Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Memphis Grizzlies Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142667)

insidehoops 08-07-2009 06:39 PM

Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
The Memphis Grizzlies received a protected 2010 first round draft pick, along with center Steven Hunter and cash considerations from the Denver Nuggets in exchange for a future conditional second round draft pick, Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace announced today. The future protected first round draft pick from Denver could potentially give the Grizzlies three first round selections in next year’s NBA Draft. In addition to its own pick, Memphis is owed the Lakers’ 2010 first round draft pick to complete the Pau Gasol trade with the Los Angeles Lakers on Feb. 1, 2008. InsideHoops.com




wang4three 08-07-2009 06:41 PM

Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
If you were a baller what's a worse feeling, being traded for only a 2nd round draft pick or being traded straight up for Jason Collins?

boozehound 08-07-2009 06:46 PM

Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
The Memphis Grizzlies received a protected 2010 first round draft pick, along with center Steven Hunter and cash considerations from the Denver Nuggets in exchange for a future conditional second round draft pick, Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace announced today. The future protected first round draft pick from Denver could potentially give the Grizzlies three first round selections in next year’s NBA Draft. In addition to its own pick, Memphis is owed the Lakers’ 2010 first round draft pick to complete the Pau Gasol trade with the Los Angeles Lakers on Feb. 1, 2008. InsideHoops.com




so, does this put denver under the luxury tax?

DoGGa 08-07-2009 06:51 PM

Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
^^

No

kurple 08-07-2009 06:52 PM

Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
great for nuggets, saves us 7.4 mill...

but i was hoping we could use hunter as a trade asset, but it seems like the FO are trying to save as much money as possible :ohwell:

Pokerface 08-07-2009 06:56 PM

Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
With this trade the Nuggets are now down to 10 players. Assuming that they plan to sign Coby Karl, they still will need to sign two more players. Does this mean that they are exploring a S & T of Kleiza for a C/PF or a third PG? A couple of moves like this could put them in a stronger position within the WC.

kwajo 08-07-2009 08:01 PM

Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
Memphis: Your 2010 NBA Champions!

JordanL 08-07-2009 08:05 PM

Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
Wait... Denver sent a 1st round pick and Hunter for a conditional 2nd round pick?

Hunter was worth so little that they had to send a 1st to get a conditional 2nd?

Knicks101 08-07-2009 08:11 PM

Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
How is this guy even in the league?

kurple 08-07-2009 08:13 PM

Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanL
Wait... Denver sent a 1st round pick and Hunter for a conditional 2nd round pick?

Hunter was worth so little that they had to send a 1st to get a conditional 2nd?



The 1st round pick is in the mid 20's and the 2nd round pick is in the early 30's. The skill level is pretty much the same, but the nuggets doesn't have to give a guaranteed contract cuz only 1st rounders get that.. It saves us money next season aswell..

I think the swapping of round picks where nuggets FO's idea.

kurple 08-07-2009 08:15 PM

Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knicks101
How is this guy even in the league?


6.4 ppg, 4.8rpg, 1.1bpg in 22mpg is pretty good, this was the season before his injury.

bdreason 08-07-2009 08:29 PM

Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
Obvious salary dump.


On a side note, doesn't it seem like Memphis is in almost every deal in some manner? :oldlol:

franchise#3 08-07-2009 09:28 PM

Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
Good deal for both sides. Memphis gets a pick and a big, Denver dumps salary.

Grinder 08-08-2009 02:59 AM

Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
PG: Hunter
SG: Mihm
SF: Gasol
PF: Hadaddi
CT: Thabeet

That's a run'n'gun lineup right there!

w00terz 08-08-2009 04:36 AM

Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinder
PG: Hunter
SG: Mihm
SF: Gasol
PF: Hadaddi
CT: Thabeet

That's a run'n'gun lineup right there!


:lol


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy