Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   2010 draft lottery order? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144796)

frmsea2okc 08-26-2009 05:15 AM

2010 draft lottery order?

project the team order of the 2010 draft lottery
by order of record (of course the balls can always roll in a weird way, i.e. ewing to ny:rant

heres how i think the lottery will go next year if it were based on record. who i'd take with the pick in paretheses and why

1. kings: (john wall) wall+evans=top 3 backcourt
2. knicks: (greg monroe) pick belongs to utah so i'd trade down and get willie warren or evan turner and another first round pic from a team desperate for a center. i. e. bobcats, thunder, pistons, bulls but if i gotta pick at #2 i couldnt pass up greg monroe
3. rockets (derrick favors) favors and yao with all the great role players would make a great frontcourt
4. t-wolves (willie warren) they got a solid frontcourt and 2 pg's:rolleyes: they desperately need a wing. al-farouq aminu & evan turner i'd possibly consider
5. bucks (ed davis) aside from taking a pg i can see milwaukee going for the "best available" i'd take davis who could start immediately rather than aldrich
6. bobcats (cole aldrich) aldrich and chandler could split time for a year before aldrich becomes the franchise. hopefully will become a franchise type player rather than all the other waisted lottery picks. morrison, may, felton, okafor:rant
7. suns (john henson) this ones to the thunder via the kurt thomas trade. its looking like a great deal for okc :D henson might look like durants little brother, frail and lankey, but he has superstar potential. might take motiejunas but international guys scare me sometimes... darko, skitizvilli or whatever his name is picked by the nugs. :confusedshrug:
8. pacers (evan turner) i know its bird and people think he'll take a white guy like psycho-t but i'd go for best available. b. rush/turner/ford backcourt wouldnt be bad. neither would adding a big though...
9. grizzlies (al-farouq aminu) aminu would only add more youth and athletism to a team already chalked full of it. he'd probably split his time behind gay at 3 and could easily start over darrell arthur. z-bo needs to go play basketball in beruit.
10. pistons (donatas montiejunas) hopefully not darko #2, if he did reach potential he'd fit in perfect with a team of great shooters... gordon, charlie v, rip.
11. clippers (devin ebanks) they have an overpaid not going anywhere because no one would take his insane contract point guard. they have sg, sf and pf locked for the future and kaman and all his money at c. so i go for ebanks who has a high ceiling and can play 3 or 4
12. warriors (solomon alabi) alabi with be "the man" at fsu this coming year, patterson may be better but he'll get less touches playing for uk. playing for that team will hurt his stats a bit i think. alabi is someone who can add d and shot blocking to a team that desperately needs it.
13. bulls (avery bradley) they need a sg. bradley isnt huge but he's athletic, quick and i see him having a big year at texas. craig brackens, james anderson & xavier henry would all fit nicely too.
14. thunder (craig brackins) from what i've seen this guy is awesome. he could put up HUGE numbers this year. if harden is at all a bust i'd take james anderson or xavier henry. either way at this point okc is looking for depth. draft a back up pf/c brackins or demarcus cousins or a backup guard like henry or tyshawn taylor.

again, what do you guys think? what do you think the order will be? picks too if you feel like going into as much detail as me.

UConnCeltics 08-26-2009 09:31 AM

Re: 2010 draft lottery order?

Willie Warren is not what the T'Wolves need. It has to be Ebanks or Aminu.

Interminator 08-26-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UConnCeltics

This.

Aminu would fit perfectly into the T'Wolves front court at SF.

UConnCeltics 08-26-2009 11:11 AM

Wow, I didn't see that shot at Okafor. Okafor, Duncan, and Howard are the only players to average a Double-Double for the past 3 years. Okafor was ROY. Okafor is a fine defensive player. You comparing him to Adam Morrison and Sean May, wow I don't know what to say. We should cut your fingers off so you are never able to type on ISH again.

el gringos 08-26-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator
This.

Aminu would fit perfectly into the T'Wolves front court at SF.

That is a really good fit- loves high post/outside game should let aminu be post option #2 as an inside/out sf

The mock has lots of strange explanations, rankings, and positions- glad you did it though

Moteijunas has to be top 2

For warren to be that high of a pick hed have to be picked as a pg- as a sg there's no way he's that high

Bradley is also an nba pg prospect

Stop it w aldrich being a "franchise" type- he won't be a top 10 pick

InspiredLebowski 08-26-2009 09:32 PM

Bird's made 7 draft picks. Hansbrough and Stanko Barac (a stashed Euro who will probably never make it stateside) are the only white guys he's taken. The trade that brought Murphy and Dunleavy to Indy was all Donnie Walsh. Stop this meme.

frmsea2okc 08-27-2009 03:41 AM

Quote:

Wow, I didn't see that shot at Okafor. Okafor, Duncan, and Howard are the only players to average a Double-Double for the past 3 years. Okafor was ROY. Okafor is a fine defensive player. You comparing him to Adam Morrison and Sean May, wow I don't know what to say. We should cut your fingers off so you are never able to type on ISH again.

im not comparing, im grouping all the terrible bobcats picks. okafor was the number 2 pick taken immedietly after howard. he may not be a bust but for a brand new franchise he wasnt what they would have hoped for im sure. yeah he's good, could be an all star with chris paul. im just saying i'd want more but okafor isnt nearly as bad a pick as morrison. if i was a gm starting a franchise and five years later all i have built is a high lottery team and all those high picks were initially taken on okafor (gone for chandler), sean may (a non factor mostly), morrison. :banghead: i like what they're doing now. henderson will be a solid nba player. i dont mean to affend any bobcats fan, i just think if i was a fan i'd expect the best and be dissapointed with a lot of the results.

frmsea2okc 08-27-2009 03:54 AM

Quote:

i think the wolves need a sg more than a sf. i'd rather have somebody at sg with gomes and brewer splitting time sf than ellington starting at 2 and al-farouq. just my preference. im not sold on warren by all means but like any mock draft especially one this early i decided to go with the expected best sg, a bit undersized maybe but what if he has a great year playing with gallon? could be a ben gordon type sg. a great shooter & slasher. i honestly think aminu could be one of the best in the class but i dont see either as "cant miss" so i go sg.
flynn (great penetrator, good for warren spotting up)
warren/ellington
gnomes/brewer
love
al jefferson plus all the other picks minny has.
they're near the bottom but they are certainly a team moving in the right direction after the dark days of mchale. i still really dissagree with the rubio pick. i would have taken derozen and flynn. i think kahn should have traded the knicks rubio for the 8th and wilson chandler. do you think rubio will play for the wolves in the next few years or ever?

The Joker 08-28-2009 01:01 PM

I doubt Kings would go for Wall... Wall and Evans wouldn't work both guys are ball dominant at same position... no work for me.

For some reason I got this feeling that Rockets will end up with either Favors or Wall, and that Kings will land Monroe.

A.M.G. 08-28-2009 02:44 PM

Tyreke Evans was drafted to play PG. He really isn't very good if he's not handling the ball a lot. So it would kind of be tricky for them if John Wall does end up being the concensus #1 prospect and they have the number one pick.

But likely they won't get the #1 pick, meaning the can go for what they really need which is a forward. The Kings will be targeting Greg Monroe, Derrick Favours, Al-Farouq Aminu, Ed Davis, or even Cole Aldrich although he's similar to Hawes, and any other PFs or SFs who really step up.

Interminator 08-28-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Tyreke Evans was drafted to play PG. He really isn't very good if he's not handling the ball a lot. So it would kind of be tricky for them if John Wall does end up being the concensus #1 prospect and they have the number one pick.

But likely they won't get the #1 pick, meaning the can go for what they really need which is a forward. The Kings will be targeting Greg Monroe, Derrick Favours, Al-Farouq Aminu, Ed Davis, or even Cole Aldrich although he's similar to Hawes, and any other PFs or SFs who really step up.

Why would Sacramento target a PF or C? They're grooming their future front court of Thompson-Hawes. It wouldnt make sense to use another High Lottery Pick on a reserve big man unless he is more superior to Thompson or Hawes like a Blake Griffin.

If Sacramento picked Wall, it would be due to them moving Tyreke Evans to SF(his natural position). A squad of Wall/Martin/Evans/JT/Hawes would be very interesting, given a few years at best that could be a #2 or #3 seed in the Western Conference.

A.M.G. 08-28-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator
Why would Sacramento target a PF or C? They're grooming their future front court of Thompson-Hawes. It wouldnt make sense to use another High Lottery Pick on a reserve big man unless he is more superior to Thompson or Hawes like a Blake Griffin.

If Sacramento picked Wall, it would be due to them moving Tyreke Evans to SF(his natural position). A squad of Wall/Martin/Evans/JT/Hawes would be very interesting, given a few years at best that could be a #2 or #3 seed in the Western Conference.

I never said they should target a C, I think Hawes is their guy at that spot. I distinctly said "forward". As in a PF or a SF or a combo.

I believe that Greg Monroe, Derrick Favors and probably Ed Davis all have strong potential to be "more superior" to Thompson at the 4 spot. I mentioned Aldrich only assuming he could play PF, but he would be better than JT as well. I really don't see JT as a long-term starter in the NBA. I also think they could look to find a SF in Aminu or maybe Favors, Nocioni and Garcia aren't exactly superstars.

You honestly think that Tyreke's natural position in the NBA is SF? Dude is like 6'5 at best. Not saying he couldn't do it given his freakish arm length, but it is definitely not his natural position.

Anyways, part of my point is that the odds are the Kings won't get the #1 pick, so they probably won't get a chance to draft Wall in the first place.

And we're on for that avy bet right? From the day after the 2010 NBA Draft (when Lance and Renardo do/don't get drafted lottery) to the day of the first NBA regular season games, the loser has to wear an avy of the winner's choosing. No nudity or vulgarity, etc. in the avy. Is it on?

Interminator 08-28-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.M.G.
I never said they should target a C, I think Hawes is their guy at that spot. I distinctly said "forward". As in a PF or a SF or a combo.

OK.

Quote:

I believe that Greg Monroe, Derrick Favors and probably Ed Davis all have strong potential to be "more superior" to Thompson at the 4 spot. I mentioned Aldrich only assuming he could play PF, but he would be better than JT as well. I really don't see JT as a long-term starter in the NBA. I also think they could look to find a SF in Aminu or maybe Favors, Nocioni and Garcia aren't exactly superstars.
They need to show the production in order to be considered a "superior talent" than Thompson, someone who you can be 100% sure will become that type of player. Greg Monroe may be very good but has a low ceiling, Favors is quite the athlete, and Davis has a high upside.

Quote:

You honestly think that Tyreke's natural position in the NBA is SF? Dude is like 6'5 at best. Not saying he couldn't do it given his freakish arm length, but it is definitely not his natural position.
Tyreke played SF throughout HS, his role has always been as a SF until we moved him to PG at Memphis. Tyreke at 6'5 220 is very good size for a SF considering his style of play and how well he gets to the basket and how clutch he is as a finisher with his right hand. Tyreke at PG is going to limit him, they're attempting to turn a Point Forward into a Point Guard. It worked at Memphis due to our DDM system, I am not sure how well it would in Sacramento espescially without a secondary ballhandler there like Antonio Anderson was in Memphis.

Quote:

Anyways, part of my point is that the odds are the Kings won't get the #1 pick, so they probably won't get a chance to draft Wall in the first place.

And we're on for that avy bet right? From the day after the 2010 NBA Draft (when Lance and Renardo do/don't get drafted lottery) to the day of the first NBA regular season games, the loser has to wear an avy of the winner's choosing. No nudity or vulgarity, etc. in the avy. Is it on?
Yah the bet is still on.

If Tyreke went #4, why do you think Lance Stephenson wont be a Lottery Pick? If you've been watching them as Hs/AAU players, you'd realize Lance is just a stronger, more emotional version of Tyreke.

The Joker 08-28-2009 08:30 PM

Actually I'm pretty sure Evans played PG all his life except the first few games at Memphis...

Jeffrey_Teague 08-29-2009 05:54 AM

Cole Aldrich isnt a franchise player and dont think hell be anymore than a role player