Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Allen Iverson Could Be a Nugget??? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1368)

bk15 06-13-2006 08:39 PM

Allen Iverson Could Be a Nugget???

"There has been talk about a trade between Denver and Philadelphia. While the Nuggets wouldn’t mind Allen Iverson, whom the 76ers are entertaining offers for, the 76ers don’t want Kenyon Martin, whom the Nuggets would like to unload."

insidehoops 06-22-2006 03:05 AM

I think the discussions fell through. The Sixers definitely don't want Martin

nuggetsoftruth 06-22-2006 01:48 PM

3 way trade

Utah wants to trade Boozer possibly for a star player. Why not send over Andre Miller to Utah, then Boozer goes to Philly, and AI goes to Denver? Fill in the gaps to compensate, ie maybe Kenyon Martin goes with Miller to Utah. Utah gets an upgrade in that they still get a good PF and now have a star PG, Denver gets the PG/SG they are looking for, and Philly gets Boozer and maybe toss in Matt Harpring and a draft pick.

insidehoops 06-22-2006 06:54 PM

The Sixers would want more for Iverson than Boozer, especially since the Sixers still have Webber.

Webber and boozer can play next to each other, but still

jamal 07-03-2006 09:44 PM

yeah i thought the AI think really went out the window when Nene got his contract. a package involving nene in a sign-and-trade, possible andre miller, a first-round pick next year and a young prospect like julius hodge could have satisfied in a multi-team deal. it would be harder now. but kmart is getting moved, no way they keep him after the nene deal, so if they can somehow turn him into AI that'd be great. it would be tricky, but you never know.

than they could fork miller over to sac in a sign-and trade for bonzi, and but him at the 2 with AI at point and boyk backing him up. melo, nene, and camby would start up front.

KnicksFan4Life 07-03-2006 10:38 PM

Allen Iverson
for
Andre Miller and Kenyon Martin

Sounds like a good deal to me

sixerfan3511 07-03-2006 11:50 PM

not to me, id hate that, martin has a fat contract, hes overpaid, and hes always injured. And utah doesnt need andre miller, or want andre miller, cuz they already got deron williams. Neither of those trades will work.

milehi 07-11-2006 01:39 PM

are the Nuggets going to make a run at him tomorrow? They keep appearing in all the discussions of where he's going to go. But the Sixers didn't want any of our old guys, they want youth.

Aren't we stacked with draft picks next year? If so, I wonder if we are using them as trade bait.

Pat Burke is GOD 07-11-2006 04:23 PM

Send AI to Phx. Marion for AI??

AI and Nash holden up the back court that would be SICK

Bricklayer 07-11-2006 04:24 PM

How bout this one? Denver gets Iverson, Jazz get K-Mart and Francisco Elson (after he's signed), and Philly gets Boozer and Harpring. I would HATE to see Harpring go, but Philly fans can't complain about that. Combined, Boozer and Hapring could bring 35 and 17 per game. You guys get to keep A. Miller and we both swap power forwards who don't wanna be on their respective teams, plus we get the inside presence we're looking for in Elson.

milehi 07-11-2006 04:44 PM

I would be all about that! But I don't think the Nuggets are capable of something that good.

We'll probably just end up trading our draft picks and K-Mart for a pile of someone else's garbage, like a overpaid shooting guard who can't hit a three, a malnutritioned swingman and some BK Big Fish sandwiches.

I also don't want K-Mart elsewhere in our division, because I feel like he would enact vengeance on us. Talk about motivation.

douglaspuckett12 07-12-2006 09:53 AM

I really really can't stand K-Mart and think he is overated. I do however feel that even if Denver is forced to keep him, but get Iverson and maybe another guard who can spot up Martin may be ok albeit overpaid. Would hate to lost Camby.