Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   2009: The Perfect Draft (starring Blake Griffin and Ricky Rubio) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127574)

Seņor Cedric 04-09-2009 04:52 AM

2009: The Perfect Draft (starring Blake Griffin and Ricky Rubio)

This is my final mock draft of how I would like to see the lottery go.

1. Oklahoma City - Blake Griffin

He's an Oklahoma boy, and would be perfect for the Thunder down low. They still would be weak at center. Maybe they can move Green for a decent center.
Potential lineup:
CT: Kristic/ Collison/ Swift
PF: Griffin/ White
SF: Durant/ Green
SG: Sefolsha/ Mason/ Weaver
PG: Westbrook/ Livingston

2. Sacramento - Ricky Rubio
They need a point guard, and they really need a defensive injection. Rubio would have some decent offensive players to pass to immediately.
CT: Hawes/ Booth
PF: Thompson/ Diogu
SF: Nocioni/ Garcia/ Greene
SG: Martin/ McCants
PG: Rubio/ Udrih

3. Washington - Hasheem Thabeet
They don't need a big guy badly according to the fans, but without Haywood this year, they have been terrible. The Wizards could look to move, Etan Thomas, Mike James and one of their big man prospects (McGee or Blatche) for a good shooting guard.
CT: Haywood/ Thabeet
PF: Jamison/ Blatche or McGee
SF: Butler/ McGuire
SG: Stevenson/ Young
PG: Arenas/ Crittenton

4. LA Clippers - Ed Davis
I hate the Clippers and don't want them to take a player that has any kind of a future in the league. Ed Davis is way over-hyped at the moment, and hopefully the Clippers buy the hype. They have enough players at the moment, and don't really need someone that comes and and competes for minutes. I can't find a hole with the Clippers (except for lack of depth). Good players, terrible team.
CT: Camby/ Kaman/ Jordan
PF: Randolph/ Davis
SF: Thornton/ Novak
SG: Gordon/ Davis
PG: Davis/ Taylor

5. Memphis - Jordan Hill
He should fit in nicely at PF beside Gasol. Hill can get up and down the floor rebounding and blocking shots, exactly what the Grizzlies need. (I considered Greg Monroe here, but I think he'll take time to be ready and he also doesn't really fit in style-wise)
CT: Gasol
PF: Hill
SF: Gay
SG: Mayo
PG: Conley Jr.

6. Minnesota - James Harden
He is the big time player they need at the 2. Some mocks have the TWolves picking a point guard, but I think they are fine with Telfair and Foye. This allows Mike Miller to move to the bench, and become one of the best 6th men in the league.
CT: Jefferson
PF: Love
SF: Gomes, Miller or Brewer
SG: Harden
PG: Foye or Telfair

7. New York - Brandon Jennings
He's the perfect point guard for D'Antoni's system. He will help attract some big name players.... that's if he pans out.
CT: ?
PF: Lee
SF: Chandler
SG: ?
PG: Jennings/ Robinson

8. Golden State - Willie Warren
I haven't a clue what they want, or need. He just seems like Nelson type.

9. Toronto - Greg Monroe

Bosh insurance, and he would play well with Bosh or Bargnani.

10. Milwaukee - Jrue Holiday
He would be perfect backing up Sessions and Redd. He would also give the Bucks a reason to trade Ridnour.

11. New Jersey - Earl Clark
They are so weak at both forward spots. Clark is a very unselfish player, and he does a lot of things well. He is the ultimate team player, and he won't take many shots away from anyone.

12. Indiana - Cole Aldrich

He's big, he's white, and hopefully he lights a fire under Hibbert's ass. Perfect for Indiana. They really don't have that many holes in their lineup.

13. Charlotte - Tyreke Evans
Charlotte has 2 point guards that love to shoot. Evans is also a scorer but he works well distributing the ball as well. I feel like he would be an incredible fit next to either one of Felton or Augustine. Especially seeing he is great at driving to the hole, and they are both fairly good shooters. His defensive potential would probably convince Brown and Jordan to take him here.
CT: Okafor
PF: Diaw
SF: Wallace
SG: Bell/ Evans
PG: Felton/ Augustine

14. Phoenix - Al-Farouq Aminu

They need an eventual replacement for Hill (he may even leave after this horrible season for Phoenix).

