Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: Job at Burger King (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12006)

HALLandOATES 09-26-2006 10:55 PM

OT: Job at Burger King

How much do fast food joints typically pay? Does anyone know? I'm need some extra cash and my part time job isn't cutting it right now to say the least.

Kobe24 09-26-2006 10:56 PM

Min wage.

geeWiz15 09-26-2006 10:59 PM

BK Lounge

yeaaaa

JtotheIzzo 09-26-2006 11:00 PM

Hall and Oates

Would like fries with that sir?

XxNeXuSxX 09-26-2006 11:04 PM

Go work for loss prevention at your local walmart. You will be hired if your physically cut, big and smart. They start usually at $9.00 per hour.

You probably have to be 17 to apply though, good luck.

geeWiz15 09-26-2006 11:07 PM

what is loss prevention? stopping people from stealing?

XxNeXuSxX 09-26-2006 11:09 PM

Right, you go out and snoop out shoplifters, sometimes you will pose as an undercover customer pretending to shop, other times you may be 'uniformed' and will assist on potential shoplifts.

Fun job to say the least.

HALLandOATES 09-26-2006 11:09 PM

Im desperate right now really, I really dont givea crap what the job is as long as make some extra cash.

AppleNader 09-26-2006 11:10 PM

Rule #1 for high school employees:

Never work fastfood. It WILL stink up for clothes, make your skin greasy, and turn you away from fast food. Plus, its boring and just an overall bad work environment.

If you just want cash on the side, f&cking mow lawns or something. You can get $10-$20 per lawn, which probably would take only around an hour. More money than you could make in BK, no taxes, and exercise.

Jerm 09-26-2006 11:10 PM

Go and sell some dope if you need money. What now, not man enough to do it?...Oh our little HallandOates has no balls.

TMacsOneGoodEye 09-26-2006 11:11 PM

How come you guys are getting these terrible jobs? I never worked at a fast food place during high school. The worst place I worked was AOL and even there I was making $11 an hour doing tech support from the week after I turned 16 to when I left to Boston to finish high school my Senior year. In New England I worked at a little indie video/music store. The pay was terrible but I met alot of cool people and learned all there is to know about music.

Look for a better job. They are out there.

HALLandOATES 09-26-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

Go and sell some dope if you need money. What now, not man enough to do it?...Oh our little HallandOates has no balls.

You couldnt put a gun to my head and make me do that. I might buy but never sell.

Well I had a interview at Kohls today but Im thinking I might not get the job. Its really pissing me off because on my spare time I have been looking all over the place for another job.My other job just doesn't have the hours I need right now.
Quote:

How come you guys are getting these terrible jobs? I never worked at a fast food place during high school. The worst place I worked was AOL and even there I was making $11 an hour doing tech support from the week after I turned 16 to when I left to Boston to finish high school my Senior year. In New England I worked at a little indie video/music store. The pay was terrible but I met alot of cool people and learned all there is to know about music.

Look for a better job. They are out there

Show me the way bro , I live in a place where jobs are hard to come by . If you don't know someone basically you aren't getting past 9 bucks an hour.

Hawker 09-26-2006 11:16 PM

blame illegals and outsourcing.

HALLandOATES 09-26-2006 11:17 PM

Quote:

blame illegals

The snow keeps them away where I live , Its like repelient.

JtotheIzzo 09-26-2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye

Look for a better job. They are out there.

what is better than a half price whopper combo?