Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How can anyone take hip hop seriously with **** like this: (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139937)

Manute for Ever! 07-15-2009 10:34 AM

How can anyone take hip hop seriously with **** like this:

I'm not even close to being a hip hop fan, in fact I can't stand it, but this pic is an absolute joke. I saw the magazine today in a store and nearly pissed myself laughing. Has all respectability gone out out of music, especially self-respect? This has to be some kind of joke, right?

Automajic23 07-15-2009 10:37 AM

Re: How can anyone take hip hop seriously with **** like this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!

I'm not even close to being a hip hop fan, in fact I can't stand it, but this pic is an absolute joke. I saw the magazine today in a store and nearly pissed myself laughing. Has all respectability gone out out of music, especially self-respect? This has to be some kind of joke, right?

what a waste of money.

Manute for Ever! 07-15-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automajic23
what a waste of money.

Gotta make sure you can see all the brand names....

Take Your Lumps 07-15-2009 10:41 AM

Dolce & Gabana, halloooo?

lazerface 07-15-2009 10:42 AM

first off, this isn't hip hop. this is garbage.

quasimoto 07-15-2009 10:46 AM

There's only thing you can do and that is to ignore all the crap. Soulja Boy and all the other ****ty mainstream acts sell, doesn't matter if the people who listen to it are retarded, and as long as they pay for it things aren't gonna change. There is good stuff available too, they just don't play it on the radio. It's like saying rock is dead because the Jonas Brothers are the best selling band nowadays.

Manute for Ever! 07-15-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasimoto
There's only thing you can do and that is to ignore all the crap. Soulja Boy and all the other ****ty mainstream acts sell, doesn't matter if the people who listen to it are retarded, and as long as they pay for it things aren't gonna change. There is good stuff available too, they just don't play it on the radio. It's like saying rock is dead because the Jonas Brothers are the best selling band nowadays.

That's a fair call :cheers:

Automajic23 07-15-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
Gotta make sure you can see all the brand names....

Seriously..
D&G boxers? OK. LV Belt with LV logos all over it? obnoxious and excessive. Brass knuckles with wolverina claws? retarded. tatted up and down? OK. Soulja boy is a clown. Back to real hip hop.

rezznor 07-15-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazerface
first off, this isn't hip hop. this is garbage.

it may not be hip hop to purists, but he presents himself as hip hop, and the mainstream accepts him as hip hop. he gives hip hop a bad name since he is one of the "faces"

lazerface 07-15-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

i couldn't have said it better. :applause:

JusBlaze 07-15-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

/end thread. How many times do people have to say this, though? If you don't like hip hop, then don't listen to it. I don't like rock much at all, but I don't go around making threads saying that I don't. I can find some stuff I like in rock, though.

We get it guys. Souljah Boy is terrible and makes hip hop look bad even though you don't even like hip hop to begin with.

goldenryan 07-15-2009 12:02 PM

that's no worst than nickelback being the most popular rock group. it just goes to show how stupid your average american music buyer is. the good bands these days are lucky even get on the radio with crap like soulja boi , fergie, and 3 downs down and all that worthless sh!t.

sixerfan82 07-15-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

I probably couldn't name 3 of today's hottest hip hop stars, but I'd agree with this.

Oh and yes I'm going to ask this because I rarely watch MTV anymore, who are the jonas brothers? lol

phoenix18 07-15-2009 12:09 PM

While I may not have the musical knowledge of my fellow posters on ISH, I do know when something is terrible. Soulja Boy is an emabrassment to black people in America. This is sad.

oh the horror 07-15-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix18
While I may not have the musical knowledge of my fellow posters on ISH, I do know when something is terrible. Soulja Boy is an emabrassment to black people in America. This is sad.

And THATS the damn truth.

This is "jigga boo" music. It doesnt represent intelligent black people for sure.