Chicago-Rose 04-09-2009 05:02 AM

Re: 2009: The Perfect Draft (starring Blake Griffin and Ricky Rubio)

Interesting thoughts. Have you given any consideration to whom the Bulls should pick?

Thunderstruck 04-09-2009 05:14 AM

Swift definitely will not be with the Thunder next season. Might want to revise that.

Seņor Cedric 04-09-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago-Rose
Interesting thoughts. Have you given any consideration to whom the Bulls should pick?

They need a bruiser at power forward, someone who can score down low. They've needed someone like that for a long time.

If they can get Craig Brackins they would be getting a steal.

Seņor Cedric 04-09-2009 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
Swift definitely will not be with the Thunder next season. Might want to revise that.

Having him on the depth chart isn't a big deal. I typed him in as the 3rd string center. I am not going to waste my time deleting him, I don't care.

hayden695 04-09-2009 05:21 AM

i cant remember, doesnt foye play better at the 2 or 1.

if 2 then i think the twolves shouldnt get harden(i want him:D ) and they will have lots of 2 guards, if hes better at 1 then they should get him, i dont think telfair is good enough for lots of mins.

i dont watch alot of the twolves sorry if this sounds dumb

the raps should get a guard at the two or even a three

Thunderstruck 04-09-2009 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
Having him on the depth chart isn't a big deal. I typed him in as the 3rd string center. I am not going to waste my time deleting him, I don't care.

K, just giving the head's up. I would love to see the ping pong balls fall that way, but chances are they won't. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Thunder offer something like Jeff Green and both of their first round picks to the team with the #1 pick for Griffin, but I worry that may be too much to give up for him and depending on who gets the first pick, they may want Griffin too much anyway. All in all, I wouldn't be surprised if they Thunder aggressively try to move up for him if they aren't lucky enough to snag the pick.

Seņor Cedric 04-09-2009 05:26 AM

Foye and Harden both seem unselfish. They seem like a dynamic pairing.

Undisputed 04-09-2009 05:36 AM

Quote:

They need a bruiser at power forward, someone who can score down low. They've needed someone like that for a long time.

If they can get Craig Brackins they would be getting a steal.

I have a feeling Brackins is going to be the steal of the entire draft. That guy is an inside-out scoring threat with a high basketball IQ.

Seņor Cedric 04-09-2009 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undisputed
I have a feeling Brackins is going to be the steal of the entire draft. That guy is an inside-out scoring threat with a high basketball IQ.

Good call. He really has the size, skills, and the potential to keep getting better and better.

godofgods 04-09-2009 05:50 AM

Quote:

This is my final mock draft of how I would like to see the lottery go.

1. Oklahoma City - Blake Griffin

He's an Oklahoma boy, and would be perfect for the Thunder down low. They still would be weak at center. Maybe they can move Green for a decent center.
Potential lineup:
CT: Kristic/ Collison/ Swift
PF: Griffin/ White
SF: Durant/ Green
SG: Sefolsha/ Mason/ Weaver
PG: Westbrook/ Livingston

Griffin/Collison/Durant will eventually be the 2nd greatest frontcourt trio after Bird/Parish/McHale. :rockon:

Seņor Cedric 04-09-2009 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godofgods
Griffin/Collison/Durant will eventually be the 2nd greatest frontcourt trio after Bird/Parish/McHale. :rockon:

If they can land Griffin somehow, this Thunder team has the potential to be very very very very good for a long time.

Figlo 04-09-2009 07:00 AM

Imagine if the Chandler to Thunder trade wasn't cancelled

T. Chandler/Kristic
B. Griffin/Collison
J. Green/???
K. Durant/Sefolosha
R. Westbrook/Watson

:eek:

brandonislegend 04-09-2009 07:20 AM

Perfect would be

Conley
Mayo
Gay
Griffin
Gasol

GROW TOGETHER SICK

Seņor Cedric 04-09-2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Perfect would be

Conley
Mayo
Gay
Griffin
Gasol

GROW TOGETHER SICK

No way. Griffin is from Oklahoma, and they have a hole at power forward. Memphis is a terrible market. The Grizzlies may be moving in a few years.... again.