Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Champions League Final Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133189)

i seen hippos 05-26-2009 05:17 PM

Champions League Final Thread

It's on at 2:45 EST tomorrow.

The defending champions Manchester United

vs.

Possibly the most prolific scoring team ever Barcelona

Featuring mega star power.

Ronaldo (FIFA player of the year)
Rooney (EPL player of the year contender)
Supersubs: Tevez and Berbatov
The greatest central defense in the world: Ferdinand and Vidic
The old guys: Scholes and Giggs

vs

The unstoppable offensive force: Messi (gonna be the next FIFA player of the year), E'to and Henry
Super talented midfield: Xavi and Iniesta
The man who will have to do everything on defense: Puyol

The legendary coach: Sir Alex Fergusson

vs

The green hometown hero: Guardiola

Suprisingly Man U have become big favorites amongst football fans. I hear the lines are pretty even though.

Barca is missing key players on defense and when you compare that to Man U's great defensive players (since they both have great offenses), that surely is the reason why.

Wonder how healthy the likes of Ferdinand and Iniesta are.

All eyez on Rome.

Kebab Stall 05-26-2009 05:21 PM

Re: Champions League Final Thread

I really don't care what happens as long as Berbatov reigns supreme and scores atleast once.

i seen hippos 05-26-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I really don't care what happens as long as Berbatov reigns supreme and scores atleast once.

Ya, I'd laugh at all of the Tevez nut huggers. Not saying I don't love him. But it's a little too much and not only do they support him, they bash Berbatov at the same time for no reason.

GUUS 05-26-2009 05:27 PM

i seen hippos are you drunk and high how is Messi an unstoppable force?

He is proven to be easily stopped, all you need is a speedy left back, or even just stick a speedy right back who has never player left back before to guard him.

He is so good because in Spain he is given all the time and space in the world because Spanish football is a joke, they don't play defense and don't close players down.

Messi will do nothing against Man Utd tomorrow like he did nothing against Chelsea, Fergie will have watched the game and seen how easily Messi was stopped by Ashley Cole and just tell Evra to do the same thing.

Kebab Stall 05-26-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Ya, I'd laugh at all of the Tevez nut huggers. Not saying I don't love him. But it's a little too much and not only do they support him, they bash Berbatov at the same time for no reason.

Yeah, Tevez is a good player, but I'll laugh if they don't bring him back next season. Berbatov is a fantastic player and was really something to watch when he played for the Spurs, but now at ManU, he isn't used as much. However, with a team as stacked as ManU is, you can't really blame them. Some players are going to not get as much playing time as they should.

i seen hippos 05-26-2009 05:48 PM

Bruinlove, I said Messi, E'to and Henry together are an unstoppable force. And I used that as a title, not a fact. Of course teams have found ways to stop them at times.

Bean 05-26-2009 05:53 PM

CLUTCH!

His and Henrys fitness will be crucial.

GUUS 05-26-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean

CLUTCH!

His and Henrys fitness will be crucial.

not clutch, more like fluke, lucky, and barely winners of a rigged game in their favor.

Everyone knows it should be Chelsea vs Man Utd in this, and that game would have been an actual even match, this final while it has potential, I'm pretty sure Barca will get owned.

Knuck the Ficks 05-26-2009 06:52 PM

I can't wait, hopefully the game lives up to the massive expectations I have for it.

It's really pointless to try and predict an outcome. We must remember that Chelsea were within one penalty kick of winning it last year so I disagree with the idiot above who said that Barcelona would "get owned."

That said United have to be the favourites because of the state of Barca's back four. I'm reading that Yaya will again play centre-back with Sylvinho (35 years old, used sparingly) replacing Abidal.

Win, lose or draw I would be shocked if United failed to score a goal tomorrow.

Raj Da Dodge 05-26-2009 07:14 PM

Hell yea!!! Can't wait baby!!! Lets go Man U baby!!!

ProfessorMurder 05-26-2009 07:22 PM

Oh dude thank you for reminding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would've spaced and forgot about it.

GOBB 05-26-2009 07:31 PM

What channel?

i seen hippos 05-26-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
What channel?

For you it should be ESPN. Perhaps ESPN 2, but this is bigger than the Superbowl so I'd say ESPN.

IlliniFan 05-26-2009 07:36 PM

Every Champions League game has been on ESPN2, so I'm assuming that's the channel it will be on. And for the U.S. this is not anywhere near as big as the superbowl.

i seen hippos 05-26-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Every Champions League game has been on ESPN2, so I'm assuming that's the channel it will be on. And for the U.S. this is not anywhere near as big as the superbowl.

No **** Sherlocke.

ESPN likes being hip though. They know there's a huge following in the US anyways. I think they'd showcase the biggest sports club event on earth on ESPN.