Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   How good is my team???...Its SIIIK!!! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13270)

ThaKid 10-09-2006 03:58 PM

How good is my team???...Its SIIIK!!!

14 tema league. drafted 11th (side note didnt draft until after my 6th pick cuz my comp froze)....and any views on who should i start, bench, avoid, trade for, etc.

G S. Nash
G P. Pierce
G S. Claxton
G B. Roy
F C. Boozer
F C. Villanueva
F M. Miller
F K. Martin
C M. Camby
Util M. Dunleavy
Util Sh. Williams
BN J. Jack
BN A. Jefferson
BN A. Parker

vapid 10-09-2006 04:22 PM

whats on your waiver wire? also, i wouldn't start shelden williams.

ThaKid 10-09-2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vapid
whats on your waiver wire? also, i wouldn't start shelden williams.

yea i seen it and i dont even kno what that means... what does it mean??? it says waiver and mine is 4

vapid 10-09-2006 04:50 PM

your free agents. The number just means your priority to pick up the free agents.

Trade 10-09-2006 05:25 PM

i would drop j. jack

and see if yo could pick up tinsley if he is still a free agent

RidonKs 10-09-2006 05:27 PM

Jack's going to be starting for the Blazers, and he's only got Dikau to back him up. I'd drop Jefferson or Parker before I dropped Jack. He's a possible sleeper for sure.

Trade 10-09-2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RidonKs
Jack's going to be starting for the Blazers, and he's only got Dikau to back him up. I'd drop Jefferson or Parker before I dropped Jack. He's a possible sleeper for sure.

Im pretty sure the future Rookie Of The Year Brandon Roy will take the starting PG for the Blazers instead of Jack

Tess Squad 10-10-2006 12:48 PM

Yeah, that team is decent. Pretty heavy on ASTS and PTS and TO's. But a very good all around team. And you have a couple duds on your roster....

J. Jack has to go. Blazers are never sleepers unless you're talking Roy and you have him. Dunleavy is a waste of space and not adding anything that your team don't already have. There has to be a FA that you can pick up that gives you at least somthing heavy in one category, or 2? And Al Jefferson is going to be VERY slow in coming around into fantasy roster worthiness. Until he does, its a wasted spot on your squad again. If you want a Celtic, grab Gomes or Perkins, both of which are going to log early minutes and rotate into starting positions early (Although word is that Theo Ratliff will be starting for the Cs). But I would look to move/drop those players.

I hate to say that Charlie Vill. should be decent this year. I hate that guy, but especially now w/out Bogut in the paint, he's gonna have to grab every single rebound. Sheldon is a good pick. NOt right away, but I do see him turning into a solid fantasy big man early. Good looks there. Mike Miller will be fun to have while Gasol is out.

Which K. Martin is that? Kevin or Kenyon? If Kevin then you have a great emerging talent in the NBA. If Kenyon, then you'll be watching one fade away.

Great pick up on Bonzi - :applause: ! I jock Bonzi. What round/pick# did you grab him?

thejoyofsobe 10-10-2006 01:06 PM

i agree with those that said get rid of Anthony Parker. He's a decent rebouding guard but won't do much else fantasy-wise this season. The man couldn't make Euro-threes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trade
Im pretty sure the future Rookie Of The Year Brandon Roy will take the starting PG for the Blazers instead of Jack

Unless Nate McMillian is a liar, then Jack will be the starting point guard for Portland. No doubt that Roy will be the backup point guard, but I think we will see him getting the bulk of his minutes at shooting guard this season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tess Squad
J. Jack has to go. Blazers are never sleepers unless you're talking Roy and you have him.

I would argue that Jack will have fantasy value this season and he will average probably 1 3PTM, 14 PTS, 5 AST and 1 STL now that he's healthy.
As for the rest of the Blazers, Travis Outlaw has a good chance of usurping Darius Miles and Martell Webster might even be worth a pickup halfway through the season.

Tess Squad 10-10-2006 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
Unless Nate McMillian is a liar, then Jack will be the starting point guard for Portland. No doubt that Roy will be the backup point guard, but I think we will see him getting the bulk of his minutes at shooting guard this season.

I would argue that Jack will have fantasy value this season and he will average probably 1 3PTM, 14 PTS, 5 AST and 1 STL now that he's healthy.
As for the rest of the Blazers, Travis Outlaw has a good chance of usurping Darius Miles and Martell Webster might even be worth a pickup halfway through the season.

REGARDING THE BLAZERS - If everyone is healthy, I'd say the orderof Fantazy players on that team is as follows: Randolph, Roy, Miles, Jack, HUGE DROP, Webster, Magloire, Dixon, Pryzbzy. I would say Jack is going to be decent at that PG spot. Roy will see PG and SG minutes, but I see him in the mix more often than Jack and Dixon will back them both up. D. Dickau never should see a fantasy roster. And if Miles can ever find himself healthy throughout a whole season, he's a nice fantasy player for those hard to get numbers: he steals and blocks the hell outa the ball. He could potentially score 18/game this year if he can get healthy. He loves to throw the ball away though, which hurts when he gets 7 TOs one game. Magloire and Przybilla and Lefrentz are such a gross squad of C's, but I'd have to give Magloire the nod at that position. Webster showed some great potential last year early logging sometimes over 30 min in a chunk of games, scoreing over 20 in a few. But he doesn't seem interested in doing anything but scoring and maybe a steal or two if it can get him breakaway highlights - CLASSIC Portland basketball. Anyway, what gets me with Webster, is that at the end of the season when 1st year'rs like himself should break loose on a team that is way out of contention, he just fell asleep and never showed to play.

So when you are talking about the blazers, be weary. But you are right. J. Jack should do better this season, but I don't think its gonna be all that impressive and Dixon is a solid backup.

ThaKid 10-10-2006 10:57 PM

UPDATE!!!!!
Dropped A. Parker, Al Jefferson
Picked Up Tinsley (if healthy [which is unlikely but ill take a chance for my bench] he is an auto 11pts, 7asst, 1stl,) and Robert Swift (pretty sure hes starting for Sonics [hopefully] and if he has a good year i think he could go for 10 and 10 and 2 blocks)
......so in the end i dropped 2 guys that mite end up doing nothing for two very good, but risky players

ThaKid 10-10-2006 11:00 PM

also i have sent a trade of Kenyon Martin and Dunleavy for Mo Williams and Joel Przybilla.....the other person sent me a trade of Mo williams for Kmart but i counter offered this cuz i dont wanna lose too much rebounding and also i do need blocks.....what u guys think should i stick with it or cancel the trade????

jrt1584 10-10-2006 11:06 PM

Tinsley was a good pickup, I dont know about Swift though... You'll need to do more than that though if you're gonna beat me! :no:

ThaKid 10-10-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrt1584
Tinsley was a good pickup, I dont know about Swift though... You'll need to do more than that though if you're gonna beat me! :no:

hey jrt1584.....fellow leaguers are not allwed to comment my team on ISH.....oh yea and ur team is pretty scary, but remember i missed my 1st 6 picks and i got battier and i didnt even want him...i coulda picked someone else way better

ThaKid 10-10-2006 11:17 PM

oh yea jtr1584 good picking up Bdavis and Webber in the draft, 2 guys people forget about for some reason