Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LeBron has growth removed in mouth (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134148)

RocketGreatness 06-02-2009 11:50 PM

LeBron has growth removed in mouth

LeBron James underwent successful surgery today at the Cleveland Clinic. He had a right benign parotid growth (near the right jaw) removed by Dr. Frank Papay in a five-hour procedure. LeBron and his family have been aware of this medical issue for several months but, with the clearance of the treating doctors and medical staff, decided to wait until the conclusion of the Cavaliers season to undergo the removal procedure. InsideHoops.com

SourGrapes 06-02-2009 11:52 PM

lebron has benign growth removed

sorry if already posted. delete if necessary

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4226010

1~Gibson~1 06-02-2009 11:57 PM

Re: LeBron has growth removed in mouth

Why does that thing have such a weird name? Why cant it just be named Right Jaw growth? :lol

Foster5k 06-03-2009 12:00 AM

Glad he made it through okay and everything is going well.

I doubt this will get all the responses as Lebron not shaking hands. Gezz.. I wonder why. :pimp:

Who cares about a player going into surgery. We want drama! We want Lebron not shaking hands or not talking to reporters. Yeah... that's what we want, so we can make a big deal about it and talk about it for decades.

CLE[216] 06-03-2009 12:05 AM

I was wondering about that thing. Glad to see he's fine.

EllEffEll 06-03-2009 12:10 AM

Probably won't be able to talk for a few days too :confusedshrug:

Just be snacking on the high priced spread from now on, umkay? You can afford it :pimp:

J/K Heal fast big guy!:cheers:

ProfessorMurder 06-03-2009 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foster5k
And that you should. Making jokes about people, who are in the hospital is wack.

I see why professional athletes rarely read what fans and reporters say. It's just disgusting.

Okay man, everyone should be made fun of in some way. I chose not to make the joke, because I didn't want to make an effort to word it properly... Not because he went to a hospital.

I'm just going to say that it was a simple procedure, and he will be home recovering not in the hospital.

I've had worse.

Zak 06-03-2009 12:22 AM

why did it take 5 hours lol?

CLE[216] 06-03-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zak

Surgery takes time. What's the rush? It's a person's body, wouldn't you want someone taking their time on yours if they were operating? I was under the knife for 12 hours, and that **** sucked, but they did what they had to do.

daily 06-03-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zak

Because they had to remove his size 18 foot he stuck in his mouth Sunday before they could proceed. lol

All kidding aside hope he gets well soon, those things in the mouth throat area can be tricky.

Meticode 06-03-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zak

What's funny about it?

cavsfanatic 06-03-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zak

Operations in that region often take such time because the parotid is located in a delicate area of the head that is surrounded by many nerves and blood vessels.

From cleveland.com/cavs

hoopaddict08 06-03-2009 12:59 AM

I heard after the surgery, he didn't shake hands with any of the surgeons. Instead, he just crab-walked right out of that hospital................

Anyway, glad to hear everything went okay.

The Magic Man 06-03-2009 01:03 AM

Now if we can get PB to have the same surgery he wont have to go through that secondary circumcision to remove his mouth from James' d*ck.

Mikaiel 06-03-2009 01:05 AM

Does it really deserve its own thread ? :confusedshrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
I heard after the surgery, he didn't shake hands with any of the surgeons.

:lol