Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Euroleague is for cowards... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136)

adamcz 06-03-2006 04:43 PM

Euroleague is for cowards...

...like Vasquez who are afraid to bring their game to the NBA.

Spiderman08 24 06-03-2006 04:56 PM

HAHA!! Funny....not.

Euroleague is awesome. The 2nd best basketball competition in the world.

The REAL Next KNICK 06-03-2006 06:15 PM

i wonder how vasquez is going to do with darko taking his spot now..

darko > vasquez

AppleNader 06-03-2006 07:38 PM

Euroleague is beautiful basketball

TheGreatNumber8 06-03-2006 07:53 PM

Euroleague has too much soft players.

DeepStich 06-04-2006 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamcz
...like Vasquez who are afraid to bring their game to the NBA.

Lol...typical American bullshit; if it's not American it's no good. Obviously the Euroleague is so much crappier than the NBA, but you have to recognize it's still a professional league that employs many amazing players (some of whom have moved to the NBA in recent years). And they're still a force to be reckoned with (like Macabbi TelAviv whippage of the Raptors last fall during a friendly in Toronto) that manges to compete even with a much smaller fanbase (remember basketball is not that popular in Europe; compared to soccer at least) and thus so much less money.
Also they encourage a type of basketball oriented more on finesse than brute physical dominance (not to suggest that the NBA has no finesse players).
To conclude, in my opinion, yes the Euroleauge is "softer" than the NBA but still better than college basketball (in my opinon), so dont bash it, unless you know what you're talking about.

P.S. Some of the players choose not to come to the NBA, like most of the Greek nationals, which in my opinion are very good basketball players (current European Champions, etc.) but enjoy increasing popularity in their home teams as well as pretty fat salaries... so why should they move?

Juvenile 06-04-2006 04:43 AM

The impression that Euro basketball is soft is now officially wrong. It always was a bit on the soft side. Even today, we allow less contact in the paint. But since the NBA is calling body contact on the perimeter so tight, we europeans can proudly announce, that NBA basketball is soft, they have a lot less contact than we do.

ALBballer 06-04-2006 10:42 AM

Re:

Isn't Fran Vazquez due to come to the Magic 07-08? Anyways, I've never seen Euro basketball, but damm the international teams sure do a number on the American teams, eh.

adamcz 06-04-2006 10:59 AM

That backup point guard in Indiana, Jasicevicus, was the best player in Europe. He's not exactly dominating the NBA.

POP A SHOT 06-04-2006 07:06 PM

the game is pretty soft in the euroleague

DeepStich 06-04-2006 11:57 PM

Yeah, it's a lot softer over there (both in the "less physical" meaning and the "less skillfull" one), but I wouldn't go as far as calling it a league for cowards...

Juvenile 06-05-2006 05:55 AM

Y'all go no clue. Honestly. How much euro ball have y'all seen in your life? Except for the worlds/olympics none I guess.

flipogb 06-05-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleNader
Euroleague is beautiful basketball

This section should just be called the Apple Nader forum, where he argues to his self about international basketball

donjuandemarco 06-06-2006 03:37 AM

re

Quote:

That backup point guard in Indiana, Jasicevicus, was the best player in Europe. He's not exactly dominating the NBA.

The game is a bit less physical, but there are teams that are successful in the NBA playing that way. I still think Jasiceviscus(sp) can be successful in the NBA, it often takes point guards a couple years to find their way in the nba.

fatboy11 06-06-2006 10:51 PM

I wish they showed Euroleague games on TV here.