17 PM

Re: best case scenario: we get #1 pick
 
thatd be something if we ended up with all 4 of the potential 1st rounders and traded them to go 1-2 in the draft:hammertime:

FOYE4MVP 02-10-2009 05:32 PM

Re: best case scenario: we get #1 pick
 
James Harden

Jefferson/Aldrich
Love/Smith
Brewer/Aminu
Harden/Lester Hudson
Foye/Telfair

04mzwach 02-10-2009 05:40 PM

Re: best case scenario: we get #1 pick
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Al All day
Yeah, obviously I'd rather have Griffin, he's more polished all around and he will most likely be pretty good in this league. But chances are we won't have a chance to get him. If we have the chance to take Thabeet we should. I thought about it and you don't pass up 7'3. But this draft seems like it will be pretty weak. Maybe like 5-7 good players.

funny thing is, right now I'd rather have Eddie Griffin. I loved that guy. I just wish he wouldn't of been an alcoholic. Blake Griffin is almost a bad omen now that I think about it. :ohwell:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy